U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 3,999 reviews matching the search
Fun
Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dodge City kansasDecember 27, 2016
love my job still serving proudly, exciting good people great leadership. Traveling and good benefits. Very helpful as well with civilian employment, as far as drill scheduling and there are plenty of opportunities for advancement.
lifetime of memories
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 23, 2017
joined straight out of HS. great place to launch a lifetime career while learning a trade and developing interpersonal skills that will last a lifetime
Pros
paid travel, free tuition assistance
Unproductive, bad for morale
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOFebruary 1, 2017
I enlisted in the Army Reserve for the education benefits. My advice: don't do it. Go active duty or enjoy life as a civilian. My initial training was an incredible, life changing event for me. Unfortunately I don't use very much of that training now that I drill monthly nor have I acquired any new skills since graduating in March of 2013. The hardest part is trying to look busy because there's nothing to do. In my experience, the US Army Reserve has been a waste of my time.
Pros
sense of community, looks good on a resume
Cons
low drill pay, inconvenient drill schedule, difficult for families, unproductive
Good but needs much improvement
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Darien, ILNovember 10, 2016
Being in the Army can be very difficult at times.It is not just a job but a lifestyle that is very demanding and also requires alot of patience and determination.
Pros
Good benefits and a steady paycheck.
Cons
Long hours and a lot of bad units out there.
Great
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLSeptember 5, 2016
I really enjoyed my time in the Army Reserves. I got to travel and serve my country. Learned a lot more about myself and was able to push through obstacles that i didnt know i could. Made me a stronger person physically and mentally. I learned more time management skills, computer skills, and received many awards and accomplishments along the way.
Pros
travel, benefits, long term friends
Cons
hurry up and wait
Its a awesome organization to be apart of!
Human Resources Specialists (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCApril 20, 2016
I love the job culture, Job advancement, free travel opportunities and training skill opportunities. I love that you get leadership skills, meet new people often, and learn new systems from time to time. I like the different types of Military schools and certifications for different training skills or knowledge of topics. The benefits are awesome and the morale is always high.
Pros
Free Travel, variety of military training that transfers to the civilian side
Cons
Compensation is not much monthly unless you get orders fo military schools or AT
A great experience.
Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2017
The army reserves is a great experience. You get a chance during your initial entry training to experience active duty life, which was a blast for me. In the reserves it offers you a chance to be a solider part time and be a student full time as well. If you decide you want to go active after basic and AIT then you def can go to your chain of command and try and get an early release form filled out and approved to go active.
Pros
Benefits, Fun, Life Experiences, Meeting great people and leaders
fun place to work
Multichannel Operator-Maintainer (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 6, 2017
Prepares reports for input of statistical and other data.
Earned consistent commendations for devotion to duty with citations for excellence
in rapidly resolving crisis situations, relating effectively with culturally diverse
populations and protecting property and lives.
Fulfilled a range of communications duties for both combat and peacekeeping missions.
Gained proficiencies and experience in: network management, Cisco routers, cabling, and
database management.
Great Job Try to get in Early
Lieutenant Colonel- Staff, Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 10, 2017
At State AGR position my be better because when they transfer you, you stay in state, while the USAR can assign you anywhere. I was medically retired and there is virtually no recourse. I complained nd fought against it to not avail....downside. Good side, great people, great opportunity, it's truly what you make of it.
Pros
Good Pay, plenty of advancement
Cons
sty of]n top of you professional education and physical fitnes scores....ot you could be out.
Combat Engineer/ Fire Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 22, 2016
The Leadership does an excellent job of taking care of soldiers. The high stress work environment helps shape individuals into being prepared. Room for advancement is ever present. The work is hard and sometimes redundant, but the is always something to learn or improve on.
Pros
Experience, Travel, Fun, Relationships.
Cons
Hectic, Demanding, Long Hours
Good work experience needed for future civilian employment
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 30, 2017
Army always has good and bad times, but makes the best of it and it can be rewarding for your future. Leadership will help guide soldiers in a direction to help better there careers and future employment opportunities. You put into it what you wish to get out of it. I do recommend this job to anyone.
Inspirational
Company Commander (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 23, 2016
The most satisfying job a man or woman could have, service to their country.
I can say after almost twenty two years of service I would raise my right hand and do it all again. No regrets.
Pros
Leadership opportunities and growth
Cons
Away from home sometimes
Military Service
Medic (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYOctober 24, 2016
The United States Army Reserve drills once a month with soldiers having additional training throughout the year for days or weeks at a time. In the army i have learned to be an EMT, how to drive and operate heavy equipment, and currently learning how to manage personnel. My fellow soldiers are a mix of motivated and unmotivated people all knowledgeable in their respective positions. The most enjoyable part of the service is the sense of purpose one feels. My least favorite aspect is the long hours that comes with monthly drills and month long training.
Serve your Country and your Community with peace of mind
Team Leader and Physical Fitness Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Buckeye, AZJanuary 29, 2017
The United States Army Reserves is a great factor in wanting to serve both your country and your community in applying real world scenarios to well over 150 Military Occupational Specialties that will Train, Lead, and Deliver you towards any objective presented. Great Benefits, Comradery and flexible Monthly scheduling ensures esprit de corps while balancing civilian life.
Great place to meet new people and learn various skills
Logistics Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCDecember 12, 2016
Being in the military taught me discipline and provided me with skills that will be used for the rest of my life. I met a lot of people and traveled a lot. The most difficult part of the job was leaving family members, but they understood it was part of my military obligation. The most enjoyable part was training other Soldiers to be able to take charge if I was not there.
Pros
Health and dental benefits
Cons
Away from military
Leadership
Miltary Cargo Specialist Inspect (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 19, 2016
Fun work place with supportive management, focused on building a great product and a great culture. Strong leadership.
US Army Reserve Experienced
56M/Chaplain Assistant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96819November 16, 2016
Learned a lot from the military. Great place to work with good benefits. I learned to accept responsibility and to use up time necessary to complete task. Able to work as a team and how crucial it is to apply yourself and make sure everyone contributes and follows through.
they have taught me to be self-discipline, how to work well with others under difficult tasks, and to be motivated for the challenges to come.
benefits
Cons
not a full time job
Great time.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 29, 2017
I'd say go for it if you wanna make the ultimate sacrifice... It's all fun and games til your being shipped to your final destination to your family, to be verified and viewed in a box. On the other side of the coin, you make good and take advantage of great benefits.
Pros
Learn alot of different important things.
Cons
Learn a lot of important things..
Not a good place to work unless you have the benefit of being a civilian employee
Army Reserve Headquarters Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 17, 2017
Office culture is terrible. There's no training for contractors. Very little direction and guidance is given. Contactors are treated very poorly. I was hired into a position description that did not reflect in any way what my job responsibilities were.
One of the best possible professionally developmental career choices.
Oklahoma Supervisory Staff Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 13, 2016
Professionally varied and developmental providing a service to the country. I worked with various ethnic backgrounds learning from those with whom I interacted. I have many close ties resulting from the time spent serving the US Army and Army Reserve. The benefits were/are excellent even in retirement and I was exposed to professional training that could not be obtained elsewhere. All co-workers are brothers and sisters in arms and therefore even if not in contact daily, weekly, or monthly, ties remain close. I worked in a high stress demanding position and am able to continue to do so but ready for another job/professional experience.
Pros
All good.
Cons
Mandatory retirement at age 60.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5