U.S. Air Force
7,641 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Outstanding Opportunity
Career Development Course Writer (Current Employee), Sheppard AFB, TXJuly 1, 2015
Terrific place to work with an outstanding opportunity to influence the future members/leaders of our nations air power. Leadership places great emphasis on developing our Airmen of all ranks.
Bottom line...Good
Crew Chief (Former Employee), VariousJuly 1, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: depends on who you are and what job you have
My review of my former employer is just that...mine. I do not wish to make my review/opinion a matter of public record. Furthermore, my opinion is predicated on my job and experience and not a reflection of the U.S. Air Force as a whole.
The Best
Pest Management Journeyman (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJuly 1, 2015
If you have the right people around you, you'll go far. Keeping the flight-line and base housing pest-free keeps people happy and productive.
If you can make it 20
Lt Col (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXJuly 1, 2015
No real issues. The moved me to much but I got an early retirement so there was a tradeoff. Most people are intelligent and motivated who work for them.
Great Learning Experience
1N0 (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 1, 2015
The Air Force was a very great learning experience that helped to train me in professionalism. I had the chance to work with people from all corners of the U.S. The job has multiple ups the only down is that like all things it's not for every body.
Average Day
Chef & Fitness Specialist (Former Employee), United StatesJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: Away from Family
I was a shift leader and worked on a 12 hour Panama Schedule. My management and I developed enough trust in each other that the workflow became seamless after a few months. Even with new troops in the work environment, we managed to remain cohesive.
The hardest part of the job was multitasking. I enjoyed Thursdays the most because that's when we had to wear our blues uniform.
Aircraft Armament Systems Apprentice
Aircraft Maintenance (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: Medical/ Dental benefits, job security
Cons: High stress, long hours
Work in the US Air Force was challenging, and rewarding. I would have liked to devote more years, but due to my own medical conditions I chose to separate. I enjoyed being in new places, meeting new people, and the work was exciting and unlike anything I could have imagined.
Great Life Experience
Security Forces Specialist (Former Employee), Patrick Afb, FLJune 30, 2015
Typical day was 12 to 14 hr shift and every other weekend off. I was a military police and at times it was hard to do the long hours but off time paid off being in Okinawa Japan. I'm still friend with a lot of co workers from the military. The hardest part was being away from family for so long and the most enjoyable part was travelling.
Over all a fun place to work and have fun with everyone
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Fairchild WashingtonJune 30, 2015
Pros: Worked 7:30 to 4:30 Monday thru Friday
Cons: Internal Employees who where set in their ways.
I learned to think out side the box.

Management was to influenced by people who should not have as much power over them.

I did a similar job at Ellsworth and the management was more professional and community minded.
Military
Emergency Actions Controller (Former Employee), Hill AFB, UTJune 30, 2015
It's the Air Force. It's Military. Plenty of benefits and lots of things to learn. Advancement is based on multiple different aspects, but mainly how well you do your job.
Military Life
Vice President of Airman Council (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaJune 29, 2015
My overall review is that the US Air force taught me how to be independent, disciplined, and alert in everyday and battle life situations.
High tempo work environment with great potential to increase in rank.
NETWORK CONTROL STATION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Andrews AFB, MDJune 29, 2015
Pros: Tuition assistance, healthcare
Cons: long hours, rotating shift work
At my current position a typical work day entails monitoring a high frequency global communication system through the use of a computer console. If we receive contact from aircraft or ships we provide assistance/connect customers to outside support agencies that can provide more detailed assistance through high frequency phone patches.
Most satisfying and rewarding career
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Multiple locationsJune 29, 2015
Pros: Serving my country
Cons: Leaving my daughter for deployments
My time in the Air Force was spent in a variety of roles. I was an aircraft electrician to start and worked directly on aircraft. The job satisfaction was immediate when seeing a jet complete a mission – more... thanks to my expertise. I was also an instructor in tech school and began to enjoy education and teaching. My leadership skills were developed in this role. I continued my leadership skills when assigned to Tucson. I was deployed on multiple occasions as a Staff Sergeant and led various teams. – less
Awesome way to start a career. Learned a lot and was fun traveling the world doing it.
Aircraft Electrical-Environmental Journeyman (Former Employee), Grand Forks AFB, NDJune 29, 2015
I liked the Air Force. I was fun to get paid to travel the world, defend our country, and have my education paid for. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.
PROUDLY SERVED IN THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
Air Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Hickam AFB, Honolulu HI 96818June 29, 2015
Pros: Traveled to foreign countries and made lifelong friends while serving.
Cons: Promotion rates were extremely slow compared to my civilian counterparts.
Serving on active duty provided me with so many invaluable opportunities to work and train alongside some of this countries best and brightest men and women. The teamwork and pride demonstrated on the – more... job, regardless of the location or conditions, was one of the most enjoyable aspects of a career in the military.

The wide range and variety of occupational opportunities provided within my career field, made it possible to transfer and train in so many different positions that I never felt like my career was getting boring or stale. – less
Excellent Service committed from the Air Force
Security Forces Military Police/Controller (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 29, 2015
I would definitely recommend that anyone join the air force and lead a productive life when in. Leadership can be great at times all depends on who you have.
Good work environment, supportive management staff
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 29, 2015
Typical day consist of assistance customer with correcting minor technical issues with their computers. If we are unable to resolve the issue then it is my duty to proper record the issue and forward it to the proper work group to trouble shoot the issue.
A Good Experience
Command Post Senior Controller (Former Employee), Schriever AFB, CO; MacDill AFB, FLJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great environment, benefits, experiences
Cons: Incredibly stressful at times
A typical day at work involved monitoring base assets and reporting any status changes to base leadership then communicating any instructions from leaders to subordinate units. Other duties included mission – more... planning and execution and monitoring of sensitive communications equipment. Management was usually great and open to talk if there were any problems. Co-workers were also great and made deployments go by smoothly. The hardest part of the job was being separated from family members while on deployments. The most enjoyable part of the job was being directly involved in very exciting missions and workplaces. – less
Good times
Desk Sergeant (Former Employee), United KingdomJune 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Long hours, Being away from family
Joining the military is a noble and good thing for any American can do. It makes you not take the little things our country offers for granted.
Great work! But can be scary.
Airman Basic (Former Employee), keesler, MSJune 29, 2015
Pros: great benefits, alot to learn from, advancement.
Cons: job field not secure..can be transferred to another job code.
The air force taught me discipline and work ethic. The only things i didnt like was the super structure. You also could be forced into a different job field without consent.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries