U.S. Air Force
6,862 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Loved being apart of something bigger than myself. I got tired of being seperated constanly for months from my kids.
Warehousing Specialist and Heavy eq. operator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2015
Pros: met some great people, got to see the world, learned to operate several peices of machinery, was proud to be serve my country
Cons: was tired of fightning a winless war, was tired of being seperated from my family.
If I knew that I would be in the position that I am in now, I would have re enlisted again. But when it came time to re enlist I wanted a job where I could provide for them better or just as good without the separation. Also the military provided a place where people could abuse their position and put their responsibilities on others.
Fast paced and challenging
Master Sergeant (Former Employee), tucson, azMarch 3, 2015
Great place to work with awesome pay and benefits that un-match anyone else. Not very family friendly, but military service comes before yourself always. Management always changed and that was good and bad at times. Fixing machines is my passion, and i got a lot of satisfaction from working there. Co-workers lacked motivation and management wouldn't fix it.
Air Force
PERSONNEL JOURNEYMAN, SENIOR AIRMAN (Former Employee), Little Rock AFB, ARMarch 3, 2015
I love the military and had the best experiences in my life in the Air Force. If you are stuck in life with no job, or job that doesn't have great benefits, then look at the military. Free school, free medical. Can't go wrong.
Serving my country was a joy for 20 years
Personnel Manager/Instructor (Former Employee), Various Air Force Bases around the US/GermanyMarch 3, 2015
Pros: service to the country and travel
Cons: being a long way from home, deployments, and pay was low
I had five wonderful assignments in a 20 year career. I had great supervisors and managers. They taught me many things that I still use today in my life and job management. I got an opportunity to teach in the Air Force which led to me another career following the Air Force. I worked with the best peers and supervised some of the finest young men and women in the US.

I learned many leadership, management and communication skills which have served me proud over my careers.
F-16 pilot Operations Manager
Operations Resource Manager (Former Employee), Worldwide LocationsMarch 3, 2015
Coordinated with multiple departments the air to air and air to ground missions.

Tracked and maintained confidential information.
Trained new recruits our policy and procedures.
Great place to build skills for the future
Flight Engineer (Current Employee), Travis AFB CAMarch 3, 2015
The Air Force is a great opportunity to build skills for the future and complete an education. The mission will take you around the world and allow you to experiance many different cultures as well as contribute to world events.
Awesome job
Imagery Analyst/ Imagery Dissemination Supervisor (Former Employee), Beale AFB, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, dinner, housing, and medical
Cons: not many
Typical day was getting up and doing what I love to do. The culture is great and teammates are the best. This job was the greatest privilege of my life and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I recommend it to anyone looking to find themselves are looking for a challenge of the soul.
Best experience of my life.
Security Forces Officer (Former Employee), Charleston SCMarch 3, 2015
I enjoyed my six years in the Air Force and I would gladly go back. I learned a lot of useful skills in the service. Best part of this job was the deployments.
Great character builder
Avionics Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: travel, exposure to other cultures of the world, life experiences.
Cons: war
I was proud to serve my country. I received valuable training and gained the experience that only the Air Force can offer. This was a much greater experience than I have ever gained at the several colleges I have attended. I worked on advanced electronics systems platforms on one of the most advanced fighter aircraft of that time. I was able to travel the world and participate in meaningful missions that proved to be life changing events. I made friends with many people from all over the United States and the world.
Rewarding and full of Opertunity
Crew Chief/Journeyman (Former Employee), Dyess AFB, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: take good care of you, made sure you are fed, rested, and physically fit
Cons: deployments, time away from home
If you work hard, you will make it far. Recognition when did something extra well or out of the normal job description. Held to a higher standard on and off duty.
Great Job for the Area
Lead AMXG Engineering Process Improvement Analyst (Current Employee), Robins AFB, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: very rewarding supporting our military
The tide flows as the leadership changes. The work is steady and the pay is good for the area. The tough part is dealing with folks that are deadwood and will not change no matter how urgent the need to support the frontline men and women.
family friendly way of life with great work relationships
Aircraft Armament Systems Technician (Current Employee), Barksdale AFB, LAMarch 3, 2015
I have enjoyed my time in the service. I had a good time and made a lot of friends. I have learned many lessons down the road and became a stronger and more confident man.
Operations oriented
Officer in Charge of Mobility (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 3, 2015
The USAF is a machine that is constantly in need of repairs. Each member is held to the task of being knowledgable in their area of training. Unfortunately, not all parts of the AF are created equal. The hardest part of being an Airman is finding the shortfalls, identifying them and creating ways to fix problems that are out of your scope of experience or expertise. From that, each Airman that thrives on successes, individually and as a team, learns how to overcome obstacles and is eventually rewarded in some fashion.
Life Experience
Lead Hydraulic Technician (Current Employee), Abilene, TexasMarch 3, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: places we traveled to
I have been enlisted for 20yrs, I have been stationed at 3 different bases. I have traveled to over a dozen countries and seen things that most people never will. I love my job but its time to move on to something new.
Loose work environment
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee), Langley AFB, VAMarch 3, 2015
Work environment was loose but also we all got our work done in a timely manner play hard work harder. I work 7-4 M-F maintaining and trouble shooting the network with a 12 man shop. I enjoy trouble shooting the most I definitely enjoy a challenge.
Fixing Planes in the Air Force
Crew Chief / Technical Sergeant (Former Employee), The WorldMarch 3, 2015
Pros: traveling the world, learing many valuable skills
Cons: sometimes going to not so friendly places
Day to day maintenance, including “end of runway, postflight, preflight, thru-flight, special inspections and phase inspections.”
Diagnosing malfunctions and replacing components on any C-5 stationed at Travis AFB Detailed inspection, record-keeping, and administration. Supervision and coordination of aircraft care, as well as such varied duties as “Crew chief, repair and reclamation, and crash recovery duties.Troubleshot and maintained aircraft structures, systems, components, and SE.Tested and repaired components using mockups and test equipment.
U.S. Air Force (Former Employee), Eglin AFBMarch 3, 2015
I learned discipline, honor, integrity, and excellence in all I do. I also learned attention to detail, better physical fitness skills, and gained a little schooling with valid credits.
productive and mission essential
Aerospace Medical Technician/Corpsman (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 2, 2015
This job taught me how to be something bigger than myself. I wa sable to learn through sacrifice and determination what it truly means to serve one's country.
Military construction company
Heavy Equipment Journeymen (Former Employee), Spangdahlem Germany, Las Vegas NevadaMarch 2, 2015
Worked and supervised with members of a team to get the job done. Mainly in heavy equipment. Also in the repair and placement of pavement.
Internship Prepares you for Job
Civil Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 2, 2015
My internship at Robins Air Force Base really prepared me for my field. This internship helped me gain the employment that I have today.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries