U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,694 reviews matching the search
It's the military
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  WorldwideMay 29, 2016
It's the military. Obviously pretty stressful depending on the job you have. Great benefits and steady paychecks, albeit lower than some would love.
Great opportunity to receive training and job skills. Excellent Benefits.
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indian Springs, NVMay 29, 2016
I would recommend this company for someone wanted to get work experience and training. Benefits and travel opportunities are excellent.
Air Force Supply
Work Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cannon AFB, NMMay 29, 2016
Working for the Air Force was a rewarding experience that taught me how to manage a workforce to complete tasks that realistically should have had more time and personnel available. You had to learn to complete large tasks with less resources.
It was the military
Aircraft Electrical and Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAMay 29, 2016
It was the military. Not much to say about it. They have great benefits, long hours, and a dress code. I would not recommand it
Exciting at moments, but be ready to work.
Security Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 28, 2016
Great branch to serve in with a family. Put the hard work in during the shift, and get home to spend your off-time with the ones you love the most.
Great Work Environment
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMay 28, 2016
Outstanding organization to be a part of with great co-workers. Managed a diverse group of co-workers that impacted a large scope of operations for the Air Force and other DOD contractors
Political
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCMay 28, 2016
Everything is very political. It's not about how well you do your job, it's about who you know and who you suck up to. They tell you that it's a "brotherhood/sisterhood" and that "we have each other's back" but at the end of the day, everyone is looking out for no one but themselves and they will have no problem throwing you under the bus or leaving you behind if it will make them look good or get ahead. "All for One...and that's about it."
Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
Strict Place to work with management that was long past the ability to think critically
Intelligence Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Davis-Monthan AFB, AZMay 27, 2016
I had fun in the military, I met a lot of cool people and friends and I learned some really fascinating things. However, in the military, thinking and common sense are pretty much eliminated. I especially don't agree with how my direct supervisors conducted themselves, but all in all, the military is something I'd recommend to someone else.
Pros
Military Benefits - there are many
Cons
Loss of Freedoms - including ones ability to think critically
Fast paced and efficient work environment
Finance Technician (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILMay 27, 2016
A typical day at work with the Finance office of Scott AFB, IL consists of customer service, public speaking and maintaining pay records. Scott Air Force Base is a headquarters base which in turn allows our office to work with every rank within the officer tier to the enlisted tier. Working with an array of ranks allowed me to speak with various levels of management and Airmen to see how each positions affects each job within the military. With this knowledge I understood the significance of paying attention to every detail no matter the perceived importance.

My coworkers assisted in the development of my customer service, public speaking, and pay record management skills. The military is a community within itself and creates bonds as multiple changes within the career field are placed upon us. To be able to maintain Air Force finance standards during the changes presented to us helped with morale to sustain a positive work environment.

Many always say military finance is a "thankless" job and I highly agree. Anyone who works expects to receive a paycheck but my most enjoyable part of the job was the appreciative customers.These customers typically required a different set of research due to extenuating circumstances but their patience and appreciation as we researched errors and provided accurate pay made the long hours worth it.

Although I am separating the military, the skill sets it has provided me will assist with transitioning into another career field. Some terms maybe different but I am sure I can relate them into another work environment and assist with
  more... innovative ideas for a positive work place.  less
Great Experience and training
Military Police/investigator (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLMay 27, 2016
Excellent building mechanism to help mold and shape young men and women into upstanding members of the work force and society.
Highly skilled enviroment with very technically trained people
Freight Warehouse Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 26, 2016
Typical day varied on mission requirements anywhere from supervising 41 personnel daily, utilizing heavy equipment operations, cargo load/unloading warehouse operations and flight line, hazardous material handling, documentation management, and supervising to ensure safety is paramount.
Pros
Frequent Travel
Cons
Frequent changes in scheduling
Great Professional Devleopment
Assistant Officer In Charge, C-130 Aircraft (Former Employee) –  Little Rock AFB, ARMay 26, 2016
Keep politics out of the military...If you do your job and do it well, you should not have to be in politics and corruption to advance...
Pros
Great professional development
Cons
Corruption
vehicle maintance
Vehicle Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 26, 2016
customer service and running the tire shop kept me busy but it was wasnt bad. would do it again if i could. overall was a great job.
Feeling of Accomplishment
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAMay 26, 2016
on a typical work day as a security forces member, patrol the base and ensure safety by enforcing traffic laws and responding to incidents as well as ensuring the personnel entering the installation have proper credentials. I've learned ALOT within the law enforcement career field. our leadership has been great always making sure we are taken care of. the hardest part of the job would have to be not being appreciated as a policeman. most enjoyable part of the job would be the feeling of accomplishment at the end of each day of work.
Cons
unappreciative by most
A great way of life!
Chief / Manager, Maintenance Group (Former Employee) –  Moody AFB, GAMay 26, 2016
Serving in the military is one of the most important duties that you can do for your country. It has been an exciting 30 years!
Pros
Team Building, discipline
Cons
Very honorable situation to be involved in.
Admin specialist (Former Employee) –  WorldwideMay 25, 2016
Some days I worked priority weapons security and other days I worked Flight admin. I learned teamwork, loyalty and honor. I respected and worked well with management. Got along well with co-workers. Hardest part of the job was weapons security training and base defense. Most enjoyable part of the job was maintaing sensitive information vital to national security. I would have stayed 20 plus years however, bases were closing so I took an honorable discharge and moved on.
Military
Air Reserve Technician (Civilian) (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 25, 2016
Military training and experience is great for individual development, discipline, and sense of responsibility. Character building while developing skills and establishing work ethic for future.
Pros
on hands experience
Cons
war time personal risk
Mission focused
Information Systems manager (Current Employee) –  JBER, AKMay 25, 2016
The Air Force is very driven by it's mission goals. I have been on 2 deployments and returned from each with a greater appreciation for my country and it's people.
Required summary
Pilot (Current Employee) –  Dyess AFB, TXMay 25, 2016
Being aircrew is the best job in the AF. You get to see the immediate impact of your actions be it through aeromedical evac, airdropping supplies, or dropping munitions.
Organized office dealing with highly classified mission
Support contractor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2016
Enjoyed all the companies I worked for as a contractor for the US Air Force after retiring from the US Air Force in 1998. 40 hour work week, desk work and communication many times a day with customers and subordinate units worldwide. Great amount of travel worldwide was required, which was worthwhile and was compensated.
Pros
strong support from management
Cons
constant change

4.6