U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

The United States Military has prepared me well to become a leader and high productive member of any organization.
Client Systems Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, MSAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Lack of pay
Communications and the flow of information is critical to all organizations. My focus and specialty is too manage mad make sure those areas continue and operate smoothly. Being innovative and developing new and better ways to make the flow of information occur is exciting for me.
A tough job but someone has to do it.
Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Sumter, SCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: serving my country
Cons: deployments
I learned a lot serving my country in the the USAF. My typical days could be anywhere from 9 to 15 hours long but it gave me a feeling a fulfillment that I was providing a service to my country that not all are privileged to do. There were good days and bad as with any job but the good always outweighed the bad. I worked with a great group of people at every station I was assigned during my ten year career. The hardest part of the job I would have to say would be learning that you cant do all you want to do when you want to do. The most enjoyable part was when my team and I accomplished a goal and did it with great proficiency and accuracy.
Productive and disciplined working enviroment with a strong sense of brotherhood
Basic Trainee (Former Employee), Joint Base San Antonio Lackland, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Brotherhood, fitness, free food, free housing, free clothing
Cons: No personal time, limited privacy
Fast-paced work place with strict rules and regulations. A good enviroment for people to realize their potential and rise to the challenge. The best part was the strong sense of brotherhood and friendship formed with your fellow Airmen. The hardest part of the job was the culture shock and lack of personal time. Most of the work dealt with monotonous tasks and drills to instill a good work ethic and muscle memory. The drill sergeants might seem rough and mean, but they genuinely care for those they are training.
Great life skills and good experience.
Sergeant, Communications and Electronics (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 26, 2015
Active duty military in the Air Force has been a great experience with huge amounts of opportunity to grow as a Airman and a leader. Educational benefits are priority with the Air Force and the medical package is second to none.

If you are willing to give 100%, you have the ability to grow and develop professionally and educationally. Opportunities abound and I recommend the military to everyone who can join.
Excellent experience in learning different aspects of the world.
Security Police (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2015
Great opportunity to serve my country and develop employment skills that would be beneficial in my professional career.
Worldwide opportuniities at every level.
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Germany, Kuwait, Azores, Midwest and United StatesAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, education and promotion opportunities
Cons: Deploying to not the greatest tourist spots in the world but its the mission!
The U.S. Air Force and fellow branches of the U.S. military offer outstanding opportunities for eligible adults. The education, experiences, supervising and management skills one can obtain either through first-hand or observational are the biggest benefits of the military. Management is observant and fair. Co-workers are ever changing as this is the military after but after 23 years of it, I still am in contact with those that I served with from my first base! The hardest part of the job is the reality that you can deploy and be put in harms way. This is where you are tested in your ability, faith and dedication. Most enjoyable part of the job is the experience one is exposed to that surpasses the majority of the companies one is employed with post service.
Excellent Career
Director of Business Operations (Former Employee), San Antonio TexasAugust 25, 2015
No complaints about the Air Force and how it takes care of its people. I came in a boy and left a full grown man. Had a blast and was able to travel overseas.
Met a lot of new people
Personnel (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 25, 2015
I took pleasure inputting the marriages of military members then later on inputting the birth of their children. I met different people from all over the world. My very best friend and I met on the military base
Great foundation for life
LE (Former Employee), UtahAugust 25, 2015
The U.S. Air Force is a unique branch of service that is very fluid and carries out many missions that go well beyond air support. I would recommend this branch over the others simply because it sets you up for success in the civilian world in ways that the other branches do not.
LOGISTICS
Material Management Journeymen (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDAugust 25, 2015
COMPLETED AND MAINTAINED DAILY TASKS TO ENSURE THE MISSION COULD BE SUPPORTED. STOCKED, ISSUED AND MAINTAINED ACCOUNTABILITY FOR MILITARY UNIFORMS, ISSUED/ RECEIVED AIRCRAFT PARTS, MAINTAINED PERSONNEL CLOTHING RECORDS, INVENTORY READINESS SPARES PACKAGES, COMPLETE REQUIRED MONTHLY TRAINING, MAINTAIN MILITARY CERTIFICATIONS FOR DEPLOYMENT READINESS, MAINTAIN OPERATIONAL SAFETY.
INSPECT AND KEEP FULL ACCOUNTABILITY FOR MILITARY PROPERTY IN WORK SECTION, MAINTAIN DAILY, WEEKLY, MONTHLY REPORTS, COORDINATE AND MAINTAIN READINESS SPARES PACKAGES FOR DEPLOYMENTS, RESPONSIBLE FOR PRE AND POST DEPLOYMENT RSP OPERATIONS, ISSUE/RECEIVE PROPERTY,
Great life experience
Operations Manager, Medical Plans and Readiness (Former Employee), MacDill AFB, FLAugust 25, 2015
Served over 20 years in the United States Air Force, Met friends for life and I would not change a thing. I am here so I won't get fined.
Valuable career, great experience
Law Enforcement Operations Superintendent (Former Employee), Goodfellow AFB, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: deployments
Cons: political correctness
Worked 40+ hours a week, as I progressed throughout my career it became very political. learned more than I could ever list, team work, sacrifice, and hard work and sound morals will get you far. Most co-workers were great, as in any environment. Hardest part of the job was as I promoted, I had to move out of jobs I really enjoyed. Best part of the job was when I got to work with people who became like family.
typical military career.
Air Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Hill AFB, UTAugust 25, 2015
Pros: best benefits you could ask for. many skills and trades to be learned
Cons: military life is difficult.
it is a typical military job. if you would like to know details talk to a recruiter. other than that i was able to see and learn things i never thought i would.
great people good place to work
Aerospace Maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: benefits, people
Cons: fluctuating schedule
I had a great experience in the military. I met a lot of different and interesting people. I learned a lot about myself and my career field. I would not take anything back but I am ready to move on to something else.
Best 20 years of my life
October 2015 Unit Security Manager (Current Employee), Mountain Home, IDAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Too much time away from family
To capture the life in the Air Force from the perspective of one individual is impossible. There are hundreds of different jobs in the Air Force. I loved my job as a plumber. Sure, there were times it was tough or not what I had expected but if it was cake and ice cream then it would have really sucked. Stress can be a great motivator.
Great Opportunity
Deputy Staff Judge Advocate (Former Employee), Grand Forks AFB, NDAugust 25, 2015
Pros: free healthcare, good housing allowance, travel
Cons: deployments
The Air Force provides a great opportunity for young people to learn valuable skills that will benefit them for a lifetime. It also provides a unique life experience that is difficult to quantify. The spirit of camaraderie in the military is something that you do not find in most other jobs. The Air Force becomes your second family. But along with that comes the burden and responsibility of deployments and putting yourself in harms way.
Challenging job with
Defense Satellite Comm Sys Vehicle Operator (Current Employee), Schriever AFB, COAugust 25, 2015
Responsible for daily operations on 3.35B military satellite constellation. Perform satellite functions checks and implement malfunction/emergency resolution actions when needed.
Easy learning and promotion
Operation Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 25, 2015
easy to work with management, fast progress, higher education and easy promotion. friendly co-workers, lots of experience
Opens Up many opportunities
Security Forces Police Officer (Current Employee), Horsham, PAAugust 24, 2015
Have to consider and utilize all that they have to offer. Many life beneficial resources. You can be exposed to a plethora of things that many people wait years for, or never exposed with the chance. Alot of living, and schooling benefits available.
Constant learning mode, but fun to do
Relocation Specialist (Former Employee), Luke AFB, Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2015
Followed directives, willing to go above and beyond of what was expected. Shared collectively within the group all I had to share.
Headquarters