U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 13,973 reviews matching the search
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 23, 2017
Everyone will have their own experiences. I have experienced alot of wonderful and terrible experiences but I will always be proud to be a apart of the few who risk their lives to secure everyone else's right to be free.
Pros
Secure
Cons
Deploy
Military
Centralized Tool Support Section Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 23, 2017
The military is different for everyone. If you wish to serve you should consider looking into it. It is a diverse and very rewarding as long as you can deal with constant standards in all aspects of life.
Challenging but rewarding
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 23, 2017
Just like every branch of the military there was good and bad things. Admittedly Air Force sucked the least with the other branches. I fully recommend the Air Force for people who want to get a head start.
Fun job, terrible for some
ECM Pod Shop Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 23, 2017
The air force definitely taught me how to be a leader, work smarter and all that but it definitely is not for everyone. If you want to be in the military you will enjoy it, but trust me if you do not have the job you want, it will be terrible.
its a military service. there is not much else to it.
Aircraft mechanic (Former Employee) –  Minot AFB, NDJuly 23, 2017
Do what you are told to do in a timely and efficient manner, and no problems will occur. Failure to do so is treated just like any other military branch, spoiled or not.
Pros
Military
Cons
Military
Opportunities and Adventures
Aircraft Electrical and Environmental Systems (Current Employee) –  Dobbins AFB, GAJuly 23, 2017
The USAF has been an excellent segway into doing incredibly meaningful work that helps people directly whether its in support of airlift support for humanitarian missions, or by providing honors to members who passed for their families, its been an amazing adventure and even now in the Reserves, it keeps my life interesting.
Pros
Best benefits, period!
Cons
Work-life balance can be a major problem.
Summary
COMMAND AND CONTROL OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tyndall AFB, FLJuly 23, 2017
- IT Support, desktop help
- System Admin duties
- A good chance to lead people
- Very diverse workplace
- Operations tempo was always fast
- Working with other military members was great
opportunities for advancement
Base defense operator (Former Employee) –  Fairchild AFB, WAJuly 22, 2017
work hard, and play hard. USAF will provide you with all you need. many skills attained helped me be a better person. if you dont have any direction in life or dont know what you want to do...the USAF is for you
Great Career
Supervisor/Ops Manager, Logistics Plans/Programs (Current Employee) –  Pope AFB, NCJuly 22, 2017
As long as you study and have TIS, TIG then you will promote most of the time. You get out of the AF what you put into it. Great way to obtain a degree while serving your country
benefits
Cons
rare occassion of an extended deployment
Air force is great overall
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  ItalyJuly 22, 2017
The Air Force is a wonderful job overall, but rank is taken advantage of. And personal views are too much of the work environment. Signing a contract didn't necessarily mean you are promised anything. Benefits are amazing.
Pros
Job security, benefits
Cons
Rank, biases
A variety of occupations
Unit Security Manager and Unit Deployment Manager (Current Employee) –  Osan Air Base, ROKJuly 22, 2017
The US Air Force provides a variety of occupations you can enjoy working at alongside a diverse array of individuals. Work hours can vary and extra activities may be required. The USAF provides solid jobs that can provide new skills and experience.
Very rewarding career potential
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 22, 2017
Duty calls and there is always work to be done. Training and assistance always available. Travel and benefits are part of the package. See the world and get paid.
Pros
Training, Disciplne, Work, Pay, Benefits, Retirement
Cons
Conditions are not always favorable
Wonderful.
Aircraft Armament Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 22, 2017
With lots to do day to day this job keeps you on your feet.
There are lots of fun people to attend to on a day to day bases.
Management always has you on the go with new experiences and lots to learn.
The friendly environment is a good leaning experience with defferent back grounds of different people.
The hardest part about this job is to not have time to get to help everyone before the end of the day.
Best place to be.
Aerospace Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2017
The Air Force is a great place to work. If you are looking for a secure career, with great pay and benefits, this is the place. It is definitely a lifestyle here, and a complete brotherhood.
Amazing place to find your path in life
Security Forces member (Former Employee) –  WorldwideJuly 21, 2017
Best job I ever had and it is still paying off because of my GI Bill I am able to attend undergrad and soon starting my MBA all for free and get paid.
Wonderful job for motivated people
Director Functional Testing & Call Center (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 21, 2017
Not a life for everyone, but is a great life! You have endless opportunity to advance limited only by your motivation. There are ample opportunities to travel and see the world.
Very intense disciplined training
Security Forces Apprentice (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2017
I learned how to deal with stressful environments and how to adapt and overcome any situation. The most enjoyable part of this job was the partnerships I developed with fellow Airmen.
Life experiences
Security Forces Member (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Langley-EustisJuly 21, 2017
A lot of opportunities and quality training. Get to work with all walks of life. Time consuming but there is a sense of purpose in what you do. Your career is in your hands.
thanks
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2017
great place to work all employees were nice and organized. i would recommend this company to those who would like to apply. thanK you for the opporunity
Usaf
Non-Destructive Inspector (Former Employee) –  WAJuly 21, 2017
I always tell people who plan on joining our fighting forces, "Best/Worst time of my life". If you're looking to transform your life (for the better in my opinion) talk to a recruiter and see what's available. I'd do it all over again if I could.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5