U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,604 reviews matching the search
Good team working skills
MOS - 88M, Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Kingsbury, INJuly 1, 2016
In the Army Reserves, it teaches you to be prepared for anything and everything, no matter what it is.
U.S. Army Reserve/ Military Police
Internal Security Guard Force (ISGF) NCOIC (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAJune 29, 2016
Great training and Experience. Provides skills for civilian Law enforcement careers. Opens opportunities and networking. Decent pay while serving and great benefits for college or continuing education. Stay Army Strong for 20 years and get pension at retirement age!
Very Productive
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VA 23604June 28, 2016
It's a very good career. Working for the military is an experience that will change your life. The military is a great opportunity to see the different parts of the world.
Pros
stable
Cons
Can deploy at any given time
Same
Combat Documentation Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAJune 28, 2016
Same as previous review, I can't give a review on all of the Army Reserves only because I work in a small component of it. It's impossible. A great means of income and benefits.
Pros
same
Cons
same
Rewarding work
Public Affairs Operations NCO (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 28, 2016
The lawn service manager is responsible for chemical and mowing programs, managing up to five employees to keep client properties in pristine condition. Responsible for maintaining all field equipment to keep in good operating order. The lawn service manager is required to keep detailed records of all chemicals applied to stay in compliance with state and federal regulations. Acts as liaison between clients, landscape architects, and landscape maintenance manager. Work week exceeded 50 hours per week as needed to complete workload.
Great path in life.
Horizontal Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 28, 2016
Close brother and sister bond. We work together as a family to complete missions and get back home safe one team one fight.
Pros
amazing bond
Cons
seeing family less
My military job
Financial Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Puerto rico GuaynaboJune 28, 2016
Even thought is part time, I love being part of the military i have gained experience and knowledge. Sadly thought the salary is not really enoght since its only monthly.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
part time
Army
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 28, 2016
I joined the Army 9 years ago and haven't regretted a day of it. I still enjoy what I do and love the people I work with, we are family.
Leadership and courtesies
Water Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ceiba Municipio, PRJune 27, 2016
The Army is known by its working protocols and organization. In my experience the Army has thouthg me team work, responsability and discipline.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Not a full time job
Always experiancing new things an meeting new people.
11B Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 25, 2016
Maintain tactical efficiency, work well in a team, maintain situational awareness. maintain physical conditioning.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
no family time
Being a Leader in the military
Delivery Team/Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Story, VAJune 25, 2016
Managing over 30 plus personnel in different areas of a detachment. That with the responsibility level that I am required to have must make it all work as a unit. Daily task applies to completing awards, making sure that soldiers are trained to standard, and accomplishment of the mission. Very dependable co-workers that I can lean on for support. Just the challenge of being the best that I can be to accomplish the task that are given by the command team. Engaging the soldiers underneath me and make the detachment as awhole feel like a family.
Pros
The experience of being the best leader that I can be.
Cons
Dealing with the different poersonalities that the job brings nothing that cna be overcomed.
Challenging work environment
Paralegal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 25, 2016
-The work schedule is strict and to the point.
-Working here has taught me to continue on even when faced with major set backs. It has also pushed me to accept leadership positions and to take charge of a chaotic situation when no one else is willing to step up.
-You cannot advance without developing a sense of teamwork and willingness to help others.
-The hardest part if the job is continuing to work and resisting the urge to quit like you would be able to in any other job. If you cant resist the urge to quit when things get a little overwhelming you wont be able to accomplish the jobs mission when personal issues arise.
-The most satisfying part of this job is working hard and accomplishing a task in the best way possible as well as being acknowledged for your diligence.
Pros
Benefits, help with college
Cons
Hard on the body, long hours and months away from the family
combat engineer
Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 24, 2016
I have wrote the description before in the other review. if there are any questions you can look back at the other review to get your answers
It was a job
Combat Engineer/Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 23, 2016
There are numerous pros and cons to be tied to my personal experiences as a member of the Army Reserve. Some of the best people I've ever know served, so did some of the worst. It was often times a dirty, ugly job, but the sense of brotherhood is unmatched by any other experience.
Awesome Opportunity of a Lifetime.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJune 22, 2016
Awesome Opportunity of a Lifetime, the US Army Reserves gave me the sense of pride that I have to serve my country and to continue to do what is right. A typical day at work is training with your fellow soldiers by having hands on training on the military vehicles and learning different ways on how to perform maintenance on the vehicles. I have learned a lot of things while in the Army. I have learned that working as a team is very important to get any objective done and to always do the right thing no matter if someone is looking or not. The hardest part of the job is deploying and leaving your loved ones behind.
Fun and Challenging
Chaplain Assistant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 22, 2016
Being in the Army Reserve is both fun and challenging. It is fun to travel and learn and do new tasks in various settings. The challenge is to adapt to rapid change and to work to balance the work life and home life balance.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Time away from family
great place to progress
Information Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2016
never ending opportunities to better your self. the most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to meet new people and travel.
Be all that you can be.
CPT (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 21, 2016
Go Army. You won't regret it. Learn soldiering skills, how to follow, how to lead, learn skills that transfer to the workplace, and get paid to do it. Defend your nation; earn your citizenship.
Pros
Strength, Resilience, Courage, Duty, Honor, Country
Cons
Can be tough on family life if you're not ready.
Great people, Good management, and fun atmosphere to work in. Wearing the uniform and serving the Nation is an added plus.
277TH ENGINEER COMPANY (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2016
It is a honor and privilege to serve the United States of America and it's citizens. Lots of hardships and sometime hazards to endure, but overall the pride and benefits outweigh the cons of being an American Soldier.
High Standarts and Discipline requirements.
Finance Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 20, 2016
Typical day of full time (mobilized) service member at Finance office is 8:45 am to 5:15 pm.
Extremely fast pace environment, quick learning, accountability, and self-motivation is a must.
Good working relationship with minimal communication outside of the office may help not to feel trapped at work in overseas environment.
Mostly relaxed and low stress work atmosphere provided by command must be supported by excellent performance, reliability, and accountability.
Pros
Combat entitlements, allowances, incentives, healthcare and life insurance
Cons
Few benefits to non-mobiized service members, short notice changes without regard to civilian life

4.5