U.S. Air Force
6,121 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

USAF
Security Forces (Former Employee), Malmstrom AFBNovember 19, 2014
Provided me with the education and training needed for the next step in my career.
always going hard working days
Water and Fuels System Maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee), Valdosta, GANovember 19, 2014
normal work day would start at 6am , we would hand out job and who would lead the jobs those days. after morning meeting we would go out check are trucks and get to work. you could be working alone or uup to a 6 man group. we would work to keep the base up and running doing all kinds of maitnes from repairing water lines to fixing pumps. i loved that – more... we always kept busy and we were always learning . – less
Unparalelled experience with a great family oriented atmosphere, great co-workers and leadership
Materiel Manager (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers, training, benefits, brotherhood atmosphere
Cons: base salary, 6+ month periods of being away
While many things have changed since I first joined, mainly due to the ending of two conflicts and the need to wrangle the every growing budget, the overall experience I have had in the US Air Force has been great.

I have met many great people and have been able to experience many places I would have never been without joining. The pay isn't going – more... to make anyone rich but the benefits are amazing, health care, life insurance and tons of free help both monetary, mental and physical. The job can be very rewarding if you put the effort into it, the feedback system plays into favoritism from supervisors but hard work does not go unnoticed.

A great experience with memories I will take with me for life as well as the skills and knowledge gained that I think is invaluable. The military forces a person to grow and mature, and puts the focus on being detail-oriented and working on a team. We do not accomplish what we do because of one person, without team work we would not be the worlds greatest Air Force. I am excited to move onto the next chapter of my life. – less
too demanding
power Production (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 19, 2014
Long hours but same pay. Good vacation days and bonuses.But deployed alot and away from home. Hard to have a family. Great medical insurance.
Rewarding
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee), USANovember 19, 2014
Pros: jobs rewarding
Cons: long hours, always on call
You operate metalworking equipment and tools to form, cut, and fasten or repair parts to damaged aircraft structures. You Inspect, assess damage, fabricate, repair, and assemble tubing and cable assemblies for aircraft as well.
N/A
Avionics Technician (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCNovember 19, 2014
Good company. Enlisted in U.S Air Force to finish my military career. Best thing I enjoy about working with the military is that you can learn quite a bit from a diverse background as we all work together for one common goal. Supervisors and managers are available to assist in any way possible to ensure that everyone has a fair share of the same opportunity.
A Day
Security Forcea (Current Employee), Scotia, NYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: laziness
Arrive in store @ 555 in time to log in my Talxon and unlock doors to begin vendor arrival. Observe possible short coming for rest of day. I.E placement of product, increase vendor awareness, accurate bill and inventory for store. @ 605 first vendor arrives check in product and conduct audit of incoming and out going credit for store. At this time next – more... vendor is ready to come in. This process occurs about 30 times with in the next 4 hours minus store trucks.
I have learned that my job is the heart beat of the store. If I am by either product or even having an off day the store is affected.
Management appreciates the hours and hard work that I do. They also value my service to the Country.
My co-workers for the most part are very nice, knowledgeable always willing to help and have a laugh.
Hardest part is my co-workers some are lazy. This will put a wrench in the fan. I have to be accountable for al movement not only of product but employees as well. If they do something wrong this means 2-3 others have to fix it. Hence bottom line is affected. Taking time away from what is the center of our job the customer. – less
An positive learning experience.
Medical Materiel Specialist (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSNovember 19, 2014
Pros: everything
Sometimes hectic but enjoyable.
I was borne and raised in PR, when I reached Lackland AFB, there were so many ethnic groups, attitudes, lack of acceptance to differences, that I become more whole as person. I realized we are all part of the human race.
I felt very comfortable with the discipline and the communication.
My co-workers were a learning experience.
None.
The – more... most enjoyable part, everything.
Regreted not staying the whole 20 years. – less
US Air Force
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2014
The Air Force was a great experience. I gained a lot of knowledge of aircraft and aircraft systems.
USAF
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Riverside, CANovember 19, 2014
Its the Military what more do you needs? You get a chance to travel the world while serving your country.
Military Service
Occupational Health and Safety Technician (Current Employee), Dover AFB, DENovember 19, 2014
Great environment and many people of diverse backgrounds. Very enjoyable time serving and would highly reccomend anyone to do the same.
Very good job.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Valdosta, GANovember 19, 2014
Air Force is good at taking care of employees. Funded well for project execution.
Best thing that someone could do
First level supervisor (Former Employee), Marysville, CANovember 18, 2014
learned about structure and they way things should be ran. Met so many awesome people that i would give the shirt off my back anytime. Best part of the job was getting to learn management skills and become a good manager.
A great job full of new experiences
Protocol Supervisor (Former Employee), United States and OverseasNovember 18, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: travel every two years
I joined the United States Air Force in 1976. I thought basic training was tough, but was overjoyed when finished. My first assignment was the Philippines from there to Colorado to Texas to Egypt to Mississippi to Korea to Hawaii. I learned so much from all my experiences as a Protocol specialist and supervisor. I grew up in this job.
Air Force
Air Traffic Controller (Former Employee), Travis Air Force Base, CANovember 18, 2014
Best Air Force in the world!
Excellent benefits.
Jobs can vary and change.
Room for growth in all aspects.
You learn new things everyday.
Compensation not equal to work load
Airborne Cryptologic Language Analyst (Current Employee), Omaha, NENovember 18, 2014
Pros: reliable payment
Cons: compensation
The work in the linguistics field was fulfilling but compensation was not equitable. Although military emphasized the healthcare and fringe benefits of military life, these sort of benefits can be obtained from most civilian organizations.
Great security and flexibilty
Quality Assurance Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Cannon AFB, NMNovember 18, 2014
Pros: paid holidays
Great organization. I enjoyed going to work everyday. Friendly diverse workforce.
Best organization to get real world training and application
Medical Service Craftsman (Former Employee), MacDill AFB, Tampa FlNovember 18, 2014
Pros: on call 24hrs
Cons: the years go by fast
From working in the medical centers to the outpatient clinics and field medical care. I have received the best training one could ask for. Travel the world and help people, what else could be better!
good work place
Logistics (Current Employee), Westover AFB, MANovember 18, 2014
teaches you how to be on time and how to be independent every day and how to wrk fast and safe
Served My Country With Brave and Honored Citizens
Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), World WideNovember 18, 2014
Working in the military was the best experience of my life. I grew as a professional and learned what it meant to accomplish a mission while working with teams. Furthermore, the Air force gives you the opportunity to lead and inspire people to accomplish a common goal.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more