U.S. Air Force
6,798 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Awesome time in the United States Air Force
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor (Former Employee), Luke AFB, AZFebruary 24, 2015
The Air Force has been great, I'm just ready to move on and hopefully use my skills, knowledge and expertise in a new career that's right for me.
Great Job While in Military, Opportunity at Any AFB Location
Sergeant, Weather Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Carswell AFB, Fort Worth TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: learned a skill
Cons: lots of tactical events during cold war period
Every male should enlist in military, I learned to be on time, follow instructions and support my manager, life skills that are necessary. Took advantage of GI bill to attend and finish college.
Security Forces Law enforcement officer (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: personnel
Cons: healthcare
A typical day either started early morning or in the afternoon. Learned customer service, serving skills, and use of computers Management was approachable and always there when needed. Co-workers were willing to help out when it was needed. Hardest part was losing customers when unsatisfied. The learning experience it gave me with dealing with all different types of people.
Excellent Career
Manager (Former Employee), SumterFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits, retirement
Cons: high ops tempo, deployments
Best branch of armed forces with respect to quality of life. Great opportunities to advance and development marketable skills.
Excellent Career Choice
ISR Integration (Current Employee), Washington DCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: offers early leadership opportunities, good pay and benefits at retirement, good professional and personal education opportunities, base facilities, and health care benefits, opportunities to travel to or reside in other states and countries.
Cons: long work hours, multiple deployments are the norm, you won't always be stationed where you want to be or do what you want to do.
Intellectually challenging and solution-oriented staff position with an opportunity to impact how niche DoD acquisition and operations are integrated into Services' and Commands' plans and strategy.
Great Job if You Can Take the Stress
Manager/Analyst (Former Employee), Multiple locationsFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: pride, education, training, travel
Cons: stress and impact on home life
There were many opportunities to excel and advance, until the downsizing. Most people are team players. Most officers are dedicated to doing a good job. However, watch out of the bad ones.
Exciting job
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst Supervisor (Current Employee), Langley AFB, VAFebruary 24, 2015
The job that I am currently working at is very demanding and always changing. However, I enjoying working in the environment that I am currently in.
I felt Challenged and respected.
Child and Youth Program Assistant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: closed every federal holiday and was paid 8 hours.
Cons: hard to get time off to spend with family.
Enjoyed meeting new parents and service members. Supporting the mission was our top priority.

I loved working with the infants. The hardest part of the job was saying good-bye to the families when they move.
Nice Environment
Civil Engineer Operations Administrator (Current Employee), Shaw AFB, SCFebruary 24, 2015
Good people and friendly environment. It is like a family. Very coordinated group of individuals at every base that I have been at.
High tempo with great rewards
U.S. Air Force/IT Security (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2015
My training and experience in the U.S. Air Force is second to none. There is always something more that one can do to better themselves in their field of expertise. I have been a proud member of the Air Force for 13+ years. A typical day in my job is anything but typical. Every day is different. I am surrounded by quality co-workers. The most difficult part of the job is being able to balance every task at hand which can also be the most rewarding aspect of the job when everything falls into place.
Great Place to work
Chief, Space Range Operations Section (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 23, 2015
Growing responsibilities with advancement. Never a dull moment, important work that needs to be done. Great education and medical benefits.
Military Life
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Nellis AFB, NVFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: see the world
It's not just a job. It's a life style. You train in your field, you build your career and you make life lasting friends/family.

You have the opportunity to travel and see the world. You will gain different life styles experiences not to mention you learn to value life and what you have.

No matter where you're stationed, it's what you make of it.
Review for Materiel Management
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Tinker AFB, OKFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: plethora of knowledge
Cons: leaving loved ones.
I enjoyed everyday I went to work, the Air Force was new and challenging and Material Management offered unlimited challenges if you sought them. My duty day started at 0700 and varied in completion times due to tempo. Assemble at McGuire was a great group of individuals who had a passion for Logistics and that rubbed off on myself. The hardest part of my duties was leaving my family for extended periods of time and thoroughly Inventorying over 10K line items. The most enjoyable times were spent researching and problem solving.
Great place to get a career started and take care of your family at the same time
2A051A Back Shop F-15 Avionics Technician (Former Employee), us,uk,middle eastFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free housing good pay with bennifits great start
Cons: it is not for everyone
As with all service branches the idea of training a all voluntary and professional airforce to meet the needs of national defense is a core principle of today airforce. I encourage all young people to look in to the military for a start to there adult lifes. I very much enjoyed my enlistment and gained a good start to my career
US Air Force
Aerospace Technician/Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Robins AFB, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: room and board, awesome accommodations, awesome tdys
Cons: its the military
The best of all branches. Yea, Marines love being Marines, but they always say they should have went into the AF. Actually, every branch says that except for the navy.
Greatest job I had
C17 Loadmaster (Former Employee), Hickam AFB, HawaiiFebruary 23, 2015
I was in the US Air Force for almost 2 years. I enjoyed every minute of it. I love to travel and to learn. A typical day of work (when not flying) would consist of helping with things around the work building such as - writing up reports, researching information, staying up to knowledge on my job. When I was flying, I would be doing everything that my job consisted of which would be doing in flight duties, making sure that cargo was strapped down properly and that passengers were comfortable and taken care of. I think the hardest part of my job was learning all the new knowledge because there was a lot to know about one single jet. The most enjoyable part was flying and getting to see new places and learning new things about my job and the plane that I flew on.
Overall it was a fun experience, very hard at times but it was a life changing experience that made me who I am today.
Security Forces Apprentice (3P031) (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTFebruary 23, 2015
Working four days on and four days off schedule, while on working days I was working twelve hour shifts guarding 10 nuclear missle sites. My co-workers were great to work with, which made the job much easier to do especially during the winter in -25 to -60 degree weather. I learned about military security procedures, how to effectively use a M4 carbine semi-automatic, M203 Grenade Launcher, M240B and M249 machine gun and the M9 pistol. I also learned how to physically subdue an enemy without having to use deadly force. Leadership on my flight was exellent, I couldnt have asked for any better. The hardest part of my job was probably working in subzero temperatures. The best part of my job when we aren't being deployed to missle sites for alarms, just being with fun and respectable friends playing pool or ping pong at our MAF(Missle Alert Facility) which was where we stayed during our work shift.
Excellence in All We Do.
Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice Technician (Former Employee), Sheppard AFB, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: medical, educational, housing, and food is all at a generously reduced rate.
Cons: strict if you are bad with authority figures.
Literally the Air Force stresses the importance of their core values throughout training, and in the operational Air Force. All personnel are held to the highest of standards. You must be the best of the best to make it the distance you want to go in this branch of service. Be advised, do not make yourself known until you make it into the "Operational" Air Force.
Chief, Configuration Management (Former Employee), MacDill AFB, FLFebruary 23, 2015
..................................................................................................................................................
Honorable work that less than 5% of Americans get to enjoy
MANAGER (Former Employee), worldwideFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: feeling of purpose, comradery, steady pay
Cons: hazards of the job, over egotistical co-workers
There was nothing typical about my work days because every day it was something new.
I have learned that freedom isn't free at all. The military person has an inherent work ethic that in a lot or most cases surpasses their civilian counterparts.
The difficulty in the job was dealing with the opposition. They wanted us gone or dead and everyday they let us know that thru motor attacks and gunfire.
The part of the job that I could say that was most enjoyable was when they died for their country and we lived for ours.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more