U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,850 reviews matching the search
Great experience
Cardiopulmonary Technician (Former Employee) –  Wpafb, OHJune 30, 2016
Got to experience many different cultures and places. Free education benefits and chances to experience a lot of things
Integrity First-Service Before Self-Excellence In All We Do
Supply Chain Manager/Medical Logistics (Current Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJune 30, 2016
Outstanding professional environment. Respect, integrity, prestige, loyalty, commitment and selflessness are among the major characteristic traits of those who make up the USAF. A youthful, task oriented, success driven environment.
Good stepping stone for a bright future.
Network Infrastructure Technician (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAJune 30, 2016
My recruiter pulling 3D1x2 was the most exciting thing of my life. I love computers and networking has been my dream. However, Being in a SCIF environment wasn't my ideal experience.
it was ok
Air Transportation Craftsman (Former Employee) –  WorldwideJune 30, 2016
very political, leadership is very one sided and look out for their own careers instead of fostering good morale and being good leaders
Air Force is a great place to work
Materials Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHJune 30, 2016
The Air Force Research Lab is a world class facility performing materials research in all areas from materials development to processing to end use.
Provides a great foundation for future success
Lead multiple teams of up to 27 personnel (Current Employee) –  Various locationsJune 30, 2016
A great place to grow and become a respectable man or woman and a positive role model for others to follow. Instills pride in service, self and country.
Pros
travel, school
Cons
deployments
Proficient Workplace with helpful and friendly coworkers
Lead Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanscom AFB, MAJune 30, 2016
Created financial reports and supported all areas of responsibility within a 5 person finance team, Managed a $400,000 budget, Analyzed, examined, and interpreted account records, compiled financial information, and reconciled reports and financial data, Performed process analysis, and communicated recommendations to management, Process journal entries and perform accounting corrections to ensure accurate records
Pros
Friendly faces, good moral, staff lunches
It is a living
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Luke AFB, AZJune 30, 2016
I have no issues with my time in the Air Force. I recommend everyone to have a plan before joining. 20 years can go by quickly, or an injury could happen at anytime.
Benefits
Cons
Deployments
Great people
Personnel Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJune 30, 2016
I loved being in the Air Force. I travelled to New Jersey and Colorado. I reviewed performance reports from Enlisted and Officers, made ID cards for military members and their dependants, created PowerPoint Slides for commander's briefings
Pros
Hours
Cons
Having to leave family for training
A Way of Life
Deputy Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 29, 2016
There is no better way see what is going on, then to visit: https://www.airforce.com/
This is truly a way of life that will take Integrity, Service, and Excellence to succeed.
had fun while i was in
Airframe and Structural Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Incerlik, TurkeyJune 29, 2016
its the Air Force, i was not in long enough to give a valid review except that it was good while i was in.loved working on air force air craft
Benefits
Cons
regimentation
Outstanding, wonderful, best place ever. I strongly recommend this career path to any young person.
US Air Force Security Force Member (Former Employee) –  Around the WorldJune 29, 2016
The Air Force was one of the best services to be a part of. The medical benefits were outstanding, pay was poor, job was dangerous but very rewarding. It is people oriented and family concerned.
Pros
Medical Benefits and retirement
Cons
Long hours, often gone from home for months, deployments to less that desirable locations, and continuous permanent change of stations.
Good place to gain experience
Emergency Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXJune 28, 2016
Really what can you say about the Air Force. Either you like it or you don't. I must have because I did 25 years active duty and still work for them as a civilian.
Air Force
Physical Training Leader (Current Employee) –  overseasJune 28, 2016
It's a wonderful way to gain your momentum for life, great benefits, and a steady paycheck. You will run into a lot of aholes who'll make your life miserable, but you will also meet some really great people who will take care of your until the end.

Join at your own risk...
Very strucured envorinment
Transportation Logistics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJune 28, 2016
The employer was very friendly towards obtaining education and housing for needed service members. Family life was somewhat stressful due to deployments out of the country.
Military Fire Program is Subpar
Fire Protection Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 28, 2016
The overall Fire Protection Program is sub-par compared to many other civilian departments in many ways.
Amazing
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  AFBJune 27, 2016
Very fast paced the benefits are wonderful the management is as well . Working for the Air Force gives you room to explore different opportunities.
Pros
getting to meet new people
Cons
short breaks
Personal Growth
Logistics Planner (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2016
This is a rewarding career that promotes job accomplishment and personal growth. My fellow coworkers are helpful and we do well functioning as a unit.
High Morale and Postive Work Environment
Executive Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyndall AFB, FLJune 27, 2016
Self-starting and trusting organization to complete daily task. On the job training is constantly given to keep up with the changes in rules and regulations. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with trusting and positive people
Productive Place to work
System Administrator / IAO / CSL (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, coloradJune 27, 2016
We believe in vision and passion. Being part of something bigger than a company or job matters to our employees. You’ll help some of the most widely recognized organizations in government and industry succeed. You’ll enhance the security, economic well-being, health, and safety of people in our nation and around the world. You’ll be challenged. You’ll make an impact.

4.6