U.S. Air Force
7,619 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

USAF
Independent Duty Medical Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas NVJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great Mission
Cons: Long hours
I spent 23 years in the Air Force. It was a great experience that I would do all over again. My job was unique, I was able to work with the line side and mobile units. I was not stuck in a hospital.
Great place to work for team players
HR Administrator / Trainer / Coordinator (Former Employee), United States & worldJune 18, 2015
Pros: PTO Time, Travel, and Team Building
Cons: Mass data dump. Hundreds of emails and taskings
Organization is top notch. People come to work with sense of pride.

Ex poser to various cultures and foods. You know what's expected

of you each and every day. You're given a road map and let go.
Americas Air Force
HVAC/ Technician (Journeyman) (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAJune 18, 2015
The very best military. I enjoyed my short tenure with the military. Working and learning new management skills and people skills. Skills that go above and beyond the call of duty was great
A place where one can grow to adulthood.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 17, 2015
Pros: Adventure
Cons: Can't think of even one.
The best job anyone can have.
I would do it again and again.
Hey, I could have done a whole lot worse.
What else can I say about the United States Air Force.
It was probably the best decision I could have made for
myself. Poor inner city kid from New York City.
All the wonderful countries I got to live in.
All the beautiful places I got to visit and see.
And after 21 years of it, a decent retirement check for the
rest of my life. Like I said, I could have done a whole lot worse.
Couldn't have chosen a better career path
Enlisted (Former Employee), PersonnelJune 17, 2015
Enjoyed the overseas experience. Great management and supervisors for most of my career. Made lasting friendships. Great career choice. Excellent benefits!
Great
Information System Security Manager (Current Employee), Hampton, VAJune 17, 2015
Great to get a technical background and the experience and education while you serve your country. if you love to travel this is the job for you
Air Force
Staff Sergeant E-5 (Former Employee), Barksdale AFB LAJune 17, 2015
Air Force was a great company to work for. Taught me many technical skills. I have discipline and I have never been late in my 12 years of service. I have several skills that will benefit other companies.
It's the military
Munitions Crewmember (Former Employee), Clovis, NMJune 16, 2015
It's one of the best, worst, difficult, and fun experiences of your life. I would suggest it to anyone who is looking for a challenge and to travel.
Assignments can be fun but lots of overhead
Flight Commander/Communications Research Engineer (Former Employee), National Capitol RegionJune 16, 2015
Pros: Pay/Benefits
Cons: Lots of moving, Deployments
The Air Force can be a great place to work but there is a certain way of life and idiosyncrasies that go with it that may not be for everyone.
love it
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJune 16, 2015
I love the USAF because I love traveling and what better way to travel for free. Great experience also to teach core values, morals, and new things. You get see new places and cultures
Hardworking and fast-paced distribution environment
Cargo & Freight Agent (Former Employee), Charleston Air Force Base, SCJune 16, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Travel, Comradery, Training
Cons: Deployments, Family separation
A typical day as a Cargo & Freight Agent in the Air Force was never the same. It was a constant learning environment and I received exceptional training in transportation and logistics throughout my 6 year career. What I most liked about the job was the comradery and brotherhood between everybody. We all worked together to accomplish every task that was thrown at us. Through my experience I developed a passion for logistics and what it takes to successfully move freight and personnel to various locations all around the world. Everyday I felt accomplished knowing that the work I was doing had such an impact globally. As someone who has worked in transportation and logistics with 6 years of experience, I know my diverse skills and qualifications will make me an important asset to any team.
can be a great place
United States Air Force- Ceremonial Guardsman (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 16, 2015
My life was so good in the Air Force. I had tons of opportunities to move up and to improve myself and my future here. Can be a little rough at times just depending on the job you choose.
Nothing can stop the U.S. Air Force
Unit Training Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 16, 2015
The air Force has taught me to be a better person and to accept responsibility, as well as having the upmost integrity, perform anything with excellence and to put any service before myself. I would recommend anyone that wants to become a better person as well as fulfilling a duty to their country, do not hesitate to join the U.S. Air Force.
great sense of accomplishment
Cyber Transport Systems Journeyman (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJune 16, 2015
time in the military gives a great sense of accomplishment. long hours and stressful days but you know you are making a difference in the world.
Great stepping stone and growth in all aspects of life.
Security Forces (Current Employee), Germany, MarylandJune 16, 2015
A great place to work, travel and learn. There are so many opportunities and doors that open up for you. Worth the time to serve.
Excellent life experience
Intelligence Analyst Journeyman (Former Employee), Mountain Home, IDJune 16, 2015
I learned how to adapt and overcome just about any obstacle. At the age of 20 I was setting standards for the entire Air Combat Command. Hardest part of the job was not being able to tell anyone what I do and being gone for months on end.
Communications Navigations Specialist
Communication/Navigation Specialist/ (Former Employee), Barkdsdale AFB, LAJune 15, 2015
• Responsible for the supervision and training of all squadron communication and navigation system personnel.
• Troubleshot and repaired system malfunctions on the B-52H communication and navigation systems.
• Installed, removed, inspected and calibrated various system components for optimum performance.
Professional workplace
C130 Maintenance Crew Chief (Former Employee), Little Rock AFB, ARJune 15, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Schooling, Free housing, Ability to move up.
Cons: None
A day in the life as an Air Force C130 Maintainer started with getting tools from CTK and seeing what jobs needed to be done or check to see if any inspections were still open , at roll call in the begining of our day sections chiefs and supervision would tell us what needed to be worked on and what was important that week. the things ive learned variey from biohazard and cpr certifications and training – more... to wheel pressure and cable inspection certifications, i learned to keep a safe and professional work enviroment and to police the areas for lost tools once the work is complete. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the updated Technical Orders and seeing the new ways a job needed to be completed. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the satisfaction of knowing that i am helping with the mission by repairing these aircraft and getting up in the air again. – less
Low pay, good training
Communications Computer Systems Operator (Former Employee), Brooks AFB, TXJune 15, 2015
Extremely difficult in the beginning, but becomes more like an every day job over time. Great training and benefits are weighed against low pay and a loss of control over your station assignment.
Proud to serve
C-130 engine mechanic (Former Employee), Abilene, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: Serving the country, getting job skills via hands on training
I was an engine mechanic for the Air Force. I loved it! I worked on the manuals and the engines. There was always something to do. I learned that a female in a male dominant field is hard but rewarding. The hardest part was "proving" I was worthy to work with the guys. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I was serving my country and making things happen worldwide.

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries