U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Aerospace Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 13, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Great people to work with. Management is good and is willing to back its workers decisions. Management will only get involved when needed. Work your hours, get your work done on time and people will leave you alone.
Fast pace
Command Paralegal Manager, Chief Master Sergeant (Former Employee) –  VariousNovember 13, 2017
This is definitely an equal opportunity career. You are paid at the same rate as your counterparts so there was no need to compare ones self with others. You have unlimited opportunity to travel and learn as you work.

The airmen are your family and you make friends all over the world. Cultural adaptation is a large part of being in a military family which can develop into lifelong friendships.
Pros
Good education, camaderie, abiltiy to meet ones career goals
Cons
Deployment
My job was amazing
Manager, Maintenance Instruction (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 13, 2017
Working with people who new their jobs has its benefits. Teaching was very rewarding during my last four years. Working on ICBM's was not your everyday job, getting to work in silos on a nuclear missile/weapon was beyond words.
Pros
the job
Cons
the hours(sometimes)
depends on your job
Nuclear Assets Reporting Section Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kirtland AFB, NMNovember 13, 2017
the Air Force encompass a lot of jobs so it depends what job you have. but the benefits is the may driving force for joining. so if you thinking about joining make sure you enjoy your job.
over all not so good
Low Observable Structural Technician (Current Employee) –  Langley AFB, VANovember 13, 2017
if you hate the family life and only want to go home to sleep then its perfect. we work a lot and with the new kids and i mean kids that have came in that cry about everything it makes it a lot harder
Pros
not a lot
Cons
no family time
Awesome experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2017
Air Force allowed me to travel the world. ive learned how to manage and be managed. Was able to provide supervisory and experience to the fellow Airman.
New Life
Military Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2017
Just jump in its not for everyone. travel if you have the right job. meet new people and you can always find something to do. well depending on the base you're stationed at
Good Career
Assistant Shop Lead (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LANovember 13, 2017
Good job skills, good career. Good travel opportunity with great education benefits. Definitely a great place to start your life, and spring board into other things in life.
The US Air Force was a fantastic career.
Health Care Admin. Manager (Former Employee) –  Minot, ND, Azores Portugal, March AFBNovember 13, 2017
I was in the US Air Force for a little over 7 years. I loved my job and would have made it a career. I became ill and was medically discharged. I highly recommend the Air Force, especially for any young person that would love to see the world.
Great place to work and Serve your Country
Assistant Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Terceria Island Azores PortugalNovember 13, 2017
Enlisted at age 18 served for 20 years. It was a great place to work and develop life long relationships and goals. Travel all over the world and was key to my career in the Power Generation Field.
Pros
See the world and develop working skills
Cons
Deployment were not always fun
ds
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Anchorage AKNovember 13, 2017
A typical work day
what you learned
management
workplace culture
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
do not include confidential company information.
Great Experience
Electrical \Environmental \Avionics Systems (Former Employee) –  Multiple LocationsNovember 12, 2017
Loved every minute until medical retirement would have definitely retired the normal air force way. Still very much involved though and enjoy every minute.
Snco usaf
Section Chief (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CANovember 12, 2017
In the times that we live in now, recommending the Air Force is difficult. They are plagued with doing more and more with less and less. All of the manning shortages make it hard to balance daily work life and having a family.
Great Career
ATC 1C1X1 (Former Employee) –  Columbus AFB, MSNovember 12, 2017
I wish I would have stayed in the Air Force and made it as a career. For those of you who are not sure; make it as a career. You are young enough at the age of 40 to retire from the military and then have another career and double dip on retirement and pay.
amazing
Basic airman (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 12, 2017
Not for every one but, certainly the best branch for the intellectual. don't join unprepared. be ready for a challenge and certainly give it your best.
Great Job, Bad Job Environment
Communication Signals Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 12, 2017
The job I had was enjoyable but the divide between administration and operation crews created undue stress on the Airmen in my section. Long work hours.
Pros
Job Security, Sense of Accomplishment/Importance, Great Benefits
Cons
Long Work Hours, Stressful/Conflicting Administration
Highly Productive
Force Support Squadron Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NENovember 12, 2017
Very Challenging and rewarding work environment. Highly motivated team members with superb leadership and training opportunities. Excellent benefits and pay.
Benefits
Cons
Away from family
Atc
Control Tower Operator (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VANovember 12, 2017
Good stepping stone if you want to go to the FAA. The hours are good and you typically have weekends off. I enjoyed my time in the Air Force. Just make sure you know this is what you want to do.
Good Starting Point
Aircraft Armament Systems Journeyman (Former Employee) –  GlobalNovember 12, 2017
The Air Force is great for gaining work experience and guidance for young people who don't know "what they want to do when they grow up" but Its also different for everyone there are so many different jobs and leadership styles.
Pros
Teaches work ethic and attention to detail, Job Security
Cons
Can be Cut throat, Not all leaders are good, Hours can be very long
n/a
Program Manager/Inspection Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MANovember 12, 2017
to write the truth may cost the miserable unsatisfying existence I have thrusting me into poverty or homelessness, you vile forcing dictator of a computer program. How dare you. You don't make things better -you make them worse.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4