U.S. Air Force
7,445 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Proud to serve in the US Air Force Reserve
First Sergeant (Current Employee), Patrick Afb, FLMay 31, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, long-term friendships, opportunities to travel
Cons: Must be willing to put service before self.
It is difficult to describe the work we do, it is something that has to be experienced. I have learned to manage people and projects, and provide effective leadership. The best part of my job is knowing I helped my people complete a successful mission.
Outpatient Clinic - Fun Workplace to be creative and innovative with each patient according to their needs
Physcal Therapy Technician (Former Employee), Sheppard AFB, TXMay 31, 2015
Pros: Broad variety of patients, amazing stories from veterans, free gym
Cons: short breaks, low pay, short staff at times
A typical day I would see anywhere from 7-14 patients which included active duty, guard, reserve, veterans <65 yr/old, and dependents >13 yr/old from any military branch of service. In our outpatient clinic we administered Plan of Cares which included therex (therapeutic exercise), Phonophoresis, Ultrasound, Heat/Cold packs, GameReady, Ice Massage, Suture Removal, Scar Adhesion Breakage, Joint Mobs, Manual Stretching, Paraffin Baths, Therapeutic Massage, and tools so that our patients would be successful in-clinic to the point where they were able to continue an independent POC at home on their own time. Each patient established their own goals from their baseline measurements during their interview with the Physical or Occupational Therapists. My job as a Physical Medicine was to carry out the Plan of Care for the patient as prescribed by the Therapists. My supervisor and flight commander had open door policies and were readily available for any questions I had concerning a patient or the treatment plans. My co-workers were also very helpful since they had all had years more experience than me. The hardest part of the job was seeing a patient who needed to be referred to a pain specialist or who needed surgery due to other health factors that we were not able to help with in our medical field. The most rewarding part of the job was being there from start to finish with my patients and seeing them tackle their goals and accomplish feats they weren't able to do since before they arrived at our clinic. In Physical Therapy, I get to spend time with the patient and build the type of rapport normal health care providers aren't able to do.
Quality-focused organization that provides the strategic vision and leadership that drives operational process, productivity and efficiency
Senior Master Sergeant (E-8) (Former Employee), Langley Air Force Base Hampton VirginaMay 31, 2015
Review of my credentials will provide you with an overview of my relevant experience and training. I have over 25 years’ experience leading men and women in leadership driven operational process, productivity, efficiency and bottom-line improvements across various operational locations. My most recent position has given me three years supervisory experience as superintendent of an Aircraft Maintenance Unit with 290 personnel under my direct supervision and leadership.
Aviation Management
Non-Commissioned Officer (Current Employee), NAS PensacolaMay 31, 2015
Specialty Summary.

Performs and manages aviation and parachutist Host Aviation Resource Management (HARM) and Squadron Aviation Resource Management (SARM) functions related to scheduling, standardization and evaluation, flying and ground training, aviation flight records, parachutist jump records and squadron operations. Operates and maintains the Aviation Resource Management System (ARMS). Related DoD Occupational Subgroup: 556.
Duties and Responsibilities:

Interprets public law, plans, organizes, and directs aircrew and parachutist resource activities. Reviews aviation mission accomplishment reports for accuracy. Initiates actions to support aviation management policies and procedures, and conducts aircrew and parachutist interviews. Prepares and processes aeronautical and military pay orders and flight authorizations.

Performs aviation and parachutist resource management functions. Monitors flight physicals, physiological training, aircrew qualifications, and other aircrew and parachutist-related programs. Schedules aircrew training and aircraft sorties, and maintains mission information. Monitors individual flight requirements, unit flying hours, and aviation requirement changes.

Maintains control and accountability for ARMS data. Controls security access to ARMS data interfaces, and advises on matters pertaining to ARMS requirements and modifications.

Inspects and evaluates production and maintenance of aviation flight and parachutist jump records, files, and reports.
Management hit or miss
Supervisor, Non-Commissioned Officer (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 31, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Tyrannical leaders
Not enough checks and balance. If you get a bad commander there is almost nothing to check their power. They have the power to ruin peoples lives with very little recourse to fight back. This leads to many tyrannical leaders within the Air Force. The company culture has degenerated into a zero defect, no mistake Air Force. Don't join unless you are a perfect person.
The decision to serve in the armed forces is a decision to change your lifestyle.
Master Sergeant (E-7) (Current Employee), Whiteman AFBMay 30, 2015
The Air Force has been a fantastic experience and has given me the opportunity to learn a lot of skills I might not have received in a typical work setting. The mission can be fast paced but also a very rewarding experience.
A day as a mechanic
Special Tactics Vehicle Non-Commissioned Officer (Current Employee), Clovis, NMMay 30, 2015
Pros: Guaranteed pay check
Cons: Deployments
A typical day of work consists of coming into the shop and doing a once over check of all the vehicles in the fleet. I am making sure that all of the vehicles in my fleet are in top running order and if there are any problems that they are addressed quickly and efficiently.
Family oriented group that works hard.
Aircrew Flight Equipment Craftsman (Current Employee), Robins AFB, GAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Living the dream
Cons: None
We know what we have to do, so we come in and do it. We get along pretty well but there are always the little instances that come up, but we deal with them and move on. We have awesome leadership that guides us in an uncanny way and get us the proper things or equipment we need to accomplish our task in an easy and effective, time saving manner. The most difficult part of the job is deploying for prolonged periods of time but it's not that bad, the best part is knowing you're apart of the best Air-Force in the world.
Life changing character and leadership building
Staff Sergeant (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 29, 2015
Pros: Integrity, Service, Excellence
Cons: Time away from family
The United States Military is the most efficient peace keeping entity to ever inhabit the world. It is structured with well disciplined men and women ready to pay the ultimate sacrifice so those at home can live with the freedoms never seen in history.
Nice Organization
Staff Sergeant, Force Support Squadron (Former Employee), WorldwideMay 29, 2015
Pros: travel, people, experience
Cons: some people, too much travel, pay
You get what you put in. too much travel is good at first but it gets old really quick. Advancement is controlled and so is pay. Not good for me or my professional goals.
An extremely motivating, challenging and fulfilling career
Project Manager (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, people and work place
Cons: N/A
A typical day would include logistics for all Regional Events, inventory and purchasing of all supplies. Shipping and logistical support for a team of 48 Headquarter and Air Force Base Representatives across the United States. Director of all youth programs for the Yellow Ribbon Program. Coordinate all youth activities and functions for all Regional Events. Market and advertise for all Air Force Reserve Youth Programs to include Teen Summit Camps, Project Youth Extension Services, Teen Leadership Council members and more. Daily support for our Program Director and Operations Manager.
The Air Force
Medical Technician E-6 (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 28, 2015
The Air Force allowed me the opportunity to grow in the field of medicine. I learned alot about the human body and the clinical settings of palliative care. The hardest part of the job was learning the medical terminology and the most enjoyable part of the job was helping others to get better and get back into society. I am an individual that likes to help others.
Productive and passionate about patient care and work morale
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Hampton, VaMay 28, 2015
-Patient care
-Intakes
-Psych Testing
-briefings
-great, energetic, passionate co workers
- Most enjoyable part is seeing patients get better and feel confident and more capable.
- Hardest part of my job is working with patients who are going through tough times and seeing their pain.
Loved loved loved working with my fellow servicemembers
Dental Assistant/Prophylaxis Technician (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXMay 28, 2015
I loved being part of a team that could teach me a lot. I learned a lot being part of the military. I could honestly say there was no hard part of the job. Everything I did I loved.
Challenging and fulfilling mission
Space and Missile Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Peterson AFB, COMay 28, 2015
The Air Force provides you with great opportunities, as well as the tools you need, to challenge yourself and become a productive, successful member of a team.
Responsibilities or Real Property Inspector
Real Property Inspector / Engineer Tech II (Former Employee), JBERMay 27, 2015
Pros: Straightforward, no overtime. Work limited to weekdays.
Cons: Contract position was first to be eliminated during the fiscal reductions and sequestration.
My task was to support the military directive that requires all facilities on base to have an inspection every 5 years. The information was recorded in files maintained by the Real Property office. My position supported facilities on both bases.
great time with great people
Fluid Technician (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKMay 27, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: none to speak of
Always worked together to accomplish whatever need to be done. Small crew but got done without question great team work with all involved.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN
sales executive (Current Employee), new york NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: bread
Cons: short break
I CAN WORK DURING LONG HOUR.and do many things.i accept all executions.i not complain if tthere give me one things to do many things if it necessity to do it
USAF gave me the discipline to be the man I am today
F-15 Avionics Repair Technician (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Pride and commitment to job was unmatched
Cons: Foreign war, Served in Operation Desert Storm
I repaired electronic systems for the F-15 aircraft.
We worked on every in cockpit control, to radar and guidance systems as well as black boxes.
Air Force
Avionic Technician (Former Employee), Tinker AFB, OkMay 27, 2015
Pros: gained alot of electrical/mechanical experiance
Show up to work, get turn over, proceed to aircraft for troubleshooting of electrical/mechanical malfunctions, fix problem, test systems integrity, sign off forms for that job. proceed to next job site.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries