U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,601 reviews matching the search
Awesome Opportunity of a Lifetime.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJune 22, 2016
Awesome Opportunity of a Lifetime, the US Army Reserves gave me the sense of pride that I have to serve my country and to continue to do what is right. A typical day at work is training with your fellow soldiers by having hands on training on the military vehicles and learning different ways on how to perform maintenance on the vehicles. I have learned a lot of things while in the Army. I have learned that working as a team is very important to get any objective done and to always do the right thing no matter if someone is looking or not. The hardest part of the job is deploying and leaving your loved ones behind.
High Standarts and Discipline requirements.
Finance Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 20, 2016
Typical day of full time (mobilized) service member at Finance office is 8:45 am to 5:15 pm.
Extremely fast pace environment, quick learning, accountability, and self-motivation is a must.
Good working relationship with minimal communication outside of the office may help not to feel trapped at work in overseas environment.
Mostly relaxed and low stress work atmosphere provided by command must be supported by excellent performance, reliability, and accountability.
Pros
Combat entitlements, allowances, incentives, healthcare and life insurance
Cons
Few benefits to non-mobiized service members, short notice changes without regard to civilian life
Rewarding work
Public Affairs Operations NCO (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 28, 2016
The lawn service manager is responsible for chemical and mowing programs, managing up to five employees to keep client properties in pristine condition. Responsible for maintaining all field equipment to keep in good operating order. The lawn service manager is required to keep detailed records of all chemicals applied to stay in compliance with state and federal regulations. Acts as liaison between clients, landscape architects, and landscape maintenance manager. Work week exceeded 50 hours per week as needed to complete workload.
An ideal opportunity to continue to serve
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Story, VAJune 17, 2016
Overall, if you desire to continue to serve our country, then the Army Reserve might be for you. If you are prior service (such as myself), then be prepared to return to Basic Training (in order to learn about the Army's culture and values). What you put into the Reserves is what you will gain in return. I recently transferred from a unit that has minimal morale and motivation, to a unit that I believe will help me achieve the goals that I have set for myself. As far as income, there is opportunity to get it.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Platoon Leader
Platoon Leader (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 15, 2016
In charge of 46 combat Medic soldiers in the US Army as a Platoon Leader
Designed, implemented, and managed numerous training programs; conducted seminars and briefing sessions.
Developed, initiated, and evaluated new procedures, policies, and internal controls; assessed and resolved complex operational problems.
Supervised office and field staff; coordinated work flow.
Worked closely with senior-level management in long-term strategic planning
Being a Leader in the military
Delivery Team/Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Story, VAJune 25, 2016
Managing over 30 plus personnel in different areas of a detachment. That with the responsibility level that I am required to have must make it all work as a unit. Daily task applies to completing awards, making sure that soldiers are trained to standard, and accomplishment of the mission. Very dependable co-workers that I can lean on for support. Just the challenge of being the best that I can be to accomplish the task that are given by the command team. Engaging the soldiers underneath me and make the detachment as awhole feel like a family.
Pros
The experience of being the best leader that I can be.
Cons
Dealing with the different poersonalities that the job brings nothing that cna be overcomed.
Great Experience serving my country
Automated Logistic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 7, 2016
a typical day of work would start off with PT

I learned teamwork and how to lead a team

MY SGTS are very laid back. and leave the duties and most of the decision making up to the up n coming specialists whom will becoming SGTS soon.

Hardest part of day is coming up with a strategy on some missions and how to keep all soldiers on the mission safe an and make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be all day (accountability)

