U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,536 reviews matching the search
Meaningful job
Non-destructive Testing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 3, 2016
- Provides key leadership/mentorship of 15 prsnl performing NDI operations on 70 assigned C-130H/J acft and AGE
- Leads lab in eddy current, magnetic particle, optical, fluorescent dye penetrant, ultrasonic & radiographic techniques
- ID's metallurgical information of components according to alloy, temper, conductivity, density and varied properties
- Supervises process control & operator mx on NDI's hazardous materials & specialized portable/stationary test eqpmt
Workplace overview
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2016
I have worked for the Air Force for 26 years and has been enjoyable.It can be challenging at times because of Government red tape if you are patient and follow through it can be a rewarding experience.
RP
Benefits
Cons
Not as stable as it used to be.
Trained me to what I am today
Acquisition Program Manager (GS-1101-12) (Current Employee) –  Robins AFB, GAMay 3, 2016
SRA International took a leap of faith hiring me on as a Program Manager. With no knowledge of program management, but experience in the AF weapon system they were managing, they trained me to the program manager I am today. Without SRA, I would not have had the opportunities that I did to excel as a professional.
Good work environment with exceptional co-workers.
Undergraduate Flight Training Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 2, 2016
12-14 hour days depending on events for the day's schedule. I learned stronger strategies in working with and aiding in the success of struggling students learning a technical skill. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the students and getting them to excel in their training.
Pros
Student interaction
Cons
Long work hours.
Rewarding and impactful career with World's premier Air Force
Manager, Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 2, 2016
Typical day at work involves extensive scheduling, service, flexibility, dedication and use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe PDF documents, Internet Explorer.
I have learned to be humble, giving, and serving to fellow members of the military;
Management of budgets, schedules, training events, and tasks to allow co-workers the ability to rely upon me for excellent task completion and accomplishment on time.
Hardest part of the job was to learn to be a selfless, dedicated professional which allowed training events to be enjoyable and successful.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge of learning new methods of instruction and performing the instruction at a high level to keep all involved and interested in the course of instruction.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Extensive time away from family
I will not discuss any particulars of military duty
2T231 (Current Employee) –  Robins AFB, GAMay 2, 2016
I am not authorized to discuss any aspects of military duty. What we do is critical to national security and must remain private.
Varied
Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDMay 2, 2016
A typical day at work varied, depending on the mission, I learned to be flexible, to multitask and to become adaptable to different situations.
Great Job
Military (Current Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHMay 2, 2016
The USAF is a great place to work. The training is world class and the organization is always growing and developing leaders.
Process Improvement
Medical Scheduler Technician (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEMay 1, 2016
Leading by example is one of the most important things that could be worked on and the ability to help build up new airman is what can help a squadron grow into a stronger community.
Great Company to start your career
District Recruiting Director (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 1, 2016
I loved serving my Country in the United States Air Force. Gave me a great foundation, with education and experience. Great chance to travel and see the world
Pros
Professional Development
Cons
A lot of Travel
Great benefits, Horrible leadership
Military (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CAMay 1, 2016
Leadership wasn't all that great! I looked forward to my off time where I get to spend it with my peers. IF you enjoy sacrificing your time away from loved ones then this is the job for you!
Benefits
Cons
Time Consuming
great workplace
Information Management Apprentice (Former Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJApril 30, 2016
Information manager, provide personnel support to over 260 military and civilian members. Update and maintain personnel records. Monitor squadron leave program
Pros
Free food and free room and board
Cons
no cons
Great experience
Intelligence (Former Employee) –  EverywhereApril 30, 2016
Served multiple assignments. Had interesting work and a variety of experiences throughout my career. Would not recommend if you don't like moving around.
Best Experience to Develop a Variety of Skills
Asset Management / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mafb Gun Annx, ALApril 29, 2016
In a typical work day I manage five personal and we process IT assets for the base. (recover, replace, dispose) I have learned mainly that there is always multiple ways to solve a issue and a lot of people have great ideas. I have also learned how to manage my personnel and still stay proficient on the job even though I am in a senior level position. I would say that the hardest part of my job is knowing that it is always tomorrow to finish up your work if you were not able too. The most enjoyable part of my job is customer satisfaction and knowing that I have done my job right as well as train my personnel to know their job like the back of their hand.
Pros
Wide Variety of Skill Sets Developed as well as world wide traveler
Cons
Nothing Really
The United States Air Force is a great way of life
Master Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Various; last duty location Shaw AFB, Sumter SCApril 28, 2016
I retired from a colorful and unique career in the USAF after 24 years. I worked hard to serve my country and I enjoyed the technically satisfying job of maintaining classified and unclassified mission critical secure communications circuits. I have also enjoyed the opportunity to do a wide breadth of opportunities most people will never have. I have traveled THE WORLD (Europe and Asia). The experience I have is more than anyone can have in any particular field in the civilian sector; as the diversity of environments and tasks I have had to perform can only be rivaled by another, who was also in the military.

"...we live in fame, or go down in flame, hey! Nothing will stop the U.S. Air Force!"
Pros
You are taken care of; steady work and pay
Cons
The steady work can be 12hrs per day and 6 days a week (if deployed), it can also be in challenging environments
Challenging and very rewarding
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAApril 28, 2016
typical day...everyday something new
great coworkers
hardest part of job is being away from family for long periods
best part of jog...seeing the world
Pros
travel, equal promotion ops
Cons
combat, family separation
An amazing work place
Inspections / Quality Control Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2016
Best place to establish a career. The Air Force provides you ample opportunities to learn and different experiences no other organization can offer.
Pros
Outstanding benefits and opportunities
Nice secure job
Squadron Aviation Resource Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 28, 2016
Expanding culture and great benefits. They have a great people first mentality, and focused on being able to do more with less.
Great Opportunity to Serve and Develop Leadership Skills
Officer (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXApril 28, 2016
Great organization with opportunity to grow and lead. Super leaderhip, great co-workers, great mission-impact the security of the nation. 1% of the nation serves and airman are given the opportunity to lead and have a great impact on success.
Great place
Staff Sargent (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAApril 28, 2016
Great food and Great housing. I loved servicing in the Air Force. I wish every kid had a chance to serve in the military. It is a great place to grow up.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Little freedom to free think

4.6