U.S. Air Force

8.1K reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

US Airforce
Customer Service (Former Employee), MacDill AFB, FLAugust 19, 2015
I have learned many core values in the Air Force as well as life lessons. I have learned some skills about talking to people and working well with others
Very productive and hands on job
Security Forces Member (Former Employee), Mcdill AFB Tampa FlAugust 18, 2015
Pros: good pay as well as benefits
Cons: very demanding and no room for personal life
I was a Base Defense Operations Controller and handled emergency phone calls as well as emergency situations. I learned how to handle multiple high risk situations at the same time. My co-workers enjoyed working with me due to my work ethics and dedication. The hardest part of the job was having to constantly change and adapt to situations with in seconds but was never something I could not handle. The most enjoyable part of this job being able to help people and make a difference in people's lives.
Great choice for steady employment and great benefits!
Air Reserve Technician (Current Employee), Wrightstown, NJAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Team-oriented, great benefits.
My time in the Air Force taught me how to be responsible and dependable as a worker. I learned the importance of teamwork during this time and that has been a benefit to me ever since.
Great team environment and learning environment.
Space Command Cable Manager (Former Employee), Peterson AFB, COAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Ability in influence a team to meet mission requirements
Cons: Travel
Great problem solving experience. Ability to work as a close team to achieve mission results that were long lasting was very satisfying. Ability to work with senior officers was enjoyable. Great learning environment, on how government budgets work to contract selections.
Maintenance Scheduling Specialist
Maintenance Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee), U.S.A.F.August 18, 2015
Pros: Excellent work environment
Cons: leaving to early
I loved being in the military. The discipline and functions of everyday life was rewarding and fulfilling. Traveling to new areas and meeting new veterans was truly a pleasure.
Great organization to be a part of...
Contracting Officer/Team Leader (Current Employee), Schriever AFB, COAugust 17, 2015
It's a great organization and mission. Deployments and instability are the only downfalls. The benefits are great and the support of Airman across the nation is great.
Military
Cyber Transport Technician (Current Employee), NJAugust 17, 2015
Great, organized and highly efficient. Offered many benefits well worth the time and effort. Hard work pays off. Would highly recommend.
Great opportunities and travel.
Commander, Executive Officer (Former Employee), Davis-Monthan AFB, AZAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Government
Cons: Government
Wonderful career. Traveled extensively and met some great people that are lifetime friends and associates. It was a unique opportunity that was probably not possible else where.
Do what you are told
Journeyman E-4 (Former Employee), Dover AFB, DEAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Meet great people
Cons: limited family/school time
The management can be a mix bag. either Great leadership or poor work ethics from supervisors. The work day can be 12 hours of labor or 12 hours of cleaning and boredom. The most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing missions and feeling of good service to the United States.
Fast Paced
Aircraft Engine Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: away from family
Great work environment with good team work. Its a fast paced environment with new challenges everyday. Great structure and great opportunities to travel.
A typical work day
Engine Management Production (Former Employee), Misawa AFB and Minot AFBAugust 16, 2015
Everyone work together in a good environment to get everything done correctly and as fast as possible. everyone knew they could trust each other which help with keep the environment in a positive manner. No one hated come to work and when it had been a stressful time everyone would get together to help them relax.
Amazing place to work
Human Performance Lab (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 16, 2015
There are always lots of things going on here. Research studies on new things or exercise testing on athletes to improve their performance.
Information Technology Asset Management (ITAM)
Information Technology Asset Management (ITAM) (Current Employee), Fairchil AFBAugust 16, 2015
Controls the automated data processing equipment and personal wireless communication systems programs.
• Develops and implements procedures for the issuing and tracking of IT assets base wide to oversee quality assurance throughout their lifecycles.
• Directed two man team in replacing aging IT equipment and communications assets valued at $22M using time management and capacity planning to ensure zero vulnerabilities to the DoD Network.
• Manages the reutilization [and disposition] of government equipment by categorizing and inventorying excess and obsolete assets in a warehouse in preparation to be transported by the Defense Logistics Agency.
• Implemented excel account compliance tracker to monitor 185+ organizational equipment accounts and 370+ equipment custodians, which resulted in a 50 percent increase in accuracy of individual training and inventory for accounts.
Strong mission oriented workplace
Aircraft Area Lead Manager (Former Employee), Dyess AFBAugust 15, 2015
A typical day at work would be a 10 hour shift and would begin by showing up to work 15 minutes early. Then the flight would get briefed by supervision about what tasks need to be completed. Then continuing Aircraft maintenance for the rest of the day.
I learned a lot of key skills while employed as an Active Duty airmen. I learned how to mange time in order to increase work productivity. I learned how to manage airmen under me and ensure that they were competent in their essential job tasks.
My supervision had a very by the book mentality. There were no shortcuts when it came to getting the job done. The whole unit worked as a team to accomplish our main goal, which was to get our jet back in the air.
The most enjoyable part of this job was after working on a jet all day, was watching it take off with a payload and knowing that it was going to come back empty.
Services- Missile Chef
Services Apprentice (Former Employee), Minot AFB, NDAugust 15, 2015
Great work place with supportive management, room for professional and personal improvement. Large amount of policies and politics as is to be expected in a military.
military organization
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Ellsworth afb SDAugust 15, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: deployments
fantastic training. great structure. amazing benefits. a real team effort to accomplish the goals set in front of you. great work enviorment
Air Force, a great way of life
Chief, Airfield Management Branch (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2015
There is no other job more rewarding and satisfying than to work in the United States Air Force. The opportunities which are provided to you are only outmatched by the benefits you earn. Worldwide travel, advancement opportunities, educational benefits and unmatched training which can be transferred upon separation or retirement. Finally, the retirement plan as well as vacation time cannot be beat!
Military Life
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 14, 2015
It was the usual 9 to 5 job, most times it was more like 7am to 9pm its mainly a lot of hands on work that i personally enjoyed but the biggest conflict i had was mainly my co-workers i guess due to big downfall in morale and supervision not stepping up to end conflicts that could've resulted in physical altercations but only waited until one person had pushed it to that level so the supervisor would have a reason to yell and complain
vehicle maintance
Mechanic (Former Employee), anchorage, akAugust 14, 2015
co-workers were great. learned how to work on vehicles. had set break and lunch times. learned how to research and order vehicle parts. hardest part of job was the attitudes to women in vehicle maintenance.
New experiences through Aircraft work every day. Exciting
F-15C/D/E Flight Line Maintainer (Former Employee), Mt home AFB, Kunsan AB, Kadena ABAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Something new to learn every day
Cons: Short breaks, long hours, salary based.
My typical day at work was quite simple in terms of we knew exactly what we needed to do at all times. I learned that F-15 aircraft needed to be maintained daily properly to ensure its full potential being met. Sorties, talking to pilots, and the every day servicing of aircraft made the job exciting. Hardest part of the job would definitely be the long hours, but the satisfaction of knowing that you helped repair a war machine was amazing. My management depending on what base I was, were extremely helpful as well as demanding. Safety was preached every day and we all looked out for each other. My co workers were amazing most of them I went to technical training with. Any new base I went to I would run into old friends that I have met along the way. Most enjoyable part is that fact that I help maintain aircraft that helped keep our country as well as our allies safe.
Headquarters