U.S. Air Force
5,620 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Great job training and leadership opportunities.
Client Systems Technician (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: healthcare, training, job advancement, leadership and followership
Cons: moving from state to state.
- I learned multitasking and time management.
- I enjoyed working with many different types of people and personalities.
- The hardest part of the job was being away from my family for a year at a time.
- A typical day at work consists of client desktop support for 30 plus users.
- Capable of performing at a high level under stressful conditions.
Served my country
Aerial Port Mobility Supervisor (Former Employee), Travis AFB, CASeptember 15, 2014
Great people and great environment. Spent too much time away from family and that's the only reason I left
Pretty Stable And Fun Workplace
Aircraft Fuels System Maintainer (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: limited freedom
On a typical work day we would troubleshoot and work on an average of 2-3 aircraft. I learned how to properly troubleshoot and maintained the F-22 and C-17 Aircraft fuel system. My co-workers were very fun and supportive. Supervision was also very helpful with training. I would say the easiest part of my job was learning new things. Im a very fast learner. – more... The hardest part would have to be keeping myself busy on slow days. The part i enjoyed most was training new airman. – less
great experience
Administration Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 15, 2014
Responsible for returned Treasury Checks, cancellation of checks and redistribution of checks. Input information as far as why checks were returned, also changing addresses for redistribution. Responsible for Credit Card payments and Debit Card payments for debts to the Federal Government. Established a pay account for Air Force Retirees so they would – more... receive a monthly check for life. Set up deductions for debt payments and Life Insurance payments. Compiled information from several departments within for daily and monthly reports as far as debits and credits information. Paid Active Duty military personnel. – less
Air Force
Resource Advisor (Former Employee), RAF Alconbury, EnglandSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: meeting new people all the time.
Get to work at 7:30 am. I would check emails and print out daily reports to verify information from the day before, went into the systems correctly. I learned to work with many different finance systems.
Management was great to work with. If there were any problems they would take care of it.
Co-workers were great always there when you needed them. – more... Willing to help out on any issues.
Hardest part of the job was always leaving and going to a new unit. But it was a great learning experience every couple of years. It always kept me on my toes.
The most enjoyable part was going different places to meet new people. My last assignment was to England, that is where I retired from. It was great I got to retire overseas and take advantage of all the opportunities to travel all over Europe. – less
The best job!!
Officer in Charge of Pharmacy- Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Barksdale AFBSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: no insurance hassle, simply was able to focus on health care
I am so glad I went into the military. My favorite part of my job was helping out fellow veterans, active duty members, and there families. The military taught me discipline, time management and efficiency. This job was my first pharmacy job. I was responsible for supervising 17 technicians, volunteers and assisting my fellow pharmacists in the day – more... to day duties of a high volume pharmacy. While in the military, I taught a diabetes education class to newly diagnosed veterans and also taught a medication administration class to day care workers on base. My experience here taught me a lot and I am grateful for the experience. My fellow technicians were brilliant and supportive. – less
Great Experience
Base and Installation Security Systems Operator (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: good growth potential
Cons: low pay
I learned a lot about team work and leadership. Most of the management were good people to work for. Proud to have served in the Air Force.
Promotion and Life
Contract Manager (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits and leave/half days with full pay
Cons: deployments, healthcare is not the best
Work/life balance in the enlisted contracting side of the Air Force is both fast and slow-paced. We deploy more often than most other career fields, as we set up and help run bases to meet missions. Deploying isn't a big deal, unless you want more time with your family.

End of Fiscal year (September) is always going to be filled with long hours (12 – more... hours or more a day), to include weekends. This is where things get a tad annoying. Our federal regulations state we are the business advisers and should practice budget consciousness; yet when we try to save money, or try to persuade customers to purchase actual needs versus wants, we are reprimanded.

