U.S. Air Force
6,293 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Enjoy patient care
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 19, 2014
Pros: helping patients
Cons: no breaks
12 hour shifts, 5 days per week. Pulled call for the OR. Learned how to handle critical situtations in the OR and Post Anesthesia Unit. Enjoyed all the different types of surgeries and helping the patients recover.
Hardest part of any job in the medical field is when you lose a paitent.
I love taking care of patients and their families.
typical day at work
transportation manager (Former Employee), washington dcDecember 19, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: long hours
no two days were the same, most days started with physical fitness in the mornings followed by briefings on what was scheduled for the day, training was ongoing for deployments and the normal work still had to be accomplished
A day's work
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee), Suitland, MDDecember 19, 2014
A typical work day is dealing with employees for an eight hour day period. Also, interacting with guest. Making sure that my employees are following AAFB standard in cleaning the hotel rooms. The hardest part of the job ensuring that we do not have any guest complaints. The most enjoyable part of my job is the teamwork and commitment we have for the – more... guest and agency. – less
Productive Career.
Parachute Rigger (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYDecember 18, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: having to leave home from time to time
Can not give a much information. Although being in the United States Air Force has help me develop a better way of interacting with people from all over the world and understand how other people operate which has helped me in my civilian employment.
Proud to serve
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Sumter, SCDecember 18, 2014
Proud to have served my country. Paid training. Travel opportunities. Paid high education program. Best learning experience around. Advise others to serve and enjoy. Opportunity to meet others from all walks of life.
Customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee), AlbuquerqueDecember 18, 2014
customer flow can average from 400 to 2000 daily all with different needs. all needs must be net in a timely manner and still with quality customer service and care. i learned time management, how to set priorities, follow rules and regulations. followership is just as important as leadership qualities. always greet the customer with a smile and be – more... positive in every situation. do not rush into things without thinking. – less
Provides life skills with unbeatable experiences
AGE Flight Chief (Branch Manager) (Former Employee), Korea and CaliforniaDecember 18, 2014
Amazing job training that translates into college credits, college reimbursement, world wide travel and competitive pay...it is hard to beat a job that provides the opportunities of the Air Force.
Freedom
Senior Airman (E-4) (Former Employee), APO,AEDecember 18, 2014
Pros: traveling the world. serving my country. meeting new people. growing stronger.
Cons: deployment
The most rewarding thing ever achieved.
Management made me the hard-working, ambitious person I am today.
The hardest part of serving in the Military was deployment training because that meant our lives were being put at risk.

I learned to be punctual, professional,respectful and respected.
Crew Chief
Dedicated Crew Chief (Former Employee), Abilene, TXDecember 18, 2014
Primary role of inspection/scheduled and unscheduled maintenance/servicing. Supervised 5 troops with the responsibility of supervising all under my rank. Sent around the world on missions and deployments.
Steady Work
Student of advanced electronics (Former Employee), Biloxi MSDecember 18, 2014
Really learned a lot about electronics and troubleshooting
Job with security.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Glendale, AZDecember 18, 2014
Pros: health care and g.i. bill
Cons: long hours
There are many jobs in the Air Force and just like any other big company there are hard ones and easy ones. My job was fulfilling, but the hours were not ideal. Depending on the career field, it can make it hard on a family. You have to be very flexible so everything at home has to be in order. Your shifts can change at any moment. Most people will – more... try to help and have your back, but you can only help so many, The best part of the job was always when it was steady and normal hours. You always feel more fulfilled when you can get more done a the hours given. But sometimes you get stuck doing other shifts work and being there for 14 hours and then no one gets along anymore and management is so new they don't know what to do to help yet. The Air Force is going through some changes and some of us are going thought the hardest part of it. People are being moved around from office to office or section to section every 6 months and right now its not healthy, but I hope that someone knows whats happening and that this is for the better of the companies future. – less
It was an experience I'll never forget
Munitions Systems Journeyman (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLDecember 18, 2014
Pros: workload, benefits, friends
Cons: inexperienced airmen, unqualified staff
For the 5 years that I was active duty, I probably had more experience with so many different environments than I've had in my life. The friendships, the workload, the sense of duty is just a few of the things I would never forget. From the creation and building of munitions, to driving on flight lines being within inches of running engines and air – more... crews was the chance of a lifetime. – less
Always busy but very rewarding
Supply Clerk (Current Employee), South CarolinaDecember 18, 2014
Love my job in the Air Force.
I enjoy working in the supply field.
There is always something new to learn about either my job, management or standards.
I like to stay busy so there is always something to do.
The hardest part of the job is the 6 month deployments away from my family.
Very upbeat and productive work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Valdosta, GADecember 18, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: deep cleaning
Being a housekeeper was not easy whatsoever. There is alot to learn, and do. I enjoyed the management, and the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job was just keeping up with the Air Force standards of cleaning.
Great learning experience
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Travis AFB, CADecember 17, 2014
The best life experience I ever had. I wish they did not cut there budget or else I'd go back in.
Great
Services Journeyman (Former Employee), Panama City, FLDecember 17, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: long days
I would work here forever if I could but hey thats life and I had to move onto another chapter in my life. I have nothing but good memories about my experiences. Ive learned alot and still learning.
Small Piece to World-Wide Puzzle
Analyst Supervisor (Current Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLDecember 17, 2014
Typical day consists of mentoring the younger troops, verifying Junior Analyst work, and prioritizing requests from Senior Leadership.
Experience Galore
Wing Information Assurance Manager (Current Employee), Dyess AFB, TXDecember 16, 2014
Working here provides excellent training and broadening opportunities. I have learned a variety of IT related skill sets from working for this organization.
United States Air Force
Dietary Technician (Current Employee), Chicopee, MaDecember 16, 2014
The Air Force is wonderful. It is the Air Force. I have learned a lot about being a team member. Management is great. My co-workers are wonderful
Disappointingly non professional work environment.
Architect/Design Project (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 16, 2014
Pros: 40 hr work week with very little overtime
Cons: low pay and no incentive pay.
No job security and very low pay. I would not recommend to any professional Architect or Engineer.

The work environment was fraught with deception and backstabbing. The company had no regard for saving tax payers money.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more