U.S. Air Force
6,576 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Different work everyday good change of pace
Aircraft Mechanic and Service Technician (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: benefits, over seas pay is great
Cons: depending on shop and location can be toxic work enviroment
Being an aircraft mechanic my day was surrounded by planes.
USAF offers many career choices
Great Opportunities
Deputy Chief, Plans, Prgms and Special Studies Div (Current Employee), Lackland AFB, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: healthcare, retirement benefits
Cons: needs of the air force
I have enjoyed my 12+ years in the Air Force. I have met a lot of great people over my 4 assignments that have helped me along the way to becoming an effective leader. The hardest part of the job is being away from family; however, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to travel all over the country and world.
The Military - Great Choice
Senior Level Management / Trainer (Former Employee), Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: politics
Hard work is rewarded based on leadership. Greatest experience is serving the country and the camaraderie of peers.
Best experience a person could have.
Security Forces/Military Police (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: knowledge and experience.
Cons: none.
This job taught me more discipline then anything I could ever ask for. I learned tactics, duty, responsibility, and integrity. I learned to bust down doors, breech, weapon systems, and combatives.
Loved serving
Security Forces Specialist (Former Employee), Moody AFB, GAJanuary 28, 2015
serving in the military you get to see the world meet new people
Very Good Exerience
Contract Religious Education Coordinator (Current Employee), Minot AFB, NDJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: flexibility of schedule
Good leadership, strong programs, wonderful work atmosphere. Everyone works really well together and there is no fear of retribution if you have an idea to present or want to seek change to a process or program.
A great honor to serve
Network Administrator (Former Employee), South DakotaJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great opportunity for learning, advancement, and technical application
Cons: very strict lifestyle.
Although my experience with the USAF was short lived, it was an amazing opportunity to serve my country as part of their cyber team.

Things could have gone better, yes, but serving in the USAF allowed me to learn about a technical aspect, safely, that I had not thought I could do before then. They paid for my technical schooling while I was in, and I'm able to continue that schooling now that I'm out.
Serving your country
Telephone Equipment installer and repair (Former Employee), Coco beach, Fl.January 27, 2015
Pros: the pride in serving my country
Get up and go to work. I cant tell much all classified. The people where great.
Productive learning environment
Airman (E2) (Former Employee), McGuire AFB, NJJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: hour lunch break.
As i sat down at my computer I would be given a to do list. From helping members with their enlistment bonus. Or helping a member find out what they needed to do in order to achieve the next rank. Management did a great job in teaching me how to do different things.
Every day was something new
Air Transportation / Team Chief / Hazardous Cargo (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: always learning
No two days are the same. Getting to travel the world. Being able to do the job in any kind of situation or conditions. You learn how to work with people of different backgrounds. It truly was an adventure.
The most fulfilling thing you'll never want to do
Lead Collection Operator (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GAJanuary 27, 2015
I loved my time in the Air Force. Yes, there were times when it sucked. Deployments sucked. Early morning Physical Training sucked. But every day I went home with a great sense of who I was and what my purpose was. I was part of a group, part of a family. Things have never been the same as when I was in. Don't get me wrong, it pays terribly. But if you are an intelligent individual who is okay with needing to do some volunteer activities to succeed, then you'll be fine.
Very rewarding to support our dedicated men and women in uniform-Leading edge technology-Securing America's Interests
Adjunct Chief Technology Officer C3I&N PEO (Current Employee), Hanscom AFB, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: mission oriented environment
Cons: large bureaucracy, non agile processes, antiquated policies not matched to current operational environments
I am at the tip of the spear in selecting,vetting and transitioning war winning capabilities and leading edge technologies that will provide an edge to our dedicated warfighters in their fight against terrorism and Cyber warfare.

I have learned to always open the aperture on the range of possibilities (environments, technology trade space and human capital) in my quest of possible solutions to a particular situation.

I believe in empowering and practicing open and genuine communication with my team members,suppliers and stake holders.

The most difficult part of my job is dealing with the cumbersome bureaucracy and antiquated policies that the DOD has in place governing the adoption/acquisition of cutting edge technologies.

The most enjoyable aspects of my job is being tasked with a vexing UON (Urgent Operational Need) that requires timely resolve where I engage my team and we discuss the art of the possible, engage known (and unknown resources) to find and deliver a solution.
Upbeat and Productive Workplace
Cyber Transport Supervisor (Current Employee), Joint Base Andrews, MarylandJanuary 27, 2015
Key duties include:

- Providing telecommunications support for Presidential mission, White House Comm Agency & 84 partner units
- Maintaining $155M voice/data wide area network & DoD's largest 30K-line multifunction switch system valued at $27M
- Coordinating operational matters w/ Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) & commercial communications offices
- Configuring, testing and repairing voice systems, LAN cables, connected terminals, hardware & patching equipment
- Customer service, planning, and scheduling
Challenging and Rewarding
Superintendent, GE Propulsion Programs (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAJanuary 27, 2015
I have 26 years experience in the US Air Force within the industry of propulsion maintenance and management, aircraft production and working with dynamic teams. I have experience with seven engine production lines and two aircraft productions and have won multiple maintenance and management awards. I pride myself as a strategic thinker, adaptability, solving problems and working with teams.contract maintenance and aircraft refurbishment.
Honed leadership and quick decision making skills
Integrated Defense Program Manager (Former Employee), Scott AFB, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: health care, retirement, lasting mentorships
Cons: war, deployments, long hours
Serving in the Air Force has been a very rewarding experience. I was selected to serve in a career field where there was a potential to make life or death decisions daily. As an operations officer in security forces you are responsible for the safety and security of an installations as well as safeguarding million dollar aircraft.
Weapons System Controller (Former Employee), FloridaJanuary 27, 2015
8hr work days, various paces from demanding to slower paced.
Team minded and high task list. Must be responsible. Hardest part is the time away from family and loved ones. Most enjoyable part is being part of a productive and respected entity.
Fast paced environment
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Multiple LocationsJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: comraderie, team environment and mentorship.
Cons: separation from family during deployments
Typical work day between three 10-hour overlapping shifts with daytime being the busiest. Constant training of new employees as part of career requires relocation of personnel. I developed great relationships with my co-workers. In turn I developed an advanced sense of cultural relations as we are from different parts of the United States and countries around the world. The hardest part of the job was deployments and relocating to new locations. I enjoyed being part of a moving part of a larger mission which was constantly changing.
Great job.
Executive Administration (Former Employee), VariousJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: hours
Great job to serve your country. Great people and honorable co-workers.
Air force
Computer operations Technician (Former Employee), midwest city okJanuary 26, 2015
I enjoyed the time i spent in the Air Force and what I was able to learn and some of the people I met are now friends for a lifetime.
Fast Paced Team Environment.
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Craftsman (Former Employee), Minot, NDJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: work on wide variety of airframes, and a wide range of people.
Cons: duty locations not always desireable.
A typical day started getting to work 15 minutes early, and reading about the previous shift work. This helped gain an understanding on what needed to be accomplished for the day. Managing people, and resources was instrumental to day to day operation of the shop, and required constant change as directions from higher up personnel.

I learned a great deal while serving in the Air Force, both personally and professionally. I learned how to lead and motivate people, as well as fine tuning my people skills to accomplish the task. This for sure, was the hardest part of the job, but at the same time the most enjoyable when a subordinate made a personal achievement.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more