U.S. Air Force
6,824 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

US Air Force
Aerospace Technician/Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Robins AFB, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: room and board, awesome accommodations, awesome tdys
Cons: its the military
The best of all branches. Yea, Marines love being Marines, but they always say they should have went into the AF. Actually, every branch says that except for the navy.
Greatest job I had
C17 Loadmaster (Former Employee), Hickam AFB, HawaiiFebruary 23, 2015
I was in the US Air Force for almost 2 years. I enjoyed every minute of it. I love to travel and to learn. A typical day of work (when not flying) would consist of helping with things around the work building such as - writing up reports, researching information, staying up to knowledge on my job. When I was flying, I would be doing everything that my job consisted of which would be doing in flight duties, making sure that cargo was strapped down properly and that passengers were comfortable and taken care of. I think the hardest part of my job was learning all the new knowledge because there was a lot to know about one single jet. The most enjoyable part was flying and getting to see new places and learning new things about my job and the plane that I flew on.
Overall it was a fun experience, very hard at times but it was a life changing experience that made me who I am today.
Security Forces Apprentice (3P031) (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTFebruary 23, 2015
Working four days on and four days off schedule, while on working days I was working twelve hour shifts guarding 10 nuclear missle sites. My co-workers were great to work with, which made the job much easier to do especially during the winter in -25 to -60 degree weather. I learned about military security procedures, how to effectively use a M4 carbine semi-automatic, M203 Grenade Launcher, M240B and M249 machine gun and the M9 pistol. I also learned how to physically subdue an enemy without having to use deadly force. Leadership on my flight was exellent, I couldnt have asked for any better. The hardest part of my job was probably working in subzero temperatures. The best part of my job when we aren't being deployed to missle sites for alarms, just being with fun and respectable friends playing pool or ping pong at our MAF(Missle Alert Facility) which was where we stayed during our work shift.
Excellence in All We Do.
Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice Technician (Former Employee), Sheppard AFB, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: medical, educational, housing, and food is all at a generously reduced rate.
Cons: strict if you are bad with authority figures.
Literally the Air Force stresses the importance of their core values throughout training, and in the operational Air Force. All personnel are held to the highest of standards. You must be the best of the best to make it the distance you want to go in this branch of service. Be advised, do not make yourself known until you make it into the "Operational" Air Force.
Chief, Configuration Management (Former Employee), MacDill AFB, FLFebruary 23, 2015
..................................................................................................................................................
Honorable work that less than 5% of Americans get to enjoy
MANAGER (Former Employee), worldwideFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: feeling of purpose, comradery, steady pay
Cons: hazards of the job, over egotistical co-workers
There was nothing typical about my work days because every day it was something new.
I have learned that freedom isn't free at all. The military person has an inherent work ethic that in a lot or most cases surpasses their civilian counterparts.
The difficulty in the job was dealing with the opposition. They wanted us gone or dead and everyday they let us know that thru motor attacks and gunfire.
The part of the job that I could say that was most enjoyable was when they died for their country and we lived for ours.
Incredible experience
TACP (Former Employee), Pope AAFFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: training, leadership
Cons: time away from home, number of deployments
Great people and incredible experience gained. The ability to be a part of something that is bigger than myself was second to none. Really have the "accomplishment" feeling.
Duty to Country
Quality Assurance Manager U.S Air Force (Former Employee), Cape Canaveral, FLFebruary 22, 2015
Please refer to Air Force website for any and all information regarding typical workday. The hardest part of this job is deployment and being away from family and friends.
The Nation's Premier Air and Space Force
Manager, Operations (Current Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOFebruary 22, 2015
Outstanding organization that provides a multitude of training in many career fields that focuses on personnel development, advancement, outstanding benefits, comparable salary, travel, achievement, education, job security, and job satisfaction. I recommend anyone to work for the United States Air Force for as long as they are able.
The training pipeline was challenging and rewarding.
Airman/Special Forces Trainee (Former Employee), Lackland AFB,February 22, 2015
Pros: challenging, rewarding work and progression.
Cons: constantly away from family.
Completed 4 different tech schools:
Combat control selection, Air traffic control school, Airborne, and SERE.
Coworkers were other airmen in the pipeline, ranging from E1 to O2.

Certified Air Traffic Controller.

The job was very physically demanding, but focused on being mentally alert and capable while under intense stress.

The most enjoyable part was the feeling of success as seemingly impossible tasks were completed before timelines.
Best Job in the World
Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Operator (Former Employee), Hampton, VAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: travel
Explosive ordnance disposal specialist are the militaries preeminent tactical and technical explosives experts. They are warriors who are properly trained, equipped and integrated to attack, defeat and exploit unexploded ordnance, improvised explosive devices and weapons of mass destruction.

Explosive ordnance disposal specialists are the culmination of the best tactical and technical training the military and civilian academia can provide. They are prepared to perform missions in support of units worldwide, across all operational environments.
Career Tasks

Handle live explosives on a daily basis

Detect, identify, render safe, recover and dispose of explosives and ordnance that are unsafe, including conventional military ordnance, criminal and terrorist homemade items and chemical, biological and nuclear weapons

Work on the flight line during aircraft emergencies, on bombing ranges during range clearances, in munitions storage areas, in accident areas and in any other area or climate where an explosive hazard exists.

Maintain equipment, technical data and vehicles.

Analyze unknown munitions and explosives for exploitation and use by the intelligence agencies.

Provide protection to the president, vice president and other dignitaries in support of the United States Secret Service
Enjoyed my time there.
Integrated Avionics Specialist/Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Aviano, Italy/Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: travel, pay, coworkers
Cons: deployments, not enough options
I joined the Air Force in 2008. I worked as an Avionics Technician for Fighters and UAV's. I worked with great people, the pay was good, and I never had any issues with my immediate superiors. Always had great supervisors. I decided to leave because I wanted more options for my future, and the enlisted air force simply didn't provide enough. Also, we traveled frequently. As a young person, this was welcome and enjoyed, but as I got a bit older, I was ready to settle down.
Hard Working yet relaxed
Weapons Load Crew Member (Former Employee), Minot AFB, NDFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great benefits, stable enviornment
Cons: weather conditions
A typical day would consist of inspections and aircraft maintenance. We learned to operate weapons systems and software to inspect those systems along with how to maintain our tools and equipment in order to uphold safety and quality standards.
The co-workers provided and a friendly and relaxed environment despite the weather conditions and work load.
best experience of my life
Security Forces Specialist (Former Employee), Vandenberg AFB, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: pay
Enlisted right out of high school. spent time in Texas, California,Italy,Germany,England. made lifelong friends.Got to serve my country.
awesome
Lead Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOFebruary 21, 2015
good place to work and feel like a team. never a dull moment that goes by. if you love your country yo uwill love this job. the only bad part about this job is not being with your family on a daily basis.
Would never go back
Program Manager (Former Employee), Travis, AFBFebruary 21, 2015
The people who are in management in the Air Force are complete idiots! They lead with emotion, not by logic. It is awful! I would never go back.
Military Service
Aircraft Armament Systems Journeyman (Former Employee), Cannon AFB, NMFebruary 21, 2015
I proudly served so that the greatest country in the world can continue to strive to be an example of ideal life. I will gladly give my life in pursuit of this
Review
Shift Supervisor, C4 Operations Center (Former Employee), USFebruary 21, 2015
Good company to work for. If you like working with the military this the company for you. Very good company I have no complaints.
Hoorah!!!
Signals Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Arizona and TexasFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: serving your country
Cons: hard on families
If you have no patriotism, the United States Air Force will teach you. They take care of their own. It is hard to have and maintain a healthy relationship with your spouse when enlisted. You must bring God in with you.
Secure, Diverse, Meaningful
Human Resources (Current Employee), England, CA, CO, NV, Korea, etc.February 20, 2015
The Air Force is an organization made up of people who not only care about people but are willing to do anything in their power to help people. Whether it be on a personal level in helping people develop job skills and prepare for life or on a global level where they are helping people be safe in their own homes, the Air Force trains, prepares, and puts you into action in being the best you can be.

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more