U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Highly Productive
Force Support Squadron Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NENovember 12, 2017
Very Challenging and rewarding work environment. Highly motivated team members with superb leadership and training opportunities. Excellent benefits and pay.
Benefits
Cons
Away from family
Atc
Control Tower Operator (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VANovember 12, 2017
Good stepping stone if you want to go to the FAA. The hours are good and you typically have weekends off. I enjoyed my time in the Air Force. Just make sure you know this is what you want to do.
Good Starting Point
Aircraft Armament Systems Journeyman (Former Employee) –  GlobalNovember 12, 2017
The Air Force is great for gaining work experience and guidance for young people who don't know "what they want to do when they grow up" but Its also different for everyone there are so many different jobs and leadership styles.
Pros
Teaches work ethic and attention to detail, Job Security
Cons
Can be Cut throat, Not all leaders are good, Hours can be very long
n/a
Program Manager/Inspection Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MANovember 12, 2017
to write the truth may cost the miserable unsatisfying existence I have thrusting me into poverty or homelessness, you vile forcing dictator of a computer program. How dare you. You don't make things better -you make them worse.
Great Atmosphere
Pavements and Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARNovember 12, 2017
You meet a lot of great people and do a lot of great things. Get to experience many different things that some people wouldn't get to do. You also have great leadership.
The Air Force was a good job.
Airman First Class (Former Employee) –  Illiopolis, IL, and CaliforniaNovember 11, 2017
I learned a lot being in the Air Force. It was a great experience for me. It taught me a lot about following orders and obeying commands.
I learned a lot about life in the Air Force.
Pros
Great job
Off you go
Security Force Member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 11, 2017
Military is definitely for single people. Once you are married, it's a whole new ball game. Fellow airmen will hunt your wife while you are deployed. Fellow airmen will call your wife and tell them stories about you and also call you and tell you stories about your wife so they can enjoy the sideshow. It sucked! Unit command couldn't care less unless it directly affected them.
Pros
Good Pay, travel etc
Cons
Unit was cannibalistic and sadistic
It is the Military
Air traffic controller (Current Employee) –  Glendale Luke AFB, AZNovember 11, 2017
It is the job that you signed up for. There is no surprise as to what is expected of you when you go to work. Typically, a day at work for an Air Traffic Controller consists of arriving to work in uniform to receive a conditions brief regarding weather, runway, airfield, airspace,etc. A controller will work in position (actively talking to pilots/giving direction) for 2 hours with 30 minutes of break time in between positions. There are multiple position certifications required to work in a Radar Approach Control facility and multiple years of training to accomplish.
Aim High
Lead Production Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LANovember 11, 2017
Served 25 years within the Air Force as a Missile Maintainer. Initially entered with intention of serving only one enlistment. The people I encountered and worked with on a daily basis changed my life for the better. Best decision I ever made in my life was the day I raised my right hand and swore an oath to defend the country.
Pros
People
Aim High
NCOIC Graund Radar Systems (Former Employee) –  Cannon AFB, NMNovember 11, 2017
I spent 21 years in the Air Force. It was a great opportunity for education, travel and leadership experience. When I retired, I was hired the day I was eligible for employment!
Overall great place.
Heavy Equipment Operator And Laborer (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLNovember 11, 2017
During downtime depending on your job in the Air Force, it can get a little busy. When having a project or a deployment you keep busy every day though.
it was ok
HVAC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gulfport NCBC, MSNovember 11, 2017
I went to work and stayed to myself. I really didn't get to know that much about anything. I just wanted to go to work and do my job and get home to my family.
Proud to serve
Special Tactics Operator, Combat Controller (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 11, 2017
Proud to serve in Air Force for 20 years. Best career move i coukld have ever made. Had the best job in the Air Force. Got to travel and see the world and do all kinds of cool stuff.
Interesting
Active Duty Trainee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2017
I haven't completed Basic Training but overall a great place to meet co-workers/team members that share your struggles and work together to complete task.
Serve your country
Airman (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 11, 2017
I worked on aircraft for the air force, best job I ever had. Got to tour the world and met the finest people I ever met. Paid for school and taught me a valuable trade going into the civilian world.
Good work environment
Security Forces Journeyman (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 11, 2017
Learned a lot of life skills in the Air Force. Helped me with discipline and work ethic. I worked long days that were stressful but in the end shaped me into the person I am today.
Fun, rewarding and challenging.
Radar Electronic Protection Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 11, 2017
The Air Force is the place to be, is a rewarding career. Different opportunities to advance, and opportunities to serve and travel. You can complain about the world or you can change it.
In the public eye
Security Forces Member (Former Employee) –  Minot Air Force Base, NDNovember 11, 2017
As a security forces member, I was always in the public eye. And you have t stay on ur best behavior. I received a lot of training that I could use on the outside but I haven't figured out how yet.
Pros
I was a cop.
Cons
Leadership changes and you get ones and horrible one.
"A great place to start"
Munitions Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLNovember 10, 2017
The Air Force was an excellent starting opportunity for a future in the workforce. I learned responsibility and respect, how to balance a checkbook and manage money.
Pros
Job knowledge and security!
Cons
Moving and being away from family!
Great Place to work if you're into fitness.
Client Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CANovember 10, 2017
I enjoyed my job and the training and benefits, however did not like the culture that some workplaces fostered. It really comes down to if your commander is an a**hole or not.
Pros
Benefits, support
Cons
uncle sam owns you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4