U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

It's the United States Air Force.
SATELLITE AND WIDEBAND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NENovember 21, 2017
Any US military service is a good option for people who are willing to learn, want to be part of a team, and want to build self-confidence. I would recommend the military to anyone.
Pros
Benefits, 30 days paid leave plus government holidays
Cons
Deployments, assignments without family
A great place to start
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 21, 2017
Typical day 0700 to1600
I learned so much about everything.
The Air Force is one of the best things that I have ever joined .
The skills that I learned have paid my bills for the last 43 years.
Pros
Education, Travel, Medical
Cons
pay could have been a little higher
Proud to serve my Country in USAF
Captain, Officer-in-Charge (Former Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVNovember 20, 2017
Worked in Inpatient, Outpatient and Refill pharmacies as Office In Charge (Pharmacist). I learned many different aspects of running a pharmacy, such as ordering under contract, drug utilization, Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee interaction, and meeting goals, pharmacy and base-wide. Some people were meant to be leaders and others were not. I tried to learn from the good and the bad officers while I served in the USAF.
Pros
Uniforms to be worn, meeting different people
Cons
Having difficult management
NCOIC, CSS (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CANovember 20, 2017
The Air Force is very fast paced and competitive but it gives you all the tools needed to be successful in the military and outside the military. The hardest part of the job is probably the fact sometimes you have to work long hours but it is just apart of the territory.
Pros
Long Breaks, good pay, tuition assistance
Cons
Productive culture with many opportunities.
Secuity Forces (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDNovember 20, 2017
A typical day can vary depending on my post. Currently I spend most of my time as a fire team leader. My job is to be responsible for the care and wellbeing of those on my team to include duty related tasks and report to my squad leader. As a fire team we can conduct random patrols, armed response to incidents, Provide security for maintenance. In the military have learned and have continual training on law enforcement skills and weapons qualifications. I have learn how to be a better leader and train others below me. Management for my job can have very different styles of leadership. Most of the time there are very clear expectations on what is required of us. Work place culture is vary high speed. because of the importance of our job we are always having inspections and standard evaluations. The hardest part of my job is traveling away from my family every week. Them most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction I get for serving my country, and all the airman I have been able to serve with
Pros
healthcare, training, airforce culture
Cons
14-18 hour days, and days away from family
Everyone should join the military
Disaster Preparedness Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Elmendorf AFB, AKNovember 20, 2017
The USAF was one of the best decisions and experiences of my life. I enjoyed both jobs and training I was assigned to. I enjoyed every duty station I was assigned to. My wife and children loved the travel and learning new cultures. The down side was deploying and the constant change in station and below-inflation pay scales and benefits.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
No better feeling
Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 20, 2017
There is no better feeling then waking up and putting on the uniform. Serving your country and getting excellent benefits. Every company has it's ups and downs.
Very productive
Air Force Trainee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 20, 2017
The US Air Force and any US Military branches are very competitive and need to be taken very seriously you don't sign away part of your life for nothing.
Work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLNovember 20, 2017
My work schedule was hectic, but more productive. Also it has taught me a lots of customer service skills, management and diverse culture. The hardest part of the job was deployment.
Pros
timeliness
Cons
deployment
good place to work
Radar and Space Track Technician (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDNovember 20, 2017
Like any military establishment it was segmented and regulated. It was wonderful knowing I was a part of something large and important. I learned discipline and how to follow orders. Hardest part was being away from family and best part was the travel and excitement.
Pros
advancement and excitement
Cons
away from family
Great way to serve
Supply Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VANovember 20, 2017
Paid Leave
Certifications
Retirement Options
Thrift Savings Plan
Inclusive Medical Coverage
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Limited places to live
Great Company to work for.
Firefighter (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILNovember 20, 2017
The Air Force is great for anyone who is willing to join and give it their all. Only 1% of our country join the military and it is a great feeling to be apart of that family.
Air Force
Corporate Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 20, 2017
I do not regret enlisting into the Air Force but I was not passionate about the job that I was doing. I enlisted already having a bachelors degree and did not feel that the value I brought to the Air Force was fairly compensated. Shift work is tiresome and can put strain on the body.
Pros
Health care, paid time off
Cons
Work value, work location, lack of career opportunities
Not a bad place to work. I enjoyed helping my country
Rank/Pay - Master Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Elmendorf AFB, AKNovember 20, 2017
I would not choose the Air Force as my first option. There is a lot of stress, usually working more than 50 hours a week and constant relocation. If you don't mind moving it isn't a bad choice.
Pros
30 days of leave annually, all medical costs are covered, job security.
Cons
A lot of time away from the family, constant moving, and a great deal of stress
Aircraft Maintenace
First-Line Senior-level Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  WorldwideNovember 20, 2017
Be prepaired to work different shifts and some long hours. This is a rewarding career, because you have to the aplility to serve your country. You have to ability to control your own rank by taking tests every two years.
Pros
Healthcare, 30 days Leave (vacation time) a year.
Cons
Undermanned positions. Sometimes poor supervision.
US Air Force Life
Contracting Superintendent, Joint Base McGuire-Dix (Current Employee) –  Lakehurst, NJNovember 19, 2017
I would say all told, life in the Air Force is not that bad. There are both and and good days, but overall I am very grateful that I am serving, and would still like to serve in some capacity after the military. I could stay in longer if I chose and seek out those higher enlisted ranks but I feel everyone should know what their shelf-life is-and I believe I have found mine.
Pros
Military culture, contacts you make along the way, pay and benefits.
Cons
Military life is stressful, and you do way more than just 'your job". You have many jobs, and many people that answer to you and that you answer to, and you must provide a balance to ensure that the mission is met no matter what.
Airman
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 19, 2017
The United States Air Force is a privilege. The service for your country should be mandatory. I recommend it to all 18 year old citizens of the united states
Pros
security
Cons
24 hours a day 7 days a week
Enlisted (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXNovember 19, 2017
It is okay. If you need a job, go for it. Basic is whatever. Definitely not pleasant, but you will survive. Easier than the other basics from what I hear.
Comradie
Health Services Craftsman (4A071) (Former Employee) –  Moody AFB, GANovember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working in Health Care management career field while serving in the United States Air Force. There has been a lot of changes that have taken place.
Pros
Comradie
Cons
Long days
Great
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2017
Great, it provided me the the tools i needed to be able to develop and grow as an individual. To better myself and continue growth as i move beyond military life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4