U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,100 reviews matching the search
Pleasure Serving
Sergeant First Class (Former Employee) –  Camp Atterbury, INMarch 25, 2017
I am about to retire but don't have any complaints, I have enjoyed serving but it is time for me to move on and find a second career. I do not regret one moment I served.
Public Affairs Specialist (journalism, photojournalism)
Public Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMarch 25, 2017
Dealing with classified information, I would coordinate with the appropriate agencies prior to contacting and releasing information to the media on conditions that might result in public reaction, including formal press releases, written speeches, and public statements.
Reserve Life
Non-Commissioned Officer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 23, 2017
It is nice to have the ability to still be a part of the Army life, yet still have my freedom to do things outside of the service. I do, however, miss the Active Duty days of putting on the uniform and serving my country.
Challenging Climate
Senior Food Service Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CA 90720March 23, 2017
Fast paced environment loaded with challenging personalities, biases, and circumstances; normal for military life. Tests mental fortitude, humility, and selflessness.
Pros
Service to country
Cons
Far from home
Great career choice!
Food Service Specialist (92G) (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMarch 23, 2017
The Army was a great experience and life changing. Teaches lifelong skills that are irreplaceable. The Army is like a family and just a way of life, never felt like a job.
Pros
pay, benefits, fitness, advancement
Cons
deployment
Pride and honor
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic 91B (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 22, 2017
One weekend every month and two weeks every year I dedicate to serve for my country. I take pride and honor in what I do as a soldier. On a typical weekend we maintain tactical government vehicles. Through this duty I have learned problem solving and how to work as a team to get our objectives complete and on time.
Do it full-time
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAMarch 22, 2017
The main reason to join the reserve is the health care. If the work interests you I would recommend going all the way and going active instead. If you are active and are considering the reserve, if you didn't like active, you will hate the reserve.
I love it
Squad Leader (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 21, 2017
Great things can be learned in the military and those skills can be transferred to your civilian jobs. Is always good to have some military background.
Simple way to serve
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 21, 2017
The Army reserves is a good way to serve your country while maintaining qualities of civilian life. Many job options to choose from around, it is just about finding the right one at the right place.
Great
Horizontal Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Gray, TNMarch 21, 2017
good place to work do what your told always be on time to drill which shouldn't be hard only one weekend a month, stay in decent shape so you can pass your pt test everything else is easy
Lots of good oppourtunities
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic/Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 21, 2017
It is what you make of it. Can be challenging at times but you will learn a lot, and they will pay for your education if you take advantage of one of many programs.
Mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 21, 2017
After serving full time active duty decided to enlist in Nationl Guard to finish the required 8 years of service. Great Part time job requiring monthly service and 15 days out the year to further training.
Always busy, training, becoming a better soldier.
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee) –  Junction City, WIMarch 21, 2017
I love working in the Reserves. I'm always a soldier but I can go out and get more civilian work experience also which is a great and helpful thing. I've never been stumbling around, never unsure of what to do. Always someone who needs you to do something or help out around the company.
Army Reserve
Corporal (Chemical Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 21, 2017
Great Opportunity that has its pros and cons consult with a recruiter and a individual who has previously served in the Armed Forces before enlisting.
Not for all active duty
Patient Administration NCO (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 20, 2017
The reserves are not for all active duty personnel. Standards are a lot lower. So low that a soldier doing a walk instead of a run on a PT test will pass runners - and there would be no consequences. Range safety is not properly followed and good luck having equipment.

Its good for people who have never been in the military, but for those who are transitioning from active duty, be warned.
Military is what you make of it
Soldier/Fuel & Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2017
The military has been a long journey sometimes grueling and sometimes blissful. Ive met so many different people from the Shady characters to the people who you'd swear were like a long lost loved one. The journey is what you make of it. I always have told my fellow servicemen and soldiers under me with any organization it can only do to you what you allow it to. Always go in to something with an open mind.
Pros
Very good benefits and always on the go to do different and exciting things
Cons
long nights and days, takes an extreme toll on the body, away from family alot.
Are you Army Strong??
Combat Driver Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAMarch 20, 2017
Learned great leadership skills, gained further knowledge of interpersonal skills dealing with different cultures. gained more self confidence / self awareness.
Pros
Not every one can do it
Cons
long hours (sometimes)
wheeled vehicle mechani
Wheeled vehicle mechanic (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 18, 2017
great place to work, meet a lot of different people with different background, have chances to travel to different country and states, will great experience
An organization founded on principles that helped create and shape our country today
Optician (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 18, 2017
The Army Reserves is a great place to start a career if you are looking for a combination of service to country and to obtain new skills leading to advancement in a civilian position or educational benefits. In addition, the skills learned from the Reserves can be utilized in a myriad of scenarios to that may one day save the lives of others or yourself.
Very Healthy work enviroment
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 17, 2017
Outstanding Company. A very healthy work environment and a culture shock. Amazing Leadership and people. The life skills i have learned here will follow me the rest of my life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5