U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 3,999 reviews matching the search
Indeed Review
Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NC 28310February 18, 2017
Cant this be anything but nerve-wrecking. If you want to know about the job go sign up other then that I can't help you. The company was a company.
Discipline work environment
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 17, 2017
A typical day at work is well scheduled and informed about what we are doing that day.
The environment is diverse in culture. You see soldiers from different background.
The training help build good physical and mental strength.
PT every morning is the best part of the work that I like.
benefits
Cons
pay
Not a good place to work unless you have the benefit of being a civilian employee
Army Reserve Headquarters Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 17, 2017
Office culture is terrible. There's no training for contractors. Very little direction and guidance is given. Contactors are treated very poorly. I was hired into a position description that did not reflect in any way what my job responsibilities were.
Great experience serving my counrty
Hand receipt holder (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 16, 2017
My job as a 92Y (unit supply specialist) was to supply all soldiers in my company with the equipment needed to do their duties efficiently.
Part of the best team America has to offer
Anesthetist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 16, 2017
Being in the military means being surrounded by hard working, mission focused team you could ever want. I never ceased to learn from the soldiers who worked with me as I lead them.
Ability to become a leader and motivate Soldiers
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fort Totten, NYFebruary 15, 2017
The United States Army allows you to become a leader. You can provide leadership, direction, and motivation for your Soldiers. You learn discipline as well.
Great alternative to college
Honorably served as Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 15, 2017
An excellent transition for young people in need of direction. It reinforced and taught valuable life skills. While learning to serve and protect the nation, developed confidence and a sense of self pride.
Pros
Secure and educational.
Cons
Time is most often beyond self control.
Us Army
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOFebruary 15, 2017
Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
Ensure all personnel have end user connectivity to the network
Install new Cat6 Cable
Create and maintain accounts and workstations in Active Directory
N/a
Fuel Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 14, 2017
Petroleum Supply Specialist for more than a year. I Went in Fort Lee, Virginia for school and I have been working in Franklin
Do it.
Psychological Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAFebruary 14, 2017
I already reviewed this job but it was a good place and I would do it again. Going to war allowed me to receive the GI bill to help me in school and in that vein it was the right decision.
Fast paced, dedicated environment.
12N Horizontal Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAFebruary 14, 2017
Enjoyable as it was rewarding and an experience worth having under your belt. Taught me the meaning of dedication, a hard days work, organization, and putting the needs of others before yourself.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
none.
Army Officer
Troop Commander (Former Employee) –  Lexington/IraqFebruary 14, 2017
Other than marrying my wife, the best decision i ever made. The Army Reserve motivated me, frustrated me and everything i in between. I was given the opportunity to serve in Iraq for 1 year and it was an amazing experience.
US Military Service
Licensed Practical Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAFebruary 13, 2017
I served the American people and defended the freedoms of the American way. I engaged in peace keeping missions in various locations through out the world.
Pros
Pride in Service to my country
Cons
Sacrifices of personal time with family and friends.
Weekend Warrior
Cargo Specialist / E-4 (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2017
I drill monthly and 2+ weeks during the summer, allowing me to receive Army benefits and training while having a fairly normal civilian life. I've met some of the most interesting people and trained on the coolest equipment I ever thought possible.
Pros
Free food, good training and great people
Cons
Property of USAR
Excellent job training
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Gillem, GAFebruary 12, 2017
Great training for jobs in the civilian work force. Leadership schools help to develop great professional skills, requires you to work independently for physical discipline.
Need to improve the management
Wheeled vehicle mechanic (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAFebruary 11, 2017
Need to improve the management, make and implemented the drills schedules. Better have more communication throughout the chain of command
Motivated group of soldiers
42A Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEFebruary 10, 2017
Motivated group of soldiers always working to get the best out of each other
I've learned to work as a team in a diverse group of people
Management has an open door policy and everyone loves it because it can be extremely important to keep information confidential
Great place to start a career and education
Sergeant. Signal Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsFebruary 10, 2017
US Army reserves provides part time opportunity to Serve your county while growing your education and work experience. Receive a number of benefits Tangible and untangle.
Pros
Part time ork providing finances for college
Cons
Possibility of deployment.
Productive and professional work ethic and environment.
Historian (Former Employee) –  Atlanta and Fayetteville , NCFebruary 10, 2017
I have 30 years of exceptionaly rewarding experience working with proficient and professional Department of the Army civilians and US Army soldiers.
It was an interesting and fulfilling part of my life.
JAG Captain (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 9, 2017
The military is a great place to serve your country and meet people from all parts of the country. The dedication to service from the service members is awe inspiring especially when you consider that it isn't their full time career.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5