U.S. Air Force
5,608 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Once in a lifetime opportunity to serve my country and gain priceless training and experiences
Technical Sergeant (Current Employee), Hill AFB, UTSeptember 14, 2014
I served in the military for over 13 years and I am looking to take the knowledge, training, and experience I have obtained into a new position in the civilian sector. I am a highly motivated, positive, team player that have the capability to take the lead when necessary. I love learning new things and I adapt quickly and easily to new environments. – more... If you're looking for an asset to your organization, look no further! – less
RCC
Program Management (Former Employee), Dover AFB DESeptember 13, 2014
Pros: helping service members
Cons: government funds were cut
The job is there for a great cause, but the Air Force and management do not want you to actually help certain people to the best of your ability. If a member is in the hot seat, you are told to stay out of it and if you don't, you will be searching for a new job. The Government cut the pay in half due to budget cuts.
Good Branch
Integrated Avionics Systems Craftsman (Former Employee), Little Rock AFB, ARSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: unearned promotions
Good benefits; travel opportunities; Sometimes you may go to a base that is completely backwards, and a lot of times undeserving people earn rank that they cannot handle appropriately.
Long days but satisfying
Officer Training School Instructor (Current Employee), Maxwell AFBSeptember 13, 2014
Very long days but lots of satisfaction from seeing students develop
This is a very rewarding job.
Airfield Management (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHSeptember 12, 2014
Working in the United States Air Force was one of the smartest things I ever did.
Its the military.
Security Forces Patrolman (Former Employee), Eielson AFB, AKSeptember 11, 2014
You cant really explain to people how the military is unless youve done it and experienced it. Its an entirely new and different animal. However I enjoyed my time in it, and it taught me a lot about myself.
Fast Pace and different
Transportation Manager (Former Employee), Trenton, NJSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: away from family too much
You deal with many different customers. I was pretty much independent. Management only taklked to me when they need help getting a higher ups personal properties to another country or state.
It is the Military
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee), Charleston, SCSeptember 11, 2014
The Air Force is the best! America is the best! Everyone should join the Military.
Awesome
Cyber Systems Operator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great benefit and personal growth
Cons: miss family but that is a temprary feeling
I think everyone that wants to do something with their lives but are unsure of the next step should do one tour in the military.
U.S. Air Force
Crew Chief (Former Employee), McGuire AFB, NJSeptember 11, 2014
I learned the importance of communication, team building, leadership, time efficiency and the ability to overcome challenges.
Great Teamwork, Great for a stepping stone in life
Avionics Test Station and Component Journeyman (Current Employee), Abilene, TXSeptember 11, 2014
troubleshooting, calibrating, repairing, and replacement of all components within our Test Stations, and Line Replaceable Units (LRU). On a daily basis uses Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Variable Crystal Oscillators, Digital/Analog Multimeters, Schematic Diagrams, Attenuators, and Amplifiers, in all radio frequency (RF) ranges. – more... Works with AC, and DC voltage. Keen knowledge of Ohm’s Law, and with working on live single and multiphase circuits. Certified for HAZCOM Initial Accumulation Points, CPR certified (Both adult and children), 4k, 6k and 10k Forklift certified, Daily use of MSDS’s.
• Identified a lack of experience on troubleshooting procedures, and basic knowledge of our building’s Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS). I self-educated, and preformed all procedures, then taught seventy-three (73) Airmen how to conduct said procedures, thus leading to a work center wide certification with 100% compliance.
• 100% qualification on all work center Journeyman, and Craftsman tasks. Expertly used both 5k, and 10k forklifts to crate, uncrate, and transport multi-million dollar LRU’s and test equipment. Pristine record with no discrepancies for Quality Assurance (QA), nominated for “QA Honor Roll” yearly. Known fleet wide (4 bases, over 200 employees) as a Master of my profession in reference to troubleshooting, and repair of Band 6, 7, and 8 Radio Frequency Sources (RFS).
• Troubleshot, and repaired or replaced system components within LRU’s to bench check thousands of serviceable avionics components. Fabricated, and repaired hundreds of Test Packages, leading to effective diagnostics of LRU’s, and Avionics Test Stations with equipment. Preformed wire fabrication and repair on a weekly basis, using solder, crimp, and splicing techniques. – less
Professional Military Career, Great Opportunity and Many Skills Learned
Logistics Readiness Officer (Current Employee), MultipleSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: leadership and management skills
Cons: work life balance difficult to obtain
I enjoyed my time in the military and am thankful for all that it gave to me. I am eager to begin my civilian career and see where it takes me.
Great experience
Aviation Management Shift Lead (Former Employee), Bellevue, NESeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: bad leadership
It was a great experience, I learned a lot, made me a better person. Did not prepare me for the real world.
Fun traveling the world
Aircraft Loadmaster (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CASeptember 10, 2014
Loadmaster for the c-17 air craft. Traveled the world picking up and dropping off military supplies.
Family Like Atmosphere
Air Terminal Operations Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Andrews AFB, MDSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: fight for the united states
Cons: dying
We as a military rely on out brothers and sisters daily to get the job completed whether deployed or on home soil.
Becoming a good manager not only helped myself become a better leader but helped the younger generation follow in the footsteps I left behind.
Hardest part of the job is being human and making a mistake and the most enjoyable part is learning – more... from those mistakes. – less
Always learning on the job
Response Force Leader (Former Employee), Valdosta, GASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: understanding leadership, training
Cons: sometimes workload didn't allow for breaks
My work environment was diverse. Most days were enjoyable unless something criminal happened on the installation. We'd normally ride two man patrols or stand guard on the gate. I was also a supervisor. I provided training to younger troops. The hardest part of the job was that it could occasionally be physically demanding. The most enjoyable part of – more... the job was community policing. Going out into the installation/community and speaking with various people was what I enjoyed most. You learn a lot from others experience. – less
Life changing opportunity that will better anyone
Security Forces (Former Employee), WorldwideSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great people, team oriented, and sense of accomplishment
Cons: hit or miss management
The United States Air Force is a great place for anyone who wants to serve or simply to do some soul searching if you're not sure what you want to do after school. As with any military job you can bet you're be pulling some long hours especially within my career field: Security Forces. The people I've worked with are all unique individuals as they come – more... from all walks of life and provide a environment to learn from each other. I can say that I will definitely miss them the most. Just like any occupation your job enjoyment depends on the people work with and your bosses. I've had great leaderships and some not so great but they've all taught me a little something whether good of bad and molded me into a better person. – less
The hardest part of the job
Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge (Current Employee), Kirtland AFB, NMSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free medical and dental
Cons: unstable work hours
The hardest part of the job is not having stability. One day you may work 7am to 4 pm another your working 6am to 6pm. You can be sent anywhere in the world at a moments notice and sometimes you may not be able to tell your family. The pay is good and the benefits are great. The work environment is what you make of it.
Productive and fun workplace
First-line Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee), Biloxi MsSeptember 9, 2014
I enjoyed the time and days I worked with United States Air Force. I found that I learned a lot about my self after joining the military. I was taught self discipline that will be a very great trait to have.Discipline and integrity were learned as well as warehousing strategies and survival skills.
Very challenging
Aircraft Armament Systems Specialist (Former Employee), United StatesSeptember 9, 2014
The military pushes you to become better and expect more of yourself. Each job is different and requires dedication and commitment. It may not be for everyone but the experiences and memories are worth it.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more