U.S. Air Force
5,704 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Sales Manager (Former Employee), Ambridge, PASeptember 28, 2014
Great lifestyle. You get to learn a specific skill set and attend college for free.
Not a job for everybody.
Musician, Finance Resource Advisor, Logistics Rep (Former Employee), Travis AFB, CASeptember 28, 2014
A great colleague once said to me "Working here, the good is very good and the bad is very bad." Overall, I enjoyed my time in the Air Force. But her quip about the good and bad is quite true.
Demanding but Rewarding
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee), Moody AFBSeptember 27, 2014
Lot of great Airman to Lead. Great mission as Close Air Support
Being a part of the US Air Force is a very unique experience. I've seen and accomplished a lot in my military career.
Superintendent of Readiness Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Robins AFB, GASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: medical benefits, job security, ta for college, gi bill
Cons: long deployements
Being a part of the US Air Force has awarded me the tools and skill-set, that I feel there is no challenge ahead of me that I cannot accomplish. It has given me the confidence to tackle any task placed in front me head on. The level of managerial skill-set that is required to be in the military, gives you the tools and understanding to complete your – more... mission/task in a timely and proficient manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I have a new challenge every day to accomplish. – less
Potential for growth working with people from diverse backgrounds making the Air Force a super power
Vehicle Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Various LocationsSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: potential for growth, great pay, great benefits
Cons: long hours
Usually the day starts at 7 a.m. until the end of the duty day at 4 p.m. Work may consist of training, scheduling and data entry. There is something to learn everyday as we all learned from one another to make a complete team efforts.
The key to any successful company starts from the top. But at the same time the ones that make a team easy to manage – more... begins with the people that do all the work forming one complete and diverse team.
The hardest part of working in the Air Force was working with a group of people from various backgrounds. Of course working with people with different background brings many challenges. But if I had to choose one it would have to be the multitude of different personalities that come from all these co-workers. And of course with different personalities comes problems that may arise and your ability to defuse each case.
The most enjoyable part of my 20 year career would have to be the many different people that I encountered throughout and the bond that you build along the way. Along with the people would have to be the many places I have either lived or deployed to that highlighted my experiences in the Air Force. Whether deployed to Germany or riding in a security convoy down the dangerous roads of Iraq I wouldn't put one experience over another. But I would embrace my 20 year career as something I can cherish forever and one that I have no regrets of doing. – less
USAF
Technical Sergeant (E6) (Former Employee), OregonSeptember 26, 2014
The USAF is good for people that are looking for getting training or a career.
Air Force Life
United States Air Force (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKSeptember 26, 2014
The daily life of a military member is stressful, but also very enjoyable. The benifits are outstanding, and it helped my support my two kids and learn a new way to adapt in each and every life style and situation.
Best job I had
Missile Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Vandenberg AFB, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: health insurance, housing, everything
Cons: nothing
I really this job going out the silo every day working with Security Forces and performing maintenance on missiles. I love the structure and how uniform everything is.
Military
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Responsibilities: Leader of other technicians on duty
-Delegate and define responsibilities for shift of duty day
-Create and update mandatory shift reports
-Aided in move from 7W to 6T in Feb ’13; team player in the passing of the 2013 Joint Commission accreditation for SAMMC
-Training of new Air Force, Army, and Navy behavioral health technicians
Challenging job managing many squadrons for supply accountability
Logisitics Supply Manager - Recently (Former Employee), Patrick AFB, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: i made the warehouse schedule according to flight scheduling times.
Cons: sometimes working through lunch was necessary.
The typical day is very high operational tempo getting aircraft prepared for the day's flying schedule.
I learned about all the missions and work involved within every squadron for me to give them better supply support.
The management appreciated my inputs and came to me for assistance as required.
My coworkers and employees enjoyed being part of the – more... process and the experience they gained by working for me.
The hardest part of the job is sometimes going unnoticed for the accomplishments and the hard work that went into the job to make it successful.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers that came in to say hello and spend time visiting while getting their supplies for their aircraft. – less
Good job for start
Global Command & Control Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Wright-Patterson AFB, OHSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: benifits, training
Cons: gone from family a lot
Job was good, got a ton of training to begin a career.

Deployments were fun and I got to learn quite a bit while on my travels.

You get to meet a vast amount of people and get to know them and their families.
an adventure, diversity, education, friendship, and whole person concept
Information Specialist (Former Employee), Mississippi Nebraska New Mexico Virginia EuropeSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: clothes, room, food, full medical, full dental and a pay check starting from day 1.
Cons: are you willing to give your life for your country?
The branch of service that puts service, excellence, and people first on the list. If you want to be part of a team the Uniformed Services of the US is the way to go. They will teach you your job, life, and a little of everything to be able to get by in this world as a human and an American.
productive workplace
Front Desk Services (Former Employee), Petal MSSeptember 25, 2014
great place to work
staff is very friendly
schedule is flexible
Travel
Fuels Service Center and Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee), Valdosta GASeptember 25, 2014
Travel the world and protect your country
Meet new people
Trained to work in high stress environmetns
N/A
Cyber Transport Technician (Current Employee), Macdill AFBSeptember 24, 2014
US Air Force— Current Assignment: Macdill Air Force Base / Air National Guard
Cyber Transport Technician 07/13 - Current
As a Cyber Transport Techinician, my job is to:
• Deploy, sustain, troubleshoot and repair standard voice, data and video network infrastructure systems and cryptographic equipment.
• Perform, coordinate, integrate and supervise network – more... design, configuration, operation, defense, restoration and improvements.
• Analyze capabilities and performance, identify problems and take corrective action.
• Fabricate, terminate and interconnect wiring and associated network infrastructure devices. – less
Great opportunity
Aircraft Maintainer (Former Employee), Lawton, OKSeptember 24, 2014
Hard working and fast paced job. Best coworkers I have ever had.
Military Life
Maintenance Technician/ Aircraft Maintenance (Former Employee), Clovis, NM/ Sumter, SCSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: working wit different people
Cons: constantly moving
I went to work and a supervised the teardown and assembly of aircraft wheel assemblies and I also maintain every mechanical aspect of the maintenance of an F-16 aircraft. I learned how to mechanically repair a fighter aircraft. I had the privileged of working with some of the best individuals in the military. The worst thing about the job was the constant – more... moving. I really enjoyed the feeling of serving my country. – less
Great way to serve our Country
Special Assistant to the Secretary, Pentagon (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2014
Despite it being for the military, most days at Headquarters Air Force are similar to other places I have worked. Projects come in and projects go out but coworkers and culture are the best part that I have experienced.
Productive and challenging work place with built in teambuilding excercises.
Driven leader and performer, selected as Davis (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 24, 2014
Typical day started with accountability of all personnel. Then we would each start our assigned tasks.
Producttive work environment
Crew Chief (Former Employee), McGuire AFB, NJSeptember 24, 2014
Exciting job to maintain aircraft.
opportunity to travel the world.
supervision is responsible.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more