U.S. Air Force
7,049 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Summary- Air Force
Knowledge Operator (Current Employee), LacklandMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch great staff
Cons: Seasonal training
Knowledge Operator
x
ICU Clinical Nurse (Current Employee), Travis AFB CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: x
Cons: x
Very rewarding position working with the Military Retirees..an absolute honor. Excellent leadership here and well managed units. Supplies are always available and if needed the supply clerk will order samples on-request. The physicians are very professional and approachable.and always available when needed.
A great place to work.
Fuels Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Minot, NDMarch 28, 2015
Working in the worlds #1 Air Force gave me a great sense of mission accomplishment & being. I learned that nothing is impossible with the right attitude.
Great
Functional Area Manager (Current Employee), Bossier City, LAMarch 27, 2015
Great way to establish a career and serve your country, while traveling throughout the world see many different cultures and getting an education.
Air Force work ethic
Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Eielson AFB, AKMarch 27, 2015
In my 11 years as an active duty Air Force structural craftsman I gained a great amount of knowledge and experience. As I progressed through the ranks, I was challenged with greater responsibilities and leading teams to complete tasks that were assigned to me. I always rose to these challenges and gained a great leadership mentality and ability to get the job done on time and 100% correct.
Amazing Start on life
Safety and Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 26, 2015
The air force is definitely worth it if you are getting into it directly after high school or college. I think that the management skills they instill on you is well worth the sacrifice of joining.
Structured
E-3 Airman 1st Class (Current Employee), Knob Noster, MOMarch 26, 2015
Pros: structured
Cons: away from the family
The military broke me down then molded me to where they wanted me to be. There is nothing wrong with that. I enjoyed my time during active duty with the military. It was very structured and organized. That has stayed with me even after going inactive.
Productive and Professional work place
Apprentice air transportation (Current Employee), Homestead, FLMarch 26, 2015
Working in the Air Force has really helped me in improving my life style by making me a hard worker, very punctual, and making the Air Force core values my own. Those core values are, Integrity, Service before self, and Excellence in all we do.
Great Opportunities
MANAGER/SUPERVISOR/MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), various duty stations state side and overseasMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Beneftis
Cons: being away from family for extended periods of time
The effort you put in to the day is the reward you receive when you finish the day. It is more than just a job, it is a way of life. To be at the beckon call of the country for its defense is an ultimate responsibility that cannot be taken lightly. I was in charge of many and served under many. There are amble opportunities to change your destiny. If you desire to travel, you can. If you choose to change careers, you are able. I retired in 2001 and many things have changed since then, but one thing remains constant. The pride of serving the greatest country in the world will always be the same.
Man Up!
Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Craftsman (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Being a Man
Cons: Having to be your best
Join the AF! The best of the best are there waiting for you. Stop fooling around at some lame job and go get some real skills! Get educated, get experience, get a real job, make some money, and live a good life; this is the result of joining the AF!
Great Opportunity
Deputy Program Manager (Current Employee), Rome, NYMarch 25, 2015
Serving in the U.S. Air Force was a great opportunity! I feel honored to have been part of such a terrific organization. While there are aspects of the service I believe needs to be changed, overall, my good experiences far outnumbered the bad.
working with other people in both the public and US Air Force
Contracting Officer (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Working with others
Cons: Long hours
During my 13 years of working with Government contracts, I Prepared bidding documents by entering and retrieving information from the Department's software programs. Collects all pertinent special provisions, including appropriate wage rates, group ties, general conditions, special conditions and agreements for inclusion in the contracts. Reviews and checks for errors on all applicable special and standard plans, accuracy of quantities, stationing, conformance and legal and departmental requirements. Types all kinds of materials and specifications conforming with standard specifications, highway construction plans, computations, memorandums and special provisions submitted by the department's licensed engineers and consulting engineers for highway and building construction projects. Processes documents and information pertaining to the bid process for posting on the department's website. Checks and processes detailed cost estimates and project agreement estimates. Performs final review on all highway and building construction documents before release to the contracting industry. Processes addenda and issues to prospective bidders. Orders plans and issues bidding proposals to contractors enabling them to submit bids on highway and building construction projects. Creates the electronic bidding file for posting on the website for each letting and processes these electronic bids on letting day into the department's computer system. Trains and instructs contracting industry to use agency required electronic bid software. Assists in letting day activities. I'm a team player and was a First Sergeant and Superintendent of Contracting Squadrons of apout 40 – 50 people
Allowed for personal and mental growth
Public Health Technician (Current Employee), Altus, OklahomaMarch 25, 2015
Situations I dealt with in the Air Force have more than improved my mental sharpness, situational awareness, and stress management skills.
United States Air Force
Aircraft Electrician (Former Employee), McChord AFB, WAMarch 25, 2015
My gained experience working with the United States Air Force as an Aircraft Electrician was an experience well gained. Working hand in hand with the worlds best heroes, working as one to get the job done was essential.
Phenominal Opportunity to serve your country
Surgical Services Flight Chief - Master Sergeant (Current Employee), San Antonio TexasMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Excellent training and growth potential
Cons: Time away from family on deployments
If you are seeking a rewarding job where you realize that you have helped someone get better...than a surgical technologist in the AF is the job for you.
Enjory working with the members.
Command Support Staff (Current Employee), Andrews AFBMarch 25, 2015
A typical day of work is starting off with everything going go then issue start coming out and we are pushing forward on getting them completed for each of the members. I have had to learn to set all item on an importance level and work form the the top dow. Hardest part of the job is watching co-workers who work here not performing there duties and not reallly caring what is happen to the members only worried about thereselves. The most enjobable part is when all the members have everything that they need to imporve themselves and that we have helped each and everyone of them.
Challenging
Weather Forecaster / Records Custodian (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTMarch 25, 2015
This job is based off shift work. There is room to travel and relocate. Although it can be hard to guess the future when you do it is highly rewarding.
It's the military.
AEROSPACE MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCMarch 25, 2015
Easy to progress if you follow guidelines and do what you're told. Stay out of trouble and work hard and you'll love it. Great pay structure; housing allowance for the area you live in and food allowance. Awesome benefits. One downfall is working salary instead of hourly due to the volume of work you have sometimes. But not different than many other jobs.
Services Men and Woman
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Working with the miltary
Cons: Limited clientel
I enjoyed this job I was able to work with Men and Women of the military service. Providing advice on upkeep of their hair and skin while service the country .
GREAT RELAXING
VEHICLE MECHANIC (Former Employee), Patrick AFB, FLMarch 25, 2015
REPLACE VEHICLE COMPONENTS ISOLATE MALFUNFTIONS
BRAKES, STEERING, DIAGNOSTIC, HVAC, ELECTRICAL, LIGHTING, TIRES , ALIGHNMENTS

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries