U.S. Air Force
5,134 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Secure Job and Travel
Network Systems and Computer Administrator (Former Employee), Yokota, Japan / Warner Robins, GAJuly 9, 2014
A typical day at work you're sitting around waiting for something to happen.When you're needed you feel accomplished.

Great work experience, learned how to manage time and people to get the job done.

Management depends on where you work. My first station had more overhead than my last.

Co-workers are usually the best perk of work, very friendly and – more... accepting.

The hardest part of the job remembering that you can't be at work 24/7. It's alright to take a break every now and then and enjoy life.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting out in the world and experiencing different cultures and seeing beautiful locations. – less
good morale
Public Health Medical Technician (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VirginiaJuly 9, 2014
the morale was good with co workers, I learned food inspections and teaching. the hardest part of the job is there was no efficiency and consistency in work habits. the most enjoyable part of the job was the morale in co workers.
I would like to do it all over again
Aircraft Hydraulics Craftsman (Former Employee), Ellsworth AFB, SDJuly 9, 2014
Pros: it's like the family you never had
Cons: time away from wife and kids
I very diverse mixing pot of cultures. It was a great experience and I have learned a lot over those years. I would do it all over again.
Challenging, high-paced work area
Senior Enlisted Advisor (Current Employee), Spangdahlem, RPJuly 9, 2014
Pros: co-workers are great
Cons: the workday went from 8 to 10 and now 12-14 hours a day on average.
Very rewarding experience. Literally created history over my 20 years of service.
Amazing team and overall structure
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Aviano AB, ItalyJuly 9, 2014
Pros: medical/dental; child care
Cons: long hours, hard on family life, high stress environment
A typical day at work varied from 12-14 hours usually guarding an asset vital to National Security. The friendships between what we call a flight was amazing because we were always there for each other ready to have each to other's back if need be.
On the off chance you were able to work an office job, it required a faster pace than security work to – more... be completed that day. I was one of the lucky ones. I picked up the skills needed to get my job done quickly and proficiently. During my time working an office job, I felt like I had a since of accomplishment. I enjoyed helping people who came to my office needing assistance with something. I enjoyed the pressure of tasks that needed to be completed yesterday type pace. When I was given a task, I made sure I understood it completely and what was expected of it so I would not waste not only my time but the time of the person who needed it done. During down time or slow days, I would offer my assistance where it was needed. At the end of the day, we were all there trying to get the mission accomplished and I was more than willing to help and put my best foot forward. – less
Productive and great opportunity to serve
Communication Specialist (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 9, 2014
The best place to learn and grow! Worked with diverse groups of members to achieve common goal. Worked with extraordinary people who made work enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of serving in the Air Force was serving my country.
No home life
Hydraulic Technician (Former Employee), ellsworth afbJuly 9, 2014
Pros: they take care of you kinda
Cons: no breaks
On the flight expect to work long 12 hour shifts and 7 days a week out in the weather
Hard working, team building
Airman (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2014
The USAF was something not everyone is cut out for however the knowledge you learn is something everyone should learn.
Supervisor
Fitness Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington DCJuly 8, 2014
A nine year career in the United States Air Force. A typical day in the life of a military member is always changing and never the same. I learned to adapt to change very quickly and easily. While being in the military I have interacted with different cultures and diversity.
Job security with the military
Military Police (Former Employee), Multiple locationsJuly 8, 2014
I enjoyed the eight years I served in the Air Force. It was very rewarding and a selfless job.
Good Job
Explosive Ordnance Disposal Flight Commander (Current Employee), Andrews AFB, MDJuly 8, 2014
A great opportunity to see the world and meet great people. The USAF provides many opportunities to advance your education.
USAF
CHAPLAIN ASSISTANT (Former Employee), McChord AFB, WAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: vacation, benefits
Cons: location, work schedule
The military provides room for advancement with a wide variety of career jobs to choose from.
Great company to work for, very detail oriented. Always looking out for their employees, and make sure they are taken care of.
Health Services Management (Former Employee), Scott AFB, ILJuly 8, 2014
I was given all of the tools and experience needed to be successful in the civilian sector.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 8, 2014
Pros: medical and financial benefits
Cons: seeing family
A productvie day
Cargo Manager (Former Employee), McGuire Air Force BaseJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free travel
Cons: long work weeks
A typical workday consisted of waking up at 5 am to make it to work early to look at the schedule to find out who is going to be on shift that day. Formation 15 minutes before the shift started, to give out the daily objectives. Supervise and manage the shift productivity through out the day to perform our daily duties.
Productive in some aspects but redundant in others
Military working Dog Handler (Current Employee), Vance AFB, OKJuly 8, 2014
Pros: law enforcement experience, health benifets
Cons: family life sacrifice
the most enjoyable part of my job was being a K-9 handler and the interaction with the community
Productive, and learning environemnt
industrial hygienist (Current Employee), Lackland AFB, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: close to family in san antonio
Cons: nothing negative about my job.
Every day is a new challenge. different way to protect my fellow airman, and make a difference in the military. I love seeing my results happen before me!
Military life is great
Aerospace Maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJuly 7, 2014
Worked on multimillion dollar aircraft daily. Traveled to many places around the world. I was able to contribute to many operations in the Middle East giving me a sense of fulfillment and accomplishment.
Hands on work and prepared to execute tasks at a moments notice.
Air Transportation Specialist (Current Employee), Tinker Air Force Base, OklahomaJuly 7, 2014
Day to day work:
Performed daily vehicle inspections and daily cargo inventory to insure 100% accountability.
Download freight trucks when they come in using 4k and 10k forklifts.
In-check downloaded cargo.
Stage pallets for cargo build-up.
Build-up cargo onto a pallet to meet 100% full utilization of the pallet to create space for more cargo which – more... in turn will save money and resources by not having to order more trucks/aircraft and cargo tie-down equipment.
Load cargo pallets and vehicles onto freight trucks and aircraft.
Weekly housekeeping tasks. (trash and sweeping)
What I learned:
Prior preparation is key in completing the job properly and safely.
Don't be afraid to voice any safety concerns.
Be patient.
I have learned how to adapt to different passenger and cargo in-checking computer systems.
Management:
It is nice to see upper management stop by the shop and ask how our families are.
Being recognized for hard work or outstanding achievements is a great way to boost employee confidence and spirits.
Being in the military I have a strong understanding of the chain of command.
Co-workers:
Being a member of a team is a great way to develop a support system and look after one another.
The hardest part of the job is the waiting part of the hurry up and wait mentality and when deployments take me from my family 6+ months at a time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the hands on work and the comradery. – less
Military environment with strict limitations
Manager/QC Mammo/ Diagnostic Ultrasonographer (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDJuly 7, 2014
Personnel culturally diverse. Education limited by military necessity.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more