U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

its the reserves
Specialist/Heavy Decon Technician (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKOctober 18, 2017
If you are applying to enlist in the army reserves there are much better places to do your research than this. speak to a recruiter and not angry former servicemen online
You get what you put in to it.
88M-Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lyon, MSOctober 18, 2017
The Army is not for everyone but, if you are willing to listen and learn your job and be disrespectful you can and will go a long way. I had a hard time adjusting to the military life but if you keep an open mind things will work out.
Amazing opportunity worldwide
SUPPLY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 17, 2017
A great experience to travel the world. Always meeting new people and learning new experiences. Free PT and great health care benefits. The hardest part is leaving family behind. The most enjoyable is traveling and learning about other cultures.
Great networking opportunites
Senior Imagery Analyst/Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAOctober 17, 2017
A plethora of opportunities to network. People in the reserves come from different backgrounds socially and professionally. You can gain a lot of knowledge from reservists. There are also plenty of opportunities to excel. Promotions are not hard to come by.
Motorpool
EQUIPMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fort Thomas, KYOctober 16, 2017
Not a great deal of work experience. Part-time in the Army Reserve is one to two days a month participation. Initial day assisted other service members in downloading weapons and equipment from a recent field activity. Last, month attended a retirement class on benefits, and updated annual training.
Pros
Life Insurance and college benefits
Cons
Not enough money in the Army Reserve
Army Reserve
Patient Administration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAOctober 16, 2017
The Army Reserve has been a great team to serve with. The hardest part of the job is the "Hurry up and Wait" part. The most enjoyable was working with great leaders and members.
Average
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCOctober 16, 2017
An Average Military Job. Drive 2 and a half hours to get there for the weekend sit down and talk about life all day because no work is provided. The gas station nearby is pretty good for snacks.
If you haven't done anything else yet.
E-4 Corporal (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 16, 2017
It's a place to learn about the intricacies of high-level operation. a wide variety of skills for you to learn and become proficient in. If you find yourself in a place where you are not seeing a positive outcome, make sure you make those changes for yourself quickly. Others will look out for themselves.
Great Place
Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 13, 2017
Great place to work. Proud to serve alongside of my soldiers. Reserves is more difficult in active duty being that you have a civilian life and career to handle on top of military obligations but it is worth it.
Love working for our country
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAOctober 13, 2017
I love being apart of the military. I am a chaplain assistant and love being able to connect with soldiers in a deeper level. I enjoy going to work and I enjoy the people I work with .
Its the army
honor guard and SGT of the guard (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCOctober 13, 2017
See your local recruiter, as the USAR and US Army have changed much since I got out. I recommend that you speak to former members of the US Armed forces about their experiences as that may be the best source of information about joining. Do your research before speaking to a recruiter.
Best experience of my life
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 13, 2017
I joined to serve my country and to provide for my family. I got to travel, learn about about new technology I never thought possible. It's a great place to work for those who are adventurous.
No better place to find Comradery
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Devens, MAOctober 12, 2017
Opens incredible opportunities up through the service of your nation while also building life long professional and personal ties to those you work with
benefits
Cons
long term commitment(years)
Meeting people
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYOctober 12, 2017
I loved the job, it was very rewarding. It kept me structure and focused on all task given to me. It made me proud to be able to serve my Country. I am a very proud Veteran..
Pros
Meeting good friends for life
Its the U.S. Military
88N Transportation Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South El Monte, CAOctober 12, 2017
As you would expect it is highly disciplined but enjoyable. I would recommend this to anyone especially those that are straight out of high school or someone who desires to serve this country...
A good place to start.
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  700 South Quaker Lane, West Hartford, CtOctober 12, 2017
The Army Reserves is a good place for a young person like me to start. It tea he's you discipline and prepares you for the world. It's hard work and challenging but rewarding in the end.
There is no better career choice for the benefits.
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 12, 2017
The military definitely increased my work output. Of course everyone was like family. I got to travel and see new people as well as experience new cultures.
It's the Army. If you can hack it, you'll learn great things.
25U Signal Support System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAOctober 12, 2017
I do not regret training in the slightest. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. Sadly, I made the mistake of joining a reserve unit who rarely did anything, and things that were done were catered to the main body of the company.
Straightforward
Water Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lock Haven, PA 17745October 12, 2017
With the Army Reserve, you're there to train. Make yourself busy so you're not wasting time. Always bring your best self and prepare at home before going to post. Stay organized.
Pros
Affordable Healthcare, Help with school finance
Cons
Unorganized Management
Great Experiance
Staff Operations and Training Specialist - GS-09 (Current Employee) –  Ft. Irwin, CAOctober 11, 2017
It has been a great experience. I look forward to the next chapter in my life. I have learned several positive traits that will assist me moving forward.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5