U.S. Air Force
5,445 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Great work environment
Management Analyst (Former Employee), Tinker AFB, OKAugust 19, 2014
Great work environment. Work environment was one that others valued your thoughts and personnel worked well together.
Its the Military
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Whiteman AFBAugust 19, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: hours
Its a way of life not many are ready for but for those that are it will open doors.
LOVE
Postal Clerk (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 19, 2014
This was my first job after high school and I absolutely love the Air Force and hope one day to be on the officer side of things.
Great start for a young person!!
Aircraft maintenance technician (Former Employee), World wideAugust 19, 2014
The best experience of my life! Would do it again miss it.learned more than aircraft work.
Great place to learn and grow
Supervisor/ Program Manager (Current Employee), Macdill AFB, FLAugust 19, 2014
I would suggest everyone to join the military and serve their country.
Mission Supervisor (Current Employee), Falmouth, MAAugust 19, 2014
Great people and challenging work environment. I highly recommend this employer.
This was not really a job it was my lifestyle
Chief Master Sgt Combat Communications (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 18, 2014
Pros: seeing the world
Cons: getting blown up
I dedicated my life to the military. It was my lifestyle. It is my family.
I saw the world. I grew up in the military. I had the very best and the very worst times of my life in this job, and would not change any of it ever
Very diverse
STAFF SERGEANT (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2014
The Air Force was unpredictable and quite interesting all at the same time.
Chief Operations Officer (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTAugust 18, 2014
Overall, if you are looking for challenge and reward, the US Air Force is a great place to work.
Great Work
Process Improvement Specialist / C-17 Pilot (Current Employee), McChord AFB, WAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good work, good pay
Cons: gone too much
Worked 8-5 most days except on deployments and when flying oversees. While flying days could last from 24-36 hours. 16 hours off, rinse, repeat. Great people to work with.
Great start to my life
Security Forces Instructor/Journeyman (Former Employee), Different locationsAugust 18, 2014
The air force was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. It was a great life and served me and my family well. I would do it all over again.
Demanding job
Squadron Superintendent (Former Employee), USAAugust 17, 2014
Proud of going to work everyday keeping our aircraft (Air Force) in top condition and our personnel in top training condition, ready for face any challenge that might arise.

I can go on and on about my military career...I'm just honored to have served my country...
Productive career setting with a lot to offer
Flight Operation Management 1C7X1 (Former Employee), EuropeAugust 17, 2014
Well productive and good training, offers constant growth, and benefits.
Air Force Review
Security Forces Specialist (Current Employee), Offutt AFB, NEAugust 17, 2014
It requires a special person to handle the work life and environment.
I saw the world and worked with an extremely diverse group of people
Air Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), World WideAugust 17, 2014
Pros: travel and benefits to include retirement
Cons: long hours and at times very physical labors
There was no "typical" day at work. Every day provided different challenge. My experiences with the Air Force provided me with people skills that I have used daily in both my professional and personal life. The hardest part of the job was occasionally working 12+ hour shifts with a rotating schedule. The most enjoyable part of my time in the service – more... was being afforded the ability to travel the world and live in different countries and states and experience vastly different cultures. – less
Great workplace
Bulk Fuels Storage Supervisor (Former Employee), Aviano, Air Base, ItalyAugust 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: deployments
United States Air Force was a great experience for me. I learned many skills about my job and time management. I was able to work under pressure and in hostile environments.
Electronic Systems technician
Electronic Systems Technician (Former Employee), Maxwell AFB, ALAugust 16, 2014
Pros: respect, benefits, responsibility, travel, structure
Cons: weather
What a great experience it was to be a member of the greatest Air Force on the globe! Most days were atypical. If we weren't repairing or doing periodic maintenance a a piece of equipment then we were training for CPR, certifying competency in the systems we use, preparing for an inspection, or doing field exercises. My co-workers on a daily basis were – more... comprised of mostly other airman my same age group along with a handful of older (30-45 years old) sergeants all being over seen by two or three senior non-commissioned officers (45-60). The hardest part of the job was being away from the people I grew up with but that was also the best part; making new friends and evaluating how well I could interact with people raised in entirely different environments. The part I enjoyed most is that airmen are given a lot of responsibility and expected to perform at a high level of precision and accuracy which I felt I met and exceeded highlighting my ability to meet and go beyond expectations. – less
Hard work but the benefits are awesome
Aerospace Engineer (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: health benefits, looks great on a resume, opportunity for advancement
Cons: long hours, stress, time away from loved ones
I got to work on planes and work with people from all over the U.S. I learned the ins an outs of planes and what it takes to get them off the ground. It was very tough at times working in the heat and but I really enjoyed my work. It's something not just anybody could do, its a tough career to get into.
Awesome life experience that is worth the risk.
Security Forces member (Cop) (Former Employee), WorldwideAugust 15, 2014
Pros: new places, friends. livable wages.
Cons: long hours, away from home, life risking.
Hard work with lots of life changing experiences that will introduce individuals to a new outlook on life, family and appreciation for our great country.
Active Duty Air Force
Leader / Program Manager / Operations Manager (Current Employee), VariousAugust 15, 2014
Pros: leadership, management and skills
Cons: away from the family
Being an Air Force officer is more than meets the title. A career of service is rewarding, especially when one sees the fruits of one's labor.

Military service isn't for everyone--various and layered sacrifice...but its a profession that keeps giving.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more