U.S. Air Force
7,619 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Mission-oriented community
Personnel Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 15, 2015
Pros: Community
Cons: Personalities can be challenging at times.
The Air Force is a great place to work. The culture is improving given added interest in quality of service. There is a service commitment for military personnel and mobility requirements for certain personnel types.
Production work place where hard work is rewarded
Various Positions (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2015
Typical work day included quick stand up meeting with office subordinates to discuss any current issues followed by follow on meeting with the Director of Operations to discuss operations flow for the day.
Greatest job ever
Information Resource Administrator (Former Employee), Clovis, New MexicoJune 15, 2015
I traveled a lot. Met and worked with the most amazing people. Typical day was constantly busy dealing with all aspects of military life. Learned a lot about the administrative career. Everyone treated everyone with respect. The camaraderie was excellent.
Daily work instruction
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Wrightstown, NJ Mcguire AFBJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great overall workers
Cons: bad mismanagement above my paygrade
I ordered parts for the aircrafts, and individual issues. Gas mask, chem warfare gear etc. I obtained management status where I ran a section by myself. Had individuals under myself. Hardest part of the job was when inventory was incorrect and had to be corrected. Causing time and wasted labor.
Love what you do
Aircraft Support Equipment Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), MacDill AFB Tampa FlJune 15, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, advancement
Cons: Time away from family
Absolutely one of the best things I have ever done in my life! At times it requires long hours, a ton of fortitude and a strong commitment to the USAF core values, but what you take away, you will have for life
Productive when something is going on.
Response Force Leader (Former Employee), Aviano, Italy and Moody AFB, GAJune 15, 2015
Pros: All benefits
Cons: 12hr + shift
Good environment, great co-workers, enjoyed off days or vacation days, and good experience. Was able to travel and got to see different countries I thought I would never get to see in life. Able to network and connect with life time friends.
Defined Career Paths
Precision Measurement Equip Lab Functional Mgr (Former Employee), TXJune 14, 2015
Pros: Comradery, benefits, education, travel, housing, health care, food stipend, retirement, etc.
Cons: Hazardous duties defending the country
Arrive at work. See what's broke, see who has the training, see who needs the training, assign a mixture to increase your capabilities. Prioritize your jobs. Get the job done and move on to next task. Comradery, benefits, education, travel, housing, health care, food stipend, retirement, etc.
Manager, Command and Control Telecommunications (Former Employee), OKC, OKJune 14, 2015
A great place to work, with many opportunities to grow. Some of the smartest and friendly employees I have every work with.V ery productive for a large organization
Totally enjoyed the experience of the Air Force
Aircraft Production Control Supervisor (Former Employee), March Air Reserve Base, CAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Job security and meeting many lifetime friends
Cons: Having to retire
Thankful for the decision to enlist in the Air Force. Job security and good benefits made life easy during my career. Getting to travel all over the world was an added enjoyment.
Stessfull, Cultural, Sufficient
Sup. Aerospace Engineering & Operations Technician (Former Employee), Europe/AsiaJune 14, 2015
In the airforce you learn different facets of life lessons early in your career. Combined with adequate pay and housing makes for a sustainable life. A lot of rules, and a lot of bigotry but can be overcame.
great place to grow & muture as well as alot of fun good people
Sergeant (Former Employee), philippines, japan and coloradoJune 14, 2015
Pros: good people and work
Cons: none
computer operator run and print base level jobs
order and team work
also was in charge of a mobile base level computer system
young good kids dedicated to do work
job was not hard went you are enjoying your environment
moving your a very young family all around the world
Always learning something new each day, excellent learning experience.
Access Management (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 13, 2015
Excellent learning experiences, got to see the world, travel to other countries, learn new things almost every day. Held a variety of different jobs during my career, learned quite a bit from my management team and was also a supervisor as well during my tenor with the military. This was by far the best career move, the most enjoyable time was the United States Air Force serving my country ,and helping others was the most fulfilling accomplishment.
Exceptional Career!
