U.S. Air Force
6,555 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Aerospace Maintenance Journeyman
Aerospace Maintenance Journeyman (Current Employee), AbileeJanuary 15, 2015
• Maintained aircrafts, and support equipment (SE)
• Documented/maintained aircraft forms and records both paper and electronic.
• Supervised maintenance, inspections, and servicing operations
• Performed preventative/regular maintenance
• Swift and accurate system and component troubleshooting
• Ordered various parts, equipment
• Maintained proper documentation of quantities needed, ordered, and current condition
• Performed management and disposal of hazardous chemicals
Quality work place with high moral values
AIRFIELD MANAGEMENT SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee), Holloman AFBJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: values, benefits
Cons: not enough free time for family
All questions pertaining to my service in the United States Air Force can be asked to me in person. Due to my secret clearance I am not allowed to describe in detail what a typical day at my job was. I am proud to have served in the military and it taught me to be the person I am today.
Working for COLSA
Deputy Flight Commander (Former Employee), Schriever AFB, COJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great health care
Cons: do not get paid as much as the men in my field
All in all this company is a great place to work. I have learned a lot about he defense industry as a contractor. The hardest part of this job is working with customers that don't know what they want.
Great Benefits
Chief, Infrastructure and Energy Program (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Military benefits can't be beat. The hours can be long, but the work is rewarding.
IT Desk-side Support Technician (Former Employee), MDJanuary 15, 2015
good company to work they are friendly and loving people to work among,
It's the military, you take the good with the bad.
Fuel Tanker Driver (Former Employee), Holloman AFB, NMJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: cameraderie, travel, benefits.
Cons: little choice on where you get stationed, not for easily homesick.
Very much enjoyed my time in the US Air Force. Lots of training and lots of life long friends made. It's as good or bad as you make it.
Fast paced
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), GlobalJanuary 14, 2015
Great place to learn discipline, and travel. Fast paced environments can be overwhelming at times.
The Air Force wasn't for me
Electrical Mechanical Missile Technician 2MOX1 (Former Employee), Malmstrom AFB, MTJanuary 14, 2015
I was nineteen when I joined the Air Force. I grew up and became a man in those two years. The Air Force taught me how to pay attention to detail under stress. As a missile mechanic perfection was the standard. It was a high stress job. I decided the Air Force wasn't for me when I no longer agreed with the way my leadership handled things. I volunteered to get out after two years of service.
A Day with Air Force Maintenance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Riverside CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: flexibility and the people
Cons: not being to take time off because of a one deep position
Working for the Air Force is a life changing experience. A typical day is mostly putting out fires and taking those mountains and turning them back in mole hills. Management is management, mostly all new at this point and I'm mostly training them and trying to keep them from doing something wrong. The hardest part of the job is explaining a process or procedure to someone that doesn't care and won't listen and will still do it their way. The pros are when you accomplish what was deemed the most impossible task that would normally take several day and complete it in a few hours. The most enjoyable is helping that one person that is pulling their hair out because they can't figure something out and after five minutes of talking to them, we have whatever the situation is under control or that task they couldn't complete, completed and seeing the smile on their face.
best time of my life so far
SENIOR AIRMAN (Former Employee), north dakotaJanuary 14, 2015
a great place to work and experience the world. i was a security forces member and currently i would like to return to security and grow from there.
Benefits
Division Supervisor (Former Employee), Eielson AFB, AKJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: morale
The benefits are worth it if you can put up with the constant moving and disruption to family. Work will consume you if you don't have outlets
A place of opportunity and growth
Security Manager (Current Employee), Bowie, MDJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: college and medical benefits
Cons: job security has gone down
Fast paced family oriented work place that offers a steady rate of promotional opportunities, including a vast array of training to help you become a more dependable and knowledgeable member of the worlds greatest Air Force.
Of course I'm patriotic and loyal to the USAF. I retired after 20 years.
Flight Medicine Clinic Manager (Current Employee), Sheppard AFB, TXJanuary 14, 2015
It's not just a job with amazing benefits, it's a second family
Fun place to work always challenging!
DoD Police Officer (Current Employee), Fort Eustis, VAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
I like working with a diverse group of veterans and Police Officers from different backgrounds.I would recommend to anyone!
core values
Senior Defense Attaché Designee (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: training and development
Cons: deployments
A 26 year in the USAF allowed me to raise a family in security, serve my nation, and see the world. Excellent leadership for the most part!
great opportunities to serve and grow in USAF
Flight Instructor, Flight Commander, Scheduler (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 14, 2015
The USAF is an excellent way to serve our nation and offers challenging technical opportunities.
great place to work
Weapons Load Crew Chief (Former Employee), Republic, MOJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: fast paced exciting work
Cons: low pay
I worked for Kinko's before they were bought out by FEDEX. In that time the company offered many benefits such as: 100% match profit sharing and full medical and dental. The fast pace work kept you on your toes and the nature of technological advancement meant you were always learning something new.
great career
Superintendent (Former Employee), Spain, Germany, Georgia, Utah, and AlaskaJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: promotes is better in your control then most jobs.
Cons: some people play favorites
Wonderful way of life. lots of training and travel all over the world.
Culinary, Fitness, Mortary Affairs, Readiness
E3 Airmen 1st Class (Current Employee), Peru, INJanuary 13, 2015
I learn and better my time management skills, effective speaking, and accuracy. Working with NCOs show as I progress and achieve rank what my role will be. My co-workers and I constantly meet deadlines and criteria while having fun. Long hours and difficult task bring us together and make the end of the day worth the satisfaction of hundreds of satisfied people. the hardest part of my job is getting everything out on time and the best part is closing and meeting with he team and going over what we did well and what needs approval.
Great Benefits
Avionics Technician On C130J and B1-Bombers (Former Employee), Ramstein AB Germany and Ellsworth AFB SDJanuary 13, 2015
Long hours, great travel, little appreciation. It is the military.

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more