U.S. Air Force

7.8K reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Highly focused, structured, rewarding and no nonsense
Trainee (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Structured, well paying, near perfect job security, guaranteed advancement opportunities, high degree of camaraderie, no nonsense
Cons: Very little downtime, high physical demand, not really what I was looking for
It was a great experience to help me to grow and expand my horizons, even if it did turn out to not be what I was looking for with my life. The high degree of focus and structure, combined with a no nonsense outlook, made for a very enjoyable environment for me. Recreation had a specific time and place, which was not during working hours, which is the type of work I really enjoy. I was challenged every day to do my best, and strove for that degree of excellence to which I was pushed. Growing and maturing happened as a natural part of my time there, and I was very pleased with this.
military mindset
Boiler Plant Operator (Current Employee), Bedford, MAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: government job with benefits
Cons: hours of work
just put us on a rotating every shift schedule and it repeats every two weeks.The work is easy but the shift isn't very pleasant for a person to maintain a work life balance.
Work for an organization bigger than yourself
CHIEF of STAFF (Former Employee), Scott AFB, ILJuly 28, 2015
Great to serve your country and lead men and women from around the United States. World-class organization in defense of our nation.
U.S. Air Force, one of the best organizations in the free world.
Military Service Specialist (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free travel.
Cons: None.
The greatest opportunity to apply all you have learned, to work with the most dedicated people, to accomplish the most rewarding benefit in the world, freedom.
good for a career best if single
N/A (Former Employee), San AntonioJuly 28, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: management
early wake up
hands on and physical fitness
management is big and you are little
a lot of great people but also not so great
being rushed to do nothing happens a lot in training
traveling and meeting people from all over was a great experience
Poor leadership, but great resources/advancement.
Surveillance Technician (Former Employee), Hill AFBJuly 28, 2015
You know how/when to advance in rank/salary, and it's essentially all on you. Benefits are great, made over 30k starting salary at 18 years old and married.
Security Forces
Military Working Dog Handler/Trainer (Former Employee), Moody AFB, GAJuly 28, 2015
I enjoyed my time with the Air Force. Spent 20 years protecting the country and will always stand tall to protect those in uniform.
I loved serving in or United States Air Force!
USAF (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2015
The USAF is a great place to live, learn and serve. The missions are one of a kind and my coworkers were like family. I would recommend anyone seeking a life changing experience to serve.
Well structured step-by-step training for success.
Crew Chief (KC-135) (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 28, 2015
its the military. It creates men out of boys. what else needs to be said?

World class training by world class individuals.
Postive and fulfiling years
Chaplain (Former Employee), South Dakota, Southwest Asia, EnglandJuly 27, 2015
Service to our country was rewarding beyond compare. The situations of high value and very meaningful. Three locations in three years gave me a great understanding of other cultures and also placed me with our heroes in a war zone where we served together with dignity and courage.
Retire
Aviation Resource Manager Superintendent (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 27, 2015
Great to work in Hawaii and with the National Guard, very gratifying way to end my 20 years of service in the United States Air Force.
Fast paced. With many unique problems to solve daily.
Electrical and Environmental Specialist. (Former Employee), GoldsboroJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits.
Cons: Excessive work hours/weekends.
The Air Force is a lifestyle. Some love it, while others don't. I enjoyed solving problems and fixing jets. But, the workload with the work force available is laughable. It was a ton of work. In the end met brothers and sisters for life, so it was worth it.
Its The Air Force What do you Expect
Electronics and Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2015
Its the united states airforce what do you expect its the us military, i met a lot of great people serving in the military and i deffinatley agree the air-force takes great care of its members compared to ther branches
Slower Paced Working Environment
Strategic Planner (Current Employee), Wright-Patterson AFB, OHJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Predictable work schedule
Cons: Slow work environment, lack of work
Typical Day: 7:30 to 4:00 pm
What I have learned is that going from a fast pace work environment to a slow pace work environment is extremely hard.
Have amazing co-workers who will accomplish the mission no matter the hurdles presented
The hardest part of the job is keeping myself busy
The most enjoyable part of my job is being involved with the United States Air Force as a civilian employee
Culinary Program Manager
Culinary Program Manager (Former Employee), Minot AFB, NDJuly 27, 2015
Cons: Long work hours
Great place to work. I was given the opportunity to learn about so many things, from basic vegetable prep, to stocks, fish, meats, and pastry. I learned an incredible amount in the short time period, and could not be more thankful and enthusiastic about the whole experience.
important work completed daily
Security Policeman/Duty Supervisor (Former Employee), Schriever AFB, COJuly 27, 2015
A typical day at work was remaining vigilant for intrusions, detaining and apprehending suspects, keeping peace in work places/housing, providing DV security, conducted reports and analysis of all violations and incidents of military, DoD and civilian personnel.
Work hard, Play hard.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), England, NevadaJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Honor, pride, strength, victory
Cons: away from family, 12 hour weekend duty
The United States Air Force is a privilege and honor to be a part of. Much fun and morale come along with a hard day of work. Working with / for maintenance is a blessing and a curse. Long hours, but rewarding to see the fighter jets in the air producing sorties. Best job/career I have ever had the opportunity to be a part of.
USAF
Network Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOJuly 27, 2015
Provides mission critical voice, data, and video services. Installs, upgrades, replaces, configures, and maintains systems/circuits/IP-based intrusion detection systems that access military, Federal, and commercial networks. Manages infrastructure devices and systems using the latest approved software tools.

Deploys and operates expeditionary communications systems. Uses agile logistics support – more... channels to sustain continuous network operations. Removes, repairs, and replaces assemblies and subassemblies to optimally sustain voice, data, and video networks.

Establishes priorities, maintains, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs network systems equipment and circuits utilizing tools and test equipment. Isolates malfunctions using diagnostic software, technical data, block diagrams, voltage and waveform measurements, and other tests requiring specialized test equipment.

Monitors performance of systems and circuits. Coordinates with coalition forces, DoD agencies, and other service providers to analyze and isolate performance faults and implement corrective actions. Checks equipment for serviceability and performs preventive maintenance. Isolates faults by coordinating with commercial service providers and depots to test system components and assemblies. – less
police officer usaf
Patrol Officer (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLJuly 27, 2015
typical day would be driving around until a call would come up or run code
there's a lot to learn in this job
great co workers
16 hours shifts
Patriotic fun and challenging work environment
Electronic Warfare Technician (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Great experience
Cons: tough on home life
I loved all of my experiences that I had while serving my country. I have been able to travel to different countries and see different cultures. I worked on several different types of aircraft as an Electronic Warfare Technician. I gained insight and experiences fro being a Resource Advisor by doing the budget and taking care of all the assets.
Headquarters