U.S. Air Force
5,433 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

This was not really a job it was my lifestyle
Chief Master Sgt Combat Communications (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 18, 2014
Pros: seeing the world
Cons: getting blown up
I dedicated my life to the military. It was my lifestyle. It is my family.
I saw the world. I grew up in the military. I had the very best and the very worst times of my life in this job, and would not change any of it ever
Very diverse
STAFF SERGEANT (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2014
The Air Force was unpredictable and quite interesting all at the same time.
Chief Operations Officer (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTAugust 18, 2014
Overall, if you are looking for challenge and reward, the US Air Force is a great place to work.
Great Work
Process Improvement Specialist / C-17 Pilot (Current Employee), McChord AFB, WAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good work, good pay
Cons: gone too much
Worked 8-5 most days except on deployments and when flying oversees. While flying days could last from 24-36 hours. 16 hours off, rinse, repeat. Great people to work with.
Great start to my life
Security Forces Instructor/Journeyman (Former Employee), Different locationsAugust 18, 2014
The air force was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. It was a great life and served me and my family well. I would do it all over again.
Demanding job
Squadron Superintendent (Former Employee), USAAugust 17, 2014
Proud of going to work everyday keeping our aircraft (Air Force) in top condition and our personnel in top training condition, ready for face any challenge that might arise.

I can go on and on about my military career...I'm just honored to have served my country...
Productive career setting with a lot to offer
Flight Operation Management 1C7X1 (Former Employee), EuropeAugust 17, 2014
Well productive and good training, offers constant growth, and benefits.
Air Force Review
Security Forces Specialist (Current Employee), Offutt AFB, NEAugust 17, 2014
It requires a special person to handle the work life and environment.
I saw the world and worked with an extremely diverse group of people
Air Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), World WideAugust 17, 2014
Pros: travel and benefits to include retirement
Cons: long hours and at times very physical labors
There was no "typical" day at work. Every day provided different challenge. My experiences with the Air Force provided me with people skills that I have used daily in both my professional and personal life. The hardest part of the job was occasionally working 12+ hour shifts with a rotating schedule. The most enjoyable part of my time in the service – more... was being afforded the ability to travel the world and live in different countries and states and experience vastly different cultures. – less
Electronic Systems technician
Electronic Systems Technician (Former Employee), Maxwell AFB, ALAugust 16, 2014
Pros: respect, benefits, responsibility, travel, structure
Cons: weather
What a great experience it was to be a member of the greatest Air Force on the globe! Most days were atypical. If we weren't repairing or doing periodic maintenance a a piece of equipment then we were training for CPR, certifying competency in the systems we use, preparing for an inspection, or doing field exercises. My co-workers on a daily basis were – more... comprised of mostly other airman my same age group along with a handful of older (30-45 years old) sergeants all being over seen by two or three senior non-commissioned officers (45-60). The hardest part of the job was being away from the people I grew up with but that was also the best part; making new friends and evaluating how well I could interact with people raised in entirely different environments. The part I enjoyed most is that airmen are given a lot of responsibility and expected to perform at a high level of precision and accuracy which I felt I met and exceeded highlighting my ability to meet and go beyond expectations. – less
Hard work but the benefits are awesome
Aerospace Engineer (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: health benefits, looks great on a resume, opportunity for advancement
Cons: long hours, stress, time away from loved ones
I got to work on planes and work with people from all over the U.S. I learned the ins an outs of planes and what it takes to get them off the ground. It was very tough at times working in the heat and but I really enjoyed my work. It's something not just anybody could do, its a tough career to get into.
Awesome life experience that is worth the risk.
Security Forces member (Cop) (Former Employee), WorldwideAugust 15, 2014
Pros: new places, friends. livable wages.
Cons: long hours, away from home, life risking.
Hard work with lots of life changing experiences that will introduce individuals to a new outlook on life, family and appreciation for our great country.
Active Duty Air Force
Leader / Program Manager / Operations Manager (Current Employee), VariousAugust 15, 2014
Pros: leadership, management and skills
Cons: away from the family
Being an Air Force officer is more than meets the title. A career of service is rewarding, especially when one sees the fruits of one's labor.

Military service isn't for everyone--various and layered sacrifice...but its a profession that keeps giving.
Hard and challenging with extremely fast pace of work
❸ Maintenance Flight Chief (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 15, 2014
Pros: immense pride. job satisfaction. service to my country. stable work environment
Cons: 12 hour shifts. deployed from family 6 months at a time. being shot at
Growing up in Southern Arizona, I would have never thought I would have the opportunities the Air Force gave me. From an early point in my career, I was thrust into the spotlight and asked to perform above my pay grade. By the age of 19, I was accompanying USAF aircraft to austere locations all over the world and keeping these assets airworthy and safe. – more... By the age of 20, I was working as a dispatcher and job controller. Furthermore, I immersed myself into digital/truncated radio systems and became the communications liaison for the west coast's largest Command Post. Here, I learned contract negotiations, service contracts and was awarded for outstanding customer service. I returned to work on aircraft and within 6 months, I had my own assigned aircraft and crew. I continued flying and maintaining these aircraft receiving numerous accolades from pilots and commanders for going above and beyond. Later in my career, I became an aircraft maintenance instructor, teaching 14 week courses and racking up more than 3000 classroom hours. From here, I was stationed overseas where I worked as a flightline expediter. I was responsible for a delicate balance between repairing and flying airplanes. Under my watch, we never had a major accident or incident. I was promoted to Production Superintendent as was responsible for all aspects of maintaining the KC-135R/T aircraft. Upon moving back to the states where I ran the MC-130 inspection dock. I had a crew of 25 people who did a intense and thorough inspection of these invaluable aircraft. From there, I was promoted to Maintenance Flight Chief and shaped the lives and careers of 40+ airmen. My last job in the Air Force was Aero Repair and Crash Recovery Team Chief. Here, I was responsible for all military and civil aviation crash recovery efforts from central New Mexico to Southern Colorado.

The hardest part of the job was being away from family for 6 months at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. The brotherhood we shared was unlike anything I've experienced before. – less
exciting place to work, will gain alot
Aviation Resource Manager (Former Employee), Robins AFB, GAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: high ops tempo on deployments
great place to work plenty of places to see. well structured environment fast pace
Great opportunities
Medical Logistics Flight Chief (Current Employee), Dyess AFB, TXAugust 15, 2014
Great chance to grow personally and professionally. My co-workers are awesome.
Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician-Supervisor (Former Employee), Dover, DEAugust 15, 2014
Pros: air force take care of their people by providing wonderful benefits and beautiful locations to work.
Cons: moving around can be difficult for one's family, especially the children.
Wonderful place for an individual to grow professionally and make a decision on which career path they'll like to pursue.
Best profession and work experience
Mechanical Craftsman (Current Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere to work in.
Cons: time away from family
Go over current jobs and plan jobs for the week. Learned a lot of hands on experience with different types of HVAC equipment. Great bunch of people to work with. Time away from family is the most difficult. Most enjoyable part of the job is that there is always something new to learn and to work on.
Great Benefits
Logistics/Transportation (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 15, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: force reductions
Being in the Logistics side of things made everyday something new, it was a great experience with great benefits.
USAF
Aerospace Propulsion Journeyman (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 15, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: away from family
This is a great career for young people to get a head start.
You meet great people from all walks of life.
You get to travel the world and see and do things you would have never thought possible

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more