U.S. Air Force
7,285 reviews

U.S. Air Force United States Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity
Airman First Class (Former Employee), F E Warren AFB, WYApril 21, 2015
I loved being in the United States Air Force. The Air Force taught me skills that should transfer into the civilian world but the only downside is the transition from military to civilian.
Great Learning Experience
Commander Assistant (Current Employee), Incirlik AFBApril 21, 2015
-Fast pace
-Attention to detail
-Fun
-Family oriented
-Great medical and education benefits
-Traveling Required
-Great experience
-Work holidays
It's the military
Security Forces Journeyman (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 21, 2015
It's the military. If you have the will to succeed then there is no limit to what you can accomplish. Great pay and benefits, great structure, and travel. Not for the weak minded.
Loved it, best decision of my life
Fuels (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 21, 2015
If you have a clean cut record and want to challenge yourself, join the Air Force, best decision of my life. Definitely look into joining since this economy is constantly in the tank.
Depends on your job
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Craftsman (Former Employee), U.S.April 20, 2015
Pros: Leave and Pay
Cons: Deploying often
Life in the Air Force depends highly on the job you choose. You could be working the flight line fixing aircraft, in the back-shop repairing parts, or you may have other jobs like Supply, Medical, Support, Aviation Management, Weather Ops, Combat Ops, or an Aviator. Your hours and management are decided and based on your job career field. However, we all complete a mission, "To keep our nation safe!" The time spent in the service provided many opportunities to excel and become a better person educationally and financially. You do not make millions, but you make enough to stay for the retirement and the end benefit. You meet many people, some become good friends, lovers, and some you lose at war, but most of all you are all family. No matter who you are, when you are in uniform or out a military member knows they are part of a tradition. Initially most enter for college or a job, but those that stay, ended up staying because we love the mentality, workmanship, and the joy of travel. Those that leave early, typically pursue jobs similar to the military, as they are built/born for the challenge and lifestyle. After being in the service for many years you become a great leader, because you are taught to follow and taught that every new unit or location you go to, you have to prove your worth. It is not a free ride for many, so many say different, but you have to earn your stripes and you have to prove you are ready to be one of the best. Those that excel fast will show true leadership and are thrown into the lead role with the chance to make it to the next level. If they fail then their mentor failed, therefore, most succeed or try their hardest not to let anyone down because they not only have themselves to hold accountable, but they have the unit, the wing, and possibly the whole country on their back.
A true life changing career
Protestant Chaplain (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 20, 2015
Pros: Excellent work and benefits.
Cons: Time away from family
I worked with great people and visionaries. I had a chance to learn from people of various backgrounds. I enjoyed world travel and living in various cultures. I learned a lot about leadership and mentoring others. I had a chance to practice management at every level and to see great management practiced at every level. The hardest part of the job was uprooting; The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing a common mission. There was not a typical day.
Its the military
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2015
It all depends on your AFSC. Some career fields have longer days, some have significantly shorter days. Supervision can make or break an assignment.
good work environment
Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee), Buckley AFB, COApril 20, 2015
I enjoy serving my country.
I've learned discipline and punctuality.
My shop supervisor is great.
I always learn new things and progress in my career.
N/A
Quality Manager/Test Pilot (Former Employee), Marietta, GAApril 20, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Typical military experience, service before self, lots of time away from home. Great compensation for Officers and Senior Enlisted.
Great career decision
Aerospace maintenance (Former Employee), little rock, ARApril 20, 2015
Pros: sense of accomplishment/pride, good pay, travel
Cons: stressful, can be rough on families
The USAF is all what you make of it, go in with a bad attitude, and you will recieve nothing less than a miserable enlistment. Go in with a positive attitude, and you will be rewarded and proud of what you do each day. Like any job, it has its ups and downs, military work isnt for everyone, however it needs to be done. The USAF will give you structure, discipline, and skills to use in everyday life. Take advantage of the oppertunity and never look back!
Productive workplace with ping-pong table literally
Transportation Management Operator (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: Medical Benefits
Cons: 1 hour lunch
Overall a very good stepping stone..

I recommend this job to anybody. It has it's and downs but what doesn't.

I believe 8yrs of serving my country is enough and it's time for me to move on to bigger and better things...
Fast moving environment but highly rewarding
Assistant Inspector General (Current Employee), FloridaApril 20, 2015
Highly demanding work environment where you are required to complete multiple task simultaneously. Very rewarding career with exciting opportunities.
Air Force
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Very long hours
I enjoyed my time in the Air Force. I learned valuable life lessons and a strong work ethic. Working on the flightline is very different from working in other aspects of the Air Force.
MICAP Technician.
Material Manager (Former Employee), Langley, AFBApril 20, 2015
MICAP means Mission Capable. If any of our bases need a part to het said jet back in the air, they created a MICAP. As a MICAP tech it is your job to ensure that all MICAPS are seen and reviewed within 4 hour after it was created. Once reviewed, the process of actually ordering the parts begins. Depending on the SOS, source of supply, that would tell us where to order the part from. Once we call the necessary SOS and the order is placed, the item is prepped at the warehouse and shipped via FEDEX, DHL, UPS, USPS and various small package couriers. We must track the item, follow up with the courier and make sure the item is delivered on time, if not, ahead of schedule. Once it is delivered and signed for, the system will automatically close the order and remove it from the board or we would manually have to close it.
Greatest Branch of the Armed Forces
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Minot AFB, NDApril 19, 2015
Loved the chance to serve my country, allowed me to defend my country and a great retirement. Would recommend to anyone wanting to make a difference in their lives..
police
Customer Service/ Records Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 19, 2015
I had the best time learning and practicing for the career that i have always wantedcant beat getting payed to do what you like to do.
Great Place to get a career started
Emergency Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, SCApril 19, 2015
Great Benefits, awesome opportunities to travel, and lots of job skills you will be thankful for to help you get a job in the civilian work force.
Would do it all over again
senior maintenance operations controller (Former Employee), Charleston AFB, South CarolinaApril 19, 2015
Pros: Great people, awesome travel
Cons: no lunch at times, depending on the mission
Had a blast during my career. Would do it all over again if the opportunity presented itself. Had a chance to grow within the company and did. Worked my way up and was rewarded.
A great place to grow up
Manager (Current Employee), Randolph, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: Training, travel
Cons: Deployments, sometimes crazy duty schedules
I spent 23 years in the Air Force from 1992-2015. I was lacking direction as a HS grad and the AF basically helped me obtain the skills I needed for life, while also providing me world travel and amazing experiences to go along with it. My co-workers were from all walks of life and management was sometimes good and sometimes bad, but I learned from all of them.
Great job stability and a great way to honor your country
Aircraft & Equipment Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), FloridaApril 19, 2015
The military gives the individual the opportunity to control your own career. If you want to achieve success it is entirely within your control.

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries