U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 3,999 reviews matching the search
Supply Sergeant
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 5, 2016
I enlisted into the National Guard in April, 1993. I had a great career that lasted over 22 years and 5 months. I retired with a honorable discharge and was place in the Retired Reserves until age 57. I had the opportunity to be apart of some great units in my career. I was fortunate enough to finish my career in the Army Reserves serving as Battalion Supply Sergeant for the 3/323rd Regt. Bn down at Ft Jackson on Mobilization orders. My duties included inventories, accountability for troops, key control, Physical Security, Battalion budget/purchase planning. I also was responsible 300 soldiers' meals and housing plan while they conducted training.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Retirement
Diversity and bonds grown within the unit.
Specialist in Carpentry/ Masonry (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNMay 11, 2016
Overall, i miss the people that I was around. The typical day consisted of doing vehicle maintenance, making sure all equipment and physical training was on par. I learned more than the average person could learn in 18 years from their parents; discipline, management, order and values. My co-workers were great and got along with all of them, which was one of the most enjoyable parts of it aside learning how to construct many different structures.if i had to pick the hardest part of the job was not knowing what was in your future.
Pros
Benefits, sociology, friendships.
Cons
Ranking System
Step towards the right direction.
Petroleum Fuel Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsburg, IN 47170October 31, 2016
As a fueler, your unit with have it's specialty. In ours which is bulk distribution through pipeline it can be laborious. Through hardwork you begin to see the bigger picture and what this experience can take you. Also the typical solider duties and benefits are also a huge plus. You got to stay in shape and keep and squared away. Other than that you'll have no problems.
91B Wheel Mechanic
All Wheel Mechanic, 492nd Engineer Company (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNDecember 19, 2016
I am a Sergeant in the Army Reserves and my Duty is to supervise and manage the motor-pool and get vehicles out of the motor-pool efficiently and tactically as possible. I also help soldiers if they have any mechanically questions or concerns on a vehicle.
Pros
Licensed on over 35 vehicles, Travel
Cons
Lied about benefits, Always changing policies
Love it
Platoon Leader 288th QM CO (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 8, 2016
Excellent job especially if undecided where to go next. Good education, training and be fit. Great people. Travel to new areas.
Pros
Major benefits not found in other jobs, great advancement
Cons
Army downsizing
good career and life training
92F Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 28, 2016
once a month and about two weeks in the summer we go to drill to learn new skills and improve our working knowledge. required drug testing and upkeep of physical fitness.
Pros
free on the job training, great benefits good environment to work in
Cons
some leadership is questionable in knowledge and skill
Rewarding, high tempo organization
Site Visit Coordinator/ Training Exercise Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXDecember 2, 2016
Supervisors, peers and subordinates collectively perform individual tasks as well as group projects, toward the success of complicated processes to support training for deploying forces.
Pros
Teamwork, Networking, mentorship, coaching opportunities
Cons
long hours, short suspenses
All it takes is how willing you are for the challenge
Sgt. Infantry/Leader of Sniper Team (Former Employee) –  Cayey, PRJanuary 11, 2017
Opportunity is here, all it takes is if you are capable of make your best to obtain the rewards of hard work and sacrifice.
Pros
Good benefits for you and family as well.
Cons
Lot of work.
Part time Warrior
Sergeant/Acting Shop Foreman/Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 7, 2017
The Reserves has given me the opportunity to continue to serve my country on a part time basis. You can utilize tuition assistance and continue personal and professional growth..
Pros
Continue to serve, Education, Career Advancement
Cons
Limited Funding
Structured and well balanced
Combat Medic (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 1, 2017
Working with the Us army Reserve Not only allows me to serve my Country And be apart of the worlds best military but also also allows me to have the freedom to go to school work a seperate full time job or even travel The us army reserve is an amazing opportunity and it has given me everything i put into it and more
Benefits

Want to know more about U.S. Army Reserve?

Ask a question
Productive and Challenging work environment
First Line Supervisor, Cargo Handler Crew (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 25, 2016
In this profession, you have a hard job that comes with great benefits. The network of professionals both in and our of uniform is invaluable. There is tremendous opportunity for career advancement,
Exciting and opens up new opportunities in the future
POWER GENERATOR MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Fort Gillem, GAJanuary 12, 2017
its a great experience for anyone who can do it and has the strive some days are hard but its a experience you will never forget and is amazing in anything and everything they do
Pros
Free benefits, Food, opportunites, travel and shelter
Cons
Long nights, high standards, and stressful
Everyday jobs for Everyday people
Food Service Specialist (92G) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 29, 2016
You will find something to learn everyday, a simple and more efficent way of completly a daily task. It's a good way to meet and family alone the way through out your military career.
Pros
Meeting differnet type of people
Cons
Away from home most of career
I'm very glad to have stayed in
HRS - Part-time (Current Employee) –  IdahoJanuary 20, 2017
It's neither the best nor the worst job I've ever had. The Reserve, however, is by far the most valuable professional thing I've ever been a part of, and looks to be the largest and most valuable piece of my eventual retirement.
benefits
Cons
the disruption caused by mobilization
Stable.
Network Marketing Professional/Entrepreneur (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2017
The military is a stable career. You never have to worry about the small things. A great way to start your education and pursue your career if it not be in the military.
Pros
paid for meals, paid for living, live on installation
Cons
Death, contract terms
Motivated group of soldiers
42A Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEFebruary 10, 2017
Motivated group of soldiers always working to get the best out of each other
I've learned to work as a team in a diverse group of people
Management has an open door policy and everyone loves it because it can be extremely important to keep information confidential
Weekend Warrior
Cargo Specialist / E-4 (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2017
I drill monthly and 2+ weeks during the summer, allowing me to receive Army benefits and training while having a fairly normal civilian life. I've met some of the most interesting people and trained on the coolest equipment I ever thought possible.
Pros
Free food, good training and great people
Cons
Property of USAR
Great place to start a career and education
Sergeant. Signal Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsFebruary 10, 2017
US Army reserves provides part time opportunity to Serve your county while growing your education and work experience. Receive a number of benefits Tangible and untangle.
Pros
Part time ork providing finances for college
Cons
Possibility of deployment.
One weekend a month
Sergeant, supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 24, 2016
The US Army Reserve can provide individuals with the skills needed to become a better soldier. Sadly, many of the young people first entering think it is just something to do because it will pay for school. Many do not show up, but still expect to get the monthly pay.
The hardest thing is accepting that this is not the "full time" military.
Pros
Extra cash, school benefits
Cons
Low pay, favoritism
Great opportunity after Active Duty
Observer Controller/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJanuary 3, 2017
I enjoyed continuing my Army career in a Reserve capacity. I was able to work in different job titles, advance in rank, and work in different units. This helped increase my knowledge on changing Army practices and policies, which helped me transition into civilian life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5