U.S. Air Force
7,229 reviews

U.S. Air Force United States Employee Reviews

Fun.
Security Forces Journeyman (Former Employee), Pope AFB, NCApril 25, 2015
Typical day at work, everyday is something new. Loved it. I learn how to interact with various sorts of people. I managed no Troops at that point and time. I loved my co-workers, we all had the same agenda, "work hard, play hard." The hardest part of the job was shift rotations. The enjoyable part was just being out and about in the community with the people.
Fast Paced and rewarding
Water & Fuels Systems Craftsman (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDApril 25, 2015
Pros: Good pay, comradery
Cons: Long hours, seperation from family
Fast paced and rewarding career that teaches you thing that you would have never learned as a civilian on the outside. Learn to work as a team and also how to think on your feet.
Great Experience
Services Journeyman (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTApril 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Stability, Friendships, Infinite Learning Opportunities
Cons: Crazy Shifts, No Such Thing As A Holiday
I loved the experience being in the United States Air Force. It gave me an opportunity to travel, be a part of a new extended family, and learn great skills that still follow me in my everyday life. I miss being active in my Air Force Community.
26 Years and loved it!
RECRUITER (Former Employee), 78236April 25, 2015
Pros: Friends
Cons: Missing Family
Cannot say anything bad at all about the AF. Loved being a cop and loved being a Recruiter. Time away from the family was not good, but it is the military.
Good Place
Medical Technician (Current Employee), Robins AFB, GAApril 24, 2015
Join the Air Force its a great job with healthcare and benefits. You get to go all over the world and get the best training while meeting new people.
Military Career
Information Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Exciting Career
Cons: Long periods away from family.
I am very proud of my service in the Military. I have life long memories and friendships from my time in the Air Force. I traveled the world and enjoyed the challenges that the Military offered. I developed a strong disciple and respect and patience from the military. I am dependable and have a strong moral center. I have enjoyed working with all different types of people from all over the world. I mostly worked with Information and Accounting, but also was trained in all other military requirements. Excellent adventure for a career choice.
Typical Air Force Days
Geospatial Analyst (Former Employee), U.S. Air ForceApril 24, 2015
Fast tempo, panama shift. Loved the people, loved the location, loved the job. I would go back in a heartbeat if I could. This was the best year of my career so far.
Fast Paced, Organized, Multi-tasking and productive work place
Trainer (Current Employee), Robins AFB, GAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Excellent medical, retirement, awards, co workers, teamwork, satisfaction
Cons: losing qualified applicants
I am now a Trainer at our Headquarters because I was always successful as a recruiter and I am supposed to be able to show new and seasoned recruiters how to be more successful when they are out in the field.

I try to let them know they actually have the power to change an applicants life on the positive way. How much of an impact you can have just by being forward, truthful and confident with what you do. Once you do the right thing, next you will see applicants referring people to you only because you have shown integrity. When someone sees the perceived value of what you are showing them and they take full advantage of the opportunities that are laid out in front of them. Then next you know their careers take off and they promote up the ranks. To me that is the most enjoyable part of the job. That you as a recruiter can change a life just by simply doing what is right.

Our jobs are tough enough but when recruiters come off as desperate, pushy, and just lie; all recruiters are guilty just by a stereo type.

When a qualified applicant comes in they already have a negative opinion about you. You need to over come a barrier because the applicant already just does not trust you. Its even worse when the applicant brings in someone that did serve in the past and they did not like their experience in the armed forces. You need to be in control of your emotions and just simply explain how the process works and win over that trust. That is one of the hardest things I ever had to do.

Your leadership skills and knowledge of your competition should always win over someones trust. But if an applicant is not ready to commit he is not a qualified applicant.

