U.S. Air Force
7,412 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Great life experience
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits, education, expertise
Cons: Rules that controlled personal lives
- Typical medical environment
- Management skills
- Certain managers were constantly pushing for group excellence
- Co-workers were always willing to help
- Certain managers were only in it to bring others down
- Was a part of something more than just a job
Great organization to work at
Cyber Systems Operations Technician (Former Employee), HIMay 25, 2015
Many opportunities for advancement and leadership. Was exposed to many systems and technologies. It's a great place for young men and women to learn new skills while serving their country.
Feeling part of something bigger then yourself, having an Air Force family everywhere you go.
Military Training Leader, AGE Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Sam Houston, Offutt AFB, Kadena AFBMay 25, 2015
Being an Airman is not just a job, it is a way of life. We have all been told we are not just in the Air Force when we are on duty, but we are in the Air Force 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It is important to taking a few moments every day to personally regain and maintain perspective. Being an Airman means not just accepting the standards and values of the Air Force, but embracing and internalizing them. The Air Force's core values- our core values, the Airman's creed, the Air Force mission, vision, and priorities- they are more than mere words to be memorized and recited, they are a way of life.
Good people
Fuels Laboratory Supervisor (Current Employee), Tucson, AzMay 25, 2015
The people are excellent. Schedule is pretty constant. I just would like to have a little more time not being away from my family.
A great way of life
Cardiopulmonary Laboratory Craftsman (Former Employee), Various locationsMay 24, 2015
The Air Force is a great career! It taught me the true meaning of honor and "Service before self". I would recommend joining to anyone!
Good training, poor leadership
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee), Oklahoma CItyMay 23, 2015
Learned skills in individual therapy, adult and child maltreatment and substance abuse prevention. Excellent benefits and decent pay, as well.
Productive shop
Aircraft Structural Maintainer (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAMay 23, 2015
Everyday life at work consisted of painting, mixing paints and sealant, sanding, prepping for sand and paint, occasionally picking panels as well as shooting cherry max rivets. Prepping for paint and Sand were our major responsibilities.
I learned how to be a strong individual
Airman Basic, Security Forces Apprentice (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasMay 22, 2015
I loved serving my country and I cannot describe how much I appreciate the discipline that was instilled in me. I met a lot of new people but the hardest part about serving my country was being away from my loved ones.
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), NCMay 22, 2015
Its the military, you know what you sign up for. You go to basic training and then you go to a technical school. Pick your job before you go to basic. Do not go in open, you will get a job you may not want.
Great Career
Munitions Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOMay 22, 2015
This was the best job I have ever had. I had a great career and was able to travel the world. This job taught me leadership and professionalism. I would do this job again in a heartbeat.
Great opportunities exist
Lead Production/Quality Assurance Superintendent (Former Employee), NumerousMay 21, 2015
Pros: Travel and benifits
Cons: None
Day to day operations are so unpredictable that it never gets old.

Learned a lot of great things from people from around the world, not to mention all the technical and personal education opportunities and benefits.

Great culture that drives you to perform at your best.

Hardest part of the job would have to be all the time spent abroad away from family, thought this doesn't apply to all careers.

Coincidentally, traveling was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the job...
Productive but rewarding position
Flying Crew Chief Program/Project Manager (Former Employee), Little Rock AFB, ARMay 21, 2015
Pros: Rewarding diligent workers
Cons: Short notice tasking
Reviewing off-site tasking requirements for aircrew.
Selecting personnel for upcoming off-site tasking.
Reviewing personnel records for up-to-date training and certifications
Enjoyed my time
Finance Customer Service (Former Employee), U.S Air ForceMay 21, 2015
I love working in the military. It was rewarding being able to help those who needed my knowledge. Having great customer skills makes your day much better.
Educational, Productive place to work
Tactical Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCMay 21, 2015
* Perform a pre-flight inspection on the aircraft, help pilots with gear into the cockpit. Perform a launch inspection, upon aircraft return perform a recovery inspection, refuel, then a through-flight inspection. then repeat with a launch inspection, recovery inspection. followed by a basic post flight inspection or a BPO. then Perform and maintenance tasks required. i.e. brakes,tires,panels, hydraulic components, refuel,defuel ect..
* I learned how to become an aircraft mechanic.
Worked at a boot camp squadron as a administrative assistant
Administration Manager at 326 TRS (Former Employee), Lackland AFBMay 21, 2015
Pros: learning how to be more disciplined. multiple outings for lunches
Cons: early mornings, long nights. abuse of power from some members
My military experience was different then others as I had the orders to work in boot camp which I can say is a different experience then other military occupations. Long days and nights but you will learn how to be disciplined and handle with other members .
A great job
E2 (Current Employee), Biloxi MSMay 21, 2015
the military is something everybody should try it has taught me so much and i love it. the air force takes care of the troops and has great benifits
Overall
Program Manager (Former Employee), Fort George G Meade, MDMay 21, 2015
Organization provides a lot of opportunities and has an excellent work culture. The only limits are those you set for yourself.
Productive environment
Tactical Maintenance Team Member (Former Employee), ArizonaMay 20, 2015
Learned and experienced maintenance management and data management through many different situations and training.
Excellent Opportunity for Anyone
Superintendent, Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Luke AFB, AZMay 20, 2015
A great environment to learn and to grow up in. An especially good place to start off if you're fresh out of highschool. You will learn discipline and about diversity. A military career might not be for everyone, but it does build a good work ethic and you will face/learn a lot of life lessons that others from your hometown may never learn. Traveling, learning about other cultures, and the education programs available to you in the military are also definite perks!
Amazing comradery that pays well with great benefits
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Tinker AFB, OKMay 20, 2015
Pros: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, comfortability
Cons: No overtime, tough to advance, long hours, deployments
Joining the United States Air Force was the single greatest decision I made in my life. It turns boys into men and gives you life skills that you will carry on forever. The brotherhood and bonds you make will last a lifetime.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries