U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,402 reviews matching the search
Great Head Start
25B Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJune 6, 2017
Great head start for any career path. Challenging process but very satisfactory at the same time. Great way to create self company in yourself mentally and physically
What I Have Learned
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 6, 2017
Over the last 10.5 years I have grown tremendously as a person, partially because of the military. The military gave me the discipline and self confidence to become who I have become today. They have provided ample opportunity to build my leadership skills as well as implement the skills learned. Leading in the military can be similar to leading in the civilian sector, however, the military has a little more strictness to it. That strictness helped me to develop a higher standard for myself, and I often find myself holding those who work under me to a slightly higher standard than those in the same position as myself. I have been assigned to many additional duties and have gained a lot of knowledge that is transferable to the civilian sector from those assignments.
Great to serve others
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 6, 2017
Great atmosphere if you are competitive and looking to working in an environment where you can continuously work to progress in your career. Great motivating environment with unlimited potential for helping others and serving a bigger purpose. Can be stressful but worth the stress in the end.
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
Deployments and training can be unexpected
Army
Automated Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2017
It is the military, so there will be good times, and times you spend away from your family and friends. It's a job that has meaning and alot of community support. My time in the military taught me to be a better person and kept me out of trouble.
Great way to see the world and to start a career
92Y Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJune 6, 2017
The army reserves has taught me a lot in my four (4) years. I've made great friends and got to see part of the u.s. .
It's not an easy experience to go through, however its only as tough ad you make it.
Pros
College befits
Cons
Stressful, Fun, a lot down time
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Blacklick, OHJune 6, 2017
Typical weekend day is Physical Training in the morning, classes throughout the day, at the end of the day you will discuss what needs to be accomplished the following day(s) or next time you come.
Fun with work
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJune 6, 2017
Home of freedom, defend the country. I advise all the young people to volunteer and work for the US Army .
I enjoy every weekend when I go to Do my Drill .
Selfless Service
Earned position of Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
Being in the Army Reserves has been good but not great. We spend our drill weekend chasing our tails and filling out useless paperwork that inevitably ends up as trash by next month. There's two kinds of people in the Reserves the realists and the everyone else. Realists know that they're there to do their MOS and train for war. Everyone else pretends there's a war and become super micromanaging know it alls and the others become baggage that you have to pull along to accomplish anything.
Pros
Free lunches and random store discounts
Cons
Civilian life disruption and toxic work environment in every since of the word.
Best Place You'll Ever Work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 5, 2017
If you want the benefits of a sign-on bonus, post-911 GI bill to pay for school, world travel, and life-skills without the hassle of leaving your home-state, the US Army Reserve is the way to go.
productive workplace
Behavioral Health Technician/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 5, 2017
excellent opportunities to grow and expand your knowledge and talents in any field of occupation you would like to per sue. assessing patients teaching them proper coping skills, teaching therapy groups. hardest part of the job was waking up so early and working late nights. best part of the job was being able to help others in a time of need and making them feel like they are not alone through the process.
Requires Self Discipline
Senior Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McPherson, GAJune 5, 2017
Challenging. Requires self discipline. Great opportunities to being "twice the citizen", as long as you're motivated and take initiative. Be in shape, keep your Soldiers and supervisor informed during the month when not on battle training assembly (BTA) reserve weekend duty.
Productive Work place needs more guidance from leadership
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Statham, GAJune 4, 2017
Its a pretty straightforward job that can be easily done just needs more direction from leadership on what needs to be done. The people make the job very enjoyable but the management needs to be more involved in get the job done. Instead of micromanaging certain things.
Difficult but good for you
Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 4, 2017
Enlisting in to the military is a difficult decision, but having a strong heart and mind is what will get you through to the end and finally see the good in the army.
Serve Your Country and Learn New Opportunities
Senior Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJune 4, 2017
The Army has given me the discipline and motivation needed to Honorably serve for over 15 years and complete all my educational goals. I have visited many cultures, experienced many different backgrounds, and have grown professional in the process.
Great opportunity
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAJune 3, 2017
The army Reserves is great for anyone willing to devote time to our military inn all aspects whether it be Army, Navy, Air force or Marines. We are the United States of America
BEST Darn Job I've ever Had
Cargo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2017
If you truly want to get ahead in Life Join the Army and learn some things about life...

Great Hands on Training in Multiple fields
Leadership Qualities
Benefits
Women
Men
Just so much Experience
and you're Well Taken care of
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Trump
Productive Training for Military and Civilian life
Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2017
Report to formation for physical training. After personal hygiene we would train on weapons, life saving activities, and ext. Some days we would work on clearing rooms for missions. Most days we would train on our MOS which is an automated logistic specialist.
Pros
Comradery
Cons
Punishment for the actions of others.
Life Experience
Automotive Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJune 2, 2017
Definite life Experience good for jump starting a career. Offered many benefits such as Full covered (not Free) health care. Meals provided. Travel is included.
Laid back spread out enviorment.
Combat Medic (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 1, 2017
Wake up at around 0530 to be in formation by 0630. I'm standing behind the formations watching as he is explaining the task for the unit. The task might include PT, vehicle maitenance, going to other units to join their tasks from the Captain, jump days, in the field, weapons quals and many more. My journey started way back in 2012 and if I've truly learned anything being in the Army its teamwork. Really have to not meet just your goals but the whole goal with your brothers and sisters together.
Pros
friends, laughs and guns
Cons
long days, low pay and other peoples guns
Service to your Country
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2017
Day to day operations change on a daily basis, best way to adapt is to be always flexible. Best way to see the country and the World. Join the true 1% of Americans, those who serve their armed forces.
Pros
Best benefits one can find!
Cons
You belong to the Government. Be prepared to get called up to serve at any time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5