U.S. Air Force
6,555 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Fast Paced Team Environment.
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Craftsman (Former Employee), Minot, NDJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: work on wide variety of airframes, and a wide range of people.
Cons: duty locations not always desireable.
A typical day started getting to work 15 minutes early, and reading about the previous shift work. This helped gain an understanding on what needed to be accomplished for the day. Managing people, and resources was instrumental to day to day operation of the shop, and required constant change as directions from higher up personnel.

I learned a great deal while serving in the Air Force, both personally and professionally. I learned how to lead and motivate people, as well as fine tuning my people skills to accomplish the task. This for sure, was the hardest part of the job, but at the same time the most enjoyable when a subordinate made a personal achievement.
Cyber Surety Supervisor
Wing Cyber Surety Supervisor (Current Employee), Edwards AFB, CAJanuary 26, 2015
During the course of 5 year working for the United States Air Force, I have been able to attend many courses, obtain certifications, and become proficient in many Information Technology tasks. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I get to start a project, make it my own, and see it to the finish. One of my fondest accomplishments is the creation of a Public Key infrastructure program that allowed for encryption. Another favorite aspect of my job is being able to use communication security methods to ensure information maintains its purest form (confidentiality).
A definite career and lifestyle choice.
Client Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJanuary 26, 2015
The best career I could have ever hoped to have. I learned more in my 10 years than I could have ever imagined.
Great experience
RF Transmission Systems Technician (Current Employee), Hill AFB, UTJanuary 26, 2015
Great benefits, new experiences.
each squadron is a different environment as well as each career field
awesome career. I would do it again if I could
Aerospace Ground Equipment Section Lead (Former Employee), Mountain Home AFB, IDJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: 30 days leave every year. free medical and dental care while active duty
Cons: deploying to hostile areas
Great place to work. Was able to travel a lot. Great for ability to progress. Typical day at work was getting everyone assigned jobs and getting them motivated to work. I learned a lot about leading people, mechanic work, work ethics. Coworkers were awesome. They enjoyed getting the training that was required throughout there career. Hardest part of the job was dealing with people who didn't understand my career field in supervision and even after explaining it to hem they still didn't understand. Working with a great team and being able to see other countries was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great experience
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: on call 24/7
Offers social workers the opportunity to work in variety of clinical settings.
Core Laboratory Supervisor
Medical Laboratory Phase II Course Supervisor (Former Employee), Keesler Air Force Base, Biloxi, MissippiJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: structure and discipline required to accomplish work in a busy laboratory
Cons: extremely heavy patient load
As Core Laboratory Supervisor at Keesler AFB, Missippi, we operated a fast paced section of the laboratory that included Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, and Serology for the patient population at the second largest hospital in the Air Force at that time.
Our testing supported outpatient adults and children and inpatient testing for this very active population.
The team concept between our officers, enlisted and civilian employees was excellent. We worked hard to provide quality testing that provided the physician with accurate results used to treat each patient.
I enjoyed my military service and credit my attitude toward life as a result of the military ideals learned during my 20 years of service.
A once in a lifetime experience
Security Forces Apprentice (Former Employee), Ellsworth AFB, SDJanuary 26, 2015
The military in general isn't for the faint of heart. You either conform or don't. The outcome is base solely upon your actions. Whether you stay until retirement or before, you'll make some lifelong friendships
very fun!
command post specialist (Former Employee), scott afb,ilJanuary 25, 2015
enjoyed my experience while protecting my country. the people where amazing. life experiences where built.
Productive and Rewarding Career
Personnel/Customer Service (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Throughout the workday you experience new challenges and new customers. Typically, everyday I would process evaluations, awards and decorations, leave, pay, and inprocessing and outprocessing members. I learned a variety of customer service skills such as: face to face, verbal and written communications. Everyone in my section pulls their own weight and helps out each other when needed. No one is left in the dark and everything is communicated to each other. The hardest part of the job would be deploying and being away from my family up to 6 months at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job is all of the people that you meet and all of the challenges that the day brings. No day is ever the same and there is always something new to learn.
Life Changing
Superintendent (Current Employee), NEJanuary 25, 2015
Best thing I have ever done. Great benefits, travel and knowing you are serving your country.
Challenging but rewarding
Training Monitor/ Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: hour long lunch breaks
Cons: relocation, and restricitions
A typical day at work was either keeping up air craft maintenance or scheduling appointments and sending out emails to co workers. I learned a lot about maintenance and electrical systems as well as computer systems. Management was great and effective. There was a camaraderie between co-workers. The hardest part of the job was constant relocating. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I would always have job security and feeling like part of a team.
U.S. Airf Force
Program Manager Element Chief (Former Employee), Andrews Air force baseJanuary 25, 2015
Rewarding and fufilling working with the individuals in my building.Great mentors co-workers. The hardest part was leaving abd most enjoyable part was coming in everyday.
Quite an excellent experience for all ages who want to serve
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Victorville, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: all inclusive education, encouraged continued education, travel
Cons: political regarding management, authorized personal grooming only
Great all around experience as a Surgical Technologist, as well as, military training.
Great Experience
Sergeant (Former Employee), World WideJanuary 24, 2015
Served our country_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Productive, Fun and Efficient team of brothers
Flight Chief (Former Employee), Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio TXJanuary 24, 2015
Conducted small arms training for 250 + Basic Training Airmen daily. I learned to be an effective leader and managed 17 of the best weapons instructors in the Air Force. Co-workers worked together daily to achieve a common goal. Demanding work hours in inclement weather was the hardest part, but leading those instructors and working hard to get the job done and accomplishing it at the end of the day, hands down most enjoyable part.
Hurry up and wait
Unit Safety Represtative (Current Employee), Beale AFB, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Just like people hear, hurry and get everything done so that you can wait for the Military to do thier part, which can take a long time. But as a paycheck it is steady and predictable.

Normaly spend 8 hours at the office, changing tasks from training unit members to conducting inspections. Occasionaly had to do menial tasks like mopping floors, or other kinds of 'busy work'.
It's the military
Lt Col (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: Great people dedicated to excellence
Cons: Random management swings, long deployments
Travel Opportunities
Evaluator In-flight Refueling Craftsman (Current Employee), WAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: very autonomous work style
Cons: low pay for level of responsibility
Not the hardest work but does require a lot of self motivation.
Developed great friendships with great comrads......
Sargent (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: friends and ethics....
Cons: away from family for long periods of time....
The veterans in the USAF were great, hard working people who respected one another for the jobs that each one did. Leaders were tough like with any Military group, but we learned life lessons and developed great friendships. I got to see different parts of the world which I probably would never have seen had I not been in the USAF. This was one job that I can say that I was glad to be a part of.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more