U.S. Air Force

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 8,467 reviews matching the search
Very relaxed work environment
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEFebruary 6, 2016
Positive people, very close knit community. I loved the experience. But i could have done so much more to be successful.
Easy
RF Transmissions Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Worldwide LocationsFebruary 5, 2016
Great co-workers that you will form lifelong relationships with. Good benefits. Steady paycheck. LOTs of off time (holidays, leave, family days), EASY to stay in. People get too complacent.

Deployments are hard mentally and physically; away from family and friends for long periods of time and poorly compensated for risking your life.

Leaders are chosen by a test, not by judgment of character or leadership abilities.

Lots of little BS that can be tolerated for so long before it's time to move on.
usaf
Public Health Manager/ Training Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 5, 2016
serve your country serve your term. education benefits are great, however if you dont have a job where you dont have free time you will find it hard to go to school
high stress rewarding job
Fuel system mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 5, 2016
typical day when there was an aircraft to work on would be to seal up the hangar and prepare to open up fuel tanks. Put in the ventilation to remove the fuel vapors. Gain entry to tank then find the spot that was leaking so it could be removed and repaired. after repair's were completed the aircraft would be towed out of the hangar and put back out on the flight line to be ready to go back for mission readiness. Everyone worked as a team to accomplish the same goal in a timely manner. you learn the importance of team work and finishing job's before deadline's are up.
Pros
Government Benefit's
Cons
long hrs and long work week's
great job with excellent benifits
Munitions storage and assembler (Former Employee) –  DODFebruary 4, 2016
nice working environment and a great place for benifits, coworkers were always a positive part of the day. the hardest part each day was the actual work portion in the maintenance career field
Its the Military
COMBAT CONTROL OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Pope AFB, NCFebruary 4, 2016
I loved being in the military. I dedicated six years to my job and country. I deployed without question and followed orders. My men trusted me and followed me without question. I would not take one moment of it back.
Very professional enviroment
DoD Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed my time while I was enlisted in the united states air force. A normal day at work would consist of coming into work to friendly faces and we would knock out as many medical work orders as we could in a day.
Excellent way of life
Communications Electronics Maintenance Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLFebruary 4, 2016
I really enjoyed the day to day responsibilities of working the equipment and fellow soldiers. My day was organized and my work load acceptable. The hardest part of the job was the deployments and time away from family.
Pros
excellent way of life
Cons
deployments
Great way to kick off a career
Public Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Various duty locationsFebruary 4, 2016
Leadership is great and growth opportunities are abundant. The highly structured nature of training and development ensures everyone has equal opportunities to advance.
Great
Nondestructive Inspection Technician (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMFebruary 4, 2016
Great experience, I loved working around a good team of people that motivated me day in and day out. Ready for new experiences!
my most rewarding job
Satellite Readout Station Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buckley AFB, COFebruary 4, 2016
Being part of the United States Air Force was challenging, but most rewarding job i have ever had.

The military teaches you how to work with people with all different backgrounds.

The military will give you a wide range of opportunities to grow, and learn many skills.

The Air Force gave me a sense of accomplishment.

In many occasions you will make friends for life.
Pros
stable work, constant training, and sense of accomplishment
Cons
hard to balance family life
Challenging environment
Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  F E Warren AFB, WYFebruary 4, 2016
You can be challenged and have many opportunities to learn and grow. It can be difficult to balance work/personal life but once you find what works for you everything will fit together.
Amazing experience
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 4, 2016
After serving 10 years in the military, or anywhere, you will come across all of the good, bad and the ugly. My experience in the military has had many ups and downs however, I have always loved and enjoyed being apart of the worlds best Air Force. Working in law enforcement no day is the same or typical. There wasn't really any "hard" part of the job, the overall military life is taxing so for those who don't last long mainly have a hard time adjusting. Once you pass that portion of military life it is relatively easy. The most enjoyable part of the job is having people around you that you can depend on even in the most dire circumstances.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
very long hours
Amazing Experience
Weather Forecaster (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NE and Bossier City, LAFebruary 3, 2016
I learned a lot about my self while serving in active duty for my country. It was an amazing experience. The hardest part of the job is clearly the deployments to combat zones. I had the most amazing co-workers in the world. All of them are like my brothers and sisters.
Pros
Benefits, 30 days paid vacation per year
Cons
Relatively low salary, schedules
Teamwork is essential
OPTHALMIC/OPTOMETRY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  South Patrick, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Being a part of this great country and serving the american people. Providing the care our pilots need to stay in the air.
Pros
SERVING THIS COUNTRY
Cons
NONE
Military
Fuels Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 3, 2016
The United States Air Force gives people a career with training and benefits. Medical and Educational benefits are outstanding.
Busy, Time Consuming, and Great Opportunities.
Maintenance Management Analysis/Database Manager (Former Employee) –  world wideFebruary 3, 2016
The Air Force is a great branch to be a part of in the military. A typical work day in the Air Force was very busy. We worked anywhere from 9 to 15 hours usually Monday through Friday. We are taught how to be very productive and manage our time wisely. My coworkers were tolerable. You have people from all walks of life working next to you, so it was a great way to network and understand how other people may do certain things. The most enjoyable part about the Air Force was the travel. I served 6 years and three months and got to travel to 21 different countries.
Pros
free food, medical, travel
Usaf
DISPATCH DESK SERGEANT Dispatched Law Enforcement (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2016
The United States Air Force is a great the people that you meet are great and networking is great. I enjoyed every minute of the Air Force
Productive and fun workplace
Aerospace Propulsion Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Randolph AFB, TXFebruary 3, 2016
One job that will always be a part of me. Proud serving my country and working besides the finest men and women from different parts of the country.
It was an amazing experience. I had the chance to see the world and defend my country.
Avionics Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Texas, Mississippi, JapanFebruary 2, 2016
Working for 12 hours around a family type of work place so the time went by so fast. i learned honor, respect, how to work in a group. My co-workers where like family. The hardest part was leaving, but every minute was enjoyable.
Pros
fighting for my country
Cons
N\a

4.6