U.S. Air Force
6,555 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Work hard and play hard
Cyberspace Weapons System Manager (Former Employee), Peterson AFB, COJanuary 18, 2015
A great opportunity! I miss it every day. To be a part of a team is awesome!
It is the number 1 Air Force in the worrld
Education and Training Program Manager (Current Employee), Goldsboro NCJanuary 17, 2015
Our mission? Fly, fight and win. How do we do it? By combining the best and the brightest with superior training and cutting-edge technology. Find out if there's a place for you in the United States Air Force.
Great job
Inventory Management Specialist (Former Employee), Fairchild AFB, Spokane, WashingtonJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: security, great benefits, travel
Cons: family separation
I got to serve my country in the Air Force for 20 yrs in different parts of the world and the United States. The military offers great benefits and opportunities for advancement. I learned a trade that I was able to apply when I got out of the military.
Great learning opportunity and work environment
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Vandenberg AFB, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: great work environment, friendly
Cons: fast paced
A typical day involved speaking to customers that came into the office or called/email. Typically clerical work including filing, faxing, emailing, etc. I learned how to distinguish among military ranks from different branches, as well as how to carry myself. Management was very understanding and welcoming. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know so many people and being able to attend military ceremonies.
Military isn't for Everyone.
Airman (Former Employee), AnywhereJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: amazing government benefits, keeps you in shape
Typical day started VERY early at 5, sometimes 4 AM with a brief Workout and Physical Training. afterwords, Breakfast, Class or if you did not have class you sat in a Commons room waiting for Orders to Details around the Base.

I learned General Leadership qualities and Military Discipline

Hardest part of the job, Maintaining Fitness standards and Studying in the little free time you have.

Most enjoyable part of the job, the many Friends you make in your flights and work
Air Force Career
Client Support Administrator (Former Employee), Moody Air Force Base, GAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: all the friendships i made during my time in the air force
Cons: sometimes it required after hours, or vpn into the network from home to fix an issue.
I loved the Air Force! I loved my jobs as a Client Support Administrator, Client Support Administrator Instructor, Webpage Administrator/designer, Air Force Portal Administrator for all of ACC!! Because I did the Portal we were the first installation that got our Portal up and running!! So, the administrator for the Portal up at ACC gave me rights for all of ACC and made me the contact for all and any issues any Portal administrator had across all of ACC!! I was also the administrator in charge of designing and setting up the Microsoft Share Point for Moody AFB! I even enjoyed when I was part of the Security Forces during the first Gulf War! And even when I was put in charge of the security of the processing line during deployments and exercises. I loved being the briefer for the intel information just before the troops got on the planes.

Shortly before I retired I was the Lead Client Support Administrator on the installation. I was in charge of consolidating all the Client Support Administrators up under the Communications Squadron. I was the CSA that all the others on base would come to when they couldn't figure out an issue. I was the one that figured them out.

I have so many fond memories of the Air Force and many of them come from my last few years when I was working at the 23 Services Squadron and 23 Communications Squadron!

Then, the last 10 months or so I worked to design a CSA Quality Assurance Program from the ground up. No other base in ACC had done this and the program got adopted ACC wide!
U.S. Air Force
Cyber System Operations (Former Employee), Hickam AFB, HIJanuary 17, 2015
It was a great honor to serve my country in the world's Greatest Air Force. I was lucky enough for my first duty station to be in Hawaii and I loved the opportunity to work at the Network Operations Squadron. I learned so much from working there and my training and on the job experience was nothing short of great. I now am wanting to take my experience and training to the civilian work force and contribute to wherever my next step in my career will take me.
Some of my best times that I care to remember
Security Specialist (Former Employee), Alamogordo NMJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good pay and benifits. job security
Cons: long hours, digging fox hole, nomal stuff
Working with people from all walks of life and learning how to pull together as a team to accomplish a common goal. management is hardcore but fair. Your coworker will become like family. The hardest part of the job is taking on what at the time seams to be impossible to accomplish. The most enjoyable part is looking back at the places you see first hand, the thing as a team you have accomplished and the friend you made.
Serve your country, see the world, meet new people.
C-17A Loadmaster Supervisor (Current Employee), McChord AFB, WAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: having other people tell you what to do and where to be constantly
I enjoyed being in the Air Force for 11 years, the people I've met and places I've been are too numerous to list. What I really enjoyed about the job was the travel, and how people would often thank me for my service. That really made me feel like what I did mattered to someone.

What a I didn't enjoy was a lot of the "Hurry up and wait" mentality of the people I worked with. You have a full days work done by the afternoon and your boss or immediate supervisor would insist that you stay at work until the end of the duty day so we would always end up cleaning the office, or continuously updating your email hoping for something new.
Best job I've ever had.
Chief, Space Exercise Branch (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 16, 2015
Very demanding but extremely rewarding job. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other space professionals and ensuring that the mission gets done.
excellant
Flight line Aircraft Technician (Former Employee), floridaJanuary 16, 2015
best 20 years of my life, excellent training, job locations. opportunity to travel
great working environment
Logistics Technician (Former Employee), Sumter, SCJanuary 16, 2015
Great place to learn and to lead. Great supervisors and helpful when it comes to education.
Air Force
Senior enlisted leader (Former Employee), GlobalJanuary 16, 2015
The best of the services in my opinion. Many of the personnel from other branches would come to the Air Force dining hall because of the better food and atmosphere.
Great Chain of Command
ACCESS CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: schedule changes
Cons: not enough hours
My experience with the Air Force was a tremendous breath of fresh air as work didn't seem like work but more like an experience. I always knew my schedule and location of employment weeks in advance. The only downside was one particular employee who was more like scrooge at Christmas but other than that, a great work place.
The military life
Security Forces Journeyman (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCJanuary 16, 2015
Its the military there is nothing else I would want to say about this at this time. This is a 20 year investment that I have currently served 5
USAF is a work friendly environment to be with decent pay and great benefits.
Med Tech (Former Employee), PAFBJanuary 16, 2015
USAF is a work friendly environment to be with decent pay and great benefits.
Great first job
Critical Care Nurse (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: plenty of overtime
Cons: nothing
Gained a lot of ICU experience being a new grad. Love the teaching hospital aspect. Facility was always changing for the better. Great leadership.
Life in the USAF
SF Member (Former Employee), Cannon AFB, NMJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: medical and dental for family
Cons: stressful and hard on families
- work hours are can be out of control depending on the job you have.
- some management can be hard to handle and difficult to deal with but at times they can be reasonable.
- medical and dental care is great.
- additional pay and compensation for special duties and assignments
What I learned
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Indian Springs, NVJanuary 15, 2015
Overall was a good experience. The Air Force has helped me grow as a person.
Enjoyed every minute of my 28 year career for my family and our nation.
Human Resources & Personnel Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: travel, family, friends, medical, dental and overall job satifaction.
Cons: loved every minute of it.
Overall, I am grateful of my service for the past 28 years. The AF was a great career for me and my family. If I could do it again, I would.

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more