U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Ensuring the job gets done in a safe and timely manner
Fuels Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee), Eglin AFBAugust 28, 2015
Guide my troops in the right direction whether it's on or off duty and set them up for success. Work as a team to get the mission done as safe and swiftly as possible.
Everyday is a new challenge and adventure
Senior Emergency Action Controller (Current Employee), Moody AFB, GAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Lots of coordination with other agencies and new challenges everyday
Cons: Long hours, no holidays, no breaks for meals
A typical day consists of long hours with different obstacles everyday. From flight following and working with aircrew to directing first responders to accident scenes, search and rescue coordination to time critical real world emergency action messages, everyday presents their own challenges and lessons to learn. The best part of the job is when everything is going on at once and being able to prioritize and still accomplish multiple tasks. The most difficult part of the job is the realization that people's lives are at stake and sometimes that means that no matter how well the job is performed, there are still times when casualties are unavoidable. When such instances happen, you learn to brush it off and press on with the job.
so so place to work
Element Leader/ Deputy Flight Commander (Former Employee), Nellis AFBAugust 27, 2015
depends on what ype of leadership you end up with. There are bad leaders that make your life hard, and then there are some that are easy to work with
Good job with great travel benifits
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Charleston AFB, SCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: travel, structured inviroment.
Cons: sometimes you have nochoice in assignments.
They insure that all personnel are trained completely in their jobs. Safety is a number one priority and being military, advancement is slightly different but the system works. The travel available is a big plus, with opportunity for world wide travel.
It's like a second family
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Mountain Home AFB, IDAugust 27, 2015
Pros: healthcare, education, uniform
Cons: couldn't leave work when not feeling well without being sent to ER
The U.S. Air Force was like a family away from home, it made work more enjoyable. It didn't matter where you were from, they just accepted you as you were. Everyone wanted to help you if you were struggling and I knew that I had a strong support system no matter what was going on in my life. My fellow airmen (coworkers & friends), made work and life interesting as a whole.
My Review
Security Forces Response Force Leader (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDAugust 27, 2015
The U.S. Air Force is a unique branch of service that is very fluid and carries out many missions that go well beyond air support. I would recommend this branch over the others simply because it sets you up for success in the civilian world in ways that the other branches do not.
Tough but fulfilled on a daily basis. Loved work experience and the friends made along the way.
Fire Protection Assistant Chief of Operations (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Confidence, trust from management, friends, teaching the next generation
Cons: Deployment, time away from family
A typical day started will a morning meeting to discuss what tasks were needed to be done for that day. Also it was an open forum to discuss unrelated job issues.

What I learned during my military career was integrity and doing the right thing even when no one is looking.

Management was always tough but fair and they gave me the opportunity to learn from my mistakes without humiliating me in the process. It was always a teaching moment and they have taught me alot and I will always thank them for that knowledge.

My co-worker were the best group of people you could have by your side.

The hardest part of the job was leaving it, but sometimes change is a good thing.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having good people that worked with you, learning new things, traveling to other countries and driving really fast in a fire truck.
Great way of life
Aircraft Maintenance Section Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ARAugust 27, 2015
Good opportunity to see the world, get an education, and learn great values. It's a steady job that pays good and no matter what career field you're in, you learn a trade or skill you can lean on once you get out.
The United States Military has prepared me well to become a leader and high productive member of any organization.
Client Systems Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, MSAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Lack of pay
Communications and the flow of information is critical to all organizations. My focus and specialty is too manage mad make sure those areas continue and operate smoothly. Being innovative and developing new and better ways to make the flow of information occur is exciting for me.
A tough job but someone has to do it.
Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Sumter, SCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: serving my country
Cons: deployments
I learned a lot serving my country in the the USAF. My typical days could be anywhere from 9 to 15 hours long but it gave me a feeling a fulfillment that I was providing a service to my country that not all are privileged to do. There were good days and bad as with any job but the good always outweighed the bad. I worked with a great group of people at every station I was assigned during my ten year career. The hardest part of the job I would have to say would be learning that you cant do all you want to do when you want to do. The most enjoyable part was when my team and I accomplished a goal and did it with great proficiency and accuracy.
Productive and disciplined working enviroment with a strong sense of brotherhood
Basic Trainee (Former Employee), Joint Base San Antonio Lackland, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Brotherhood, fitness, free food, free housing, free clothing
Cons: No personal time, limited privacy
Fast-paced work place with strict rules and regulations. A good enviroment for people to realize their potential and rise to the challenge. The best part was the strong sense of brotherhood and friendship formed with your fellow Airmen. The hardest part of the job was the culture shock and lack of personal time. Most of the work dealt with monotonous tasks and drills to instill a good work ethic and muscle memory. The drill sergeants might seem rough and mean, but they genuinely care for those they are training.
Great life skills and good experience.
Sergeant, Communications and Electronics (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 26, 2015
Active duty military in the Air Force has been a great experience with huge amounts of opportunity to grow as a Airman and a leader. Educational benefits are priority with the Air Force and the medical package is second to none.

