U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,601 reviews matching the search
Its ok
Civil Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 3, 2016
It does not compare to the Active Army, but it has its moment. At the same time it might be because I changed my MOS when I moved into the Reserves from Active duty.
Fun experience and great career, amazing people to work with
Soldier Automated Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCJune 1, 2016
I typical battle assembly was drilling one weekend a month.
I learned a lot from the staff and other soldiers
leadership abilities and traits were taught
leaving for our first deployment as a unit was the hardest thing to do.
The most enjoyable part of the job is we all get to interact and have fun and keep in touch and do it all over again next month.
Pros
We have a family bond in the military.
Cons
Bad training/weather conditions in field training.
Lead Generator Mechanics
Lead Generator Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 1, 2016
As the Lead Generator Mechanic I was in charge of the Generator shop. I knew when every generator needed its services and what was down for maintenance. Where each Generator was while we were deployed, and scheduled their services accordingly. I learned a lot about leadership and delegation while in this position. I was given an opportunity to go to Germany and teach classes for two weeks to units which have generators but no one who knew how to take take care of them.
Productive work place with no issues
Human Resource Specialist (42A) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2016
I love the military because of the consistency and structure within it, my superiors are great and always put the soldiers before the mission.
Grate experience
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Juana Díaz Municipio, PRMay 31, 2016
Good experience, good people, a lot of exercise and self motivation. Good place to grow and learn for future positions on government or private companies.
US Army
All Source Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 31, 2016
Prepared all-source Intelligence products to support the combat commander. Assisted in establishing and maintaining systematic, cross-referenced intelligence records and files. Received and processed incoming reports and messages. Assisted in determining significance and reliability of incoming information. Integrated incoming information with current intelligence holdings and prepared and maintained the situation map. Analyzed and evaluated intelligence holdings to determine changes in enemy capabilities, vulnerabilities, and probable courses of action. Made the preparation of Order of Battle records using information from all sources and in the preparation of strength estimates of enemy units. Assembled and proofread intelligence reports and assisted in the consolidation into military intelligence. Prepared Intelligence Preparation of the Battlefield products.
Ran company orderly room. Kept personnel files up to date, organized and complete. Kept operational flow of orderly room efficient, emplacing record keeping charts, daily briefings and rosters as a standard of organization. Typed memos, attention to orders and award notifications for company commander to sign and approve. Disseminated tasking to and memos to section leaders in the company.
Great life experience
Marksmanship Instructor, Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMay 29, 2016
If you want to change your life for the better and open doors for yourself this is a great way to do it. Command is supportive and the soldiers you work with are the best in the world
Pros
Benefits, Career Opportunities, Sense of Pride
Cons
Long periods away from home, potentially hazardous
Interesting field , worth the sacrifice
Chemical, Biological, Rad Nuclear Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2016
Motivated for everyday life,prepared me for a great future , although my sleep time decreases but I built on strength and hard work which makes me a better person anywhere I find myself
Pros
EDUCATION, LOANS, INSURANCE AND HEALTH CARE
Cons
LITTLE FREE TIME, SHORT VACATON
Go Army
Signal support specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinati OhMay 26, 2016
Good retirement, take care of them they will take care of you. Its a brotherhood. You will make friends for life. You have formation in the morning you get word as of what will be going on and you do your job from there getting out between 430 and 530 depending on the day and what has been going on
Military
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NE 68901May 26, 2016
I love serving my country, and its only 1 weekend a month so plenty of time for civilian life. The hardest part is its the military its going to be stressful. However it still gives me great pleasure to be fighting for my country.
Pride
Heavy Transportation Operator (88M) (Current Employee) –  Galax, VAMay 25, 2016
Being the US Army Reserves gives me the sense of pride that I have to serve my country and to continue to do what is right. A typical day at work is training with your fellow soldiers by having hands on training on the military vehicles and learning different ways on how to perform maintenance on the vehicles. I have learned a lot of things while in the Army. I have learned that working as a team is very important to get any objective done and to always do the right thing no matter if someone is looking or not. The hardest part of the job is deploying and leaving your loved ones behind.
Pros
Great benefits and forever lasting friendships
Cons
Deploying and bad leadership
Enjoyed my time in
Military Policeman (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDMay 23, 2016
As a military police officer in the military I've come to realize that your career will be dictated on the unit you're attached to. Just remember, if you hate the military because of people, try to get transferred elsewhere before completely giving up on it.
Benefits
Great
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MNMay 23, 2016
Like anything, there are places where improvements could've been implemented. But overall, I love it. I enjoyed that my coworkers came from various demographics. I embraced the opportunities to learn new equipment and to challenge myself daily.
You make it worth it
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMay 23, 2016
With the Army pretty much you make your own career which is nice. There's many different ways to promote and grow through the Army.
Pros
Coworkers, Management.
Cons
Hours, pay, no benefits.
SAP usage and experience hightened
CAPTAIN, 35D MILITARY INTELLIGENCE, CC (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 23, 2016
Office Depot Business Solutions Division rewarded top performers generously with couple trips that I had the opportunity to experience.
Pros
Vacations
Cons
Commission structure
I would enlist all over again if I could go back
Soldier (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMay 22, 2016
There isn't a day that goes by that I regret my choice to enlist. It has taught me discipline, safety, and camaraderie. It has given me the opportunity to travel and make life long friends. Yes, normal drill weekends tend to drag on and be boring, but annual training and deployments have been the biggest highlight of my career.
Pros
brotherhood, training, a once a month "vacation"
Cons
a lot of class room training
Rewarding position
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAMay 22, 2016
There's no typical day at work. The most rewarding aspect of the job is knowing you helped soldiers with their problems at the end of the day.
Very rewarding place with outstanding potential for growth
SENIOR PARALEGAL (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMay 20, 2016
This place has provided me with extensive leadership and management experience. I have gained many years of legal research and document review. I have many oportunities to work in on complex projects with various developmental stages.
S1 Review
42A - Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 20, 2016
A typical day when working as a Reservist would be physical training (PT) and multiple classes. Safety classes, NCO classes. I learn how to further understand my job. When I do not know how to do something I am able to go to my co-workers and ask them to help show me how to do it. The hardest part of my job is not always having working or updated equipment which interferes with my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is being surrounded by people who want us to succeeded.
Enjoyable Experince
Family Readiness Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 20, 2016
While working for the US Army Reserves I gained a knowledge of how a command team works. I enjoyed working with people from different backgrounds.

4.5