U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,990 reviews matching the search
n/a
Material Management (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJuly 28, 2016
Working in the Air Force is great. You get to meet new people with different backgrounds and you also get to travel the world. My favorite thing about the Air Force is physical training also known as PT.
Great Job
Intelligence Specialist (Operations/Humint) (This (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2016
As an Intelligence Specialist for the US Army I found the time to be almost as good as being on Active Duty...in some ways better. During this period the 513th MI Bde turned our office over to the Army Operations Group (AOG) which was good but would have preferred remaining with the 513th.
My past experience
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDJuly 28, 2016
Serving my country in the United States Air Force will always be one of the proudest most rewarding experiences. I have worked many jobs from entry level to management. The best part of working was helping my fellow Airmen and military brethren and their families
Great Benefits, Horrible Culture
Cryptologic Language Analyst (Current Employee) –  GlobalJuly 27, 2016
If your home life is important to you, don't join the military. There is a 17% retention rate at my current duty station and the Wing Command Chief Master Sergeant came to tell us (in summary), "It is the way that it is because the Air Force is getting the overall results that it wants. Don't expect your work or home life to get better."
Pros
Steady salary, regular eventual promotion opportunities
Cons
Work culture, slowest promotion rate of all military branches, leadership, leadership development, work environment
Productive workplace that helps people daily
Core Laboratory Non Commissioned Officer (Current Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NEJuly 27, 2016
Can be tedious day to day, but it's healthcare so you get to help people. Management can be disconnected at times. You get really close to your co-workers. You might end up deploying with them.
serving our country
Food Service and some Administrative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2016
work, work, work
learned that we were there to make a difference and serve our country with no regrets
hardest part of job was getting deployed and leaving my son as i was a single parent
most enjoyable was seeing the rest of the world, new cultures, meeting people, and different menus
benefits
Cons
leaving loved ones to go do a job
Something you have to try for yourself
Cyber Transport Technician (Former Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NEJuly 27, 2016
Military life is not for everyone and I am not going to just kid anyone by saying that everyone should do it. I have learn many valuable skills and gain a lot of life experience in my travels with the military. In my career field it was dull and exciting at times. Some of most exciting time was when I was turn loose on a problem and was told to solve it and given just a deadline. Along with a reminder that whatever method I used should be one that is within regulations.
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer Chief Aircrew (Former Employee) –  Kirtland AFB, NMJuly 27, 2016
USAF Special Operations Flight Engineer, the best 21 years of my life. Many friends were made and the no man left behind was how we lived.
Pros
Friendship
Cons
Long Hour
productive learning experiance
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  McConnell AFB, KSJuly 27, 2016
-A typical work day for my job field was never predictable, I constantly had to think on my feet to manage situations within the workplace
-I learned to be responsible and very careful
-Coworkers were easy to work with
Opportunities for longevity and experience in multiple job areas.
Military Service Member (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 26, 2016
Stable job security with a dedicated populous, education and training provided, professionalism-emersion and saturation, situational awareness on many levels.
Pros
Many benefits for living standards and medical/dental avenues.
Cons
Much time spent away from family.
Air Force
Structures Engineer (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJuly 26, 2016
Ive learned a lot in the Air Force, people are great to work with, I enjoy my job and everyone works together.
the hardest part about the job is getting orders to get deployed for 4-6 months. It'll be hard on having a family.
Most enjoyable part is that you can see the world, not many people can say they been around the world in a couple years.
Pros
Learn alot
Excellent place to work and learn a great trade while serving your country.
Supervisor/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJuly 26, 2016
A typical work day would be to arrive early for work and figure out what all needed done for the day. Make sure all machines were in operational condition. Account for all tool and equipment make sure nothing was left on a plane. One great thing I learned from this job is to learn from those around you. Everyone has a different way of doing things. Always listen to the more experienced people you work with the learn what they have learned over the years. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you are part of something bigger then yourself helping people all over the world. Also you get to decided how far you go and advance in your career.
Integrity First
Superintendent, Information/Systems Management (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJuly 26, 2016
It was a beautiful 22 years of military experience. The Core Values "Integrity First, Family Model, Excellent in All I do, and Service before Self" were instrumental in shaping of my life.
Great work/life Bakance
Air Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dobbins ARB, GAJuly 25, 2016
The organizational culture is a very biased and the promotions are very slow. I much prefer the Army culture which feels more like a family. The Air Force feels like is just another corporation.
Officer, Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXJuly 25, 2016
It was recommended that I check into the military as a great way to build experience on a resume. When I checked into the recruitment office, my timing was perfect. The military was looking for registered dietitians to enter the Air Force fully qualified to supplement their small internship. It was great experience.
Benefits
Cons
Unethical rules
Great for meeting people and learning new things
Aircraft Armament Weapon Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shaw AFBJuly 25, 2016
Lots of hands on but it is hard to be rated with your peers and maintain a normal life style at the same time. Most of the people you work with are the same as you, so you grow close and form close friendships.
Pros
Medical Care
Cons
no telling what hours you are going to work week to week
Amazing Career
Security Forces Member (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 25, 2016
Working as an Airman in the Air Force is hard but rewarding in the sense that you are serving your country and you also get to meet new people and see new places.
Pros
New People/ places
Cons
childish people
Everyday
Aircrew Flight Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 25, 2016
I arrive at work, I see the tasks that I have been assigned to complete that day and then myself and my team work very hard to complete those tasks.
Cons
Short breaks
United States Air Force
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 24, 2016
My time in the military was a very technical career working with people from all over the country. It was face paced and no room for error, I loved every minute of it.
Good place to learn leadership skills
Industrial Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 23, 2016
Working the the USAF will give you many opportunities to advance in both your career and your skills. They provided leadership and communication classes which will help you learn to eventually lead teams. Healthcare benefits are probably the best you can get and you rarely ever have to worry about getting billed for anything.
Pros
Healthcare, Advancement
Cons
Physical fitness test hold more weight than work performance or skills

4.6