U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 14,323 reviews matching the search
Job Security
Senior Manager, IT Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAAugust 18, 2017
Life in the AF is not just a job, it is your family and your life. Your job to to make sure that we can FLY - FIGHT -WIN. Everyone in the AF contributes to this mission, whether they are supporting the people on the flight line or are actually working on the flight line.
Pros
camaraderie, sense of belonging, purpose
Cons
quick-paced, people forget to train the Amn expecting them to know everything from technical school
Fun and educational work experience
Law Enforcement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 18, 2017
Very family like environment in which you are counted on and depended upon to be a part of a team and something special. To count on someone else is as important as them counting on you. However to be away from home over time can add up in the stress column.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lack of family time
Prooductive place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCAugust 18, 2017
I would tell anyone that I knew to give the air force a try. I learned a lot from it and met some of the best people I have had the chance to meet. Great place to make a living. Because it's not a job, it's a way of life!!!
good pay and benefits
Flight Operation Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Beale AFB, CAAugust 18, 2017
Great place to experience new things. Good training and advancement opportunities. They often pay for your education and if you serve long enough you even get paid to go to school. Wonderful way to contribute to society an serve your country.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
pay could be better
great
Lead Engine Technician (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMAugust 18, 2017
would do it all over again. i was just ready to change my life and be more stable. my family is more important than my desire to progress in the military.
benefits
Cons
long hours, days, weeks, years.
great job!
Excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Bethany, OKAugust 18, 2017
I liked this job ALOT
GREAT pay for the type of work I did.
Didn't like the 2nd shift hours but it did pay more than morning shift.
would love to go back but the temp agency won't send me back.
Driver in transportation and Field Maintenance
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2017
Very good job...wish I would have stayed in. But, I was young, and the outside world seemed better to me then. At that time, I was experienced with not only passenger vehicles, but buses, forklifts, semi-trucks, and many other types of transport. In Field Maintenance, I took needed equipment to the planes, mainly B-52's, and the fuel tankers for them...the KC-135's. I had Top Secret clearance at that time, being in SAC...also had access to our Alert Site there...
Pros
Saw and did things that most people don't have the opportunity to see...
Cons
Always on call...Air Force got really picky about uniforms, haircuts, etc....
Military leaders are not concerned about civilians or lower ranks
Equal Employment Manager (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCAugust 18, 2017
Military leaders do not understant true diversity and how to prevent perceptions of discrimination. Instead of listening to the subject matter experts they try to hide their mistakes after the fact.
Upscale work place
Project/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Patrick Afb, FLAugust 18, 2017
Very fast paced, great for teaching and learning new things. Opportunity to better yourself, and others through education, leadership development and resiliency training.
Active duty air force
C-130 SUPPORT NON COMMISSIONED OFFICER IN CHARGE (Former Employee) –  Moody AFB, GAAugust 18, 2017
It was tough but it was fun. I got to see the world and travel frequently. Not everyone has your best interest at hand. Some people your just a number to.
Pros
Travel, Benefits, Time off
Cons
Management, Pay, Slow advancement
Superior environment, People oriented.
Aircraft Welder/Mach (Former Employee) –  Edwards, CAAugust 17, 2017
Alway motivated, readiness, challenging, committed and focused.
I learned to be a complete all around person and that their is noI in TEAM.
Management was people oriented, safety, health, proper reporting and fairness.
The most part was coming to work and leaving knowing that things were done.
Leaving was the hardest part.
Pros
Recreation, health care, overall equalty was great
Cons
Leaving
Great
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 17, 2017
Great Management, I really enjoyed my time in the air force. I had good expierences, pay was good. Deployments are one con. the training is great for future careers
Pros
pay
Cons
deployments
Military service
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2017
The Air Force has very good amenities, especially for junior service members when compared to other services (such as nice dormitories, decent dining facilities, etc). Strong educational benefits through the GI Bill, and 30 days of leave per year. Pay starts low, just like all military branches, but improves quickly once you move up the ranks.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAAugust 17, 2017
I was a crew chief so I didn't get a lot of down time but when I did hey had ping pong and pool tables. Especially on deployments, there not that bad for the money.
Preservation packaging,hard work,
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 17, 2017
Working on base was a hassle with the security and safety issues that are in place. Other than that it was great ,wonderful people,clean and uncluttered
Great opportunity to travel the world
Armory Custodian (Current Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAAugust 17, 2017
The Air Force has given me the opportunity to get out on my own at a young age and travel the world, but It isn't for everybody. Overall it's a good stepping stone to becoming someone better, but not worth doing 20 years of service.
Pros
Job Security, Travel
Cons
Not guaranteed a specific job
Service before self
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyndall AFB, FLAugust 17, 2017
I really enjoyed interacting with all types of people and mentoring the younger personnel on standards and what it took to advance your personal and professional goals.
Pros
Everything-protecting the rights and freedoms of all in America.
Cons
Job security and great benefits
Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  WorldwideAugust 17, 2017
Great for somebody straight out of high school, as long as you can follow a lot of regulations and restrictions. They will teach you how to do the job, and you'll have a lot of time to learn it since you enter into a contract. There are also a lot of great people at all levels.

On the other hand, you have very little control over where you'll actually be living and the hours are horrendous as often as not. As a mechanic, I was working 12 hour shifts from 6pm to 6am through the weekends.

As long as you can do the job how the Air Force wants it done and are willing to deal with the sacrifices you have to make, it's worth it to stick around.

Final note, don't enlist under an "open" contract unless you absolutely have to. You won't know what your actual job is until the end of basic training.
Pros
Free healthcare, good retirement(even with the new plan), lots of experience
Cons
Long hours, deployments and a ton of repetitive training
Proud military branch very hard working
Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 17, 2017
The US Air Force is very proud branch and I'm proud to serve in it , we strive to be the best in our positions as professional airman and to follow our core values, service before self , integrity first and excellence in all we do .
Pros
Guaranteed pay
Cons
Making it into your lifestyle
The Air Force is a great place to work with great benefits duing and after retirement.
Human Resources Generalist (Military) (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 17, 2017
Working for the Air Force has been very rewarding. I've gained training in the HR field that can be used in the Civilian sector. The benefits includes store discounts and affordable health insurance coverage.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5