U.S. Air Force

8.0K reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Exciting, productive, and most learning experience
Supply Clerk/Warehouseman (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCAugust 24, 2015
Getting up bright and early every morning to begin work
Learned how to receive and account for supplies received for issuing out to airmen as needed or required
Managed my time to both work and begin college
Established and maintained good working relationships
The hardest part of my job was growing up and learning to assume personal responsibilities for my assigned duties
The most enjoyable part of my job was being a United States Air Force Airman and wearing that uniform with a sense of pride
Great place to work with supportive management who belve mission first people always. Focused on personal growth and developement.
Senior Advisor/Superintendent (Former Employee), Omaha NEAugust 24, 2015
Great time and would not trade it for anything in the world. Provided outstanding educational opportunities as well as a chance to travel. Salary not very comparable to civilian sector but the experience is well worth the trade off
I got to travel the world
Airman (Former Employee), South Korea, Germany, and AfghanistanAugust 24, 2015
My typical work day was from 7 am to 5 pm. I was entrusted in picking up and dropping of air crew to and from their aircraft. Delivered parts and other mission essential items to various places.
Hard working busy experience always doing something
Patrolman (Former Employee), Multiple LocationsAugust 24, 2015
Spent eight glorious years in the United States Air Force working as Military Police. Usually worked 12 hour shifts and was always busy. Devveloped strong personal and communication skills.
Productive and educational place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Student Position) (Former Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAAugust 24, 2015
Working with the U.S. Air Force I learned how to operate various office programs that the military uses daily. I learned to decipher information and produce documents for meeting and briefings.
Depends on where you are
Aerospace Medical Technician (Former Employee), Eielson AFB, AKAugust 24, 2015
I was at a secluded base where there was not much to do around there. And everyone was out for themselves at this base also which did not help the issue
Great place to learn and interact with new people.
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Sheppard AFB, TXAugust 24, 2015
Great place to work. Everyday brought new and sometimes difficult challenges. Taught me alot of new things medically. Worked with patients from two day old to 90 years old,
Excellent Workplace with benefits
Securtity Police Supervisor (Former Employee), Lackland Air Base, San Antonio, TexasAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Discipline
Cons: Many long days
The United States Air Force was a excellent place to be part of. Here I was able to learn skills that if used properly will help in my overall success in the workplace and in life. The Air Force also provided me some comfort, knowing the many benefits it offered while servicing and now as a veteran.
Nerve center, but fun and always lots of information to grab and apply.
Superintendent: Aircraft Maintenance Production (Current Employee), Joint Base Pearl Harbor HickamAugust 24, 2015
Pros: 100% college tuition, and being around professionals daily.
Cons: None!
Excellent organization to be part of! Yes, I would re-do my time in Air Force all over again. The Air Force is a most professional and respectful environment to work in. Hearing greetings like, Hello, Have a good day, How are you, as you pass by people sometimes give you that extra energy to finish your program, set up a briefing, or just finish the duty day.
It is the Government and the Military
Contracting Officer (Current Employee), WorldwideAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Inability to fire poor performers
My main issue with the USAF is that people are able to get by with doing literally nothing once the probation period is over. While there are many good people, the experience is offset by the equal amount of people who flat out refuse to perform anything more than the absolute minimum; which is a very very low bar. In addition, as a manager, it is near impossible to fire the problem employees as they are protected by both regulation and bureaucracy.

This complaint absolutely does NOT apply to the actual military members. As a whole the military members are high achievers. In addition, if you end up with a poor performing military member on your team it is actually possible to address.
Greatest Organization you can ever be apart of.
Work Experience (Former Employee), WorldwideAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Job Security, Education, Medical, Pay and Benifits, Travel
Cons: None
The greatest experience in life is the opportunity to serve your country. You can travel the world and experience everything it has to offer. An opportunity like none other.
Enjoying the military
Security Forces Member (Former Employee), Minot, NDAugust 23, 2015
Pros: healthcare, Dental, 401k
Cons: none
it was a very great adventure and a lot of people should enlist. I've learned a lot and it helped me better myself and other airmen.
It was alright, not for everyone
Air Force Trainee (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXAugust 23, 2015
It was alright, not for everyone...........................................................................................................................................................................................................
law enforcement with diversity
Security Forces (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDAugust 23, 2015
Pros: traveling, diversity, good people
Cons: scheduling, vacation timing
Job was a busy one but always teaching new things. Learned a number of techniques, ways to protect oneself and enforce rules. Also was taught different areas of police work, including how to safeguard buildings, patrol the community as well as monitoring who comes in and out of an installation.
Very productive and get to use a lot of technical/tactical epuipment
Nuclear Security Manager, LE Patrol/911 Dispatcher (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Lots of opportunities to travel and job security and benefits as well
Cons: Constant changes of leadership and sometime overwhelming workloads
Very productive and challenging. Meet and work with persons from all types backgrounds and interacting with the public is very rewarding.
Great experience
Flight Chief (Current Employee), Little Rock AFB, ARAugust 23, 2015
My time in the Air Force has been an overall great experience. I've been able to travel the globe and develop both professionally and personally. The people I've worked with and for have been outstanding.
learned may skills
Aviation Resource Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2015
Pros: learn alott
Cons: long work hours
Work can be large at times. Staffing problems happen allot. Learn large amount of information in a short period of time. Friends for life are developed.
Some Skills I Learned
Shipping and Receiving Clerk/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Altus AFB, OKAugust 22, 2015
While in the Air Force, I learned a lot of key skills that I can use to my advantage that I did not know I would learn. I learned how to operate 5 types of saws (Table, Radial Arm, Band, Panel, 12" Meter Saw DW718). I also learned how to properly inspect and operate different types of forklifts. Year after year, I've shipped and received a multitude of commodities big, small, classified, etc. valued at large amounts of dollars.
Military Experience
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Kirtland AFB, NMAugust 22, 2015
I have had the best time of my life in the United States Air Force. It was a great time and I had plenty of opportunities. I was able to travel, work with many people all of the world, and see things that I would have probably never seen had I not joined the military.
Would recommend the military to any young person
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Teamwork skills
Cons: Should have made a career
Spent four great years of my life in the Air Force, would do it again, it gave me a great start to my life and career. Taught me about being responsible in everything I do.
Headquarters