U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,097 reviews matching the search
Short path to success
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Juana Díaz Municipio, PRMarch 1, 2017
It offers you a lots of opportunities to grow as an individual, it all depends if you take it or not. Strict environment and sometimes time consuming.
Army Values and Discipline
15F - Aircraft Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 1, 2017
Excellent Job, teaches self discipline and Army Values (Leadership, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage). Helps encourage physical fitness to be active in everyday tasks.
Exciting ever changing experience
Supply Sergeant & Battalion Master Driver (Current Employee) –  Ashley, PAMarch 1, 2017
The most exciting workplace in the world, serving with some of the best individuals in a caring environment that brings out the best in all who serve.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long periods away from family
Reasonable for the benefits
390th Engineer Company (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 1, 2017
The benefits and opportunities to acquire trade skills are balanced out by the fact that numerous sergeants that project "toxic" leadership and cannot pass a physical fitness test.
Pros
Good benefits and trade opportunities
Cons
Often times the leadership is toxic
The Army's Little Brother
Psychological Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 1, 2017
Being in the Army Reserve was almost like being on Active Duty but I was home a lot more, while still being able to deploy about as much as I wanted to... the best of both worlds!
Great opportunity
Heavy Wheel Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DE 19958March 1, 2017
Joined the military after a year of college. Deployed. Met a lot of great people and great experience. Will never forget it.
Army Reserves: The good, the bad, and the ugly
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 28, 2017
Due to being in the Army Reserves, I drill one weekend a month every month and two weeks in the summer. This gives me the opportunity to pursue other passions, such as my education.
When I go to work (drill), my tasks include creating presentations for those in the chain of command. These presentations are on countries of interest, current events, and training.
I have learned to be flexible. There is a lot of work to get done in the two short days of drill.
My immediate supervisors are superb at disseminating the newest information. At times, it can be challenging due to the nature of having a short amount of time. This is when being flexible comes in.
The work that needs to be done, always gets done. My supervisors make it a priority for me to be able to get what I need to do done. This can prove to be difficult because it can be hard to find the resources, such as a computer. We are allotted one computer per ten people, but in my section we all need computers.
To accomplish getting the work done, we work together. Sometimes we'll team up, other times we'll take the work home and bring it back the next day.
My favorite part of being in the Army Reserves is learning. Every weekend I go to work, I learn something new. I love that I have the opportunities to learn how to use technologies, do tactics, and so much more.
unk
Staff Sergeant, Imagery Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 28, 2017
This portion is required by the host of this site. I do not know what they are looking for from me on this. This portion did not convey well when I transferred my resume.
Weekend training.
21 Whiskey Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 28, 2017
Enjoyed being around the individuals who were training. I liked that physical fitness was important. We operated large trucks for transporting large army equipment.
Pros
Worked with and trained with great people.
Not what it used to be
Military Information Support Operations (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 28, 2017
Budget constraints are killing Army Reserve. Organization keeps asking more and more of the leaders and gives less and less in return. this year I spent nearly 2K on equipment and uniforms I should have been issued. When they say volunteer force, they mean volunteer time and resources. I still love it.
It was never a dull moment.
Food Service Specialist (92G) (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCFebruary 28, 2017
It was challenging at times. I went on my first deployment days after 9/11 terrorist attack, so that was very troubling but this was my duty and I was prepared to complete my tasks. The environment was pretty good because you learn very quickly to take care of your own and to help each other out.
operated heavy equipment
Heavy Construction Engineer (Former Employee) –  3677 street NC-55, Cary, NC 27519February 28, 2017
operated heavy equipment, trained day and night, always on toes, helps with management skills, always someone on there toes.
no thank you
Arabic Translator (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHFebruary 28, 2017
I tried the army for a year after completing my service in the Marine Corps. I found the training to be shoddy and inconsistent across the board.
Cons
Lax discipline and training standards
U.S. Army Reserve Officer
Captain, Airborne-Ranger (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX and Walker, MnFebruary 27, 2017
While I with the 90th Army Reserve Command Headquarters in San Antonio, it was terrific. I worked in progressively more challenging positions and always received very favorable Office Efficiency Reports. My favorite position was that of Headquarters Commandant, essentially responsible for the headquarters staff and function in ways similar to a unit company commander. This was a bit challenging as the company consisted of corporals to bird colonels, and I was a Captain. That was a fun year. When I moved to Minnesota, I was a real Infantry Rifle Company Commander. The Battalion commander, my boss, was an Ordinance Officer with absolutely no knowledge of commanding an Infantry battalion. Army Rangers and staff type officers do not work well together so I left the Army Reserve.
Pros
Great soldiers in my Company
Cons
Staff officer pretending to be a line officer
Proudest Achievement
SERVICE MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 27, 2017
I have never been so proud to be in an organization that is full of passion and such determination to achieve and excel in our goals and mission. Being a part of the United States Army has helped me with a lot of my leadership skills and organizational skills. Determination & Dedication to get the job done the right way has helped paved my path with my recent careers in Healthcare.
Motor Pool
Power Generation Equipment Repairer (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 27, 2017
a day at work would consist of working on any vehicle, motor, generator, or aircraft that needed maintenance being serviced in a timely manner with the hours logged
Army Reserves Drill Weekend
Logistics Officer (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GAFebruary 27, 2017
A typical drill weekend begins early in the morning for accountablity. After all personnel are accounted for, the company conducts our physical training session for an hour and a half. Once the physical training session is over all personnel will utilize the hour to conduct hygiene and eat breakfast before reporting back to work.
The workplace culture is pretty diverse and consist of multiple cultural backgrounds. Being in this position requires me to be leader,many will come to me to looking for answers and guidance.
There are many challenges that come with being in the reserves. The main one is getting everone on one accord, the reason being is because we gather together only once a month. The only course of action that I can take is to address it during conference calls and contiue to actively communicate with the company's leadership. The most enjoyable part of this jobs is interacting with soldiers, the mentorship I recieve from the more experinces serivces memeber, the overall personal and professional development I recieve with this job. What I learn from being apart of this organization is, its not all about me, its a team effort all decisions that are made must positively accommadate everyone as a collective whole.
Mp
31B Military Police (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2017
Not something that you would consider to be enjoyable. Very unorganized, and you basically just sit there for two days a month. Leadership lacks the skills needed to lead.
Courage
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARFebruary 26, 2017
Military life is not for most but the few that do choose to join and lay their life down to protect others deserve respect. We would not be they country we are today without the soldiers of the past.
Wasn't What I Expected
92A Automated Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 26, 2017
The army just isn't for everyone. Overall it was great experience being able to say that i made it through the course . But being at my Reserve unit is when i realized that it wasnt something that i really enjoyed . The military is very unorganized and i just couldnt handle not knowing my next move and not knowing if we have a back up plan . My unit waisted alot of time doing nothing through out long days . The pay just wasnt enough when i could be doing more and getting paid more .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5