U.S. Air Force
6,878 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Great career
Flight Commander (Current Employee), Hill AFB, UTMarch 5, 2015
Absolutely the best decision I made. 23 years of excitement and honing my leadership abilities. Best part of the job was the people.
Productive and professionally acclimating
Services Journeyman (Former Employee), n/aMarch 4, 2015
Pros: professional development, salary, benefits and travel
A typical day at work: Roles and responsibilities were established at the beginning of every shift. Overall, operations ran smoothly and productive.

What I've learned: This experience developed my sense of personal accountability. I also had the opportunity to interact with people from several backgrounds and develop strong social skills.

Management: Management was very engaged from within the operations and provided technical training. I've worked under several managers with different leadership styles and most of my experiences were positive.

About my co-workers: Overall, my co-workers had a positive impact on me. They demonstrated professionalism and good team building skills.

The hardest part of the job: The hardest part of the job was also the best part of the job. I was required to do allot of travel and although I was separated from friends and family, I had a wonderful experience traveling to other countries and experiencing new cultures.
Good work enviornment with great educational benifits.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free health care
Cons: to many negative people.
A typical day was waking up at 5:30 Am to be at work by 6:30 Am. Surgery started at 7:00 Am sharp. I would scrub until noon where I would receive a lunch break. After that I would continue to scrub until 3:30, where I would be released. I would find out what cases I was responsible for the next day. Before going home I would research any unfamiliar cases that were posted.
Fun
Production Manager (Former Employee), Shaw AFB, SCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: education benefits
Cons: long times away from home
This job is not for everyone but if you want to serve your country, then this job is for you. Management is good, co-workers are dedicated hard workers.
Good Experience
Senior Avionics Technician (Current Employee), Moody AFB GAMarch 4, 2015
Air Force provide good educational benefits, great working experience and security.
Ability to travel, meet new people and work as a team.
Integral to national defense
Intel Analyst, Flight Leader, Liaison Officer (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 4, 2015
Pros: healthcare, support systems, excellent training
Cons: relocation to new bases every few years
The USAF is fulfilling work with an important mission. Typical work days depend on your job and location. I always experienced a culture of professionalism and enjoyment of work. I learned about how to work with people from many different cultural backgrounds who brought expertise in many different areas of work. I developed leadership and management skills to overcome high stress situations as well as facilitate a productive environment. The hardest part of the job was changing locations and jobs every few years. It was made easier by the fact that others do the same and there is always a strong support network to help with transition. The most enjoyable part of the job was participating in team production which contributes to national defense.
Abundant opportunities
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Offutt AFB, NEMarch 4, 2015
Pros: opportunities
Cons: relying on congressional budget approval
Depending on task load, work day could be typical 9 hour day to 12+ hours a day. You can work with an assortment of co-workers and managers/leaders ranging from exceptional to so-so. Best parts of this current career are opportunities to travel, scheduled pay raises, medical/retirement benefits, and opportunities to change career fields or location while retaining pay and benefits.
Great training and job opportunities
Officer (Current Employee), Field SiteMarch 4, 2015
The US military allows for a breadth of experience and opportunities. Supervisors are always recommending training and classes and further advancement. You meet a lot of great people who easily become lifelong friends and your support group.
produtive
PLUMBING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 4, 2015
Pros: that we have a good team work
Cons: that whne it rianed we didn't work
A typical work day was just go and changes pipes. dig holes and get dryer. I learned how to do some stuff that I didn't know how to do Like hoe to use the torch. The management was great me and my co-worker that we all got good friends.
Difficult challenges but rewarding
Weapons Section Chief (Former Employee), VA, NM, AK, NV, Germany, South KoreaMarch 4, 2015
Pros: travle
Cons: lots of travle
I gave 22 years of service in support of my contry and I would not change a minute of it. The Air Force is an amazing instatution where everyone is welcome and the strong performers are rewarded with promotion.
best job I ever had
Aerospace Propulsion Journeyman (Former Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOMarch 4, 2015
Pros: opportunities one can only dream of
Cons: war
Looking back on my time in the Air Force, I wish I had known then how to be grateful and live in the moment. I was part of an entire base full of people who knew their jobs backward and forward. We got to play with tools that most people never see in their lives. I still can't believe that every day I got to touch, climb on and maintain a fleet of B2 Bombers. That was my job! To top that off, I had some of the best co-workers and mentors in the world by my side.
A great place work work and serve your country.
Structural Craftsman/Project Manager (Former Employee), Yigo, GUMarch 4, 2015
In my job, there is no typical day. You can do one thing one day and another the next. When the recruiter said that you can travel the world, you really can. Depending on how hard you work depends on how much money you earn. There is great camaraderie with your co-workers and the ones you meet down range on deployments.
United States Air Force
Tactical Aircraft maintenance technician (Current Employee), Beale AFB, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: benefits, work experience
Cons: long hours, inclement weather.
If you are in Aircraft Maintenance, prepare for long hours in every type of weather. Travel opportunities, benefits, and real world experience are second to none.
USAF
Aerospace Propulsion Engineer (Former Employee), Goldsboro NCMarch 4, 2015
Great company to work for. Great benefits and great atmosphere. Great people to work with. Very good manegment and decent pay scale.
Challenging and fulfilling experience
NCOIC, Training Management (Current Employee), GuamMarch 4, 2015
Pros: travel, education, discipline.
Cons: deploying.
I learned a lot about time management and discipline from the Air Force. The most difficult part of the job was the fact that you were on duty 24/7 and could and did work long and odd hours that took you away from your family. The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the traveling that I was able to do. Overall, it was an amazing experience that served as a challenging and fulfilling learning experience that shaped who I am professionally and personally.
Loved being apart of something bigger than myself. I got tired of being seperated constanly for months from my kids.
Warehousing Specialist and Heavy eq. operator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2015
Pros: met some great people, got to see the world, learned to operate several peices of machinery, was proud to be serve my country
Cons: was tired of fightning a winless war, was tired of being seperated from my family.
If I knew that I would be in the position that I am in now, I would have re enlisted again. But when it came time to re enlist I wanted a job where I could provide for them better or just as good without the separation. Also the military provided a place where people could abuse their position and put their responsibilities on others.
Fast paced and challenging
Master Sergeant (Former Employee), tucson, azMarch 3, 2015
Great place to work with awesome pay and benefits that un-match anyone else. Not very family friendly, but military service comes before yourself always. Management always changed and that was good and bad at times. Fixing machines is my passion, and i got a lot of satisfaction from working there. Co-workers lacked motivation and management wouldn't fix it.
Air Force
PERSONNEL JOURNEYMAN, SENIOR AIRMAN (Former Employee), Little Rock AFB, ARMarch 3, 2015
I love the military and had the best experiences in my life in the Air Force. If you are stuck in life with no job, or job that doesn't have great benefits, then look at the military. Free school, free medical. Can't go wrong.
Serving my country was a joy for 20 years
Personnel Manager/Instructor (Former Employee), Various Air Force Bases around the US/GermanyMarch 3, 2015
Pros: service to the country and travel
Cons: being a long way from home, deployments, and pay was low
I had five wonderful assignments in a 20 year career. I had great supervisors and managers. They taught me many things that I still use today in my life and job management. I got an opportunity to teach in the Air Force which led to me another career following the Air Force. I worked with the best peers and supervised some of the finest young men and women in the US.

I learned many leadership, management and communication skills which have served me proud over my careers.
F-16 pilot Operations Manager
Operations Resource Manager (Former Employee), Worldwide LocationsMarch 3, 2015
Coordinated with multiple departments the air to air and air to ground missions.

Tracked and maintained confidential information.
Trained new recruits our policy and procedures.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more