U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 14,013 reviews matching the search
Proud to have served
Aircraft Maintenance (Former Employee) –  WorldwideJuly 27, 2017
money isn't great, can be stressful and demanding. But the pride in service and camaraderie among other military members is something you find in any other industry.
Pros
Travel, Benefits
Cons
Stressful and Dangerous
Very professional with a great miss of GS workers and Contractors
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 27, 2017
The US Air Force is a standard abiding cooperation. Any job is very professional and enforces regulations. As for Dental facility goes it was very interactive with the mix of Contracting personnel and Civilians. Nice clinic, facilities was on top of their game.
Pros
2.5 days of paid leave; monthly, Holidays
Cons
Deployments, Low pay for good jobs.
Professional all around
Unit Deployment Manager (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJuly 27, 2017
Love the people. I miss the game I need to get back in. Pay is good; its a perfect start for anybody right out of school. Can't beat the travel opportunities.
Competitive work enviornment
Communication External Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 27, 2017
Can easily get lost in my career field. Typical days work includes signals characterization, meetings and briefings. The culture is very dynamic, however understanding material can be very difficult at times.
Pros
Not Labor intensive
Cons
No windows, multiple breaks for smokers but not for nonsmokers
Strict Military office
Linguist/Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJuly 26, 2017
The time I spent going to school was great and I learned a lot. Then I worked in an office where strict procedures had to be followed. For the most part, higher ranking individuals respected the office crew and the important role we played to the squadron. Some higher ranking members were extremely rude and not appreciative. The hours were long, but the schedule was manageable. Overall the culture in the office was team oriented and supportive.
benefits
Cons
poor management
Challenging and Satisfying (Service to Our Nation)
Flight Chief (Chief Master Sergeant) (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDJuly 26, 2017
Outstanding organization with exemplary Airmen who embrace the United States Air Force Core Values of Integrity, Service Before Self and Excellence!!!
Pros
Great Leave Program, Gold Plated Medical Care, Service to the nation
Cons
Tough on the home life, Some long hours
A great and exciting way of life.
Technical Sargent (E6) United States Air Force (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAJuly 26, 2017
a standard military life style typical of the United States Air Force most of which I am not sure I could or should even talk about. As some of the job I held where classified.
Pros
A great way to see the world
Cons
Not the best pay.
Family oriented workplace
Civil Engineering Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVJuly 26, 2017
The USAF is a great career opportunity that takes care of its members. Benefits are great, the work schedule is worked around its members.its a great way to learn a trade.
Pros
competitive salaries, full benefits for its members and family
Cons
Long hours, hectic work schedules.
Favorite Job
Shift Supervisor/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 26, 2017
I absolutely LOVED, being in the Air Force. So much so that when I got out of active duty, I joined the reserves and I love that just as much! I miss the benefits of Active Duty, but I love the mentality and passion for the job that I have experienced more as a reservist. I think everyone should join the military at some point. Especially the Air Force!
Pros
Money, people, travel
Cons
depends on the person
Air Force Experience
Electronic Intelligence Exploitation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCJuly 26, 2017
Enlisting in the Air Force was the best decision I have ever made. It afforded me the opportunity to develop so many skill sets at a young age. I will always be eternally grateful for all of my experiences, both good and bad.
Pros
Self Improvement
Cons
Deployments
Daily challenges never stopped
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTJuly 26, 2017
I have served over 21 years in the United States Air Force and tackled additional workloads during 2 decades of personnel downsizing. The work environment is dynamic and always changing with numerous avenues to continually challenge yourself such as retraining into a new career field, temporarily assuming additional duties or deploying to support combat operations. the rewards are endless if you are able to sustain the operations tempo and willing to fully devote yourself to military service.
Pros
travel
Cons
ops tempo
My Enlistment at a glance
Intelligence Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 26, 2017
When I think on all the experiences and abilities I gathered from my time in the military it has, as my review indicates, been a mixed situation. For all the positives, there had been negative attributes but never so much as to overwhelm you. I felt that getting out would be the scariest hardest thing to do and in some ways this was true, but in this struggle I saw inspiration to go forth and prosper. So don't let it stop you from defending this great country but obviously keep an open mind.
Travel the world
Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJuly 26, 2017
The benefits are great, I deployed 6 times 3 times to war zones. Experienced tent living and the adventures of deployments. As you gain rank you endure a lot more additional duties. The military is not for everyone, but with anything, it's up to the individual. I did get to see the world and experience Europe, Asia, Middle East and many different States.
Pros
Education, travel, free healthcare, dental, gyms...
Cons
Deployments, sacrifice of family time, remote tours
High standard of excellence
Weapons instructor/ maintainer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2017
Once you walked in the door work started immediately. Preparing the teams to arm up for duty or training and getting weapons set aside that need to be fixed or have them inspected. Then it is maintenance and paper work during the rest of the day until the teams come and turn in their weapons at the end of the duty day.
Exactly what you expect
MEDICAL ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 26, 2017
It is the military, it's exactly what you would expect. The people, no matter what the job, make the job. Angry people make the job even more unenjoyable.
Pros
Free uniform, free meals, set schedule
Cons
Sign life away
Good employer
Law-enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 26, 2017
If somebody does not have a direction of life this is a great employer. A person can get a education with this employer.
Definitely recommend this employer.
Its the military, not much explaining needed.
Security Forces (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2017
Its the military, you are choosing to put your country before you and your family. It has its benefits and you know what you are getting into when you sign up.
Pros
Compensation, healthcare, and the people
Cons
Headache, stressful
Recommend
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 25, 2017
Great group of people from all walks of life to be part of something bigger then yourself. I recommend to anyone who is looking for a calling not just a job.
great job
Entry Controller/Force Protector (Former Employee) –  Seymour-Johnson AFB, NCJuly 25, 2017
Great place to start your career at. I served 4 years into the military, met some of the best people ever in my life. Security forces was my job, worked a lot. Did law enforcement and security.
Aim High
E-7 - Senior Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Keesler AFB, MSJuly 25, 2017
I've worked in the Air Force full-time active duty for more than 20 years. The most difficult time I experienced during my enlistment was time spent away from family. Deployment is a part of military life so by default, time spent a part is challenging. The Air Force has allowed me to travel to many countries and build relationships with other members of our military which has evolved into life friends. The Air Force challenged me in all aspects of professional and personal growth and I'm very appreciative of everything I learned.
Pros
Endless opportunities to grow educationally, professionally, and personally on an exponential global scale! Best branch for families!
Cons
None really, everything interpreted as a con is a learning experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5