U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,016 reviews matching the search
Great way to serve
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sloan, NVFebruary 25, 2017
There is nothing more honorable than serving your country. I enjoy working under the US Army and representing the flag of my nation.
loved it great choice
PVT (Former Employee) –  New Columbia, PAFebruary 24, 2017
was worth the time and hard work and all the training. all of my sergeants were amazing and looked after me and seen that i was not only taken care of but challenged and pushed farther.
Pros
worth every moment
Cons
life choice takes a lot of time
United States Army Reserve
Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 24, 2017
Work day varies based on your job.

I have learned about management and team work.

Hardest part of the job is balincing my business with the Army.
Benefits
Cons
Can interupt business.
Deeply Rewarding Experience
E-4 - Water Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAFebruary 23, 2017
Serving in the United States Military fulfils the desire to be a part of something bigger than one's self. I am not only serving myself but my family as well as my country. As a reservist, I am committed to working for one weekend a month and two weeks out of the summer for the Army. However, much more time is dedicated beyond those days both in and out of uniform. I consider the best parts of the job the life experience gained from undergoing months of rigorous training as well as being a part of a loyal military family. The hours are long and the work is hard, but the emotional gratification makes the commitment well worth it.
Pros
Amazing co-workers, important life experience, pride for one's work, free lunch
Cons
Long hours, heavy commitment, frequent miscommunications
Fun place to work
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2017
The reserves helped gave me the skills to succeed in my professional and personal life. I would recommend a position there to anyone.
Skills
IT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Various locationsFebruary 22, 2017
Army Reserve will give you skills to incorporate in your full time job. I was able to gain additional skills when I transitioned out of active duty, as well as networking with other reservists to find civilian jobs.
Pros
Skills
A great work experience
(a) Bridge-building technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WV 26330February 22, 2017
I served three years in the U.S. Army Reserves before my enlisted was up, and I received an honorable discharge. While in, I worked with a lot of great people and learned to drive a CBT truck.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Undermanning
The US Army reserve is an actual job.
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 21, 2017
People often think I volunteer when I say that I am in the Army Reserve. I went to Basic Training and learned all the fundamentals of being a SOLDIER. I only work 1 weekend out of the month and 2 weeks out of the year, unless needed in a combat setting.
barracks was great
medical supply specialist (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAFebruary 21, 2017
keep a count of medical supplies whats perishable what to refrigerate etc.culuture was good and relaxed hardest part not mixing up the medicine most enjoyable the travel and meeting people all over the country
Pros
travel people
Cons
wars
Productive at all times
12W CARPENTRY AND MASONRY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 21, 2017
I cant tell you that we build things everyday unless youre in ait, but if you enjoy making and learning a thing or two of construction than this shall be perfect for you. Just remember its an overall army and you wont be doing this every day.
Its the Military
Heavy equipment operator, Bulldozers, BHL (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 21, 2017
With this review just like any, i believe that working with the military is an awesome experience, id recommend everyone to join the military it betters everyone in some way shape or form.
Strong Discipline and Teamwork
Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 20, 2017
Mastered discipline, leadership and teamwork while in a military environment. This career helped me set high goals for myself and reach for the highest marks.
Army Reserve
Terminal Operator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 20, 2017
Really due to the type of job I do there really isn't much that can be done in the allotted time we have most of the time the days are spent filling out much need computer work.
I have learned many things
again the hardest part of the job is separating Military from civilian
In the end I would do it all over again
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 20, 2017
The Army is the greatest branch in the military. If I would have thought my decision through, I would have gone active duty because the benefits and pay are both better in Active duty.
Hard working and clean
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 20, 2017
That's what the reserves taught me to be, hard working and clean. I had my mishaps with the Army but overall it wasn't a terrible experience.
It is what you make it...
Multimedia Illustrator/ PSYOP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 19, 2017
It is what you make it depending on the company your get stuck with. I went through three commanders who were all pretty corrupt in how they handled being a leader. I was very turned off from the beginning and had a hard time feeling like I was doing any good. I did learn a lot though and made some great friends. We stuck together and that always made it better.
Most exciting job of my career
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 19, 2017
This job was very enlightening and exciting. It allows you the chance to travel and see our great nation. It is only one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer.
Pros
Travel for free
Indeed Review
Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NC 28310February 18, 2017
Cant this be anything but nerve-wrecking. If you want to know about the job go sign up other then that I can't help you. The company was a company.
Discipline work environment
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 17, 2017
A typical day at work is well scheduled and informed about what we are doing that day.
The environment is diverse in culture. You see soldiers from different background.
The training help build good physical and mental strength.
PT every morning is the best part of the work that I like.
benefits
Cons
pay
Not a good place to work unless you have the benefit of being a civilian employee
Army Reserve Headquarters Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 17, 2017
Office culture is terrible. There's no training for contractors. Very little direction and guidance is given. Contactors are treated very poorly. I was hired into a position description that did not reflect in any way what my job responsibilities were.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5