U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 12,391 reviews matching the search
Security response member
Security Forces Member (Former Employee) –  Japan, London, Qatar, GuamFebruary 17, 2017
Tasked with providing force protection duties, guarding weapons, air bases and Air Force personnel from possible dangers. My main duty was to keep the peace at all Air Force bases and installations by doing such things as securing the perimeter of a base, to handling security dogs

I was responsible in being able to understand and execute use of deadly force to protect Air Force personnel and resources. They may be called upon to protect nuclear or conventional weapons. I was also responsible in performing life-saving procedures like CPR, when acting as a first responder to an accident or disaster situation.
Pros
Structured schedule, life long friends, travel, financial stability
Cons
Stressful at times
n/a
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 15, 2017
Accomplished Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP certified) with experience in clinical laboratory methodologies and procedures, as well as experience in phlebotomy and customer service. Performed over 1.1M lab tests yearly in 4 scientific disciplines, and strive to provide quality patient care for 507K Department of Defense and Veteran beneficiaries, as well as 464 clinicians. Committed to receiving professional development and training, and maintaining competency at 100%.
Great career to advance in your life and dreams
LOGISTICS PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 15, 2017
I absolutely love the military! My time and experiences could have not been accomplished near as well as they did in any other career choice. The only downfall i had with them is the total amount of favoritism that i had encountered in my time. Even with the difficulties, it doesn't even begin to compare to the amount of amazing tours i got to partake on and the trainings i was fortunate enough to obtain.
Pros
Medical care, education benefits, travel opportunities, trainings, career advancement
Cons
deployments away from family
Professional work atmosphere
Integrated Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 13, 2017
hard work, long hours, stressful work environment, but very rewarding. Being a maintenance technician in the air force is full of surprises, and not the most calm work place, but the people are amazing, and strong willed, passionate and determined to get the job done right. Its not the easiest place to work when you have a family, but it is definitely a job that builds character and puts your mind to the test
Pros
experience
Cons
short breaks, long hours, harsh work environment
Great job and training.
E-4 A1C (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLJanuary 13, 2017
- A typical work day would take me to work, depending on work schedule. Got to repair shop and fix anything that is broken, perform preventative maintenance schedule.
- I learned many valuable lessons that would take me into the working life.
- Co-workers were a blast and funny and always telling stories of past assignments/war stories.
- The hardest part of my job was traveling to new assignments.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was my time off and I could ride my motorcycle.
Pros
Free meals and coffee
Cons
Pulling KP
Professional Organization with members that have high integrity and confidentiality
Cryptologic Language Analyst (Current Employee) –  Presidio of Monterey, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Day consistent of fast paced, intensive learning, learning foreign languages. Management was exceptional, co-workers were respectful and easy to get along with. The most difficult part of the job was how mentally strenuous job became at times. Most enjoyable part of job was the mental stimulation due to the challenge and intensity of job itself, as well as working with very respectful co-workers.
Pros
Free Substinence, Housing, and Medical, as well as educational benefits
Cons
On duty 24/7
A workplace thats more like a family
NIGHT SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAFebruary 22, 2017
One thing that I've learned from the Air Force is that, they really do believe that there people are its greatest assets. and because they've adopted those beliefs the people tend to benefit from it. I enjoy my job because i am constantly learning. I could never know enough about what i do. I am blessed to have such a knowledgable supervisor that not only cares about the job, but also my well being.
Pros
Free lunches
The absolute best place to work and grow
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Moody Air Force Base, GAJanuary 11, 2017
The Air Force is what you make of it. The career opportunities are there as well as short term benefits of joining and working for the best organization in the world with exception to maybe Google, Apple, Microsoft, and other tech giants. The dividing factors being direct monetary wages at the onset of hiring (military pay is slotted and restricted by law, so there is little flexibility in that regard), and choices in where you live and work.
Great Job Experience and Service to our Country
Operations Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Beale AFB, CAJanuary 24, 2017
As with many jobs in the military, your schedule must be flexible to meet mission requirements. I learned the importance of time management and be adaptable. Being part of the military is being part of a team and everyone must do their part in order for the company to maintain effectiveness and flourish into the future. Those values have been instilled into me and will carry over into my civilian life.The hardest part of the job is maintaining family life but it is not impossible. I enjoyed being part of an honorable culture and will miss playing my part in getting the mission completed.
Pros
Benefits (healthcare, BAH, BAS), Culture
Cons
Tough on family life, Must be incredibly flexible
Loved serving my country
Instrument and Flight Controls Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAJanuary 10, 2017
Spent 8 years going through the best training in the world, and being deployed all over the world. I loved watching planes taking off, and being called out before flight to fix something really quick. I loved being there when they landed, and talking to the crews about what they did, and what problems they ran into. Hardest part of my job was working the long hours in all the different scenarios Ive been outside when it was 130, and -60 trying to do the same job each had its unique challeneges.
Unique place of work
Regionalization Enterprise Material Assets Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2017
I don't work in the "Real Air Force" having been part of a Joint org for my entire career. However its's a fun place to work. You'll meet some individuals that will help further your career and expand on your life goals. Just be willing to listen and take their advise.

