U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 13,334 reviews matching the search
Great Time
Airman First Class (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 27, 2017
While my time in the USAF was cut short due to an injury, my time with them was a great experience and I'm glad I was able to be a part of the team for the time I was.
Air force
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCMay 27, 2017
You work for the government and will be gone a lot. If you don't mind being away from family and friends and want to see the world this would be the job for you
Disiplined Work Place
Security Forces Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CAMay 27, 2017
Hard working, long hours, challenging. must be disciplined and ready to work. Military culture everyone you work with is family and you must look after each other.
Great experience
Security Forces Member (Former Employee) –  Luke AFB, AZ 85309May 27, 2017
I loved working for the Air Force and loved all the challenges and opportunities I experienced within the last 6 years.

I learned so much about how the military operates.
Great organization with meaningful mission
Maintenance Group Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home A F B, IDMay 27, 2017
Opportunity to work worldwide to provide solutions to problems facing the country. Provides a wide variety of jobs, promotion opportunities, and family programs.
US Air Force
Cyber Systems Operator, System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAMay 27, 2017
Great opportunies, benefits, lifestyle, and networking.
Opportunities to serve and travel.
Benefits on education and mentoring.
Active and healthy lifestyle.
Meet new people and expand career networking.
Fast-Paced environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Pentagon, Washington D.C.May 26, 2017
The Air Force is the BEST job ever!! A fast-paced environment that makes you proud every day to serve your country and look forward to every day on the job!!!
It's the Military. It's what you make of it
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Seymour-Johnson AFB, NCMay 26, 2017
It was ok. You work and go home. They want you to do community service and volunteering but i never did. It's great if you're in it for the benefits. made alot of great friends. met a lot of terrible people as well
Pros
Great benefits, Paid leave, get every national holiday off
Cons
some higher ranked people suck
Satisfying work
Installation Deployment Manager (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Pearl Hbr Hickam, HIMay 26, 2017
A typical day at work is ensuring cargo and personnel are prepared for deployments throughout the world. Training and coordinating processes for all movements to ensure well qualified personnel and cargo are delivered on time.
Worthwhile Experience
Military Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2017
Looking back over my 20 year career, I can truly say that the military was a great life changing experience. The one thing that I miss being in the military are the people that you meet which will be eventually be lifelong friends.
The AF Life
Structural Technician / Sub-Amp Manager (Current Employee) –  Beale AFB, CAMay 26, 2017
I love what I do as a structural Tech!
I was paid to travel and excellent benefits! Management had its amazing days and its not so amazing days! A pretty strong brotherhood between co-workers. The hardest part of the job is being away from family. The most enjoyable is the new places I was able to see and to be able to build stuff and see what I could accomplish.
Pros
Travel, Medical
Cons
Management, EPR system is flawed
good starting point
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  anywhereMay 26, 2017
Great to do your 4 years and leverage them for bigger and better things. The workload is ever increasing while resources and personnel are on the decline.
Fantastic Experience
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Little Rock AFB, ARMay 26, 2017
I have dedicated 30 years of service to the United States of America through faithful and dedicated service. I would encourage all young people to serve and learn self discipline and focus.
Great career
Master Sergeant (Former Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJMay 26, 2017
I learned a lot and had a chance to see and experience things I never would have imagined before. After 20 years, I feel equipped to transition back to the civilian sector.
Loved my time in the Air Force
Senior Airman (E-4) (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCMay 26, 2017
I enjoyed the time i spent in the Air Force. The only thing i did not like is the same thing everyone does not like about the military, having to spend time away from your family.
The military life is not for everyone.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  U S A F Academy, COMay 26, 2017
The hours are longer than a traditional career, but they benefits can outweigh the extra time spent at work. The Air Force has a particular culture and some bases were great, others not so much. It just depends on the person and what their goals are.
Work day expectations
Tactical Air Control Party Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYMay 26, 2017
A typical day at work you can find me staying productive whether it is staying proficient for my joint terminal attack control qualifications or studying Air Force Techniques Tactics and Procedures. I try to maintain a positive and professional attitude toward my job task and fellow coworkers on and off-duty. I am always willing to go the extra mile to get the job done right and on time.
Pros
Stable work environment, good coworkers, good pay and benefits
Cons
job location
Fun
Industrial hygiene technician (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDMay 26, 2017
fun, go out and do surveys for 60 percent of the time. Most of the time spent working on data and communicating with shops. Interesting work to do but if they could pay little more.
Best time of my young life
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSMay 26, 2017
The US Air Force is the way to go. If I had a little more self discipline back when I was in, I would've never gotten out. Small work envrionment, Close knit community
Typical Day
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMMay 26, 2017
Don't really know what the day will bring sometimes it can be hectic and other times it can be a very slow day. You will learn something new everyday if you set yourself to wanting to advance in your position and making this a career.
Pros
Housing, Healthcare
Cons
sometimes work long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5