U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 13,281 reviews matching the search
Stop making me do this
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  WORLWIDEMay 24, 2017
It was awesome.I wish they would stop making me do these reviews. I have nothing else to say but everyone one should give it a try. Its a great start.
Usaf
Shift Supervisor, Fuels Distribution, Dhahran (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth AFB, SDMay 24, 2017
All good. Retirement ,training, moving travel, financial support, emotional support, Family support. Holidays off, sick time, medical and food provided.
Good starting point
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOMay 24, 2017
I would suggest the Air Force over any other branch as they put you in a good position to succeed while in the military and there are many jobs that transition you towards success after leaving.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Traveling
Cons
Military Lifestyle can be a negative if you cannot adapt quickly
amazing
Radar Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 24, 2017
best job i have ever had. if you're willing to work hard and sacrifice a little, so many doors will open for you. can be stressful, at times, but that's understandable.
Love
Combat Control (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
I loved being in the Air Force. Everything about it the early mornings to the exhausting regiments. I was injured during training so I had to get out but if I hadn't gotten hurt i would have made a career out of it. Any young person wanting to serve their country needs to join the Air Force it was an amazing experience!
Excellent place to work
Supervisor of Logistics Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 24, 2017
United States Air Force was the best place to work, they offered lots of benefits and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a change. The culture and life style is total different than a regular job.
Physician Assistant - Family Medicine (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 23, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working with our military personnel. I learned a lot about how the system worked, had good computer training and had a retired air force person that was my medical assistant and he really helped me with all the paperwork.
Pros
Set number of patients per day, one hour for lunch
Cons
The Air Force allowed me to do and see things I would have never been able in another line of work.
Noncomissioned Officer in Charge of Administration (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2017
There was not a day in twenty one years that I did not enjoy the United States Air Force. I was able to complete a wide range of tasks preparing for my life outside of the USAF. As my rank increased so did my responsibilities. Travel was the most enjoyable part of my career and also the hardest as I was away from my family.
Pros
Supporting the mission and the team.
Cons
Losing friends to permant change of station.
Management lacks
Health Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Minot AFB, NDMay 23, 2017
Most leadership is exhausted and is working to earn rank. Failure to take care of subordinates. Seems to be the case at all bases. Pay raises and benefits are slowly being taken away.
very flexable place to work
Medical Appointment Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 23, 2017
A typical day is very busy but fun atmosphere. I learned to muti-task different duties. The job requirements were not hard at all, just very busy. The most enjoyable was the patients.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no benefits
Great job, great opportunity
Radio Systems Manager/Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  WorlwideMay 23, 2017
This was a really good job. There was a lot of variety in duties with plenty of opportunity to grow. I also was able to travel around the world which was a tremendous experience.
Productive and Rewarding work
Operations Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Texas, New Mexico, ArizonaMay 23, 2017
Military work is very tedious and yet rewarding experience that can enrich a foundation of hard work ethic that results in a solid reliable employee satisfaction rating from higher headquarters and administrators.
N/a
Tactical Aircraft Maintainer (Former Employee) –  GlobalMay 23, 2017
I do not have anything negative to say about my time in the Air Force. I built lasting relationships and have traveled around the world for work and pleasure.
The service is a good place to learn about work and life.
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  New MexicoMay 23, 2017
Go to work early get coffee get turnover from previous shift and complete tasks and give turnover to next shift.
Discipline, responsibility, Fitness, Life.
Consistent and fare
Service of my Country USA
Being apart from family
Learning about life and making friends
Pros
Serving our Country the USA, Housing and food provided and travel.
Cons
Loss of Limbs and life during Battle
ok
Fuels Distribution Operator (Former Employee) –  Andersen Air Force Base, GUMay 23, 2017
too many lazy people handing off responsibility to subordinate.

very unorganized for what the image of the military is and no one knows what is going on
Pros
g.i. bill
Cons
no down time
Military Service
Various Communications and Director/Manager (Former Employee) –  VariousMay 23, 2017
Not for everyone; rewarding / fulfilling. Able to utilize skills in problem solving, personnel relationships, mentoring and customer satisfaction. A rewarding career that demanded a lot but was very fulfilling in my personal learning and growth and well as teaching handling and working with varied employees and customers.
Get out and see the world
Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 23, 2017
The Air Force isn't for everyone, but it is a good springboard to the real world if you are just graduating High School and don't know what you want to do with your life. You can learn a trade and get your education while getting a decent salary and benefits. It is still the military and there are rules and regulations to follow. You may be sent places you don't necessarily want to be. You could be separated from family and friends for long periods of time. Overall, it is a good experience if you are willing to venture out of your comfort zone.
Pros
Lots of benefits and education
Cons
Military rules and regulations
Comradery
Supply chain supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAMay 23, 2017
I loved being in the Air Force. When one becomes a military member they gain friends and family for life. The chance to see the world without the added expense of it is also rewarding.
Pros
friendships
Cons
wars are never fun
Best Job I Ever Had
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 23, 2017
Not much to say hear that whoever is reading this doesn't probably already know. If you are willing to put the effort in, the Air Force is the best career for anyone. Honestly think everyone in the USA should have to serve minimum 4 years. Best decision I ever made was joining the Air Force.
Loved it.
Electronic Signals Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buckley AFB, COMay 23, 2017
I believe that everyone would benefit from a term of service in the military. Whether it's financial stability, personal growth, or work experience, there's something to be gained by everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5