The military will get you everything you need:
- education
- job security
- all sorts of friends
- may/may not get to go places that you've always wanted to travel to
- great pay
- benefits
- 30 days paid vacation accrued each each and can bank up to 60 per fiscal year Oct 1 - Sept 30
Pros
free range
Cons
not all credit is given where required
Military life can be great, if it's right for you.
Section Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 18, 2017
As of Aug 2017 I will have retired from the U.S. Air Force after serving 20 years. I joined straight out of high school so this is the only adult life I've known, but I would do it again if I had the chance. However, I have a deep sense of duty, so taking orders and working as part of a team came naturally to me. I would recommend the military to anyone, but be sure you're there for the right reasons. There are good benefits even for those that don't stay until retirement. However, I would caution making a career of it unless you have that sense of duty, patriotism, or drive to serve your country. The military life isn't easy, but it can bring an amazing sense of accomplishment, for you and your fellow military members.
The highest possible honor
Personnel Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAJanuary 9, 2017
Being in the United States Military, you never know what to expect on a typical day. You could find out that you're leaving in just a few short weeks to go serve your country overseas, or you could receive orders that you'll be relocating elsewhere worldwide. You have to honestly be ready for anything. I learned how to make the best of whatever is thrown at me. You may have differing opinions from your superiors; However, I believe this is an aspect that could come with any job and it's up to you to make the best of it. Those around you are your brothers and sisters and they should have your full support. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing different parts of the world.
Stable stepping-stone
Airborne Cryptologic Language Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 8, 2017
Enlisting will take you from entry-level to upper-middle management while providing a very competitive wage and solid medical/dental and retirement benefits. Most jobs are quick to plateau after five years or so, but the USAF was an excellent opportunity to build myself up in skill and financial independence.
Pros
Some of the most comprehensive technical training out there. Locations abound.
Cons
Little to no lateral movement, Unparalelled impact on personal life
Great Opportunity to Serve
Weapons Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 26, 2017
A typical day at work felt important and vital to the mission. Even training was important because everyone needed to perform their job to the best of their abilities in order to complete the mission. Immediate supervisors cared about their people and were focused on completing the mission in the best way possible.
Pros
Housing, healthcare, pay
Cons
hours can be long, some supervisors are better than others
Great working environment with secured benefits
Material Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTFebruary 13, 2017
My typical day included but was not limited to physical training, supervision of junior airman and material controller. The most challenging part of this assignment was the rigorous and long hours. I enjoyed the daily camraderie and the interaction between different countries.
Pros
Fast paced and camraderie between counterparts
Cons
Long days, rigourous hours, environmental heat
Mission Oriented.
Material Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMJanuary 7, 2017
No days are the same. So I had to be flexible. Got to do what was expected of me, and sometimes go beyond that - day in and day out. Sometimes work hours are long and demanding. I've learned that it's not about "liking" the job, it's about how much you put into it. What you do is who you are in the professional world. It's the military so you get orders on what and how to do thing from every NCO's, SNCO's and Comissioned Officer. Good days, bad days, just like any jobs.
Benefits
Cons
Minimum free time, being away from family
Great Opportunities
Air Force Officer (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Most days you work an 8 hour day, and the people you work with can very from angry stressed to pleasant to deal with.

The training available is mostly great, although the yearly and quarterly training can be pretty repetitive.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the little daily annoying requirements, the constantly changing of computer systems that are still outdated, and it can be difficult to get things fixed when broken.
Serving in the USAF living a military lifestyle
Military Personnel Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Working in the United States Air Force is a great accomplishment. You will be productive and have hands-on training. Daily, new tasks will be introduced and completion will be expected. The day-to-day work environment is incredibly organized and task-driven. All members are expected to be self-sufficient and goal-oriented. At the same time, you must work well in a team. As a result, unbreakable friendships and new experiences will be created. Not a day goes by without a sense of achievement being fulfilled.
Pros
health benefits, tuition assistance, and financial aid.
Cons
the military lifestyle is not for everyone
Tough but Rewarding job.
Compliance & Programs Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Seymour-Johnson AFB, NCJanuary 4, 2017
The Air Force as a whole is a Tough but rewarding career choice. The Job is demanding especially in the Maintenance career fields as there will be many long hours and you will work in some unique environments. The people are very diverse and very professional. The advancement opportunities are very abundant and the overall job is stable.
Pros
Rewarding work, Plenty of room to advance, Lots of travel/training opertunities, Outstanding benifits
Cons
Long hours/Time away from family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6