U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,601 reviews matching the search
Is a fun work place where you get the chance to expirinece many things and adventures.
US ARMY Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 1, 2016
The US ARMY is a place where you will be tested physically and mentally. But if you succeed in proving your self to be what a soldier is suppose to be, then it will be a great place and you will be proud of working there and being part of one of the biggest families.

As a Health Care Specialist for the US ARMY, I am responsible for the physical and mental well being of many soldiers. This is prior, during and after combat. My job may vary from soldiers suffering from a cold or dehydration, to soldiers with a fatal wound or amputation. But it doesn't stop there. As a Health Care Specialist I too have to take care of the emotional well being of a soldier. This includes but its not limited to: soldiers suffering from PTSD, depression, insomnia, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts.

I am proud of being part of the US ARMY.
Pros
Great work enviroment, great co-workers, helth benefits, benefits for your family
Cons
May spend time away from your family
Productive and fun working environment
Chaplain Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 11, 2016
A typical day at work would have the results of a good nights sleep because you just had a 17 hour day of physical and mental labor.
You'd be doing push-ups, sit-ups, and leg raises all day. On top of that you'd be doing drills to learn best how to enter a building with armed enemies inside, arm crawling for 100' or so, Drill Sergants yelling at you and putting up with their mental games, and learning different ways how to disarm or put down the enemy.
The main thing I learned from the army, is even if it isn't specifically my fault; we are a team, and if one of us messes up, we all mess up.
Management was good but they skipped over some very important training.
My fellow comrades didn't get teamwork to the very end of our training, I guess they have learned the hard way on the battlefield.
The hardest part of the job for my comrades was forgetting themselves and thinking of the team. For me, it was taking orders without talking back or giving excuse of why I cant but I got over both of these quickly.
The most enjoyable part of the job was competing against other platoons or brigades and being most presentable then the others.
Pros
Allowance for religious practices on Sunday, free medical, Recreaction Day
Cons
selfish comrades, 10 min meals
Don't be lazy, and do what you're told
Information Technician/System Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PADecember 16, 2015
There are so many things to be done in a typical Army day: cleaning weapons, working out, managing personnel and equipment, maintaining uniform and appearance according to regulations, classe after classes, etc. It is very easy to fall asleep in the Army. The best thing to do is get the job you will love to maintain motivation. The Army Reserve makes no time for you to work out except perhaps as a unit after the duty day is over. Active duty Army is better for exercise but is more strict regarding behavior.
Pros
Free stuff; benefits after service time; appreciation; job security
Cons
Many duties; much exercise; constant urine tests
Really secure employment, danger of getting attached.
Telecommunications and IT Specialist, GS (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 21, 2016
Typically, I come in with a plan and end up reacting to fire.
The experience one can gain is highly proprietary. Management is a mixed bag, but they rotate every three years. You may end up hating the bureaucracy, but also setting up some bureaucracy to protect yourself from overwork. Meet a very diverse group of people from all over the US, many of whom did not choose to move here.
Pros
Secure employment and benefits.
Cons
Bureaucracy.
Learn great life lessons.
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2016
A typical day can vary depending on what the primary objective is. Training for deployment can be stressful. It is not because of the training is to strenuous but the reasoning behind the training and knowing that it can potentially save your life or your battle buddies life. The leaders are very efficient and have their priorities in line with the mission. Other soldiers may seem a bit over whelmed, so it is up to the other soldiers that have deployed to calm their nerves. The hardest part of the job is the continuous good byes to the family. The most enjoyable portion of the job is saying hello to the family.
Benefits
Cons
Bad knees
Intensive training that relates to the real world
Chemical Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 6, 2016
Job training and combat preparedness training

Learned how to use many different kinds of HAZMAT response and decontamination techniques, how to respond and react in a combat environment, to fire multiple weapons proficiently and accurately,

NCOs and Officers were trained along side enlisted personnel,

Fellow soldiers were from all walks of life

Hardest part of the job was staying calm when stress got really high

Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to travel throughout the world
Pros
excellent benefits good pay
Cons
High stress, Wears out the body
US Army Reserves
Operations Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAMarch 13, 2016
Easy money and great rapport. If you want benefits, then join. I got all my certs paid for using the Post 911. I also get a great PT paycheck. The most fun is the people. Love my crew and so much better than the civilian sector.
Pros
Workouts, Food, Team Work, Learning, Growth, Professionalism, Dental and Health, Travel
Cons
Long process to get in. You have to prove you are a worthy human being to be among Gods.
In the right unit you can achieve a lot
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAMarch 7, 2016
Depending on the unit, your weekend will be filled with training and education to ensure you are ready to be called upon should the Army need you.
On the flip side, you have to be creative enough to find something constructive to do once you have completed all of the tasks needed to be battle ready.
Pros
Great benefits, teamwork
Cons
You are as bad as the weakest link in your unit
Challenging and Beneficial
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 8, 2016
Although working for the US Army can be frustrating and difficult, the challenge of having to adapt to working with different individuals on various projects is a rewarding experience. Every day, regardless of how frustrating it may be, offers unique opportunities and challenges that must be overcome in order to complete assigned tasks. This aspect of the US Army is a rewarding one. Working in this sort of environment every day leads to a permanent, beneficial change in character; this change takes place in the part of a person that desires to take the easiest route, to the simplest conclusions. In the Army, one cannot take that route; there is always an obstacle or hardship that must be overcome. Those obstacles often come in the form of adverse weather conditions, malfunctioning equipment, physical ailment, or uncooperative coworkers. Regardless of the obstacles, the soldier of the US Army develops a mindset that forces him to continue to the task's completion regardless of hardships.
Pros
Benefits, and professional experience
Cons
Work to family time .
Productive and enjoyable
MAINTENANCE SERGEANT (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 26, 2016
The army is what you make it. I find it an enjoyable career choice, very challenging. Keeps me physically fit an focused on the mission at hand.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Standards that are unbiased
Cons
Away from family for long periods of time

