U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,604 reviews matching the search
Productive and Challenging work environment
First Line Supervisor, Cargo Handler Crew (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 25, 2016
In this profession, you have a hard job that comes with great benefits. The network of professionals both in and our of uniform is invaluable. There is tremendous opportunity for career advancement,
Excellent way to stay within the military realm and a civilian life
Intelligence Officer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 24, 2016
I recommend it for anyone that is passionate about the military's mission but wants more time to spend with family and friends. you can have both worlds; military life and civilian life! it can't get better than this!
Pros
Proudly continue to wear the US of A uniform!
Awesome personnel.
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 23, 2016
Excellent and very knowledgable Officer's who are willing to teach - and are some of the best at what they do in the nation. Maintain contact with most of the unit.

Most difficult part of the job was not being able to help all of the soldiers I encountered. The best part of the job was/is contining to receive email from those I was able to help
Pros
I learned something new every day
Cons
no money in the budget for training
Overall Exsperiance
12K Plumber (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJuly 21, 2016
The type of friendships you make with the USAR is unlike any other you will have/make in your entire life. I have been doing this for nine years now, and I would not change anything for it. The military really doesn't have uses for plumbers, so I get a lot of training in other MOS's.
Strict Work Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2016
-Reporting early in the morning to the unit.
-Assigning tasks to subordinates.
-Managing others to get assigned work.
-Good Co-Workers/Well adapted environment
Fun workplace
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Shafter, HIJuly 19, 2016
Great workplace in providing excellent customer service in completing administrative and clerical duties and requirements.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Not Applicable
Serving country
UH-60 Blackhawk Helicopter Repairer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 18, 2016
We have to attend drills one weekend each month. Rest of the time we are free to do other jobs or pursue education.
Fun team building environment
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Devens, MAJuly 18, 2016
Being the new person at my unit it would be easy to become overwhelmed with all the new information that was given to me arrival. However that was not the case. My coworkers were very friendly and knowledgeable with any questions i might have had.
Supply Specialist
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 17, 2016
I make sure the company has everything they need. I also do inventory for sensitive and nonsensitive. When I was on active duty I did more than on reserves.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not really any
Honor and privilege to serve as a uniformed member or the Armed Forces
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 17, 2016
As an army staff sergeant in the intel field working as an air sensor operator imagery analyst was responsible for collecting and producing multiple imagery derived products and reports working with a tight knit group of working professionals.

Want to know more about U.S. Army Reserve?

Ask a question
U.S. Army
Transportation Specialist/ Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2016
Great career to learn new skills and develop management skills. Travel around the world to many different places, able to see what the real world is like and how it runs.
Pros
every thing
Cons
time awa from family
Lots of work
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 16, 2016
Spent lots of time in motor pool doing mechanic work and doing paper work such as dispatches and driving military vehicles
Pros
Extra pay check benifits
Cons
Work hours
It's the Army
Medic, 68W (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 15, 2016
It is your typical Army type job. This job gave me the experience to advance my career as a medical professional. Being a part of something greater than yourself is fulfilling.
Great Job
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 15, 2016
Need to join, great benefits, vacation pay, learned to be self efficate,
travel the world, learn new languages, new and different jobs,
Adventurous
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 15, 2016
Military is a great way of life. Always meeting new people, travel is available and great benefits for you ad your family.
Pros
Education, Benefits
Good job, good pay
Human Resources Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 15, 2016
I have enjoyed my work with the army and I have enjoyed working my coworkers. I have no complaints. I would tell any one to apply. I'm proud to serve.
Productive and Competitive
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJuly 15, 2016
A typical day at work involves receiving briefings on the daily plan as well as heading directly to work according to your section. For example, if you are in the Supply area, you will typically be issuing out equipment as well as signing equipment in and out. Basically, control management is the key.
As for what I have learned in the United States Army Reserves, I can honestly say a lot. At a young age (rite after graduating high school) it teaches you self discipline as well as giving a handle on what to expect out of the adult portion of your life. How to better prepare and strive for excellence are key portions as well as being sure to remain always in a professional yet friendly manner. My co-workers and "management" have always been brothers and sisters to me and even after I am released from my contract, I will still consider them family rather than people I was able to serve with.

As for the hardest part of the job, I would have to say is communication. The Military has always been known for the attention to detail and the professionalism that is brought forth in every Soldier, Marine, Airmen, Seaman, etc however, there is an utter lack of communication from the higher enlisted or Officers to the lower enlisted/ranks such as myself.
As for the most enjoyable part of the job, I would have to say is wearing the uniform. The pride and amount of self gratitude you bring to yourself when you look in the mirror is astonishing. Not only does it show that you are more for helping others than yourself, but it also shows the pride you have for your Country.
Pros
Attention to Detail
Cons
Healthcare
A great career choice!
Chemical Administrative Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Statham, GAJuly 14, 2016
I am a career soldier! I love to nurture other soldiers! I have been a soldier for fifteen years and do not regret any of it.
Pros
Training
Cons
Minimal time together
Drill
military (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at works consist of Pt at 6.00pm. Classes start afterwards .Around 11.00p.m we have luch at golden correl.
Pros
free lunch
productive training
Material Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ft Eustis VaJuly 13, 2016
Depending on the unit, your weekend will be filled with training and education to ensure you are ready to be called upon should the Army need you.
On the flip side, you have to be creative enough to find something constructive to do once you have completed all of the tasks needed to be battle ready

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5