If you are willing to give 100%, you have the ability to grow and develop professionally and educationally. Opportunities abound and I recommend the military to everyone who can join.
Excellent experience in learning different aspects of the world.
Security Police (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2015
Great opportunity to serve my country and develop employment skills that would be beneficial in my professional career.
Worldwide opportuniities at every level.
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Germany, Kuwait, Azores, Midwest and United StatesAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, education and promotion opportunities
Cons: Deploying to not the greatest tourist spots in the world but its the mission!
The U.S. Air Force and fellow branches of the U.S. military offer outstanding opportunities for eligible adults. The education, experiences, supervising and management skills one can obtain either through first-hand or observational are the biggest benefits of the military. Management is observant and fair. Co-workers are ever changing as this is the military after but after 23 years of it, I still am in contact with those that I served with from my first base! The hardest part of the job is the reality that you can deploy and be put in harms way. This is where you are tested in your ability, faith and dedication. Most enjoyable part of the job is the experience one is exposed to that surpasses the majority of the companies one is employed with post service.
Excellent Career
Director of Business Operations (Former Employee), San Antonio TexasAugust 25, 2015
No complaints about the Air Force and how it takes care of its people. I came in a boy and left a full grown man. Had a blast and was able to travel overseas.
Met a lot of new people
Personnel (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 25, 2015
I took pleasure inputting the marriages of military members then later on inputting the birth of their children. I met different people from all over the world. My very best friend and I met on the military base
Great foundation for life
LE (Former Employee), UtahAugust 25, 2015
LOGISTICS
Material Management Journeymen (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDAugust 25, 2015
COMPLETED AND MAINTAINED DAILY TASKS TO ENSURE THE MISSION COULD BE SUPPORTED. STOCKED, ISSUED AND MAINTAINED ACCOUNTABILITY FOR MILITARY UNIFORMS, ISSUED/ RECEIVED AIRCRAFT PARTS, MAINTAINED PERSONNEL CLOTHING RECORDS, INVENTORY READINESS SPARES PACKAGES, COMPLETE REQUIRED MONTHLY TRAINING, MAINTAIN MILITARY CERTIFICATIONS FOR DEPLOYMENT READINESS, MAINTAIN OPERATIONAL SAFETY.
INSPECT AND KEEP FULL ACCOUNTABILITY FOR MILITARY PROPERTY IN WORK SECTION, MAINTAIN DAILY, WEEKLY, MONTHLY REPORTS, COORDINATE AND MAINTAIN READINESS SPARES PACKAGES FOR DEPLOYMENTS, RESPONSIBLE FOR PRE AND POST DEPLOYMENT RSP OPERATIONS, ISSUE/RECEIVE PROPERTY,
Great life experience
Operations Manager, Medical Plans and Readiness (Former Employee), MacDill AFB, FLAugust 25, 2015
Served over 20 years in the United States Air Force, Met friends for life and I would not change a thing. I am here so I won't get fined.
Valuable career, great experience
Law Enforcement Operations Superintendent (Former Employee), Goodfellow AFB, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: deployments
Cons: political correctness
Worked 40+ hours a week, as I progressed throughout my career it became very political. learned more than I could ever list, team work, sacrifice, and hard work and sound morals will get you far. Most co-workers were great, as in any environment. Hardest part of the job was as I promoted, I had to move out of jobs I really enjoyed. Best part of the job was when I got to work with people who became like family.
Headquarters