U.S. Air Force
7,176 reviews

U.S. Air Force United States Employee Reviews

Excellent Work Culture and Ethics
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Edwards AFB, CAApril 18, 2015
Security Forces was a great opportunity and experience as I first entered the workplace in general; taught much about followship, leadership, and attention to detail.
Very rewarding
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIApril 17, 2015
I loved working for military but after 26 years in and out active and reserves it is time to move into a civilian mode to give my family more attention
Amazing Jobs and Missions
NCOIC Wing RPA Requirements/ RPA Sensor Operator (Current Employee), Cannon AFB, NMApril 17, 2015
Pros: locations, job satisfaction, personnel/co-workers
Cons: leadership, locations
the USAF AFSOC mission is one of the most amazing jobs I've had in my life. Protecting and saving lives all around the world, is a wonderful feeling!
Running the newest Operation Centers in the Air Force and getting it to where it will be fully in-commission, is a career achievement.
USAF
Public Health Technician (Former Employee), various locationsApril 17, 2015
Pros: BENEFITS
Cons: Deployment
I liked working for this organization. You meet a lot of people around the world but working with different personality types can be challenging and you must remain professional at ALL TIMES!!!
The benefits are GREAT!!! I learned a lot about how to be professional and work well with a team. I gained management skills and loads of knowledge and certifications that no one can take away.
Love working for the Air Force
Wing Staff Group Superintendent (Current Employee), Abilene TexasApril 17, 2015
I work with great leadership and Airmen in my organization. On a daily basis I guide, lead and mentor enlisted and officers assigned to my unit. I am in leadership positions across the installation and give advice daily to senior leadership. I love what I do!
This is a great place to work! Great management team and friendly atmosphere.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDApril 17, 2015
This is a great place to work! Great management team and friendly atmosphere.This is a great place to work! Great management team and friendly atmosphere.
Challenging and rewarding military branch to serve for
Chief of Public Affairs (Former Employee), Cannon AFB, NMApril 16, 2015
A typical day at work involves a lot of multi-tasking with a variety of assignments; there are always new challenges that present itself each day. I learned a lot about myself as a person and how to bring out the best in each person I was leading. A lot of travelling is required in this job for deployments to overseas locations. The hardest part of the job is expecting the unexpected and world/national events dictate a lot of where and what the U.S. Air Force does. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing and experiencing different parts of the U.S. and the world and being able to do things most people dream of doing in their lifetime.
productive and constructive environment
pararescue helper (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: free meals, guarantee pay, health benefits
Cons: can be called in any time, stressful jobs and hours, high pressure
i typical work day could change widely and dramatically. The hardest part of my job was to be on my tip toes every minutes of the day.
Great opportunites
Public Health Technician (Former Employee), Holloman AFB, NMApril 16, 2015
Pros: Meet great people along your career
Cons: Steep learning curve when starting
Great benefits to include: travel, medical, education, and access to military base facilities. During my career I met some awesome co-workers & friends.
Professional Place to Work
Security Forces Specialist (Current Employee), East Granby, CTApril 16, 2015
This is the most professional place to work. Training is top-notch, benefits are well above satisfactory, and work/life balance is just the right amount.
Awesome place to work for
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee), New Cumberland, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Unmatched education and health benefits
Cons: None, best 22 years of my life
The Air Force is a great place to develop leadership skills and be apart of a great team. Mentorship and unity are some of the biggest benefits of serving.
Air Force
Aircraft Hydraulic Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 16, 2015
Pros: Pay, People, Service to country
Cons: Heat, policies, reserve opportunities
I come in and start my process to identify the what needs to be done and go from their. I have learned so much in my time in the service about a completely foreign subject. Management is awesome and they really care about you and your overall well being. My coworkers are my wingman for life and I would give mine for any of them any day. The hardest part of the job is working in the heat, but their are AC for the planes. The most enjoyable part is the life long friendships you have with people.
I am hardworking and trustworthy
services (Current Employee), colorado springsApril 15, 2015
To bring my expertise to bear and help boost productivity in any organization. to meet set
objectives or targets and to avail myself to learn more quickly on the job and ultimately become a renowned IT Consultant in the near future.
Admirable work place
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Dover Airforce BaseApril 15, 2015
nice environment to work in just leadership wasn't fair and no support to the employee's
Our duties consist of replacing light fixtures, all plumbing repairs, electrical repair, HVAC maintenance(supervised) carpentry work and painting and caulking.
Aircraft Egress systems mechanic (Current Employee), Tyndall AFBApril 15, 2015
Pros: You get to travel the world on the goverments dime
Cons: Never knowing when you will have to leave to go some where else.
The most enjoyable part about being in the USAF in my opinion is being able to travel to different areas of the world and seeing different cultures and how other countries live on a normal day to day basis at the expense of the government. One of the hardest things about it would be the fact that you never know when you could be chosen to just pick up and leave at any given moment. Your co-workers all come from different backgrounds, some can be enjoyable to work with, while others, you just have to put differences aside and focus on the task at hand so that it may be accomplished, which in the end is what's most important. A typical day at work varies with what is forecasted in the work schedule. Some days you're going, going, going non-stop, while other days you just have to find whatever just to keep busy.
Great place to work with lots of opportunities to be had
MQ-1B Combat and Launch and Recovery Instructor (Former Employee), Creech AFBApril 15, 2015
Pros: Decent pay and benefits
Cons: Lot of long work hours with little to no recognition in some jobs
While overall the job was always changing and fun, it had its difficult moments. If you are looking to travel this can be a good way to do it with the job career field while at the same time you can find jobs that pretty much stay at home. I did learn a lot outside of my actual job to include management and supervision skills along with an assorted array of projects.
Excellent Foundation
Support & Supply Managing Director (Current Employee), Mountain Home AFB, IDApril 14, 2015
The Air Force provided me with the skills necessary to perform at a high level on a daily basis. I am proud to have been a part of such a great team.
Honered Veteran
Personnelist (Human Resource Management) (Former Employee), TexasApril 14, 2015
I enjoyed my time in the USAF. It taught me discipline, work ethic, stability, and how to work successfully as a team. Education, health, and dental benefits are great also. Received numerous travel opportunities and friends all over the world.
fufilling
Sheetmetal Technician V level (Former Employee), Raf mildenhall/dyess afbApril 14, 2015
Pros: benefits, training
Cons: lack of time spent with family
during my time with the USAF i had positive leadership and a good learning environment i was able to visit a multitude of locations and able to work on a vast array of air-frames and really learn the job.
Material Managment
Supply Chain Management
Warehousing

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries