U.S. Air Force
7,210 reviews

U.S. Air Force United States Employee Reviews

An adventure with great benefits
Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge Plans/Schedule (Current Employee), Hampton, VAApril 22, 2015
The Air Force has been a great adventure. Ive been all over the world and had experiences that you cant get anywhere else. Ive made friends that will last a lifetime and learned invaluable professional skills that I look forward to taking with me to my next adventure!
My summary
Material/Logistics Management (Former Employee), Various PlacesApril 22, 2015
Pros: Health and education benefits
Cons: Management
Enjoyed my time serving in the Air Force. So much, that I choose to continue serving in the National Guard. Liked some of the people I got to work with and I will miss the countless experiences I had during my time in active duty. The leadership and core values are what I live up to now, mostly because it was instilled in me whilst serving. I really can't complain, it was just time to move on.
Fun place to work
Military Pay Technician (Former Employee), Schriever AFB, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: Pay
I retired from the Air Force. I enjoyed working there because it was always different. The jobs were a challenge and nothing was ever the same. The co-workers were great people to work with.
A pefect lifestyle
Trainee (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, guaranteed paycheck, defending the country
Cons: Being away from family
Once you enter the military it becomes your life. You have to be on time and work with a sense of urgency. The hardest part is being away from family and friends back home. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you're doing something important for your country.
most interesting 20 years of my life
supply computer specialist (Former Employee), different locations around the globeApril 22, 2015
Pros: got to travel and meet interesting people around the world
Cons: sometimes we worked 10 and 12 hour days
worked in computer rooms in supply squadrons around the world. helped customers with any computer problems, including installation of new programs, ran and printed out computer reports for base squadrons.
High Operations Tempo Organization with great benefits
Captain - Civil Engineer Officer (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 22, 2015
Pros: Health Care, compatitive pay, benefits
Cons: long hours, relocating every 3 years, high ops tempo deployments
Incredible management experience but limited as far as design engineering experience. Great networking opportunities and family benefits.
US Air Force
Network Administrator, Cyber Systems Operations (Current Employee), Minot, ND; Belgium; Niagara Falls, NYApril 22, 2015
My nearly 9 years in the USAF have been the most beneficial and rewarding professional experience to date. I have received in depth training and experience in fields ranging from Law Enforcement and High Priority Security and Asset Recovery to Aircraft Maintenance to my most recent training in Network Administration and IT Security.
Dining Facility Finance Manager (Former Employee), Lakenheath, England and Holloman AFB, New MexicoApril 22, 2015
Great work place, you get to meet people on a daily bases good and bad. Travel is always a plus when you get to se different parts of the world.
Challenging, Productive, and Patriotic
Aircraft Maintenance Technician C130 (Current Employee), Pope AAF, NCApril 21, 2015
Challenging;
The Air Force possesses training to enable Airman with the ability to encompass diversity of cultures, backgrounds and personal interests to reach common goal of patriotic duty.
Productive;
Air Force has a vast amount of challenges to face with the tasking of global missions to complete without excuse or the option to fail. With the accepting of the tasking the Air Force has proven to produce units to meet and exceed the requirements.
Patriotic;
The Air Force primary mission is to defend the Constitution and the people of it, with diplomacy and military application when necessary.

What a great way to live and work.
I would recommend.
Postal Specialist & Healthcare Manager (Former Employee), England & TexasApril 21, 2015
Pros: Vast array of benefits
Cons: Bureaucracy
Great for anyone leaving high school. Left with loads of experience and memories. Opportunity to meet many different people, experience different cultures, learn new trades or get better at the ones you're already experienced in.
Serving for a day
Security Forces Journeyman (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 21, 2015
Typically work was 6am to 2 pm for me, however being that we have to arm up and get pass ons on events that occurred prior to shift we would have to be at work 2 hrs early. Depending on where i was working for the day, i would be greeting peopl at the main gate, sitting in that alarm room watching perimeter, mobile patrol, or guard U.S. assets.
It is what you make it
Bomber MICAP Supervisor (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAApril 21, 2015
Working in the military is a job but of course has its own qualities and downsides just as any other job. You receive extensive training in your career field as well as other training to assist you in everyday operations.
It's the military... Most unique work experience in life.
Fuels Specialist (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 21, 2015
Pros: Job security, being physically fit, ability to travel the world.
Cons: Deployments, dangers CONUS and OCONUS, minimal pay compared to burger-flippers, time away from family and friends.
Being in the military is NOT for everyone. It's the most physically, mentally, emotionally, and psychologically demanding work in the world. Hence, less than 1% of the U.S. population ever serves; I was one of these few.
Great Opportunity
Airman First Class (Former Employee), F E Warren AFB, WYApril 21, 2015
I loved being in the United States Air Force. The Air Force taught me skills that should transfer into the civilian world but the only downside is the transition from military to civilian.
Great Learning Experience
Commander Assistant (Current Employee), Incirlik AFBApril 21, 2015
-Fast pace
-Attention to detail
-Fun
-Family oriented
-Great medical and education benefits
-Traveling Required
-Great experience
-Work holidays
It's the military
Security Forces Journeyman (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 21, 2015
It's the military. If you have the will to succeed then there is no limit to what you can accomplish. Great pay and benefits, great structure, and travel. Not for the weak minded.
Loved it, best decision of my life
Fuels (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 21, 2015
If you have a clean cut record and want to challenge yourself, join the Air Force, best decision of my life. Definitely look into joining since this economy is constantly in the tank.
Depends on your job
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Craftsman (Former Employee), U.S.April 20, 2015
Pros: Leave and Pay
Cons: Deploying often
Life in the Air Force depends highly on the job you choose. You could be working the flight line fixing aircraft, in the back-shop repairing parts, or you may have other jobs like Supply, Medical, Support, Aviation Management, Weather Ops, Combat Ops, or an Aviator. Your hours and management are decided and based on your job career field. However, we all complete a mission, "To keep our nation safe!" The time spent in the service provided many opportunities to excel and become a better person educationally and financially. You do not make millions, but you make enough to stay for the retirement and the end benefit. You meet many people, some become good friends, lovers, and some you lose at war, but most of all you are all family. No matter who you are, when you are in uniform or out a military member knows they are part of a tradition. Initially most enter for college or a job, but those that stay, ended up staying because we love the mentality, workmanship, and the joy of travel. Those that leave early, typically pursue jobs similar to the military, as they are built/born for the challenge and lifestyle. After being in the service for many years you become a great leader, because you are taught to follow and taught that every new unit or location you go to, you have to prove your worth. It is not a free ride for many, so many say different, but you have to earn your stripes and you have to prove you are ready to be one of the best. Those that excel fast will show true leadership and are thrown into the lead role with the chance to make it to the next level. If they fail then their mentor failed, therefore, most succeed or try their hardest not to let anyone down because they not only have themselves to hold accountable, but they have the unit, the wing, and possibly the whole country on their back.
A true life changing career
Protestant Chaplain (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 20, 2015
Pros: Excellent work and benefits.
Cons: Time away from family
I worked with great people and visionaries. I had a chance to learn from people of various backgrounds. I enjoyed world travel and living in various cultures. I learned a lot about leadership and mentoring others. I had a chance to practice management at every level and to see great management practiced at every level. The hardest part of the job was uprooting; The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing a common mission. There was not a typical day.
Its the military
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2015
It all depends on your AFSC. Some career fields have longer days, some have significantly shorter days. Supervision can make or break an assignment.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries