U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,985 reviews matching the search
Life is what yo make it in the Military.
Senior Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2016
The military is the only job where they will pull EVERYONE up the management ladder. Take what you learn here and better yourself, but dont be fooled into thinking it will be easy.
Pros
A good life for a military member.
Cons
Everything has to come to an end and a lot of people are not prepared for the 'afterlife'.
Good Benefits
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTJuly 18, 2016
It was a definite leaping pad for my life. I learned a lot about how management works and how to work with a wide variety of people to learn social skills.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Deployments
USAF nothing but the best
fire rescue (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 17, 2016
The US Air FOrce is a second family away from family. You always have choices in life and the AirForce was the best choice for me and my family.
Ok workplace
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  HawaiiJuly 17, 2016
You have to take the good with the bad. I joined to see what it was all about and it just wasn't for me. It isn't too bad but there are better places one could probably work
You can't beat the military.
Flight Commander (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 16, 2016
Military experience has afforded so much experience and opportunities in the logistics field. My greatest accomplishment to date.
Awesome government job
Electrical Engineering Intern (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Edwards, CAJuly 16, 2016
I enjoy my work at the us government base in Edwards AFB CA. I love my job and enjoy working with great minds. I learn a lot and always do my best to better my career.
Challenging and rewarding
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  United KingdomJuly 15, 2016
Firing up your computer in the morning to get your work orders for the day from the IT Manager and then spending a day walking around the Air Base either updating PCs or installing new printers and other hardware to collecting servers for replacement and removing old drives and imaging new ones. Remote work from my desk to change user passwords or fix a small software issue and the dread of Adding and Removing users from the Microsoft Exchange Servers and Active Directory.
I learned about security in this job and it got fired up about studying Network Security which has been fun and challenging.
Management was amazing and really helpful for building a productive work environment that was fun.
Hardets part of the job was leaving it.
Everyday at work was like a dream come true to me so there wasn't a most enjoyable part.
Pros
Free IT training with amazing professionals
U.S. Air Force
Aviation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 15, 2016
The United States Air Force is a nice service to work. The managers are always going out of there way to help you. My Coworkers are very pleasant to work with.
Friendly Work Environment
Materiel Management Apprentice/Logistics (Current Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJuly 14, 2016
Serving in the military is good experience. You meet a lot of people from different cultures and you get to travel around the world. Leadership can be strict sometimes but you learn to accept challenges and progress in your career field. Co-Workers are awesome and very supportive. I've learned a lot in the military such as discipline and professionalism. I have enjoyed my time in the military and will continue to follow the core values.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lackland, TXJuly 14, 2016
The shop is productive, and coworkers are easy to work with. Supervisor is great. Hardest part about the job is working out in the cold weather.
Selected Achievement (Restaurant Management) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 14, 2016
A typical work environment, a very diverse culture. Lots of training and benefit, if you apply yourself, there are plenty of promotion opportunities.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Potential deployments, and long work days.
don't join unless you have to
Financial Management Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 14, 2016
you have more work in small time limits then one person can handle. you're required to do so many other things on top of being skilled at your job. it's very easy to get depressed and become anti social.
Pros
2.5 days off accrued every month, discounts
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
Great way to enter the workforce as an adult
Security Police Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alaska and Nebraska, USAJuly 14, 2016
The military is a great way to get ones feet wet in the working world. At first I wasn't happy with my job but in short order it grew on me as I come to better understand the mission of National Security! Great fellowship among Security Police!
Busy, but rewarding
Maintenance Flight Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 14, 2016
Currently manage over 200 members. A typical day at work is between 9 - 12 hours. The best part of my job is working with others as a team to complete a task.
Challenge and rewarding
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  multipleJuly 13, 2016
Spent 8 years and travelled to multiple bases and locations either TDY or PCS. If you want a challenge that is very rewarding it is a good fit. Flexibility is key job/life balance can be hard at times.
Pros
provide housing and food, travel opportunities
Cons
management turnover every two years
My Individual summary
Signal Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2016
My experiences in the military will be vastly different from everyone else. Every command and co worker is different. My experience was quite awful. The Air Force as a whole is a great entity. The experience is priceless. The benefits were second to none. However, to assume that the different squadrons and commands function with any type of similarity or unity is silly. Politics within the individual units is what runs "little" Air Force. Its a game of favorites and that's what it always will be.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
Politics
Officer
Launch Operations Support Contract Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLJuly 13, 2016
Leadership opportunities to serve and learn are continuously available. Excellent benefits and opportunities are consistent with government provided healthcare and retirement savings. Would do it all over again if given the choice.
A great learning experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJuly 13, 2016
The most enjoyable part was solving every day challenges. There are always new obstacles. I learned time management skills with an emphasis on identifying "Big picture objectives".
Be careful what job you get
Logistic Manager (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJuly 13, 2016
I prefer not to talk about this job. I did 7 years and did a lot of good thing but the way they treat you and your family is not what I was told
Pros
paid vacation when allow to take
Cons
health care
Challenging & rewarding
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJuly 13, 2016
Everyone should experience the military to understand what it encompasses. 30 days of vacation per year just entering is great. Education is something everyone should take advantage of.
Pros
Diversity, travel, 30 days of vacation per year
Cons
Challenging, wear many hats of responsibility

4.6