U.S. Air Force

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 8,474 reviews matching the search
Air Force member
Fuel Systems Repair (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 8, 2016
On a typical day I may work 1-3 aircrafts requiring my area of expertise in fuel systems repair. In doing this job I have learned multi-tasking, teamwork, planning, meeting deadlines and doing my job to the best of my ability.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Deployments
Best Decision I've Ever Made
Superintendent, Maintenance Training (Former Employee) –  Luke AFB, AZFebruary 8, 2016
The military is a commitment and way of life. If you are unsure what you want to do and do not have the ability to pay for your education then the USAF is definitely the way to go. I wouldn't be where I am today without the USAF.
Good learning environment with unique equipment.
Physical Dimension Technician (Current Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Learning new and exciting items to work on with the ability to become a leading expert with-in a shop provides a enjoyable work environment.
Military Pilot and Staff Officer
Deputy Director (Former Employee) –  Joint Base McGuire Dix LakehurstFebruary 8, 2016
Leading 180 US Air Force Airman and Civilians to accomplish superior mobility taskings and assignments. Leading Air Force's premier mobility schoolhouse in the education and training division.
Benefits
Cons
Deployments
Little Pay With Zero Stability
Emergency Management Program Director (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 8, 2016
Want to get paid pennies compared to your civilian counterparts while never seeing your family and getting rockets shot at you? Join the Air Force.
Pros
100% healthcare, tuition assistance, 30 days paid leave every year
Cons
doctors are unreliable, there are strings attached to the tuition assistance, and good luck trying to justify your leave
Productive and Professional Work Place
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Schriever AFB, COFebruary 7, 2016
I felt like I received a lot of specialized training that prepared me for numerous jobs an tasks. I enjoyed the professionalism of the coworkers I have had over the years.
Pros
Relaxed working atmosphere.
Cons
Long commute to work.
Outstanding
SECURITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NM 88330February 7, 2016
A privilege to serve on the command staff and in a global capacity. A perfect career with some failures and frustrations, and many successes, but always for the right reasons.
Very relaxed work environment
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEFebruary 6, 2016
Positive people, very close knit community. I loved the experience. But i could have done so much more to be successful.
Easy
RF Transmissions Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Worldwide LocationsFebruary 5, 2016
Great co-workers that you will form lifelong relationships with. Good benefits. Steady paycheck. LOTs of off time (holidays, leave, family days), EASY to stay in. People get too complacent.

Deployments are hard mentally and physically; away from family and friends for long periods of time and poorly compensated for risking your life.

Leaders are chosen by a test, not by judgment of character or leadership abilities.

Lots of little BS that can be tolerated for so long before it's time to move on.
usaf
Public Health Manager/ Training Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 5, 2016
serve your country serve your term. education benefits are great, however if you dont have a job where you dont have free time you will find it hard to go to school

Want to know more about U.S. Air Force?

Ask a question
high stress rewarding job
Fuel system mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 5, 2016
typical day when there was an aircraft to work on would be to seal up the hangar and prepare to open up fuel tanks. Put in the ventilation to remove the fuel vapors. Gain entry to tank then find the spot that was leaking so it could be removed and repaired. after repair's were completed the aircraft would be towed out of the hangar and put back out on the flight line to be ready to go back for mission readiness. Everyone worked as a team to accomplish the same goal in a timely manner. you learn the importance of team work and finishing job's before deadline's are up.
Pros
Government Benefit's
Cons
long hrs and long work week's
great job with excellent benifits
Munitions storage and assembler (Former Employee) –  DODFebruary 4, 2016
nice working environment and a great place for benifits, coworkers were always a positive part of the day. the hardest part each day was the actual work portion in the maintenance career field
Its the Military
COMBAT CONTROL OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Pope AFB, NCFebruary 4, 2016
I loved being in the military. I dedicated six years to my job and country. I deployed without question and followed orders. My men trusted me and followed me without question. I would not take one moment of it back.
Very professional enviroment
DoD Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed my time while I was enlisted in the united states air force. A normal day at work would consist of coming into work to friendly faces and we would knock out as many medical work orders as we could in a day.
Excellent way of life
Communications Electronics Maintenance Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLFebruary 4, 2016
I really enjoyed the day to day responsibilities of working the equipment and fellow soldiers. My day was organized and my work load acceptable. The hardest part of the job was the deployments and time away from family.
Pros
excellent way of life
Cons
deployments
Great way to kick off a career
Public Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Various duty locationsFebruary 4, 2016
Leadership is great and growth opportunities are abundant. The highly structured nature of training and development ensures everyone has equal opportunities to advance.
Great
Nondestructive Inspection Technician (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMFebruary 4, 2016
Great experience, I loved working around a good team of people that motivated me day in and day out. Ready for new experiences!
my most rewarding job
Satellite Readout Station Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buckley AFB, COFebruary 4, 2016
Being part of the United States Air Force was challenging, but most rewarding job i have ever had.

The military teaches you how to work with people with all different backgrounds.

The military will give you a wide range of opportunities to grow, and learn many skills.

The Air Force gave me a sense of accomplishment.

In many occasions you will make friends for life.
Pros
stable work, constant training, and sense of accomplishment
Cons
hard to balance family life
Challenging environment
Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  F E Warren AFB, WYFebruary 4, 2016
You can be challenged and have many opportunities to learn and grow. It can be difficult to balance work/personal life but once you find what works for you everything will fit together.
Amazing experience
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 4, 2016
After serving 10 years in the military, or anywhere, you will come across all of the good, bad and the ugly. My experience in the military has had many ups and downs however, I have always loved and enjoyed being apart of the worlds best Air Force. Working in law enforcement no day is the same or typical. There wasn't really any "hard" part of the job, the overall military life is taxing so for those who don't last long mainly have a hard time adjusting. Once you pass that portion of military life it is relatively easy. The most enjoyable part of the job is having people around you that you can depend on even in the most dire circumstances.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
very long hours

4.6