U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 3,923 reviews matching the search
An excellent way to continue serving your country.
Perioperative Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 19, 2017
The Army Reserves is a great way to serve your country and find balance with a home life as well. We receive relevant trainings that applies to our job description in the Army and apply critical-thinking skills that help to ensure efficient patient care domestically and during deployments or humanitarian missions. The role in the Army Reserves is all about how you foresee career advancements and opportunities for leadership and command goals.
Pros
Excellent benefits, several opportunities for career advancement, and camaraderie among fellow soldiers.
Cons
Driving 2.5 hours to drill monthly can be disheartening.
Reserves
Human Resource Specialist/Postal Operations (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Good job of importance that gives flexibility for students. Teaches individuals integrity, discipline, and honor in service. Definitely recommend high school students with no path in mind to give this a try. One of the best experiences of my life.
Travel and experience
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 19, 2017
I am glad for having the experience of joining the military. It is something that has made me the person that I am today. Some times I wish that I had gone active duty so that I could have seen other areas of the world.
Great work place habits developed with team work skills attributing to workplace
12b Combat engineer (Current Employee) –  Belton, MOJanuary 18, 2017
Great leadership development potential, as well as work place habits instilled. Best camaraderie of anywhere I've ever had an opportunity to work with. Getting paid to shoot guns, work out, and be with your best friends is honestly nothing close to what the real world can offer.
Benefits
Cons
Work life and home balance
logistical specialists
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 18, 2017
Army Logistics specialist
In charge of supply chain for over 150+ soliders
Responsible for tracking shipments
Responsible for solider trainings
Follow army regulations regarding inventory counts
Pros
compensation was ok
Cons
deployments and work life balance
Great work hours
Drill Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJanuary 17, 2017
The Army Reserves is a great opportunity to build a little character and discipline. The hours are great for the amount of pay you receive . If you want a chance to travel for free, give it a try.
Military
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I've learned many things being in the military that being said education and family were the main things the military drilled into us
in which i learned a lot from forklift driving to light mechanic and a fuel tech
Pros
Military Benifits
Cons
Long Tours
A great experience.
Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2017
The army reserves is a great experience. You get a chance during your initial entry training to experience active duty life, which was a blast for me. In the reserves it offers you a chance to be a solider part time and be a student full time as well. If you decide you want to go active after basic and AIT then you def can go to your chain of command and try and get an early release form filled out and approved to go active.
Pros
Benefits, Fun, Life Experiences, Meeting great people and leaders
great
NUTRITION CARE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Oversees unit nutritional guidelines and standards for food procurement and preparation
Coordinates with dieticians to modify diets as indicated by menu and production worksheets.
Unforgettable Life Experience
384th MP Battalion (OIF) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 17, 2017
A deployment to other country (especially a combat zone) is one of the greatest life experiences I have had. You really get to know the people you are deployed with and even those you don't know very well; by the end of it they are still your brother or sister.
Great Experience
Motor Transport Operator (88M) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2017
I love my job in the Army Reserves. Im always driven to do my best. I love to drive. and i love being around my brothers and sisters. I stay motivated.
They give you many tools, its up to you to use them.
Health Care Specialist (Medic) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2017
The military is great, you get what you put in. Expect culture shock, homesickness, and great achievement. They give you many tools, its up to you to use them.
mentally strengthening
HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2017
The army has strengthened me in so many ways. I left for the army as a young boy, but the army has exposed me to so may different kinda of people. I have been in so many situations where they challenge my brain differently.
Great training and oppurtunity for personal development
Military Police (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAJanuary 15, 2017
I have matured a great deal as a person and as a professional throughout the course of my enlistment. My drive to succeed and my attention to detail has increased exponentially. I have formed lifelong friendships through the brotherhood that is the US Military.
US army reserve
HVAC Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2017
Great place to build leader ship. The US Army Has introduce me to hard work, and loyalty. What i like about the US army reserves is team building.
Pros
Do something good for your country
Cons
A lot of your time will be taken
Productive Background
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 13, 2017
Pretty stress free tasks
Physical Training in the AM
Followed by different assignments we may need to start or complete
Some weekends are filled with outside training
Great work environment that teaches a lot of life skills
CBRN Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 13, 2017
Overall the Military is a great experience with a lot of opportunities and awesome benefits. You definitely get out of it what you put in. Sometimes you may run into some people who don't really look out for other soldiers but for the most part people will generally help you out with anything you need.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Inconsistent Management
I love being a soldier
92Y Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 12, 2017
Great benefits from the army. something ive always destined to do. During active duty the pay was great, I would never regret going.
Great job, great benefits
Sergeant E-5 (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 12, 2017
I've been in the Army Reserves going on 10 years. Working to get my Staff Sergeant E-6 this Summer. As an interior electrician I learned the codes to wire up houses and commercial buildings.
Supply Supervisor/Logistician (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Being in the military tests your limits, capabilities and pushes you beyond your limits. Supervising and mentoring my soldiers is the best job I could ask for. Knowledge is power.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5