U.S. Air Force
5,491 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Great chance to travel and see the world
Fire Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Around the GlobeAugust 27, 2014
Pros: benifits
Definitely a life changing experience. I would recommend it to anyone looking to serve their country.
USAF
Digital Network Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: stable hours, set lunch times, strong teamwork to accomplish tasks, professionalism in the workplace.
Cons: n/a
I go into work and we reviewed intelligence/productivity gained over the previous shift to set goals for the next shift, afterwards I would go about my daily obligations then set out to complete short and long term goals needed for productivity. We worked as a team and everyone was very professional and managed time well. The hardest part of the job – more... were quick deadlines to complete a task however it wast also the most rewarding once accomplished. – less
Poor place of employment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Schriever AFB, COAugust 27, 2014
Position had no direct specific supervision. Department had little direction and support. Position did not meet career goals.
Great life learning experience.
Food Services Specialist (Former Employee), Eielson AFB, AKAugust 26, 2014
Pros: benefits, teamwork, order, discipline.
Cons: hours and balancing your regular life and work.
In this job I learned a lot about life management along with other skills more focused on the specific job. You grow up and completely become an adult in the military life. You learn how to be quick, have great attention to detail, take action in hard, stressful situations, within other great skills and abilities that are instilled within you.
Providing customer service to the highest of my ability while serving my country.
Personnelist (Current Employee), Peru, INAugust 26, 2014
Pros: healthcare, culture, gains a plethora of experience, job security
Cons: distance, hours
Supervises and performs personnel activities and functions, including personnel action requests; source documents;
unit, field, and master personnel records; and Commanders Support Staff (CSS) tasks. Interviews and classifies airmen
and officers. Advises on career progression. Updates military personnel data system (PDS) records. Manages Air Force
retention – more... programs, assists military personnel in making career decisions, and advises on benefit programs. Ensures
compliance with personnel policies, directives, and procedures. – less
Great experience with excellent job satisfaction!
Security Forces Team Leader (Former Employee), Malmstrom AFB, MTAugust 26, 2014
Pros: cheapest insurance around, free housing and a 401k program.
Cons: frequent travel, inconsistent leadership and lack of freedom
I won't talk about a typical day because everyday is a little different than the one before. I can tell you that the experience is well worth it as long as you're willing to work at it.
you learn a lot about leadership if you're willing to apply the effort. you learn more about followership if you're not. Every career field is different, but in mine – more... i learned about security and the principles involved with maintaining resource/base defense. I also learned how to design policy that reflects these principles into action. and though it does tend to get boring you have the opportunity to meet people, and the people are the best part! I will never meet a more diverse/interesting group of people, which was one of the hardest reasons for me to leave.
The hardest part of the job is constantly leaving but you get used to that like you do all other contents of life. That and you must give up some liberties that most other Americans enjoy. But as i said before, the people make the job awesome! You take care of them and they take care of you, the purest concept of a team. People i met at my first base are still some of my best friends and that was ten years ago. However, the satisfaction of knowing you're on a team of that magnitude, with so much importance resting on you and your success will be a defining experience for all who are willing to put forth the effort! – less
Project Manager
Cyber Intelligence Watch Officer (Current Employee), san antonio, txAugust 25, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: location
Project manager for intel projects. Managing several enlisted troops as well.
Oppotunity for education/great comraderie with members/travel opportunities/structure/family oriented
Logistics Management Supervisor/Technical Sergeant (Former Employee), Various Global locations Japan, Korea, GermanyAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free health care and affordable for family/travel opportunities/training/career progression
Cons: short notice deployments/ less family time/standy duty
I enjoyed my years with the Air Force which gave me many opportunities within my career. This organization really gives you a sense of purpose and motivates you to take pride in what you do. There was career progression and growth, traveled to over 15 countries, and accomplished advancement in education. Had the opportunity to work with some awesome – more... leaders who have mentored and continue to mentor me. When weighing in on the cons, there are times when you will be away from family as well as dealing with short notice deployments or tdys. There are some trade off's for sure. Although i enjoyed my time, i would like to venture off and learn some new skills sets in the civilian sector. – less
Attention!
Airmen 1st Class (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: strength, discipline and knowledge
Perform any and every task order by superior officer with complete full effort and without fail.
United States Air Force
Non-Commissioned Officer (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 25, 2014
Pros: pay and travel
Cons: non
Great pay and a world of experience!!!!
Multiple areas to advance in.
Outstanding life expeirence
Security Forces Member (Current Employee), Travis AFB, CAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: work expeirence, travel, fight for freedom
Cons: never home
In the 9 years I have been enlisted I have had many expeirences come my way and I appreciated every one of them.
Productive high paced customer service area
Client Systems Technician (Current Employee), Scott AFB, ILAugust 25, 2014
High customer service area. Lots of phone calls and work requests being called in and fixed. Remote assistance or face to face assistance.
Very good place to work
Table Worker (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 25, 2014
Learned very good warehouse skills and social skills. work as a team
Lots of great work experience
All-Source Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Shaw AFBAugust 25, 2014
I am grateful to the United States Air Force for introducing me to the field of IT, which has become a life passion for me.
Outstanfing Training and career opportunities
Senior Master Sergeant (E-8) (Former Employee), MultipleAugust 25, 2014
Pros: people, travel opportunities
Cons: can have long hours, deployments
The US Air Force is a great opportunity to learn a great technical career, advance your education, travel the world, learning to be a leader.
The benefits are great and the satisfaction of serving one's country beats anything else you can do. The people you work with will typically be friends for life.
Great opportunities
Health Care Administrator (Current Employee), multipleAugust 24, 2014
Great place to work. More opportunities than you could imagine. Just need to take advantage of them
United States Air Force
UNIT DEPLOYMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), OhioAugust 24, 2014
The Air Force has taught me many great life experiences. The way that they push each Airman to become their best is unlike anything I've found in the civilian sector. If you want to enrich your life and achieve things you never thought possible then the Air Force is for you.
Excellent learning expierence
Material Management Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDAugust 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: away from loved ones
Excellent learning expierence. Got to travel the world and meet many great people. Overall, it was wonderful.
Team work and mission oriented
Personal Trainer and Wellness Coach (Current Employee), Columbia, South CarolinaAugust 24, 2014
The YMCA is steeped in Christian values. That said, we are a family oriented organization geared toward helping everyone while providing a safe haven from the face pace of the world. My typical day consist of interacting with our patrons. I also train them and help them reach their fitness goals.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxAugust 24, 2014
Great travel Life and community. Great place for a career and opportunities.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more