U.S. Air Force
6,158 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

US Air Force
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2014
The Air Force was a great experience. I gained a lot of knowledge of aircraft and aircraft systems.
USAF
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Riverside, CANovember 19, 2014
Its the Military what more do you needs? You get a chance to travel the world while serving your country.
Military Service
Occupational Health and Safety Technician (Current Employee), Dover AFB, DENovember 19, 2014
Great environment and many people of diverse backgrounds. Very enjoyable time serving and would highly reccomend anyone to do the same.
Very good job.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Valdosta, GANovember 19, 2014
Air Force is good at taking care of employees. Funded well for project execution.
Best thing that someone could do
First level supervisor (Former Employee), Marysville, CANovember 18, 2014
learned about structure and they way things should be ran. Met so many awesome people that i would give the shirt off my back anytime. Best part of the job was getting to learn management skills and become a good manager.
A great job full of new experiences
Protocol Supervisor (Former Employee), United States and OverseasNovember 18, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: travel every two years
I joined the United States Air Force in 1976. I thought basic training was tough, but was overjoyed when finished. My first assignment was the Philippines from there to Colorado to Texas to Egypt to Mississippi to Korea to Hawaii. I learned so much from all my experiences as a Protocol specialist and supervisor. I grew up in this job.
Air Force
Air Traffic Controller (Former Employee), Travis Air Force Base, CANovember 18, 2014
Best Air Force in the world!
Excellent benefits.
Jobs can vary and change.
Room for growth in all aspects.
You learn new things everyday.
Compensation not equal to work load
Airborne Cryptologic Language Analyst (Current Employee), Omaha, NENovember 18, 2014
Pros: reliable payment
Cons: compensation
The work in the linguistics field was fulfilling but compensation was not equitable. Although military emphasized the healthcare and fringe benefits of military life, these sort of benefits can be obtained from most civilian organizations.
Great security and flexibilty
Quality Assurance Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Cannon AFB, NMNovember 18, 2014
Pros: paid holidays
Great organization. I enjoyed going to work everyday. Friendly diverse workforce.
Best organization to get real world training and application
Medical Service Craftsman (Former Employee), MacDill AFB, Tampa FlNovember 18, 2014
Pros: on call 24hrs
Cons: the years go by fast
From working in the medical centers to the outpatient clinics and field medical care. I have received the best training one could ask for. Travel the world and help people, what else could be better!
Typical day
Security Forces (Former Employee), F E Warren AFB, WYNovember 18, 2014
Not your average 9-5 if you are security forces.
The people you will meet are awesome. Well some. the places you'll see are ok depending where the Air force sends you. Enjoy
You'll learn alot on your own and by a good mentor if you can find one. Look at the higher ups like seniors and chiefs
good work place
Logistics (Current Employee), Westover AFB, MANovember 18, 2014
teaches you how to be on time and how to be independent every day and how to wrk fast and safe
Dedicated to success
Command Petroleum, Oil and Lubricants Inspector (Former Employee), Barksdale AFB LANovember 18, 2014
I am very outgoing, friendly and punctual. After 22 years in the Air Force I have vast knowledge in administrative duties, quality control inspections, petroleum related testing and protocol experience. I like a job that provides a challenge.
Served My Country With Brave and Honored Citizens
Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), World WideNovember 18, 2014
Working in the military was the best experience of my life. I grew as a professional and learned what it meant to accomplish a mission while working with teams. Furthermore, the Air force gives you the opportunity to lead and inspire people to accomplish a common goal.
productive and life changing
Airman First Class (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch utmost respect
Cons: being away from immediate family
The Air Force literally changed my life. I learned so much from every job title that I held. I learned how to be a productive citizen, and how to contribute to the needs of others. The managers were all excellent and possessed pure knowledge and skills to produce successfully trained Airmen. We all considered each other as wingmen, so no one was ever – more... left behind. There was no hard part of the job because we all worked together. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that we were family and we would make it through everything together. – less
Productive very well oriented
Superintendent, Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ARNovember 18, 2014
Pros: working with a diverse group of people
Cons: being away from family for long periods at a time
A typical day at work would be overseeing a squadron with 460 personnel. Watching over the safety, procedures, and environmental daily functions. I was also the Supply subject matter expert which is the job I loved the most. I loved managing a section with 56 employees and training them on functions within the supply/inventory career field. The hardest – more... part of the job was being short manned due to deployments but at the same time fun, by organizing our time to make the job run smoothly. – less
Air Force good, security forces bad
Security forces patrolman (Former Employee), abroadNovember 18, 2014
Don't do security forces career field, you will be prepared to do nothing but be a cop when you get out. Provides little training that would allow you to branch in to other fields
Military
Supply Operations Journeyman (Office Manager) (Former Employee), Offutt AFB, NENovember 18, 2014
Rewarding, gratifying, hard-working job. The Air Force taught Integrity First, Service before Self, and Excellence in all we do.
challenging work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Malmstrom AFB, MontanaNovember 17, 2014
Pros: self gratification of task accomplishments
Cons: sometmes long hours and stess
the work was challenging from start to finish. Working on complicated electronic components to completion almost always gave a sense of satisfaction. The rules were straight line rules set by management to be followed by all in a similar. Supervising others was a different experience that took carefully performed traits. Each person in an organization, – more... no matter where, is still an individual person. Meeting each of their needs, while still reaching the goals is sometimes challenging, but not impossible if managed correctly. Working with mainly good people and acquiring daily goals, even though challenging, was something I enjoyed . – less
Great~!
Administration Assistant/Social Services Assistant (Former Employee), Hill AFB, UTNovember 17, 2014
Awesome! It's been a real pleasure to work at the Chapel. I am very blessed!

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more