U.S. Air Force
6,546 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Rewarding
Fuels Specialist (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAJanuary 22, 2015
I worked hard, had great team members and regardless we always rose the occasion to resolve threats to the United States.
Military family with great comradery
Munitions Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Eglin AFB, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great job, great family to be part of, awesome job
Being a part of the Munition systems, aka AMMO, career field is like being a part of an extremly large world wide family. Once you are AMMO you are AMMO forever. I deal with explosives on a daily basis whether I am assembling a bomb, testing a missile or inspecting and loading 20mm rounds. I love my job and with the field being split up into seperate shops and areas you always have the chance to start in a new spot so the job never gets boring. Working at Eglin AFB, FL I have greatly enjoyed working with and testing new assets in the field.
Challenging, Diversified work place, respectful.
Non-Comissioned Officer In Charge Central Storage (Former Employee), Holloman AFB, NMJanuary 22, 2015
Enjoyed challenging tasks daily, concise communication is very important, fairness, and integrity will get the job done.
I enjoyed my time in service
Entry Controller (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: time for personal gain
Cons: low pay
a typical day was spent observing the people and looking for security issues. I learned the basics of security and how to manage a personable but professional work environment. I had the pleasure of working with outstanding individuals that help to keep me on track for personal goals. the hardest part of the job was staying alert. the enjoyable part was helping those in need and being a person to turn to in a case of emergency
Great Place
Materiel Management Journeyman (Current Employee), EverywhereJanuary 22, 2015
The USAF has given me alot, the same as the US as a whole. I have served my country for years and it is time to venture somewhere else. Great benefits and not bad pay either. Apply yourself and you can succeed in the USAF.
Fun productive work place
Protocol Air Combat Command Commander (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJanuary 22, 2015
An enjoyable experience, Where I would help to plan and execute events for the Air force. I would help with retirement parts, along with promotions ceremonies. I learned a great deal about ranks with in the Air Force and along with that professionalism. I had the most understanding and the best teachers for coworkers, I would have changed a thing.
Fast-Paced Environment; Team-work Style Workplace
Analyst, Manpower & Organization (Former Employee), Minot AFB, NDJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: learning to communicate wellwith all levels of management.
Cons: project time lines so lengthy you don't always get to see you work enacted.
Communicated daily with leadership at all levels and assisted them with tasks, questions and issues concerning manning. Evaluated and validated job assignments at all levels to ensure proper use of personnel resources within the AF. Consistent multitasking with computers, programs, phones and in-person customer service.
Military, Flight Simulators
Defensive System Trainer Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: show me a new world. benefits were good too.
Cons: the life style was really not for me.
A typical day would be to have the flight simulator operational for training cessions. Air force taught me electronics. And we are talking about military officers being the management. Found the people good and fun group to work with. Sometimes I would be assigned to some unpleasant details such as peeling potatoes. But the best part was to travel to new exciting places and watching the aircraft take off and land.
Typical day at work.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Great Falls, MT / Dayton, OHJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of getting the lab equipment up and running. Processing samples and inputing results.
LIFE CHANGING
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), world wideJanuary 21, 2015
benefits
paid every 1st & 15th
experience you will on get through the military
travel see the world and get paid
Its the Air Force
Unit and Education Training Manager (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAJanuary 21, 2015
The United States Air Force is the best. Always a challenge. Always rewarding. The people are great.
My life for 22 years
Munitions Systems Supervisor (Former Employee), McGuire AFB, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: met people from a lot of different cultures
Cons: sometimes required us to be away from our families for long periods of time
The day normally started at six in the morning with a meeting and a cup of coffee. Then came a review of the work orders for the day which could require us to pickup items from storage and deliver them to inspection and then back to storage or maintenance for refurbishment. The remainder of the day would be utilized by processing documents, running errands, posting technical orders, and other administrative work.
United States Air Force
Aircraft Environmental/Electrical Technician (Former Employee), NumerousJanuary 21, 2015
Serving your country, What an honor to serve in the US Military and contribute to the defense of your country.
Air Force a great way of life
Logistics Plans (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAJanuary 21, 2015
23 years adn 8 months speaks for itself.
Great opportunities to set me up for success.
Very good experience for a high school graduate to enter fresh out of high school do not regret entering
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Typical day in the US Air Force was refreshing...I had great mentors that tried to help me through my family medical issues... I would love to re-enlist
Great Job with lots of opportunities
Supervisor (Former Employee), Luke AFB, AZJanuary 21, 2015
I spent 5 years as a military police officer/dispatcher. Enjoyed my time in and the friends I made. Hours can be very stressful but the people you work with make it seem easy. You will have a very close bond with all the people you work with.
Great way of life
Integrated Avionics Systems Craftsman/Journeyman (Former Employee), Worldwide,January 21, 2015
I enjoyed 22 years of service, should have changed jobs instead of retiring. Traveled the world, seen and did allot of thing that very few people can say they have done or seen.
This was the best career I have had
Inventory Management Specialist (Former Employee), Arkansas United Kingdom TexasJanuary 20, 2015
My time that I spent in the military was the best time I have had. I learned so much as far as being organized, getting a job done on time. I grew up in the military, so I knew what was expected of me, so I did not go into this blindly. My job as a supply clerk was to order parts to keep other organizations as well as our own running smoothly. I am proud that I served my country. I do not believe there was a hard part to my job except having to be away from my family while being stationed in the United Kingdom for 5 years. I am a disabled Vet and was discharged under an Honorable Discharge - Medical condition.
very good comrodary
WEAPONS LOAD CREW MEMBER (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 20, 2015
Load and unload munitions on RPA's
very good comrodary within the workplace
Great job security
Force Management Journeyman (Current Employee), Minot AFB, NDJanuary 20, 2015
It is a great place to work to help financially and that provides great benefits. I have enjoyed my time working here and all the tools and discipline that being in the military has taught me. It is a great move for single people that do not have families you can travel, make some money as well as learn something about yourself in the end as well.

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more