U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,283 reviews matching the search
wonderful
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCApril 30, 2017
the people you meet in the army are amazing. you will never forget some and others youll never remember. you will create some of the longest lasting families you can imagine.
Excellent Organization
Sr. HR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 30, 2017
Being a member of the US Army Reserve has exposed me to unlimited opportunities that has allowed me to travel America while serving my country. I could not have had these experiences if I had not volunteered for my country at such an early age and continued serving my country for the last almost 30yrs.
Pros
Travel, unlimited potential and profesional relationships.
Plenty of recreation areas
Certified Personnel Management Specialist (75C) (Former Employee) –  Michigan/Georgia/New Jersey/IndianapolisApril 30, 2017
The military was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I was able to provide for my family without having to worry about where my next meal was coming from, let alone all of my bills was paid with ease.
Pros
A guaranteed to stay in shape
It's not Ideal.
Specialist Enlisted (Current Employee) –  Bell, CAApril 30, 2017
The job definitely is not for everyone, and doesn't nearly pay enough. However you can certainly expect job security. There is always room for advancement, when one applies themselves.
Efficient Productive Operation
Retail Salesperson and Deliveries (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 30, 2017
I learned how to execute orders efficiently, while simtaneously working rapidly. I learned that honesty and integrity is just as important as the results that I obtained. I was trained in Chemical, Biological,, Radiological Nucelear specialties and in basic Army Manuevers..
Pros
Discipline
Cons
Not enough work
Horrible working environment
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSApril 30, 2017
There was never a set work plan and there was a serious conflict of interest between top leadership and mid-level leadership and lower enlisted. And we never was complimented at all.
Pros
able to help fellow soldier
Cons
no promotion
A Very Productive workplace providing the defense of our nation.
Officer Evaluation Ratings (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXApril 29, 2017
It was a part time position which required one weekend each month and two weeks during the summer.
It was the Executive Officer and Platoon Leader for two Combat Company Units in Air Defense Artillery and Combat Engineers. I was in charge of all combat sections of the Company sized units. I trained enlisted and non commissioned personnel.
I was always learning new techniques of warfare and procedures pertaining to all sections under my command.
Pros
Free education and healthcare including advancement and travel throughout the United States.
Cons
I have no complaints what so ever.
Review Summary
Civil Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 29, 2017
Great place to work and live in the Army culture while learning valuable skills in an interesting job. Drills dates are only one weekend a month so it is not overwhelming on your personal time and the pay is good for the amount of work time required.
Loved it
Automated Logistics Specialist (92A) (Former Employee) –  Bell, CAApril 29, 2017
Loved the environment and the rules that were set. It really is something you should experience because you want to experience it. Not for the benefits or any other reason.
Leadership and Government Operated
1LT, Operations HR Manager (Adjunct General Corps) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 29, 2017
The Military is what you make it, if you want to succeed and you are dedicated to your country you will succeed. I learned that being a leader is being a good follower. Your management team is directed by the government and you should have the personal courage and integrity to follow their guidance. The hardest part about the job is that it comes second to none. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you made a difference everyday.
Pros
Training, Leadership Development, Workplace Culture
Cons
Dangerous
Its the Army Reserve
91D, Power Generator Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 28, 2017
We're weekend warriors. We train on our jobs. We stand ready to be deployed and defend our country at a moments notice. You don't make much as a reservist and there are no benefits.
Military Police-31B
Military Police (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOApril 28, 2017
Reserve is the best way to serve while also working toward other goals in life. The job can be stressful but over all rewarding. Learned to strengthen my leadership skills and put them to better use.
N/a
Nodal Network Systems Operator-Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAApril 27, 2017
The reserves are a source of helping someone get into school and paying for it. However the user should take the time to learn everything there is about their benefits and how to properly use them.
I Love the military
Motor Pool SGT, Manager (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 27, 2017
i have 17+ yrs in the military and i love evry bit of it. i really dont know what to say other that if you have been of something very deer to you you would understand what i mean. More so if you have been in combat.
Pros
save lifes
Cons
loose life
Enjoyable and straight forward place to work
Intel Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 27, 2017
My unit was always about getting the job done. Business first and fun later. It was a very structured environment and I enjoyed it. Leadership were spot on with direction and also very involved with coworkers work life along with personal life. They were an amazing crew to work with.
Pros
Once job was done you were released
Cons
Medical cost a lot for a 2 person family
Productive and fun partnerships
Chemical Operator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCApril 26, 2017
Great. Typically day consist of physical fitness training for about an hour, then we have personal hygiene time to get ready and put on assigned uniform. We have platoon time and discuss issues within the platoons. We have some short videos and training to complete throughout the day. Lunch is served at the nearest restaurant. Then we continue the day and dismiss when all needed tasks are completed.
Army reserve
Logistics & Training Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 26, 2017
The work was difficult but satisfying. You are required to learn on your own the skills needed to complete the required work. There is slow upward mobility and low pay
Outstanding workplace
Combat Engineer Squad Leader (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 26, 2017
Amazing work environment. It can be physically and mentally demanding but after realizing how much knowledge you acquire by the end of the day, it's totally worth it.
Easy going flexible work environment
DISTANCE TRAINING FACILITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 26, 2017
I love being an asset to the soldiers whom I serve. I am very helpful to them while taking their online classes or needing detailed information. It is my purpose to help everyone who path I cross in anyway that I can.
Pros
Free lunch, Meet/network with many different cultures.
Cons
Security measures and communication throughout installation.
Great workplace
Military Police (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCApril 26, 2017
Learning experience is great, this will help you adapt to anything that comes your way. Challenges will become fun and exciting. Everyone will have a different view of experiences with this job. Some individuals can handle the pressure and will make it just fine. While others struggle at first and then overcome, and in many situations you have individuals that struggle the entire term.
Pros
Knowing what your mission is when the day starts.
Cons
Sudden change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5