U.S. Air Force
7,035 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Great Opportunity
Deputy Program Manager (Current Employee), Rome, NYMarch 25, 2015
Serving in the U.S. Air Force was a great opportunity! I feel honored to have been part of such a terrific organization. While there are aspects of the service I believe needs to be changed, overall, my good experiences far outnumbered the bad.
Allowed for personal and mental growth
Public Health Technician (Current Employee), Altus, OklahomaMarch 25, 2015
Situations I dealt with in the Air Force have more than improved my mental sharpness, situational awareness, and stress management skills.
Phenominal Opportunity to serve your country
Surgical Services Flight Chief - Master Sergeant (Current Employee), San Antonio TexasMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Excellent training and growth potential
Cons: Time away from family on deployments
If you are seeking a rewarding job where you realize that you have helped someone get better...than a surgical technologist in the AF is the job for you.
Enjory working with the members.
Command Support Staff (Current Employee), Andrews AFBMarch 25, 2015
A typical day of work is starting off with everything going go then issue start coming out and we are pushing forward on getting them completed for each of the members. I have had to learn to set all item on an importance level and work form the the top dow. Hardest part of the job is watching co-workers who work here not performing there duties and not reallly caring what is happen to the members only worried about thereselves. The most enjobable part is when all the members have everything that they need to imporve themselves and that we have helped each and everyone of them.
Challenging
Weather Forecaster / Records Custodian (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTMarch 25, 2015
This job is based off shift work. There is room to travel and relocate. Although it can be hard to guess the future when you do it is highly rewarding.
It's the military.
AEROSPACE MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCMarch 25, 2015
Easy to progress if you follow guidelines and do what you're told. Stay out of trouble and work hard and you'll love it. Great pay structure; housing allowance for the area you live in and food allowance. Awesome benefits. One downfall is working salary instead of hourly due to the volume of work you have sometimes. But not different than many other jobs.
Services Men and Woman
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Working with the miltary
Cons: Limited clientel
I enjoyed this job I was able to work with Men and Women of the military service. Providing advice on upkeep of their hair and skin while service the country .
GREAT RELAXING
VEHICLE MECHANIC (Former Employee), Patrick AFB, FLMarch 25, 2015
REPLACE VEHICLE COMPONENTS ISOLATE MALFUNFTIONS
BRAKES, STEERING, DIAGNOSTIC, HVAC, ELECTRICAL, LIGHTING, TIRES , ALIGHNMENTS
Enlisted Recruiter (Current Employee), Holloman AFB, NMMarch 25, 2015
The Air Force is a large company with many different specialties. Experience and day to day operations are different for all individuals.
Air transportation Supervisor
Combat Readiness Supervisor (Current Employee), Dover, DEMarch 25, 2015
Performs and manages air transportation activities. Plans, schedules and processes eligible passengers and cargo for
air movement.. Loads and unloads passengers, cargo, and baggage moved on military and commercial-contract aircraft.
Prepares and maintains air movement records and reports. Performs aircraft cleaning services and delivers meals and
comfort item supplies to aircraft. Operates forklifts and aircraft loading equipment. Uses computer systems to provide intransit
visibility over passenger and cargo movement operations.
Perfect career for those willing
Helmets and Oxygen maintainer (Former Employee), ramstein, germany/ new hampshire, new hampshireMarch 24, 2015
The Air Force life is not for everyone, but those willing to move around do what is asked of them in a prompt and efficient manner. A typical day would include being on time or being on call prepared to be at work at any given time. I was able to expand my responsibilities in being a better mentor, leader, and efficient trainer. The hardest part of my job was to have such a great distance between myself and my family. The most enjoyable part of my job was the on the job training in different parts of the world.
Great career
Inflight Refueling Evaluator (Former Employee), Peru, INMarch 24, 2015
Probably the best years of my life were spent in the Air Force. The people you work with are some of the best. Goal oriented, but still caring about people. Many long hours, stateside and abroad, but you always knew where you stood. Supervisors had many hours of classroom training on being supervisors, and leaders. Although the mission comes first, people still matter.
Hard work pays off
Resource Advisor (Former Employee), Rapid City, South DakotaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits, connections, retirement, discounts, advancement
Cons: time away from family, poor management, constant shift changes
Being in the military can be difficult at times, but the family that you gain over the years makes it all worth it. Many people think the military is different than a normal job, but really you have a lot of the same positives and negatives of a 9-5 job.
Lead & Follow
SF Commander & Anti-terrorism Director (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 24, 2015
Pros: opportunities to lead and take risk.
Cons: rigid budget process
A great organization to service your country, while learning and developing professional skills. You will have the opportunity to lead in many stages of responsibility and programs throughout your commitment. Working with a diverse group of people from all walk of life, working together is a rewarding challenge.
Great Work environment, great people, great job
Avionics Technician, Guidance and Control (Current Employee), Niagara fall, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits, travel, enjoyable work
Cons: certain deployments
A typical work is not typical when in the military. There are many different systems on an aircraft that can fail and require maintenance. When something fails we go to the plane, trouble shoot the problem down to a part or system using technical data, order the part or parts, replace that part, and run up the system. If the part is what was needed, we sign of the job.

I have learned electrical and electrical mechanical trouble shooting. Leadership skills. How to follow instruction.

Some of my co-workers are more experienced, some are less. They are all motivated to learn and do their best. They are knowlegable and hard workers. Always helping others.

The hardest part of the job is when deployments come up and I have to leave my family for long periods of time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the comradery of my co=workers and the work its self.
Productive and meeting new students was very exiting.
Avionics Instructor (Former Employee), Wichita Falls TexasMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Meeting new People, Going to new Places, and Job experience
Cons: Deployment sometimes was very hard.
Teaching was a very rewarding. Loved meeting 8-10 new students every week or two. Teaching was the most enjoyable part of the day. Preparing a lesson plan to keep students interested can be hard sometimes but very manageable.
Mixed bag
Aerospace Mechanic (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: fast paced
Cons: short breaks, hostile working environment
There is a lot of great benefits to military service, as well as some serious drawbacks. It is certainly not for everyone.
N/A
Loadmaster (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2015
Mostly flew top secret missions and loved every minute of it. Opening the back hatch of the plane while flying hundreds of feet in the air was an exhilarating experience.
A chance to take on a challenge while serving your country
Section Manager (Former Employee), EverywhereMarch 23, 2015
My Air Force career was amazing. I had the opportunity to see the world and experience different cultures. Although the Air Force was challenging, I left with a sense of pride in my accomplishments.
Job Security
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 23, 2015
The best place to go if you're unsure if what you want to do in life! You get to travel and see the world all while meeting new people and enjoying different cultures.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries