U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 13,989 reviews matching the search
Discipline and respect
Aero-Space Medic (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 25, 2017
Life is a series of events. The military prepares you for those life series. My time with the force has been great for me as a young man. I left equipped to handle any situation.
Poor Leadership
Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMJuly 25, 2017
The hardest part of the job is dealing with very poor leadership/ management skills.
Upcoming intelligence is extremely lacking in decisiveness and common sense.
Pros
Steady Pay
Cons
Poor Leadership
An Adventure
Material Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 25, 2017
I enjoy the military. High Standards. Strong character.
A total adventure and total independence. They were interested in building and promoting the airmen. I did not retire but looking back, i should have.
Service before Self
Air Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elmendorf Air Force Base, AKJuly 24, 2017
While in the military I have visited several countries, meet people who I would never have interacted with in my normal life, and felt fulfilled in my service to my country. I learned more about life and living then at any other time in my life.
Pros
An unforgetalbe experiance
It's not for everyone
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Robins AFB, GAJuly 24, 2017
Would I do it again? Sometimes I think not, but most of the time I would. I will say that it is most definitely NOT for everyone. If you cannot handle being told what to do, how to do it, when to do it, and how often- then look elsewhere. Advancement is self paced for the most part so how far you make it up the ranks is all up to you, but it can be difficult depending on your career field, One plus, I got to see A LOT of the world, some of it I could have done without, but all in all an experience I never would have had otherwise, You MUST have a desire to serve!
Pros
Travel, benefits
Cons
Deployments!
Team Work and a sense of Family
Aircraft Mechanic & Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ft Walton Bch, FLJuly 24, 2017
I loved everything about being in the military when it came to the job itself and my team. What was difficult for me was the idea of going to war and being expected to leave my child with someone other than me to be raised, legally having to turn over custody of my child.
not for everyone
Security Forces Member (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJuly 24, 2017
many job opportunities, excellent benefits, but for all the work you put in, I believe you should be paid more. constant performance reviews. difficult to balance work and life
A great start to a career
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2017
The time I have spent in the United States Air Force has helped build me as the upstanding individual that I am today. It has taught me many lessons in how a individual should act and as well how to coordinate myself in the work environment. The Air Force is surrounded only by workplace professionals and the leadership is outstanding.
Air Force
Weapons section Superintendant (Former Employee) –  Okaloosa County, FLJuly 24, 2017
Very long days mean you are away from family a lot.

Management can be tricky but you learn to deal with all kinds of people

If you make it through 20 years you have a great retirement and skills to find civilian employment over college grads.
Pros
Benefits, Friends
Cons
Long Hours
Amazing
Security Forces/Desk Sergeant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTJuly 24, 2017
The Air Force is a way for the individual to get a headstart in life if you are not going to college. The Air Force provided the training and skills to take into the workforce when my duty was finished. The benefits are great and the ability to attend college is there while enlisted and once separated.
Pros
travel, benefits, skill knowledge
Cons
work schedule, location
Good
Contract Specialist, GS (Current Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FL 32542July 24, 2017
It's not a bad place to work. It has its ups and downs just like every other place. The benefits and salary is good, I'm just looking to move on to something new and exciting.
United States Air Force
Metals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 24, 2017
After Tech School, I was assigned as Metals Specialist in support of the 22 nd Bomb Wing and March Air Force Base. B52, C130, T38 aircraft were maintained as well as the Strategic Air Command which
sponsored the B52 squadron. Work was fast passed and challenging.
Pros
Very good training, housing, food, medical, personel
Cons
Long work weeks and predictable advancements
Has taken me all over the world
Biomedical Equipment Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXJuly 24, 2017
It has been a wonderful time, you meet a lot of great people. Constantly moving, they take care of your family. I have gained a lot of experience in a short amount of time with the high pace lifestyle of the USAF
Great pay and great people
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 24, 2017
U.S. Air Force is an amazing place to work. The entitlements are amazing and the leave program is great. My supervisor was fair and balanced as well as the rest of my chain of command.
Pros
6 hrs leave per pay period
Cons
Can be stressful at times
The Best Branch of Service
Junior Radar Technician (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMJuly 24, 2017
Absolutely amazing experience to serve in the military in any branch because of the many opportunities, I feel the Air force is a lot more education driven than the other branches and is more willing to work with you through your personal goals.The benefits, like any other branch, are the reason why serving is such a good decision for your future security and education.
Pros
holidays off
High tempo that is physically and mentally demanding
Manager, Regional Maintenance Center (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 24, 2017
The Air Force gives ample opportunity to advance in education and rank. A typical day is very fast paced and you must be good at multi-tasking. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Retirement Pension
Cons
Writing performance reports
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 23, 2017
Everyone will have their own experiences. I have experienced alot of wonderful and terrible experiences but I will always be proud to be a apart of the few who risk their lives to secure everyone else's right to be free.
Pros
Secure
Cons
Deploy
Military
Centralized Tool Support Section Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 23, 2017
The military is different for everyone. If you wish to serve you should consider looking into it. It is a diverse and very rewarding as long as you can deal with constant standards in all aspects of life.
Challenging but rewarding
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 23, 2017
Just like every branch of the military there was good and bad things. Admittedly Air Force sucked the least with the other branches. I fully recommend the Air Force for people who want to get a head start.
Fun job, terrible for some
ECM Pod Shop Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 23, 2017
The air force definitely taught me how to be a leader, work smarter and all that but it definitely is not for everyone. If you want to be in the military you will enjoy it, but trust me if you do not have the job you want, it will be terrible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5