U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,606 reviews matching the search
Awesome work environment.
DRILL SERGEANT (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 27, 2016
Great organization to work for. We only work a weekend a month, two consecutive weeks a year. During weekend drills, we train and/or re-certify on skills needed to better do our job. One of the things I enjoy the most is interacting with fellow soldiers and learning from all the outside skills they bring to the reserves.
An honorable way to serve this country
HEALTHCARESPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 10, 2016
Fun and exciting training and help to people in hospital and emergency care in the battlefield.
The most enjoyable aspect is travelling the world and meeting new people. The food provided is usually always great. Hardest part is usually having to relocate family every few years.
Enjoyable if you know what you are getting into
Civil Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mattydale, NYJune 5, 2016
I knew what I signed up for and I wasn't disappointed with my unit. On the flip side read your contract and do your own homework BEFORE talking to the recruiter.
Pros
On average the people you work with are great.
Cons
The VA will hang you out to dry the first chance they get.
Productive and consistent
Sr. Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJuly 12, 2016
Service is one weekend a month and two weeks annually. The training opportunities and leadership experience offer an advantage; the company is diverse in regards to race, orientation, and age. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
Pros
Education benefits
In the right unit you can achieve a lot
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAMarch 7, 2016
Depending on the unit, your weekend will be filled with training and education to ensure you are ready to be called upon should the Army need you.
On the flip side, you have to be creative enough to find something constructive to do once you have completed all of the tasks needed to be battle ready.
Pros
Great benefits, teamwork
Cons
You are as bad as the weakest link in your unit
Structured and helpful work environment
88L10 Watercraft Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work starts off with a formation and instructions on what the plan for the day will be. We report to our team leaders for our daily tasks and are sent off. My command always helps me with whatever I have questions on and I have learn many things about all the systems on an LCU 200 Army vessel.
Pros
Learning about all the machinery
Cons
I really like the way things are going in the army reserves, when my contract ends, i am going to renelist and continue my milliratary job
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  New Kensington, PAMay 11, 2016
I would rate all five stars, but my computer is not cooperating. but I love everything about my job in the army and everything I do.
Pros
great way of travel and benifts.
Cons
Not that much free time
US Army Reserve
Public Communication Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2016
I have been in the army/army reserve for over 27 years. I have been deployed multiple time and enjoy serving my country. I enjoy the comrade and how us Warriors look out for each and our families. I feel that serving my country has been an honorable thing to do.
Pros
benefits, connection, comrage
Cons
NA
Assisted Plans Officer with Training Schedules
Plans Officer S3 (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 5, 2016
I loved attending drills on the weekends, It gave me a chance to see how the military operates. Also being a part of a team helps to build strong relationships.
Pros
Having a chance to serve the Milirary
Cons
Bureaucracy, Like public service, things are slow to change.
Great job to retire to.
Specialist E4, Bravo Company (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAFebruary 24, 2016
Daily life way very routine. Everything was the same every day.

I learned how to be a leader and how to follow instructions at a young age.

Management was astounding because they all started from the bottom and worked there way to the top, teaching others as they moved along.

The comradery was unparalleled. I made friends for life in the Army.

The hardest part was the lack of sleep and constant imminent danger.

The most enjoyable part of the job was keeping our country safe.
Pros
Food was great and consistent. long breaks, independence.
Cons
Poor pay and strain to the body.
Go Army
Signal support specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinati OhMay 26, 2016
Good retirement, take care of them they will take care of you. Its a brotherhood. You will make friends for life. You have formation in the morning you get word as of what will be going on and you do your job from there getting out between 430 and 530 depending on the day and what has been going on
Go Army
Power Generation equipment repair Tech 91D (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 8, 2016
Arrive for formation and inspect my soldiers. Conduct training on military equipment, assign work to individual soldiers and provide performance counseling, discipline and guidance. Advisory to the Commander and construct power generation needs to include load calculations and placement of emergency power generators.
Pros
Carreer advancement
Cons
N/A
Unit Supply Specialist (92Y) (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMarch 10, 2016
The days are sometimes long and some days its short, but yet bitter sweet. Develop my management and leadership skills over time, and learn to trust my judgement. The hardest part of the job is dealing with some people. Most coworkers are easy to get along with, yet there are some that folds under pressure.
Pros
Get to see the country and the world
Cons
healthcare can be better
Hard work but rewarding and fullfilling
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2016
A typical day at work, waking up at four am to do pushups and run two to five miles. Going to eat breakfast, shower, and change into the best uniform in the world. then getting locked into a classroom to learn about routers and switches all day.
Fun team building environment
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Devens, MAJuly 18, 2016
Being the new person at my unit it would be easy to become overwhelmed with all the new information that was given to me arrival. However that was not the case. My coworkers were very friendly and knowledgeable with any questions i might have had.
Very rewarding place with outstanding potential for growth
SENIOR PARALEGAL (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMay 20, 2016
This place has provided me with extensive leadership and management experience. I have gained many years of legal research and document review. I have many oportunities to work in on complex projects with various developmental stages.
The Army forces you to push yourself everyday
MILITARY POLICE OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 11, 2016
I love everything about the military, It forces me to push myself above and beyond the previous limits that I had set for myself. It forces me to get uncomfortable and step out of my comfort zone which facilitates personal and metal growth.
I was not cut out for the Army.
Part Time Secretary - Temp (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJApril 10, 2016
My days revolved around scheduling for the arrival and departure of reservists for their two week duty. Name, rank, location, next of kin, mode of transportation (whether private or needed to reserve space on a military bus). Confirming billet space and troubleshooting any problems that may arise.
Personal growth encouraged
Logistics Supply NCO (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 30, 2016
Army Reserves has potential for travel. Education is encouraged and promoted. Serving the community is rewarding. Once you know your job you can move to jobs in other states and move into a full time Active Reserve position with retirement potential.
Pros
Pension potential, salary
It was a job
Combat Engineer/Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 23, 2016
There are numerous pros and cons to be tied to my personal experiences as a member of the Army Reserve. Some of the best people I've ever know served, so did some of the worst. It was often times a dirty, ugly job, but the sense of brotherhood is unmatched by any other experience.

4.5