U.S. Air Force
5,255 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Great
Airman (Former Employee), Sheppard AFB, TXJuly 27, 2014
I loved working for the military, i learned many things applicable for daily life from the military. I was always treated with respect and fairly.
Great company
Airman (Former Employee), Altus, OKJuly 27, 2014
Pros: awesome benefits
Cons: away from family and friends alot
There is no typical work day working in the military, I have learned to adapt to stressful situations and the co-workers are excellent at what they do. The hardest part of the job was getting deployed away from family and friends yet at the same time it was very enjoyable and rewarding.
Air Force review
Communications/Navigation Technician (Former Employee), Kirtland AFB, NMJuly 27, 2014
There was no such thing as a typical work day in the military we took the obstacles that happened case by case as they presented and worked as a team to overcome the challenges we faced. I learned great training that will last a lifetime learned the importance of a team and how to lead others to get the job done I have various certifications and tech – more... training first aid and security training all in all great life experience. Hardest part of the job was a hectic work schedule we were always on call and worked 10 plus hours a day 12-14 hours for months straight if needed but by this schedule we where able to adapt and overcome. The team was probably one of the best perks of the job we all worked together and were able to become a family help each other out and look out for one another we were more productive and knew what the person next to us was thinking. – less
Productive and rewarding medical job
Active Duty Aerospace Medical Technician (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 27, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: dealing with unruly patients
A typical day at work consisted of screening in several patients a day to include obtaining vital signs, documenting their health status, assisting providers with procedures such as specimen collection, and following up with patients. I also handled administrative duties such as scheduling appointments, records keeping, and assisted with referrals. – more... It was a friendly working environment with helpful co-workers. The hardest part of the job was keeping calm while caring for patients with life-threatening situations, but I still maintained a professional attitude. The most enjoyable aspect is knowing you're helping others when they need you. – less
Productive and fun place with room for potential
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Clovis, NMJuly 26, 2014
Pros: free healthcare
Cons: low wages, high rent
Long hours, enjoyable career field. Co workers were great. Management has lots of room to grow.
Typical Government Job
Electronics/Aerospace Engineer (Current Employee), Tinker Air Force BaseJuly 26, 2014
Pros: benefits, security (most times)
Cons: boring, paperwork, bureaucracy
The job is fairly secure, but that security does depend on Congress as we saw with sequestration and the Government shut-down. There's tons of paperwork and bureaucracy, but its also really tough to get fired. There are systems you'll have to get the hang of, but once you do the job is pretty easy.
Great job security and benefits
Precision Guided Munitions Crew Supervisor (Former Employee), RAF Lakenheath, UKJuly 25, 2014
High-paced and challenging with high expectations and standards. Great workplace camaraderie where leadership is fostered at all levels. Away from home often for long periods of time. Service to country and colleagues is unmatched.
Rewarding
Crew Chief (Former Employee), MacDill AFB, FLJuly 25, 2014
Pros: travel, respect, benefits, rewarding
Cons: leaving family for extended time
Great job, made many friends around the world. Traveled very often. Management was good, changed every 2 years. Hardest part of my job varied. I would have to say leaving my family for an uncertain amount of time. Most rewarding pat was the overall satisfaction of serving my country and seeing how my job played in that roll.
Decent
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJuly 25, 2014
It was ok. I enjoyed it most days and no complaints. The hardest part was when we lacked hours but other than that it was good.
Enjoyable
Maintenance Operations Controller (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OklahomaJuly 24, 2014
I have no regrets in joining the military. Everyday new challenges were presented which I enjoy because it kept me challenging myself and abilities. It gave me the tools to know how to be able to push myself, but to also encourage the people around me. My co-workers were people who you can rely on and they can rely on you. It was a trustworthy and fun – more... environment to be in. The hardest part of my job was the lack in communication. Communication is key in any work environment. Luckily I was able to overcome this obstacle by initiating a new process in the way information was being shared to make it more effective and efficient. Management took care of the people and put our needs first.

While the military has been a huge blessing in my life I have decided that I would like to explore the civilian workforce and where my knowledge and skills can be put to great use. – less
Loved it
Security Police (Former Employee), NJJuly 24, 2014
The only reason I left is because my weight limit was 203 pounds and it was getting difficult to maintain that weight.
Running an Aerovac section
Chief of Administration (Former Employee), Republic of the PhilippinnesJuly 24, 2014
Helping patients get to medical facilities all over the world
about management, dealing with people.
management was great
Co-workers were fantastic.
Hardest part of the job was being on call.
Most enjoyable part of the job was helping sick people get to their destination.
Best time of my life
E-2 (Former Employee), Keesler AFBJuly 24, 2014
Pros: military take care of their own
Cons: did not get to stay in long enough
Every day I learned something new and was able to help others progress in their careers. There were real consequences for actions and I could rely on all my wing-man.
Great place to work.
Program Support Assistant (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great working environment, teamwork, enough work to keep you satisfied.
Cons: supervisor always yelled, always felt rushed, exhaused at end of day.
This office and this team were a great place to work. This office was a great team. We got along and we got the mission accomplished usually before deadlines.
Great experience and discipline needed to help mature.
Aircraft armament (Former Employee), Layton, UTJuly 24, 2014
Pros: travel, pay, medical
Cons: long hours, working in horrible weather
I joined the USAF straight out of high school and I am honestly glad I did. It supplied me with work ethic, discipline and the ability to overcome almost any task! The work was hard, long hours, but the end of the day you knew that it was all for something.
Military work reflection in Depot Maintenace
Technical Order Writer/Researcher (Former Employee), Robins AFB, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: traveling, able to serve my country
Cons: some of the fuel jobs
Work with civilians of the 402nd EDMX on depot level repair for C-130s, F-15s and C-5s. Co-workers and the civilians were fun to work with. I also learned alot not only from my peers, but from the civilian side also when it came to T.Os and aircrafts. The hardest part of my job was crawling and doing repairs inside a C-130 fuel tank while it was 90 – more... dgrees and above outside, which made it hotter inside the tank. The most enjoyable part of my job was traveling and getting the job done. – less
Good place
Security Forces Officer (Former Employee), TexasJuly 23, 2014
Very Family oriented. Learn so many diffrent skills and get to see so many diffrent places
Not a bad place to be when you are young out of high school.
Information Management Journeyman (Former Employee), Luke AFB, AZJuly 23, 2014
Pros: not having a lot of responsibility
Cons: living at a higher standard than the general public.
The three jobs at Luke Air Force Base were okay. Some of the supervisors were not outstanding. Time went by too fast.
An exciting work enviroment that encourage career and personal growth
Superintendent, Force Sustainment Services Flight (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: culture, job security and travel
Cons: policies may require extensive review for change
A typical day at work gave me the opportunity to work closely with managers, providing and receiving feedback on operations and personnel. Without micromanaging, I would visit three operations, check on initiatives for improvement, solicit managers for ideas for improvement, advise where needed, and promote an effective recognition program. I have learned – more... that managers at all levels must be able to delegate to groom employees for growth in the company, sharpen skills, and allow the manager to remain engaged within all aspect of the department(s). Although the Air Force has a perceived culture, there are diverse work ethics and background. Respect for co-workers' ideas and work practices ensures an effective team. The hardest part of working for the Air Force is the high deployment tempo that can disrupt continuity on some operations. Training is of the utmost importance because frequently the functional expert may be deployed or be reassigned. Without question, the most enjoyable part of working for the Air Force is working with the people. Recognizing good performance, formally and informally, promotes employee productivity and job satisfaction. A happy staff is a productive one. – less
A great start to a career
Meteorologist (Former Employee), All overJuly 23, 2014
Pros: tuition assistance
Cons: no assignment preference matters
Overall the Air Force has been a positive experience. I have learned a lot, and travelled to places I never thought I would have. The deployment tempo can be high, but that is just part of the job. The assignment process is a joke, though.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more