U.S. Air Force
6,546 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Productive and Rewarding Career
Personnel/Customer Service (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Throughout the workday you experience new challenges and new customers. Typically, everyday I would process evaluations, awards and decorations, leave, pay, and inprocessing and outprocessing members. I learned a variety of customer service skills such as: face to face, verbal and written communications. Everyone in my section pulls their own weight and helps out each other when needed. No one is left in the dark and everything is communicated to each other. The hardest part of the job would be deploying and being away from my family up to 6 months at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job is all of the people that you meet and all of the challenges that the day brings. No day is ever the same and there is always something new to learn.
Life Changing
Superintendent (Current Employee), NEJanuary 25, 2015
Best thing I have ever done. Great benefits, travel and knowing you are serving your country.
Challenging but rewarding
Training Monitor/ Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: hour long lunch breaks
Cons: relocation, and restricitions
A typical day at work was either keeping up air craft maintenance or scheduling appointments and sending out emails to co workers. I learned a lot about maintenance and electrical systems as well as computer systems. Management was great and effective. There was a camaraderie between co-workers. The hardest part of the job was constant relocating. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I would always have job security and feeling like part of a team.
U.S. Airf Force
Program Manager Element Chief (Former Employee), Andrews Air force baseJanuary 25, 2015
Rewarding and fufilling working with the individuals in my building.Great mentors co-workers. The hardest part was leaving abd most enjoyable part was coming in everyday.
Quite an excellent experience for all ages who want to serve
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Victorville, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: all inclusive education, encouraged continued education, travel
Cons: political regarding management, authorized personal grooming only
Great all around experience as a Surgical Technologist, as well as, military training.
Great Experience
Sergeant (Former Employee), World WideJanuary 24, 2015
Served our country_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Productive, Fun and Efficient team of brothers
Flight Chief (Former Employee), Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio TXJanuary 24, 2015
Conducted small arms training for 250 + Basic Training Airmen daily. I learned to be an effective leader and managed 17 of the best weapons instructors in the Air Force. Co-workers worked together daily to achieve a common goal. Demanding work hours in inclement weather was the hardest part, but leading those instructors and working hard to get the job done and accomplishing it at the end of the day, hands down most enjoyable part.
Hurry up and wait
Unit Safety Represtative (Current Employee), Beale AFB, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Just like people hear, hurry and get everything done so that you can wait for the Military to do thier part, which can take a long time. But as a paycheck it is steady and predictable.

Normaly spend 8 hours at the office, changing tasks from training unit members to conducting inspections. Occasionaly had to do menial tasks like mopping floors, or other kinds of 'busy work'.
It's the military
Lt Col (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: Great people dedicated to excellence
Cons: Random management swings, long deployments
Travel Opportunities
Evaluator In-flight Refueling Craftsman (Current Employee), WAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: very autonomous work style
Cons: low pay for level of responsibility
Not the hardest work but does require a lot of self motivation.
Developed great friendships with great comrads......
Sargent (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: friends and ethics....
Cons: away from family for long periods of time....
The veterans in the USAF were great, hard working people who respected one another for the jobs that each one did. Leaders were tough like with any Military group, but we learned life lessons and developed great friendships. I got to see different parts of the world which I probably would never have seen had I not been in the USAF. This was one job that I can say that I was glad to be a part of.
Secure position with advancement opportunities
Electronics Engineer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Opportunity to develop professional skills through both upward and lateral opportunities
Rewarding & Priceless Expirience
Broadcast Producer/Public Affairs Specialist (Former Employee), Luke AFB, AZJanuary 23, 2015
During my four years serving on active duty with the United States Air Force as a Broadcast Producer and Public Affairs Specialist, I was blessed to both serve my country and learn invaluable skills on a daily basis. Both the military aspect and the job aspect of working in the public affairs field of the U.S. Military is something I will always be grateful for and highly recommend.
Best job I ever had
Logistics Flight Commander (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: getting to go places you never would have otherwise
Cons: politics
I have been in the AF for 12+ years and it has been a blast. I would recommend joining the military to anyone that has any sense of patriotism. There were long days that I thought would never end, but there have been more times that I had to stop and say to myself that the normal ordinary everyday person would never get to do any of the things that I was doing on an every day basis. The best part of the job was the people you get to work with. You may have to be in a place where you do not want to be, but the people you work with make it all worth it.
Highly professional and experience rich enviornment
Network and System Admin (E-5/SSgt) 6-Years (Former Employee), Little Rock AFB, ARJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: healthcare, paid leave, retirement, promotion, education
Cons: reassignment, deployments
A typical day at work cannot be simply described. It was such a dynamic work environment that provided a multitude of opportunities to grow and temper my technical competencies. Challenging projects we always available. This included a multitude of things such as operating system migration deployments through system center configuration manager, active directory management, vulnerability assessment, conducting vital network change orders from our supporting agency, new technology file systems, CommVault support, SQL Server, and much more.

