U.S. Air Force
7,391 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

it was good
Apprentice for The Delaware Air National Guard (Current Employee), new castle deMay 14, 2015
I enjoy working with my coworkers especially in the military. We seem to unintentionally have a cohesive bond because we have all been through the same struggle in a way. I think the hardest part of that job is remembering the place and role as an an airman, thus i sustain my composure at the toughest times and continue on with the mission.
Worked in a warehouse
Admin Asst Flt CC for Medical Logistics (Current Employee), Eglin Air Force Base FLMay 14, 2015
Work starts at 7:00am stay pretty steady working with the Active Duty. The hardest part of the job is seeing some of the active duty PCS.
USAF
Acquisition Program Manager (Current Employee), Wright-Patterson AFB, OHMay 14, 2015
My career has varied from personnel management and human resource activities, to acquisition program management. I assist customers, whether military, civilian, or contractors in these positions. The continuous training requirements keep me up-to-date on what I need to know to succeed. The great diverse group of people I work with bring great skills that we can synergize on to ensure we meet our customer's expectations. The hardest part is when good friends must leave for their next opportunity. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am doing my part in keeping this country free.
Professional and Diverse Work Environment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Salary, Professional Development
Cons: Limited Personal Time off Duty
A typical day of serving as a United States Air Force Member is described as participating in morning activities to enhance moral and daily accountability. I learned how to work in various work settings such as overseas and office environments while playing as a team player/leader with other culturally diverse co-workers and clients. The most challenging part of the job was being on call 24/7 and the demand of resiliency after each short or long term assignment away from home regardless of personal obligations on a frequent basis. What I enjoyed most about my job was the camaraderie and becoming an effective follower and leader.
United States Military
Lead Product Reporter (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDMay 14, 2015
Great opportunities. Great people to work with. There are a lot of politics involved, but the work is great and rewarding. You get some training that you will never get anywhere else.
Hororable men and women serving in the USAF
Material Scientist - AF Research Labs (AFRL) (Current Employee), Patterson, OHMay 14, 2015
Pros: Dedicated and honorable men and women that i serve with
Cons: moving all the time. Looking to settle down in one place
The Air Force is a excellent place to work. Every day is a new challenge.

The best part of the Air Force is the people. I worked as a civilian for over 10 years and by far, the AF has the best people. Working with the AF people make the sacrifices worth the effort.
very educational and rewarding
Avionics Instruments Systems Technician (Former Employee), Robbins AFB WARNER ROBBINS GA.May 14, 2015
Pros: The caliber of coworkers
I found it to be a very challenging and rewarding from the standpoint of growing as a young 17 year old man who knew nothing about aircraft flight &engine instrument systems.To to become highly proficient at diagnosing repairing &maintain such systems on KC-135 &B52 .To have been able to achieve that in a period of less than two years has been a source lifelong confidence &pride.
Changes
Satellite Communications Systems Technician (Former Employee), Around the worldMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, chance to learn a skill, traveling
Cons: Time away from family, getting called in early morning or staying late in the evening, getting in trouble for other people's action.
The Air Force is changing as is the rest of the Armed Forces. The benefits are great but the work experience is a little rough. You are expected to move mountains without the means of doing so. A lot of people were cut from the military and thus the manning is horrible. I learned a lot in my time of of service but it is the most stressful job in my opinion. Long hours that take you away from family and friends but there is the opportunity to learn a skill. Don't regret serving but it was rough missing out on different aspects of life.
Proud to be able to serve my country
Security Forces Police (Former Employee), Vandenberg AFB, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Being able to serve my country
Cons: time away from home
We would arm up for a 12 hour shift then go to a briefing. After being briefed we would go man our post which was either out patrolling or guarding billions of dollars of military supplies ect. When our shift ended we would debrief and disarm.

The hardest part of the job was being away from home and family. But the rewards of serving my country along with my co-service men made any hardships worthwhile.
Good Start
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Hickam AFB, HIMay 13, 2015
Joining the U.S. Air Force is a great start to a professional career. But it is not for everyone. There are some great places to be stationed and amazing co-workers, but sometimes the hours are long and leadership is toxic.
Excellent path to take after high school
Team Leader/Avionics Technician (Former Employee), VariousMay 13, 2015
I believe I am a much better person after having served in the military, both personally and professionally. I am more driven and focused and I am certain I've achieved more after the military because of the military than I would have had I pursued college right after high school.
Essential to Misson Requirements
Supervisor, Client Systems (Current Employee), Barksdale AFB, LAMay 13, 2015
If you are looking for a selfless job in which you give your all for your country then this is the place for you. Great education and medical benefits.
Productive and Fun
Superintendent (Former Employee), WorldwideMay 13, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: NA
A typical day at work will vary depending upon your career field. You will learn about yourself as you grow and develop into to the adult you have always wanted to be. Go Air Force.
It's military
Vehicle Maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee), Eielson AFB, AKMay 13, 2015
It's Military. They do military things. Drill, long days and nights. Educational Benefits are great, pay is ok, everything else is part of a culture.
NA
Airman (Former Employee), LACKLAND, TEXASMay 12, 2015
I encourage anyone and everyone to go into the military at some point in their lives. It helped change me into a better person
Amazing
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), TexasMay 12, 2015
It is a very fulfilling Job. Everyday you are making a difference in someones life. You get a chance to help mold the youth, which is our future generation.
Ability to make you feel like you make a difference
Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), CONUS/OverseasMay 12, 2015
23 years active duty enlisted. Good entity to work for and defend United States while being payed. Gave me a purpose. Would do it again.
Stable work environment
Assistant Shop Manager (Former Employee), Tucson AZMay 12, 2015
Inspects and evaluates aircraft maintenance activities. Inspects and verifies operational status and configuration of avionics systems and software. Records and ensures validity of entries into maintenance data collection and inspection systems. Resolves and assists units in solving maintenance and supply problems. Interprets and recommends corrective action to inspection findings. Prepares aircraft for low altitude attack profiles, precision bombing, convert operations, and reconnaissance
Overall great environment to learn and grow
Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Nellis AFB, NVMay 12, 2015
Typical work day we came to work from 7-4 and fixed vehicles. Training in between those hours as well. Management was great in my flight at Nellis. Co-workers were great as well, everyone was a team player. Hardest part of the job was deploying and leaving the family behind. The most enjoyable part was the over whelming support from the local community and nation in all.
Management Analyst (Current Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: Advacement
Cons: Not being with family
The Air Force gave me everything I could ask for!
I spent 20 years working in different areas of responsibility and while it was a challenge it was also rewarding. I loved being an instructor as I felt like I was giving back. My current job as a Management Analysis has giving me a look at the big picture of the Special operations Command. I don't know if there is a better job in the world!

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries