U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,799 reviews matching the search
got ript off
Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2017
My time with the reserves was great, until I transferred to a dispensary unit in Jackson, MS. Not all bad, but there were unfair promotions and my efforts to go to physicians school were undermined and ripped off by the commander
Pros
good training
Cons
need monitoring
Miltary experience
Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 28, 2017
Working for the government has its pros and cons but you get paid to do something that will help your country and your community. You get to travel and meet new people.
Pros
traveling for free
Cons
Hurry up and wait when in training mode.
Productive, fast-paced enviroment with opportunity to grow and learn each day.
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 28, 2017
The begins at 0630 to render salute to the flag, and then to start conducting physical training. After physical training we get ourselves ready for the work day by 0930, If you arent doing your selected job then you will be conducting maintenence on your equipment, training, lawncare and cleanup of company/ building area, etc. then the day ends around 1800. The most awarding part of my job is knowing that at the end of every single day I have gained more knowledge than before. The work place is always fast-paced such as if youre not doing anything productive someone will find something for you to do productive.
Good opportunity if this is the kind of thing you're looking for.
2 Lieutenant (O-1) (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 28, 2017
Hard to give a succinct review here at all, experience varies tremendously depending on the time you decide to be in the Reserves, your position, and the unit you're in. If you're speaking with a recruiter and hearing about benefits, make sure you do your own research and figure out your own plan. The benefits package can be great, if you know how to use it, but otherwise you might feel like you got cheated. the education benefits in particular can be very convoluted, just don't take anything for granted.
challenging work environment
Aircraft Powertrain Repairer/ NDI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 28, 2017
being in the military will challege you like youve never been challenged before. from the time you go through basic training to when you get to your unit and deploying.
productive and competitive workplace
88N Transportation Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCAugust 28, 2017
It was good to work for our country as well as for a team like the Army. To learn and to live the Army values such as leadership integrity duty and honor definitely shaped my foundation as a worker and member of a team.
Join the army
US Army (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 28, 2017
Reserves is the best way to serve your country and advance your civilian career. Plus free schooling, discounted health care, and school provided depending on job
Growing Strong family team, respect of all army core values
88M Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 28, 2017
Leadership
team building
A lot of encouragement to better ones self and to help others better themselves
I am a truck driver for the united states army reserves, I am also a part of a team that builds together and gets every mission done in accordance to the small amount of time given. I also play a role in leadership to make sure all vehicles are inspected and mission ready capable when needed.
Great
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Devens, MAAugust 27, 2017
The United States Army Reserves, has changed my life. The experience of going through the whole process of joining. They have helped me out a lot. I only wish I went active.
Lots of Leadership Changeover
Information Systems Operator/Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2017
My unit had been going through numerous leadership changes in my time there which made it hard to get a lot of training done. We were constantly doing changeovers and bringing new leadership up to speed. We would get used to their way of working and then the next month, they would be gone.

I was proud to serve, but organization could have been a lot better.
great placed to be
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJAugust 26, 2017
Fun and challenging environment where you can contribute to being a part of something bigger than yourself.
Being able to work in a team filled environment at all times makes it a lot of fun
great place
Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 25, 2017
The Army was a great place of employment. The army offered my family and I great benefits. I ha to leave under medical conditions. I served my country to the best of my ability.
Pros
fought for my country
Cons
wear & tear
High Stress Enviorment with great benefits, and learning enviorment.
Chemical Specialist (74D) (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INAugust 25, 2017
A typical day at work includes morning PT (fitness training), followed by personal hygiene. The work day starts following, at 0730. My roles included; sensitive items inventories, cyclic inventories (monthly), managing items incoming from other units (lateral transfers), and working on training plans with other leaders to plan accordingly for next Battle Assembly.
The management structure is based off what Unit an individual is attached to, every unit varies. I would say communication is the biggest lack in the military.
Another good statistic in the military is the different cultures of ethnicities from all over the world. This gives various options, and opportunities to pursue new ways to train soldiers.
The hardest part of the job is, the way the communication works between higher leaders. For example, one Officer could say, "You need to do this." While doing this said task, another person of higher rank than you could confront you of doing this task, and say your doing it wrong, or question why you are doing said task.
The most enjoyable part is working with the soldiers, learning them as a person, and seeing their strong points. Depending on your time in, you can watch them grow as a leader.
Pros
Great benefits, a career based job, builds atrributes for future oppurtunities
Cons
high stress, poor communication
slow paced but speeding up
ENGINEER IN TRAINING (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 24, 2017
It usually involves a lot of PMCS but since there are other more experienced and work savvy soldiers to both, help teach and get the job done swiftly. A lot of friendly soldiers and no one is grouped up in "friend cliques". That is a great change compared to my time in the National Guard. Unfortunately there aren't many benefits or assist programs for reserve members other than military discounts as far as I have found.
Pros
lunch at buffet
Cons
completing missions late
challenging and rewarding
Signals Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2017
This is a one weekend job per month of military training and honing our specific skills in the army. Maintain military bearing and be responsible on our duties as a non-commision officer
Pros
Life insurance
Cons
Hot
3274Th usah
Army Nurse Corps (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCAugust 24, 2017
I was in charge of the Physical Exam section. One weekend, a senior officer decided I should move to the Orthopedic Floor to supervise enlisted personnel. I had no orthopedic experience and here was a Jr officer already there, who worked in that particular field as a civilian. I threatened to leave the unit and was thus, allowed to continue my then position.
When I was due to attend CGSC, I was not told of the dates of the course. When I found out, it was too late and thus I got passed over for promotion for the same. I civilian unit personnel had issues with many of the minority nurses and was know to fail to assist the nurses in career advancement. Lots of complaints lodged and nothing done.
Pros
Serving my country
Cons
The BS that one endures if a minority
Fulfilling
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 24, 2017
Military, in general, is a great place for people to grow and become better human beings for society.
Training, deployments, and hours are at times difficult on family but well worth the personal growth that is obtained from going through it.
Pros
Experience, self confidence, benefits
Cons
Time away from family
Excellent opportunity to learn new skills and develop great comraderie while serving your country.
Chief, Military Law (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCAugust 24, 2017
A typical day in the Army Reserve depends on what job position you hold. For most, it involves training in your specific job to be prepared for performing that job in a combat environment. Opportunities exist to receive training in other skills for which you have an interest, and which may also benefit you in your civilian life. The workplace culture is disciplined, and people from all walks of life come together at work and form lasting bonds and friendships. Opportunities for advancement exist for anyone willing to work hard.
Great balance. Career and Military Service
Supply Logistics Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 24, 2017
You can serve and still have a career. You can also get training in a field you are interested in(if there is a slot available near you). Trading and traveling is a huge plus. If you later find out the Army is for you, then go active. If you don't like it, do your time and get out. It's not a huge commitment like Active Duty is. Do your weekend, pass your APFT, and go to AT. . . . That's it
Pros
People, training, service
Cons
Bad unit, bad training, bad career unless you leave
Government
SGT USAR(Retired) (Former Employee) –  Gray, TNAugust 24, 2017
Great training and advancement. Best decision I ever made. Think everyone should try and serve. Structured and for the development of highly trained personnel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5