U.S. Air Force
6,824 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Great training opportunities
Security Forces Journeyman (Former Employee), Beale AFB, CAFebruary 27, 2015
You have the chance to get as much or as little training as you want. You can better your job knowledge and get further education while in if you are willing to work hard for it.
Great life experience
Crew Chief (Former Employee), Edwards AFB, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Hard work and dedication to serve your country on a daily basis no matter what the job task is in front of you. Being able to work on aircraft like the A-10, F-22 and F-16 was the greatest experience I could ask for while serving my time in the USAF.
Best Choice Ever Made
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: excellent
I am so grateful for The Air Force. It gave me a direction in life like no other. There I picked up a sense of purpose with a variety of skills that will be utilized for a lifetime
Very creative job opportunty
Security Forces Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 27, 2015
I loved being in the Air Force. Meeting new people and traveling was a great experience. The hardest part of the job was basic training and after this training was the best that I could experience until later. I learned a lot. Attention to detail, patience and discipline. My co-workers were great and I would do everything all over again if I were 20 again.
Dedication and Hard Work go a long way
Avionics Electronic Warfare Systems Technician (Former Employee), Shaw AFB SCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: close friends and a seance of meaningfulness
Cons: long hours and hard work for little praise
Not an overly stressful job. It taught me a lot on how to manage and relate to people of diverse backgrounds and how to follow and lead correctly. For the most part the people associated with my area of expertise were kind and supportive in there own way. But the hardest part of the job is understanding that its not over when you get off of work. The best part of the job would be the people associated with it, they are overwhelmingly supportive when you need a friend.
Proud to serve
Instructor/Instructor Supervisor (Current Employee), Sheppard AFB, TXFebruary 26, 2015
military culture is changing and hard to determine whether its for the better or worse at this point. Sometimes the Air Forces plan does not match up with our own lifes plans
Invest in your future
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Luke Air Force BaseFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: training, pay, environment
Cons: frequent moves and deployments
The United States Air Force is a highly professional organization that provides unparalleled training and support to its members. The benefits and compensation for serving until retirement can't be matched in today's corporate environment.
Review
Airman (Former Employee), n/aFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Loved being in the military. The overall treatment throughout the ranks was fair. Would rejoin and work for this career again in a heartbeat. Good people and well educated.
Serve you country well
Instructor Loadmaster (Former Employee), McGuire AFB NJFebruary 26, 2015
It is a experience if I had to do over again, I would do it the same way, you learn a lot about yourself and other cultures from around the world, Air Force is the only way to serve.
Great place to mentor and build subordinates
Flight Chief (Former Employee), GloballyFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: around the clock work schedules
This is a great place to be if you want to travel the world, get a great education, and build lasting friendships. One can start at the entry level and progress with time to what ever rank or position they can throughout testing and performance appraisals.
32.5 yrs of enjoyable work
Deputy Director/Colonel (Former Employee), Robins AFB, GAFebruary 26, 2015
USAF and USAFR are great places to work and learn. I enjoyed my time serving and looking forward to continuing to serve our military men and women by supporting them.
A different path
Senior Airman (Former Employee), New MexicoFebruary 26, 2015
The military is always a good choice for those that need to grow up some. It teaches you management skills, personal pride, grooming and other useful skills you will need in life.
Material Supply
Material Supply (Former Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOFebruary 26, 2015
I got to work on the flight line, watching airplanes land and take off, data entry, worked with amazing people, customer service, shipping/receiving, and working out.
Excellent cross-cultural exposure
Healthcare Program Admin / Resource Management (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: ops tempo
Unparalleled training and development. Exposed to international business practices under outstandting leadership/mentors.
Early opportunities for leadership experience
Captain - Project Officer (Former Employee), Shaw AFB, SCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: access to new technologies and training
Cons: travel away from the family.
Developed state of the art command and control systems while working with counterpart representatives from the Navy, Marine Corp, Army and various security agencies.
US Air Force
Ground Radar Systems Supervisor (Current Employee), Minot, NDFebruary 25, 2015
A great place to work. Lots of benefits. Like any job, can be hectic. Opportunities to travel, acquire training and attend school abound.
Rewarding Work
Munitions Systems Craftsman (Former Employee), Nellis AFB, NVFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: working with amazing selfless people
Cons: the work always comes home with you
I worked for the U.S. Air Force as a Munitions Tech. I assembled bombs, missiles, rockets and many other munitions for our pilots to train for wartime. Working with amazing and selfless people is the greatest part of the job. The hardest part was long days and working weekends.
Priviledge to serve my country
MEDIAL ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Sheppard AFB TX Eglin AFB FL, Arnold AFB TNFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: too many to mention
Cons: too few to mentoin
It is hard to give a review on the USAF it wasn't just a job, it was my life, I served my country for 15 years and would not change anything about any of my experiences, no matter what the issue was.. It made me a stronger person a better person and a proud person.
An outstanding place to work
Logistics Planner (Former Employee), Various AssignmentFebruary 25, 2015
A great working and learning environment to hone your skills in the career field. Opportunities are provided to work on your leadership skills as well.
FUN
Ground Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee), SJAFB, NCFebruary 25, 2015
WORK WORK WORK. You work hard everyday and you have to earn your paycheck. On call 24/7. The hardest part of the job are the deployments, but its rewarding to serve your country.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more