U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 12,898 reviews matching the search
Air Force
Cyber Systems Operation Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth AFB, SDApril 23, 2017
Great "stepping stone" into federal employment after completing an enlistment. I initially joined to help pay for college and to start a career with hopes that it would transfer well back to the civilian sector once my enlistment was up. Was lucky enough to be placed into an Cyber Security career field and finished out two degrees while on Active Duty. Great experience - would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Educational Benefits, Meet different people from different cultures, Provides structure
Cons
I was stuck stationed at one base for my entire 6-yr enlistment.
Loved Every second!!!
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 23, 2017
Was the best job I ever had. Traveling the world was great. Most of all the people I worked with were extremely helpful and reliable to work with. Only part that was hard was being away from home so much.
Serving Airmen Rocks
Wing Command Chief (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVApril 23, 2017
Whether it is helping Airmen and their families as they prepare to deploy/support the homefront this job is satisfying. You learn to work in high stress situations while providing guidance to lower subordinates and higher management, as a team.
Pros
Free education, service before self, diversity
Cons
Long hours, time away from home
Air Transportation
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 23, 2017
I enjoyed meeting people from areas I had never traveled and embraced learning new cultures. I loved being overseas...most of the friends I met over there I am still friends with now..25 years later. I still feel like they are family. I regret not staying in 20
A very family friendly organization
NETWORK INTELLEGENCE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 22, 2017
Leadership is very understanding of the importance of family. As long as you work hard and pull your weight people will do anything to help your professional and personal lives.
The branch closest to resembling the civilian workforce.
Meteorologist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 22, 2017
From personal experience the Air Force is the best branch in the military. It provided me steady pay, good facilities, and life skills throughout the past 4 years. They take care of their people and have personally guided me as a young adult from 19 to 23 years old.
N/a
Aircraft Armament Technician (Current Employee) –  AlaskaApril 22, 2017
An exceptional opportunity where I learned a variety of skills such as time management, teamwork and efficiency. Learned a lot about myself and my work ethic.
Usaf
Security Forces (Former Employee) –  multipleApril 22, 2017
Excellent training and career progression, ability to travel and relocate as well as awesome working atmosphere and awesome people as equipment. great benefits
High Operations Tempo
Communication Support Section Chief (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILApril 21, 2017
demanding work schedules, several opportunities to excel; fair workplace culture, short notice deployments, opportunity to travel, continuous process improvement,
benefits
Cons
unpredictable work schedule
Air Force
Munitions Systems Crewmember (Former Employee) –  InternationalApril 21, 2017
The people I met and the places I have been were amazing, and maybe not so amazing but I did have fun. I do and do not regret leaving the Air Force. If you join make sure you pick the right job.
Medical Service
Medical Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Keesler AFB, Vance AFBApril 21, 2017
Providing inpatient and outpatient care, taking and recording vital signs, writing in patient chart, obtaining medical histories, providing patient care assistance to physicians and nurses.
Pros
Serving people and the USA
Cons
Military Service is both an Adventure and Serious Work.
Avionics Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAApril 21, 2017
My experience with the US Air Force taught me a lot about discipline and commitment. In all my years there we were constantly aware of the threat coming from the enemies of our country and the need for my skill to provide the capability to defend against the threat. The workday is very routine except for times when we were deployed elsewhere. The workplace is one big organization composed of closely knit personnel with one goal in mind. The hardest part is responding to real emergencies that are either real or simulated to test the response time. The most enjoyable part is seeing places not very many people see in their lifetime.
Pros
The best steak, best Thanksgiving and Christmas venue at the chow hall.
Cons
Base Inspection and Drills
Its the military
Air Traffic Control and Weather Radar Technician (Former Employee) –  Texas and GeorgiaApril 21, 2017
Not much to say about it. It's the military. Plenty of time to train. Learn the skills to succeed. If you're not sure what to expect then it may not be for you.
Pros
you are taken care of
Cons
they own you
Great start to any career
Security Forces & Personnel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 21, 2017
its an awesome experience, especially joining right after high school. really does teach you alot about life and how to be a team player. awesome coworkers.
Great Company
Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 21, 2017
Learned from day one from being in the Air Force from discipline to organization... Loved working in Services cause you got to see all people of color and rank!! Wish I had done 20yrs!!!!
Security Forces (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLApril 21, 2017
I had a blast serving my country. The things you see and learn from all the people you meet is wonderful. Pay and benefits are amazing. I wish i couldve continued my service.
Pros
Family, benefits, pay
Cons
Work, work, work
Military job with a lot of stress.
Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKApril 21, 2017
Military job with a lot of stress, however, it was very functional that way because we worked with contracts and everything had to be done correctly and exactly by the law. I would do it again because I liked the competitiveness of the position.
Pros
Military
Cons
Military
Rewarding career with challenges
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AnywhereApril 20, 2017
As expected with the military, you sacrifice a lot but you also gain a lot. 150 characters in not enough to summarize 20 years, but the military has been a very rewarding challenging yet rewarding career.
Great place to work and to support my country.
Chief of Operations (IT Specialist Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2017
I was fortunate to oversee the operation of the network and telephone switch to support 4 locations. While furthering the development of subordinates.
USAF is a great career
Central Command Deputy Director for Logistics (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCApril 20, 2017
USAF is fast paced. Work long hours (10 hours on avg), but is worth it. Well trained and cared for. Culture of integrity, service before self, and excellence. Served 24 years and lived all over the US and the globe. I loved serving my country and will miss serving with the greatest professional warriors. Deployed 8 times for a total of 6 years down range, in training or in transient. The separation from family was the hardest part of the job. Serving with like minded professionals was the best part of the job. If you serve, you had extended family all over the world. May not have seen people for years, but you could call them up if in the area or in need, and they would have your back unconditionally.
Pros
Health care, training, housing, gyms, etc
Cons
multiple deployments, combat, multipe moves, high paced and stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6