U.S. Air Force
6,163 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Fun job if you're flying!
Loadmaster (Current Employee), March ARB, CANovember 26, 2014
A really good place for high school grads to gain experience and have experiences.
Adventure, Travel, Responsibility
Duty Manager/ Security (Former Employee), Sheppard AFB, TXNovember 26, 2014
A lot of fun looking out for new airmen. Kind of hard to please every officer on base though.
great lifestyle
Operations Scheduling Technician (Former Employee), Luke AFB, AZNovember 26, 2014
Pros: healthcare, 30 days paid vacation per year, very cheap life insurance
Cons: always have to be ready 24/7/365
The work life was relaxing and everyone was great. Even though the nature of the work being done is serious everyone is able to help each other keep from going crazy. Having great people around make the long days seem shorter. PT with the squadron 3 times per week and plenty of other time for exercise is great too.
fast paced
VOICE PROCESSING SPECIALIST (Former Employee), key west floridaNovember 25, 2014
Pros: military life
Cons: long hous
being a voice processing specialist was very fast paced and exciting
Productive and very organized working environment
Security Forces Journeyman (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 25, 2014
I believe I would be a good employee due to my military background and training. I'm responsible and always on time.
Active Duty United States Airforce
QUALITY ASSURANCE (QA) INSPECTOR (Former Employee), Joint Base Langley-Eusits, VANovember 25, 2014
Pros: the poeple
Cons: negative leadership
In the Air Force, one learns to be responsible not only for themselves but for critical national security assets and most importantly other Airmen. I learned ho to manage multi-million dollar stockpile of explosives and learned how to hone my exceptional leadership skills. As a Non-Commissioned Officer, managing a munitions stockpile in-tales constant – more... vigilance on the assets, the people maintaining it and the overall large picture of global balance within the USAF munitions stockpile. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you build with the mass of Airmen you work with. The hardest part of the job is leaving something you've grown to love. – less
Great Branch of Service
Material Facilities Specialist (Former Employee), Eielson AFB, AKNovember 24, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: limited opportunities for promotions
The best beginning to any career, great people with solid work ethics. Long days and nights, but very rewarding to all of the people assigned and a great place to start and finish a career.
USAF review
Logistic/Distribution manager (Former Employee), Sumter, SCNovember 24, 2014
Pros: best organization to work in the world
Cons: locations are not the best
USAF is a good place to work to grab job knowledge and experience. I recommend anyone who loves to travel to work for the USAF.
Aircraft Structural Repair Specialist
Aircraft Structural Repair Specialist (Former Employee), U.S. Air ForceNovember 24, 2014
Responsible for structural repair and integrity of military aircraft. I dealt with flight line aircraft and all back shop activities. I have received a FAA Aircraft Mechanic Certificate 3657142.
Lots of work, but good supervisors
Assistant Professor of Physics (Former Employee), USAF Academy, CONovember 24, 2014
The job was heavily demanding. I found it hard to maintain a good work/personal life balance. However, the supervisors were very good and professional and always seemed to try to make sure that proper recognition was given for accomplishments.
good experience
Aircraft Weapons / Radar Technical Specialist (Former Employee), USANovember 24, 2014
good experience.
great people.
too much with too little.
Terrible pay, average benefits.
Interesting but heavy politics
Data Analyst / Shift Leader (Former Employee), Patrick Afb, FLNovember 24, 2014
great experience, but your enjoyment of working for the United states air force is based upon how good your leadership is. If you do not have good leadership then you may not have a good experience.
Structured and stable work envirnometn
Law Enforcement/Nuclear Security/Administrative (Former Employee), Minot AFB, NDNovember 23, 2014
Pros: job security, leadership, enforcing the law to keep everyone safe
Cons: extremly long hours, physically and mentally demanding, pay was low
When I began a typical day started at 430 am. I would arm up and then we would began our security procedures of the day. We had to study non stop the our duties in order to keep our nuclear security as its best. We would be tested through out the day and do at least one exercise to keep us on our toes. The day would normally in around 6 pm but could – more... last until 7 or 8. When I received an office job my schedule become much more normal. I started the day at 730 and began any administrative duties such as back ground checks, filing, making copies and creating badges for individuals. The day would end at 430 pm. – less
Dynamic and Challenging but Extremely Rewarding Job
Aircraft Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Holloman AFB, NMNovember 23, 2014
This Job was extremely rewarding! It was challenging and it required numerous skills to excel at it. I learned lot of life lessons in this position.
Great Experience
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2014
Joining the Air Force was the best decision i made for my life. But I am ready to move on work hard for a great company.
Amazing place to work
Logistics Analyst Team Lead (Current Employee), Barksdale AFB, LANovember 23, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits
Cons: work schedules may fluctuate drastically from month to month
Inflated and unjustified rating system. A typical day may vary from job to job and at times there is a buddy system that doesn't promote the need for productivity in certain occupations. This can lead to inefficiencies in management and inadvertently costly decision making on projects. Overall it was a fulfilling experience and worth while.
Great Career opportunity
EMT Medic (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, WANovember 22, 2014
Pros: great education and benefits
Cons: being away from family
Great Experience and training. Love the diversity and real world experience.
Frequent fellowship within the organization
E-4 SENIOR AIRMAN (Former Employee), Ellsworth AFB, SDNovember 22, 2014
Great chance to serve the country and learn technical skills at the same time. Lots of social hours with co-workers. Requires flexible schedule due to deployment and occasional training. Great benefits including health insurance, life insurance, education costs, housing cost, etc.
this is the military
Journeyman Aircraft Hydraulic Technician/E-4 (Former Employee), Travis AFB, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: closest thing to a hero that you can be, travel to places people can only dream.
Cons: 16 hours shifts, 8 days a week.
You do as you are told, and you keep America safe. This is the most necessary evil, most demanding, most rewarding job in America.
An experience that propelled my growth.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Shreveport, LANovember 21, 2014
Pros: diversifying, developed communication skills
Cons: diversifying
My time served in the military was an experience. Throughout my time I became more proficient and learned how to skillfully multi task. As a dental assistant I scheduled dental appointments, assisted with filing/retrieving records, and verified patient's eligibility for dental care. I enforced OSHA guidelines for infection control all while counseling – more... patients on healthy oral hygiene. I prepared treatment rooms to assist dental providers with the execution of routine and complex dental heath care. Assisted with four-handed dentistry; seated, established rapport, dismissed patients, and obtained vital signs. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new patients and expressing the importance of overall health. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more