Want to know more about U.S. Army Reserve?

Ask a question
Good company
Planner/Training (Major) (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJMarch 25, 2016
A nice company to work for and this all hinges around the senior management that is in control. They have a nice 401K package that will match you to 7% and bonus at the end of the year.
Pros
Great 401K and bonus
Cons
depends upon the senior management
Great stepping stone
Mechanic Paratrooper (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2016
Joining the Army was probably the best thing I could as a young man. I have learned so much about myself, and just life in general. I think it should be a requirement at least for everyone to join the reserves for two years.
Pros
Room for growth a great stepping stone towards life
Cons
It is only on the weekends and the benefits are not the best
Good Job
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMarch 18, 2016
A typical day would start off with physical training in the morning. After that you will have time to shower and eat breakfast. the co-worker were amazing and helped me with any issue I had.
Pros
lunch, benefits
Cons
Would not change my experience for the world!!!!!
Motor Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Buckeye, AZNovember 2, 2015
I've never been in an environment where I have been pushed to excel in everything I do, all for something or someone that I have never met or encountered. Although the shenanigans are plentiful and the details can be perplexing, the experience have helped me gain skills that have made me become a very valuable person to any organization. Skills of flexibility, work place ethics, and effective leadership and communication for people of any race or culture (to name a few) are literally the "tip of the iceberg" when it comes to the things that I can bring to a team. The above mentioned is (aside from the discipline and combative nature the is embedded in every soldier) not even touching on the technical and tactical training that the military has invested in me concerning leadership, mechanics, and ethics.
Pros
Place in uncomfortable situations for growth, chances to lead, network will people from all backgrounds, exposure to different cultures
Cons
Long hours, salary pay, time at the bottom of the "totem pole", intellegience can be insulted at times
army
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 28, 2016
awesome experince meet new people go different places see different things, various job opportunities, great job stability as well as benefits and time off
Pros
stability, job security, different jobs
Cons
friends and family passing
Normal Work Days
Supply Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LANovember 9, 2015
Each day is different and work varies on the task that I have on hand. But for the most part I am making sure that the unit is functional. They are equipment all the supplies they could think of, Meal Ready to Eat (MRE’s) are always on hand, the soldiers uniforms are on order as well as their gear. Conducting monthly inventories for the unit’s Sensitive Items such as radios, weapons, sights, machine guns etc. As well as the quarterly CYCLC inventories such as vehicles, generators, masks etc. I ensure that the unit is capable of functioning on its own without the presents of myself. I always manage the Lateral Transfers from losing to gaining units as well as turning in old equipment.
Pros
The benefits are great, I enjoy doing what i do in the Army as well as doing my job.
Cons
The stress is beggining to take a toll on my family moving arounf every 3-5 years.
Good
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJMarch 15, 2016
Good benefits. Proud to serve. Glad I joined. Can not wait to continue my career. Got done training and it was helpful. I was not prepared to review the U.S. Army. Do not take the as a Real/Proper Reveiw.
its alright
Postal Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 5, 2016
Being in the military is like being being part of a family. great leadership to those who now how to lead but for others, its a dilemma. co-workers are alright I guess.
Pros
great benefits...long lunches
Cons
some days can be frustrating
Fun coworkers and new/exciting missions
Chaplain's Assistant/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 8, 2015
Great working experience with new and challenging missions and great fellow soldiers to work with. Supportive and encouraging workplace that provokes you to be better and help finish different tasks and missions when needed. Chain of Command showed great leadership and encouraged advance training and promotions with awarded incentives.
Pros
Great cultural experience, new friends and developed leadership skills
Cons
Salary on the low end, long overseas tours, dangerous missions at times
Productive and Organized workplace.
91B (Current Employee) –  Gray, TNNovember 4, 2015
We only drill once a month. We sign in at 0700 and have a formation at 0730 where the company first sergeant tells all the platoons what he expects to have completed for that day. Then we go to our motor pool and begin working on equipment or we give small classes on materials that will help us become better mechanics. My chain of Command is excellent. Our motor pool sergeant always has something for us to do and leads by example.
Pros
benefits, Job Security, travel, working with friends and the greatest team in the country
Cons
Potentially Life threatening

4.5