U.S. Air Force
5,452 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

a pointless entity
Vehicle Fleet Manager/Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2014
Pros: leaving work at the end of a 16 hour day because of incompetence
Cons: having to come back in just 6 hours later
literally the one branch of the U.S. Military that has become irrelevant. Led by a top heavy Officer corps with little to no integrity and only concerned with CYA. Leadership is completely out of touch with what the Airmen really need and couldn't care less about them. In my unit alone there were successful suicides and Airmen were unceremoniously kicked – more... and chaptered out for insignificant infractions. In a supposedly war time footing, the Base hospital is the tail that wags the dog, and if you don't understand why that is significant, well stop reading.
Our shop averaged 12 - 16 hour work days because of mismanagement of our available manpower. We would approx half of our shop on deployment and then bring reservists in to replace those needed slots. Instead, if they had halved the deployment requirement by spreading it more uniformly Air Force wide, it would be a non issue. – less
Exciting and Awesome experience
Program Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCAugust 20, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: limited resources on the installation
My day always started with a smile! I worked as a receptionist at the Visitor's Center of Seymour Johnson Air force base. I learned great interpersonal skills, while dealing with customers wanting access to the installation. My job allowed me to help customers gain more information about the facility, assist in booking appointments, schedule base tours – more... and issue extended passes to visitors.

I supervised and trained 4 personnel in daily duties, requirements and expectations.

They hardest part of my job was not being able to meet a visitor's needs due to other agencies not being available to assist.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the recognition I received from the visitor and my leadership for exceptional service. – less
Interesting, fun, creative, educational place to work
Vehicle Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Nellis AFB, NVAugust 20, 2014
Pros: the military benefits (i.e. dental, medical).
Cons: being away from famiy members for a long period of time.
Each day brings the chance to learn something or someone new. Each career field brings different learning experiences; Vehicle Operations brings transportation and logistics experience along with different skills such as; team work, leadership, and followership. Management is available at anytime for each employee to discuss topics and is different – more... at each location. The hardest part of the job is being away from family members for long periods of time and not being there for them when they need you. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and making new experiences such as providing support for other countries in need. – less
Intelligence Officer
Career Intelligence Officer (Former Employee), Numerous Bases stateside and overseasAugust 20, 2014
Pros: pride in mission and af culture
Cons: deployments, frustrating times due to budget cuts and some management
Intelligence personnel are in high demand. As a active duty intelligence officer, deployments and time away from family in order to support troops forward is common. Support for troops forward utilizing ISR can help keep a lot of Airmen back in the states. It was awesome working with the Airmen knowing we are providing direct support to those forward. – more... We know we are making a difference because of the kudos we receive from the guys on the ground. This is the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Best Decision
Communications Specialist (Former Employee), DelewareAugust 20, 2014
The AF taught me a valuable skill and discipline. Best decision I have ever made.
Great organizational structure and healthy atmosphere
Knowledge Operations Manager (Current Employee), Holloman AFB, NMAugust 20, 2014
A normal 7:30 to 4:30 job with excellent health benefits. Gives you time to learn on the job training and also allows you time to go to school if the job is being done with no interruptions. I learned that you have to instill tools in your subordinates if you want them to succeed and prepare them for challenges ahead. Overall, the management was great – more... and fair to everyone. The hardest part of the job was meeting the deadlines on time. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the flexibility of the job to break the monotony of it. – less
Enjoyed the job and the people that I worked with
Administration Assistant / Secretary (Former Employee), Mountain Home Ari Force Base, Mtn. Home, IDAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great people, learning opportunities
Cons: temporary job
I liked the job that I had and the people that I worked with also. People trusted that I would do a good job and I would like to think that I did. I learned different way of doing a job and the skills that I learned will stay with me. I felt honored to work with the military folks.
Great work environment
Management Analyst (Former Employee), Tinker AFB, OKAugust 19, 2014
Great work environment. Work environment was one that others valued your thoughts and personnel worked well together.
Its the Military
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Whiteman AFBAugust 19, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: hours
Its a way of life not many are ready for but for those that are it will open doors.
LOVE
Postal Clerk (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 19, 2014
This was my first job after high school and I absolutely love the Air Force and hope one day to be on the officer side of things.
Great start for a young person!!
Aircraft maintenance technician (Former Employee), World wideAugust 19, 2014
The best experience of my life! Would do it again miss it.learned more than aircraft work.
Great place to learn and grow
Supervisor/ Program Manager (Current Employee), Macdill AFB, FLAugust 19, 2014
I would suggest everyone to join the military and serve their country.
Mission Supervisor (Current Employee), Falmouth, MAAugust 19, 2014
Great people and challenging work environment. I highly recommend this employer.
This was not really a job it was my lifestyle
Chief Master Sgt Combat Communications (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 18, 2014
Pros: seeing the world
Cons: getting blown up
I dedicated my life to the military. It was my lifestyle. It is my family.
I saw the world. I grew up in the military. I had the very best and the very worst times of my life in this job, and would not change any of it ever
Very diverse
STAFF SERGEANT (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2014
The Air Force was unpredictable and quite interesting all at the same time.
Chief Operations Officer (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTAugust 18, 2014
Overall, if you are looking for challenge and reward, the US Air Force is a great place to work.
Great Work
Process Improvement Specialist / C-17 Pilot (Current Employee), McChord AFB, WAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good work, good pay
Cons: gone too much
Worked 8-5 most days except on deployments and when flying oversees. While flying days could last from 24-36 hours. 16 hours off, rinse, repeat. Great people to work with.
Great start to my life
Security Forces Instructor/Journeyman (Former Employee), Different locationsAugust 18, 2014
The air force was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. It was a great life and served me and my family well. I would do it all over again.
Demanding job
Squadron Superintendent (Former Employee), USAAugust 17, 2014
Proud of going to work everyday keeping our aircraft (Air Force) in top condition and our personnel in top training condition, ready for face any challenge that might arise.

I can go on and on about my military career...I'm just honored to have served my country...
Productive career setting with a lot to offer
Flight Operation Management 1C7X1 (Former Employee), EuropeAugust 17, 2014
Well productive and good training, offers constant growth, and benefits.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more