U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,178 reviews matching the search
Productive and Fun
Personnel Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 22, 2017
Great for getting you ready to go into Permanently
Great training
Supervisors was great
Hardest part of this job is being away from your family and friends during deployments and training sites
Benefits
great
Petroleum Supply Specialist (92F) (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 21, 2017
everything is great , awesome , i recommend this place. great service. every one is helpful and like to see you do great things. if you have any problems they would help asap
great opportunites
Combat Medic/Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beaver, WVApril 21, 2017
the army reserves offer great training that can transfer to the civilian job field and advancement into leadership roles with the army. take advantage of every opportunity presented to you.
Outstanding Efforts and Loyalty
Executive Secretary Commander of Health Battalion (Former Employee) –  RetiredApril 20, 2017
The camaraderie and support from fellow soldiers was fulfilling. I was happy for the teamwork and goals we accomplished together. I look forward to the challenges and overcoming obstacles.
Great people
Unit Administrative Technician (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaApril 20, 2017
I've worked with a lot of great people along the way. I got to travel. It has helped me get into federal work which transfers to other federal jobs. Health insurance is good as well.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
N/A
Private First Class (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 19, 2017
Being in the Army has given me many opportunities to grow in my career and continue to excel in the civilian and military world. The Army has provided the security I have needed to become the professional that I want to be.
Pros
A lot of room for achievement
Cons
limited on time for tasks
Productive and friendly atmosphere
92F Petroleum Specialist (Current Employee) –  Evans Mills, NYApril 19, 2017
A typical day at work consists of refueling vehicles and maintaining equipment to standard. At times it is very fast paced but we do get a little bit of a down time when all work is done in a professional manner. The environment is friendly as well as other co-workers. The experience is well worth it and you obtain knowledge, skills and education with the job as well as learning about other jobs.
Pros
Safe enviornment
Cons
Less training missions
not for the weak minded
89B Ammunition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRApril 19, 2017
long hours. the day starts early. bright side only a weekend a month. gotta be in shape body and mind. good gig if you end up dong 20 years of service or if not still payed schooling when in or out.
Great Pay Good Benefits
Information Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  VariousApril 19, 2017
Keeps you in shape, but requires you to make time sacrifice. Finding an employer that is military friendly helps. I would recommend for people who are single and are looking for something to do while they figure things out.
Pros
Free Training
Cons
Time Commitment
Army Strong
Platoon Sergeant/Financial Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 18, 2017
The Army Reserves affords the opportunity to work for your country while still maintaining a civilian life. You work with a wide variety of people with varying levels of expertise, to achieve a common goal. Training and leadership is provided and there are advancement opportunities.
Tough
Server (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 18, 2017
While I was fascinated by military life, I was unprepared to live it. I joined at a hard time in my life, just lost my Mom. Still love Military Life.
Pros
travel
Cons
some unfairness
Downhill
Company Commander (Current Employee) –  Peru, INApril 17, 2017
The army Reserve is not what it used to be. When I joined there was a sense of purpose and a commitment to do what is right. Now it is a lab for social experiments at our expense. Even the idea of winning has gone by the wayside.
Pros
Good pay for a weekend job
Cons
Expected to conform to the approved opinions even when they are totally off-base
It is a place where I got structure and meet lifetime friends.
Transportations Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 17, 2017
When I go to drill I do skills that pertain to firefighting and rescue.

I learned how to work as a team and about the chain of command.

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with other soldiers that didnt really want to be there,

I love to go out on the firetrucks and drive them. And learn more about them.
Never a dull moment
Ammo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 17, 2017
You're always working or learning a new skill. The only thing is that new soldiers tend to not listen and the older soldiers think they know too much.
good way to serve and continue education
Health Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAApril 17, 2017
This is a good way to serve your country and use the benefits that are provided to all veterans to further your education and advance your career. Overall it is a family with a lot of the same mindset and overall values.
The Army Reserve is horrible
Ndjdhd (Former Employee) –  HdhdbhddApril 16, 2017
The Soldiers are fat tur rds who can't pass a PT test or do their jobs, the pay is cra p, the benefits are cra p (if you can even qualify for any benefits), you get no respect (active duty and civilians think we're a joke), and they're starting to deploy reservists just as often as active duty, which means they'll scre w up your civilian career. Go active or don't bother.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Good
Broadcast Technician/Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDApril 16, 2017
Great experience. Good pay. Highly recommend to motivated individuals who are willing to work hard. Many opportunities for different jobs and travel. Best thing you could do.
Workplace was friendly and instructive
Mayor Pawnee Village (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COApril 16, 2017
Wonderful support for mayors and for soldiers and their families.
Training updates on a regular basis.
No micro-managing.
Accepting input from everyone and implementing changes where necessary.
Overall just a fabulous place to work.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with.
The Job
Combat Medic/Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 16, 2017
The army reserves is one of the most dysfunctional groups I have ever been a part of. With that said, Deployment was the best part of my career. I would have been deployed more offer if I hadn't gotten married.
Well Worth it!
Medical Laboratory Technician (68K) (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 15, 2017
Hard work pays off in the Army Reserve. When you expect things to just happen and come your way without hard work, you will fail at all your goals. Army strong!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5