U.S. Air Force
5,920 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Travelled and Long shifts.
Patrolman, Desk Sergeant, Heavy Gunner (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: long shifts, always on duty.
Learned to be an effective team member.
How to deal with large amounts of stress and be 100% mission capable at all times.
worked as a dental technician, was kept extremely busy and met some wonderful people
Dental Technician (Former Employee), CaliforniaOctober 13, 2014
The U.S. Air Force was fantastic, wished I could have been with them longer
Awesome learnig experience Fun Freedom and Fullfilment
F-15E Dedicated Crew Chief (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great networking skills
Cons: too far away from family and friends
My typical day was awesome, from meeting new people and building new relationships, working with 2 to 4 people at a time, the best a part about my job hearing the sound of freedom
Good times
security forces (Former Employee), wold wideOctober 13, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of people
Cons: no life
i was a cop and did nuclear protection
served 10 yrs
USAF
Operations Resource Management Specialist (Former Employee), Shaw AFB, Sumter, SCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: militray servie
Cons: long hours
Operations Resource Management Specialist participated in military campaigns such as Operation Iraqi Freedom F-16 flight planning and scheduling.
Blah
Targets Chief and Executive Officer (Former Employee), blahOctober 12, 2014
Great place to work, traveled all over the world and made tons of friends.
Great experiences!
United States Air Force Officer (Former Employee), Lompoc, CAOctober 12, 2014
Would never have had the types of experiences I have had without my time in the Air Force. A fantastic organization.
Exciting atmosphere and mission.
Staff Sgt - Title Classified (Former Employee), March AFB, CAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: mission and co-workers. couldn't ask for better!
Cons: family situation initiated leaving after 3rd enlistment.
Specifics of work is classified, but the atmosphere and the co-workers were terrific. The MSgt was knowledgeable and fair and easy to work with.
Always on the move
Assistant Chief of Personnel Function (Former Employee), Multiple LocationsOctober 12, 2014
Pros: holidays
Cons: weekend shifts
To start it off a typical day at work depended on what base you were at and what sections you were assigned, during the day you would always greet customers, make sure to show courtesy and stand for them as they walked in, and start a conversation unless they were straight to the point about their records issue. I learned to show respect towards my – more... superiors but also to show leadership capabilities when something wasn't right with protocol or procedures. Organization slowly managed into the work life, and so did records management. The hardest part of the job was consistency and management, you always have to keep all records up to date on time when they need it and you had to do without forgetting. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting compliments, connections with the customers – less
Best Job I ever had
Avaition Resource Management (Former Employee), Beale AFB, CAOctober 11, 2014
Love the work that I did here, felt that it had a impact on the world around me. Work hours weren't too bad for the most part off by 5pm and off on the weekend.
Good job!
Integrated Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLOctober 10, 2014
Great way to learn discipline and responsibility. Great lifestyle.
didn't like it
Recruiter (Former Employee), Rosenberg, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: long hours no ot pay, bad management, double edge sword job
over worked and not enough training, they only care about the numbers. wouldn't recommend this job to anyone
Hard work but very satisfying
Communication/Navigation Craftsman (Former Employee), McGuire AFB, NJOctober 10, 2014
Pros: loved the benifits and work satifaction.
Cons: at times i couldn't stop thinking about work i would call in during my off time
Basically I would come in to work talk to my out going shift to see what work had or had not been done, I would then talk to the production supervisor to see if there was anyting else to do. After that I would prioritize the work load and distrobute the work to my team of seven people.
Great place to work with lots of oppertunities.
Pilot Flight Commander, Captain (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYOctober 10, 2014
Pros: time off, good pay and benefits.
Cons: limited choice in career direction.
The military obviously has great benefits and great pay for officers. I was there for almost ten years so I had my share of bosses, some good some bad. I would say the majority of my superiors really wanted me to succeed though and gave me opportunities to show I deserved to be there.
While there are lots of chances to use your leave and extra days – more... off when you get back from a deployment. The reality is that you go where the needs of the air force need you. I had some great adventures here however I did conflict with the general conservative/republican attitude that many of my co workers had. – less
Daily Challenge but worth while
Flight Member (Former Employee), Hill AFB, UTOctober 10, 2014
There was really no "Typical" day at work. Some days were simple and some days were rough. I bounced around a lot so I got to learn and experience a lot of things. It helped me grow into a better problem solver, and decision maker.
Teaching
Program Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALOctober 10, 2014
Pros: hours, environment
A great staff of fellow instructors. A lot of pride in the workplace and most everyone enjoyed coming to work and doing the job.
fun, lots of travle
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), McGuire AFB, NJOctober 10, 2014
good job was fun but needs a full time comitment
you will move to places u never epect some times
Amazing!
Material Control Technician (Former Employee), Vandenberg AFB CAOctober 9, 2014
The U.S. Air Force was an amazing adventure. You learned your job and advanced through the ranks by testing and meeting time in service. It has a diverse culture background, amazing benefits and the chance to see the world.
airforce
Captain, Network Crew Commander (Current Employee), Schriever AFB, COOctober 9, 2014
work with a group of individuals who have a combined breadth of years of knowlegde
perfect
staff officer (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDOctober 9, 2014
Pros: world wice
flew every where
greatest adventures
great compensation
great retirement

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more