U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 11,372 reviews matching the search
Aim HIgh
96th Test Group Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMSeptember 26, 2016
Best Job I've ever had. I joined to become a better man, and the Air Force taught me more than I could have ever imagined. The life skills I've gain are priceless and I would have never been able to learn so much so fast about myself.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, deployemnts, frequent moves
productive with long hours
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCSeptember 26, 2016
In this career field you must have thick skin. By this I mean that everyone jokes and gives everyone a hard time about anything. Since the down sizing of our career field we have had to work longer hours and be more productive.
Pros
Medical and dental
Cons
Shorter breaks
Review
Vehicle Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLSeptember 25, 2016
Military provides for a lot of benefits as well as takes you around the world. Definitely a great atmosphere most of the times. Meeting new people and making great connections for the future.
Pros
Connections, Stability, Job Security, Travel, Benefits
Cons
Poor family planning
I worked for over 31 years with the US government
Data Manager (DM) (Former Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTSeptember 25, 2016
The US Government was a great place to work. It afforded me the opportunity to advance in my career without a college degree. My work ethics spoke for itself.
Pros
I had job security
Air Force
Security Forces (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GASeptember 25, 2016
I did 6 years in the Air Force as a Security Forces member. I enjoyed my time while I was in. If you want to join the best branch in the United States you have to go see the Air Force recruiters.
Amazing opportunities to hone litigation skills; Awesome people
Litigation Attorney (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 25, 2016
I was given a lot of responsibility at a young age and allowed to run my litigation docket and cases as I saw fit. I was also given incredible opportunities to deploy into war zones and work side-by-side with amazing JAG warriors.
Great experience
Sensor operator for MQ9 Drones (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMSeptember 25, 2016
My favorite job so far, great healthcare, so many job advancement opportunities, tons of great training and education opportunities, a lot of fun volunteering jobs, free food and housing, great bosses and friends to work with and for overall the best place I've worked for
Pros
Great benefits free room and board, tons of advancment opportunities
Cons
24/7 on call long hours
Active duty military
Director of Operations, Training & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Encino, CASeptember 24, 2016
While the military lifestyle isn't for everyone it certainly provided life skills, training, and leadership development for me over the last 20+ years.
Multiple opportunities to excel and develop skillsets to not only better myself by the Air Force as well.
Pros
Full benefits with many opportunities for growth
Cons
contract terms and low pay
Great Job
Countermeasures Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock AFB, ARSeptember 23, 2016
Fantastic Job. Great experience on a variety of tasks with plenty of ability to train in other fields. Many Airmen here complain about the lack of their ability to transfer bases. Little Rock doesn't have the best life if you like to do anything besides shop, spend time outdoors, or anything before 10pm.
Military Life
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 23, 2016
Once you get out you wish you could go back in or stayed in. The time I spent in the military was the best time of my life. I would recommend joining the service to anyone who is trying to figure out what they want to do in life.
Great career starter
FLIGHT ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDSeptember 23, 2016
The USAF has provided me with the tools to progress in life and allowed me to travel and experience thigs that many people would love to get the chance to.
High Tempo, High Stress Work Environment
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Kunsan Air Base, Republic of KoreaSeptember 22, 2016
The base is far from a city. Work is expected to be completed quickly and proficiently. The North Korean is always a threat, so alert remains high. Family is not allowed to move here with you.
Pros
benefits, compensation, experiance
Cons
stress, no familiy, location
Services Career Field, US Air Force
SUPERINTENDENT, AIRMAN DORM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 22, 2016
Although this career field is frequently frowned upon by those entering and currently serving in the military, this is a very honorable, impressionable, needed job in the military. The going joke is that we flip burgers and hand out towels. More accurately, we learn how to properly produce well balanced meals to fuel the human body so that they can perform their required duties. We provide an outlet of services to release stress and enhance your physical physique in the way of teaching exercise classes, maintaining fitness equipment, and providing outstanding customer service. We are typically the first career field people encounter on their arrival to a base, and the last they will see when they depart due to managing lodging facilities. We provide the last honorable moments from the military to those members who have passed on in way of mortuary affairs and honor guard. We can earn an array of civilian licenses and certifications, all paid for by the military. Pro Chef, personal trainer, mortuary technician, are just a few of them.

While it is sometimes a thankless job, as with any customer relations job, there are customers and co-workers that make the job worthwhile and give it meaning.
Pros
civilian certifications and licenses
Cons
little appreciation
Great career
Nuclear missile security officer (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 22, 2016
Great career, meet a lot of great people. You get to travel a lot and it opens a lot of great oppertunties for yourself. You get a lot of benifets and insurance.
US Air Force
Vehicle Operator/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILSeptember 22, 2016
It's the military. There are a lot of good things about it and there are a few bad parts about it. Overall, it's a great job for anyone who wants an experience like none other.
Pros
Steady pay, constant promotions, regular raises, free housing, free education
Cons
Moving
Air Force
Non Commission Officer In Charge Microbiology (Former Employee) –  JBASeptember 22, 2016
Working for the USAF is a gift. The USAF takes great care of their people. You are given a great skill set that you can take anywhere.
Great leadership and great mentors
Traffic management operations (Current Employee) –  Hill AFB, UT 84056September 22, 2016
A typical day at work is filled with lots of educational on the job training, we strive to be as proficient as possible in our career. We have a great unit with great leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am serving our country and making sure we take care of each other.
Pros
Self worth, Great experience
Stressful and Relaxing at the same time
Command & Control, Battle Management Operations (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 22, 2016
I enjoyed my time in the Air Force, but most of it was spent just doing training. We always had to be ready to deploy, but i only got to deploy twice during my 8 years in.
Pros
Relaxed Enviroment
Cons
Rarely got the
Great training with great advancement opportunities
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTSeptember 21, 2016
In the air force I would work on underground facilities. We maintained commercial power, generator power and battery power. Other systems including refrigeration and heating, fuel storage, water intrusion, and vault doors. It was an amazing experience to work on the facility.
Great opportunity for the right person
Firefighter/EMT (Current Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WASeptember 21, 2016
Great experience for the right personality. Not meant for everyone. Proud of my service, proud to have given my all. Its now time to focus on the personal needs of my family.

4.6