Promotions are test based and time/rank based. So the harder you study and keep your evaluation reports, or civilian appraisal equivalents, at their highest rating by doing a good job and helping others, you will promote fast. – less
Once in a lifetime opportunity to serve my country and gain priceless training and experiences
Technical Sergeant (Current Employee), Hill AFB, UTSeptember 14, 2014
I served in the military for over 13 years and I am looking to take the knowledge, training, and experience I have obtained into a new position in the civilian sector. I am a highly motivated, positive, team player that have the capability to take the lead when necessary. I love learning new things and I adapt quickly and easily to new environments. – more... If you're looking for an asset to your organization, look no further! – less
RCC
Program Management (Former Employee), Dover AFB DESeptember 13, 2014
Pros: helping service members
Cons: government funds were cut
The job is there for a great cause, but the Air Force and management do not want you to actually help certain people to the best of your ability. If a member is in the hot seat, you are told to stay out of it and if you don't, you will be searching for a new job. The Government cut the pay in half due to budget cuts.
Good Branch
Integrated Avionics Systems Craftsman (Former Employee), Little Rock AFB, ARSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: unearned promotions
Good benefits; travel opportunities; Sometimes you may go to a base that is completely backwards, and a lot of times undeserving people earn rank that they cannot handle appropriately.
Long days but satisfying
Officer Training School Instructor (Current Employee), Maxwell AFBSeptember 13, 2014
Very long days but lots of satisfaction from seeing students develop
This is a very rewarding job.
Airfield Management (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHSeptember 12, 2014
Working in the United States Air Force was one of the smartest things I ever did.
Its the military.
Security Forces Patrolman (Former Employee), Eielson AFB, AKSeptember 11, 2014
You cant really explain to people how the military is unless youve done it and experienced it. Its an entirely new and different animal. However I enjoyed my time in it, and it taught me a lot about myself.
Fast Pace and different
Transportation Manager (Former Employee), Trenton, NJSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: away from family too much
You deal with many different customers. I was pretty much independent. Management only taklked to me when they need help getting a higher ups personal properties to another country or state.
It is the Military
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee), Charleston, SCSeptember 11, 2014
The Air Force is the best! America is the best! Everyone should join the Military.
Awesome
Cyber Systems Operator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great benefit and personal growth
Cons: miss family but that is a temprary feeling
I think everyone that wants to do something with their lives but are unsure of the next step should do one tour in the military.
U.S. Air Force
Crew Chief (Former Employee), McGuire AFB, NJSeptember 11, 2014
I learned the importance of communication, team building, leadership, time efficiency and the ability to overcome challenges.
Great Teamwork, Great for a stepping stone in life
Avionics Test Station and Component Journeyman (Current Employee), Abilene, TXSeptember 11, 2014
troubleshooting, calibrating, repairing, and replacement of all components within our Test Stations, and Line Replaceable Units (LRU). On a daily basis uses Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Variable Crystal Oscillators, Digital/Analog Multimeters, Schematic Diagrams, Attenuators, and Amplifiers, in all radio frequency (RF) ranges. – more... Works with AC, and DC voltage. Keen knowledge of Ohm’s Law, and with working on live single and multiphase circuits. Certified for HAZCOM Initial Accumulation Points, CPR certified (Both adult and children), 4k, 6k and 10k Forklift certified, Daily use of MSDS’s.
• Identified a lack of experience on troubleshooting procedures, and basic knowledge of our building’s Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS). I self-educated, and preformed all procedures, then taught seventy-three (73) Airmen how to conduct said procedures, thus leading to a work center wide certification with 100% compliance.
• 100% qualification on all work center Journeyman, and Craftsman tasks. Expertly used both 5k, and 10k forklifts to crate, uncrate, and transport multi-million dollar LRU’s and test equipment. Pristine record with no discrepancies for Quality Assurance (QA), nominated for “QA Honor Roll” yearly. Known fleet wide (4 bases, over 200 employees) as a Master of my profession in reference to troubleshooting, and repair of Band 6, 7, and 8 Radio Frequency Sources (RFS).
• Troubleshot, and repaired or replaced system components within LRU’s to bench check thousands of serviceable avionics components. Fabricated, and repaired hundreds of Test Packages, leading to effective diagnostics of LRU’s, and Avionics Test Stations with equipment. Preformed wire fabrication and repair on a weekly basis, using solder, crimp, and splicing techniques. – less
Professional Military Career, Great Opportunity and Many Skills Learned
Logistics Readiness Officer (Current Employee), MultipleSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: leadership and management skills
Cons: work life balance difficult to obtain
I enjoyed my time in the military and am thankful for all that it gave to me. I am eager to begin my civilian career and see where it takes me.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more