U.S. Air Force
6,837 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Serve you country well
Instructor Loadmaster (Former Employee), McGuire AFB NJFebruary 26, 2015
It is a experience if I had to do over again, I would do it the same way, you learn a lot about yourself and other cultures from around the world, Air Force is the only way to serve.
Great place to mentor and build subordinates
Flight Chief (Former Employee), GloballyFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: around the clock work schedules
This is a great place to be if you want to travel the world, get a great education, and build lasting friendships. One can start at the entry level and progress with time to what ever rank or position they can throughout testing and performance appraisals.
32.5 yrs of enjoyable work
Deputy Director/Colonel (Former Employee), Robins AFB, GAFebruary 26, 2015
USAF and USAFR are great places to work and learn. I enjoyed my time serving and looking forward to continuing to serve our military men and women by supporting them.
A different path
Senior Airman (Former Employee), New MexicoFebruary 26, 2015
The military is always a good choice for those that need to grow up some. It teaches you management skills, personal pride, grooming and other useful skills you will need in life.
Material Supply
Material Supply (Former Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOFebruary 26, 2015
I got to work on the flight line, watching airplanes land and take off, data entry, worked with amazing people, customer service, shipping/receiving, and working out.
Excellent cross-cultural exposure
Healthcare Program Admin / Resource Management (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: ops tempo
Unparalleled training and development. Exposed to international business practices under outstandting leadership/mentors.
Early opportunities for leadership experience
Captain - Project Officer (Former Employee), Shaw AFB, SCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: access to new technologies and training
Cons: travel away from the family.
Developed state of the art command and control systems while working with counterpart representatives from the Navy, Marine Corp, Army and various security agencies.
US Air Force
Ground Radar Systems Supervisor (Current Employee), Minot, NDFebruary 25, 2015
A great place to work. Lots of benefits. Like any job, can be hectic. Opportunities to travel, acquire training and attend school abound.
Rewarding Work
Munitions Systems Craftsman (Former Employee), Nellis AFB, NVFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: working with amazing selfless people
Cons: the work always comes home with you
I worked for the U.S. Air Force as a Munitions Tech. I assembled bombs, missiles, rockets and many other munitions for our pilots to train for wartime. Working with amazing and selfless people is the greatest part of the job. The hardest part was long days and working weekends.
Priviledge to serve my country
MEDIAL ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Sheppard AFB TX Eglin AFB FL, Arnold AFB TNFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: too many to mention
Cons: too few to mentoin
It is hard to give a review on the USAF it wasn't just a job, it was my life, I served my country for 15 years and would not change anything about any of my experiences, no matter what the issue was.. It made me a stronger person a better person and a proud person.
An outstanding place to work
Logistics Planner (Former Employee), Various AssignmentFebruary 25, 2015
A great working and learning environment to hone your skills in the career field. Opportunities are provided to work on your leadership skills as well.
FUN
Ground Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee), SJAFB, NCFebruary 25, 2015
WORK WORK WORK. You work hard everyday and you have to earn your paycheck. On call 24/7. The hardest part of the job are the deployments, but its rewarding to serve your country.
Wonderful career serving my country
Radiographic Technician Department Manager (Former Employee), around the worldFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: mold and shaped me into the man i am today.
Cons: not all assignment were great but adapt and overcome
My honor and duty to serve my country for 20 years. Every day was unique and different from the next. Would do it again in a hearbeat!
Great
Propulsion (Former Employee), Wright Patterson AFBFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: work
Cons: deployments
Great place to work loved my job and loved the people I worked with.
I spent 20 years there and wish I could do it all over again
Read the last review
FLIGHT ENGINEER (Current Employee), Dover, DEFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: `
Read the last review for details. Read the last review for details on military service. Thank you for taking the time and reading
US Air Force
AircraftTechnician/Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: lack of mentorship and lack of motivation with coworkers
Great place to work with awesome pay and benefits that un-match anyone else. Not very family friendly, but military service comes before yourself always. Management always changed and that was good and bad at times. Fixing machines is my passion, and i got a lot of satisfaction from working there. Co-workers lacked motivation and management wouldn't fix it.
Join if you want to have a noble career and not a big paycheck
Operations Management Craftsman (Former Employee), Sheppard AFB, TexasFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits, pride of service, security of pay
Cons: loss of some individual freedom
I made a very good decision to join because I have received a lot of experience and benefits I normally wouldn’t have received. Pride of service is a real thing. Some individual freedom is given up and of course discipline is ever present in a well run unit.
Awesome time in the United States Air Force
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor (Former Employee), Luke AFB, AZFebruary 24, 2015
The Air Force has been great, I'm just ready to move on and hopefully use my skills, knowledge and expertise in a new career that's right for me.
Great Job While in Military, Opportunity at Any AFB Location
Sergeant, Weather Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Carswell AFB, Fort Worth TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: learned a skill
Cons: lots of tactical events during cold war period
Every male should enlist in military, I learned to be on time, follow instructions and support my manager, life skills that are necessary. Took advantage of GI bill to attend and finish college.
Security Forces Law enforcement officer (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: personnel
Cons: healthcare
A typical day either started early morning or in the afternoon. Learned customer service, serving skills, and use of computers Management was approachable and always there when needed. Co-workers were willing to help out when it was needed. Hardest part was losing customers when unsatisfied. The learning experience it gave me with dealing with all different types of people.

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more