U.S. Air Force
7,431 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Challenging and fulfilling mission
Space and Missile Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Peterson AFB, COMay 28, 2015
The Air Force provides you with great opportunities, as well as the tools you need, to challenge yourself and become a productive, successful member of a team.
Responsibilities or Real Property Inspector
Real Property Inspector / Engineer Tech II (Former Employee), JBERMay 27, 2015
Pros: Straightforward, no overtime. Work limited to weekdays.
Cons: Contract position was first to be eliminated during the fiscal reductions and sequestration.
My task was to support the military directive that requires all facilities on base to have an inspection every 5 years. The information was recorded in files maintained by the Real Property office. My position supported facilities on both bases.
great time with great people
Fluid Technician (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKMay 27, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: none to speak of
Always worked together to accomplish whatever need to be done. Small crew but got done without question great team work with all involved.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN
sales executive (Current Employee), new york NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: bread
Cons: short break
I CAN WORK DURING LONG HOUR.and do many things.i accept all executions.i not complain if tthere give me one things to do many things if it necessity to do it
USAF gave me the discipline to be the man I am today
F-15 Avionics Repair Technician (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Pride and commitment to job was unmatched
Cons: Foreign war, Served in Operation Desert Storm
I repaired electronic systems for the F-15 aircraft.
We worked on every in cockpit control, to radar and guidance systems as well as black boxes.
Air Force
Avionic Technician (Former Employee), Tinker AFB, OkMay 27, 2015
Pros: gained alot of electrical/mechanical experiance
Show up to work, get turn over, proceed to aircraft for troubleshooting of electrical/mechanical malfunctions, fix problem, test systems integrity, sign off forms for that job. proceed to next job site.
Everyone should have to serve at least 2 years
Tactical Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Randolph AFB, TXMay 27, 2015
The Military is a wonderful experience that I think every man and woman in the United States should experience. This being said there are points of long hours and hard work but it is all in the sake of keeping this country protected from our enemies.
Kitchen Manager for golf course
Food and Beverage Mgr (Former Employee), ArizonaMay 27, 2015
Pros: Loved cooking
Cons: moved two hours away.
I ran the day to day operations for the kitchen for the golf course. Orders all food and supply, Cook and clean. Set up Wedding events and retirements and meetings in our bouquet rooms. Schedules for my 10 employees and reports for payroll.
Rewarding experience, ability to travel, great benefits
Master Sergeant (Former Employee), Multiple LocationsMay 27, 2015
Work days vary from 8 to 16 hour days depending on the workload. Plenty of opportunities for advancement. Received quality management education and experience.
Great people and great place to work.
Controller (Former Employee), Travis AFB, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: People leave
Great place to work. People are unique and worked as a team. The hardest part of the job is knowing people may move anytime. Most enjoyable part of his job is a steady work rhythm.
great education
Paramedic/Medical Specialist (Former Employee), Holloman AFB, NMMay 26, 2015
Pros: free cloths and meals.
Cons: all good
It was a great experience, i was a paramedic and loved every minute. I left to improve my life and work experience. I did moved on to work for United Airlines.
Providing Mission Ready Airmen and Aircraft....Winning Today's Fight and Securing America's Future
Logistics & Transportation Director (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSMay 26, 2015
As the Logistics and Transportation Director, my team and I would be involved in many facets of accomplishing the missions that are assigned to the 403d wing from providing Tactical Airlift to Weather Reconnaissance to Agile Combat Support.
Excellent experience
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), World Wide United StatesMay 26, 2015
Great experience, got to travel and do things that most individuals would not be able to do and see. Different challenges and tasks day to day working on aircraft, met a lot of different people from a variety of backgrounds. People in the workplace made the job exciting day in and out.
Serve your country
Senior Emergency Action Controller (Former Employee), Sumter, SCMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great money long term and education benifits
Cons: It's military life.
Like all other military jobs, there is the possibility of deployment and the inability to predict future stations. Benefits are great and educational opportunities are far better than anywhere else. 100% tuition and supplies.
Challenging and Rewarding
Senior Trial Counsel - Special Victim's Unit (Current Employee), Nellis AFB, NVMay 26, 2015
Great experience for young attorneys who are looking to serve their country and work with outstanding people. Perfect opportunity to get litigation experience and other skills.
Hard work, stong relationships
Aircraft Armament Mechanic (Former Employee), Moody AFB, GAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits, interesting culture of people
Cons: Short breaks, long hours, $5.50/hour
A typical day was a 12 hour shift, spent with the same people day in and day out. Generally, you went home so exhausted, working from 1400 to 0200 hours, falling asleep at 0300 hours, waking up at 1200 hours, and realizing you couldn't get anything done in the next two hours, so you get ready for work again. I learned that hard work with a dedicated crew can be rewarding towards bonds. My co-workers became my best friends, but there was a separation line. Airmen and Airmen first class were friends. Some Senior Airmen would begin to separate, and grow closer to the Staff Sergeants. The cycle continued up the chain.
The hardest part was the lifestyle. The expectations. Also, knowing my friend back home working at McDonalds was making as much as I was, with shorter hours, and friendlier people. I know if you add in the benefits, enlisted people make more, but sometimes it's the take-home money you enjoy more.
The most enjoyable was knowing going out in your uniform meant you were looked at with respect.
Amazing work and life experience.
Munitions Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Holloman AFB, NMMay 26, 2015
The military is by far the most rewarding thing I've ever done. The sense of job security, of teamwork, and pride that I got from being part of the United States military will stay with me for the rest of my life.
Productive work place
Aircraft Armament Mechanic (Former Employee), Moody AFB, GAMay 26, 2015
A typical day for me started at 2 P.M and ran until 2 A.M. I would check out my tools, and begin working a non-stop pace. I learned dedication, responsibility,and how to manage time wisely. The hardest part of the job was the stress of the time crunches, but it taught us to work harder, while getting the job done right. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of serving my country.
Great life experience
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits, education, expertise
Cons: Rules that controlled personal lives
- Typical medical environment
- Management skills
- Certain managers were constantly pushing for group excellence
- Co-workers were always willing to help
- Certain managers were only in it to bring others down
- Was a part of something more than just a job
Great organization to work at
Cyber Systems Operations Technician (Former Employee), HIMay 25, 2015
Many opportunities for advancement and leadership. Was exposed to many systems and technologies. It's a great place for young men and women to learn new skills while serving their country.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries