U.S. Air Force

8.9K reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 8,466 reviews matching the search
Being in the Military
Medical Records Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXJanuary 28, 2016
I checked in patients, booked appointments and made schedules. I had a diverse group of well trained coworkers. I loved know that the patients walked away with what the needed. I didn't like when patients didn't get exactly what they wanted.
Pros
Having your doctor right at you fingertips if you needed him/her.
Cons
Not being able to cure the patient myself.
Service before self
E-5 Mid-level Manager (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 27, 2016
Integrity First, Service Before Self and Excellence In All We Do. Do not join the Air Force if you are not willing to sacrifice everything in order to complete the mission.
Daily Responsibilities
Avionics Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Elemendorf, AKJanuary 27, 2016
Debrief pilots when they land. I would go out to the jets that need to be worked on and trouble shoo the malfunctions and fix the jet.
A focused and team oriented
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Patrick Afb, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Long hours, but very rewarding at the end of the day. The team is always there to accomplish the desired results. Many employees have been there for over 15 years.
Pros
free lunch/dinner
Cons
increasing budget constraints
n/a
MEDICAL LOGISTICS CUSTOMER SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 27, 2016
Never assume anything always ask questions Do your research before joining. it all depends on the job you select. never settle for less
Great opportunity to travel, gain experience, work worldwide
Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  Ellswroth AFBJanuary 27, 2016
Great opportunities, no respect for personal life. You will never find a better opportunity to get exposure to multi-million dollar projects, teams that span 1000s of people.
Productive and stressful work environment.
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Ft Walton Bch, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Stressful environment where work is to be completed in a timely manner with limited mistakes. Most have tough skin and a good work effort.
Great experience!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaJanuary 26, 2016
Joining the Air Force was the best decision I could ever make, I have met amazing people and am able to experience so many amazing things by being a part of it.
Service to Country
Superintendent, Wing Command Section (Former Employee) –  Schriever AFB, COJanuary 26, 2016
Experience of patriotism. Time in the Air Force has allowed me to assimilate the core values of Integrity, Service before Self, and Excellence into my personnel and professional life.
Pros
Pay and Compensation
Cons
Extended Deployments
Fantastic Place to work and learn valuable life skills
Ramp Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day includes loading armored cars onto aircraft, delivering meals and supplies to Airforce one. and dealing with the luggage of foreign dignitaries.
Pros
Most Living expenses paid for, Huge amount of benifits
Cons
Hours can change at a moments notice
Good Career
Aircraft Maintenance Production Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Seymour-Johnson AFB, NCJanuary 26, 2016
23 years of service, provided well for me. took me all over the world. HArdest part is having to deploy when asked. The management can some time be difficult to deal with
Pros
Service, commitment
Cons
Long hours, unbalanced pay
Military Lifestyle
Telephone Systems Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHJanuary 26, 2016
Typical day, is a lot like any job. You show up and perform the task you were trained to do, but there is much more.
My time in the military taught me how to focus. I was surprised at how the military discipline made attending school so much easier. As a member of the Air Force you learn personal discipline and accountability.
The hardest part of the military lifestyle is the reduction in personal freedoms.
The most enjoyable part of the Air Force is the sense of family or comradery that is developed within your groups.
Pros
Dicipline
Cons
Reduced personal freedoms
Pinnacle of professionalism
Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Davis-Monthan AFB, AZJanuary 26, 2016
Services aircraft. Performs end-of-runway, postflight, preflight, thru-flight, and phase inspections. Performs integrated combat turns and hot pit refuels. Advises on problems maintaining, servicing, and inspecting aircraft and related aerospace equipment. Uses technical data to diagnose and solve maintenance problems on aircraft systems. Interprets and advises on maintenance procedures and policies to repair aircraft and related equipment.

Troubleshoots and maintains aircraft structures, systems, components, and related equipment. Removes and installs aircraft components. Conducts functional tests of repaired components and systems. Adjusts, aligns, and rigs aircraft systems. Supervises and performs aircraft jacking, lifting, and towing operations

Inspects aircraft structures, systems, components, and related systems. Supervises and performs aircraft and component inspections. Interprets inspection findings and determines adequacy of corrective actions. Inspects and checks components for clearances, tolerances, proper installation, and operation. Inspects and operates powered and nonpowered aerospace ground equipment. Inspects and identifies aircraft corrosion for prevention and repair. Reviews maintenance forms, aircraft records, automated maintenance data systems, and historical reports to ensure complete documentation. Inventories and maintains aircraft equipment.

Performs flight chief, production superintendent, expediter, crew chief, repair and reclamation, and maintenance support functions. Coordinates maintenance plans and schedules to meet operational commitments.
  more... Supervises and assists in launching and recovering aircraft. Reviews maintenance data collection summaries to determine trends and production effectiveness. Performs crash recovery duties. Performs staff and supervisory management functions.  less
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Super Place to Work
Chief, Log Sys Spt Branch (Current Employee) –  Ft. Deterick, MDJanuary 25, 2016
Typically, my day consists of completing emails, meetings, phone calls and interaction with bosses, co workers and employees I supervise. I learn every day I go to work..my job is challenging and rewarding. My bosses are consummate professionals and support everything we do. My co-workers are great to work with and we have mutual respect and work cohesively. The hardest part of the job is communication as many of the 90+ materials management operations we support are on time zones that make it difficult for direct communication. The most enjoyable part of the job is the folks I work with and support. I get superb satisfaction from helping people in the field solve Materials Management systems problems.
Pros
People and feedback from users
Cons
Budget Uncertainty
Time to move on
Maintenance Production Manager (Section Chief) (Current Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCJanuary 25, 2016
Spent 21+ years in the Air Force and though it was tough at times overall it was an enjoyable experience. Work vs Family was sometimes unbalanced with work winning that fight. But it was for a greater cause. Every base is different with leadership operating with its own nuances. Wouldn't change a thing.
Pros
Job security, Benefits, Advancement
Cons
long hours, time away from family
Very effective career building avenue
Cyber Transport Technician (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, ORJanuary 25, 2016
Learned basic IT networking skills (routers and switches)
Perform telephone network maintenance during Air National Guard Drills
Great Work Experience
Security Forces Specialist (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 24, 2016
Over the years I learned skills I could not have obtained anywhere else in the world. I achieved experiences through out the world that would take some a life time to achieve. I do not regret a minute while serving.
Pros
Travel, Healthcare, Education
Cons
Away from family
It was good
Material Handling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  EverywhereJanuary 24, 2016
It was good and i liked it. I separated because I wanted to move on in my career and life. I did get to see the world. And I earned good education benefits.
Productive and comfortable working environment
RF Technician (Current Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOJanuary 23, 2016
Maintained a professional working environment while working with other military personnel. Learned how to maintain and repair many different types of communication devices. Learned to work with people of all different types of personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the squadron would get together and have social gatherings.
US Air Force
Non Commissioned Officer In Charge of Postal (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks Air Force Base, NDJanuary 23, 2016
Many assignments all but 1 pleasing. Now days much has changed including Wars.

Loved Okinawa, Japan!!

Left service to utilize old GI bill which was expiring.

Regardless I would certainly do it again!!!

Bases assigned: K I SAWYER AFB, MI, KEESLER AFB, MS, OKINAWA, JAPAN, OFFUTT AFB, NE AND GRAND FORKS AFB, ND.
Pros
Travel, Responsibility, Leadership, Education.
Cons
War, Limits in family foundation.

4.6