U.S. Air Force
6,830 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Work Horse
Leader, Patrolman, Internal and External Security (Current Employee), Cheyenne Mountain AFS Colorado SpringsFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: medical benefits, education benefits, and living conditions
Cons: 14-16 hour shifts, hard to complete college, and lack of rest
Being in the Air Force, I had learned in the last six years what it takes to maintain a healthy and productive lifestyle. I had learned to help others, follow, and lead to the best of my ability. I understand very well and able adapt to many environments. The most difficult thing about my career field as a Security Forces member would be the long work hours and all of the physical training. I understood that it came with the territory, therefore at the same time it also became my most enjoyable part. Learning responsibility as a young adult was also a little tough because I deployed early and had the biggest responsibility of my life. I knew lives were at stake and it was also the best feeling to know I was taking care of people, not just as fellow co-workers but as human beings (family).
Great Time
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: pay & medical benefits
Cons: time away from family
The best part about my job was the people I met and friends I'll have for a lifetime. Also having the opportunity to serve my Country was amazing.
Great camaraderie, hard and fast paced job, honorable duty.
Rank Staff Sergeant, Grade E5 (Former Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits and great job advancement.
Cons: high stress at times.
A typical day in the aircraft hanger in which I worked consisted of equipment maintenance, wash rack clean up of equipment, and delivering serviceable equipment out to pilots on the base flight line. I learned how to work with a team to achieve goals. I learned that you are only as strong as your weakest link. The most important aspect I learned from my job is that you have to have 3 main qualities to succeed in life. You have to have integrity, put service before yourself, and strive to be excellent in everything that you do. Management changed periodically but overall most supervisors were very knowledgeable and very mentoring. My co-workers were the best part of the job. We worked together everyday and accomplished great tasks even under stressful situations. Hardest part of my job in the Air Force was the time that I had to spend away from my family. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was serving my Country and making my family proud.
Military Life
Superintendent of Safety (Current Employee), HawaiiFebruary 28, 2015
Most of my days are spent addressing safety issues involving the military of 52% of the Earth's surface. Occasionally I have to participate in military affairs but mostly I concentrate on my primary duties.
Unfair and discriminatory
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee), Goodfellow AFB, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: decent pay, free rent, free healthcare, free food, travel
Cons: discrimination, anti-gay, homophobic practices, job politics
Extremely negative experience. Just because they repealed Don't Ask Don't Tell and DOMA doesn't mean the higher level command has changed their opinions on gay service members. Constant threats and harassment and when I went to my chain of command, they did nothing. The Air Force is entirely anti-gay.
Great training opportunities
Security Forces Journeyman (Former Employee), Beale AFB, CAFebruary 27, 2015
You have the chance to get as much or as little training as you want. You can better your job knowledge and get further education while in if you are willing to work hard for it.
Great life experience
Crew Chief (Former Employee), Edwards AFB, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Hard work and dedication to serve your country on a daily basis no matter what the job task is in front of you. Being able to work on aircraft like the A-10, F-22 and F-16 was the greatest experience I could ask for while serving my time in the USAF.
Best Choice Ever Made
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: excellent
I am so grateful for The Air Force. It gave me a direction in life like no other. There I picked up a sense of purpose with a variety of skills that will be utilized for a lifetime
Very creative job opportunty
Security Forces Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 27, 2015
I loved being in the Air Force. Meeting new people and traveling was a great experience. The hardest part of the job was basic training and after this training was the best that I could experience until later. I learned a lot. Attention to detail, patience and discipline. My co-workers were great and I would do everything all over again if I were 20 again.
Dedication and Hard Work go a long way
Avionics Electronic Warfare Systems Technician (Former Employee), Shaw AFB SCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: close friends and a seance of meaningfulness
Cons: long hours and hard work for little praise
Not an overly stressful job. It taught me a lot on how to manage and relate to people of diverse backgrounds and how to follow and lead correctly. For the most part the people associated with my area of expertise were kind and supportive in there own way. But the hardest part of the job is understanding that its not over when you get off of work. The best part of the job would be the people associated with it, they are overwhelmingly supportive when you need a friend.
Proud to serve
Instructor/Instructor Supervisor (Current Employee), Sheppard AFB, TXFebruary 26, 2015
military culture is changing and hard to determine whether its for the better or worse at this point. Sometimes the Air Forces plan does not match up with our own lifes plans
Invest in your future
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Luke Air Force BaseFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: training, pay, environment
Cons: frequent moves and deployments
The United States Air Force is a highly professional organization that provides unparalleled training and support to its members. The benefits and compensation for serving until retirement can't be matched in today's corporate environment.
Review
Airman (Former Employee), n/aFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Loved being in the military. The overall treatment throughout the ranks was fair. Would rejoin and work for this career again in a heartbeat. Good people and well educated.
Serve you country well
Instructor Loadmaster (Former Employee), McGuire AFB NJFebruary 26, 2015
It is a experience if I had to do over again, I would do it the same way, you learn a lot about yourself and other cultures from around the world, Air Force is the only way to serve.
Great place to mentor and build subordinates
Flight Chief (Former Employee), GloballyFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: around the clock work schedules
This is a great place to be if you want to travel the world, get a great education, and build lasting friendships. One can start at the entry level and progress with time to what ever rank or position they can throughout testing and performance appraisals.
32.5 yrs of enjoyable work
Deputy Director/Colonel (Former Employee), Robins AFB, GAFebruary 26, 2015
USAF and USAFR are great places to work and learn. I enjoyed my time serving and looking forward to continuing to serve our military men and women by supporting them.
A different path
Senior Airman (Former Employee), New MexicoFebruary 26, 2015
The military is always a good choice for those that need to grow up some. It teaches you management skills, personal pride, grooming and other useful skills you will need in life.
Material Supply
Material Supply (Former Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOFebruary 26, 2015
I got to work on the flight line, watching airplanes land and take off, data entry, worked with amazing people, customer service, shipping/receiving, and working out.
Excellent cross-cultural exposure
Healthcare Program Admin / Resource Management (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: ops tempo
Unparalleled training and development. Exposed to international business practices under outstandting leadership/mentors.
Early opportunities for leadership experience
Captain - Project Officer (Former Employee), Shaw AFB, SCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: access to new technologies and training
Cons: travel away from the family.
Developed state of the art command and control systems while working with counterpart representatives from the Navy, Marine Corp, Army and various security agencies.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more