U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,505 reviews matching the search
Army Reserve
Specialist - Switch Node Maintenance and Operation (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2017
Fast paced military environment. Required classroom and physical training. work well between enlisted and officers. maintain equipment, learn other skills from others in unit
Pros
one weekend a month, two weeks a years
Cons
small paycheck
Great Organization of Motivated Individuals
Civil Affairs Team Leader (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 27, 2017
One of the best decisions I have ever made. The Army Reserves offers experience and development opportunities one would be hard pressed to find anywhere else.
Works well around education and family
Healthcare Specialist, Medic (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 26, 2017
Works well around education and family. Easy to go to school, work civilian job full-time, etc. Very good benefits for school, medical, and insurance.
The best worst decision you will ever make
88M/Motorized transport operator (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLJuly 26, 2017
It honestly depends on what unit you get and what your job is. I got a great unit, sometimes with great leadership, sometimes with terrible leadership. The Reserves in general is a great choice for those unsure of what they want to do in life or if they are unsure if the military is right for them, and its a great way to get an education in a desired skill or trade (while also getting paid for the training). the bonuses and benefits are pretty decent too. It's also a great way to network because you aren't all just soldiers, etc, but also whatever it is you do outside of the military i.e. a college student, a restaurateur, a delivery driver, a lawyer, etc. Honestly, it can be godawful at times, and the best thing ever at others. It's a little complicated, but the title really sums it up: it will be the best worst decision of your life.

side note: the Reserves does have full-time staff positions, if that is more up your alley
Fast paced enviroment
Motor Transport Operator (88M) (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALJuly 26, 2017
Mainly fast paced work force. Focuses mainly on your physical fitness than anything. Work hard for little pay. Can be difficult to balance everything else with job. Has been very disorganized.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Stressful
Lack of direction
CIVIL AFFAIRS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 26, 2017
Lack of direction and no time management. Very unorganized and repetitive training (busy work). Great for those who need it just as a source for extra income.
A very rewarding experience that has made me the leader I am today
Project Manager / Company Commander (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 25, 2017
Through my experiences within the Army Reserves I have learned to always expect the unexpected. One has to be able to think outside the box when complex issues arise when planning for any and all missions and tasks given to you as a leader. The hardest part of the Army Reserves is having to lead young men and women and be active in their lives both in their Military career as well as their Civilian occupations. However, the Army Reserves has been very rewarding to me and has made me the person that I am today.
Pros
Leadership experience, Team building
Cons
Long hours, difficulty in management of Personnel
Fun
Soldier (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAJuly 25, 2017
I am stationed at the only Force Provider unit in the entire military. So, that is about the only plus, otherwise it is about the same as any other unit.
Pros
Serve my country
Cons
Lots of cleaning
Needed
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2017
I learned alot during my term in the army. I believe that for a person coming from a poor family and is not going to college after high school or doesn't have a job for 6 mos after should enlist. No way they are going to learn the life skills that they'll need without guidance and assistance.
weekend drill once a month
Army Reserve-ammunition specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 25, 2017
started with formation roll call. separated our platoons into job classification. continued with training, maintaining equipment. physical training one day each month with the company.
Pros
great working with many people. got to travel to parts of the world.
Cons
boring times at the unit not enough time at the shooting range
Its only good as your leadership
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Wadsworth, NYJuly 25, 2017
Like any other organization. The immediate management team can make or break your career. I've worked with several Officers and have seen the great to the not so great.
enjoyable life experience
Worker comp and DOT (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 24, 2017
learned the value of being able to work together to get the mission done. team and getting to know each other is what makes this job one of the best ones out there
Waste of time, honestly
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 24, 2017
Being in the military has given me certain skills that I probably would not have obtained otherwise. The military also sucked up a huge portion of my life and really never gave anything back to me other than a slight edge up on the police department.
excellent career
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2017
the typical work day consist of getting trained to be prepare for any situation that will occur on a daily routine basis. the management was trained efficiently as well as the soldiers in the installation.
A great service to work in.
Allied Trade Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warner RObins GAJuly 24, 2017
The Army Reserves provides a great stepping stone to many other civilian careers. Army Leadership is the best around.I've Learned how to be a leader from some of the greatest leadership schools in the military.
Daily Training
Assistant transport A.T. (Annual Training) (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 24, 2017
From the time we get there till the time we leave we are up and about expanding our knowledge with different training and situations to prepare us for everyday events.
Pros
Things that can help us with everyday situations.
Cons
healthcare
government
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2017
one weekend a month, service oriented. working toward a common goal of keeping all americans safe domestically and abroad. humanitarian missions are common.
it was fun
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYJuly 24, 2017
I would recommend that if you are wanting to go into the army to just go active and not do the reserves because the experience is completely different.
Challining and rewarding
Sergeant First Class (Current Employee) –  MultipuleJuly 23, 2017
The army will let you go as far as you want to go. You are the only person who will hold you back. It is a case pace challenging career!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Security
Us army reserve
Chattanooga TN Engineer Company (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 23, 2017
One of the best place to work for. I will do it over and over again.Room for advancement as well as opportunity to learn from some of the best in their domain.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5