U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,005 reviews matching the search
Strong Discipline and Teamwork
Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 20, 2017
Mastered discipline, leadership and teamwork while in a military environment. This career helped me set high goals for myself and reach for the highest marks.
Army Reserve
Terminal Operator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 20, 2017
Really due to the type of job I do there really isn't much that can be done in the allotted time we have most of the time the days are spent filling out much need computer work.
I have learned many things
again the hardest part of the job is separating Military from civilian
In the end I would do it all over again
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 20, 2017
The Army is the greatest branch in the military. If I would have thought my decision through, I would have gone active duty because the benefits and pay are both better in Active duty.
Hard working and clean
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 20, 2017
That's what the reserves taught me to be, hard working and clean. I had my mishaps with the Army but overall it wasn't a terrible experience.
It is what you make it...
Multimedia Illustrator/ PSYOP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 19, 2017
It is what you make it depending on the company your get stuck with. I went through three commanders who were all pretty corrupt in how they handled being a leader. I was very turned off from the beginning and had a hard time feeling like I was doing any good. I did learn a lot though and made some great friends. We stuck together and that always made it better.
Most exciting job of my career
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 19, 2017
This job was very enlightening and exciting. It allows you the chance to travel and see our great nation. It is only one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer.
Pros
Travel for free
Indeed Review
Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NC 28310February 18, 2017
Cant this be anything but nerve-wrecking. If you want to know about the job go sign up other then that I can't help you. The company was a company.
Discipline work environment
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 17, 2017
A typical day at work is well scheduled and informed about what we are doing that day.
The environment is diverse in culture. You see soldiers from different background.
The training help build good physical and mental strength.
PT every morning is the best part of the work that I like.
benefits
Cons
pay
Not a good place to work unless you have the benefit of being a civilian employee
Army Reserve Headquarters Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 17, 2017
Office culture is terrible. There's no training for contractors. Very little direction and guidance is given. Contactors are treated very poorly. I was hired into a position description that did not reflect in any way what my job responsibilities were.
Great experience serving my counrty
Hand receipt holder (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 16, 2017
My job as a 92Y (unit supply specialist) was to supply all soldiers in my company with the equipment needed to do their duties efficiently.
Part of the best team America has to offer
Anesthetist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 16, 2017
Being in the military means being surrounded by hard working, mission focused team you could ever want. I never ceased to learn from the soldiers who worked with me as I lead them.
Ability to become a leader and motivate Soldiers
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fort Totten, NYFebruary 15, 2017
The United States Army allows you to become a leader. You can provide leadership, direction, and motivation for your Soldiers. You learn discipline as well.
Great alternative to college
Honorably served as Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 15, 2017
An excellent transition for young people in need of direction. It reinforced and taught valuable life skills. While learning to serve and protect the nation, developed confidence and a sense of self pride.
Pros
Secure and educational.
Cons
Time is most often beyond self control.
Us Army
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOFebruary 15, 2017
Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
Ensure all personnel have end user connectivity to the network
Install new Cat6 Cable
Create and maintain accounts and workstations in Active Directory
N/a
Fuel Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 14, 2017
Petroleum Supply Specialist for more than a year. I Went in Fort Lee, Virginia for school and I have been working in Franklin
Do it.
Psychological Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAFebruary 14, 2017
I already reviewed this job but it was a good place and I would do it again. Going to war allowed me to receive the GI bill to help me in school and in that vein it was the right decision.
Fast paced, dedicated environment.
12N Horizontal Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAFebruary 14, 2017
Enjoyable as it was rewarding and an experience worth having under your belt. Taught me the meaning of dedication, a hard days work, organization, and putting the needs of others before yourself.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
none.
Army Officer
Troop Commander (Former Employee) –  Lexington/IraqFebruary 14, 2017
Other than marrying my wife, the best decision i ever made. The Army Reserve motivated me, frustrated me and everything i in between. I was given the opportunity to serve in Iraq for 1 year and it was an amazing experience.
US Military Service
Licensed Practical Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAFebruary 13, 2017
I served the American people and defended the freedoms of the American way. I engaged in peace keeping missions in various locations through out the world.
Pros
Pride in Service to my country
Cons
Sacrifices of personal time with family and friends.
Weekend Warrior
Cargo Specialist / E-4 (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2017
I drill monthly and 2+ weeks during the summer, allowing me to receive Army benefits and training while having a fairly normal civilian life. I've met some of the most interesting people and trained on the coolest equipment I ever thought possible.
Pros
Free food, good training and great people
Cons
Property of USAR

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5