U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,391 reviews matching the search
Productive Environment with Opportunities for Job Advancement
SUBSITITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Bell, CAJune 22, 2017
The United States Army Reserve is an excellent environment for individuals who wish to serve their country while also contributing to their local community.
Great Opportunity
Military Police (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2017
Joining the military was by far my best decision i have ever made. The benefits are great. They pay for school. I have gotten to see many places. They take care of me and my family. You get to be apart of something amazing and it certainly takes a special person to do it.
US Army Reserve
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJune 21, 2017
The US Army was amazing if you can handle the controlling and bossy times. It was amazing to get to work with people from different places. The USAR saved my life in ways. Before the USAR I was on a path to put me in jail for a long time; but then I had my child and grew up and "singed that dotted line". At the end of the day the USAR saved me and made me a better person.
I was the healthcare specialist sergeant (manager) for a platoon and squad of other medical personnel.
Healthcare Specialist Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 21, 2017
My day consisted of receiving goals that needed to be fulfilled daily and then disseminating that information to soldiers and ensured the work was done.
Pros
Management experience
Cons
Hinderance on peronal development
nice fun place to work at
92A Logistic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 21, 2017
good place to work good energy and people to work with. the managers are really nice and good at their job. they will help you out when you need it. very positive work area and super safe
Be all you can be
Indoor Electrician (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJune 21, 2017
Although it is a very risky Job and cant thank the people that have served enough for what they do each and every day for everyone else. It is a great thing to be a part of such a well oiled machine. It will change you look at life and teach you cherish Everything in life.
Productive and fun workplace
MEDICAL LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIJune 21, 2017
Working here is great. Productive and fun workplace. You learn a lot. The culture, different backgrounds of people you meet throughout your stay is pretty cool.
drill was fun met good people learned alot from my supervisors
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJune 20, 2017
The army is a nice place if you apply yourself and use it for the better it wasnt bad for me i learned alot met alot of nice people while i did and i want to take it into my civilian life
Pros
benefits and god training
Cons
hot days
Great opportunity for dedicated and motivated people
Brigade Chaplain (Major) (Current Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJJune 20, 2017
One of the few part-time jobs that offer a retirement. Good pay and benefits for those willing to work hard and smart to protect our nation and stand up for human rights around the world.
Very Secure Place to Work
Senior Food Operations Sergeant (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAJune 19, 2017
The military is a well disciplined place to work. Great advancement opportunity and growth; Great benefits and discounts; Excellent on the job training; Great travel opportunity.
Pros
Great disiplinary tool
Leadership
Platoon Leader (Former Employee) –  Ft. McPherson, GAJune 19, 2017
I learned a great deal in the Army. I was an officer so I gained a lot of experience talking to people and supervising people. I spent over 22 years in the army,
Pros
Challenges
Cons
contstantly moving around
Productive along with well trained staff
CBRN NCO (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJune 19, 2017
The job itself is not a hard one at all. You do your job and go home. Being apart of the United States Army has given me the job skills I need to fulfill my dreams.
US Army Reserve at Fort Totten
Computer/Detection Systems Repairer (Current Employee) –  Fort Totten, NYJune 19, 2017
It's great working here. As long as you're disciplined and know how to follow orders, everything should run smoothly. We work efficiently and quickly to finish our work.
Proud Service
Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Served (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 19, 2017
I served 24 years in the United States Army Reserve, The constant deployments required me to retire from service. My goal was to be in for 30 years, but fell short
Pros
Service to the country
Cons
Deployments
Nothing nice to say
Plans Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 19, 2017
I personally feel that the role of the Reserves and National Guard has been stretched beyond the original design. We as a nation have relied upon this structure for too long. Time to beef up our active components.
great unit
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Chaffee, ARJune 18, 2017
This is like any other military unit. It had a great work climate. The management was great and the people were great to work and serve under. The hardest part was the training.
good job, hard work
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hayden, IDJune 18, 2017
depending on the unit you end up in depends on if you will have good leadership or not. not really a whole lot to review about this because you either want to enlist or dont
Active to Reserves is an adjustment
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sloan, NVJune 18, 2017
Overall transferring to a reserve unit after being on active duty has been a culture shock. After the first couple months I've found the routine and have adjusted to it more readily.
Thge most rewarding thing i've ever done.
Operating Room Technician - (91 - Delta) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 18, 2017
the typical day involved preparing the or for surgery, patient transport and assisting the surgeon with the surgical procedure. It was during this time I learned the principles of sterile technique and about being a part of something greater than my self. the management was good. the workplace culture was one of excellence. the hardest part of the job was learning to push myself further than I thought I could go. the best part of the job was being apart the team and helping people
GO Army
Sergeant / Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 18, 2017
Best branch and the only branch to make you until a soldier. Gave me something to live for and made me a better man then most. This experience has over prepared me for life. I wish all the best Hoah!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5