U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 13,655 reviews matching the search
Worst time of my life
Load crew member (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMJune 21, 2017
But and tech school was fine but once I got to my job field I was outcast by my fellow co works becaues I would not join them in bullying the new guys that had no strips yet
Pros
None other than i got to travel
Cons
Everything they do and how the run things
Very Stable Career Choice
Electronic Warfare Technician (Current Employee) –  Eglin Air Force Base, FLJune 21, 2017
A typical work day for me consisted performing analysis on avionics equipment. While working for the USAF I developed leadership, teamwork, communication, & time management skills. Most people aren't go getters and seem very unhappy at work.
Pros
Benefits, career advancement, travel
Cons
travel, physical standards for some, added restrictions
Love working for the Government
Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic, WG-12 (Current Employee) –  HawaiiJune 21, 2017
It is an awesome place to work. I enjoy the structure and the ability to be able to move up in rank. I hope to finish my career and continue to better myself as a worker.
An amazing experience
Springs, CO - Cyber Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Peterson AFB, COJune 21, 2017
Though the military wasn't a life long choice of mine, I valued my time while serving. I was taught what it means to be a professional. I come from a military background and will forever support it.
Pros
Core values, benefits, quality of life
Cons
Bad assignments
Excellent Career Choice
Asst. Superintendent/Nursing Services (Current Employee) –  Luke AFB, AZJune 21, 2017
The Air Force is a great place to get specialized training in things like communications equipment and flight. While every branch of the military deals with transportation, and you’ll fly in jets and helicopters in every military organization, the United States Air Force is especially well-equipped to train you in everything flight-related. If you’ve ever wanted to fly, the Air Force is a great place to learn about it.
Pros
Travel-- Healthcare
Cons
Being separated from spouse/children at times
no comment
Contract Officer Representative (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed my twenty years of military service. Seeing the world was the most exciting part and of course management was tough but fair. Deployment was really hard.
Pros
Travel the world
Cons
Time away from love ones
Life time of skills and achievements.
Squad, Leader (Management) (Former Employee) –  WorldwideJune 21, 2017
Great place to work, high stress fast paced environment. Learned to adapt to many stress full situations. World wide travel and friends for life. Career advancement was not easy. Movement through the ranks took hard work and dedication.
Pros
travel, schooling and lifetime friends
Cons
Away from family
Great Experience
Lead Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVJune 21, 2017
I traveled a lot and learned a trade, but the leadership isn't always the best. Overall an amazing experience with great benefits and career progression.
Pros
Discounts, travel, honor
Cons
leadership, deployments
Fast-Paced, Dynamic & Rewarding Career
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJune 21, 2017
I spent 14 years in the Air Force, traveled the world, gained management and administrative leadership experience, met tons of new people and came home with job satisfaction every day. The hardest part of the job was leaving it!
It's the military
Client Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NEJune 21, 2017
We get stuff done, and try to play hard when we're off. You may get thrown into new circumstances often and you are expected to perform, and sometimes you have to do things and go places you really don't want to.
Pros
Lots of experience.
Cons
Expected to perform outstanding when faced with challenges.
Make sure it's the right choice
Logistics Planning Technician (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 21, 2017
Joining the military is not for everyone. But my experience was very good. I enjoyed my job thoroughly. Depending on which one you get you will not travel as much as you think you may just because of the most recent budget cuts. There are pros and cons to each job but I enjoyed being apart of something while I was enlisted.
Productive workplace with many opportunities with career growth.
Security Forces Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WY 82005June 21, 2017
I felt working for the USAF was a very helpful fulfilling job and would recommend it to most.
I learned a plethora of things while serving the USAF. I learned leadership skills, many different weapons and tactics, and many other things.
Management always had our backs and would never treat us differently from one another.
The hardest part about the job were the hours because we'd be working very long shifts and would sometimes answer to emergencies that would add on hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with because it was like a family.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Enjoyable
Personnel Clerk (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 21, 2017
Great place to work. You'll definitely learn and experience a lot. I don't have any complaints about working here. I would recommend this job to anyone that's looking for something secure.
Air Force
Network Infrastructure Technician (Former Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOJune 21, 2017
Day starts depeding on your squadron, sometimes it is super early for PT or because of shift work. Work load depends on your job that you were assigned during basic.
Depends On You
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Randolph AFB, TXJune 21, 2017
The military is what you make of it, just like anything else you decide to do. The work environment changes from base to base. However, don't expect to always travel. It works the other way around as well. With all being said, it's still a great organization to look to gain employment and gain work/life experience.
Benefits
Always learning something new
Law Enforcement Patrolman/Base Defense Operation (Current Employee) –  Kirtland AFB, NMJune 21, 2017
Great place to work. Always learning something new. Training and traveling to see the world is a plus. Amazing benefits for you and your family to use.
Air Force Member
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Luke AFB, AZJune 21, 2017
The Air Force was my first job after high school, was stationed both state side as well as in England. This was is where I developed quality job skills as well as had opportunity for advancement
Pros
served my country
Cons
N/a
Awesome adventures
437th SFS Flight Sergeant, Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston AFB, SCJune 21, 2017
If you don't mind having no "life" at all, then go into a high mobility (read as deployment) base and spend all ur time away from the "real" world!! It was one of the best times I have had in my life. I was able to do more in my career field then 96% of the rest of the USAF!!!
It is all what you decide to make of it
AVIONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Moody AFB, GA, Afghanistan, EuropeJune 21, 2017
Not alot of down time or time to self but under good leadership they will do there best to compensate you where they can. That being said they give back to those who put in and go above and beyond. Rating systems change and are not ever the best or close to it however advancing in career and rank is dependent on you and you can always study and test well to make rank as that is the majority of the points to achieve rank. overall not that bad some days and weeks are better than others. Good chance to travel and see places if you get lucky enough.
Pros
Traveling, Friendship
Cons
schedule, management
US Air Force is a great organization.
Superintendent, Plans and Policies (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJune 21, 2017
I absolutely loved being a member of the Air Force for 20 years. I
was honored to serve with some the finest people in the world. I had the privilege to stand in the same hall as real American heroes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5