U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 11,393 reviews matching the search
Usaf
Heavy Equipment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Altus AFB, OKSeptember 28, 2016
The Air Force is a decent place to work. A lot of that depends on what exactly your job is. I learned a lot about leadership and adapting to changes.
Great Benefits, hard on family life
Electrical and Environmental Systems Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVSeptember 28, 2016
The Air force is a great place to be if you want to serve your country. As for a career, it is not for everyone. I would highly recommend a four or six year term of service as the benefits are fantastic and the skills you learn can help you succeed in the civilian world.

However some jobs in the military really put a hurt on having a family, extremely long hours, deployments, and harsh working conditions.

Its not for everyone, but for those who enjoy it, an have the right career field, joining can be the best thing you can do
Pros
Benefits: medical, school, etc
Cons
Longs hours, deployments, random schedules
I spent 26 years in the Air Force, it was an enjoyable career.
Chief Armament Systems Flight (Former Employee) –  Retired out of Edwards AFB, CASeptember 28, 2016
I enlisted in the Air Force right out of high school. I never planned on making it a career, but now that I've been retired for 20 years, it was the best choice I could have made in my life.
Pros
Got to travel extensively
Cons
Exercises and 12-14 hour shifts
Life broadening experience these last 20 years
Chief Cyber Intelligence Analysis Cell (Former Employee) –  Various Global LocationsSeptember 28, 2016
I am humbled and honored by having the opportunity to serve with some of the most dedicated men and woman theses past 20 years. I would jump at the opportunity to get to do this all over again.
Military
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 28, 2016
Helping to ensure all military enlisted were satisfied with all aspects of my job at hand.
Learned how to work as a team and a cohesive unit.
Co workers were like family.
Deployments would be the hardest part of any military job
Pros
Protecting our country
Cons
management
United States Air force
Patrolman (Former Employee) –  United States Air Force Acad, COSeptember 28, 2016
Providing security for over 9200 individuals daily, by patrolling the base and investigated suspicious activity and people. I received extensive training in weapon knowledge, active shooter situations, proper everyday policing.
Pros
Training and Top Secret Clearance
Cons
The Cadets
An amazing, culture based organization
Senior Manager, Air Force Public Affairs (Former Employee) –  GloballySeptember 28, 2016
The Air Force is where it is at if you plan on joining the military. It encourages it's employees to be innovative and amazing.
Pros
Unmatched benefits
Cons
Possible travel to locations not on your top 10
Greatest Life Experience
Alaska Air National Guard (Current Employee) –  Eielson AFB, AKSeptember 27, 2016
Serving in the United States Air Force I have learned more than I could possibly put here. Everything from respect, how to shoot a gun, patch someone up if they get hurt, typing skills, communication skills, team work. I have learned how to deal with difficult management, and how to get along and work with co-workers that I might normally not get along with. The hardest part of the job is when I'm deployed, it can be lonely at times but it's always worth it in the end. The most enjoyable was the travel. I have seen so many parts of the world I never would have if it wasn't for the military. A typical work day could be anything from Working on planes for 16 hours, to helping subordinates build resumes and other paper work.
Great Experience
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMSeptember 27, 2016
Proudly served my country as an aircraft mechanic in the United States Air Force. Stationed at Clovis NM. working the flight line was an experience I will never forget.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
N/A
challenging lifestyle but fufilling job
Crew Chief/Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2016
this is a job that is not for everyone a typical day at work starts very early in the morning way before the sun comes up. it starts with the morning briefings and task assignments for the day. then we would walk the flight line to ensure that there was no foreign debris. then you would do your aircraft inspections and launch out the aircraft and basically repeat multiple times throughout the day. i learned multiple leadership skills that i continue to implement today the military made me who i am and i like it. the hardest part of my job honestly was dealing with the stress. i shook 8 pilots hands a day and basically told them that they were going to come home fine because the work i have done is solid with no flaws and their aircraft was good to fly. the most enjoyable part of my job was watching the jets take off and seeing them come home later in the day. knowing that i was part of the reason that the flight took place
Pros
fufilling challenging job. that teaches you alot
Cons
very long work hours . streessful
Job Security
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 27, 2016
In the Air Fore you're not just a number you are a person. They care for you and your families needs with a steady income free medical care and BAH and BAS What else could you ask for?
