U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Productive work Experience
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2017
I learned a lot about attention to detail and accuracy in the army. I believe if you can handle army work you will most probably handle any work.
For me in the reserves I personally wait for another training session. You will like the army reserves.
Great to work with especially as civilian
Food Specialist NCO (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 31, 2017
Military life is challenging however if you have a great chain of command like i did over the past 11 years you learn alot and begin to miss the ones you worked for
not for everyone
Combat Engineer (SAPPER) (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 31, 2017
great time learned new skills brushed up on being a civil person multi-able deployments contracting advancement plenty to learn 3 hots and a cot. not for every one.
Great leadership and learning capabilities. Great benefits!
Public Affairs Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 30, 2017
Soldiers get the chance to become whatever they want to become in the US Army. Great benefits, great schools and traveling. Choices of becoming a full-time Soldiers or part-time Soldier are available.
Nothing Stronger Than Army Strong
US Army (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAOctober 30, 2017
HOOOAH Best years of my life were spent serving my country. Most patriotic career in the nation. Gained knowledge, discipline, and awareness of others. I also was introduced to many career advancing skills.
It is great for single people
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 30, 2017
I have no bad things to say but Army is better for single people. Medical insurance is great. Being a Sergeant in the Army is great as well as long as you are a great role model to soldiers' and they wanting to look up to you.
Pros
Keeps you in shape
Cons
Having to manange personal life with army life
I will reenlist
US Army Reserves (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 29, 2017
I love this job you get to meet new people around the world the USAR has many opportunities for anyone willing to serve their country. It's only a 8 year contract unless you reenlist.
Pros
free food
Cons
depends on your unit
It sucks and I love it.
Civil Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 28, 2017
You will be yelled at, worked to the bone, and some days will be just horrible.

But I loved the job. It is what you make it. You can suffer and play the hand you’re dealt, or you can learn and build yourself with every new experience. I have learned more about life and people in a short time than I would have anywhere else. I have learned to do the small, unimportant jobs well; they will make the important jobs easier. I have learned to be equal with praise and punishment; morale will cripple any endeavor. I have learned that I fight for criminals as well as innocents; everyone deserves a second chance.

I will live and die a soldier, because there is nothing else I’d rather be.
Part of a greater cause, to protect our nation
Senior Counterintelligence Technician (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 27, 2017
Limitless opportunity to learn and utilize new skills, make lasting relationships and travel the world. Each day presents a new challenge and adventure, often leading to far off lands or experiences that tie us all back together. Often times, the best moments are when we come together and just tell about our journey, the ups and downs, struggles and triumphs; still proving we're all in this together.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
Time away from family
Good interaction
AGR - Unit Administration/Training NCO (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJOctober 27, 2017
The Army Reserve offers people the opportunity to work in their civilian careers or attend college full time while serving near home. Army Reserve Soldiers receive the same training as active-duty Soldiers. After Basic Combat Training (BCT) and Advanced Individual Training (AIT), Army Reserve Soldiers return to their civilian lives and spend one weekend a month training to keep their skills sharp. For roughly two weeks a year, Army Reserve Soldiers focus on challenging field and specialty training. They may even have the opportunity to attend competitive Army training programs such as Airborne and Air Assault schools. Service options for the Army Reserve range from three to six years.
Reserves
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCOctober 26, 2017
Great one weekend a month job. Good for those that currently work, but would like the benefits. Dental and Medical plans available. Tuition assistance available
Incredible life experience
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  VariableOctober 26, 2017
My experience in the Army Reserve taught me many things, including that with the right mindset great things can be achieved. It helped forge the man I am today.
Great job Zane character builder
Officer (Current Employee) –  Ft sill okOctober 26, 2017
Worked as a platoon leader, commander, executive officer and aide de campe. All are great positions in a great organization. High demands and high outputs.
Pros
Working with soldiers
Cons
Limited time to work
Disciplined and professionalism is paramount in the Army Reserves
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MI; Detroit, MI; Harrison Township, MIOctober 26, 2017
I had ample opportunities in the Army reserves. I had paid travel and company credit card and vehicle. The training is intense and very thorough. Advancement is encouraged. A typical day is 6 am Physical Training for 1 1/2 hour, breakfast for an hour at the cafeteria, Formation at either 8 or 9 am for approximately 30 minutes, and then go to your respective offices. Most military assignments incorporate your job training, some are outside of your training but cross-training is available. The hardest part of the military is the work hours. You can work a 12 hour day on average. Also, there is a duty roster that changes twice a day most of the time. So you are encouraged to check the bulletin board twice a day. You could have graveyard shift duty on top of your regular work day.
Pros
Excellent benefits, 30 days paid leave, clothing allowance annually, paid travel pay, food, and lodging.
Cons
Long hours at work. Ever changing duty roster.
Great benefits and excellent place to advance
Administrative Personnel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 26, 2017
The Army Reserve is a great place to work, especially for those who want to honor their country. The benefits for both you and your family are beyond compare and the retirement package, should you choose to retire, is one of the best out there.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Takes a lot of time to get the benefits you are entitled to.
Military Service
Network Administrator / Helpdesk Support (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 26, 2017
I would recommend military service to anyone. I have gained valuable experience and personal growth. Military personnel are mission focused and dedicated to the values of our country. If I was asked to do it all again, I would, happily.
Pros
Character Building
Cons
Poor pay, Not enough active time
Life Lessons
Military Police (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 26, 2017
In the military you will learn a lot that you can you to help you later on in life and also have the honor to serve this great country . it was the best decision i made.
Be all you can be
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 25, 2017
I needed a change in my life so I joined the USAR. Figured if i hated it I would only be committed to one weekend a month and 2 weeks in the summer. One of the best experiences as you are pushed to the limit physically and mentally.
Don't join the military
Geospaitial Intelligence Imagery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAOctober 25, 2017
Racist Culture. Uninviting. No room for professional growth. Joining the US Army Reserve was the worst decision that I ever made. It has decreased my quality of life.
US Army Reserve
Family Medicine Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAOctober 25, 2017
Great unit with group of wonderful soldiers of varying professions. Unit includes MDs, PTs, PAs, medics, nurses. All share our medical experiences for learning during each drill weekend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5