U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 8,456 reviews matching the search
Challenging environment
Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  F E Warren AFB, WYFebruary 4, 2016
You can be challenged and have many opportunities to learn and grow. It can be difficult to balance work/personal life but once you find what works for you everything will fit together.
Amazing experience
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 4, 2016
After serving 10 years in the military, or anywhere, you will come across all of the good, bad and the ugly. My experience in the military has had many ups and downs however, I have always loved and enjoyed being apart of the worlds best Air Force. Working in law enforcement no day is the same or typical. There wasn't really any "hard" part of the job, the overall military life is taxing so for those who don't last long mainly have a hard time adjusting. Once you pass that portion of military life it is relatively easy. The most enjoyable part of the job is having people around you that you can depend on even in the most dire circumstances.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
very long hours
Amazing Experience
Weather Forecaster (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NE and Bossier City, LAFebruary 3, 2016
I learned a lot about my self while serving in active duty for my country. It was an amazing experience. The hardest part of the job is clearly the deployments to combat zones. I had the most amazing co-workers in the world. All of them are like my brothers and sisters.
Pros
Benefits, 30 days paid vacation per year
Cons
Relatively low salary, schedules
Teamwork is essential
OPTHALMIC/OPTOMETRY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  South Patrick, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Being a part of this great country and serving the american people. Providing the care our pilots need to stay in the air.
Pros
SERVING THIS COUNTRY
Cons
NONE
Military
Fuels Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 3, 2016
The United States Air Force gives people a career with training and benefits. Medical and Educational benefits are outstanding.
Busy, Time Consuming, and Great Opportunities.
Maintenance Management Analysis/Database Manager (Former Employee) –  world wideFebruary 3, 2016
The Air Force is a great branch to be a part of in the military. A typical work day in the Air Force was very busy. We worked anywhere from 9 to 15 hours usually Monday through Friday. We are taught how to be very productive and manage our time wisely. My coworkers were tolerable. You have people from all walks of life working next to you, so it was a great way to network and understand how other people may do certain things. The most enjoyable part about the Air Force was the travel. I served 6 years and three months and got to travel to 21 different countries.
Pros
free food, medical, travel
Usaf
DISPATCH DESK SERGEANT Dispatched Law Enforcement (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2016
The United States Air Force is a great the people that you meet are great and networking is great. I enjoyed every minute of the Air Force
Productive and fun workplace
Aerospace Propulsion Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Randolph AFB, TXFebruary 3, 2016
One job that will always be a part of me. Proud serving my country and working besides the finest men and women from different parts of the country.
It was an amazing experience. I had the chance to see the world and defend my country.
Avionics Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Texas, Mississippi, JapanFebruary 2, 2016
Working for 12 hours around a family type of work place so the time went by so fast. i learned honor, respect, how to work in a group. My co-workers where like family. The hardest part was leaving, but every minute was enjoyable.
Pros
fighting for my country
Cons
N\a
Productive and entertaining
Operations Training NCO (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDFebruary 2, 2016
Everyday I come to work is a new experience. Training new individuals all with different backgrounds of radio and the High Frequency Global Communication System (HFGCS). Mostly everyone that comes in right after technical school, has just a slight knowledge of Communications Security (COMSEC) also. It's really great to tie in different aspects of life to our job and roles that we do.
Pros
Personal growth, healthcare
Cons
Moving
United States Air Force
Financial Management Officer (Current Employee) –  Pentagon, DCFebruary 2, 2016
The Air Force has been very good to me. I am leaving after 6 years in the military not to include my time at the 4 years at the Air Force Academy. I am leaving since my family's goals no longer line up the Air Force (PCS, deployments).

If you know and love the lifestyle, it's a great job with great people. Job security and benefits are great.

Hardest parts are definitely being away from family while on deployment.

Most rewarding was leading people and relationships you build.
Great opportunity to explore the world
GASOLINE/DIESEL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  California, Italy, Qatar, UtahFebruary 1, 2016
This job has given me many opportunities to explore the world, meet new people, experience new cultures, all while serving my country. The skills I have learned, and the crafts I have perfected, will follow me wherever I go. The hardest part is having to relocate every few years and having to start over, but as much as it is unfortunate, it is also a opportunity. An opportunity to grow, mature, and to experience the world. I love my job, and I have served my country proudly, but it is now time to explore opportunities closer to home as my time to separate draws closer.
Pros
World Traveling
Team Based environment.
Materials Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Whiteman Air Force Base, MOFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed my time in the Air Force and proud to be one of the few men and women to have served this country. I met a lot of influential people and seen many parts of the world. The Air Force has taught me many life lessons that I needed to learn.
Pros
Co workers and environment
Cons
Stressful and moving
A great place for a new beginning
HVAC/R JOURNEYMAN (Current Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOFebruary 1, 2016
The Air Force in my humble opinion, is a great place to start fresh. I you don't have a solid idea of what you want to do in life, this place will help you out. Just make sure you research the jobs, before you sign your life.
Pros
Great benefits, and people.
Cons
You do not chose where you go, and you leave your family often.
Productive and fun work place
Supply Chain Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work deals with updating and tracking parts to make sure the customer has real time status on their asset. Everyone works together to make sure the work gets done on-time. Hardest part of the job is when their are no asset anywhere and working with vendors to get a time table to know when the part will be available. Most enjoyable part of the job is building relationship with the people because they are the most important piece of the job.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
operations is 24/7 shift work
Pros and Cons
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJFebruary 1, 2016
Cant beat the pay or benefits but one base can ruin your entire career. Learn your job and dont be a shine chaser. There are plenty of great NCOs and Officers but there are also just as many bad ones. Being a subject matter expert can go a long way and rank begins to disappear when you know your job.
Few leaders, few who really care
Construction Contracts Supervisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 31, 2016
The civilian employees are almost impossible to fire and they have no incentive to work any harder than they absolutely have to. Some are good but they usually get jobs elsewhere. The civilian workforce is typically comprised of military retirees who just want an easy paycheck to supplement their retirement and disability checks. The young ones are the ones who couldn't advance their careers in the industry side and want that safe job where they are likely to get a recommendation for another position than fired. The military lack leaders and most of them are less than professional. There are a few good ones on each side of the isle and they stand out but are rarely recognized.
Great way of life!
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 31, 2016
I loved every minute of my 21 plus years in the Air Force. The people you work with and meet every day make it the best possible job in the world. I loved the satisfaction of a successful job, especially when deployed to wartime locations. There's nothing better than a successful wartime flying mission coming back to base and give you the report!
Pros
Job satisfaction, great people
Cons
Unpredictable lifestyle
loved the job disliked the people
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 31, 2016
The air force gave me amazing experience in the field, but also proved to me that military isn't everything, when it comes to the people you work for and their trust. I have had both great and not so great times working in multiple hospitals. I do believe that everyone has a place to work as a team and create the best and hardworking group. Without teamwork, we wouldn't be able to function in order to help those who need us. When I worked at JBER Elmendorf hospital, we had the same schedule everyday. We would have the morning meeting at 0645 to talk about what the day is going to be like and any other news to share. Each person was either assigned to a room or to SPD. If I was in a room, I would scrub my hands everyday before the meeting. I would usually arrive 25-30min early. Then before the meeting, I would check my case cart and see what night shift pulled the evening before. If everything was set and ready after the meeting I would then start to open everything until the nurse entered the OR. While they finished opening up, I would do a quick scrub with avagard, gown, then set up my sterile field. In every case that I had questions, I would always ask the doctor or have him question me. I loved to talk with the doctors and learn something new everyday. My co-workers were either interested or not when it came to training me or helping me. There was a group of people that only cared for certain workers and kept the others out of the circle. Management was part of the circle and also gave threats and negative input to those who actually put in their hard work. The air force  more... writes reports on their employers called EPRs. They are rated 1-5, 5 being the best there is. I was always given a 3 because of my lack of volunteering. In my honest opinion, I would think the work and care of patients are more important than going on a color run. I think that was the hardest part of the job. I found myself always getting pushed away even when I was doing my best. My job even explained to me one day that," all of the doctors love you in the room, but I feel like you aren't doing the best you can do." At any rate, I still did my best until I honorably separated and I am looking forward to doing the best I can do for any patient or doctor that needs me by their side.  less
Great work enviorment
Avionics System Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVJanuary 31, 2016
Great place to work and gave me the insight i never thought i would get and gave me the knowledge i needed to push on to bigger places

4.6