U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 13,707 reviews matching the search
Great Learning Experience.
SSgt. w/ Honorable Discharge (Former Employee) –  Michigan, GermanyJune 27, 2017
Military....what can I say. Learned how to follow orders, overhaul jet engines. Got some travel in but mostly did the job of keeping aircraft flying. Grew up fast.
Pros
education.
Cons
low pay.
Non stop Shifts
Medical Service Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Beale AFB, CAJune 26, 2017
Learned and gained a tremendous amount job knowledge and experience. Great travel opportunities available. Meet and work with a vast array of cultures and personalities.
I choose not to review
Senior Non Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 26, 2017
My job was in a secure area and i would feel a lot better if I didnt have to post anything here. I was a language analyst whose career was cut short due to bureaucratic nonsense.
Expect to do a lot of stuff, but not get recognized for it
Custody Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTJune 26, 2017
Easier job than the other branches of the military, but you usually work a bit smarter. management changes constantly so you will work for the best bosses ever followed by the worst bosses ever in a never-ending cycle.
Pros
Healthcare and Dental (but not very good)
Cons
Everything else
Fast-paced/customer friendly/extensive training
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2017
A typical day started at 0700am, with first patient being seated. The health history and BP would be screened on each patient, and any prescribed radiographs would be taken. The provider would come in, we would do the exam, technician would do cleaning and schedule patient for any pending appointments. I would sterilize the room after releasing the patient, take my contaminated instruments to instrument processing, do my administrative portion and get ready to greet the next patient. The hardest part was trying to fit all the necessary treatment into an hour. The most enjoyable part was of course the patients. I was able to tweak my time management, and impeccable patient care/strong customer service skills. The day typically ended at 4pm however sometimes we would work till 5pm.
Pros
Free lunches, Continued Education, Dental and medical benefits, 401K, paid vacation time.
Cons
Short breaks, Extensive workloads, low manning
Travel The World, But They Will Work You For It
F-16 Dedicated Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCJune 26, 2017
As a Crew Chief you will be worked like an animal and have little time off or steady hours. You are gone all the time and move every couple years to go where they need you.
Fun and Postive work place
Services Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 26, 2017
The workplace always has a fun and positive atmosphere. As far as management goes, they are always there to answer questions and help you with upgrade training. The hardest part of the job is just trying to remain positive in tough situations. I enjoy being around the people I work around and the teamwork they bring to the table.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, great people
Best Decision ever
Combat Crew Communications Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 26, 2017
Never a dull moment in the Air Force. It was a great family. I learned about managing my peers, evaluating my subordinates and deploying in a moments notice.
The Air Force was great!
Communications Computer Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX, Biloxi, MS, Madrid SpainJune 26, 2017
The Air Force was a wonderful experience. Now I wish that I had stayed in and retired. If I could go back and do it again, I definitely would. Every young person should join the military for a least one enlistment!
Great development opportunity
Production Superintendent (Former Employee) –  GlobalJune 26, 2017
Its the military. Fast paced lifestyle. Great benefits and a chance for a youngster to develop leadership and management skills. You will see the world some good some bad.
Pros
Benefits, 20 year retirement
Cons
Long hours and short notice relocations
great org to work for
Physical Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 26, 2017
Working as a DAF civilian was outstanding, the benefits/compensation/culture exceeded expectations, only left to relocate to another state. would recommend to any looking to get into long term federal service
A great opportunity to serve your country
Operations Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2017
The Air Force has instilled a sense of teamwork and commitment in me that I will carry for the rest of my life. It has given me an opportunity to see the world while serving my country.
Productive and fun workplace with plenty of opportunity
Project Manager/Structural Journeymen (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDJune 25, 2017
A typical day in the Air Force was unlike any job I've had before. Walking into work each day was enjoyable. It was a brotherhood. I was a project manager/structural journeyman so my duties were to lead the facility inspection team on base. I was responsible for documenting and reporting all found damage and assets and prioritize them in order of importance. Management was good but at times could have used more leadership training to help younger and inexperienced airman. The workplace culture was the best. It really was a team effort and everyone looked out for each other, especially while overseas. The hardest part of the job was being away from family on training and deployments. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and places you get to meet and see.
Good place to gain experience
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLJune 25, 2017
If you're in the right career field, there are opportunities to learn about constantly evolving technologies. In the right job, you will receive valuable training that translates well in the civilian sector.
Loved the structure
Heating and Cooling Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 25, 2017
You always have to listen and problem solve. It was the best place for me while I was there. I owe much of what I have now to the USAF and would have done a full 20 years if it was available to me.
Pros
Structure
Cons
24/7/365 on call
Fun productive workplace
Supply Management Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 25, 2017
You get to serve your country while working a regular job. You get to be apart of a great organization. Meet some great people and have the opportunity to travel around the world.
Great expierence
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 25, 2017
Had some great direct supervisors had a couple bad ones as well. Fast paced, long deployments . Over all and invaluable experience. I believe everyone should serve for at least a couple years.
Pros
free lunch, free healthcare, free dental, money for college, great coworkers
Cons
long deployments, long hours.
Productive fun
Logistics and Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Seymour-Johnson AFB, NCJune 25, 2017
Great helpful tips and informant l enjoyed all of the jobslisyed and the breakdown the website provides. Hopefully everything goes well and I get employed soon.
Pros
Great learning experiences
Cons
Deployments
Great
Command and Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 24, 2017
This was a fantastic experience. I had a great opportunity to see the world at a young age and meet different people. I was taught the value of hard work and being part of a team.
Leadership, Career, Culture, Family
Assistant NCOIC, Knowledge Operations Management (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMJune 24, 2017
The Air Force gave me experience in a career field that expanded. This included combining Administrative and Office Support with Information Technology Specialist (Helpdesk and field work). The Air Force teaches you about commitment, job training, overcoming difficult situations whether during peacetime or wartime. Family is a top priority for their service members. The Air Force promotes career education and furthering additional education outside of your career field. They provide travel for training. However, members sign a dotted line to deploy for an uncertain amount of time during peace and wartime.
Pros
Education, Pay, Family, Career Experience
Cons
Deploying during wartime, working long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5