Logistics Section Chief (Current Employee), Valdosta, GeorgiaJune 13, 2015
The best part of a typical Air Force day are the people who accomplish the mission! A managers success is measured through the development of teams and leadership qualities.
My thoughts on the Air Force
Air Transportation (Current Employee), Camp Springs, MDJune 12, 2015
Pros: travel, benefits meeting new people
Cons: getting deployed
Joining the Air Force was one of the best decisions I ever made. I've met and made great friends, traveled the world and developed as a man, supervisor, and an airmen
Fast paced and constantly changing world-wide work place.
PACS Administrator (Current Employee), Travis AFB, CAJune 12, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, pay, leave program, and medical/dental
Cons: Long hours, lack of continuity, overload of extra duties
Thee one thing that is a constant in the USAF is change. I have been in the Air Force for 10 going on 11 years. I have had 4 different jobs in the military not to include extra duties. The broad scope of experience you get from the USAF is unparalleled. You are always put in a position to lead and follow. They set you up for success with all the rules and guidelines you must follow. There is mandatory – more... training that must be met weekly if not daily. I have managed different sizes and types of teams from a large post office team to a small healthcare administration team or picture archiving and communications systems team. I am also very good with self motivation and discipline that has been supplemented by the Air Force. Working in the military you get to work with all walks of life and different perspectives. You also have training to help with the "culture shock" you might run into while serving in the military. The camaraderie of the military also helps you to work with people and solve problems at the lowest level. The hardest part is all the extra duties and training you incur while serving and the constant moving and deployments. Also technically being on the clock 24/7 and long work hours with no over time. The most enjoyable part of the job would be serving people and learning new things on a daily basis. Getting to know people from different cultures and walks of life is also a huge plus. I definitely enjoyed my time in the United States Air Force and the breadth of experience and training it has allowed me. – less
Fast paced environment, ample opportunities to hone your skills
Aerospace Medical Technician / Supervisor (Current Employee), Langley AFB, Va.June 12, 2015
Pros: Provides opportunities for career advancement and offers retirement options.
Cons: Work place morale could be better.
Job security, on the job training, excellent health benefits. Support is available from peers, always willing to answer questions.
Productive, Career Advancement, Travel, Enjoyable Experience
SF Canine Handler/Trainer/Kennel Master (Former Employee), Camp Springs, MDJune 12, 2015
Pros: Life experiences
Cons: Deployments
Working with various types of people and dogs. Learned and experienced being Police K9. Met and worked with a great bunch of people. Hardest part to the job was being away from family on a deployment. Most enjoyable part was being stationed to various bases in states and overseas.
Good Place to work
Unit Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Wright-Patterson AFB, OHJune 11, 2015
Pros: Laid back enviroment
Cons: No room for upward progression.
I really enjoy working for the Air Force recruiting Service. I feel like I am apart of molding the next generation of the world greatest air force.
Great experience, loved the work, but almost anyone can become supervisor to ruin it
AVIONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Minot AFBJune 11, 2015
Pros: Loved my job, Loved the life experiences, worked with amazing people
Cons: Can't always pick your leaders, Obama
I started of loving everything about my work as a Comm/Nav flight line tech. I loved the work I loved my supervision I was able to learn any job on the aircraft outside of my own specialty. Then I got orders to a new base and it started off ok, I had a whole new airframe to learn and lots of training to get back to the level I was at before, but with the new base came new supervisors and I couldn't – more... say much for most of the leadership. It felt like everyone was just focused on themselves and they would abuse the good workers and give the bad ones nice cushy jobs away from everyone so they wouldnt have to deal with them. I have always had excellent reviews on every EPR until this base and it was out of my direct supervisors control. (He was one of the good ones) I will not get into the details but it was a bad situation that eventually led to me ending my career with the Air Force – less
USAF
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), USAJune 11, 2015
I enjoy waking up everyday and being a leader, being a leader allows my to execute orders. While in the Air Force I learned leadership, honor, and strengthened my intergrity

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries