U.S. Air Force
6,313 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

High Expectations and Work Load
Plans and Programs Analyst (Former Employee), Keesler AFB, MSDecember 8, 2014
Pros: heavily involved in all aspects of the installation. very rewarding job.
Cons: high mission requirement limited compensation time for work.
The Plans and Programs Office was highly involved in many areas across the installation. Our office worked many special projects and we worked many extended hours to ensure the mission was complete, reports were well written and all the documentation was complete. The days were busy and when a man-made or natural disaster occurred, the day became busier – more... because we are the focal point for the installation commander. – less
United States Air Force
Radio Systems Communications - Lead (Former Employee), Whiteman AFB, MODecember 8, 2014
My Co- workers and I would put together equipment kits that would assist pilots in their day to day operation. Worked random hours. We would also make sure that all of our equipment was up to date and working properly.
Room for growth, had ample opportunites for improvement
Customer Service Professional / Operations Manager (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDDecember 8, 2014
Pros: morale, traveling
Cons: on call 24/7
The Air Force had amazing benefits and gave me many opportunities to travel the world and meet new people.
With my specific job I was able to learn and excel at all Microsoft programs.
The hardest part for me were the deployments.it is definitely hard to be away from family for 6-8 months at a time.
2A871E - Comm/Nav/Mission Systems
Integrated Anionics Systems Craftsman (Former Employee), United StatesDecember 8, 2014
Pros: good health benefits, teamwork, espirit de corps, sense of purpose
Cons: deployments, long hours, pay
It was a good experience overall and was definitely worth the years I spent on active duty. It is tough sometimes and if you are not used to doing what you are told without always knowing all the reasons then it can make it even harder. I speak from experience on this one.
Federal Civilian working for the US Air Force
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Davis-Montham AFB Tucson, AZDecember 8, 2014
Pros: fellowship, squadron cookouts and events, being part of never ending technology industry
Cons: late work nights
This was a great job. It was like being in the military but not being in the military. I worked for the 355th Civil Engineering Squadron (CES) which was comprised many different departments: Electrical, HVAC, Readiness (deployment management) and more. I was hired on as a computer tech and was responsible for maintaining the squadron PCs from new equipment, – more... software updates to researching and buying advancing technology. Was the point of contact between the Squadron's commander and the rest of the Squadrons on Davis-Montham AFB. Would help with day to day computer issues and general questions (which eventually became a Help Desk standard). I developed a weekly newsletter for squadron members to help with work and home computers. This was all prior to Y2K. Was key to preparing for Y2K making sure the equipment we use was Y2K compatible. I worked for a Department Chief and worked with two other co-workers. We were all specialized; one was a software engineer for a program the Air Force used and a senior Network Administrator. Unfortunately our country went to war and my job was RIFted (Reduction In Force). Forged many friends that continue to this day with military personnel. If there was a job I could resurrect this would be the one. I grew up an Air Force brat (dad is a 24 year veteran; uncles, cousins all served in various branched and I served in the US Navy), so to be able work as a civilian for the Air Force was a dream job. Stupid war. Not too many negative things. my job position was the equivalent to an officer, so no conflicts there. – less
Great Experience!
Jet Mechanic (F-15) (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLDecember 8, 2014
This was a typical military life. I grew so much during my time in the military and learned so much about life. I saw many things and gained lifelong friends. Wonderful experience!
M-a great place to learn -my introduction to flying
Captain CVA340 (Former Employee), ADWDecember 8, 2014
Hardest part was flying all-nighters several days /week .Best part was giving check rides
20 years later and no regrets.
Water and Fuels Systems Maintenance (Current Employee), Moody AFB, GADecember 7, 2014
Pros: medical and dental coverage, see the world
Cons: see the world
I have enjoyed my time the AF, I'd do it again... I highly recommend employment with the AF. I learned a trade skill, say exotic places, met interesting people.
It was a great experiance
Staff Sargeant (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTDecember 7, 2014
Too bad didn't last for a while. My job experience was very great.
Career Assistance Advisor (Current Employee), Columbus AFB, MSDecember 7, 2014
My military career has defined me as a person and helped me become the person I am today by providing a stable work environment with great potential for advancement. The opportunities for individual education and self-improvement are available and requires dedication and commitment. The military builds great leaders and managers that are committed to – more... their organization, personnel and careers. – less
Enjoyed my service
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Travis AFB, CADecember 7, 2014
I had always wanted to serve in the USAF. I recently retired from active duty. I enjoyed my time and met some of the best people and friends. I'd do it all over again.
Senior Branch Manager of Intelligence Operations (Former Employee), Satellite Beach, FLDecember 7, 2014
Great place to work. Long days and long deployments. Very high tech and very rewarding. A lot of time away from family.
It's what you make of it.
F-35 Avionics Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee), Nellis AFB, NVDecember 6, 2014
Pros: learn a multitude of skills
Cons: don't really have any
I had a great experience with my time in the Air Force. Got to learn an abundance of skills and met great people while doing it. I think everyone should experience the military one way or another.
Great Job, Great way of Life
Recruiter (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILDecember 6, 2014
Worked for the US Air Force for 24 years, loved the opportunity for travel and training. Great job experience.
Military Service
Aerospace Equipment Specialist (Current Employee), Tinker AFB, OKDecember 6, 2014
Great way to serve your country! Outstanding benefits, promotion based on merits and work. Great co-workers, great locations. get to see the world, including North Dakota!
Summary of Work Experience at Western Air Defense Sector
Computer Support Technician (Current Employee), Tacoma, WA -- McChord AFBDecember 5, 2014
Pros: secure job
Cons: some people are hard to work with
Below are some work related duties I have performed:

