U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 14,353 reviews matching the search
Be Proud
Journeyman Craftsmen (Former Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 21, 2017
This is a great place to work.
-I have one complaint when you get involved with a critically command career field you CAN NOT transfer into a better job.
The Air Force is a great place to work
CAREER ASSISTANCE ADVISOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80220August 21, 2017
The Air Force is a great place to work with a diverse group of people from all over. They instill discipline and responsibility. You have experiences that you would never have otherwise.
Excellent place to work
Aerospace Ground Equipment Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 21, 2017
Excellent place to work. Depending upon your rank and job description your work day hours could vary. Everyone is given the same opportunity to advance.
A Great Experience
Commander Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKAugust 21, 2017
It really changed my life for the better. He taught me so much and gave me all the tools to move forward in my life. I really would do it again and would encourage anyone to give it a try.
Pros
pay and benifits
Cons
poor leadership lots of hours
Usaf
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCAugust 21, 2017
There are many pros and cons to the AF. Depending on your actual job will determine how happy you are or the amount of work that you do. As with any job, how well you are treated depends on your leadership. Every company and section has had a good or bad manager, and it is up to us to learn from each. However, many members of upper management are focused only on themselves and not on the members below them. A lot of them will through you under the buss if It means that they can try and look better even if it is actually their fault. There is very little respect or those at the lower levels and they are seen as disposable rather than a key member of the company.
Benefits
Cons
Family and personal life
Good opportunity
Mammographer - Civil Service (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXAugust 21, 2017
An active duty lifestyle is a good lifestyle if you take advantage of it. In the current climate being sent off is a scary thought. But job wise, it is a good opportunity to learn a new skill and gain invaluable experience.
Good career
Assistant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  March AFB, CAAugust 21, 2017
It's been a great career. I joined the Air Force when I was 19 years old. I would recommend it to anyone with a desire for a challenge and a chance to travel around the world.
Air Force
Operations & Logistics Superintendent (Former Employee) –  MultipleAugust 21, 2017
Leadership is heading in the right direction but there's a long way to go. The preceding leadership team set the Air Force back years and it will be a long road to recovery.
best decision i ever made
JET ENGINE MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 21, 2017
walking into the engine shop and knowing there is a multitude of issues to work / I learned how to teardown and rebuild engines of all kinds / had very good trainers through out my military career and the work place culture was always team work / the hardest part of the job was being away from my family and changing stations / feel like you had to start all over again / enjoyable part was just knowing you built that engine or the parts that went on them /
It was a good job
Aerospace Propulsion Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 21, 2017
It was a good job i gained alot of experience traveling the world and working on different aircraft. I would recommend this job to others. It says i need 150 characters so thats why im still typing
Great working environment
Aeromedical Evacuation Technician (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILAugust 20, 2017
Working for the US Air Force has been a humbling experience. I have learned so much about people, time management, project management and many more. Although I have left the Air Force to further my career in the medical field, it has instilled in me the drive to never give up on getting what I want. To put forth everything to strive for excellence in everything I do. If I had to, i would do it all over again.
Secure job and great benefits
Health Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 20, 2017
The military in general is stressful to a lot of people. We have to do our job, plus get tasked for extra duties and keep up on our fitness. The military is 24/7 and can be overwhelming. It is great because the job is secure, good pay, and has great health benefits.
Dental Assistant/Instructor/Instructor Supervisor
United States Air Force (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXAugust 20, 2017
The Air Force was my life until i retired from Active Duty after 21 years of service. I was able to learn many skills to use in the civilian work force. Because of those skills i was hired as a civilian secretary.
Pros
New adventure every day
Cons
Stressful if you're ready for it.
Response Force Leader (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth AFB, SDAugust 20, 2017
Be prepared to work and work for someone else who feels he/she doesn't feel they have to work. Asides from that the daily military life is something that you can get used to.
Pros
Cons
a lot
Great place to earn a living and contribute to the defense of our country
Director (Current Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTAugust 20, 2017
Unlimited career opportunities and chances to contribute to the defense of this country. There are career opportunities at government installations worldwide.
Pros
Exciting and fast paced
Cons
Takes a long time to be retirement eligible
Fun, fast-paced
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, AlaskaAugust 20, 2017
fun workplace, fast paced and at times, challenging. Personnel I worked with were very professional and fun to work with. For as long as I was there (24 years), nice to see new faces and some returning after several years.
Pros
excellent supervisor
Cons
too many upgrades too quickly
Structured, productive educational
Medical Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 20, 2017
What I learned from my time in the Air Force was how to prioritize not only in the job but home life also. I was always challenged to excel in my job, and encouraged to further advance in career. The workplace culture is very diverse, fellow soldiers from all corners of the world. The most enjoyable part of the Air Force is the places you get to see and the people you get to meet.
Position Review
Chief Medical Administration (Current Employee) –  Garden City, GAAugust 20, 2017
Not a bad place to work it you can deal with the different cliques. The pay is good - typical military pay and benefits. The job is great - excellent opportunity to interact with multiple organizations, groups and departments.
A Great Way to Start
Ballistic Missile Analyst Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 20, 2017
If you have nothing on your plate and need a place to start your career, if you have enough smarts to make it through the testing and the desire to serve 4 years. Do it!
Usaf little rock afb
AFE Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARAugust 20, 2017
The Air Force at times, could be a little demanding, but well worth it. You had good pay with an opportunity to make more than great pay if you apply yourself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5