U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 12,323 reviews matching the search
Great way to serve you country
A1C Heavy Equipment Operator (Airman 1st Class) (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOFebruary 18, 2017
During my two years in the United States Air Force I was able to extract a lot of great skills and knowledge on numerous subjects. The USAF trained me to be a better person in and out of battle.
Pros
Great benefits
I enjoyed serving
Aerospace maintenance (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 18, 2017
I enlisted with a mindset to serve my country and did so to the best of my ability I wish that budget cuts hadn't happened and caused cutbacks of personnel.
Travel, many opportunities to try new ideas and new experiences
Munitions Systems Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Various, Places USA,February 18, 2017
The way to go with your education and training for the long haul. New ideas AIS, things to see and do depending on your job selection. Various organizations working together for a mission goal and job advancement opportunities.
Pros
30 days paid annual vacation
Cons
Work will dictates the hours at times depending on the section you belong to
Good Mission - lots of waste
Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 18, 2017
Mission is good. The red tape, layers of management, non value adding processes, and constant change in political climate make the job not as satisfying as it could be.
Great opportunity to acquire a large amount of experience.
Response Force Leader (Current Employee) –  F E Warren AFB, WYFebruary 18, 2017
I learned a lot through my six years, I became a leader and realized the importance of being part of a team. I also acquired a large skill base that I feel will greatly benefit me and any department that gives me the opportunity.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Not always the easiest place to work
Amazing opportunity for advanced training
Orthopedic Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFBFebruary 18, 2017
This is one of the best organizations for training and educational benefits. Also salary, bonuses, and retirement benefits are very good.
Pros
Comraderie, networking, training opportunities
Cons
Fitness testing, promotions are very competitive, increased risk of injury due fitness/job requirements.
Great place to learn about yourself and your country. Meet and keep great friends.
Information Systems Radio Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Working for the government is always a great thing. You have great benefits, good pay, free housing. Consistent work schedules. Meet and keep great friends.
Pros
Mess hall, on base housing, on base store, bowling alleys
Cons
Stationed away from family
Amazing Job
Aerospace Propulsion Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 18, 2017
I was in this job for 10 years and I enjoyed ever day. Yes there are some people that you cant stand but that doesn't mean that you get to hate the company. You will learn a lot in the service and the experience you learn will allow you to better in the civilian world.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Possbility of deploying
Security response member
Security Forces Member (Former Employee) –  Japan, London, Qatar, GuamFebruary 17, 2017
Tasked with providing force protection duties, guarding weapons, air bases and Air Force personnel from possible dangers. My main duty was to keep the peace at all Air Force bases and installations by doing such things as securing the perimeter of a base, to handling security dogs

I was responsible in being able to understand and execute use of deadly force to protect Air Force personnel and resources. They may be called upon to protect nuclear or conventional weapons. I was also responsible in performing life-saving procedures like CPR, when acting as a first responder to an accident or disaster situation.
Pros
Structured schedule, life long friends, travel, financial stability
Cons
Stressful at times
Fun with lots of oppotunity.
KC-10 Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJFebruary 17, 2017
Great and a lot of fun. Good to get a nice start being on your own. First job i ever had, helped me a lot in getting started in my life after highschool.
The Defense of our Nation
Administrative Noncommissioned Officer in Charge (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 17, 2017
This is a job for those that are willing to put their own life on the life for the defense of our great nation. you must be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to be here.
Pros
They take care of their own
Cons
you could be asked to make the ultimate sacrifice
Life in the Air Force
Elite Gate Guard Leader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 17, 2017
It's just a lot of hurry up and wait. The Air Force is more of a corporation than a military anymore. You'll be fine as long as you look at the long goal of having a job whenever you get out.
Usaf
Commander Support Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tyndall AFB, FLFebruary 17, 2017
While it was high demand and stressful at times it was nothing I couldn't handle. I worked along side many types of people and personalities. I learned to co-exists with them and open my mind to see things from their perspectives. I enjoyed working with my team and meeting new people.
Best job of my life
Medical Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAFebruary 17, 2017
I worked in a hospital Mon-Fri 7am-4pm. I worked in the medical logistics dept. I was responsible for ordering, receiving, storing, and distribution of all medical supplies and equipment for multiple different accounts during war time.
Pros
Benefits, promotions, discipline
Cons
tough on family, little say in movement and or job title
Great life experience, travel, benefits, learn world cultures.
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Various locationsFebruary 17, 2017
The Air Force is a Great place to work, with various personalities, learning skills, and taking on responsibilities. Making life long friends, and knowing that you are doing something for the country everyday. Most work days are 8 - 5, with benefits, pay, insurance, medical facilities on the base. Nothing really hard about the job, Air Force manuals tell you what to do, and regulations tell you how to do it. Very effective training programs.
Pros
Learn new cultures when station overseas.
Cons
Sometimes hard getting along with various personalities.
AirForce
Production Expediter (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 17, 2017
Pay and benefits really hard to beat, opportunities to travel, and promote.

Started with the mission of getting the job done take care of your people now seems more about being politically correct about everything and having to cater to the supporting agencies demands that are there to help us, now we are expected to do most of their work and ours same standards or job duty expectations not the same for supporting agency as the line workers.
Love it!
Airborne Missions Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDFebruary 16, 2017
With an Air Expeditionary Force combat-ready force of more than 1,100 personnel, the 89th Airlift Wing provides global Special Air Mission airlift, logistics, aerial port and communications for the president, vice president, cabinet members, combatant commanders and other senior military and elected leaders as tasked by the White House, Air Force chief of staff and Air Mobility Command. The 89th Airlift Wing maintains 24/7 alert, operating the Executive Airlift Training Center and Government Network Operation Center.
I retired from the USAF
Jet Engine Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Patrick AFB, FLFebruary 16, 2017
I retired from the USAF 28 years ago and would gladly go back in if I could, but I'm too old to go back on active duty, I enjoyed traveling and seeing other states and countries
Pros
Would recommend the Air Force to anyone
usaf
Ground Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  abilene txFebruary 16, 2017
great opportunity, travel adventure and training. Great development area for young people, challenging but rewarding.
Military
Intern (Former Employee) –  United, PAFebruary 16, 2017
Chose not to re-enlist after serving eight years in the service. Was an honor to serve and see the many things I got to see around the world by serving our country.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6