U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,998 reviews matching the search
Overall decent, Lacks expertise
Cyber Transport Technician (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILJuly 30, 2016
I was able to gather OJT for my career. The management was awful and lacked experience. I was unable to pursue a technical career in the air force.
Pros
OJT, benefits
Cons
lack of experience, regimented lifestyle
War Reserves Manager
War Reserves Manager (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILJuly 29, 2016
The work environment was great. I learned how to work with people from various cultures. My coworkers were always very supportive and we were helpful to each other if we needed assistance. I managed over 33 War Reserves accounts. At times I had to travel and I was absent from my family for weeks at a time. With young children, it was difficult to be apart from them. I enjoyed meeting new people and traveling to various places.
Pros
Salary and a great group of people to work with
Cons
Extended amount of time away from family
Great location on Florida's Emerald Coast
Cyber Transport Systems Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tyndall AFB, FLJuly 29, 2016
Tyndall AFB is a great area for outdoor activities and many support agencies on the base are there to provide support for those who wish to take part in them.
Pros
Great Beaches, Benefits, Paid Vacations
Cons
Big workload for smaller force, funding, over-competitive rating system
Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTJuly 29, 2016
I loved working for Hill Air Force Base. I was able to make good connections in the military community and it taught me life long skills.
It was a job...
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  GAJuly 28, 2016
Not my favorite time, but it wasn't the worst either. I thought the leadership could be improved. I left because it wasn't the right fit for me.
Serving one's country is an honor, not a job
Master Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2016
The military is not a dumping ground for misfits, slugs, or the child parents could not raise correctly. If you want to become a tradesman or professional, then you will be trained. If you CAN be a warrior, you will be trained.
Sub-par work environment.
Avionics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks Air Force Base, NDJuly 28, 2016
Management failed to provide sufficient training to new airmen. There was a sense of comradery however, as coworkers were sometimes willing to help newbies pick up the skills they needed.
Great company
SERE (Former Employee) –  GAJuly 28, 2016
Great experience and lived life faster and fuller than most people will get the chance to do. One of the best experiences
n/a
Material Management (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJuly 28, 2016
Working in the Air Force is great. You get to meet new people with different backgrounds and you also get to travel the world. My favorite thing about the Air Force is physical training also known as PT.
Great Job
Intelligence Specialist (Operations/Humint) (This (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2016
As an Intelligence Specialist for the US Army I found the time to be almost as good as being on Active Duty...in some ways better. During this period the 513th MI Bde turned our office over to the Army Operations Group (AOG) which was good but would have preferred remaining with the 513th.
My past experience
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDJuly 28, 2016
Serving my country in the United States Air Force will always be one of the proudest most rewarding experiences. I have worked many jobs from entry level to management. The best part of working was helping my fellow Airmen and military brethren and their families
Great Benefits, Horrible Culture
Cryptologic Language Analyst (Current Employee) –  GlobalJuly 27, 2016
If your home life is important to you, don't join the military. There is a 17% retention rate at my current duty station and the Wing Command Chief Master Sergeant came to tell us (in summary), "It is the way that it is because the Air Force is getting the overall results that it wants. Don't expect your work or home life to get better."
Pros
Steady salary, regular eventual promotion opportunities
Cons
Work culture, slowest promotion rate of all military branches, leadership, leadership development, work environment
Productive workplace that helps people daily
Core Laboratory Non Commissioned Officer (Current Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NEJuly 27, 2016
Can be tedious day to day, but it's healthcare so you get to help people. Management can be disconnected at times. You get really close to your co-workers. You might end up deploying with them.
serving our country
Food Service and some Administrative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2016
work, work, work
learned that we were there to make a difference and serve our country with no regrets
hardest part of job was getting deployed and leaving my son as i was a single parent
most enjoyable was seeing the rest of the world, new cultures, meeting people, and different menus
benefits
Cons
leaving loved ones to go do a job
Something you have to try for yourself
Cyber Transport Technician (Former Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NEJuly 27, 2016
Military life is not for everyone and I am not going to just kid anyone by saying that everyone should do it. I have learn many valuable skills and gain a lot of life experience in my travels with the military. In my career field it was dull and exciting at times. Some of most exciting time was when I was turn loose on a problem and was told to solve it and given just a deadline. Along with a reminder that whatever method I used should be one that is within regulations.
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer Chief Aircrew (Former Employee) –  Kirtland AFB, NMJuly 27, 2016
USAF Special Operations Flight Engineer, the best 21 years of my life. Many friends were made and the no man left behind was how we lived.
Pros
Friendship
Cons
Long Hour
productive learning experiance
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  McConnell AFB, KSJuly 27, 2016
-A typical work day for my job field was never predictable, I constantly had to think on my feet to manage situations within the workplace
-I learned to be responsible and very careful
-Coworkers were easy to work with
Opportunities for longevity and experience in multiple job areas.
Military Service Member (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 26, 2016
Stable job security with a dedicated populous, education and training provided, professionalism-emersion and saturation, situational awareness on many levels.
Pros
Many benefits for living standards and medical/dental avenues.
Cons
Much time spent away from family.
Air Force
Structures Engineer (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJuly 26, 2016
Ive learned a lot in the Air Force, people are great to work with, I enjoy my job and everyone works together.
the hardest part about the job is getting orders to get deployed for 4-6 months. It'll be hard on having a family.
Most enjoyable part is that you can see the world, not many people can say they been around the world in a couple years.
Pros
Learn alot
Excellent place to work and learn a great trade while serving your country.
Supervisor/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJuly 26, 2016
A typical work day would be to arrive early for work and figure out what all needed done for the day. Make sure all machines were in operational condition. Account for all tool and equipment make sure nothing was left on a plane. One great thing I learned from this job is to learn from those around you. Everyone has a different way of doing things. Always listen to the more experienced people you work with the learn what they have learned over the years. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you are part of something bigger then yourself helping people all over the world. Also you get to decided how far you go and advance in your career.

4.6