U.S. Air Force
4,469 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

afd
Education and Training Manager (Current Employee), Boise, IDApril 14, 2014
Currently work in the training section as the Unit Training Manager.
USAF
TMDE Technician (Current Employee), Italy, TXApril 14, 2014
USAF is a great place to work. The hardest part of the job is the ever changing schedule
goverment
Heavy equipment and pavements Journeyman (Former Employee), usaApril 13, 2014
A good place to meet some awesome people and learn a good job skill.
A great place to work
Electro-Environmental Shop Assistant Section Chief (Current Employee), McConnell AFB, KSApril 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, travel
Cons: high deployment and operational tempo
The men and women of the US Air Force are amazing. Everything stems from the core values, teamwork and dedication they showcase everyday.
Retiring after a twenty year management career
Unit Deployment Manager (Current Employee), Andersen AFB, GuamApril 13, 2014
Best place in the world to serve your country. Enables military members and their family the opportunity to travel and see different lands and cultures. Provides "The Best" training opportunities available today. Committed to the safety and morale of all it's military members and their dependents.
It's a job, but it has to be for you.
Hebrew Language Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GAApril 13, 2014
It's the military...what can I say. You have to wake up early, work long hours, deal with quick deadlines and ridiculous bosses, but you get to serve your country and get great benefits.
Proud Vet
Client Support Admin (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, travel, pay, culture
Cons: not everyone in the military belongs.
My experience in the Air Force was something I will use in the rest of my life
Productive, educational, and adventurous
Crew Chief (Current Employee), Joint Base Charleston, SCApril 13, 2014
Pros: family oriented, educational opportunities, career opportunities and the ability to travel around the world.
Cons: none in my opinion
I love being an American Airman. It is almost like I was adopted into a new family. Very welcoming and encouraging; everyone stands together as one unit. It has been quite an experience, enhancing myself as an individual spiritually, physically and mentally.
A highly rewarding way to serve your country
Flight Commander (Current Employee), Barksdale AFB, LAApril 13, 2014
Pros: international travel, education benefits, great pay
Cons: international travel, time away from family, odd hours
Although the pace of work can be grueling, serving in the US Air Force is an incredible way to serve your nation and find meaningful fulfillment for your commitment.

There is no truly typical day as every day you are presented with new challenges and exciting projects to conquer.

Unimaginable responsibility is placed on young leaders in the Air Force – more... with literal life and death consequences for your decisions.

I'd would highly recommend the US Air Force for anyone with a strong desire to make a global impact with their talents. – less
Excellent opportunities
Quality Assurance Evaluator (Former Employee), North CarolinaApril 13, 2014
Pros: education, comraderie, skills
Cons: lengthy deployments, drawdowns...
Great experience, it's up to you how far you want to advance. If you put in the time to study and stay out of trouble, you will get promoted. The education opportunities are incredible.
Once in a lifetime experience and the best technical training
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Barksdale AFB, LAApril 12, 2014
I managed 80 Aircraft Structural Maintenance Personnel. I have a highly qualified background working directly with structural engineers. A typical day at work consists of prioritizing aircraft take off schedules, multiple personnel issues, diagnosing and troubleshooting aircraft problems along with team building. The most enjoyable part of my job is – more... bringing people with such diversity to work as a team to reach a goal. One that benefits the company in a positive way and one that benefits them in a positve way as well. – less
USAF review
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee), VariousApril 12, 2014
A career builder.

of all the branches the AF provides the closest corporate feel than any other branch.
Very productive and eager to learn
Vehicle Maintenance Craftsman (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 11, 2014
Very productive person able to multi-task. Working in the Air Force is great and it was a wonderful expereince.
E-5 Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), WYApril 11, 2014
Good out of high school occupation; worked in hospital administration in Germany and Wyoming.
Awesome
Enlisted Accessions Military Program Manager (Current Employee), Universal City TexasApril 11, 2014
Great place to work. Helping the military complete the mission of this country!
Productive environment
HVAC/R Technician NCO (Former Employee), Beale AFB, CAApril 11, 2014
Learned something new everyday. Always a job to be done, NEVER A DULL MOMENT.
Excellent workforce
administrative assistant (Former Employee), McChord AFB, WAApril 11, 2014
Pros: job security, free medical, free dental.
Cons: getting deployed overseas during the holidays
During a typical day I worked with my supervisor and her supervisor amongst many customers approaching the personnel counter. I answered telephone calls, created orders, filed paperwork, managed supervisor yearly reports, did data entry, and did mail runs for the squadron, commander, and commander's secretary.
Got to travle all over the world and loved my job.
Egress Systems Apprentice (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits and free housing.
Cons: having to be away from family
I loved getting up each morning and getting on my uniform and looking good for everyone to see. I liked knowing what I done would save a life if they had to use what I worked on. I really enjoyed my co workers cause we all felt like family. The hardest part of my job was having to say goodbye to another solider when they woiuld have to go to another – more... duty station to do their job. – less
Nutritional Medicine (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2014
A typical day at work involved setting up and preparing for the day, making sure everything was stocked and ready to go. We would make the patient trays as they were ordered. The hardest part of the job, I would say would be the hours. We worked shift schedules so one week we would work 5am to 1pm the next week we would work 10am to 7pm. It was a hard – more... schedule to work around with my family. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to interact with the patients, especially the little ones. – less
Stressful constant work-load
Client Systems Technician (Former Employee), Ellsworth AFB, SDApril 11, 2014
Pros: very standardized procedures.
Cons: it's the military.
The average day would start with a team meeting, going over tickets\work orders and assinging them. Throughout the rest of the day it would be working on what you were assigned. Mostly consisting of setting up a new printer, troubleshooting MS Office, installing new software or re-imaging a PC for a new user. The end of the day would be going over what – more... was accomplished and what was not, and why. – less

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more