U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 14,333 reviews matching the search
Strict-Rewarding Work Environment
Avionics Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 19, 2017
The United States Air Force/United States Military provides a great work environment for anyone. It has great people, great culture, and a perservering reputation. The USAF also provides great opportunity for any career choice with the ability to advance and cross train rather enlisted or officer.
Senior Human Resources Specialist
Senior Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAAugust 19, 2017
Processed medical and retirement paperwork, handled case study files, processed paperwork for sick and annual leave, counselled management, converse with union representatives regarding personnel issues, Senior Human Resources Representative for over over 1000 employees. .
Pros
paid holidays
Job with great benefits
NCOIC Electrical/Environmental Systems Section (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLAugust 19, 2017
Enjoyable job with great benefits Must be willing to deploy at a moments notice. The military is not for everyone but has great benefits such as the GI bill.
Taking Pride
Security Forces (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2017
No matter what, this is the military. Though I had to be sent home for an injury, I wouldn't change my mind about enlisting. It is still the best decision I ever made and will support anyone who wants to enlist.
Pros
Comradery, support, hard working
Cons
Injuries, some bad superiors
USAF is alright
Computer Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Keesler AFB, MSAugust 19, 2017
For people coming straight out of highschool looking for a diploma or someone wanting to make a career out of the military, the USAF is a solid choice and tries to keep technology on the forefront of their operations.
Interesting, good experience
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAAugust 18, 2017
It's definitely not something for anybody. You've really got to understand discipline to do well in this career. Other than that, benefits are great, I highly enjoyed it.
Pros
Tons of benefits
Cons
It kinda sucks
a great job not built off tradition, but off an ever changing world
Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTAugust 18, 2017
I absolutely loved being in the military. the food was eh.. and pay was ugh.. but the people I met and will forever be connected to and the skills and discipline I gained made this job the whole package for me. I also received most of my education free. I would have stayed but I never planed on making it a lifetime career.
Pros
the best friends you will ever make on top of the most honorable job you will ever have
Cons
extremely strict and bitter sweet love from management up
People are everything
Electrical and environmental specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2017
Good times, with good people
Long hours, with good friends
Good people, that got your back
Working was the most enjoyable part of the day
The hardest part is leadership
Workplace culture is enjoyable
I learned everything I know today
Pros
Discounts, healthcare
Cons
No lunch breaks
privilige to serve your country
Security Policeman (Former Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJAugust 18, 2017
It was a great learning experience. It was a great preparation to become a civilian police officer. Learn a lot about teamwork in the military and that you are no better than anyone else.
Pros
uniforms provided, health care, housing
Cons
low pay, hard to raise a family
Job Security
Senior Manager, IT Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAAugust 18, 2017
Life in the AF is not just a job, it is your family and your life. Your job to to make sure that we can FLY - FIGHT -WIN. Everyone in the AF contributes to this mission, whether they are supporting the people on the flight line or are actually working on the flight line.
Pros
camaraderie, sense of belonging, purpose
Cons
quick-paced, people forget to train the Amn expecting them to know everything from technical school
Fun and educational work experience
Law Enforcement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 18, 2017
Very family like environment in which you are counted on and depended upon to be a part of a team and something special. To count on someone else is as important as them counting on you. However to be away from home over time can add up in the stress column.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lack of family time
Prooductive place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCAugust 18, 2017
I would tell anyone that I knew to give the air force a try. I learned a lot from it and met some of the best people I have had the chance to meet. Great place to make a living. Because it's not a job, it's a way of life!!!
good pay and benefits
Flight Operation Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Beale AFB, CAAugust 18, 2017
Great place to experience new things. Good training and advancement opportunities. They often pay for your education and if you serve long enough you even get paid to go to school. Wonderful way to contribute to society an serve your country.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
pay could be better
great
Lead Engine Technician (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMAugust 18, 2017
would do it all over again. i was just ready to change my life and be more stable. my family is more important than my desire to progress in the military.
benefits
Cons
long hours, days, weeks, years.
great job!
Excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Bethany, OKAugust 18, 2017
I liked this job ALOT
GREAT pay for the type of work I did.
Didn't like the 2nd shift hours but it did pay more than morning shift.
would love to go back but the temp agency won't send me back.
Driver in transportation and Field Maintenance
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2017
Very good job...wish I would have stayed in. But, I was young, and the outside world seemed better to me then. At that time, I was experienced with not only passenger vehicles, but buses, forklifts, semi-trucks, and many other types of transport. In Field Maintenance, I took needed equipment to the planes, mainly B-52's, and the fuel tankers for them...the KC-135's. I had Top Secret clearance at that time, being in SAC...also had access to our Alert Site there...
Pros
Saw and did things that most people don't have the opportunity to see...
Cons
Always on call...Air Force got really picky about uniforms, haircuts, etc....
Military leaders are not concerned about civilians or lower ranks
Equal Employment Manager (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCAugust 18, 2017
Military leaders do not understant true diversity and how to prevent perceptions of discrimination. Instead of listening to the subject matter experts they try to hide their mistakes after the fact.
Upscale work place
Project/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Patrick Afb, FLAugust 18, 2017
Very fast paced, great for teaching and learning new things. Opportunity to better yourself, and others through education, leadership development and resiliency training.
Good decision
Aircraft Structural Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAAugust 18, 2017
Overall a good decision to join the Air Force. Some leadership was not great, but it also changes often. Good pay and good job opportunities. Advance is based on the individual.
Active duty air force
C-130 SUPPORT NON COMMISSIONED OFFICER IN CHARGE (Former Employee) –  Moody AFB, GAAugust 18, 2017
It was tough but it was fun. I got to see the world and travel frequently. Not everyone has your best interest at hand. Some people your just a number to.
Pros
Travel, Benefits, Time off
Cons
Management, Pay, Slow advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5