U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,498 reviews matching the search
Fun
Soldier (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAJuly 25, 2017
I am stationed at the only Force Provider unit in the entire military. So, that is about the only plus, otherwise it is about the same as any other unit.
Pros
Serve my country
Cons
Lots of cleaning
Needed
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2017
I learned alot during my term in the army. I believe that for a person coming from a poor family and is not going to college after high school or doesn't have a job for 6 mos after should enlist. No way they are going to learn the life skills that they'll need without guidance and assistance.
weekend drill once a month
Army Reserve-ammunition specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 25, 2017
started with formation roll call. separated our platoons into job classification. continued with training, maintaining equipment. physical training one day each month with the company.
Pros
great working with many people. got to travel to parts of the world.
Cons
boring times at the unit not enough time at the shooting range
Its only good as your leadership
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Wadsworth, NYJuly 25, 2017
Like any other organization. The immediate management team can make or break your career. I've worked with several Officers and have seen the great to the not so great.
enjoyable life experience
Worker comp and DOT (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 24, 2017
learned the value of being able to work together to get the mission done. team and getting to know each other is what makes this job one of the best ones out there
Waste of time, honestly
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 24, 2017
Being in the military has given me certain skills that I probably would not have obtained otherwise. The military also sucked up a huge portion of my life and really never gave anything back to me other than a slight edge up on the police department.
excellent career
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2017
the typical work day consist of getting trained to be prepare for any situation that will occur on a daily routine basis. the management was trained efficiently as well as the soldiers in the installation.
A great service to work in.
Allied Trade Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warner RObins GAJuly 24, 2017
The Army Reserves provides a great stepping stone to many other civilian careers. Army Leadership is the best around.I've Learned how to be a leader from some of the greatest leadership schools in the military.
Daily Training
Assistant transport A.T. (Annual Training) (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 24, 2017
From the time we get there till the time we leave we are up and about expanding our knowledge with different training and situations to prepare us for everyday events.
Pros
Things that can help us with everyday situations.
Cons
healthcare
government
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2017
one weekend a month, service oriented. working toward a common goal of keeping all americans safe domestically and abroad. humanitarian missions are common.
it was fun
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYJuly 24, 2017
I would recommend that if you are wanting to go into the army to just go active and not do the reserves because the experience is completely different.
Challining and rewarding
Sergeant First Class (Current Employee) –  MultipuleJuly 23, 2017
The army will let you go as far as you want to go. You are the only person who will hold you back. It is a case pace challenging career!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Security
Us army reserve
Chattanooga TN Engineer Company (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 23, 2017
One of the best place to work for. I will do it over and over again.Room for advancement as well as opportunity to learn from some of the best in their domain.
very nice job
Logistic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALJuly 22, 2017
great career and meet new people from different parts of the world and great benifits. To me the jobs in the military isn't hard at all, you have to listen and pay attention to your instructor and your co-workers.
Very fun and productive experience
Bridge Crewmember (Current Employee) –  Barling, ARJuly 22, 2017
During training I learned many different pieces to 3 different bridges. I got to work with explosives as well I loved that part the most! But because of my height and weight I wasn't able to pick up some bridge pieces, they weighed too much for me, I still helped! The small things matter.
Pros
Helps you build communication skills etc.
Cons
Heavy Equipment
n/a
Human Resources Specialist (HR Sergeant) (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 21, 2017
noninvasive emergency procedures performed to assist in the immediate survival of a patient, including cardiopulmonary resuscitation, hemorrhage control, stabilization of fractures, spinal immobilization, and basic first aid. Some of these procedures can be lifesaving and are often important to implement early. Specifically in the case of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and defibrillation with automatic external defibrillators (AEDs), BLS procedures can have a significant impact on survival, and are typically delivered by initial responders (sometimes referred to as first-responders) until more advanced and definitive medical care can be implemented. BLS is typically provided by either first responders or emergency medical technician (EMT)-basics
Army Reserves
Unit Supply Specialist Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 21, 2017
A typical day at work.
What I learned?
Workplace Culture.
The hardest part of the job was boot camp.
The most enjoyable of the job was meeting new people.
A great experience overall
Signal Support Systems Specialist (25U) (Current Employee) –  Statham, GAJuly 21, 2017
I enjoy going to drill every month. Still being able to participate in Army life while still maintaining a civilian life is great. Coming in to the unit every month gives a great sense of purpose.
Perfect if you don't want to join the military
Ammunition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVJuly 20, 2017
Perfect if you don't want to join the military. You may literally get paid to sit on a couch and read magazines, or watch people take multiple attempts to put up a tent out of boredom.
Hooah
Senior Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time in the Reserves, we deployed to Egypt and El Salvador, each mission was to either build facilities for US troops or schools/medical facilities for the local population.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5