U.S. Air Force
7,837 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

I learned a lot in the military
Floor Lead (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAJuly 30, 2015
Working in the Air force was very demanding as being a mechanic. It was very face pace and you had to pick up on the knowledge that was giving to you quickly.
friends, 2nd family, reliable
Information Knowledge Manager (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 29, 2015
Pros: benefits, coworkers, management
Cons: distance away from home & family
would get to work, get the job done by the time it needed to be done. I learned how to get things done in a timely manner. The coworkers were amazing, basically like family.
Great employment
Target Analysis/Reporter (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXJuly 29, 2015
Very challenging, but rewarding experience. The military has a lot to offer and can help most people advance in their lives. They encourage further education and provide security and comfortable lifestyles (unless you're sloppy with your money).
It's the military
CLIENT SYSTEMS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Good Structure, Good Benefits
Cons: Became way too political
I started out as a phone guy accomplishing inside and outside plant telephone work, and then the Air Force merged us Wiredawgs with computers and made us Client Service Technicians. The AFSC (AKA MOS for Army folks) was 3D1X1. It was a multifaceted role in which we worked on telephones, computers, printers, scanners, faxes, MFDs on both the classified and non-classified side
Loved all 20 years of it.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Randolph AFB, TXJuly 29, 2015
The people were great. The teamwork was incredible. Learned a lot every day. The Military is a different environment...different in a good way!
Awesome
Security Assistant (Current Employee), Holloman AFB, NMJuly 29, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: None
Love it, I would recommend it to anyone. The civilians who work for the AF, are great and they love their jobs. Decent work hours and the pay is fair
Productive and fun workplace.
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Jacksonville FlJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Healthcare benefits
Cons: Freedom
Fun work place with supportive management. Management encourages you to further your education. Great benefits and great travel experience.
One of the best choices I have ever made in my life
Firefighter/EMT (Former Employee), everywhereJuly 29, 2015
Pros: being a part of something greater than yourself
Cons: absolutely none
No better feeling than driving a fire truck with lights and sirens sounding, responding to an emergency to save a life or extinguish a fire or even extricate someone from a vehicle. what an amazing experience I will never forget
Highly focused, structured, rewarding and no nonsense
Trainee (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Structured, well paying, near perfect job security, guaranteed advancement opportunities, high degree of camaraderie, no nonsense
Cons: Very little downtime, high physical demand, not really what I was looking for
It was a great experience to help me to grow and expand my horizons, even if it did turn out to not be what I was looking for with my life. The high degree of focus and structure, combined with a no nonsense – more... outlook, made for a very enjoyable environment for me. Recreation had a specific time and place, which was not during working hours, which is the type of work I really enjoy. I was challenged every day to do my best, and strove for that degree of excellence to which I was pushed. Growing and maturing happened as a natural part of my time there, and I was very pleased with this. – less
military mindset
Boiler Plant Operator (Current Employee), Bedford, MAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: government job with benefits
Cons: hours of work
just put us on a rotating every shift schedule and it repeats every two weeks.The work is easy but the shift isn't very pleasant for a person to maintain a work life balance.
Work for an organization bigger than yourself
CHIEF of STAFF (Former Employee), Scott AFB, ILJuly 28, 2015
Great to serve your country and lead men and women from around the United States. World-class organization in defense of our nation.
U.S. Air Force, one of the best organizations in the free world.
Military Service Specialist (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free travel.
Cons: None.
The greatest opportunity to apply all you have learned, to work with the most dedicated people, to accomplish the most rewarding benefit in the world, freedom.
good for a career best if single
N/A (Former Employee), San AntonioJuly 28, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: management
early wake up
hands on and physical fitness
management is big and you are little
a lot of great people but also not so great
being rushed to do nothing happens a lot in training
traveling and meeting people from all over was a great experience
Poor leadership, but great resources/advancement.
Surveillance Technician (Former Employee), Hill AFBJuly 28, 2015
You know how/when to advance in rank/salary, and it's essentially all on you. Benefits are great, made over 30k starting salary at 18 years old and married.
I should have stayed in and retired
Law Enforcement Specialist (Former Employee), Pease, Taegu, and McGuire AFBsJuly 28, 2015
Looking back, 25 yrs later, I wish I had remained in the Air Force. Advancement was slow, but that was a known commodity. The multiple roles I filled within my particular AFSC were varied and provided a future in the corporate security areas.
Security Forces
Military Working Dog Handler/Trainer (Former Employee), Moody AFB, GAJuly 28, 2015
I enjoyed my time with the Air Force. Spent 20 years protecting the country and will always stand tall to protect those in uniform.
I loved serving in or United States Air Force!
USAF (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2015
The USAF is a great place to live, learn and serve. The missions are one of a kind and my coworkers were like family. I would recommend anyone seeking a life changing experience to serve.
Well structured step-by-step training for success.
Crew Chief (KC-135) (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 28, 2015
its the military. It creates men out of boys. what else needs to be said?

World class training by world class individuals.
Postive and fulfiling years
Chaplain (Former Employee), South Dakota, Southwest Asia, EnglandJuly 27, 2015
Service to our country was rewarding beyond compare. The situations of high value and very meaningful. Three locations in three years gave me a great understanding of other cultures and also placed me with our heroes in a war zone where we served together with dignity and courage.
Retire
Aviation Resource Manager Superintendent (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 27, 2015
Great to work in Hawaii and with the National Guard, very gratifying way to end my 20 years of service in the United States Air Force.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries