U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,792 reviews matching the search
Excellent opportunity for advancement
MEDICAL LABORATORY NCO (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 12, 2017
Every position is challenging. I would recommend. For example, I trained to drive heavy equipment and I trained to work in the hospital
as a laboratory technician, as well. Each position is rewarding.
Great if you're not in school
PHARMACY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 11, 2017
I did USAR to continue my benefits with the military since I was prior active and did not want to have a break-in service. It was good while it lasted but I didn't renew my contract or continued my enlistment as it was interfering with my school work and couldn't graduate the university on time just because I was getting ready to deploy, which didn't happen and also got assigned to different places out of California.
go army
Personnel Clerk and Recuiter (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 11, 2017
A part time soldier with the ability to stay current on training or find a new career path while being able to work a full time job or attend college full time.
Excellent Pay and benefits
Automated Logistical Specialist (92A) (Current Employee) –  Granite City, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Great place to work with competitive peers. Many career advancement opportunities. Great benefits and incentives. Excellent supervisors and full time staff. The Army is always willing to help soldiers and their families in need.
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MNSeptember 11, 2017
Wish the benefits were easier to get. There is to much paper work in the Army just to get through one drill weekend, classes and briefs take up to much of the work day. To many changes month to month with how to finish out paper work for the month.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Pay
Productive Workplace
Carpentry and Masonry Specialist - 12W (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 11, 2017
A place to serve our country with pride. Work weekends once per month with annual yearly training during the summer. Great benefits and the ability to be home with family while also serving our country selflessly.
Pros
military discounts, financial base and security
Cons
deployment
competative
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2017
very detailed training and educational in all that the job requirement needs. very competitive within the field and always informed with all updated safety regulations insure a safe environment.
Very rewarding place to work
Transportation Manager Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 11, 2017
In this job I have gained essential skills that have helped me become the strong person that I am today, I recommend joining the forces to everyone that cares for our amazing country The U.S.A.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
It can be a bit stressful at times
Army reserves
Squad Leader/Sergeant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2017
The Reserves fulfilled my desire to continue my military career, however I wish I had joined the Louisiana National Guard immediately after Active duty.
Plenty of opportunity to improve processes
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2017
Slow paced, but many opportunities to improve processes. However, everything is limited with budget and approval of projects takes longer than it should.
Good place to jump start career
CBRN Non-Commissioned Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCSeptember 10, 2017
The Army Reserves is a good place to learn discipline and good life lessons. This is a great place to get a start on your life and career. The benefits are great and affordable.
Pros
Good benefits
US Army Reserves
Facilitator/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Being a Facilitator/Instructor in Unit Supply for Soldiers who are transitioning into a new military occupational specialty is extremely rewarding.

As long as you, the Facilitator/Instructor, are staying on top of your own game, while helping Soldiers learn, there is no reason you cannot succeed.
Very intrusive
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CASeptember 10, 2017
The army reserves is very fast paced and poorly managed. Most people do not have a clue as to what gets accomplished on a day to day basis and I am happy to be leaving.
Assistant to Dentist (68 E) (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CASeptember 10, 2017
A wonderful experience that I believe everyone should be given the opportunity of. You get to learn how to work and solve problems at the highest level of tension and shortage of time. It builds a person from scratch and make him/her way stronger than before.
Us army
Engineer Co (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 8, 2017
Its the US ARMY what else really is there to say.
You answer the call go where they tell you to. And you o it to the best of your ability because not just you are counting on you.
Army rocks
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  31 Pecan StSeptember 8, 2017
If you want to join go for it more the merrier uncle Sam needs fine soldiers and you could be one of them sign up today had a blast while i was in the Army
Pros
Discounts while in uniform got thanked often and things given to me
U.S Army Reserves
2nd Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 8, 2017
The reserves is physical yet competitive at the same time. It give you great leadership skills and allows you to make practical decisions for yourself and others.
Pros
One weekend a month
Cons
N/a
"It's the Reserves, man"
Plumber/Pipefitter, E5 (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 8, 2017
What can I say going from active duty to reserves is definitely a culture shock, and the glazed-over eyes of a lion is apparent. But it helped me transition into civilian life really well.
It's the Army
Military Officer (Current Employee) –  MultipleSeptember 7, 2017
Great people.
Terrible Leaders.
Everyone gets promoted, so you can too.
Great medical, dental, retirement.
Pointless work and leaders who don't value your time.
Difficult but Worth it.
Human Resource Specialist/Operator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37209September 7, 2017
I was only Reserves, so the minimum required of me was to participate 1 weekend out of every month and 2 weeks out of every year. With my time at the U.S. Army Reserves I learned the foundation of what it means to work in an office environment, and what it meant to be apart of a team.
Pros
free lunches, good work environment, proper work place etiquette
Cons
not enough hours, hard to gain advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5