U.S. Air Force
7,423 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Rewarding experience, ability to travel, great benefits
Master Sergeant (Former Employee), Multiple LocationsMay 27, 2015
Work days vary from 8 to 16 hour days depending on the workload. Plenty of opportunities for advancement. Received quality management education and experience.
Great people and great place to work.
Controller (Former Employee), Travis AFB, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: People leave
Great place to work. People are unique and worked as a team. The hardest part of the job is knowing people may move anytime. Most enjoyable part of his job is a steady work rhythm.
great education
Paramedic/Medical Specialist (Former Employee), Holloman AFB, NMMay 26, 2015
Pros: free cloths and meals.
Cons: all good
It was a great experience, i was a paramedic and loved every minute. I left to improve my life and work experience. I did moved on to work for United Airlines.
Providing Mission Ready Airmen and Aircraft....Winning Today's Fight and Securing America's Future
Logistics & Transportation Director (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSMay 26, 2015
As the Logistics and Transportation Director, my team and I would be involved in many facets of accomplishing the missions that are assigned to the 403d wing from providing Tactical Airlift to Weather Reconnaissance to Agile Combat Support.
Excellent experience
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), World Wide United StatesMay 26, 2015
Great experience, got to travel and do things that most individuals would not be able to do and see. Different challenges and tasks day to day working on aircraft, met a lot of different people from a variety of backgrounds. People in the workplace made the job exciting day in and out.
Serve your country
Senior Emergency Action Controller (Former Employee), Sumter, SCMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great money long term and education benifits
Cons: It's military life.
Like all other military jobs, there is the possibility of deployment and the inability to predict future stations. Benefits are great and educational opportunities are far better than anywhere else. 100% tuition and supplies.
Challenging and Rewarding
Senior Trial Counsel - Special Victim's Unit (Current Employee), Nellis AFB, NVMay 26, 2015
Great experience for young attorneys who are looking to serve their country and work with outstanding people. Perfect opportunity to get litigation experience and other skills.
Hard work, stong relationships
Aircraft Armament Mechanic (Former Employee), Moody AFB, GAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits, interesting culture of people
Cons: Short breaks, long hours, $5.50/hour
A typical day was a 12 hour shift, spent with the same people day in and day out. Generally, you went home so exhausted, working from 1400 to 0200 hours, falling asleep at 0300 hours, waking up at 1200 hours, and realizing you couldn't get anything done in the next two hours, so you get ready for work again. I learned that hard work with a dedicated crew can be rewarding towards bonds. My co-workers became my best friends, but there was a separation line. Airmen and Airmen first class were friends. Some Senior Airmen would begin to separate, and grow closer to the Staff Sergeants. The cycle continued up the chain.
The hardest part was the lifestyle. The expectations. Also, knowing my friend back home working at McDonalds was making as much as I was, with shorter hours, and friendlier people. I know if you add in the benefits, enlisted people make more, but sometimes it's the take-home money you enjoy more.
The most enjoyable was knowing going out in your uniform meant you were looked at with respect.
Amazing work and life experience.
Munitions Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Holloman AFB, NMMay 26, 2015
The military is by far the most rewarding thing I've ever done. The sense of job security, of teamwork, and pride that I got from being part of the United States military will stay with me for the rest of my life.
Productive work place
Aircraft Armament Mechanic (Former Employee), Moody AFB, GAMay 26, 2015
A typical day for me started at 2 P.M and ran until 2 A.M. I would check out my tools, and begin working a non-stop pace. I learned dedication, responsibility,and how to manage time wisely. The hardest part of the job was the stress of the time crunches, but it taught us to work harder, while getting the job done right. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of serving my country.
Great life experience
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits, education, expertise
Cons: Rules that controlled personal lives
- Typical medical environment
- Management skills
- Certain managers were constantly pushing for group excellence
- Co-workers were always willing to help
- Certain managers were only in it to bring others down
- Was a part of something more than just a job
Great organization to work at
Cyber Systems Operations Technician (Former Employee), HIMay 25, 2015
Many opportunities for advancement and leadership. Was exposed to many systems and technologies. It's a great place for young men and women to learn new skills while serving their country.
Feeling part of something bigger then yourself, having an Air Force family everywhere you go.
Military Training Leader, AGE Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Sam Houston, Offutt AFB, Kadena AFBMay 25, 2015
Being an Airman is not just a job, it is a way of life. We have all been told we are not just in the Air Force when we are on duty, but we are in the Air Force 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It is important to taking a few moments every day to personally regain and maintain perspective. Being an Airman means not just accepting the standards and values of the Air Force, but embracing and internalizing them. The Air Force's core values- our core values, the Airman's creed, the Air Force mission, vision, and priorities- they are more than mere words to be memorized and recited, they are a way of life.
Good people
Fuels Laboratory Supervisor (Current Employee), Tucson, AzMay 25, 2015
The people are excellent. Schedule is pretty constant. I just would like to have a little more time not being away from my family.
A great way of life
Cardiopulmonary Laboratory Craftsman (Former Employee), Various locationsMay 24, 2015
The Air Force is a great career! It taught me the true meaning of honor and "Service before self". I would recommend joining to anyone!
Good training, poor leadership
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee), Oklahoma CItyMay 23, 2015
Learned skills in individual therapy, adult and child maltreatment and substance abuse prevention. Excellent benefits and decent pay, as well.
Productive shop
Aircraft Structural Maintainer (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAMay 23, 2015
Everyday life at work consisted of painting, mixing paints and sealant, sanding, prepping for sand and paint, occasionally picking panels as well as shooting cherry max rivets. Prepping for paint and Sand were our major responsibilities.
I learned how to be a strong individual
Airman Basic, Security Forces Apprentice (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasMay 22, 2015
I loved serving my country and I cannot describe how much I appreciate the discipline that was instilled in me. I met a lot of new people but the hardest part about serving my country was being away from my loved ones.
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), NCMay 22, 2015
Its the military, you know what you sign up for. You go to basic training and then you go to a technical school. Pick your job before you go to basic. Do not go in open, you will get a job you may not want.
Great Career
Munitions Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOMay 22, 2015
This was the best job I have ever had. I had a great career and was able to travel the world. This job taught me leadership and professionalism. I would do this job again in a heartbeat.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries