U.S. Air Force
7,653 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Over all a fun place to work and have fun with everyone
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Fairchild WashingtonJune 30, 2015
Pros: Worked 7:30 to 4:30 Monday thru Friday
Cons: Internal Employees who where set in their ways.
I learned to think out side the box.

Management was to influenced by people who should not have as much power over them.

I did a similar job at Ellsworth and the management was more professional and community minded.
Military
Emergency Actions Controller (Former Employee), Hill AFB, UTJune 30, 2015
It's the Air Force. It's Military. Plenty of benefits and lots of things to learn. Advancement is based on multiple different aspects, but mainly how well you do your job.
Military Life
Vice President of Airman Council (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaJune 29, 2015
My overall review is that the US Air force taught me how to be independent, disciplined, and alert in everyday and battle life situations.
High tempo work environment with great potential to increase in rank.
NETWORK CONTROL STATION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Andrews AFB, MDJune 29, 2015
Pros: Tuition assistance, healthcare
Cons: long hours, rotating shift work
At my current position a typical work day entails monitoring a high frequency global communication system through the use of a computer console. If we receive contact from aircraft or ships we provide assistance/connect customers to outside support agencies that can provide more detailed assistance through high frequency phone patches.
Most satisfying and rewarding career
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Multiple locationsJune 29, 2015
Pros: Serving my country
Cons: Leaving my daughter for deployments
My time in the Air Force was spent in a variety of roles. I was an aircraft electrician to start and worked directly on aircraft. The job satisfaction was immediate when seeing a jet complete a mission thanks to my expertise. I was also an instructor in tech school and began to enjoy education and teaching. My leadership skills were developed in this role. I continued my leadership skills when assigned to Tucson. I was deployed on multiple occasions as a Staff Sergeant and led various teams.
Awesome way to start a career. Learned a lot and was fun traveling the world doing it.
Aircraft Electrical-Environmental Journeyman (Former Employee), Grand Forks AFB, NDJune 29, 2015
I liked the Air Force. I was fun to get paid to travel the world, defend our country, and have my education paid for. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.
PROUDLY SERVED IN THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
Air Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Hickam AFB, Honolulu HI 96818June 29, 2015
Pros: Traveled to foreign countries and made lifelong friends while serving.
Cons: Promotion rates were extremely slow compared to my civilian counterparts.
Serving on active duty provided me with so many invaluable opportunities to work and train alongside some of this countries best and brightest men and women. The teamwork and pride demonstrated on the job, regardless of the location or conditions, was one of the most enjoyable aspects of a career in the military.

The wide range and variety of occupational opportunities provided within my career field, made it possible to transfer and train in so many different positions that I never felt like my career was getting boring or stale.
Excellent Service committed from the Air Force
Security Forces Military Police/Controller (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 29, 2015
I would definitely recommend that anyone join the air force and lead a productive life when in. Leadership can be great at times all depends on who you have.
Good work environment, supportive management staff
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 29, 2015
Typical day consist of assistance customer with correcting minor technical issues with their computers. If we are unable to resolve the issue then it is my duty to proper record the issue and forward it to the proper work group to trouble shoot the issue.
A Good Experience
Command Post Senior Controller (Former Employee), Schriever AFB, CO; MacDill AFB, FLJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great environment, benefits, experiences
Cons: Incredibly stressful at times
A typical day at work involved monitoring base assets and reporting any status changes to base leadership then communicating any instructions from leaders to subordinate units. Other duties included mission planning and execution and monitoring of sensitive communications equipment. Management was usually great and open to talk if there were any problems. Co-workers were also great and made deployments go by smoothly. The hardest part of the job was being separated from family members while on deployments. The most enjoyable part of the job was being directly involved in very exciting missions and workplaces.
Good times
Desk Sergeant (Former Employee), United KingdomJune 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Long hours, Being away from family
Joining the military is a noble and good thing for any American can do. It makes you not take the little things our country offers for granted.
Great work! But can be scary.
Airman Basic (Former Employee), keesler, MSJune 29, 2015
Pros: great benefits, alot to learn from, advancement.
Cons: job field not secure..can be transferred to another job code.
The air force taught me discipline and work ethic. The only things i didnt like was the super structure. You also could be forced into a different job field without consent.
It is a division of the DoD
Security Forces Member (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Combat School was fun
Cons: Everything else
I did not enjoy my time in the United States Air Force. The NCO's and above care little for those below them. Work was exhausting, the co-workers at times were frustrating and you couldn't trust anyone.
What I learned
Aircraft Maintenance Scheduler (Former Employee), Spangdahlem AB Germany, LRAFBJune 28, 2015
Pros: GI Bill, Travel, Benefits, self growth
Cons: Deployment
My enlistment in the USAF was a wonderful and life changing experience. The structure and purpose the military gave me has opened up so many opportunities for me. I was stationed in Germany for 2 years and was able to grow culturally as well. My job as a Aircraft Maintenance Scheduler put me on the flight line with A-10, F-16 and C-130 aircraft. Working closely with pilots, Senior NCO's and commanders I was responsible for weekly briefings reporting the status of aircraft. Accuracy and clarity were essential as flight schedules and maintenance were dependent upon my data.
Most rewarding experience of a lifetime
Superintendent, Plans and Programs (Former Employee), Creech AFB, NVJune 28, 2015
Pros: The pride of what I did.
Cons: way from family a lot.
Had a wonderful career that brought all over the world to conduct military operations. Wouldn't have changed a thing.

The military is not for everyone, but those who devote themselves to it will find that their individual experiences will always open doors of opportunity and increase their value to almost any organization.
Built Me Up!
Aircraft Armament Systems Mechanic (Former Employee), Ellsworth AFB, South DakotaJune 28, 2015
Worked on B-2 Bomber for four years performing various loading task, maintenance procedures, & operating Munitions Lift Trailers has a two, three, & four man.
Worked on F-16 for a year performing various loading task & maintenance procedures has a three man.
Worked on B-1 Bomber for 11 months as a two man performing various loading task, maintenance procedures, & operating Munitions Lift Trailers has a two man.
Awesome military branch
Structural Journeyman - E5 (Former Employee), Barksdale AFB, LAJune 28, 2015
Pros: benefits, great for people with families
Cons: not many cons to be honest
- diversity of staff is great and well-balanced to provide for teamwork, creativeness, innovativeness, etc.
- awesome education benefits
- finally started improving fitness standards again in early 2000's
Productive and rewarding
Fuels Superintendent (Former Employee), Moody AFB, GAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: N/A
I enjoyed my 22 years in the Air Force. Great people, great assignments. Knowing that the person working with has the same goals that you do. to get the job done.
Life changing
Inflight Passenger Specialist/Crew (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 27, 2015
Working for the Presidential fleet was the opportunity of a lifetime. The military standard was and opportunity to improve in every way.
The exposure to the variety of experiences was amazing.
Enjoyed serving my country and defending it.
DIRECTOR OF NUCLEAR WEAPON SYSTEMS (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTJune 27, 2015
The USAF was a wonderful, career choice I learned, became a leader, and strong defender of our country. I developed weapons of defense not offensive. Our Nuclear Weapon Systems is Second to none. Traveling the world.

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries