U.S. Air Force
4,484 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Great Work Experience
Military Pay Specialist (Former Employee), Ellsworth AFB, SDApril 15, 2014
Compensation - Military pay can seem complicated, but it essentially comes from two sources: base pay and special pays. Base pay is the same across all Service branches, and increases are based on rank and time in service.

Education - The Military offers many educational benefits that servicemembers can take advantage of during or after service. From – more... financial aid and college funds to programs that convert military training into college credit, there have never been more ways for servicemembers to further their education.

Training - The military is committed to providing cutting-edge training throughout an individual’s time in the Service

Insurance and Retirement Benefits - Not only do servicemembers have access to health care, but they can also plan for the future through the Military’s life insurance and retirement plans.

Travel - Traveling the world is one added benefit of military service. With installations on most continents, the U.S. Military is prepared to mobilize on a moment’s notice. The opportunity to see the globe teaches servicemembers many valuable things about other cultures and ways of life.

Discounts an Perks - In addition to standard military benefits, servicemembers also experience various unofficial perks. In recognition and support of those involved in the Service, many companies extend special military discounts. – less
A Honorable Profession
Director, Human Resource and Trainer (Current Employee), Seymour-Johnson AFB, NCApril 15, 2014
Serving this country for twenty-plus years has been absolutely wonderful! I am responsible for the training, morale, discipline, recognition and quality of life for Air Force members and their families. The ability to work beside and train America's sons and daughters has been an honor! I am looking forward to serving with and/or leading an organization.
Outstanding Benefits
Neurodiagnostic Technologist/EMT/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Randolpf, AFB HDQTRSApril 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, vacation time
Cons: hard to balance family life
The USAF is an excellent organization to be part of. You learn lifetime skills, and have experiences that you will never get in most other environments. The downside is frequent travel, and some of the risks associated with serving your country. It can be difficult balancing family life and military life. The benefits are excellent such as free health – more... care, education, and the Post-911 GI Bill. You earn 30 days vacation yearly. – less
Great Opportunity
Rotary wing Crew Chief/ mechanic (Current Employee), VAApril 15, 2014
Worked on aircraft supporting search and rescue missions. I learned vauable management/supervisory skills. Lots of hard work in austere locations.
Wonderful Experience, traveled the world, meet people from all walks of life
Personnel Security Manager (Current Employee), Goodfellow AFB, TXApril 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: never knowing where your next assignment may be
I am in a management position where I work 9-5, but I am available 24 hrs a day in case of security emergency.
Disciplined and creative place to work
All-Source Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Tinker AFB, OKApril 15, 2014
Pros: creative thought
Cons: some tasks are monotonous
Research and analysis of current events/threats/political situations, report writing and brief developments, manage 40 people, all while keeping the environment and relaxed and focused. The most enjoyable part of my job is being a part of a something that matters and helping my people "grow".
Productive Workplace
Knowledge Operations / Training (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 15, 2014
Pros: money, discounts, health care
Cons: bad culture, over worked
Usually you wake up early 5am work all day just doing your duty following orders from higher command. Coworkers are usually doing the same. Hardest part of the job is being yelled at for no reason, and not being able to explain yourself, and if you even look away you could nearly lose your job. The most enjoyable part was the end of the day and the – more... pay checks. – less
Great place to work as long as funds are there
Communications/Client Systems technician (Former Employee), McGuire AFB, NJApril 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, comradely, nation wide support
Cons: lack of funds
The USAF has been a great experience up until around 2010 when funds were massively cut, in the AFR there were barely enough funds to carry out regular day to day operations, and high stakes inspections were canceled due to lack of funds
You will learn leadership
Information Technology Director (Former Employee), Offutt AFB, NEApril 15, 2014
Many opportunities for leadership positions. Must have initiative.
world travel and opportunity for advancement
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Charleston Air Force Base South CarolinaApril 14, 2014
Pros: world travel, job security, fair compensartion
Cons: work life balance, being shot at
I was part of an air crew. I went to many countries and I worked with some very exceptional people. I was a supervisor and Inspector for airdrop rigging. I also computed the weight and balance for the C-17 cargo plane. It was a great experience. I enjoyed my time in the Air Force and was fortuneate to have the opportunity to serve my country.
Productive work environment
Flying Crew Chief (Former Employee), Trenton, NJApril 14, 2014
I enjoyed my time in the military and look forward to new adventures and challenges in the work force.
Great work place, with great people
Security Manager (Former Employee), South KoreaApril 14, 2014
The days are very busy, I learned skills in management, understanding and learning many different computer programs, customer service, and training. My co-workers were great.
Enjoyed every minute of my enlistment
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Nellis AFB, NVApril 14, 2014
Great place to work, meet, and experience different aspects of life. Great for traveling and meeting new people from diverse backgrounds.
Very productive and mission oriented.
INTENSIVE CARE UNIT MANAGER (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxApril 14, 2014
As a branch of the U.S. Military, the Air Force is an expeditionary service. There are many opportunities and the potential for personal and professional growth is limitless.
Productive and fun place to work.
Operations Mgmt/Shop Foreman (Current Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLApril 14, 2014
The most enjoyable part was and has been the interaction with co-workers.
afd
Education and Training Manager (Current Employee), Boise, IDApril 14, 2014
Currently work in the training section as the Unit Training Manager.
USAF
TMDE Technician (Current Employee), Italy, TXApril 14, 2014
USAF is a great place to work. The hardest part of the job is the ever changing schedule
goverment
Heavy equipment and pavements Journeyman (Former Employee), usaApril 13, 2014
A good place to meet some awesome people and learn a good job skill.
A great place to work
Electro-Environmental Shop Assistant Section Chief (Current Employee), McConnell AFB, KSApril 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, travel
Cons: high deployment and operational tempo
The men and women of the US Air Force are amazing. Everything stems from the core values, teamwork and dedication they showcase everyday.
Retiring after a twenty year management career
Unit Deployment Manager (Current Employee), Andersen AFB, GuamApril 13, 2014
Best place in the world to serve your country. Enables military members and their family the opportunity to travel and see different lands and cultures. Provides "The Best" training opportunities available today. Committed to the safety and morale of all it's military members and their dependents.

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more