U.S. Air Force
6,149 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Budget
Resource Manager (Current Employee), Pope Army Airfield Fort Bragg, NCNovember 16, 2014
I work closely with the budget for our organization ensuring adequate funds to compete our daily operations.
Excellent work structure
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 16, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: being away from family for long periods at a time.
Now, that I am no longer serving in the US Air Force, I have been able to reflect and evaluate the level of leadership. Some companies today will be able to strive towards their missions more effective if leadership was developed in a similar manner.
Excellent career path.
Emergency Action Controller (Former Employee), Biloxi,MSNovember 16, 2014
There is nothing better than serving our country. Americans with no career path should serve.
maintenance and repair
Aerospace Ground Equipment Technician (Former Employee), little rock AFBNovember 15, 2014
repair and maintain AC,s heaters, hydraulic units,and power plants
Dead End Job for Enlisted
Instructor Sensor Operator/Unit Superintendent (Former Employee), Cannon AFB, NMNovember 15, 2014
This job is going away dye to Officer taking over this position in new aircraft.
Provides ample opportunity for growth
Mandatory DEP commander calls of service (Current Employee), Charlotte ncNovember 14, 2014
NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA
Great Company
Senior Enlisted Aide/ Master Sargent (Former Employee), Pentagon, Washington, DCNovember 14, 2014
Every day was an amazing opportunity to learn and to grow. Loved every day of it.
Educational, life-broadening.
Master Sergeant, Superintendent (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 14, 2014
Pros: plenty of leave, time off.
Cons: long hours, deployment.
Air Force (or Military in general) is not for every one. I had an enriching, educational, and life-changing time with the Air Force. Had some wonderful managers and mentors and not so wonderful. Met and worked with many interesting people.
A productive and proud career I held in serving my country.
Pest Management Apprentice (Former Employee), Whiteman AFB, MissouriNovember 14, 2014
The day usually started with P.T. around 4am. after that we were relased to our shops, where we carried out pesticide operations for over 12,000 base facilities, including spraying the flight line, laying traps, and sometimes performing maintenance to get at insect nests. The job was very difficult and demanding, but it gave me a sens eof fulfillment – more... I've never had in any job before. – less
It is not about the pay, it is about the work.
Inspector General Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), March AFB, CANovember 14, 2014
Pros: great leadership and flexibility, great experience and program.
Cons: not very good equipment or funding, under staffed, no room for contract negotiations.
This job could have easily been just answering phone calls and making some spread sheets or reports.

I found a great deal of interest with the data we were collecting and even picked a second degree in Software Engineering in the midst of the contract.

We analyzed inspection information gathered by Airmen to make for a more efficient and effective – more... Air Force, creating business intelligent programs from databases and created data visualization for Air Force commanders to make more accurate real time decisions with real time data.

The hardest part was taking on the challenge of learning programming languages to accomplish all the things we wanted to do in this contract, learning from scratch, no formal training, I gained a lot of aptitude for computer programming and multiple languages from this experience.

I have had the opportunity to take my experience to other units around southern California and train programs from the ground up as well. – less
Rewarding job with a great team
F-16/F-117 Avionics Specialist (Former Employee), Holloman AFBNovember 14, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: long hours
Work is rewarding but hard. Enjoyed working with a dedicated team all focused on the same goal. Expect to make a few lifelong friends and a ton of experience.
Its an Excellent job if you want to serve your country. America!
Air Transportation Journeyman (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCNovember 14, 2014
Sending soldiers and cargo to the war over seas and being proud of it. Of course deployments come with the job too.
builds leadership qualities
Airman (Current Employee), McGuire AFBNovember 14, 2014
Love serving my country. Not the most enjoyable job but worth the benefits.
Great way to serve your country
retired at the rank of Master Sergeant (Former Employee), Dover AFB, DENovember 14, 2014
Work side by side with personnel with the same mission goals.
Learned a lot about aircraft maintenance and operations.
Was part of a great leadership team.
Great co-workers with same values.
Hardest part about job was leaving family for long periods.
Most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
long hours around good people
SSgt RC-135 Crew Chief (Former Employee), offutt afbNovember 14, 2014
Pros: vaction time, med bennifets, school benifets, seeing the would
Cons: long hours, little appreciation, military life style( away from family alot)
On a typical day you would come into work about 30 minutes early. I would see what is going on so you could check out the tools that u needed. Seeing that I was on the second shift we did the most hands on work. Typical we would recover and repair 2 to 5 aircraft per shift while also preparing 2 to 3 to fly that night. Repairs include tire changes, – more... engine changes, servicing, inspections, brake changes, truck changes, identifying fuel leaks, etc. While we did a lot of repairs on the aircraft after flight we also did a lot of preflight checks. This is where we would inspect the aircraft to insure it was able to fly without incident. As SSgt I was in charge of the overall condition of the aircraft. Usually I would lead a team of 2 to 8 on daily tasks. I was the first line of quality insurance. I was the one that would check behind the lower ranked airman to insure the job was done properly and safely. I had what the Air Force called my 7 LVL. This meant I was one of the few that was certified to sign off jobs that would otherwise ground the aircraft. 90% of the days that I worked we were outside in the elements. I enjoyed my time with the air force. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be when I was deployed. You realized what your job really meant. Seeing that the jets I worked on were "spy" jets and would give information that would save lives of man and women down range gave me a great sense of pride. It was like every other job when it came to co-workers. There were some that you got along with and others that you had to watch and give instruction to so they would work efficiently. When it came to management the work moral was low but it didn’t stop us from completing the mission. For the most part I would say that the leadership was efficient. I can’t really say anything else then that about the leadership. I think that the hardest part of the job was going home at the end of the night. I liked doing it so much that I would stay behind working extra just to get my jet to look better than all the others. I also enjoyed training new airman in the ways of aircraft maintaince. Doing this gave me the most satisfaction. To see an airman that you molded come from knowing nothing to being the go to guy for knowledge on a system is satisfaction. It gave me a great since of pride. I’ve learned with this job that no matter your background you could complete a common goal. Watching people putting aside my differences and working together was something inspiring to watch. – less
Good Job
Network Maintenance Technician (3D1x2) (Former Employee), Hill AFB, UTNovember 14, 2014
Pros: good place to get a start at a career
Cons: deployments
I found the Air Force a good Job, however if your just kind of floating up the chain of command it gets kind of boring. There are plenty opportunity to gain experience here for beginners.
A great career
Aviation Resource Manager (Former Employee), March Air Reserve Base, CANovember 14, 2014
Pros: the family atmosphere
Cons: deployments
A typical day consisted of dealing with people from various agencies. I worked daily to ensure that all requirements were met and all standards were followed. Having established relationships with all involved from my commanders on to various agencies were a must to be successful in what I needed to do. Having a vast understanding of the numerous Federal – more... regulations was also a must – less
exciting
Security Forces Response Force Member (Former Employee), Minot AFB, NDNovember 13, 2014
fun. it provided me with a lot of skills and leadership qualities
Great experience
Environmental Control Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ArkansasNovember 13, 2014
My military experience helped me grow and develop as a person.
The best job I ever had
Fuels Specialist (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKNovember 13, 2014
Pros: serving my country
Cons: being away from family for months at a time
Maintain bulk fuel facilitys, service aircraft, maintain security and any thing considered mission essential

Learned how to transfer fuel from tankers to abover ground tanks, service aircraft and maintain mission essential orders

Great management--Just follow orders

Best group of people I ever worked with

Working up to 18 hour shifts & being in – more... foreign countrys and away from family for up to 6 months at a time

Serving my country and the world's greatest Air Force – less

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more