U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

tired in the end
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 22, 2017
I was a reservist and drilled on the weekends. i did it for eight years and was so ready to leave by the time my contrat was up. it was a cool experience but i wouldnt do it again
Pros
jobs never gave me slack about performing my duties
Cons
contract was way too long
be all you can be
Vehicle maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAOctober 21, 2017
us army reserve component is a good place to start from and have opportunity for any thing else you want to accomplish. the slogan is " be all you can be"
Pros
courage
Cons
war
fun
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Camp Bullis, TXOctober 21, 2017
The army reserves is pretty fun but its mostly nothing but online training and you rarely do whats required for your mos but for the most part its a good experience.
Life long friendships
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 21, 2017
How to pmcs and take good car of our truck and they are always mission ready they taught me how to ask for help when its needed help when a emergency arises
Pros
Leadership
Cons
10 mile walks
Service and benefit/ only part time
DOD Biomedical Equipment Maintenance Sergeant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 21, 2017
Although it is part time work it has great benefit but need additional income . A typical work day is full of training and preparation for a mission. great job to go to school while working.
25N - Nodal Network Systems Operator-Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAOctober 19, 2017
The army reserve overworks and under pays soldiers. Officers are unaware of regulations and policies and they end up habitually violating policies to the detriment of their subordinates.
not to bad
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCOctober 19, 2017
This was the best place i ever work. It was very organized and offer advancement. The managers didn't bother you as long as you got the work done. I would recommend them to anyone.
skills
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAOctober 18, 2017
gave extensive training in a specific job skill which would assist you in your personal goal after military life, also allowed for advancement better than that of private sector
Pros
training, skilled personnel, advancement
Cons
you have no choice of locations of assignment
The best job you'll love to hate
Medic/Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 18, 2017
Shouldn't have to write a summary for the military! Great friends, sucky times, and great career advancement opportunities! Everyone should join the reserves!
its the reserves
Specialist/Heavy Decon Technician (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKOctober 18, 2017
If you are applying to enlist in the army reserves there are much better places to do your research than this. speak to a recruiter and not angry former servicemen online
You get what you put in to it.
88M-Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lyon, MSOctober 18, 2017
The Army is not for everyone but, if you are willing to listen and learn your job and be disrespectful you can and will go a long way. I had a hard time adjusting to the military life but if you keep an open mind things will work out.
Amazing opportunity worldwide
SUPPLY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 17, 2017
A great experience to travel the world. Always meeting new people and learning new experiences. Free PT and great health care benefits. The hardest part is leaving family behind. The most enjoyable is traveling and learning about other cultures.
Great networking opportunites
Senior Imagery Analyst/Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAOctober 17, 2017
A plethora of opportunities to network. People in the reserves come from different backgrounds socially and professionally. You can gain a lot of knowledge from reservists. There are also plenty of opportunities to excel. Promotions are not hard to come by.
Motorpool
EQUIPMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fort Thomas, KYOctober 16, 2017
Not a great deal of work experience. Part-time in the Army Reserve is one to two days a month participation. Initial day assisted other service members in downloading weapons and equipment from a recent field activity. Last, month attended a retirement class on benefits, and updated annual training.
Pros
Life Insurance and college benefits
Cons
Not enough money in the Army Reserve
Army Reserve
Patient Administration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAOctober 16, 2017
The Army Reserve has been a great team to serve with. The hardest part of the job is the "Hurry up and Wait" part. The most enjoyable was working with great leaders and members.
Average
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCOctober 16, 2017
An Average Military Job. Drive 2 and a half hours to get there for the weekend sit down and talk about life all day because no work is provided. The gas station nearby is pretty good for snacks.
If you haven't done anything else yet.
E-4 Corporal (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 16, 2017
It's a place to learn about the intricacies of high-level operation. a wide variety of skills for you to learn and become proficient in. If you find yourself in a place where you are not seeing a positive outcome, make sure you make those changes for yourself quickly. Others will look out for themselves.
Great Place
Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 13, 2017
Great place to work. Proud to serve alongside of my soldiers. Reserves is more difficult in active duty being that you have a civilian life and career to handle on top of military obligations but it is worth it.
Love working for our country
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAOctober 13, 2017
I love being apart of the military. I am a chaplain assistant and love being able to connect with soldiers in a deeper level. I enjoy going to work and I enjoy the people I work with .
Its the army
honor guard and SGT of the guard (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCOctober 13, 2017
See your local recruiter, as the USAR and US Army have changed much since I got out. I recommend that you speak to former members of the US Armed forces about their experiences as that may be the best source of information about joining. Do your research before speaking to a recruiter.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5