U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 4,015 reviews matching the search
Perfect for building experience and growth
Psychogical Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 26, 2017
One of the beneficial aspects of the reserve is the ability to build relevant and current professional experience. Though you are still in the Army, there is a lot of opportunity for professional growth and/or lateral movement to other fields.

Due to the nature of the Reserves you are exposed to many types of professionals with many years of experience in many disciplines.
Pros
Experience, comraderie
Cons
Part Time
Interesting place to work
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJanuary 24, 2017
There is nothing more rewarding than serving the country. It is an exceptional career that teach someone to work in very dynamic environments.
Pros
Camaraderie, Training, Traveling opportunities
Cons
Working or training under extreme weather conditions time to time
Army Reserves (Former Employee) –  Seagoville, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Everyone is very helpful to learn the ropes.
I was still in high school at the time and still learning everything, but luckily my unit had no issue helping me with what ever was needed!
Military Police. Personnel Administrator, Drill Sergeant
Military Police Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJanuary 24, 2017
Escort and provide security and control of detainees to holding areas.
Counsel personnel and prepare evaluation reports.
Pros
benefits was substanial
Cons
demanding expected
Basic Army day
Network Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 24, 2017
A normal day in the military is a early day. Starting with physical training. Meetings to go over the schedule and tasks set for the day to be accomplished. Classes that are needed are the first priority, then section time begins. In section time each part of our unit comes together to work on tasks that are section related. For example, in the communication section we would work on the VSAT(very small terminal aperture) system. The Vsat is satellite that is used to provide internet connect when in an environment that doesn't provide those capabilities. We would also that all of our equipment is secure and organized for the training that is coming. Towards the end of the day we go to formation to give reports as to what tasks have been accomplished or the percentage that is accomplished.
Pros
Free Lunch, Discounts
Cons
Minimum time to accomplish tasks because training is one weekend a month.
great work enviroment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2017
We gathered early in the morning to have a small discussion about the tasks that needed to be completed that day and distributed the work out evenly and assisted others without hesitation when needed.
lifetime of memories
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 23, 2017
joined straight out of HS. great place to launch a lifetime career while learning a trade and developing interpersonal skills that will last a lifetime
Pros
paid travel, free tuition assistance
leadeership
92Y Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ashley, PAJanuary 21, 2017
very organized, Strong on equal rights for everyone. Big on productivity through out the day. maintained professionalism. Builds up leadership and communication skills.
Very Well structured,
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ashley, PAJanuary 21, 2017
Great Experiences, has taught me a lot of skills for my job, cares about the people involved, enjoyable environment and easy to get along with others!
I'm very glad to have stayed in
HRS - Part-time (Current Employee) –  IdahoJanuary 20, 2017
It's neither the best nor the worst job I've ever had. The Reserve, however, is by far the most valuable professional thing I've ever been a part of, and looks to be the largest and most valuable piece of my eventual retirement.
benefits
Cons
the disruption caused by mobilization
Depends on who you work with
Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAJanuary 19, 2017
In most places I've been, I truly loved the people I worked with. I would go to great lengths to help them out, and feel that they would work hard to help me out, too. However, my experience in the Army Reserve includes a lot of hours both in a duty status (i.e. got paid to do the work) and in a non-duty status (performed work without compensation on my own time). The requirements of being an active part of the Army Reserve includes maintaining physical fitness standards, maintaining medical fitness, and performing required training according to Army regulations. A lot of my reserve time has been spent doing short-notice work such that a lot of planned activities wound up taking a back seat to things I didn't care about but had to do anyway. These sorts of things can waste a lot of time, and resulted in wearing me out for little to no gain towards doing the things I signed up to do or even the things I was required to do by regulation. Some units are worse than others at doing this, but the problem seemed to be at a very high level, so it affected a lot of units. I would recommend the Reserve for the people you work with, but I feel that sometimes it asks a lot more of people than it claims to.
Pros
People, and satisfaction when you get to do something challenging and fun
Cons
Way more time than one weekend per month and two weeks Annual Training per year.
An excellent way to continue serving your country.
Perioperative Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 19, 2017
The Army Reserves is a great way to serve your country and find balance with a home life as well. We receive relevant trainings that applies to our job description in the Army and apply critical-thinking skills that help to ensure efficient patient care domestically and during deployments or humanitarian missions. The role in the Army Reserves is all about how you foresee career advancements and opportunities for leadership and command goals.
Pros
Excellent benefits, several opportunities for career advancement, and camaraderie among fellow soldiers.
Cons
Driving 2.5 hours to drill monthly can be disheartening.
Reserves
Human Resource Specialist/Postal Operations (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Good job of importance that gives flexibility for students. Teaches individuals integrity, discipline, and honor in service. Definitely recommend high school students with no path in mind to give this a try. One of the best experiences of my life.
Travel and experience
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 19, 2017
I am glad for having the experience of joining the military. It is something that has made me the person that I am today. Some times I wish that I had gone active duty so that I could have seen other areas of the world.
Great work place habits developed with team work skills attributing to workplace
12b Combat engineer (Current Employee) –  Belton, MOJanuary 18, 2017
Great leadership development potential, as well as work place habits instilled. Best camaraderie of anywhere I've ever had an opportunity to work with. Getting paid to shoot guns, work out, and be with your best friends is honestly nothing close to what the real world can offer.
Benefits
Cons
Work life and home balance
logistical specialists
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 18, 2017
Army Logistics specialist
In charge of supply chain for over 150+ soliders
Responsible for tracking shipments
Responsible for solider trainings
Follow army regulations regarding inventory counts
Pros
compensation was ok
Cons
deployments and work life balance
Great work hours
Drill Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJanuary 17, 2017
The Army Reserves is a great opportunity to build a little character and discipline. The hours are great for the amount of pay you receive . If you want a chance to travel for free, give it a try.
Military
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I've learned many things being in the military that being said education and family were the main things the military drilled into us
in which i learned a lot from forklift driving to light mechanic and a fuel tech
Pros
Military Benifits
Cons
Long Tours
A great experience.
Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2017
The army reserves is a great experience. You get a chance during your initial entry training to experience active duty life, which was a blast for me. In the reserves it offers you a chance to be a solider part time and be a student full time as well. If you decide you want to go active after basic and AIT then you def can go to your chain of command and try and get an early release form filled out and approved to go active.
Pros
Benefits, Fun, Life Experiences, Meeting great people and leaders
great
NUTRITION CARE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Oversees unit nutritional guidelines and standards for food procurement and preparation
Coordinates with dieticians to modify diets as indicated by menu and production worksheets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5