U.S. Air Force
4,484 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Greates job on earth
F-16/MQ-1L Predator Avionics Specialist (Former Employee), Nellis AFB, NVApril 18, 2014
Pros: respect, hard work pays off, dedication, integrity
Cons: leaving the military behind when discharged, long deployments
Respectable job position. What is better than serving your contry and doing your best to keep the world safe. Loved serving two tours in Iraq.
Long hours with the best benefits in the world!
Production Superintendent (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: on-call 24/7/365
A typical day is just like a non-military job but with long hours.
Learned almost anything under the sun.
Micromanagement at its best.
Co-workers are some of the best friends I will ever have.
Hardest part is that you are on-call 24/7/365.
The travel and benefits are unmatched by any other company on the planet.
It's a great way of life!
Network and Computer Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Mcguire AFB, New JersyApril 18, 2014
Pros: teamwork from all aspects of life
I learned everything I needed to know in the military. Teamwork, diversity, flexibility, confidence. There is no other company like it.
Loved the people
Aerospace Propulsion Craftsman (Current Employee), McGuire AFB, NJApril 18, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: terrible supervision
The people I worked with are by far the best co-workers I have ever had.
Productive environment, stressful at times
Security Forces Member (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXApril 18, 2014
hardest thing about security forces is the command
I've learned how to take apart weapons, firing them, and cleaning them. I also learned deployment tactics, military law, and civilian law
Love the work here
Maintenance technician (Current Employee), Pope AFBApril 18, 2014
Pros: good expierence and training
Cons: reservists don't make enough money for the military to be their only job
I am a traditional reservist. Now that I am home from training I will only being doing one weekend a month and two weeks a year at my base. I will be needing full time employment and does not have to be related to my military career.
Best experinece of my life
Human Relations/Honor Guard Specialist (Former Employee), Randolph AFB, TxApril 17, 2014
Joining the United States Air Force was so much more that I could ever ask for from life. I learned how to be a great follow, leader, and but most importantly, how to make things go great no matter what.
Not a bad life
Shift Supervisor/ Manager (Current Employee), Little Rock AFBApril 17, 2014
Not a bad life...if you're willing to be a slave to the military lifestyle.
fun
Noncommissioned officer in charge (Current Employee), Barksdale afbApril 17, 2014
It was fun and very busy. I enjoyed it. There were alot of really nice people and I got the chance to associate with many different types of military officials.
The Best Job Ever
Global Reach Communication Manager (Former Employee), WorldwideApril 17, 2014
Pros: serving my country
Cons: rank advancement
It was my great pleasure to serve honorably for 20 years in the United States Air Force. I was able to serve my country and uphold all of the freedoms that we find necessary to live as well as see most of the world doing it!

A typical day started at 5 am when we were outside in all types of weather conditions conditioning our bodies through physical – more... training. Our day could be filled with routine tasks or high priority projects so every day was a new challenge. The great thing about the military was that you were always doing new things and facing new challenges.

In the military I was taught everything about who I am today and what I can provide for someone or some company going forward. My superiors were fantastic and helped to make me who I am today. I am still in contact with most of them if that gives and indication to the type of people they were and are. My co-workers were great and from all sorts of different backgrounds so we all had to learn to work together to become a strong team.

The hardest part of my job was doing our jobs while under austere conditions. The most enjoyable part of my job was when the mission was successful. – less
N/A
IT Service Center Manager (Former Employee), Ellsworth Air Force Base, South DakotaApril 17, 2014
Air Force management of the structure of it's IT assets made it difficult to accomplish even the simplest tasks sometimes. I had some very hard working people working for me. They did everything they could on a daily basis and were left feeling helpless in many cases.
Great stepping stone
Central Storage / Material Manager (Former Employee), Minot AFB, NDApril 17, 2014
Diversity
Team work
Obtain experience for stress management
ok
Security Fprces (Former Employee), Moody Air Force Base, GAApril 17, 2014
crazy work schedule but overall a good company managers didn't really manage
Productive, great atmosphere
Information Systems Manager (Current Employee), Martinsburg, West VirginiaApril 17, 2014
Pros: 30 min lunch breaks, 1hour of gym time
-plan and organize meetings
-purchase anything that needs bought using the government purchasing card
-review files
-check file plans
-type up Memorandums for the commander
- check the mail
-inventory on all electronics in the building
This gave me a direct oppurtunity to help, I loved it!!!
Lead Supervisor/Data & Business Analyst (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSApril 16, 2014
Pros: helping people and learning new, difficut and technical infrmation
Cons: long hours, tons of work, and sometime thankless patients and staff
- serving two thousand patents a day
- Biology, chemistry, anatomy and physiology, patient relations, customer service, team work, professional networking
- Senior management
- A great group of people to work with
- Long hours an mountains of work
- Helping people was the most rewarding part of the job
fast paced
Medical Technician (Current Employee), Tinker AFB, OKApril 16, 2014
some days it is great and other days it is not so great. the hardest part of the job was simply dealing with so many people who were not always the most respectful of what you were trying to do for them.
United States Air Force
Unit Education and Training Manager/E-6 (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXApril 16, 2014
As the Unit Education and Training Manager, I managed 100+ personnel records, conducted and organized training and monthly meetings, met with overhead leadership monthly to discuss progress and training, administered testing, and conducted job evaluations. I loved that job because it allowed me to interact with all my co-workers, and I was able to train – more... and help them whenever they needed. I would say the most difficult part of the job would probably be maintaining over 100 records, but I created a database that helped me organize and keep things in order. – less
Corporate Military
Human Resources (Current Employee), ColoradoApril 16, 2014
Pros: if you are an under-educated enlisted, the pay is great to compared to the civilian counterpart for most career fields.
Cons: health care is no longer a free benefit, tricare is more like another other insurance company.
The Air Force is more like a business than the other branches of service. The Air Force has a healthy balance of military, civilian and contractors that work together (just like the branches of service).

At headquarters level and working for a detachments, it seems separated from the normal military operations, and is more transformed into an office – more... like environment. – less
Excellent Organization full of High Caliber Professionals
United States Air Force Officer (Current Employee), Tinker AFB, OKApril 16, 2014
Pros: excellent environtment, high caliber professionals, job satisfaction
Cons: time away from your family when deployed
Great place to work for with high caliber professionals. Great benefit package. Nothing better than serving and protecting your country. Great job satisfaction. Opportunity to travel the world while performing worthwhile missions.
A Way of Life
Public Health Technician (Current Employee), GERMANYApril 16, 2014
The military is a way of life. Its not just a job. I've had an overall great experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more