U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,297 reviews matching the search
United States Army Reserve
Cargo Specialist (88H) (Current Employee) –  Statham, GAMay 26, 2017
I have been a soldier now for 4 years and I love the Army Reserves. It gives me the ability to be a soldier as well as a civillian. It allows me the ability to have a separate life outside of the military and to do things included in that.
Pros
Great people, great benefits
Cons
not always fun and easy
Great Benefits
88H (Cargo Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMay 26, 2017
The reserves was a great place to get career building skills. You are able to continue as a civilian and earn benefits from the military. Reserves were one weekend out of each month and then a two week training period each year.
Its the army
soldier (Current Employee) –  usaMay 26, 2017
well its the army they pay you for everything you do which is nothing shy of amazing. you met wonderful people and travel all over the world. The Us military is extremely rewarding
Maintain a safe and secure environment for civilians
Chemical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2017
• Assist in reconnaissance and decontamination of any CBRN
(chemical) attack
• Maintain a safe and secure environment for civilians and
soldiers
Very stress jobs
Senior Human Resource NCO (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 26, 2017
A typical day at work is ensuring U.S. Army Reserve members are getting the training that is required for them to be alert, trained and team player. I enjoyed working with members and helping them succeed in their position
Pros
Benefits, pay, traveling
Cons
A way from family members
great
Water Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 25, 2017
I love the army and every moment i get to be in it. im always surrounded by a lot of great people and i will never regret the day i joined. I recommend joining the army
Proud to be serving the Country
Medic (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 25, 2017
Very productive and fun loving working environment where different ethnic background soldier come together as a team to defend the interest of the United States and her people
One weekend a month but worth it in the right unit
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Totten, NYMay 25, 2017
As long as you have the right training to perform your job, everything is pretty much easy. At the right unit they will always find something for you to do every drill.
People are great. Management not so much.
88M Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 25, 2017
Great place to become part of a family. Some NCO's do their job and take responsibility for their mistakes, while others pass down the blame on the lower enlisted.
good branch to serve in
INTERNMENT/RESETTLEMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Elkhorn, NEMay 25, 2017
I am an Army Reservist. It is a great branch of service to be in. You can work your civilian job as well as serve in the military. It only requires one weekend a month, 2 weeks a year, and possible deployments.
Amazing Experience.
Human Resources Specialist, Combat Lifesaver (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAMay 24, 2017
I love serving in the Army Reserve. There's amazing opportunities, promotion chances, and it's an overall great experience.in addition, I'd recommend it to anyone eligible.
US Army Reserves is awesome!
Biomedical Technician (68A) (Former Employee) –  Seagoville, TXMay 24, 2017
US Army Reserves is a great company to work for! There is a lot of opportunity to move up as a biomedical technician. They are determined to help refine your skills as a biomed.
Part-time work
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMay 23, 2017
The reserves did not demand much of you and was very part time work. The culture is similar to Active Duty but a lot less loyalty and concern for the soldiers.
US Army Resever
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort HoodMay 23, 2017
The US Army Reserve is a great way to serve your country. I was a UH-60 mechanic working on Blackhawk helicopters. It's not the most fun job in the world, but you will meet people from every walk of life and travel to some of the worst places on earth, but it's fun making new friends.
Duty
Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMay 23, 2017
Working in the Army Reserve is a humbling experience. You must be prepared to move in a moments notice. It will test your patience and your commitment to service.While There are many things one could grumble about being in the armed services, the satisfaction and honor of serving outweighs them all.
Pros
food, water, shelter
Cons
no sleep, hurry up and wait
One weekend
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 23, 2017
An easy pay check. You show up to the weekend drill, do your job for the whole weekend (usually 8am to 5pm each day). Most weekend drills we have scheduled classes, so you may not even get a chance to do your job for one day or both. The pay is ok, the benefits are better.
Pros
Military retirements, college funds, paid tuition, bonuses, advancement
Cons
1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year, no medical/dental
A great part time job!
12M Firefighter (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 23, 2017
The Army Reserve has given me the opportunity to serve my country while also working on my civilian career. I've found myself under great leadership while also receiving training that translates into a civilian career field.
Depends on where you go
68W Health Care Specialist (Combat Medic) (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 22, 2017
Command climate incredibly dependent on where you are stationed. Currently serving under one so toxic the EPA should investigate.
Performance punishment seems to be Army wide so if you get really good and proficient at your job, you will be rewarded with the additional work load of the jerk who never does his. Congrats!
Great for advancement and furthing your career either military or civilian
Cargo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOMay 22, 2017
Great opportunities for advancement. Security. Benefits. Great way to balance your military life and civilian life to fit your needs. Many opportunities to help further your career.
Pros
Advancemnt
Cons
Getting called out of state
A great place to learn about yourself
Battalion Logistical Officer (Security Clearance) (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 22, 2017
I think every young adult should spend time in the military. Army Reserves have many benefits for members and it a great place to learn to work as a team. If I could I would joined again!
Pros
Friendships that you have for life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5