U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 12,638 reviews matching the search
Great training
E-4 Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTMarch 27, 2017
I would work on many different types of aircraft everyday. I learned a lot about the maintenance on aircraft and how to keep an aircraft airworthy. The management was always fair. The workplace was extremely team oriented. The hardest part of the job was the pay and best part was the work.
Cons
pay
Installed life long core values and sense of purpose.
United States Air Force (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAMarch 27, 2017
The United States Air Force provided me with the tools necessary to become a leader in not only my community, but also in my own day to day life. The core values were taught in basic go a long way after your service is over with.
Always an Airman!
Resource Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
A typical day at work involves protecting the freedoms on the United States of America. I have learned that hard work and determination will help you succeed.
Pros
Defending your country
Air Force
Aircrew Flight Equipment Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CAMarch 27, 2017
6 years enlisted consists of daily lifestyle changes including moving, learning new ways of doing your current job and OJT on a daily basis. I would recommend going to school and becoming an officer before enlisting
Great Leadership Experience
Cadet Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
Great Leadership Experience and earned a commission. Cadre and staff at the Detachment was amazing and we had a great relationship with Macdill Air Force Base which was close by.
Grow up quick
Airman Basic (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2017
BMT is the quickest way to learn what the real world is like. I strongly recommend that everyone experience it at least once in their life. Just remember that no one can really prepare you for BMT.
Pros
Team building, Personal Growth, Leadership
Cons
Family separation, No privacy, Stress
Great experience
Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
My time was cut short due to a medical condition, but I enjoyed working for the US Air Force. I felt that I was taken care of as well as my family. The workplace culture depended on what shop you are working at. I enjoyed working the Fitness Center.
Was great when I was in
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJMarch 27, 2017
I served for over 24 years. It was a great career. There was plenty of good and bad as one should expect with military service. It is a different game now, so I don't know how it would be to serve now.
Great experience
Munitions Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  New MexicoMarch 27, 2017
The military provided me and my family with job security and allowed me to serve my country while gaining management experience to help in the civilian world. It gave me a strong work ethic.
challenging and room to grow
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 27, 2017
I started work around 0630 and worked till 4pm or later depending on the responsibilities and needs of the day and week. As a supervisor I had confidence in my ability to manage my day and take care of my needs besides seeing patients and mentoring lower ranking airman. I enjoyed the challenges and opportunities to grow and teach. Leadership meetings helped ease communication flaws and understanding in the ever changing environment.
Pros
salary, medical, team enviroment
Cons
competition

Want to know more about U.S. Air Force?

Ask a question
Fighter Integrated Avionics Specialist
Fighter Integrated Avionics Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsMarch 27, 2017
Amazing opportunity working on awesome aircraft. Long days/hours, but lifelong friends made. Traveled all around the world, experienced many cultures. Learned allot about my air frame, and leadership skills. Great experience overall.
Great way of Life
Chief, Plans and Programs (Former Employee) –  VariousMarch 27, 2017
The Air Force can be a rewarding career, if you are undecided on your future go talk to a recruiter and see if there is something that interest you there are hundreds of jobs available.
Great branch to be in.
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2017
Very open to everyone. Met a lot of great people. Made a lot of great memories and friendships. Id recommend it to anyone wanting free tuition and a steady job.
Military Life
Water and Fuel System Maintenence (Former Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOMarch 26, 2017
As most military members can vouch the Air Force is one of the more desirable branches. In my experience after your basic training at your main station. You wake up do morning exercises get ready for work. Show up and get your morning assignments then with your crew you head out to do your work finish it as soon as you can, receive your next job and so on. And after a while you can attend classes for your job to further your knowledge. Albeit sometimes it is mandatory but it can be beneficial to you once you exit the military into the civilian life.
Pros
Steady routine
long time away from family
Navigator/Instructor Navigator (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAMarch 26, 2017
Good job
Good benefits
Best medical coverage
Good people to work with.
Good promotion potential for servicemen
Fun work environment and people to work with.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Flexibility
USAF is the greatest military service in the United States of america
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMarch 26, 2017
Leadership, development, and professionalism are strong foundations they teach that have helped my growth and experience for the civilian sector. With their training I know I will succeed as I pursue new opportunities.
Great opportunity to learn a trade or skill
Aircraft Production Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 25, 2017
The United States Air Force is a great opportunity to learn a trade or skill while earning money for college. While serving, they also offer money for certifications related to your job in the military. Job security is a big incentive as well as job satisfaction.
Pros
Free healthcare; housing allowance; food allowance; 30 days vacation a year
Cons
Work/Life balance; deployments
Challenging and Exciting!
HVAC Craftsman/Staff Sergeant (E-5) (Former Employee) –  Moody Air Force Base, GAMarch 25, 2017
Great environment to learn how to perfect your craft, interact with others and see the world in the process. Joining the Air Force definitely changed my life for the better!
Amazing Experience
Nondestructive Inspections Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 25, 2017
The Air Force is a great experience. I think everyone should at least serve the minimum commitment in any military branch because you will learn and experience things you'll never get to experience in the civilian side.
Hard work
Staff Sergeant E-5 (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTMarch 25, 2017
It's the military and its demanding so you need to work and hard and pay attention. Some of the best people I have met I met in the military. It's a good place to grow up real quick.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6