U.S. Air Force
7,875 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Air Force Medic
Medical Technician (Former Employee), Keesler AFB, MSJuly 23, 2015
Personal growth and development, fun working environment with many benefits. The United States Air Force sets you up for success.
A great way for starting careers
MISSILE PROCEDURE TRAINER MAINTAINER (Former Employee), Minot AFB, NDJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits, you are taken care of completely
Cons: Not free to speak or critize any superior
Military atmosphere, would recommend to anyone as it will set your work ethics for the rest of your life, as you are not an individual but a team.
Perficient Plus and Minuses
Project Manager (Former Employee), Roswell, GAJuly 23, 2015
Wasn't there long after the merger of Perficient and Northridge. Management could use some improvement, but the people were hard workers and knowledgable.
Get out and see the world
Specialty Aircraft Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee), TexasJuly 23, 2015
I retired from the USAF. It taught me how to be a leader in a diverse work environment. There is always room for advancement and more responsibilities the longer you stay and the more rank you earn.
Very diverse and full of oppurtunities to advance and grow in any field of work.
Postal Clerk/Information Manager (Current Employee), Aviano AB, ItalyJuly 23, 2015
Taught me to be more organized and to be a more quick and efficient worker. Everyone was very easy to get along with and work with.
Great Quality of Life compared to the other brances in the military
Non Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), McChord AFB WAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, School, Disability, Programs to help vets
Cons: Deployments
Air Force is the toughest branch to get in to when it comes to the mental aspect of it. It focuses on quality of life instead of sending troops out to the field for exercises when at home station and year long deployment overseas.
Fun
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), VariousJuly 22, 2015
Great experience and free school. Work can get difficult, but it's always temporary. It's the military so the expect the best from you.
Productive work place essential to the our Nation
Vehicle Management Journeymen (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ARJuly 22, 2015
Military Career experience is private. Out side of that it was a rewarding experience that I learned much from as it aided me to develop into a person with strong positive characteristics.
Proud to serve my Country!
Aircraft Weapons Specialist/Supervisor E-5 (Former Employee), Seymour Johnson AFB, Goldsboro NCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits and Travel
Cons: Away from Family at times
A Typical day as a Aircraft Weapons specialist usually consist of inspecting your tools and equipment for the day, roll call, launch and recovery of fighter aircraft, maintenance after recovery and updating maintenance records. After reinspecting and accounting for your tools to prevent FOD, its Miller time.
Military lifestyle
Senior Airman (Former Employee), OverseasJuly 22, 2015
Deployment was the most enjoyable aspect of my military career. I would re-enlist if I had the opportunity. I can't complain about the experience.
Learned more in a year than most jobs
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), bossier, laJuly 22, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: moving around often
Overall the experience taught me more about myself and others. I enjoyed traveling the world and meeting others from places I never would have visited.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Elmendorf AFB. Anchorage , AlaskaJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with.
Cons: The sub-zero weather (-15 to -35)
State of the art equipment with excellent maintenance. Great people to work with, mostly everyone is a Veteran. Worst part of job is the sub-zero weather(-10 to -35). Best part of the job is the gravel road maintenance in the fall before it snows.
AF
Contractor (Former Employee), Scott AFBJuly 22, 2015
It had great benefits and I learned a lot about the military, but contract ended and position was converted to civil service and it was not a direct roll over.
Great workplace
Command Post Controller (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 22, 2015
The Air Force was a great life experience. Experineced many cultures which allowed me to grow as a person. Was able to work with many different kinds of people which allowed me to learn and apply great attributes of a great leader and manger. Best experience ever.
AIR FORCE
Radiology Manger/ PACS Administrator (Current Employee), worldJuly 22, 2015
If you want a place to grow and become the person you were meant to be the air force is for you. It has created an atmosphere of growth from hard work and good leadership /Mentors.
great life starter, exceptional personal responsibility
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2015
Pros: travel
Joining the military was one of the greatest decision I ever made the worst decision i made was getting out. If you want life experiences this is where to find it
Fun and interesting places to work
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee), TexasJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Got to visit other countries
Cons: Had to move and leave friends behind.
I really enjoyed working in all the various bases all over the world. I got along great with my coworkers, which some have remained good friends. The officers that I worked with didn't look down on anyone and treated us with respect.
Most days were fast pasted with a huge workload
Section Chief Air Freight (Former Employee), World WideJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Meeting people from different places and getting to travel
Cons: Being away from family a lot
Worked in the Air Transportation field witch was the movement of cargo and passengers. Managed shops from 20 to 100 military and civilian personal over my last 14 years in the military. My goal was to – more... make sure the mission was taken care of and the people under me were being taken care of at the same time. The hardest part was dealing with problem issues when they came up but that is part of the job. It was always great to see at the end of the day what has been accomplished and airplanes getting off on time. – less
The joy of serving your country.
Aircraft Structural Mechanic (Former Employee), Swanton, OHJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Serving your country
Cons: Being away from family
Going though basic training was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, it was also one of the most awarding things to complete the training. I learned how to show respect to people,
Military branch
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2015
I served a couple of years in the military. The United States Air Force to be precise. I was stationed in S. Korea, Texas, and Mississippi.

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries