U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 11,778 reviews matching the search
teamwork and discipline
Law Enforcement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHDecember 9, 2016
enjoyed the tight knit military family/discipline instilled/fair and equal treatment/respect for authority/fairly descent pay and adequate housing
Pros
travel
Cons
away from family
Great way to start a career
Structures/ Locksmith (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCDecember 8, 2016
The Air-Force is a good way to better yourself as a leader and mentor. Free training and the benefits are amazing. It will challenge you in all areas such as physically, mentally, and sociably. To somebody who is fresh out of high school or new to the civilian workforce, the Air Force is a great way to start your adult life.
Could be fun and I learned a lot.
Vehicle Maintenance Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDDecember 8, 2016
I'd do it all over again but differently knowing what I know now. I liked my co workers. The hardest part of my job was trying to figure out what managment really wanted done because of the lack of communication. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning a new job and getting diversified with work. I learned a valuable trade skill and also how to deal with different cultures.
Pros
Benefits, techinical skill
Cons
How people were treated
Microbiology and Core lab tech (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 8, 2016
Typical military life. I enjoyed being in the United States Air Force but it's time for a change of pace. I'm ready to use the skills I learned in the military and put them to use in the cilivan work force.
Pros
Free health care
Cons
Deployments
Productive! no nonsense job
Aircraft Weapons System Craftsman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seymour-Johnson AFB, NCDecember 8, 2016
Great overall work place and experience. Most days were busy, i learned a lot about management, leading and problem solving. My coworkers were relaxed, get the job done type people. The hardest part of my job was battling the elements outside everyday. Id have to say the brotherhood among the troops.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No set lunch breaks
Rewarding service to my country.
USAF Security Forces Criminal Investigator (Former Employee) –  Provincia de AlajuelaDecember 8, 2016
I worked in Security Forces as a Law Enforcement Specialist. I was assigned to duties such as military installation control, routine police patrol and traffic control, law enforcement desk sergeant, criminal investigator, flight chief (shift supervisor), base customs inspections on aircraft coming in-country from out of country locations, emergency services team (SWAT) officer.
You are assigned duties commensurate with your rank and rank is made according to time in service, experience and testing. Pay and benefits are adequate.
Pros
Positive working environment. Recognition for achievements
Cons
Long hours and deployments
Air Force
Command Post Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 8, 2016
As a veteran of the last 15 years, the Air Force has really taken care of me and my family. Through training I have been given some valuable tools to help me throughout the rest of my career.
great benefits, advancement
Aerospace Propulsion Specialist (Former Employee) –  worldwideDecember 7, 2016
great for someone who wants to progress in the ranks of the service. better for officers. easy to get comfortable. Ultimately they are losing members due to private companies offering higher salaries depending on your job creating a deficit it manning.
Pros
benefits, travel
Cons
depending of afsc, strenuous hours, low maning
Great
Chief Enlisted Manager/Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VADecember 7, 2016
Great. I enjoyed serving in the United States Air Force and can't wait to start my new career. I love the San Antonio Area. Give me a call.. you can't go wrong.
Usaf
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  CADecember 7, 2016
This was one of the best things I could have done. I learned so much for the military. I meet and learn from so many people. I got to travel to so many different places and made a career of it.
Pros
The training and life experiences
Cons
Being away from your family

Want to know more about U.S. Air Force?

Ask a question
Productive and fast pace Environment
Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLDecember 7, 2016
In my time in the United States Air Force I was challenged to out bring the best in my work performance. I also was allowed to grow and progress in a professional environment. I learned how to multi task as well as follow and lead. I also enjoyed working as team and accomplish goals and have successful outcomes.
Pros
Benefits in education, healthcare, and job security
Cons
Long hours and the unexpected
Great working here
Jet Engine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 7, 2016
Be flexible, work lots of different hours. Get to see the world, and meet great people. Learned a lot of different skills that has helped me throughout my life. I am proud to of seven in the military.
stable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  anonymousDecember 7, 2016
it is a stable job with a lot of structure. you can move to different departments and learn different roles and do different jobs instead of always doing the same thing.
Pros
stable job
Cons
deployments
Great civilian position!
Scrum Master/Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Maxwell AFB, ALDecember 7, 2016
I work in wargaming software, creating the software used for educational, tactical, and strategic wargames. Having served on the military side of the house, this position gave me an opportunity to see the "BIG" picture, and gave me the opportunity to contribute to branch of the service that gave so much to me over the years.
Pros
Just a great place to work.
Excellent for no plan after High School
Aircraft Engine Technician (Former Employee) –  Dover AFB, DEDecember 7, 2016
Great place to work if graduating High School with no plan after graduating. Could work,learn, see the world, and go to school all while getting salary paid.
n/a
Intel Operations Journeyman (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 7, 2016
A typical day at work had a great balance of outdoor/indoor work. There was a steady pace that wasn't too fast or slow. I've learned large amounts of knowledge in the avionics career field along with supervisory skills and learning how to be supervised at the same time. My management was extraordinary everywhere I went. Incredible professionalism was practiced within my management, as well as every single one of my co-workers. I would have to say the hardest part of my job was the deployment schedule. The most enjoyable part of my Air Force experience was the network and family you build through the comradery of your every day duties and accomplishments.
Good starter job!
Management Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Laughlin AFB, TXDecember 7, 2016
Great place to learn a skill so you can then get a better job in the civilian world. I stayed until retirement, the retired benefits are fine but being constantly reduced as the federal government looks for cost savings.
Pros
Good benefits and a salary while obtaining a skill which can be used in civilian work
Cons
Direct supervisors and middle management accept and foster only those people who are like them
It was ok when your young
Cargo Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 7, 2016
The Air Force was a great experience. I had a great time doing it when I was 20 years old. As I got older, I found that I wanted to settle down and have a family. Not great for family life.
What I learned
Aerospace Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hickam AFB, HIDecember 6, 2016
The Air Force helped me develop work skills that at 18 years old I had little knowledge about. I learned to be patient with myself and others when confronted with certain situations. It helped me see a goal and do what is necessary to complete that goal in a timely manor.
productive, educational ,OJT is great. Great mentorship
Personnel Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKDecember 6, 2016
The Air Force was one of the greatest decisions I could have made in my life. It has given me great opportunities to travel and experience many different cultures. I've met some great mentors and the comradery that is made in the different work environments were phenomenal. You grow to learn discipline and patience. In the Air Force you learn leadership skills early on and are able to put them to use quickly. Integrity has become one of the highest qualities I look for in a person, because of the Air Force. I could go on and on about my great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6