U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,978 reviews matching the search
Opportunities for longevity and experience in multiple job areas.
Military Service Member (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 26, 2016
Stable job security with a dedicated populous, education and training provided, professionalism-emersion and saturation, situational awareness on many levels.
Pros
Many benefits for living standards and medical/dental avenues.
Cons
Much time spent away from family.
Air Force
Structures Engineer (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJuly 26, 2016
Ive learned a lot in the Air Force, people are great to work with, I enjoy my job and everyone works together.
the hardest part about the job is getting orders to get deployed for 4-6 months. It'll be hard on having a family.
Most enjoyable part is that you can see the world, not many people can say they been around the world in a couple years.
Pros
Learn alot
Excellent place to work and learn a great trade while serving your country.
Supervisor/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJuly 26, 2016
A typical work day would be to arrive early for work and figure out what all needed done for the day. Make sure all machines were in operational condition. Account for all tool and equipment make sure nothing was left on a plane. One great thing I learned from this job is to learn from those around you. Everyone has a different way of doing things. Always listen to the more experienced people you work with the learn what they have learned over the years. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you are part of something bigger then yourself helping people all over the world. Also you get to decided how far you go and advance in your career.
Integrity First
Superintendent, Information/Systems Management (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJuly 26, 2016
It was a beautiful 22 years of military experience. The Core Values "Integrity First, Family Model, Excellent in All I do, and Service before Self" were instrumental in shaping of my life.
Great for meeting people and learning new things
Aircraft Armament Weapon Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shaw AFBJuly 25, 2016
Lots of hands on but it is hard to be rated with your peers and maintain a normal life style at the same time. Most of the people you work with are the same as you, so you grow close and form close friendships.
Pros
Medical Care
Cons
no telling what hours you are going to work week to week
Amazing Career
Security Forces Member (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 25, 2016
Working as an Airman in the Air Force is hard but rewarding in the sense that you are serving your country and you also get to meet new people and see new places.
Pros
New People/ places
Cons
childish people
Everyday
Aircrew Flight Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 25, 2016
I arrive at work, I see the tasks that I have been assigned to complete that day and then myself and my team work very hard to complete those tasks.
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to learn leadership skills
Industrial Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 23, 2016
Working the the USAF will give you many opportunities to advance in both your career and your skills. They provided leadership and communication classes which will help you learn to eventually lead teams. Healthcare benefits are probably the best you can get and you rarely ever have to worry about getting billed for anything.
Pros
Healthcare, Advancement
Cons
Physical fitness test hold more weight than work performance or skills
Great opportunities to see the world and serve your country
Anti-Terrorism Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NEJuly 23, 2016
Great opportunities to see the world.

Free Education

Great Work experience

I have supervised up 85 personnel and been responsible for Thousands of dollars worth of equipment.
Pros
Education
Cons
Long work hours
Great Travel
Outside Plant Telecommunications (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 22, 2016
If you like to travel, free food, housing, and training.
Great training, with promotion potential.
Full benefits and job security.
Pros
Free lunch

Want to know more about U.S. Air Force?

Ask a question
The sky is the limit
Paralegal Superintendent (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 22, 2016
The Air Force develops personnel through out their careers. Investing monies for people to learn new skill and obtain their education
Always great locations to work at
Pros
Air Force invested in personnel
Cons
Moved around a lot from TX, SD, England, MI, NH, AL and back to TX
Secure communications support.
Sergeant (E-4) (Former Employee) –  Mississippi, New Mexico, Korea, Virginia, New YorkJuly 22, 2016
I entered the USAF after attending one year of college. I worked in the communications field where I helped provide secure transfer of information to users worldwide. I also was trained in mobile communications that we would do while out in the field or on exercises away from base.
Pros
Travel.
Exciting and great working environment
Supervisor, Patient Affairs (Former Employee) –  Hawaii, New Mexico, South Carolina, GermanyJuly 21, 2016
For six years I was training and challenged in my profession. There were many opportunities for traveling and experiencing the world. The best base locations of any of the services. Most jobs are like an 8 to 4 job.
i love the air force
Range Operator (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLJuly 21, 2016
This job is AMAZING. I love the military structure and the life that military members live in the military is absolutely awesome
Air Force
Tac P (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 21, 2016
it was great to fight for our country and be able to travel the world. the work was very hard but it paid off in the end with how much i learned.
Structured, and Stable work environment with fellow professionals and specialists in your field.
Aircraft Fuel Systems Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Moody AFB, GAJuly 21, 2016
My experience in the Air Force has been great. I had ample opportunity to travel the world, serve my country and build the home life I've always wanted. I learned more about production, management, and maintenance than I ever would have at a 4 year college. I loved being able to go out and work on multi-million dollar aircraft with the expertise and competence to do so effectively. Being trusted and depended on by my superiors was an empowering feeling that I hope to carry over into the civilian world with my ambitions and expertise on many different subjects.
Pros
Additional Allowances, Medical and Dental Benefits for employee and dependents, stable pay and employment
Cons
Sporadic and lengthy stays from home
its decent. The base is terrible. Use it as a stepping stone
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Peru, INJuly 21, 2016
its decent. The base is terrible. Use it as a stepping stone. the people can be someone difficult to work with. There is no work life balance. There is no room for advancement. People will not retire and allow others to move up
this is a review
Staff Sergeant / Aerospace Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  earthJuly 21, 2016
Pros
The work environment is generally positive and there's an atmosphere of care and commitment to promoting good outcomes for patients.
NSMC's outlook moving forward appears quite stable as a member of Partners Healthcare.
Cons
NSMC sites and department locations are disperse and this can result in feeling fragmented.
Advice to Management
Consultation and collaboration between direct service providers and senior management fosters a more positive work culture and should be expanded.
Usaf
Jet Engine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2016
Served during the Viet Nam Period. Jet engine mechanic in a shop environment and also jet engine mechanic and run/taxi mechanic on the flight line.
Pros
Free everything.
Cons
Military.
No greater calling than to defend your Nation
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJuly 20, 2016
Outstanding .... simply stated .... Outstanding
There is no way to express the feeling of being a part of something bigger than yourself, and the willingness to put your life on the line for your Brothers/Sisters-In-Arms, knowing they would do the same for you.

4.6