I learned so much and I an so thankful for this chapter of my life. The camaraderie, leadership roles, and customer service skills I have received were incredible. It diversified my life with the many colorful people that I met and worked along side with. Ultimately it helped me come out of my shell as the shy, introvert that I was. To this day I'm extroverted and very sociable as compared to my past self in 2009.

I would have to say the hardest part of the job was handling some of the incidents that would occur. At times you will be required to spend time away from your family/friends to ensure the mission got taken care of. That to me was the most difficult part.

I really enjoyed every aspect of the job. The amazing military benefits and learning opportunities added a great stability to my life. I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in the IT field with the Air Force.
Good place to work with good benefits.
Law enforcement, Response Force Leader (Former Employee), Scott AFB, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack of rotating shifts.
As a Security Forces member I worked the mids shift from 6pm-6am.

I provided security for base personnel and equipment.

Leadership looked after us and cared about us.

My co-workers and I were able to work well together and accomplish our mission.

The hardest part of my job was being away from my wife who was also a member of the US Air Force, but in a different career field. We worked opposite shifts for the entirety of both of our enlistments.

The most enjoyable part of my job was serving my country and community.
24 Years
Superintendent, Integration & Network Operations (Former Employee), ALJanuary 22, 2015
For the truly dedicated, and loyal Americans, this job is for you. Lots of training, responsibility and respect.

Sure moving every 3 years was tough, but how many people can say they lived in Hawaii or Guam, even Portugal. If you are really interested in seeing the world while earning a degree and a paycheck. Then this is the job for you.
ER WPAFB
Aerospace Medical Technician (Current Employee), WPAFB, OHJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: no lunch time, its either busy or really slow.
Cons: great people, great enviroment.
A typical day at work consist of checking the ambulances and making sure that they are fully stocked and operational, according to Air Force standards.
Teamwork makes any job worth waking up every morning...
Classified Network Manager (Current Employee), Moody AFB, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: learning new technologies and incorporating it to everyday duties.
Cons: long business trips and paperwork...but that's everywhere you go!
Working on networks had been the most enjoyable part of my career. When you have a team of workers who are not afraid to learn new technology, it makes performing everyday duties a breeze. Managing and training individuals and seeing them succeed is always a pleasure. Hardest part of working classified networks is attention to detail and accountability, but once you get used to it, it becomes second nature. I have learned to stay positive, keep morale in the work area above average, take time to ensure your co-workers are in good standings.

"A depressed link in the work force can bring an entire mission down...always strive for teamwork and mentoring."
Professional and effecient.
Weapons Director & Surveillance Technician (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLJanuary 22, 2015
As a mobile radar unit, we worked diligently together with operations and maintenance during exercises and real-time. I worked as a weapon's director with fighter pilots assisting them with missions, air to air refueling, and safety airspace calls.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more