U.S. Air Force
5,650 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Career broadening and great environment to learn
Education and Training Manager (Current Employee), Bossier City, LASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: full health and dental expenses
Cons: educational benefits are limited
A typical day includes answering emails and telephone calls to all districts concerning training and policy. Additionally, I review polices and programs to ensure all training requirements are implemented and clear for all employees in each district. I interpret and establish guidance for training and testing processes and procedures.
Great travel, great benefits, great people. I was proud of what i did
Group Program Manager (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no stability to start a family
A typical day for me would be managing all my detailed programs, handling the high volume of customers with face to face interaction as well as phone calls. Accomplishing tasters given directly from the commander (Boss) to be handled with high attention to detail.

I learned how to efficiently handle and manage programs, meeting unrealistic deadlines – more... all the while maintaining all other programs. I also learned how to become an effective leader and co-worker.

My co-workers we the best, most thing we did could not be done with out everyone doing their part and working as a team.

The hardest part of my job is ensuring the customers were always happy as well as making sure the commanders request were filled each day.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the reward of happy customers, recognition from the commander and having that feeling that you matter. – less
A great place to build your future
Security Forces Member (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits, education benefits, knowledge and skills
Cons: sometimes stressful, long hours
It teaches you the core values of Service Before Self, Integrity, and a Commitment to Excellence. You won't find another job that has this kind of teamwork and fellowship. You'll make friends and connections that will last a lifetime. Its a great way to learn skills that can set you apart from your peers in the civilian world.
Great experience
Base Defense Operating Controller (Former Employee), Seymour Johnson AFB, NCSeptember 17, 2014
I served as a Military Policeman and the experience/knowledge I've gained has made me a strong professional. The U.S. Air Force has an extremely diverse work environment which allows you to learn how to work with people from different backgrounds. In turn, this improves your teamwork skills and allows you to work well in different environments.
Productive and innovative workplace full of valuable mentors.
Personnel Journeyman (Former Employee), Misawa Air Base, JapanSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free traveling, extended list of benefits
A customer service based job that taught me professional social interaction and multitasking skills.
I liked the U.S. Air Force so much, that I made a 34 year career out of it.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Grissom Air Reserve Base, INSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: education, people willing to help with career progression, and a positive attitude.
Cons: sometimes travel can place you in areas of the world that are not always completely safe.
In my 34 year career in the U.S. Air Force, it has been the most rewarding career of my life. No complaints or reservations about it. If I had to do it all over again, I would. Highly recommend this career path to anyone.
I learned a lot at this location. I was able to work with many dentists who also taught dentistry which helped me to understand different techniques.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Nellis AFB, NVSeptember 17, 2014
I worked with many dentists that performed different forms of dentistry with many years on their job. They taught me many procedures, showed me why and how they need to be done. They helped upgrade my knowledge of the job along with my mandatory upgrade training. I liked this job!
Go Air Force!
Information Manager /Logistics Augmentee (Former Employee), Mountain Home AFB, IDSeptember 17, 2014
Joining the military was the best decision of my life. What a great organization, nothing but amazing experiences and fond memories and a great start to my professional career. So very thankful for everything I learned.
Great Experience for the Right Person
Biomedical Equipment Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Scott AFB, ILSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: not for everyone
I worked in the illinois area for 2 years and I loved it. I learned a lot of management skills as well as technical skills that I will be able to use in the future. It was a very respectful work environment that allowed professional and personal devolopment.
Superintendent, Munitions Systems
Munitions System Specialist (AMMO) (Current Employee), Barksdale AFB, LASeptember 17, 2014
Leads, trains, and equips personnel in munitions production and materiel tasks and activities. Identifies munitions and equipment requirements; operates and maintains automated data processing equipment to perform munitions accounting, computations and research; stores, maintains, assembles, issues and delivers assembled nonnuclear munitions; routinely – more... demilitarizes nonhazardous munitions; operates and maintains munitions material handling equipment; develop and implements munitions materiel management concepts and procedures; complies with explosive, missile and ground safety, security and environmental directives and practices; identifies munitions by filler, color code, marking, or physical characteristics. – less
Job where the end product is the safety of this nation.
Vehicle Maintenance Superintendent (Current Employee), Clovis, NMSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: education, healthcare, travel, training.
Mentor, guide and instruct supervision safety for morale and welfare of 40 military and civilian mechanics. Responsible for management, maintenance, and utilization 591 vehicle fleet. Managed annual budget, allocated funds for the repair of individual vehicles and to accounts for maintenance of tools and equipment as required. Routed and expedite the – more... movement of end items, supplies and materials within production and repair facilities to meet goals. Route and moves parts and other materials into and out of industrial shops/facilities. Locates critical items in shops and arranges with schedulers and supervisors to advance processing and production time frames. Lead flight Environmental and safety programs to ensure compliance with critical programs. Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean work environment. Uses and assures proper fit of any required safety equipment and clothing. – less
Go air force all the way
Security Police (Former Employee), Buckley AFBSeptember 16, 2014
9 years in this service and enjoyed everyday of it. If it wasn't for the force down sizing, would've done all 20.
Room for growth
Cardiopulmonary Technician (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: medical benefits, meeting new people, travel
Cons: unmotivated co-workers, family separation
My experience in the United States Air Force taught me that anything worthwhile is worth working hard for. There's plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement as long as you're willing to put in a lot of time and effort. A typical day at work I'd say was sometimes overwhelming but rewarding. I learned to be flexible and use my strengths to my – more... advantage. Sometimes you have to face uncomfortable situations with patience and an open mind. As an individual I can say being in the Air Force helped shape me into a well-rounded person. – less
Fighting for my country
Knowledge Operations Manager (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: pay check good!
Cons: bullies
I didnt get a chance to move around but Andrews AFB is not a great first base. Managment and Supervisors are all about making rank and retiring. (self- Air Force). You have to fight for yourself not team work.
USAF
NCOIC, Training Validations and Operations Section (Current Employee), Dyess AFB, TexasSeptember 16, 2014
A typical day at work starts at 0645 and consists of managing Airmen, providing professional cutomer service, and ensuring that the mission is completed each day. I have learned a lot about management and leadership and how to make the work area a place that my airmen were happy to come to eah day. My co-workers for the most part are a part of the family. – more... We actually spend more time together than we do with our families and deploy together so that is the way things should be. The hardest part of the job is being away from the family for long periods of time and missing out on a lot of life accomplishments made by thechildren. the most enjoyable part of being in the Air Force is having that expanded family. – less
I loved mostly everything about my job as a Dental Assistant in the Air Force
Staff Sergeant/Dental Assistant, Supervisor (Former Employee), Wright-Patt, OH; MacDill, FL; Germany, KoreaSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: pay, commradery, travel, the feeling of doing something for your country!
Cons: i did have some issues with harrassment and immature higher ranking females..
It was the hardest job, but the best one I've ever had!

I loved the dentists/officers I worked for and with!

I loved the travel! And the patients/your fellow military members are greatly appreciative!
Military
F-15E Tactica Aircraft Journeyman (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCSeptember 16, 2014
Life in the Air Force and Armed Forces is what you make it. It is different from person to person. People join for different reasons. Be all you can be.
Highly productive work field with great benefits and better training.
Crew Chief (Current Employee), Tucson, ArizonaSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: serving my country.
Cons: advancement is time based.
Upon arrival I review documentation completed by shift prior to my own. Once this is complete, I must plan the beginning of my own shift. This entails checking out the right tools and supplies to complete reviewed maintenance actions. Next I am assigned an aircraft to prepare for flight. This usually consist of checking primary and secondary functions – more... of flight. Once this is complete and the flight crew is present I am too prepare for take off. This includes completing a preflight checklists from brake pressure to securing all doors and hatches. After this I marshall the aircraft onto to runway and secure the parking space, making sure there are no objects that could possibly harm the aircraft. Finally, I document aircraft forms and take note of discrepancies discovered. Out of all the thing i have just mentioned my favorite part of my job is knowing I am enabling my aircraft to complete missions that could possibly save a life. – less
Air Force Review
Satellite Communication Supervisor (Current Employee), KoreaSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: travel, meet people, learn a trade
Cons: seperation from family
As far as my 10 years in the United States Air Force it was very fun and interesting. Everyday at work was different which kept my workdays from being boring. The people that I had an honor to work and serve with was amazing. To me the Air Force will always will be family for me. The fact I got to travel all over the world see different places and people. – more... It did have one negative which comes with the territory of the job and that was deployments. Missed my family a lot so that's why I left the Air Force to be closer to them. – less
great place
Air Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Dover AFB, DESeptember 15, 2014
I spent 8 years in the military the only reason I left was to be able to be home with my family and not worrying about deployments,

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more