U.S. Air Force
7,405 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Good training, poor leadership
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee), Oklahoma CItyMay 23, 2015
Learned skills in individual therapy, adult and child maltreatment and substance abuse prevention. Excellent benefits and decent pay, as well.
Productive shop
Aircraft Structural Maintainer (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAMay 23, 2015
Everyday life at work consisted of painting, mixing paints and sealant, sanding, prepping for sand and paint, occasionally picking panels as well as shooting cherry max rivets. Prepping for paint and Sand were our major responsibilities.
I learned how to be a strong individual
Airman Basic, Security Forces Apprentice (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasMay 22, 2015
I loved serving my country and I cannot describe how much I appreciate the discipline that was instilled in me. I met a lot of new people but the hardest part about serving my country was being away from my loved ones.
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), NCMay 22, 2015
Its the military, you know what you sign up for. You go to basic training and then you go to a technical school. Pick your job before you go to basic. Do not go in open, you will get a job you may not want.
Great Career
Munitions Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOMay 22, 2015
This was the best job I have ever had. I had a great career and was able to travel the world. This job taught me leadership and professionalism. I would do this job again in a heartbeat.
Great opportunities exist
Lead Production/Quality Assurance Superintendent (Former Employee), NumerousMay 21, 2015
Pros: Travel and benifits
Cons: None
Day to day operations are so unpredictable that it never gets old.

Learned a lot of great things from people from around the world, not to mention all the technical and personal education opportunities and benefits.

Great culture that drives you to perform at your best.

Hardest part of the job would have to be all the time spent abroad away from family, thought this doesn't apply to all careers.

Coincidentally, traveling was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the job...
Productive but rewarding position
Flying Crew Chief Program/Project Manager (Former Employee), Little Rock AFB, ARMay 21, 2015
Pros: Rewarding diligent workers
Cons: Short notice tasking
Reviewing off-site tasking requirements for aircrew.
Selecting personnel for upcoming off-site tasking.
Reviewing personnel records for up-to-date training and certifications
Enjoyed my time
Finance Customer Service (Former Employee), U.S Air ForceMay 21, 2015
I love working in the military. It was rewarding being able to help those who needed my knowledge. Having great customer skills makes your day much better.
Educational, Productive place to work
Tactical Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCMay 21, 2015
* Perform a pre-flight inspection on the aircraft, help pilots with gear into the cockpit. Perform a launch inspection, upon aircraft return perform a recovery inspection, refuel, then a through-flight inspection. then repeat with a launch inspection, recovery inspection. followed by a basic post flight inspection or a BPO. then Perform and maintenance tasks required. i.e. brakes,tires,panels, hydraulic components, refuel,defuel ect..
* I learned how to become an aircraft mechanic.
Worked at a boot camp squadron as a administrative assistant
Administration Manager at 326 TRS (Former Employee), Lackland AFBMay 21, 2015
Pros: learning how to be more disciplined. multiple outings for lunches
Cons: early mornings, long nights. abuse of power from some members
My military experience was different then others as I had the orders to work in boot camp which I can say is a different experience then other military occupations. Long days and nights but you will learn how to be disciplined and handle with other members .
A great job
E2 (Current Employee), Biloxi MSMay 21, 2015
the military is something everybody should try it has taught me so much and i love it. the air force takes care of the troops and has great benifits
Overall
Program Manager (Former Employee), Fort George G Meade, MDMay 21, 2015
Organization provides a lot of opportunities and has an excellent work culture. The only limits are those you set for yourself.
Productive environment
Tactical Maintenance Team Member (Former Employee), ArizonaMay 20, 2015
Learned and experienced maintenance management and data management through many different situations and training.
Excellent Opportunity for Anyone
Superintendent, Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Luke AFB, AZMay 20, 2015
A great environment to learn and to grow up in. An especially good place to start off if you're fresh out of highschool. You will learn discipline and about diversity. A military career might not be for everyone, but it does build a good work ethic and you will face/learn a lot of life lessons that others from your hometown may never learn. Traveling, learning about other cultures, and the education programs available to you in the military are also definite perks!
Amazing comradery that pays well with great benefits
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Tinker AFB, OKMay 20, 2015
Pros: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, comfortability
Cons: No overtime, tough to advance, long hours, deployments
Joining the United States Air Force was the single greatest decision I made in my life. It turns boys into men and gives you life skills that you will carry on forever. The brotherhood and bonds you make will last a lifetime.
Awesome
Avionics Technician/Unit Training Monitor (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLMay 20, 2015
I enjoyed my time on active duty with the US Air Force. I met several great people who I remain friends with to this very day and I don't regret a moment. There were several undesirable TDYs that were made all the better by the people I served with.
it was the military
Client Support Administrator (Former Employee), worldwideMay 20, 2015
The military is the military no matter how you look at it and it can be fun and it can suck but it's just the military. Nothing really make sense with the military and nothing ever will. it's full of egos and assclowns that really do no tunderstand their job or how to perform it.
Overall Great Expierence
Supply Technician/Government Purchase Card (Former Employee), Vandenberg AFB, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits, job security, college tuition
Cons: many hours, stressful work
Managing/supervising troops (employees)
Leadership skills
Completing tasks under time constraints
Learning about other cultures and customs
Professional, but fun atmosphere
Management Analyst (Federal Job) (Current Employee), Hill AFB, UtahMay 19, 2015
Great place to work - feel very fortunate to be here. Keeps very busy with a variety of duties to include developing training products, conducting training, and being on hand to answer questions from customers.
Absolutely wonderful experience with the opportunity to work in a wide variety of disciplines with a variety of different people and agencies.
Special Agent-in-Charge (Current Employee), Arnold AFB, Tullahoma, TennesseeMay 19, 2015

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries