U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 13,995 reviews matching the search
Recommend
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 25, 2017
Great group of people from all walks of life to be part of something bigger then yourself. I recommend to anyone who is looking for a calling not just a job.
great job
Entry Controller/Force Protector (Former Employee) –  Seymour-Johnson AFB, NCJuly 25, 2017
Great place to start your career at. I served 4 years into the military, met some of the best people ever in my life. Security forces was my job, worked a lot. Did law enforcement and security.
amazing experience
Sensor Operator (Former Employee) –  Indian Springs, NVJuly 25, 2017
I am so happy I went to the air force. I do not know how much I would have enjoyed another branch or even another job. But my situation was perfect for me.
Pros
great experience
daily routine
Security Forces Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2017
I was a security forces instructor that means that I was in charge of students from the time that they woke up until they completed their daily learning tasks.
Great locations to work.
Quality Assurance Evaluator / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAJuly 25, 2017
Being an Airman means upholding our mission, but it also means getting a one-of-a-kind experience and finding an excellent work-life balance. You’ll find that being in the Air Force provides you with the camaraderie, comforts and facilities you need to raise your family and enjoy life out of uniform.
Pros
Family friendly environment.
Cons
Long days.
An adaptalbe grind.
ENLISTED ACCESSIONS RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 25, 2017
Great place to work. Amazing benefits, great people. As with any military branch, you may have to deploy. I personally deployed 4 times in my ten year career.
Pros
benefits, promotions, allowances.
Cons
Deployements, being away from family
Discipline and respect
Aero-Space Medic (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 25, 2017
Life is a series of events. The military prepares you for those life series. My time with the force has been great for me as a young man. I left equipped to handle any situation.
Poor Leadership
Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMJuly 25, 2017
The hardest part of the job is dealing with very poor leadership/ management skills.
Upcoming intelligence is extremely lacking in decisiveness and common sense.
Pros
Steady Pay
Cons
Poor Leadership
An Adventure
Material Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 25, 2017
I enjoy the military. High Standards. Strong character.
A total adventure and total independence. They were interested in building and promoting the airmen. I did not retire but looking back, i should have.
Service before Self
Air Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elmendorf Air Force Base, AKJuly 24, 2017
While in the military I have visited several countries, meet people who I would never have interacted with in my normal life, and felt fulfilled in my service to my country. I learned more about life and living then at any other time in my life.
Pros
An unforgetalbe experiance
It's not for everyone
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Robins AFB, GAJuly 24, 2017
Would I do it again? Sometimes I think not, but most of the time I would. I will say that it is most definitely NOT for everyone. If you cannot handle being told what to do, how to do it, when to do it, and how often- then look elsewhere. Advancement is self paced for the most part so how far you make it up the ranks is all up to you, but it can be difficult depending on your career field, One plus, I got to see A LOT of the world, some of it I could have done without, but all in all an experience I never would have had otherwise, You MUST have a desire to serve!
Pros
Travel, benefits
Cons
Deployments!
Team Work and a sense of Family
Aircraft Mechanic & Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ft Walton Bch, FLJuly 24, 2017
I loved everything about being in the military when it came to the job itself and my team. What was difficult for me was the idea of going to war and being expected to leave my child with someone other than me to be raised, legally having to turn over custody of my child.
not for everyone
Security Forces Member (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJuly 24, 2017
many job opportunities, excellent benefits, but for all the work you put in, I believe you should be paid more. constant performance reviews. difficult to balance work and life
A great start to a career
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2017
The time I have spent in the United States Air Force has helped build me as the upstanding individual that I am today. It has taught me many lessons in how a individual should act and as well how to coordinate myself in the work environment. The Air Force is surrounded only by workplace professionals and the leadership is outstanding.
Air Force
Weapons section Superintendant (Former Employee) –  Okaloosa County, FLJuly 24, 2017
Very long days mean you are away from family a lot.

Management can be tricky but you learn to deal with all kinds of people

If you make it through 20 years you have a great retirement and skills to find civilian employment over college grads.
Pros
Benefits, Friends
Cons
Long Hours
Amazing
Security Forces/Desk Sergeant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTJuly 24, 2017
The Air Force is a way for the individual to get a headstart in life if you are not going to college. The Air Force provided the training and skills to take into the workforce when my duty was finished. The benefits are great and the ability to attend college is there while enlisted and once separated.
Pros
travel, benefits, skill knowledge
Cons
work schedule, location
Good
Contract Specialist, GS (Current Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FL 32542July 24, 2017
It's not a bad place to work. It has its ups and downs just like every other place. The benefits and salary is good, I'm just looking to move on to something new and exciting.
United States Air Force
Metals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 24, 2017
After Tech School, I was assigned as Metals Specialist in support of the 22 nd Bomb Wing and March Air Force Base. B52, C130, T38 aircraft were maintained as well as the Strategic Air Command which
sponsored the B52 squadron. Work was fast passed and challenging.
Pros
Very good training, housing, food, medical, personel
Cons
Long work weeks and predictable advancements
Has taken me all over the world
Biomedical Equipment Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXJuly 24, 2017
It has been a wonderful time, you meet a lot of great people. Constantly moving, they take care of your family. I have gained a lot of experience in a short amount of time with the high pace lifestyle of the USAF
Great pay and great people
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 24, 2017
U.S. Air Force is an amazing place to work. The entitlements are amazing and the leave program is great. My supervisor was fair and balanced as well as the rest of my chain of command.
Pros
6 hrs leave per pay period
Cons
Can be stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5