U.S. Air Force
7,634 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Great way of life
Officer (Former Employee), United StatesJune 24, 2015
Great way of life, wish all would serve. Advancement is based on your level of effort. Full medical, full dental, 30 days off per year
Good experience
Aircraft Fuel Systems Technician, Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), United StatesJune 24, 2015
Pros: amazing people
Cons: Long hours
Amazing everyday experience working as a team with dedicated individuals fighting for their country. Everday was different with different challenges to face with the work. Work was hard and sometimes stressful but the Air Force molded me into the individuals i am today
Pleased
Security Forces Member (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 24, 2015
I enjoyed my time in the military. I was fortunate enough to be able to serve my country. I learned various things in the military
Great opportunities
Client System Technician (Current Employee), Fairchild AFB, WAJune 23, 2015
Great opportunity for the right person. You have great promotion cycles and paid education. Great place o get experience and on the job training.
Above and Beyond
Air Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Westover ARB, MAJune 23, 2015
Great experience I would do all over again! I served from 1982 to 2014. I lived in 5 different countries and 8 different states. I deployed several times into a warzone. The adventure was priceless. The brotherhood was great! Aim High and join today!!! MSgt White
One of the best jobs I have had in this field
Sports and Fitness Center Director (Former Employee), Luke AFB, AZJune 23, 2015
Pros: up todate equipment, awsome instructors
Cons: Old facility to small for the number of people using the facility
Fun place to work, good people, active duty, retired military and civilian, good equipment awsome staff.

The job culture is not working I give it 5 stars.
Productive and fun workplace when we were able to push ourselves and get the job done in a timely manner.
Aircraft Strucural Maintenace Journeyman (Current Employee), Moody AFB, GaJune 23, 2015
Pros: Job Security and Health Benefits
Cons: No Overtime Pay
Our work load changed on a daily basis depending on what happened to the three different aircraft at Moody AFB. I learned how to become one of the leaders/trainers to younger airman. Our Shop Chiefs always had our best interest, and as long as you followed tech data they were willing to go to bat for you if needed. Co-workers like anywhere can frustrate me at times when I felt I was the only one putting in 110% to accomplish the mission. I had to learn different ways to push individuals that helped motivate them. Hardest part is not knowing what was to come each day, but again I tried to look at it from a positive perspective. Most enjoyable part is being able to come together as one, and building friendships as you work with other people.
Busy work center
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDJune 23, 2015
Scanned intelligence info on a daily basis
Updated target information for specific target assigned
Supervised three personnel (5 years experience)
Quality checked co-workers reports prior to being released to the intelligence community and customers
Great life experience
3D072 -- Cyber Systems Operations Craftsman (Former Employee), Nellis AFB, NVJune 23, 2015
Pros: travel, education, advancement, medical & dental
Cons: long deployments, move every 4-5 yrs
If you suffer from wonder lust and have no direction, the U.S. Air Force is a great to help you find your way. While you are serving your country, the Air Force will give you the tools that you will need to help you become a better person. You learn the Air Force Core values that will strengthen your values and gain a sense of camaraderie and brotherhood that you do not often experience in the civilian world. You are encourage to learn and grow both mentally, spiritually, and physically.

When your service commitment is done either after the initial enlisted term or going career of 20+ years, you will not be the same person you were when you first entered. The experience you have in the Air Force is what you make of it.
productive and fun workplace
medical logistician (Current Employee), Maxwell AFB, ALJune 23, 2015
my day usually consist of checking in goods and distributing them to our customers. great co workers and supervisors easy to get along with and always willing to lend a helping hand
A highly demanding job with great responsibility
Electrial power production technician (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 23, 2015
Pros: Good leadership, and great befits
Cons: Being away from family for along period of time
Its a productive and fast pace hard working demanding job. You definitely have to know how to work in a stressful situations and get the job done in a timely manner. With a strong understanding of my ability to get my job done state side and over seas. I have learned leadership and how to work in a team set as will as being my own self motivator to get a job done fast and sufficient. I have excellent – more... management who pushed me to my limits to excel at the highest level. Coworkers are like a family that I can count on, when situations get intense that we all come together to get the mission done. The hardest part of my job is being away from family but that is part of the job and knowing what you are doing is for them. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with great people and giving back even when the job gets stressful and demanding. I'm able to push myself to perform at the highest level to compete any task or mission. – less
It's the US Air Force
Evaluator Aircraft Loadmaster (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsJune 22, 2015
I'm Retired. I started at the beginning. I traveled the world. It was awesome. Sometimes we had good leadership, sometimes not. The End.
The Air Force has the best job security
Nuclear Accountability and Reporting Supervisor (Current Employee), Minot AFB, NDJune 22, 2015
Hands down the best option for those looking to join the Military. Quality of life cannot be beat by our sister services. Job security is top notch.
Career
Captain (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Depends
Depends on your goals and aspirations. If you want to make it a career you can, however, know that there will be sacrifices that you will have to make. Either way, take of yourself and make sure that you check off all the right boxes, that is all that matters 95% of the time.
Productive and fun place to work
Aerospace Propulsion Supervisor (Former Employee), Langley, VAJune 22, 2015
Avg 10h daily, learning to repair aircraft engine. Learned, ordering concept, inventory accountable and how to handle hazardous materials. managed approximately a team of 5 personnel with diversity. The hardest part of the job was trying to find ways to use the diversity to strengthen the team. The enjoyment was at the end of the job, the successfully completed tasks.
Military.
Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 22, 2015
I was in for four years and can't really say that I miss it. I miss certain aspects, sure. But for the overall I do not. Management can be hit or miss; you get cool guys some stations, others are less so. I liked seeing my actions pay off in the real world, however I only got to see that while deployed. Overall, great experience; but glad it is past me.
Professional work environment
Supply Management Journeyman (Former Employee), Newport News, VaJune 22, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: often work 10+ hours a day without overtime pay
Everyone in my work center is very respectful to one another and understands that the mission comes first. Teamwork is executed without having a second thought. We as military members receive training on all work relationship matters yearly.
Military Life is a good way to start
Instrumentation Crew Chief/Technician (Former Employee), Alamogordo, NM and Ogden, UTJune 22, 2015
Pros: The military lifestyle is like a family, and hard to leave when its over.
Cons: Work hours can be rough, and there is always potential for deployment.
In a typical day, I would build electronic data acquisition systems, install them on rocket sleds or rocket motor test stands, and collect the data during launch. I learned a lot about teamwork and supervision. Also became highly skilled at electronics buildup and troubleshooting. Most of the officers and civilian heads were very good to work for, but there was always a bad one somewhere. My co-workers were great to work with and I mad quite a few friends. The hardest part of the job was doing enlisted evaluations on my workers, but the most enjoyable part was training them.
Best decision I've ever made
1st Line Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee), Goodfellow Air Force Base, TexasJune 22, 2015
Pros: healthcare, life insurance, education benefits
I had the pleasure of working with one of the best organizations in the world. They ensured I was given a proper trade that transferred easily into the civilian world. I was given the opportunity for advancement. I had some of the best mentors a person could ever ask for. I was taught by some of the best medics, physicians, and nurses this nation has ever seen. The hardest past was being deployed often, The most enjoyable part seeing the world and being exposed to different cultures.
Best Years of my Life
Manager, Knowledge Operations (Former Employee), Tyndall AFB FLJune 22, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Deployment
I spent 24 years in the military are received a retirement from the Air Force. It was the best 24 years of my life as it has developed the person I am today. Taught me leadership and management skillsets and how to work as a team. Also to be thorough, attention to detail, integrity, and raised my productivity.

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries