U.S. Air Force
5,144 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Saving lives
Firefighter/Medic (Former Employee), USJuly 10, 2014
Managed and acted on fire protection operations, Small arms expert, aircraft rescue firefighting, HazMat command and operations, Structural firefighting, wild life firefighting, emergency command and control management, Alarm room dispatch management. Graduated top 10% of Fire Protection School and excelled at journeymen upgrade evaluations.
Electrician (Current Employee), Bossier City, LAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: military side duties, meetings
The job itself is fun and Easy, sometimes you get annoyed by the military side of the , work, benefits are great no matter how many hours you have to work is worth it expect to be recall at any time without extra pay
Stressful but Fun
Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, career advances at my pace, great people
Cons: long hours
The Air Force was the best choice of my life. I was trained in career of choice and had many opportunities for advancement. Most days at work were filled with the completion of evaluation reports, feed backs, and training. I learned that life is what you make of it and your career is large part of your life. We worked hard and played hard. Coming through – more... the ranks I learned that an effective manager has an eye on the mission and their finger on the pulse of their people. Paying close attention to my people and meeting their needs made them more effective to meet the needs of the mission. The hardest part of the job were the long hours during exercises which gave me a better appreciation and use of my time outside of exercises. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of successfully completing a exercise meeting or exceeding the grading criteria that we were being evaluated against. – less
Exciting Career
Air Traffic Controller / RAPCON (Former Employee), GloballyJuly 10, 2014
Spent 10 years in the Air Force and loved every day. Learned so many great skills and meet life long friends
If you love to travel, do ministry with a diverse population and be part of an incredible team---Become an AF chaplain
Chaplain (Former Employee), WorldwideJuly 10, 2014
Pros: meeting extraordinary people
Cons: deploying for up to one year away from family
Air Force chaplains experience a diverse range of responsibilities, tasks, people, religious groups, educational opportunities and worldwide locations both in combat and non-combat assignments. The ability of keep close to one's religious traditions while welcoming those of all faiths and no faith is an exciting tension that is experienced daily. Watching – more... chaplains and chaplain assistants mature under your leadership is the greatest joy of the position. The most difficult job is delivering a death notification to a spouse that their partner is not coming home. The most enjoyable part of the job is the travel and the opportunities to experience other cultures and people. – less
Great teamwork
Jet Engine Technician (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAJuly 10, 2014
I learned all my skills here as an adult. The hardest part were all the deployments.
Great Place
F-16 Dedicated Crew Chief (Former Employee), Nellis AFB, NVJuly 10, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: long hours, short breaks
A typical day of work consisted of 12 hours of work in all weather conditions, but also a very fun and close environment.
Secure Job and Travel
Network Systems and Computer Administrator (Former Employee), Yokota, Japan / Warner Robins, GAJuly 9, 2014
A typical day at work you're sitting around waiting for something to happen.When you're needed you feel accomplished.

Great work experience, learned how to manage time and people to get the job done.

Management depends on where you work. My first station had more overhead than my last.

Co-workers are usually the best perk of work, very friendly and – more... accepting.

The hardest part of the job remembering that you can't be at work 24/7. It's alright to take a break every now and then and enjoy life.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting out in the world and experiencing different cultures and seeing beautiful locations. – less
good morale
Public Health Medical Technician (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VirginiaJuly 9, 2014
the morale was good with co workers, I learned food inspections and teaching. the hardest part of the job is there was no efficiency and consistency in work habits. the most enjoyable part of the job was the morale in co workers.
I would like to do it all over again
Aircraft Hydraulics Craftsman (Former Employee), Ellsworth AFB, SDJuly 9, 2014
Pros: it's like the family you never had
Cons: time away from wife and kids
I very diverse mixing pot of cultures. It was a great experience and I have learned a lot over those years. I would do it all over again.
Challenging, high-paced work area
Senior Enlisted Advisor (Current Employee), Spangdahlem, RPJuly 9, 2014
Pros: co-workers are great
Cons: the workday went from 8 to 10 and now 12-14 hours a day on average.
Very rewarding experience. Literally created history over my 20 years of service.
Amazing team and overall structure
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Aviano AB, ItalyJuly 9, 2014
Pros: medical/dental; child care
Cons: long hours, hard on family life, high stress environment
A typical day at work varied from 12-14 hours usually guarding an asset vital to National Security. The friendships between what we call a flight was amazing because we were always there for each other ready to have each to other's back if need be.
On the off chance you were able to work an office job, it required a faster pace than security work to – more... be completed that day. I was one of the lucky ones. I picked up the skills needed to get my job done quickly and proficiently. During my time working an office job, I felt like I had a since of accomplishment. I enjoyed helping people who came to my office needing assistance with something. I enjoyed the pressure of tasks that needed to be completed yesterday type pace. When I was given a task, I made sure I understood it completely and what was expected of it so I would not waste not only my time but the time of the person who needed it done. During down time or slow days, I would offer my assistance where it was needed. At the end of the day, we were all there trying to get the mission accomplished and I was more than willing to help and put my best foot forward. – less
Productive and great opportunity to serve
Communication Specialist (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 9, 2014
The best place to learn and grow! Worked with diverse groups of members to achieve common goal. Worked with extraordinary people who made work enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of serving in the Air Force was serving my country.
No home life
Hydraulic Technician (Former Employee), ellsworth afbJuly 9, 2014
Pros: they take care of you kinda
Cons: no breaks
On the flight expect to work long 12 hour shifts and 7 days a week out in the weather
Hard working, team building
Airman (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2014
The USAF was something not everyone is cut out for however the knowledge you learn is something everyone should learn.
Supervisor
Fitness Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington DCJuly 8, 2014
A nine year career in the United States Air Force. A typical day in the life of a military member is always changing and never the same. I learned to adapt to change very quickly and easily. While being in the military I have interacted with different cultures and diversity.
Dont remember
HR Advisor (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJuly 8, 2014
Pros: fun job
Cons: busy
BUSY BUSY BUSY. Hard to enjoy Europe when your working 60 hour weeks.
Security Forces
Security Forces Logistics Technician (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoJuly 8, 2014
Typically, I will dispatch patrols to incidents on and off base, conduct patrols on and off military installations, issue equipment to unit personnel and maintain unit vehicles.
Job security with the military
Military Police (Former Employee), Multiple locationsJuly 8, 2014
I enjoyed the eight years I served in the Air Force. It was very rewarding and a selfless job.
Good Job
Explosive Ordnance Disposal Flight Commander (Current Employee), Andrews AFB, MDJuly 8, 2014
A great opportunity to see the world and meet great people. The USAF provides many opportunities to advance your education.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more