U.S. Air Force
5,645 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Great Teamwork, Great for a stepping stone in life
Avionics Test Station and Component Journeyman (Current Employee), Abilene, TXSeptember 11, 2014
troubleshooting, calibrating, repairing, and replacement of all components within our Test Stations, and Line Replaceable Units (LRU). On a daily basis uses Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Variable Crystal Oscillators, Digital/Analog Multimeters, Schematic Diagrams, Attenuators, and Amplifiers, in all radio frequency (RF) ranges. – more... Works with AC, and DC voltage. Keen knowledge of Ohm’s Law, and with working on live single and multiphase circuits. Certified for HAZCOM Initial Accumulation Points, CPR certified (Both adult and children), 4k, 6k and 10k Forklift certified, Daily use of MSDS’s.
• Identified a lack of experience on troubleshooting procedures, and basic knowledge of our building’s Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS). I self-educated, and preformed all procedures, then taught seventy-three (73) Airmen how to conduct said procedures, thus leading to a work center wide certification with 100% compliance.
• 100% qualification on all work center Journeyman, and Craftsman tasks. Expertly used both 5k, and 10k forklifts to crate, uncrate, and transport multi-million dollar LRU’s and test equipment. Pristine record with no discrepancies for Quality Assurance (QA), nominated for “QA Honor Roll” yearly. Known fleet wide (4 bases, over 200 employees) as a Master of my profession in reference to troubleshooting, and repair of Band 6, 7, and 8 Radio Frequency Sources (RFS).
• Troubleshot, and repaired or replaced system components within LRU’s to bench check thousands of serviceable avionics components. Fabricated, and repaired hundreds of Test Packages, leading to effective diagnostics of LRU’s, and Avionics Test Stations with equipment. Preformed wire fabrication and repair on a weekly basis, using solder, crimp, and splicing techniques. – less
Professional Military Career, Great Opportunity and Many Skills Learned
Logistics Readiness Officer (Current Employee), MultipleSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: leadership and management skills
Cons: work life balance difficult to obtain
I enjoyed my time in the military and am thankful for all that it gave to me. I am eager to begin my civilian career and see where it takes me.
Tremendous career in the U.S. Air Force
Cyber Operations (Current Employee), Camp Smith, HISeptember 10, 2014
With numerous opportunities to excel, the U.S. Air Force is a great place to have a career.
Great experience
Aviation Management Shift Lead (Former Employee), Bellevue, NESeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: bad leadership
It was a great experience, I learned a lot, made me a better person. Did not prepare me for the real world.
Fun traveling the world
Aircraft Loadmaster (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CASeptember 10, 2014
Loadmaster for the c-17 air craft. Traveled the world picking up and dropping off military supplies.
Great career...
Civil Engineering, Housing and Facility Management (Former Employee), Multiple LocationsSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: leadership and mentoring
Cons: having to leave family during times of deployment, etc...
Best decision I ever made. I grew in ways I never thought I could leaving Fort Lauderdale, FL in 1985. The leadership, mentoring, coaching were the best. Understanding and knowing the Air Force core values…Integrity, Service, and Excellence helped to propel my success and allowed afforded the opportunities to learn a plethora of knowledge about Civil – more... Engineering, Housing, and Facility management. Having the opportunity to meet foreigners and be immersed in their communities was priceless. I would do it all over again. – less
Family Like Atmosphere
Air Terminal Operations Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Andrews AFB, MDSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: fight for the united states
Cons: dying
We as a military rely on out brothers and sisters daily to get the job completed whether deployed or on home soil.
Becoming a good manager not only helped myself become a better leader but helped the younger generation follow in the footsteps I left behind.
Hardest part of the job is being human and making a mistake and the most enjoyable part is learning – more... from those mistakes. – less
Exceptional place to work for over 20 years!
Director, Assault Response Coordinator (Former Employee), Kunsan Air Base, South KoreaSeptember 10, 2014
As a transitioning Major in the United States Air Force, I've had over twenty years experience leading, managing, and building diverse teams within the United States and abroad. I have enjoyed my experiences and feel I can utilize my knowledge, skills, and abilities to enhance any organization.
