U.S. Air Force
6,136 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Excellent workplace.
Logistics Management Specialist (Current Employee), Moffett Field, CANovember 20, 2014
Great pay and benefits. Lots of incentives. Easy going supervisors and co-workers. Helpful management.
Program manager
ORDERLY ROOM PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee), Pope AFB, NCNovember 20, 2014
Managed several programs on a daily basis. Managed and maintained personnel files for over 400 members, including taking many extended duty days to ensure compliance with all regulations and orders
Referral Management Director
DIRECTOR, REFERRAL MANAGEMENT/CENTRAL APPOINTMENTS (Current Employee), Luke AFB, AZNovember 20, 2014
My responsibilities include serving as the manager of the Referral Management Center and Central Appointments call center; coordinating between clinics, providers, civilian specialists, and patients regarding referral management.
Educational, and Tactical
Aircrew Fight Equipment Technician (Current Employee), North Kingstown, RINovember 20, 2014
Being an airman and DOD employee for the United States Air Force is an expierence like no other. The skills and relationships you obtain are made to help you suceed and grow. I feel this expierence has prepared me for any future challenges and obstacles.
Records and Training (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 20, 2014
My managers and co-workers were wonderful. There was not a ton of work to do but there was enough to keep busy. Management was very supportive. However due to budget cuts there was not alot of room for advancement.
Built to last
Assignment Clerk - Personnel (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VANovember 20, 2014
Air Force is good at training personnel (that's the area I was in) from the basics to where you see yourself 20 years from now. Take advantage.
Serving my country was an honor
Oversight Branch Chief (Former Employee), Arlington, VANovember 20, 2014
Pros: job opportunities, professional development, career progression
Cons: lack of time
What better way than to serve one's country. I have had the opportunity to go places I would have never went on my own. I have had significant responsibilities that I would not have had if I would not have joined the military. The military has instilled in me the character trait of accountability. That is, I am not only responsible for my own actions – more... but for the actions of those around me. I will forever be a fan of the Air Force.

Fly, Fight, Win - Aim High - Go Air Force! – less
I learned a lot about Logistics and myself.
Senior Airman (Former Employee), Valdosta, GANovember 20, 2014
I worked on the flight line at the C-130/HH-60 Aircraft Part Store over two years then transferred to Individual Protective Equipment from June until I separated in September. I learned a lot about how Logistics operates (shipping, receiving, inventory) and picked up some valuable qualities such as global perspective, attention to detail, teamwork, – more... and communication. I also saw that taking initiative came rather naturally to me. A typical day included assisting customers with their orders, researching/correcting out of balance stocks, unloading property coming in, and returning unwanted property back into inventory. I had great supervisors and co-workers, we bonded rather quickly which made it easier and more fun to accomplish all of the daily tasks and maintain cleanliness. The hardest part of the job was tracking down missing property without any kind of paper trail. The most enjoyable part of the job was the accolades/awards from upper management that came with a job well done. – less
Being a student at DLI
Student in Training (Former Employee), Monterey, CANovember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, speaking other languages.
Cons: short breaks, long work days.
I was a student at DLI learning the Farsi language. Every day I was in class from 8 to 4 learning to speak, read, and listen to Farsi. I was always working with a team of 8 students, and throughout the day we had a total of about 10 teachers. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning about foreign cultures that were completely new to me.
US Air Force had great challenges
Material/Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Peterson AFB, CONovember 20, 2014
US Air Force was 25+ years of my life. It had it's sacrifices but opened up many opportunities to serve my country.
great pay and benefits
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Former Employee), Tinker AFB, OKNovember 20, 2014
has best pay and benefits then any other job i have previously had. but my recommendation is to go in as an officer.
USAF
Security Forces (Former Employee), Malmstrom AFBNovember 19, 2014
Provided me with the education and training needed for the next step in my career.
always going hard working days
Water and Fuels System Maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee), Valdosta, GANovember 19, 2014
normal work day would start at 6am , we would hand out job and who would lead the jobs those days. after morning meeting we would go out check are trucks and get to work. you could be working alone or uup to a 6 man group. we would work to keep the base up and running doing all kinds of maitnes from repairing water lines to fixing pumps. i loved that – more... we always kept busy and we were always learning . – less
Unparalelled experience with a great family oriented atmosphere, great co-workers and leadership
Materiel Manager (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers, training, benefits, brotherhood atmosphere
Cons: base salary, 6+ month periods of being away
While many things have changed since I first joined, mainly due to the ending of two conflicts and the need to wrangle the every growing budget, the overall experience I have had in the US Air Force has been great.

I have met many great people and have been able to experience many places I would have never been without joining. The pay isn't going – more... to make anyone rich but the benefits are amazing, health care, life insurance and tons of free help both monetary, mental and physical. The job can be very rewarding if you put the effort into it, the feedback system plays into favoritism from supervisors but hard work does not go unnoticed.

A great experience with memories I will take with me for life as well as the skills and knowledge gained that I think is invaluable. The military forces a person to grow and mature, and puts the focus on being detail-oriented and working on a team. We do not accomplish what we do because of one person, without team work we would not be the worlds greatest Air Force. I am excited to move onto the next chapter of my life. – less
too demanding
power Production (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 19, 2014
Long hours but same pay. Good vacation days and bonuses.But deployed alot and away from home. Hard to have a family. Great medical insurance.
Rewarding
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee), USANovember 19, 2014
Pros: jobs rewarding
Cons: long hours, always on call
You operate metalworking equipment and tools to form, cut, and fasten or repair parts to damaged aircraft structures. You Inspect, assess damage, fabricate, repair, and assemble tubing and cable assemblies for aircraft as well.
N/A
Avionics Technician (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCNovember 19, 2014
Good company. Enlisted in U.S Air Force to finish my military career. Best thing I enjoy about working with the military is that you can learn quite a bit from a diverse background as we all work together for one common goal. Supervisors and managers are available to assist in any way possible to ensure that everyone has a fair share of the same opportunity.
A Day
Security Forcea (Current Employee), Scotia, NYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: laziness
Arrive in store @ 555 in time to log in my Talxon and unlock doors to begin vendor arrival. Observe possible short coming for rest of day. I.E placement of product, increase vendor awareness, accurate bill and inventory for store. @ 605 first vendor arrives check in product and conduct audit of incoming and out going credit for store. At this time next – more... vendor is ready to come in. This process occurs about 30 times with in the next 4 hours minus store trucks.
I have learned that my job is the heart beat of the store. If I am by either product or even having an off day the store is affected.
Management appreciates the hours and hard work that I do. They also value my service to the Country.
My co-workers for the most part are very nice, knowledgeable always willing to help and have a laugh.
Hardest part is my co-workers some are lazy. This will put a wrench in the fan. I have to be accountable for al movement not only of product but employees as well. If they do something wrong this means 2-3 others have to fix it. Hence bottom line is affected. Taking time away from what is the center of our job the customer. – less
An positive learning experience.
Medical Materiel Specialist (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSNovember 19, 2014
Pros: everything
Sometimes hectic but enjoyable.
I was borne and raised in PR, when I reached Lackland AFB, there were so many ethnic groups, attitudes, lack of acceptance to differences, that I become more whole as person. I realized we are all part of the human race.
I felt very comfortable with the discipline and the communication.
My co-workers were a learning experience.
None.
The – more... most enjoyable part, everything.
Regreted not staying the whole 20 years. – less
US Air Force
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2014
The Air Force was a great experience. I gained a lot of knowledge of aircraft and aircraft systems.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more