U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,408 reviews matching the search
Good Workplace
42L Human Resources Management/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJune 27, 2017
*8 to 5 if there was no training taken place
*How to trust others and building relationships
*There was different styles of management
*Well Balanced
*Being in the field
*Traveling
Pros
Loved the travel
Cons
Changing Units
Discipline and Motivated Environment
Automated Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 26, 2017
We usually woke up at 4am, do personal hygiene. Then do some Physical Training from 5:30am to 7am. Work started at 9 am. We have to focus and give all we have in it. Try to stay motivated and keep ourselves discipline to keep the Army standard
Great postion
Medical Health Administrator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 26, 2017
The U.S. Army Reserve is great for someone who sill wants to have a career and go to school. they give great education benefits. You go to drill once a month on a weekend and two weeks out the summer.
best thing you can do for your future
Sergeant/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2017
Being a member of the U.S Army Reserves has had a positive impact in my life. There will be times where things might seem stressful, but rest assured with the right attitude and mindset you will learn to adapt and overcome and is the best way to open up a lot of areas of opportunities for the younger generation.
Pros
gives you the tools to succeed in your day to day life
Cons
Its what you make out of it
Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJune 26, 2017
must work throughout work week (unpaid) to prepare for weekend training days. hardest part of the job is to deal with uncertainties in schedule and mission. most enjoyable is to see your troops executing something together successfully.
Pros
great health and education benefits, great discounts
Cons
long days
military
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJune 25, 2017
Military values and working hard are the backbone of the United States Army. Work hard, always move with a purpose and have a great attention for detail.
Army Reserves
Specialist E-4 (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 25, 2017
Completed Basic Training and Advancement Individual Training. Served two weeks each summer and one weekend a month. Resigned due to working full time and family duties.
Pros
Built confidence
Cons
Time away from family
Best Career Ever
68D 92Y1H (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 25, 2017
100% Amazing. I love everything about my career as an USAR soldier actively drilling. From my assignments to my training. This is an awesome career path & it fits various individuals.
Pros
Work/Life, Compensation Benefits, Job Security, Management, State-side Deployments, Job Culture
Cons
Overseas Deployments, Commander-In-Chief
Hooah
Med. Log Nco (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJune 25, 2017
If you have a successful civilian career and would like military benefits, go reserve. If you are in need of employment go Active
The Army is a great experience.
Military Service
Land Combat Missile Systems Repairer (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 24, 2017
I joined the Army and after four years went to the Army Reserves. My job is primarily confidential and cannot give details. While in the reserves I trained soldiers in various military ways.
Being a Soldier in the Army Reserves
Human Resources Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 24, 2017
A typical day is a drill weekend once a month for Reservists. We have our normal monthly meeting and discuss everything going on during the weekend and what everyone needs to accomplish. I learned multiple things while being in the Army. Such as inventory management of your personal equipment and clothing and long with unit field equipment. I learned how to use Army online computer websites that the Army uses for all types of Human Resources needs to help take care of our Soldiers. I learned how to type up awards and rate myself with an Non-Commissioned Officer reviewing packet. Like a normal civilian companies review regarding a manager. The workplace culture is that your in an Army Reservist building and you are treated how a Soldier is treated. Hardest part is when the internet is down and we cannot accomplish our work and most enjoyable part is being around other Soldiers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Having to work on the weekend
I love the U.S Army
Dental Assistant / Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Seagoville, TXJune 23, 2017
Great experience for someone who wants stability, discipline, great health and education benefits, being a part of a great organization that stands for something real, and more.
Pros
Good leaders, lasting friendships, promotions
Cons
none (in my opinion)
uplifting fun and positive work place
Private First Class (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 22, 2017
its really busy, fast paced but harmonious. communication is great. Its a positive fun work place where you work to your full potential to complete tasks that are part of an organization bigger than yourself.
Where future leaders are made
Master Driver of multiple Military Vehicles (Current Employee) –  Lake Park, FLJune 22, 2017
I owe alot to the Army for making me into the leader I am today, learned from my mistakes and achievements. Learned how to be a team player and great listener.
Satisfactory
15D Aircraft Power train Repairer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2017
Worth it to be a part of team keeping nation safe.Always fun to work as a team member and helping to maintain the Aircraft and do the NDI for Costly aircraft parts
U.S. Army Reserves
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Snelling, MNJune 22, 2017
It really depends, you might do it and have a great time. Can be really difficult to plan around military schedule (trainings, deployments, etc.). Can be really difficult to cope with when there is poor leadership.
Slow PAced
AUTOMATED LOGISTICAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 22, 2017
Hurry up and wait is the Army's motto so that sums it up. Be on time and be ready to work. Be in the right uniform when need be or get sent home. Easy rules to follow
Productive Environment with Opportunities for Job Advancement
SUBSITITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Bell, CAJune 22, 2017
The United States Army Reserve is an excellent environment for individuals who wish to serve their country while also contributing to their local community.
Great Opportunity
Military Police (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2017
Joining the military was by far my best decision i have ever made. The benefits are great. They pay for school. I have gotten to see many places. They take care of me and my family. You get to be apart of something amazing and it certainly takes a special person to do it.
US Army Reserve
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJune 21, 2017
The US Army was amazing if you can handle the controlling and bossy times. It was amazing to get to work with people from different places. The USAR saved my life in ways. Before the USAR I was on a path to put me in jail for a long time; but then I had my child and grew up and "singed that dotted line". At the end of the day the USAR saved me and made me a better person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5