U.S. Air Force
6,309 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Active duty Air Force
Network Administrator/Messaging Technician (Former Employee), Fairchild AFB, WADecember 23, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: can be gone most of year
Great experience for those that want to actually serve their country, aren't whiny children, know they're most likely going to deploy, take advantage of the benefits and take the most from the experience so that you can use it in the future for your civilian career.
Love the military
Security Force/ Nuclear Security (Former Employee), Malmstrom AFB, MTDecember 22, 2014
I miss this job. I didn' realize it then but it was great and great for job security. I should have stayed in longer.
Integrity first, service before self and excellence in all we do.
Airborne surveillance, dorm maintenance, student (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 22, 2014
Loved the people i worked with... ended up being life long friends with many of them. Learned to work under authority and to be professional. Being away from my family was the hardest part.
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Sherwood, ARDecember 21, 2014
God place to work and travel with structure and accountability.
Aim high...fly, fight, win!
Inspector General Superintendent (Current Employee), Tyndall AFB, FLDecember 21, 2014
Pros: job security, teamwork, benefits, training, leave, travel, retirement, tuition assistance
Cons: time away from family, extended duty days, unpredictability due to pcs, contentious leadership
Overall, an Air Force career is a great stepping stone for life.
lots of long hours
Vehicle and Equipment Mantinence Apprentice (Former Employee), Barksdale AFB, LADecember 21, 2014
Hard work. Action drills. Early mornings. Job qualifying tests.
Has a stable working enviornment
Jet Engine Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 21, 2014
Pros: kept me busy on a daily basis
Cons: can't think of one
Arrive at work and receive a turnover from previous shift. Help to launch and recover aircraft. Debrief pilots for specific probles and trouble shoot and repair aircraft for next mission.

I have learned to troubleshoot aircraft engines and components. I have also taught airmen how to use special tooling and equipment for trouble shooting purposes.

The – more... management was exceptional in their organizational skill and brought up through the ranks with knowledge engines and components.

Co-workers were a team of specialized workers and treated each other as brothers and sisters.

I enjoyed working in this field and view it as the best job I ever had. – less
High paced, adventurous environment that requires dedication and commitment
Communication/Navigation Technician Specialist (Former Employee), GlobalDecember 20, 2014
A typical day of work on the flightline starts with turnover from previous shift and learning the workload of the day. There are several different daily jobs and duties required to keep the flightline moving. On any given day, you could be fixing discrepancies, being on alert for launching aircraft discrepancies, or taking care of miscellaneous shop – more... duties and management to name a few. From day to day life I learned how to manage my time in order to juggle the work I had to accomplish, my training and personal management, and all additional duties. I also learned the value of dedication and hard work, I do not leave a job until it is finished. I should not fail to mention the pride I now take in my craftsmanship. – less
Military
RF Transmissions Systems Technician (Former Employee), Wahiawā, HIDecember 20, 2014
Personal life and work balance was almost nonexistent. Highly stressful, management did not care at all about their people. NCO's had their own agenda and seemed to only do things their way regardless of how it affected their people.
Great experince
Medic (Former Employee), TexasDecember 20, 2014
Great experience, the benefit are great specially medical services. great career choice
Security Forces Journeyman (Former Employee), Minot, NDDecember 19, 2014
I can not disclose any information about what I did in the military.
Enjoy patient care
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 19, 2014
Pros: helping patients
Cons: no breaks
12 hour shifts, 5 days per week. Pulled call for the OR. Learned how to handle critical situtations in the OR and Post Anesthesia Unit. Enjoyed all the different types of surgeries and helping the patients recover.
Hardest part of any job in the medical field is when you lose a paitent.
I love taking care of patients and their families.
typical day at work
transportation manager (Former Employee), washington dcDecember 19, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: long hours
no two days were the same, most days started with physical fitness in the mornings followed by briefings on what was scheduled for the day, training was ongoing for deployments and the normal work still had to be accomplished
A day's work
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee), Suitland, MDDecember 19, 2014
A typical work day is dealing with employees for an eight hour day period. Also, interacting with guest. Making sure that my employees are following AAFB standard in cleaning the hotel rooms. The hardest part of the job ensuring that we do not have any guest complaints. The most enjoyable part of my job is the teamwork and commitment we have for the – more... guest and agency. – less
Don't get hurt
Crew Chief (Former Employee), Tinker AFB, OK + Peterson AFB, CODecember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: i would do it all over again, if i could!
It was one of the greatest things that I ever did! I only wish that I didn't get hurt. I had 2 back surgeries. I also had Shoulder surgery. I don't regret the time that I served though. It was the greatest time ( apart from getting married and having my daughter) of my life! What a ride!
Productive Career.
Parachute Rigger (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYDecember 18, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: having to leave home from time to time
Can not give a much information. Although being in the United States Air Force has help me develop a better way of interacting with people from all over the world and understand how other people operate which has helped me in my civilian employment.
Proud to serve
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Sumter, SCDecember 18, 2014
Proud to have served my country. Paid training. Travel opportunities. Paid high education program. Best learning experience around. Advise others to serve and enjoy. Opportunity to meet others from all walks of life.
Customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee), AlbuquerqueDecember 18, 2014
customer flow can average from 400 to 2000 daily all with different needs. all needs must be net in a timely manner and still with quality customer service and care. i learned time management, how to set priorities, follow rules and regulations. followership is just as important as leadership qualities. always greet the customer with a smile and be – more... positive in every situation. do not rush into things without thinking. – less
Provides life skills with unbeatable experiences
AGE Flight Chief (Branch Manager) (Former Employee), Korea and CaliforniaDecember 18, 2014
Amazing job training that translates into college credits, college reimbursement, world wide travel and competitive pay...it is hard to beat a job that provides the opportunities of the Air Force.
Serving Our Country Was Awesome
Airman (Honorably Discharged) (Former Employee), GeorgiaDecember 18, 2014
Awesome, no real complaints, it was the military the best branch at that. I would recommend joining the Air Force to anyone, only advice is to know what your job title is prior to enlisting. DO NOT GO IN UNDER OPEN!!! But do go in!!! All in all, best choice I ever made.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more