Always learning on the job
Response Force Leader (Former Employee), Valdosta, GASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: understanding leadership, training
Cons: sometimes workload didn't allow for breaks
My work environment was diverse. Most days were enjoyable unless something criminal happened on the installation. We'd normally ride two man patrols or stand guard on the gate. I was also a supervisor. I provided training to younger troops. The hardest part of the job was that it could occasionally be physically demanding. The most enjoyable part of – more... the job was community policing. Going out into the installation/community and speaking with various people was what I enjoyed most. You learn a lot from others experience. – less
great learning experience working with state of the art equipment and great coworkers
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Robins AFB, GASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: location and people
Cons: pay for the area was not quite enough
I enjoy working for this unit. I get to work with people from all over the world. I also get to work with a great team that are experts on different types of aircraft. I lead a six man team that is responsible for developing mission data software to thousands of different users worldwide.
Life changing opportunity that will better anyone
Security Forces (Former Employee), WorldwideSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great people, team oriented, and sense of accomplishment
Cons: hit or miss management
The United States Air Force is a great place for anyone who wants to serve or simply to do some soul searching if you're not sure what you want to do after school. As with any military job you can bet you're be pulling some long hours especially within my career field: Security Forces. The people I've worked with are all unique individuals as they come – more... from all walks of life and provide a environment to learn from each other. I can say that I will definitely miss them the most. Just like any occupation your job enjoyment depends on the people work with and your bosses. I've had great leaderships and some not so great but they've all taught me a little something whether good of bad and molded me into a better person. – less
Aim High
Fire Protection Journeyman (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Cons: take advantage of making you work whenever they feel like it
OJT and progression in fire career. Kinda forced and sped you through the training in some aspects, but all in all a great experience.
The hardest part of the job
Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge (Current Employee), Kirtland AFB, NMSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free medical and dental
Cons: unstable work hours
The hardest part of the job is not having stability. One day you may work 7am to 4 pm another your working 6am to 6pm. You can be sent anywhere in the world at a moments notice and sometimes you may not be able to tell your family. The pay is good and the benefits are great. The work environment is what you make of it.
Productive and fun workplace
First-line Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee), Biloxi MsSeptember 9, 2014
I enjoyed the time and days I worked with United States Air Force. I found that I learned a lot about my self after joining the military. I was taught self discipline that will be a very great trait to have.Discipline and integrity were learned as well as warehousing strategies and survival skills.
Very challenging
Aircraft Armament Systems Specialist (Former Employee), United StatesSeptember 9, 2014
The military pushes you to become better and expect more of yourself. Each job is different and requires dedication and commitment. It may not be for everyone but the experiences and memories are worth it.
N/A
Airman 1st Class-Aerospace Control Apprentice (Former Employee), Panama City, FLSeptember 9, 2014
It's not what you think, I believe I went to the wrong base. I don't care to share my thoughts at this time.
Good Job
Security Forces (SF) Craftsman (Former Employee), Malmstrom AFB, MTSeptember 9, 2014
Was nice working in the Military but not many opportunities in Montana.
Saving lives and protecting property.
Fire Fighter Journeyman (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: long breaks
Cons: management
A typical day around work consisted mostly of training. I've learned everything from hazmat training to studying hydraulic theoretical equations. The hardest part of the job was being away from my family for an extended period of time.
Adventures
Aircraft Ordinance System Mechanic (Former Employee), World WideSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: work life balance
Fast paced environment with lots of travel. Must be able to multi task.
Stressful environment and unreasonable deadlines
Health Services Manager Journeyman (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits, housing
Cons: poor management, stressful deadlines
A typical day here would start off in the Medical Records Room, no windows, one door. Shift starts at 6:45 prompt with the office manager absent til about 8 AM. Daily deadlines would consist of inches, and sometimes feet, of medical paperwork needing to be filed in specific medical records by the end of the day, arriving in the medical records room – more... in no specific order. Also a daily pull list of about 230 records that would need to be pulled by lunch time and transferred over to the family practice. The hardest part of my job was meeting these deadlines, and the best part of this job was depending on my fellow co-worker airmen to tell a joke every once in a while. – less

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more