* Primary VTC (Video Tele - Conferencing) Technician for CLASS/UNCLASS VTCs
* Periodically assist Help Desk Knowledge Information Section
* Routinely use CAC to access PC and Network Logon’s
* Possess Security Clearance up to Top Secret
* Work with civilian contractors/upper level management, and – more... multitude of users of various backgrounds
* Software Manager for 350 users – Software License Tracking/Compliance process.
* Primary Safety Coordinator – Routinely process safety information to work center employees, perform monthly safety inspections
* Alternate Equipment Custodian – responsible for inventory of equipment
* BlackBerry Account Manager – Tech Support, Program Hand-Helds for Blackberries: 7250, 8703E, 8830. BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) administration & support.
* GPC (Government Purchase Card Holder) – Research software purchases via Internet for customer approval – Manage Network Budget – Approximately $10,000/monthly spending limit.
* Alternate for Assigning Laptops to Customers for TDY or temporary duty
* Perform Server Checks – viewing event logs or errors & warnings
* Server Checks include Classified & Unclassified Servers
* Virus Definitions for Classified/Unclassified Servers & Security Patches
* Administrative Support to User Accounts on Active Directory - Unlock, Set Permissions
* Trouble-Ticket Database – Resolve trouble-tickets
* Remedy Trouble Ticket Resolution v.7.x
* 24/7 Network/Help Desk Support
* MS SharePoint – Share Documentation with Network Shop
* Fiber/Cat 6 terminal installations; includes patching cables
* CISCO VIOP (Voice over IP Phones) Tech Support
* Possess excellent communication skills both spoken & written – comfortable with phone Help Desk Support
* Also, possess skills in graphic design: Photoshop CC-Creative Cloud
* Versatile with Digital Photography
* Have attended numerous photography seminars within the local area – less
Met alot of people from all over the United states ,learned alot from the classes and the people
Areo ground support equipmet mechanic (Former Employee), Pope AFB, NCDecember 5, 2014
Pros: traveling, meeting new people, the learning experience
Cons: couldn't see your family..
Mechanics had always been my hobby until I join the AIR FORCE .The Air force was very informative. the pay was good because everything was supplied for you ,like food ,medical,transportation
Great!
Network Administrator (Current Employee), UtahDecember 5, 2014
USAF is fast and everchanging and being apart of it has been a great experience. I am still active duty.
Great working team everyone was down to earth answered any questions that arise.
Logistics Plans Apprentice (Former Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 5, 2014
Pros: great co workers. meals where sometimes provided by higher ranked co workers.
Cons: stress from not geting follow up of questions that coworkers in other departments wouldn't answer.
Would do daily morning and afternoon TPFDD (Time Phased for Deployment Data) spreadsheet to see when Airman would be deploying and where to. Booked travel requirements for those Airman that where leaving to deploy. Keep inventory checklist on War Readiness Materials to make sure all materials where needed in case of conflict. Learned what it takes to – more... work in logistics and how everyone has to do there part to fully facilitate that goal you want to reach. – less
job security/advancement
Active Duty Staff Sergeant (SSgt) (Former Employee), MassDecember 5, 2014
Descent pay and advancement only through testing. Work is easy and sometimes stressful. Management generally gives straight forward easy to understand orders. Shifts can be long and many days spent away from family. Good benefits. Most co-workers are easy to get along with, very diverse work environment.

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more