U.S. Air Force
6,298 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

High paced, adventurous environment that requires dedication and commitment
Communication/Navigation Technician Specialist (Former Employee), GlobalDecember 20, 2014
A typical day of work on the flightline starts with turnover from previous shift and learning the workload of the day. There are several different daily jobs and duties required to keep the flightline moving. On any given day, you could be fixing discrepancies, being on alert for launching aircraft discrepancies, or taking care of miscellaneous shop – more... duties and management to name a few. From day to day life I learned how to manage my time in order to juggle the work I had to accomplish, my training and personal management, and all additional duties. I also learned the value of dedication and hard work, I do not leave a job until it is finished. I should not fail to mention the pride I now take in my craftsmanship. – less
Military
RF Transmissions Systems Technician (Former Employee), Wahiawā, HIDecember 20, 2014
Personal life and work balance was almost nonexistent. Highly stressful, management did not care at all about their people. NCO's had their own agenda and seemed to only do things their way regardless of how it affected their people.
Great experince
Medic (Former Employee), TexasDecember 20, 2014
Great experience, the benefit are great specially medical services. great career choice
Enjoy patient care
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 19, 2014
Pros: helping patients
Cons: no breaks
12 hour shifts, 5 days per week. Pulled call for the OR. Learned how to handle critical situtations in the OR and Post Anesthesia Unit. Enjoyed all the different types of surgeries and helping the patients recover.
Hardest part of any job in the medical field is when you lose a paitent.
I love taking care of patients and their families.
typical day at work
transportation manager (Former Employee), washington dcDecember 19, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: long hours
no two days were the same, most days started with physical fitness in the mornings followed by briefings on what was scheduled for the day, training was ongoing for deployments and the normal work still had to be accomplished
A day's work
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee), Suitland, MDDecember 19, 2014
A typical work day is dealing with employees for an eight hour day period. Also, interacting with guest. Making sure that my employees are following AAFB standard in cleaning the hotel rooms. The hardest part of the job ensuring that we do not have any guest complaints. The most enjoyable part of my job is the teamwork and commitment we have for the – more... guest and agency. – less
Productive Career.
Parachute Rigger (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYDecember 18, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: having to leave home from time to time
Can not give a much information. Although being in the United States Air Force has help me develop a better way of interacting with people from all over the world and understand how other people operate which has helped me in my civilian employment.
Proud to serve
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Sumter, SCDecember 18, 2014
Proud to have served my country. Paid training. Travel opportunities. Paid high education program. Best learning experience around. Advise others to serve and enjoy. Opportunity to meet others from all walks of life.
Customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee), AlbuquerqueDecember 18, 2014
customer flow can average from 400 to 2000 daily all with different needs. all needs must be net in a timely manner and still with quality customer service and care. i learned time management, how to set priorities, follow rules and regulations. followership is just as important as leadership qualities. always greet the customer with a smile and be – more... positive in every situation. do not rush into things without thinking. – less
Provides life skills with unbeatable experiences
AGE Flight Chief (Branch Manager) (Former Employee), Korea and CaliforniaDecember 18, 2014
Amazing job training that translates into college credits, college reimbursement, world wide travel and competitive pay...it is hard to beat a job that provides the opportunities of the Air Force.
Serving Our Country Was Awesome
Airman (Honorably Discharged) (Former Employee), GeorgiaDecember 18, 2014
Awesome, no real complaints, it was the military the best branch at that. I would recommend joining the Air Force to anyone, only advice is to know what your job title is prior to enlisting. DO NOT GO IN UNDER OPEN!!! But do go in!!! All in all, best choice I ever made.
Freedom
Senior Airman (E-4) (Former Employee), APO,AEDecember 18, 2014
Pros: traveling the world. serving my country. meeting new people. growing stronger.
Cons: deployment
The most rewarding thing ever achieved.
Management made me the hard-working, ambitious person I am today.
The hardest part of serving in the Military was deployment training because that meant our lives were being put at risk.

I learned to be punctual, professional,respectful and respected.
Crew Chief
Dedicated Crew Chief (Former Employee), Abilene, TXDecember 18, 2014
Primary role of inspection/scheduled and unscheduled maintenance/servicing. Supervised 5 troops with the responsibility of supervising all under my rank. Sent around the world on missions and deployments.
Steady Work
Student of advanced electronics (Former Employee), Biloxi MSDecember 18, 2014
Really learned a lot about electronics and troubleshooting
Job with security.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Glendale, AZDecember 18, 2014
Pros: health care and g.i. bill
Cons: long hours
There are many jobs in the Air Force and just like any other big company there are hard ones and easy ones. My job was fulfilling, but the hours were not ideal. Depending on the career field, it can make it hard on a family. You have to be very flexible so everything at home has to be in order. Your shifts can change at any moment. Most people will – more... try to help and have your back, but you can only help so many, The best part of the job was always when it was steady and normal hours. You always feel more fulfilled when you can get more done a the hours given. But sometimes you get stuck doing other shifts work and being there for 14 hours and then no one gets along anymore and management is so new they don't know what to do to help yet. The Air Force is going through some changes and some of us are going thought the hardest part of it. People are being moved around from office to office or section to section every 6 months and right now its not healthy, but I hope that someone knows whats happening and that this is for the better of the companies future. – less
It's Military Service
General Purpose Vehicle Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Barksdale AFBDecember 18, 2014
Great training opportunity. There's no limit to the amount of personal growth or success you can achieve. The Job training and learning opportunities offered are almost limitless. Trains and assists you for when your service is over. Everyone should consider this to better themselves.
It was an experience I'll never forget
Munitions Systems Journeyman (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLDecember 18, 2014
Pros: workload, benefits, friends
Cons: inexperienced airmen, unqualified staff
For the 5 years that I was active duty, I probably had more experience with so many different environments than I've had in my life. The friendships, the workload, the sense of duty is just a few of the things I would never forget. From the creation and building of munitions, to driving on flight lines being within inches of running engines and air – more... crews was the chance of a lifetime. – less
Always busy but very rewarding
Supply Clerk (Current Employee), South CarolinaDecember 18, 2014
Love my job in the Air Force.
I enjoy working in the supply field.
There is always something new to learn about either my job, management or standards.
I like to stay busy so there is always something to do.
The hardest part of the job is the 6 month deployments away from my family.
Very upbeat and productive work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Valdosta, GADecember 18, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: deep cleaning
Being a housekeeper was not easy whatsoever. There is alot to learn, and do. I enjoyed the management, and the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job was just keeping up with the Air Force standards of cleaning.
Great learning experience
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Travis AFB, CADecember 17, 2014
The best life experience I ever had. I wish they did not cut there budget or else I'd go back in.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more