U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,288 reviews matching the search
Can be beneficial
Military Police Sergeant / Health Care Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 11, 2017
If assigned to the right unit, the Army Reserves can be very rewarding. The required time is not always enough to accomplish the required missions, so your time is needed. The benefits can be awesome if use right, and with the proper guidance.
Wide range of tasks
Logistics Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hayden, IDMay 11, 2017
Not predictable days while working the road as patrol. I always looked forward to what I'd be walking into on the daily calls we had to respond to.
Working in the post office was very calm and relaxing, there wasn't ever anything that was too stressful or anything to anticipate and look forward to either.
Tax preparation was very enjoyable. I made it a goal on a daily basis to have the best costumer service reviews and have my clients leave satisfied with their taxes before they were filed.
Operations Clerk was my favorite position that I held. I enjoyed building and updating reports as well as organizing ASAP class and filling the class seats. I looked forward to every aspect of this position. It did get stressful at times when we would have an influx of personnel incoming to post, however I would usually get into the office early to make up for the extra time needed to prepare and send out all the daily reports or work through lunch to ensure they were all sent on time.
Overall all work areas and positions I held I enjoyed and made them an enjoyable one.
Lots of Learning Experiences
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2017
I learned many things in my time with the Army Reserves. There aren't many places you can legitimately say that the people you work with are truly like family. Between one of a kind training experiences and constantly pushing my own limits not only physically but also mentally, I've become a greater person as a whole, bad experiences included.
Very productive learning environment
Cable Systems Installer/Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 11, 2017
Safety first. Receive plans on what needs to be done and have a plan on how to get the job done safely and efficiently. Make sure you have all tools that the job requires and proceed to greatness.
Pros
Basic knowledge and understanding of installing fios, telephones and cable
Cons
Retraining to civilian protocols
It's what you make of it.
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort GMay 11, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this career choice to anyone. It's a cool choice to gain leadership experience and easily transfers over into the civilian workplace.
Great experience
Motor Pool Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 10, 2017
I was able to complete my degree thanks to the GI Bill benefits. It is not for everybody but you can gain experience in technical jobs that can translate into the civilian life.
Inventory and store products
Automated Logistical Specialist (92A) (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMay 10, 2017
Assist maintenance activities. Replenish and warehouse supplies. Document transactions. Update filing systems. Ensure a safe healthy work environment.
Pros
Ability to incorporate personal ideas for improvement of position
Cons
Limited Resources
exciting
Accounting & Human Resource Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 10, 2017
Working with the United States Army was a rewarding experience. Every day had new challenges, I learned a lot in in this position from dealing with government regulations and standards, to working with people from various backgrounds and countries
mn army reserves
SUPPLY TECH/NCO (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MnMay 10, 2017
a year in Kuwait with a few months at Ft McCoy before and after.
monthly training weekends and 2 weeks in the summer.
good team environment for like minded people
Great Job!
First Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 9, 2017
It's true, you do more in the morning than most jobs do all day. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with fellow troops, achieving the goals of your company, platoon and/or squad.
Pros
Service to Country
Cons
Being away from home
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 9, 2017
I enjoyed the reserve it helped gain many leadership skills. It helped me learn responsibility over myself and others. It made me grow up a little quicker than other my age, that is a plus.
This is not a great place to begin a career in the IT industry.
Senior System Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAMay 9, 2017
I was the help desk for my reserve unit, but with higher headquarters. I was limited as to what I was able to do when it pertained to my job. I had no control over decision making issues.
Mission constantly changed, flexibility is needed
Cable Systems Installer and Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAMay 9, 2017
• Installs and repairs circuits and wiring
• Tests on cable communications systems to ensure circuit and system quality
• Responsible for maintaining vehicle logs, assigning equipment keys and copying/distributing documents
• Performs a variety of clerical support functions/processes including filing system maintenance
Worth it.
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMay 9, 2017
The experience you get even though it's technically "part-time" is amazing. I am thinking about going back into the reserves later on but definitely think everyone should serve at one point in their life.
soldier duties
Reservist Soldier (Current Employee) –  Fort Snelling, MNMay 9, 2017
there is always something new to learn in a hundred different ways which helps in all kinds of different situation that might present itself in many different ways
Good work life balance
Preventive Medicine Physician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 9, 2017
A great opportunity to serve the country with my health care skill set. Working with the USAR allows any physician time to handle his/her civilian job and contribute to maintaining a healthy armed force(s).
Hard Work, Very Rewarding
Horizontal Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 9, 2017
Great Work Environment. Wish i would have joined earlier. Very proud of all my brothers and sister in arms. Knowledge is limitless. Teach you to push yourself.
Pros
You may get to blow something up
Cons
You will lose some time with family.
Productive workplace
Member of the 724th Military Police Battalion (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 8, 2017
Enjoy working alongside other soldiers and training. There is room for progression in the field. A typical day entails reporting for duty and varies depending on what is needed. There are days in the year dedicated to have medical staff check out soldiers. We have two days our of the year to qualify with our weapons, etc.
A whole different experience
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 8, 2017
Wealth of knowledge obtained through training and culture. You are trusted rather than micro managed unless you prove over time that it is needed, therefore it cultured my ability to learn and grow to be a leader and efficient performer while training others to be more proficient and efficient.
Pays the car insurance
Chemical Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDMay 7, 2017
Something to do on you day off at your regular work. You don't really do much on monthly drill but meet new people and take it as an opportunity to network

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5