Pros
Health care, Steady income, BAS, BAH
Cons
Deployments Long hours
Strong leadership and guidance, enjoyable work
Aircraft Loadmaster (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 27, 2016
The Air Force gave everyone equal opportunity encouraged the best from its employees with strong leaders and great direction. Overall for me it was a great experience that I greatly enjoyed.
Usaf
C-130 Instructor Load Master (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 27, 2016
What can I say about the military, its hard work but you get out of it what you put in. The military just goes through surges and downsizing. It cant seem to find a nice balance.
Loved my job but supervisors mostly have hidden agendas.
E-5 SSGT (Former Employee) –  LrAFB, ARSeptember 27, 2016
Great culture and decent pay along with the military culture and feeling of being part of something bigger than yourself. Although you find a lot of the supervisors have ulterior motives for helping their troops. They mostly want to further their own career at the expense of new airman. But there are always some supervisors who are there for you and go way out of there way to help and build your career along with their own. Its a lot of politics and you have to be careful who you let in and be prepared live above the standards!
Pros
Great pay and Great culture
Cons
Watch out for shifty supervision
Great camaraderie as well maintains a high work tempo.
Flight Security Controller/Response Force Leader (Former Employee) –  F E Warren AFB, WYSeptember 27, 2016
The Air Force can be challenging but will provide you will all tools able to complete the job as well helps you excel within your career field. Great medical as well as education benefits are provided.
Loved serving our country
Medical Logistics Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Robins AFB, GASeptember 26, 2016
Being able to supply hospitals with every daily need from paper to surgery, is one of the most rewarding daily task ever experienced. Supplying the deploying soldier with medications and servicing them in the deployed location is something TV can show you, but can't compare.
Consistent drive to do better
ARCNet Administrator for the Wing (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 26, 2016
The Air Force has taught me a great deal. It has mentally and physically pushed me to be the best version of myself. There are no excuses on why something cannot get done. This way of thinking has not only set me up for success in the Air Force, but also in my everyday life. I have a great team who go above and beyond to make sure the mission is accomplished. Going into work is not hard when you love what you do and who you work with. Nothing less than professionalism and dedication is displayed at the workstation.
Pros
Experience, work team, great boss, friday mexican breakfast tacos!
Cons
Working far away from friends and family, 12-14 hour shifts with no overtime
Good and bad.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Luke AFB, AZSeptember 26, 2016
The Air Force is an amazing way to serve the country and I was always happy to do that. Unfortunately politics, both internal and national, tend to play a downer on serving.
Great opportunity for career advancement
Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge (NCOIC) (Current Employee) –  Langley AFB, VASeptember 26, 2016
The Air Force is great at providing Airmen the opportunity to advance their technical skills to an expert level by constantly demanding more. They provide training at no cost to give Airmen commercial certifications.
Pros
Travel, Education, Healthcare
Cons
Very demanding
Uptight workplace
Personnel (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GASeptember 26, 2016
A typical day at work at Robins AFB was helping customers in process to the base, update their insurance, or giving Airman and their dependents ID Cards, so that they could be allowed access onto the base. I learned how to be patient and extra helpful. I also learned how to multi task. My supervisors were not all that. I had 6 different supervisors throughout the span of one year. My coworkers for the most part were easy to get along with, but even when we had our differences we kept things professional at all times. The hardest part about the job was not having good supervision and having to figure out and learn job skills on my own. The most enjoyable part about work was that I got to talk with over 30 different people each day and hear about their time in the military.
Pros
healthcare, schooling
Cons
bad supervision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6