U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,818 reviews matching the search
This was the best occupation I have ever had!!!
Mail Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDJune 25, 2016
Working in the Air Force was so much fun. I really regret it sometimes that I left early. Getting to do what I really have a passion for mail operations and other administrative titles I held. I would definitely do this kind of work if given the chance to do so again.
Great opportunities , great experience.
Aircraft hydraulic & Pneumatic Specialist (Former Employee) –  U.S.A , Europe, Azores.June 25, 2016
Great opportunities, great experience, great friends, the military is perfect for instilling discipline , drive , and lots motivation. The Air Force is the very best out of the four branches. I will always be a very proud Airmen .
Pros
Great opportunities, great friends, great experience, wonderful travels.
Cons
Being part of the Key Management Division at Lackland Air Force Base has been a rewarding experience.
KMI Last Mile Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXJune 24, 2016
A typical day at work consists of 2-3 meetings, and interfaces with personnel from various disciplines.
I've much about Systems Engineering, and the AF Acquisition process.
Management is very patient, understanding, and appreciative of the product(s) we provide.
Co-workers are helpful and respectful. Everyone is willing to go the extra 'mile' to get the job accomplished.
The hardest part of the job is getting the requisite documentation through the system.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a product out the door that you know will benefit the warfighter.
Awesome experience
Aircraft Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 24, 2016
My experience in the USAF was extraordinary! I traveled the world, met phenomenal people, loved my job as an aircraft maintenance specialist. Just a wonderful overall life experience.
A Great Career
Contracting Officer (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 24, 2016
A place that you understand service before self, integrity and excellence in all you do. This organization has afforded me with so many opportunities to start a second career.
Exciting and interesting occupation, at times a real adrenaline rush
Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2016
Most personally rewarding part of my working career, I love working on something with critical tolerances and awesome power. There is nothing quit like working in an environment were nearly everything you do is important and others are relying on you know your job.
Then there is the added experience of being near a jet when the engines are powered up, it rolls down the runway, then lifts up into the sky.
Pros
travel, knowledge, responsibility
Cons
wage freeze
Attention to detail
Aviation Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Grissom Air Force Base, INJune 23, 2016
This job is very meticulous and detailed oriented. Attention to detail is very crucial and can jeopardize ones career, pay, and overall well being.
Good Opertunity
Water and Fuels Systems Maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Utah, Korea, Iraq, CaliforniaJune 23, 2016
Great Opertunity for any young person looking to do more then just go to school. They will pay for your schooling all while paying you to work and learn. Great oppertunity to advance and improve your skills not only as a person but as well as a team member.
Great place to be
Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory(PMEL) (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJune 23, 2016
I learned so many things in the Air Force. You will become a better and more productive individual when you go back to civilian life. Schools are great and prepare you very well to do your job and this goes along with on-the-job training. Benefits are great but you have to make sure you know how to use them so you don't waste them. Over all I think it is a great place to be.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Camaraderie, Schools and Opportunities
Cons
Management, a lot of non-sense rules, benefits are fewer and fewer as the time goes by
Great experience, loved protecting American lives.
Sensor Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2016
My career in the United States Air Force was an amazing experience. As a Sensor operator i was able to accomplish many things unseen by the public eye. I had an amazing opportunity to save lives and protect the freedom of the United States.
Greatest Decision Ever!
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILJune 22, 2016
The Air Force is a great opportunity and job, but it's definitely not for everyone. The money is good! It's the perfect place to adopt a new family. The hardest part would definitely be deploying and being away from family.
Military
Systems Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXJune 22, 2016
sometimes you get a good chain of command sometimes you get a bad chain. the benefits are always great and they will get you training and will learn things. military is a stressful life though
Air Force
Program Manager / Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 22, 2016
The Air Force is an excellent job for any personnel who wants to get a broad breath of experience and technical knowledge. While there are issues, like with any job, the pros out weight the cons.

The level of responsibility a person can acquire is unmatched and the benefits are amazing.

The hardest part of the job is the Air Force owns you and your time. While the Air Force is very good about giving you time off and working with your preferences; at the end of the day you go when and where the Air Force needs you.

Overall great experience.
Pros
Great medical, pay, 30 days time off a year, unique experiences, responsibility
Cons
Freedom of choices
Great work experience
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 21, 2016
Great source of work experience. Never the same typical day always something new to experience from the work place. Constant changing of enviroment.
Great work experience
PMEL (Current Employee) –  Luke AFB, AZJune 21, 2016
This was a great work experience for me. I had the wonderful opportunity of travelling while expanding my technical skills in a career field that does not have a traditional schooling program. The Air Force has given me a set of skills I would have never imagined having.
It was an educational experience, and a great honor to represent the US
Fuel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 21, 2016
It was a great honor to service my country during my time in the AF. I enjoyed my service in Lybia, Spain, Malta and the US. I put fuel in all types of vehicles from cars to Titan II Missiles
Structural jounryman
Structural Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOJune 21, 2016
It was hard work, but showed me discipline, showed me customer service, and the ability to be a team player.
Good hours and well placed jobs, gives you benefit for school and medical.
Pros
medical benifits
Cons
poor communication
Security Manager/Emergency Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLJune 21, 2016
Working with the US Air Force has given me the opportunity to better myself and my career by instilling in me the experience and education I wanted.
Good Culture
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 21, 2016
Very good working place this was not a company the air force was the customer, but as a contractor we had a good relationship
United States Air Force
Intelligence Officer (Former Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHJune 21, 2016
Excellent place to work. Excellent benefits. A typical day begins at 06:00 - 14:30 with a 30 min lunch. I learned how to lead people and work as a team to accomplish the mission. I was trained in computer software and security. I was selected for numerous advanced schools in the Air Force. The Air Force is committed to providing the best educational opportunities for all its members.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other highly skilled and educated professionals.

4.6