U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,283 reviews matching the search
Army Reserves
Human Resource Specialist / Postal Operations (Current Employee) –  Millwood, WVMay 17, 2017
Responsible for providing support that affects Soldiers overall welfare and well-being while assisting leaders with keeping Soldiers combat-ready and effective. Assist on all human resource support matters. Oversight of all strength management and strength distribution actions. Responsible for the readiness, health and welfare of all Soldiers. Postal and personnel accountability support. Maintain emergency notification data. Qualified in the handling of international mail, U.S. mail, money orders, and sale of postage.
Army Reserve
12N Horizontal Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 17, 2017
The U.S. Army Reserve has afforded me with countless opportunities to better myself and my future. I have learned to respect myself as well as the individuals around me and learned what it means to be a professional.
Very helpful
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 17, 2017
The Army Reserves has always held the upmost standard and respect for their employees. It definitely shapes individuals to be the person they want to be.
Loved my job
(CBRN) Instructor (Former Employee) –  Farrell, PAMay 17, 2017
I was a CBRN instructor, this was a job I enjoyed very very much!
To shape and mold young soldiers to learn to prepare and defend themselves on the battle field in a chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear environment.
Pros
Student graduation day
Cons
Long days and nights
Productive, great teamwork
Medical Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2017
Working in logistics gives me a chance to learn a various number of things; from learning to pack supplies that are needed for patients around the world.
It's fun and friendly environment, soldiers work together to complete the task
Squad Leader (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 15, 2017
Soldiers help each other to achieved goals and a very friendly environment to work on, leadership allows junior enlisted to share there openion and really listen to it.
Responsibility to the Uniform
Detachment Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 15, 2017
Great leadership development, this position takes great discipline, selfless service and loyalty to the United States Military. Life long commitment to fellow service members
Pretty self explanatory
Sergeant Transportation Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIMay 15, 2017
Great place to develop skills and structure that translates to almost everything you will ever do. I do not regret one moment in the United state Army Reserves.
Fun and live changing experiences.
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salinas Municipio, PRMay 14, 2017
For hard workers and for people with strong mental attributes. Long working hours. Excellent promotion opportunities if you are passing all your that is required and expected of you as a soldier.
N/a
Automated Logistical Specialist (92A) (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 14, 2017
Benefits are great. Ideally this is for someone whos is looking for educational assistance. This is a great branch of service for those that have a steady income and is looking for something extra to do in their time
It's a great opportunity
Patient Administration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 13, 2017
If you join prepare to take 37 exams. I failed one out of 37. I wouldn't say it was hard but it wasn't easy. If you put your all into it your be successful
Pros
Some where to sleep
Cons
Not enough sleep
Fun workplace and good discipline
Health Care Specialist, Field Medic (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 13, 2017
Very exciting culture with people you will know very well
Everyday is different
You adapt to the people around you, so it keeps you on your toes
Ability to move up
Pros
Promotions by time in service
Cons
Hard work hours
Good
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 13, 2017
Work one weekend a month with 2 weeks of annual training. have served for over 20 years in different capacities with multiple personnel changes. I am used to a fluid and changing environment.
great people to work with
Senior Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 12, 2017
everyone in uniform goes beyond the army values to make the commands job easier in daily life. Unlike civilian life this job has team cohesion and communication skills that builds character and intestinal fortitude to better a person once they exit this contract.
Military Unit
Receiving Agent (Former Employee) –  Lyon, MSMay 12, 2017
The typical day at the unit consist of a early formation to take accountability of whose showed for work.Afterwards, we split into separate platoon and go to our designated job for the day. I typically manage a group of battles, and we go to the motor pool to pmcs and file out for convoys.
Pros
meet all races of people
Cons
Be away from family
Can be beneficial
Military Police Sergeant / Health Care Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 11, 2017
If assigned to the right unit, the Army Reserves can be very rewarding. The required time is not always enough to accomplish the required missions, so your time is needed. The benefits can be awesome if use right, and with the proper guidance.
Wide range of tasks
Logistics Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hayden, IDMay 11, 2017
Not predictable days while working the road as patrol. I always looked forward to what I'd be walking into on the daily calls we had to respond to.
Working in the post office was very calm and relaxing, there wasn't ever anything that was too stressful or anything to anticipate and look forward to either.
Tax preparation was very enjoyable. I made it a goal on a daily basis to have the best costumer service reviews and have my clients leave satisfied with their taxes before they were filed.
Operations Clerk was my favorite position that I held. I enjoyed building and updating reports as well as organizing ASAP class and filling the class seats. I looked forward to every aspect of this position. It did get stressful at times when we would have an influx of personnel incoming to post, however I would usually get into the office early to make up for the extra time needed to prepare and send out all the daily reports or work through lunch to ensure they were all sent on time.
Overall all work areas and positions I held I enjoyed and made them an enjoyable one.
Lots of Learning Experiences
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2017
I learned many things in my time with the Army Reserves. There aren't many places you can legitimately say that the people you work with are truly like family. Between one of a kind training experiences and constantly pushing my own limits not only physically but also mentally, I've become a greater person as a whole, bad experiences included.
Very productive learning environment
Cable Systems Installer/Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 11, 2017
Safety first. Receive plans on what needs to be done and have a plan on how to get the job done safely and efficiently. Make sure you have all tools that the job requires and proceed to greatness.
Pros
Basic knowledge and understanding of installing fios, telephones and cable
Cons
Retraining to civilian protocols
It's what you make of it.
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort GMay 11, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this career choice to anyone. It's a cool choice to gain leadership experience and easily transfers over into the civilian workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5