U.S. Air Force
7,042 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Amazing Start on life
Safety and Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 26, 2015
The air force is definitely worth it if you are getting into it directly after high school or college. I think that the management skills they instill on you is well worth the sacrifice of joining.
Structured
E-3 Airman 1st Class (Current Employee), Knob Noster, MOMarch 26, 2015
Pros: structured
Cons: away from the family
The military broke me down then molded me to where they wanted me to be. There is nothing wrong with that. I enjoyed my time during active duty with the military. It was very structured and organized. That has stayed with me even after going inactive.
Productive and Professional work place
Apprentice air transportation (Current Employee), Homestead, FLMarch 26, 2015
Working in the Air Force has really helped me in improving my life style by making me a hard worker, very punctual, and making the Air Force core values my own. Those core values are, Integrity, Service before self, and Excellence in all we do.
Great Opportunities
MANAGER/SUPERVISOR/MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), various duty stations state side and overseasMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Beneftis
Cons: being away from family for extended periods of time
The effort you put in to the day is the reward you receive when you finish the day. It is more than just a job, it is a way of life. To be at the beckon call of the country for its defense is an ultimate responsibility that cannot be taken lightly. I was in charge of many and served under many. There are amble opportunities to change your destiny. If you desire to travel, you can. If you choose to change careers, you are able. I retired in 2001 and many things have changed since then, but one thing remains constant. The pride of serving the greatest country in the world will always be the same.
Man Up!
Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Craftsman (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Being a Man
Cons: Having to be your best
Join the AF! The best of the best are there waiting for you. Stop fooling around at some lame job and go get some real skills! Get educated, get experience, get a real job, make some money, and live a good life; this is the result of joining the AF!
Great Opportunity
Deputy Program Manager (Current Employee), Rome, NYMarch 25, 2015
Serving in the U.S. Air Force was a great opportunity! I feel honored to have been part of such a terrific organization. While there are aspects of the service I believe needs to be changed, overall, my good experiences far outnumbered the bad.
Allowed for personal and mental growth
Public Health Technician (Current Employee), Altus, OklahomaMarch 25, 2015
Situations I dealt with in the Air Force have more than improved my mental sharpness, situational awareness, and stress management skills.
United States Air Force
Aircraft Electrician (Former Employee), McChord AFB, WAMarch 25, 2015
My gained experience working with the United States Air Force as an Aircraft Electrician was an experience well gained. Working hand in hand with the worlds best heroes, working as one to get the job done was essential.
Phenominal Opportunity to serve your country
Surgical Services Flight Chief - Master Sergeant (Current Employee), San Antonio TexasMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Excellent training and growth potential
Cons: Time away from family on deployments
If you are seeking a rewarding job where you realize that you have helped someone get better...than a surgical technologist in the AF is the job for you.
Enjory working with the members.
Command Support Staff (Current Employee), Andrews AFBMarch 25, 2015
A typical day of work is starting off with everything going go then issue start coming out and we are pushing forward on getting them completed for each of the members. I have had to learn to set all item on an importance level and work form the the top dow. Hardest part of the job is watching co-workers who work here not performing there duties and not reallly caring what is happen to the members only worried about thereselves. The most enjobable part is when all the members have everything that they need to imporve themselves and that we have helped each and everyone of them.
Challenging
Weather Forecaster / Records Custodian (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTMarch 25, 2015
This job is based off shift work. There is room to travel and relocate. Although it can be hard to guess the future when you do it is highly rewarding.
It's the military.
AEROSPACE MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCMarch 25, 2015
Easy to progress if you follow guidelines and do what you're told. Stay out of trouble and work hard and you'll love it. Great pay structure; housing allowance for the area you live in and food allowance. Awesome benefits. One downfall is working salary instead of hourly due to the volume of work you have sometimes. But not different than many other jobs.
Services Men and Woman
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Working with the miltary
Cons: Limited clientel
I enjoyed this job I was able to work with Men and Women of the military service. Providing advice on upkeep of their hair and skin while service the country .
GREAT RELAXING
VEHICLE MECHANIC (Former Employee), Patrick AFB, FLMarch 25, 2015
REPLACE VEHICLE COMPONENTS ISOLATE MALFUNFTIONS
BRAKES, STEERING, DIAGNOSTIC, HVAC, ELECTRICAL, LIGHTING, TIRES , ALIGHNMENTS
Enlisted Recruiter (Current Employee), Holloman AFB, NMMarch 25, 2015
The Air Force is a large company with many different specialties. Experience and day to day operations are different for all individuals.
Air transportation Supervisor
Combat Readiness Supervisor (Current Employee), Dover, DEMarch 25, 2015
Performs and manages air transportation activities. Plans, schedules and processes eligible passengers and cargo for
air movement.. Loads and unloads passengers, cargo, and baggage moved on military and commercial-contract aircraft.
Prepares and maintains air movement records and reports. Performs aircraft cleaning services and delivers meals and
comfort item supplies to aircraft. Operates forklifts and aircraft loading equipment. Uses computer systems to provide intransit
visibility over passenger and cargo movement operations.
Perfect career for those willing
Helmets and Oxygen maintainer (Former Employee), ramstein, germany/ new hampshire, new hampshireMarch 24, 2015
The Air Force life is not for everyone, but those willing to move around do what is asked of them in a prompt and efficient manner. A typical day would include being on time or being on call prepared to be at work at any given time. I was able to expand my responsibilities in being a better mentor, leader, and efficient trainer. The hardest part of my job was to have such a great distance between myself and my family. The most enjoyable part of my job was the on the job training in different parts of the world.
Great career
Inflight Refueling Evaluator (Former Employee), Peru, INMarch 24, 2015
Probably the best years of my life were spent in the Air Force. The people you work with are some of the best. Goal oriented, but still caring about people. Many long hours, stateside and abroad, but you always knew where you stood. Supervisors had many hours of classroom training on being supervisors, and leaders. Although the mission comes first, people still matter.
Hard work pays off
Resource Advisor (Former Employee), Rapid City, South DakotaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits, connections, retirement, discounts, advancement
Cons: time away from family, poor management, constant shift changes
Being in the military can be difficult at times, but the family that you gain over the years makes it all worth it. Many people think the military is different than a normal job, but really you have a lot of the same positives and negatives of a 9-5 job.
Lead & Follow
SF Commander & Anti-terrorism Director (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 24, 2015
Pros: opportunities to lead and take risk.
Cons: rigid budget process
A great organization to service your country, while learning and developing professional skills. You will have the opportunity to lead in many stages of responsibility and programs throughout your commitment. Working with a diverse group of people from all walk of life, working together is a rewarding challenge.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries