U.S. Air Force
7,176 reviews

U.S. Air Force United States Employee Reviews

Best
Supervisor/ Vehicle Operations (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Meeting different people all the time
Cons: Being told were to go at anytime
The Air force was the best thing I had ever done. The military showed me growth in myself after competing in service. I recommend the Air Force to anyone who want to join the military.
fun and an eye opener
Security Forces Patrolman (Current Employee), sheppard afbApril 14, 2015
Pros: thirty days per year vacation
Cons: no lunch breaks
I would arm up daily guns and ammo to patrol and perform security duties. I learned all about operation security and weapon safety. My co-workers were from a wide variety of back ground so i enhanced my people skills in which were already good. The hardest part about security forces was to remain the same level of vigilance for 12-14 hours during the shifts. Training and dealing with the public was the best part of my job.
Incredible Opportunity
Surgical Technician &Assistant Management CSS (Former Employee), Eglin AFBApril 13, 2015
Pros: MORALE, The Team, opportunities for knowledge
Cons: None
I learned so much more than i could ever list, truly. Morale was out of this world in the military-absolutely NOTHING in civilian compares to the challenges and incredible experience I will ALWAYS carry with me.
The Air Force is a way of Life I'll never forget!!
Personnel Craftsman (Former Employee), Las Vegas NV/Korea/Tukey/Japan/United KingdomApril 13, 2015
Pros: Medical and Dental Coverage, HousingAllowance and Food.
Cons: Being away from family and loved ones for long periods of time.
If it wasn't for the Air Force I would not have been able to see the world and live in different countries for 1-3 year time span. I meet a lot of good people and learn how to adapt to different cultures, time zones and personalities. One thing rings true when reflecting back on my life as an Airmen, and that is You Work Hard and You Play Hard!!
Overall a great place to work and in a great city.
Surveillance Technician (Current Employee), Bellevue, NEApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
A fun, fast-paced and challenging place to work with great people who offer years of experience and knowledge. Senior management who listens and mentors on a daily basis and who take care of their people.
Poor Opportunity for Skill Growth
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAApril 13, 2015
A typical day as an intelligence analyst involves coming in, sitting down at a desk and being ignored with little meaningful work to do everyday for years on end. If you're looking to get paid to do nothing, and to never need to actually know what you're doing, you are looking for a career in intelligence.

Culture was overall very self-centered and management generally prioritizes appearance over substance.
It's the military
Missile Alert Facility Chef (Former Employee), F. E. Warren AFB WYApril 13, 2015
At the end of the day the AF will send you where they need you, not necessarily where you want to go. But the benefits are great and so is the pay, it's worth the personal sacrifice especially if you are single.
Good service opportunity
Logistics Readiness Officer (Current Employee), United KingdomApril 13, 2015
Received education and work experience overseas. Bad life/work ratio overall due to distance, travel, time demands, requirements of personal life/time. Typical long days, all hours, weekends and holidays not necessarily free to travel or spend time with family. Great management/leadership experience and excellent logistics experience while on the job.
US Air Force is great
Chief of Maintenance (Former Employee), Scott AFB, ILApril 13, 2015
The Air Force is great at building teams and helping people learn to work together to accomplish the mission. It is a great opportunity to learn many valuable skills that a person can carry for the rest of their life. It can be tough. Sometimes you work long hours and you may be deployed away from your family for months on end. While that can be hard, having people around you that are going through the same ordeals and that you can talk to helps make it easier.
Great long life experienc I will pass on to my grand children
Security Specialist (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great People to work with
Cons: Working in adverse weather conditions
Great long life experience, very professional establishment that cares about its people growth within the organization. I can live by the Ohio State Patrol's motto....What have you do to make Ohio a Safer Place
Great Experience
Cyber Operations Journeyman (Current Employee), HawaiiApril 13, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits
Cons: No Social Life
Working for the USAF requires at HUGE commitment. It may require long hours and intensive work. This employer is perfect for the hands-on employees.

The Air Force is a great place to work because it provides good pay and benefits. The environment is very structured, but respectful. Bureaucracy is very important to Air Force and promotions are imminent at every stage of your career.

Highly Recommend!!
Day of being a Production Superintendent
Master Sergeant (Current Employee), Shaw AFBApril 12, 2015
Manage all maintenance actions on 28 assigned aircraft. Track, schedule, and assign over 3,000 maintenance tasks per day. Supervise over 150 personnel with multiple skill sets to complete all tasks with short deadlines. Also maintain a vigorous flying schedule and an aggressive flying hour program. Hardest part of the job is keeping all documents up to date with a very fast pace and an ever changing environment.
Productive yet fun workplace
Fuels Distribution Operator (Former Employee), Fairchild AFB Spokane WAApril 12, 2015
Pros: outdoor work set times
Cons: weather
The average day would include refueling and defueling aircraft along with maintaining a fleet of r-11 and r-12 refueling vehicles
Best Job Ever
Aerospace Ground Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSApril 12, 2015
Hands down the greatest experience I have had. The people I worked with are the best in the business. I have gained more experience and training during my time in the Air Force than most people acquire in their lifetime.
Productive workplace
Medical Standards Management Element Technician (Former Employee), Minot AFB, NDApril 11, 2015
Plenty of opportunities for education and career progression. Learned to work in a team work environment, learned leadership and followership skills.
USAF
Developmental Engineer/Program Manager (Current Employee), San AntonioApril 11, 2015
Pros: Education, Healthcare, SGLI, VA loans, competitive salary, 401K/TSP
Cons: Long hours, Cut Backs, Diminshed moral of troops, Lack of standards from entry Airmen
- A great place to start but not to end.

- "Must put be willing to put in a lot of work to be even considered deserving of anything"

- Profession is no longer stable due to the war ending; job advancement is proving to be rather formidable

- Recommend to all not to join just for the benefits; they are not enough anymore and will continue to be minimized;
Every Experience is Different
Aerospace Medical Services Journeyman (Former Employee), CAApril 11, 2015
There are No typical days. Every day brings a new Challenge. I learned to become self dependant and a better man. The management is different every where you go. Just Like any compant. The hardest part of the job was also the best part. The Traveling.
Productive environment
Computer Operations Apprentice (Former Employee), Incirlik, Turkey, Hampton, VAApril 10, 2015
The Air Force provided me with the skills that I needed in order to be a productive member of the team. The military is a positive influence and directs an individual to be productive and to learn something every day.
Great Benefits and Set Hours
Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Eglin AFB, FLApril 10, 2015
Pros: Bah, Free college, Healthcare Benefits
Cons: Deploying
The military offers a wide range of benefits. Along with the benefits you get a lot of specialized training. Most of the time you have a pretty set schedule.
Overall great environment
Air Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Dover AFB, DEApril 10, 2015
Pros: Outstanding Benefits
Cons: Management makes things complicated by not taking ideas from subordinate
A typical day at work consists of building pallets with large amounts of cargo on them, loading those pallets on board of multi million dollar airplanes, assisting passengers schedule flights and boarding procedures as well as constant supervision of those appointed under me. In the Air Force I learned how to be a leader as well as how to be decisive when tough choices need to be made. Working in the Military your co-workers are your brothers it's one of the best places to view how multiple people can function as one to accomplish something that needs to get done on time for someone in need.

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries