U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 8,483 reviews matching the search
Off we go
Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAJanuary 22, 2016
20 years, 5 months, and 4 days ago I joined the Unites States Air Force. I travelled. I learned to drink. I fell in love. I got married. I got divorced. I got married again. There were inspections, rejection, injections, and infections. There were deployments, enjoyments, enlistments, retirements, and testing, testing, AND TESTING.
And it all went by in the blink of an eye.
Pros
Too numerous to list
Cons
too few to mention
Outstanding Organization
Manager, Air Force Ground Munitions Program (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Outstanding organization that fostered an environment of teamwork, professionalism and dedication. The leaders remained involved in subordinates to maximize their potentials and ensure their success.
Challenging and Rewarding Opportunity
Air Liaison Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 22, 2016
Daily working environment is geared towards self-starters who can take baseline training and apply it to daily operations. Learned how to manage people, projects and programs, lead teams and complete the mission. My coworkers were the best teammates that I could have ever asked for, both in garrison and deployed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with weak and ineffective leaders. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving on a small team in a remote location.
Pros
Training and Advancement, Free Medical Care and No-Cost Gym and Recreatioal Facilities
Cons
Nepotism, Stabling and Poor/Weak Leadership
Never a dull day
Superintendent Load Planning Operations (Former Employee) –  Elmendorf AFB, AKJanuary 22, 2016
20 years with the Air Force in the logistics career field. There is no typical day. You could be loading and unloading large cargo aircraft, load planning the next group of aircraft, handling hazardous cargo, US mail etc..; all while working with the best co-workers and supervisors from any location in the United States or overseas.
Pros
Travel. Exciting work
Cons
See the world while learning many different Skills
Contracting Officer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 21, 2016
The U.S. military allows the chance for people to broaden their horizons both with learning skills and cultural experience. Move outside of your box and grow as a person. Meet many different types of people and be a part of a team doing their job to keep the country safe.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long amounts of time away from home
Logistics Manager
Lodging, Logistics, Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Nellis Air Force Base, NVJanuary 21, 2016
Maintain Lodging warehouse supply levels, order all supplies as needed and insure hazmat procedures are followed. Supervised 8 personnel, wrote annual reports, an assisted subordinates is working areas, as well an personal matters.
Pros
Worked at my own pase, great hours.
Cons
was on call 24 hours at times.
Education and World Travel
Nondestructive Inspection Technician (Former Employee) –  worldwideJanuary 21, 2016
I got to see the world while being in the United States Air Force and also attained a great skill and lots of free schooling.
Usaf
Supervisor, Fuel Facilities (Former Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVJanuary 21, 2016
I enjoyed serving my country and the support form people around the community. I had great supervisors. who guided in the right direction and help learn how to lead younger airmen.
Great
Information Systems File Monitor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 21, 2016
The military was great for me when it came to dealing with many different situations and being alone at times so fare away from home. This all made me a better person and man. The travel, the people, the jobs or duties and assignments with great locations. All of this was great.
Pros
The travel
A great learning experience
Business Readiness Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ft. Meade NSGA, MDJanuary 21, 2016
The military provided me with numerous skills to succeed in the world and future opportunities. I learned how to be a leader and help those around me.
The air force
Lead Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moody AFB, GAJanuary 20, 2016
Long hours everyday, terrible management, no trust in unit leadership. Lack of travel/bases. Lack of advancement. Education and job security are the biggest pro's.
Busy, professional environment
Aerospace Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work would start by getting the patients medical records and getting them in order according to the schedule. I would work quickly and get detailed history on the patient and details about their chief complaint with vital signs. On occasion I would get orthostatic vital signs on patients and did some IV therapy.

I also have experience in well child visits and immunizations as well as proficiency in phlebotomy.

I have always had the ability to get along easily with others and have never had any major problems with co workers.

I learned the importance of professional and positive attitude and appearance that has extended into the civilian sector.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to work with and help a variety of people.
Possibilities are almost endless
Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 20, 2016
As a production engineer I oversee the process of jet engine overhaul, maintenance and testing. I work directly with mechanics who express there difficulties in completing their job and design solutions that enable them to complete their job better. I interpret technical orders and suggests revisions if needed. Working along side other engineers I monitor trending data of engines that are tested after maintenance has been performed and analyze the performance. I work to understand the issues and problems that hinder performance and inhibit our team from producing quality jet engines.
Pros
3 hours of physical fitness every week
Cons
poor management
Best career decision for me as a young 19 yo
Education Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  MacDill AFB, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Without much direction or drive and no motivation joining the military was the best thing for me. I started off at the bottom and worked my way up, changing job three times, and going all over the work. I would suggest the Air Force to anyone who is lost in life.
Great opportunities!
Structural Craftsman NCO (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJanuary 20, 2016
was proud to serve in the United States Air Force. has awesome benefits that I really miss now that I am a civilian with room for advancement and guaranteed paycheck.
Work place diversity at its finest
Aircraft Maintenance Section Flight Chief (Former Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLJanuary 20, 2016
The U.S. Air Force (USAF) has a wide range of diversity from age to gender. The USAF offers skills to everyone that enters the military and does not descriminate on any level. Everyone that I have worked with have all come from different backgrounds and from all over the country, with some outside the country. Everyone comes together to complete the stated objectives.
Explore the world and protect the USA
Security Police Specialist (Former Employee) –  United States and Foreign CountriesJanuary 20, 2016
Enforce laws of each base that I was assigned to. Performed duties as desk sergeant and patrol officer. Guard base posts when assigned in the Republic of Vietnam. Prepare reports for work and update any regulations that were required. Most of the work at that time completed on a type writer. Worked with personnel in a strong team effort. Enjoy being stationed in various parts of the United States and Foreign Countries.
Pros
Job to look forward to each day. Proud to be a US Service member.
Very fulfilling
Aerospace propulsion craftsman (Current Employee) –  Osan, ROKJanuary 19, 2016
A very exciting and rewarding experience. A lot of good people, and amazing job experience. Ability to see some of the world was also a great experience.
The Formative Time in My Life
Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge (Former Employee) –  MacDill AFB, FLJanuary 19, 2016
The Air Force was a challenge. To work towards something bigger than yourself, the mission and to protect the country.
I learned discipline, courage, and the value of hard work and doing the right things.
The Officers and NCO's that I worked with and for are today my brothers and sisters.
The hardest part of my job at times was the long hours that were sometimes required to accomplish the mission.
The most enjoyable part was learning, being rewarded for a job well done, and the opportunity to advance.
Pros
Accomplishing the Mission
Cons
Long Hours
Excellent
Munitions Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  World WideJanuary 19, 2016
Everyday work experience was also a learning experience. Nothing was less than what you were to expect in day to day life. It is the military. management or supervisors can do with revaluations sometimes. For some may have book knowledge to fill a management/supervisor position, yet not know how to operate or work in that position. Co-worker excellent. The overall of the USAF is Excellent, Outstanding, Great.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A

4.6