U.S. Air Force
7,650 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

A great way of life
Director of Operations (Former Employee), Clemson, SCJune 19, 2015
Pros: You get to see the world
Cons: Time away from family can be difficult
The Air Force will take you farther than you ever imagined as long as you fully live by the core values of Integrity First, Service Before Self, and Excellence In All You Do.
Good experience
Communications Terminal Operator (Former Employee), Schriever AFB, COJune 19, 2015
My time in the Air Force has been good. As with anything there are positives and negatives. However the last 15 years with the Air Force has been enlightening.
Being in the military was very beneficial
Security Forces Member (Former Employee), Minot AFB, NDJune 19, 2015
Pros: serving my country
Cons: being away from famity during many holidays
I really enjoyed my time in the air force and doing my part to protect my country. Although the days were very long and strenuous I learned so much about myself and what I can do. I really enjoyed the people I worked with. They were all like family. the hardest part of being in the air force was missing a lot of my daughters life. there was so much that I enjoyed from driving hmvee to learning all about several different weapons and meeting many different people.
Busy, Productive, Helping Patients, Attention to Detail, Customer Service/Professionalism
Health Services Manager (Current Employee), Malmstrom AFB, MTJune 19, 2015
Pros: I love my job
Cons: Dealing with rude, unprofessional customers, but every job has that so I understand it comes with a territory
A typical day at work would be arrive on time, dressed professionally and appropriately, no later than 0730. I start the morning by checking my email and spreadsheet, taking the information I have received and researching it in my system. I then update my spreadsheet for the Chief of Medical Staff. Depending on the day, I will do Mail Outs or Release of Information. If I am doing mail outs, I will pull the orders and make copies of all of them. I pulled put a copy in a charge out guide and pull all medical records required. This includes: retrieving medical/dental records, searching for misfiles or missing records if the situation requires, as well as printing out all labs/rads of patient and dependents. After I have pulled all medical and dental records, I update the information in the system and package them all up. I place the correct labels on the package and update the information in my spreadsheet. Then I send them to the mail room. If I am doing Release of Information: I process the requests, pull the appropriate records, pull apart the records in correct chronological order, scan in the medical records, redact the medical records, and have them validated by another coworker. After this is accomplished, I then put copy of medical record on a disc and contact the patient. At times I will need to mail out a medical record I have copied and if so, I document that as well. I file paperwork, medical records, in-process patients, in-process medical records and to close up the end of the day I update the MPF on the Quarters Roster. Before I leave the office, ensure office in – more... clean and covered in Privacy Act covers and can pass inspection.
There is always work to be done. I am a hard, fast worker who pays attention to detail. I love my job and I love helping my patients.
I have trained co-workers on the programs I manage and at times have shown them ways to speed up the processes. I have learned all aspects of being a Health Services Management Journeyman including but not limited to: medical records technician, Release of Information Clerk, TRICARE Operations and Patient Administration Representative. – less
I am an American Airman/Veteran
Airman 1st Class/ Section Leader/ Crew Chief (Former Employee), Moody AFB, GAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Bonds, Traveling and adventure
Cons: weekend duty and certain uniform AFI's
Honestly the best job I have ever had. I extremely miss it and I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to serve our country. The Air Force has opened the doors for me to continue my education and for that I am forever grateful it was an amazing 4 years.
Great opportunity
Medical Technician (Former Employee), Travis AFB, CAJune 18, 2015
I left the military with a ton of great skills, and also had the ability to further my career, by having my college paid for.
Proud to be an American
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), multiple places around the globeJune 18, 2015
New what was expected from you. Rewarded for going that extra mile . To great pride in your job. The job had a high expectations. Everone knew if you screwed up, some could die.
Great clinic and management.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great hours, vacation, and benefits
Multi-faceted clinic allows for improved management and care for patients needing treatment and management of systemic conditions.
Outstanding way of life for 29 years!
Senior Communications Superintendent and Manager (Current Employee), Wright-Patterson AFB, OhioJune 18, 2015
As the communications career field Senior Enlisted leader, I am responsible for advising the Commander on morale, welfare, readiness and training issues for 400 assigned personnel providing
computer, telephone, radio services to one of USAF's largest and most diverse bases with 11 tenants, HQ Air Force Material Command, HQ Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, National Air and Space Intelligence Center, Air Force Research Laboratory and 29K+ base personnel.
Awesome Place to Grow!
Officer (Current Employee), Tinker AFB, OKJune 18, 2015
Pros: Leadership Opportunities
Cons: Deployments
A lot of opportunities to grow as a person and utilize the skills in other groups! I enjoy working with people and as a leader in the organization, I get to see them grow and lead others. Very rewarding!
Character Building
Public Health Technician/Manager (Former Employee), F E Warren AFB, WYJune 18, 2015
While the military is not for everyone, it is a great way to learn about yourself and the diverse individuals you work with.
USAF
Independent Duty Medical Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas NVJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great Mission
Cons: Long hours
I spent 23 years in the Air Force. It was a great experience that I would do all over again. My job was unique, I was able to work with the line side and mobile units. I was not stuck in a hospital.
Great place to work for team players
HR Administrator / Trainer / Coordinator (Former Employee), United States & worldJune 18, 2015
Pros: PTO Time, Travel, and Team Building
Cons: Mass data dump. Hundreds of emails and taskings
Organization is top notch. People come to work with sense of pride.

Ex poser to various cultures and foods. You know what's expected

of you each and every day. You're given a road map and let go.
Americas Air Force
HVAC/ Technician (Journeyman) (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAJune 18, 2015
The very best military. I enjoyed my short tenure with the military. Working and learning new management skills and people skills. Skills that go above and beyond the call of duty was great
A place where one can grow to adulthood.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 17, 2015
Pros: Adventure
Cons: Can't think of even one.
The best job anyone can have.
I would do it again and again.
Hey, I could have done a whole lot worse.
What else can I say about the United States Air Force.
It was probably the best decision I could have made for
myself. Poor inner city kid from New York City.
All the wonderful countries I got to live in.
All the beautiful places I got to visit and see.
And after 21 years of it, a decent retirement check for the
rest of my life. Like I said, I could have done a whole lot worse.
Couldn't have chosen a better career path
Enlisted (Former Employee), PersonnelJune 17, 2015
Enjoyed the overseas experience. Great management and supervisors for most of my career. Made lasting friendships. Great career choice. Excellent benefits!
Great
Information System Security Manager (Current Employee), Hampton, VAJune 17, 2015
Great to get a technical background and the experience and education while you serve your country. if you love to travel this is the job for you
Air Force
Staff Sergeant E-5 (Former Employee), Barksdale AFB LAJune 17, 2015
Air Force was a great company to work for. Taught me many technical skills. I have discipline and I have never been late in my 12 years of service. I have several skills that will benefit other companies.
It's the military
Munitions Crewmember (Former Employee), Clovis, NMJune 16, 2015
It's one of the best, worst, difficult, and fun experiences of your life. I would suggest it to anyone who is looking for a challenge and to travel.
Assignments can be fun but lots of overhead
Flight Commander/Communications Research Engineer (Former Employee), National Capitol RegionJune 16, 2015
Pros: Pay/Benefits
Cons: Lots of moving, Deployments
The Air Force can be a great place to work but there is a certain way of life and idiosyncrasies that go with it that may not be for everyone.

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries