U.S. Air Force

7.9K reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Senior Financial Management (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Promotion
Cons: People gossip to much and spread rumors.
Each day is challenging and a learning environment with lots of different training , mentoring, OJT and classroom instructions available upon demand.
A place of hertiage
Network Infrastructure Supervisor (Current Employee), Moody AFB, GAJuly 25, 2015
Being a person that enjoys the company of his coworkers, one aspect of the military that I have enjoyed the most was the comradery. With the exception of a few bad eggs, majority of the people that I've worked with were respectable and hard working.
Loved serving my country
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Various LocationsJuly 24, 2015
I loved every minute of my eight year active duty time. I loved wearing my uniform and I loved the military family that I discovered.
USAF
Crew Chief (Current Employee), McGuire Air Force BaseJuly 24, 2015
Work for the United States Air Force was both effective and efficient in changing my lifestyle. I can now enter the work force knowing that I have to tools to succeed in any work environment.
Was once a good career, management is now failing
Trainee (Former Employee), Lackland, TexasJuly 24, 2015
The United States Air Force was once a great opportunity to make a career and have solid benefits and receive great education. Now however, management is getting worse and worse and many people do not re-enlist because of their superiors giving them too large of a work load.
Eh.
Network Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDJuly 24, 2015
I would highly recommend you seek employment else where. There is the great job security and perks but they come at a high cost. Sometimes your life.
The foundation for my Aviation Career
Inventory Management Specialist (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 24, 2015
The day to day lessons learned both personally and professionally cannot be put into words. From maintaining aircraft, to packing up for wartime scenarios, to the real deal, my 9 years in the Air Force changed my life. Would there be things that I would change about my time serving, yes, but one thing remains constant - I would proudly serve again.
Structured and Organized Work Place
TCC Operator/Package Debriefer/MHT Tech (Former Employee), Malmstrom AFB, MTJuly 24, 2015
The Air Force gave me an understanding of discipline and organization to build my life around. It was a positive place to work and a great learning environment.
Great Work Place
Molecular Bioeffects Intern (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 24, 2015
The 711 HPW directorate of the Air Force Research Laboratory is a great place to work and give a lot of opportunity to experience different research that goes on in the Air Force.
Outstanding Organization
REGIONAL OPERATIONS MANAGER / TRAINING MANAGER (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Paid training and continual professional development
Cons: Challenging work/life balance
The Air Force provided a 19 year old kid an opportunity to learn a valuable skill as an electronics technician. All training was provided and college accredited. Twenty-four years later, I have had the opportunity to pay it forward by investing my time and experience into the lives and development of numerous other including subordinates, co-workers, students, supervisors, and friends.
best place on earth
Utilities Civil Engineer (Former Employee), Eglin Village, FLJuly 24, 2015
Pros: meet new people
Cons: wake up early
great camaraderie, great benefits, great experience, great teamwork
travel to the desert, great discounts, special treatment, board flights first.
Excellent opportunities with excellent benefits
Military (Current Employee), Glendale Luke AFB, AZJuly 23, 2015
Pros: benefits, people
Cons: frequent relocations
If you strive to be more than just a person working from 9 to 5 this the job for you. Serve the United States while learning new skills that transfer to the civilian word. education, medical, 30 day vacation, etc. All good benefits with a retirement at 20 years.
Proud to protect the United States of America
Security Forces Journeyman (3P051) (Former Employee), Elmendorf AFB, AlaskaJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Medical/Dental Coverage, Family oriented, Safety
Cons: Deployments, PCS
Served in the United States Air Force as a Non-commissioned officer. The USAF ensured its airmen were protected with medical and dental coverage. The USAF enforced safety rules and regulations for all airmen. They treated everyone with respect with an equal opportunity for career progression.
Service
Cyber Systems Operations (Former Employee), USJuly 23, 2015
It has been an honor to serve in the United States Military. I personally feel like every American should have to serve a minimum of 4 years in the military.
Great experience
Personnelist - Customer Service (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 23, 2015
Military is the best experience I have ever had. Typical day has many ups and downs. Most of the days you hurry up and wait. Some days no matter how much you want to talk back you cannot. You learn order and respect.
Air Force Medic
Medical Technician (Former Employee), Keesler AFB, MSJuly 23, 2015
Personal growth and development, fun working environment with many benefits. The United States Air Force sets you up for success.
A great way for starting careers
MISSILE PROCEDURE TRAINER MAINTAINER (Former Employee), Minot AFB, NDJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits, you are taken care of completely
Cons: Not free to speak or critize any superior
Military atmosphere, would recommend to anyone as it will set your work ethics for the rest of your life, as you are not an individual but a team.
Perficient Plus and Minuses
Project Manager (Former Employee), Roswell, GAJuly 23, 2015
Wasn't there long after the merger of Perficient and Northridge. Management could use some improvement, but the people were hard workers and knowledgable.
Get out and see the world
Specialty Aircraft Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee), TexasJuly 23, 2015
I retired from the USAF. It taught me how to be a leader in a diverse work environment. There is always room for advancement and more responsibilities the longer you stay and the more rank you earn.
Very diverse and full of oppurtunities to advance and grow in any field of work.
Postal Clerk/Information Manager (Current Employee), Aviano AB, ItalyJuly 23, 2015
Taught me to be more organized and to be a more quick and efficient worker. Everyone was very easy to get along with and work with.
Headquarters