the most enjoyable part is the last formation and completion of job/missions with everyone safe and no injuries or issues with completing tasks.
Pros
Completing task as a team
Cons
man power
Lead Generator Mechanics
Lead Generator Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 1, 2016
As the Lead Generator Mechanic I was in charge of the Generator shop. I knew when every generator needed its services and what was down for maintenance. Where each Generator was while we were deployed, and scheduled their services accordingly. I learned a lot about leadership and delegation while in this position. I was given an opportunity to go to Germany and teach classes for two weeks to units which have generators but no one who knew how to take take care of them.
Fun experience and great career, amazing people to work with
Soldier Automated Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCJune 1, 2016
I typical battle assembly was drilling one weekend a month.
I learned a lot from the staff and other soldiers
leadership abilities and traits were taught
leaving for our first deployment as a unit was the hardest thing to do.
The most enjoyable part of the job is we all get to interact and have fun and keep in touch and do it all over again next month.
Pros
We have a family bond in the military.
Cons
Bad training/weather conditions in field training.
Pride
Heavy Transportation Operator (88M) (Current Employee) –  Galax, VAMay 25, 2016
Being the US Army Reserves gives me the sense of pride that I have to serve my country and to continue to do what is right. A typical day at work is training with your fellow soldiers by having hands on training on the military vehicles and learning different ways on how to perform maintenance on the vehicles. I have learned a lot of things while in the Army. I have learned that working as a team is very important to get any objective done and to always do the right thing no matter if someone is looking or not. The hardest part of the job is deploying and leaving your loved ones behind.
Pros
Great benefits and forever lasting friendships
Cons
Deploying and bad leadership
S1 Review
42A - Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 20, 2016
A typical day when working as a Reservist would be physical training (PT) and multiple classes. Safety classes, NCO classes. I learn how to further understand my job. When I do not know how to do something I am able to go to my co-workers and ask them to help show me how to do it. The hardest part of my job is not always having working or updated equipment which interferes with my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is being surrounded by people who want us to succeeded.
Productive and exciting place to work.
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXMay 18, 2016
Working as a Military Police officer in the United States Army has been a very enjoyable challenging experience for me. I have learned many skills and experienced a life outside normal living. The hardest part of being a part of something so great is the difficult of having a family. The best part of this is I get to travel the world and experience different cultures, lifestyles, and people around the world.
Diversity and bonds grown within the unit.
Specialist in Carpentry/ Masonry (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNMay 11, 2016
Overall, i miss the people that I was around. The typical day consisted of doing vehicle maintenance, making sure all equipment and physical training was on par. I learned more than the average person could learn in 18 years from their parents; discipline, management, order and values. My co-workers were great and got along with all of them, which was one of the most enjoyable parts of it aside learning how to construct many different structures.if i had to pick the hardest part of the job was not knowing what was in your future.
Pros
Benefits, sociology, friendships.
Cons
Ranking System
I would enlist all over again if I could go back
Soldier (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMay 22, 2016
There isn't a day that goes by that I regret my choice to enlist. It has taught me discipline, safety, and camaraderie. It has given me the opportunity to travel and make life long friends. Yes, normal drill weekends tend to drag on and be boring, but annual training and deployments have been the biggest highlight of my career.
Pros
brotherhood, training, a once a month "vacation"
Cons
a lot of class room training
Pretty relaxed environment
Radio Operator/Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2016
The chain of command had a great way of taking care of their soldiers and they had a lot of room for extra work outside of the scheduled monthly drills. They had a great way of making my family feel at home with frequent family days, holiday celebrations, and outings.
Pros
Great family culture, chain of command really cared for their employees
Cons
Short schedules, can't iron your uniform
A day in the Army Reserve
CHEMICAL OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 9, 2016
A normal day starts at 0600 with sign in and formation. during formation the mission plan is put out for the day. after formation we would attend the various duties required of us. everything to setting up our healthcare plant to fixing broken vehicles, and maintianing the ones that needed services. we would once every quarter refresh our CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear) tasks. drills, and, duties. every day ended at approximatly 1830 with a formation and saftey breifing where the supervising NCO (non commisioned officer) would give us a summary of what was accomplished during the day and a breif overview of what to expect the next day.
Good for those who know what they're getting themselves into
12N Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INMay 9, 2016
When first enlisting into the Army, many individuals who join are still in high school. Not all, but many. At this age, these individuals don't entirely know what they want. It is an employment option worth looking into and considering, but it is one that needs careful consideration and not making it an impulse decision.
Pros
One weekend a month, healthcare opportunity, experience
Cons
Training, dealing with the government, lifestyle restrictions
Life in the kitchen
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 10, 2016
I will say that the best life decision that I have ever made was to join the United States Military. If I had to do it all again, I would in half a heartbeat. My co-workers are all hard working individuals who all share my passion to fulfill the mission at hand. My superiors make sure we are all taken care and make sure we have all the vital information that we need to further our careers. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable to me, and that is cooking, putting out, and serving the meal because nothing really satisfies me more than seeing my fellow soldiers enjoy the meal we worked so hard on.
Pros
We are the most respected job in the Army, we taste the food first
Cons
I don't really have any
Supply SGT
Supply SGT, (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 2, 2016
The best part of my job was making sure all the other soldiers was ready and had all their equipment to produce their best work. I enjoyed helping lower enlisted achieve their highest goals to complete their mission. It was hard moving up in rank but I received the rank when I completed my missions. I enjoyed my job and would do it again if I had too.
Pros
Teaching other how to proceed.
Cons
Not being able to help them all.
Supply Sergeant
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 5, 2016
I enlisted into the National Guard in April, 1993. I had a great career that lasted over 22 years and 5 months. I retired with a honorable discharge and was place in the Retired Reserves until age 57. I had the opportunity to be apart of some great units in my career. I was fortunate enough to finish my career in the Army Reserves serving as Battalion Supply Sergeant for the 3/323rd Regt. Bn down at Ft Jackson on Mobilization orders. My duties included inventories, accountability for troops, key control, Physical Security, Battalion budget/purchase planning. I also was responsible 300 soldiers' meals and housing plan while they conducted training.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Retirement

4.5