All of my co-workers have to deal with the same thing everyday. We support each other and make sure our mission is met just by using the Air Force Core Values
It was a great experience.
Airborne Cryptologic Linguist Apprentice (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2015
Pros: Very diverse culture, plethora of benefits, and the opportunity to serve your country.
Cons: Advancement may be easy enough for responsibility to be given to some unfit.
The Air Force takes care of their airmen. Airmen are guaranteed an environment and workplace that promotes their health: mental, physical, emotional, and even spiritual.
Summary of USAF
Aerospace Ground Equipment Journeyman (Former Employee), Barksdale AFBApril 23, 2015
Pros: Great beneifits
Cons: Distance from family
My time in the USAF was a great experience. I loved my job and the close knit bonds I made working with others. Hardest part of my job was being away from my family because of deployments, TDY, etc.
VERY FAST PACE WORK ENVIRONMENT.
Tactical Aircraft Maintainer (Former Employee), Shaw AFB, SCApril 23, 2015
Pros: GREAT MEDICAL BENEFITS. TRAVEL FAR. BUILDS CHARACTER AND HELPED ME MATURE AS A MAN.
Cons: SUPER LONG WORK HOURS. WORKED OUTSIDE
LONG HOURS, SOMETIMES WE WORKED BETWEEN 10-13 HOURS. NON CLIMATE CONTROLLED. VERY HIGH STRESS RATE. AND INJURY RATE. WORKING WITH AIRCRAFT WAS A DIFFERENT BEAST AS FAR AS ANY OTHER JOB IVE HAD
No better way to spend 20 years than to serve our amazing nation
Superintendent, Operations (Former Employee), Tyndall AFB, FLApril 23, 2015
Traveled the globe many times over providing our American presence and airpower wherever and whenever it was needed. Unique learning experiences that have shaped me as a leader, a manager, and a person.
Greatest opportunity of my life
Staff Sergeant (E-5) (Former Employee), CONUSApril 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits, training, opportunities
Cons: Work/life balance, political beurocratic culture
Flight crew member.
Superior training.
Work travel opportunities.
Multiple deployments.
Excellent benefits.
Job stability.
Variety of opportunities.
Respectful culture.

Very process and form oriented.
Too many meetings for the sake of having meetings.
Non-existent work/life balance.
Political environment.
Salary based on rank versus contributions.
Contract.
Fun. Adventurous. Strict.
Vehicle Management & Anaylsis (Former Employee), Altus AFB, OKApril 23, 2015
Pros: great
Cons: government control you
Vehicle management

Experience working with different races, travelling different states, learning a lot about logistics and vehicle management profession.

co workers we're great! Wonderful experience.

Strict rules and conduct. Government dictates you.

Wonderful experience
An adventure with great benefits
Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge Plans/Schedule (Current Employee), Hampton, VAApril 22, 2015
The Air Force has been a great adventure. Ive been all over the world and had experiences that you cant get anywhere else. Ive made friends that will last a lifetime and learned invaluable professional skills that I look forward to taking with me to my next adventure!
My summary
Material/Logistics Management (Former Employee), Various PlacesApril 22, 2015
Pros: Health and education benefits
Cons: Management
Enjoyed my time serving in the Air Force. So much, that I choose to continue serving in the National Guard. Liked some of the people I got to work with and I will miss the countless experiences I had during my time in active duty. The leadership and core values are what I live up to now, mostly because it was instilled in me whilst serving. I really can't complain, it was just time to move on.
Fun place to work
Military Pay Technician (Former Employee), Schriever AFB, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: Pay
I retired from the Air Force. I enjoyed working there because it was always different. The jobs were a challenge and nothing was ever the same. The co-workers were great people to work with.
A pefect lifestyle
Trainee (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, guaranteed paycheck, defending the country
Cons: Being away from family
Once you enter the military it becomes your life. You have to be on time and work with a sense of urgency. The hardest part is being away from family and friends back home. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you're doing something important for your country.
most interesting 20 years of my life
supply computer specialist (Former Employee), different locations around the globeApril 22, 2015
Pros: got to travel and meet interesting people around the world
Cons: sometimes we worked 10 and 12 hour days
worked in computer rooms in supply squadrons around the world. helped customers with any computer problems, including installation of new programs, ran and printed out computer reports for base squadrons.
High Operations Tempo Organization with great benefits
Captain - Civil Engineer Officer (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 22, 2015
Pros: Health Care, compatitive pay, benefits
Cons: long hours, relocating every 3 years, high ops tempo deployments
Incredible management experience but limited as far as design engineering experience. Great networking opportunities and family benefits.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries