U.S. Army Reserves

U.S. Army Reserves Employer Reviews

Military Life on weekends
Signal Support Sergeant (Supervisor) (Current Employee), Forest Park, IllinoisMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good health care with a part time job
Cons: being on call from time to time.
Simple life, that gives a military experience. All the responsibilities and requirements on the weekend. Two weeks a year you live the Army life and get all the benefits. Mainly school and health care.
ok
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), usaFebruary 26, 2015
best learning in my life. had a great time. learning was the best part of my life. not a bad choice. everyone should go though basic training.
Great place to work great people.
Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: continue to learn leadership skills
Cons: that its only part time
Typical day at work; Training
What I've learned; All the skills to be a great leader
My co-workers are great and easy to work with
Most enjoyable part of my job is getting to lead and train soldiers
Progressive career
ENGINEER (Current Employee), Lima, OHFebruary 20, 2015
My Army Reserve career is just an extension to my U.S. Army career. The U.S. Army Reserve gives me a chance to serve my country while enjoying many opportunities as a civilian.
WEEKEND WARRIOR
92Y Supply Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 18, 2015
THE SOLDIERS IN MY UNIT ARE AWESOME THEY DO WHAT THEY CAN TO SELFLESS SERVE THE FELLOW BATTLES DEPLOYED AND THE ONES WHO ARENT.
Great people and amazing training.
Internment Resettlement Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSFebruary 17, 2015
In the army reserves you meet a lot of great people, along with leaning a lot of important things to advance your life. You learn self defense.
instructor
Trainer (Former Employee), Fraser, MIFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: satisfaciton of a job well done
Cons: recognition tkaes awhile to be given
Come in and get the work assignment. Create a lesson plan and make sure it can fit any audience. study the information provided. work with a peer by practicing giving the class. aquire any epuipment needed and make sure it fits the time frame to give the class. Go before a review board and give the class once ready and note any feed back. Sometimes the prep time is not what you expect and you my be called upon to teach additional items with little notice. The ever changing enviornment and the travel can take its toll.
Great place to gain experience
Sergeant (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 15, 2015
I was able to gain a large amount of experience, it was a great job to start me off in my career. Large amount of opportunities to advance in the workforce.
not alot to say
Petroleum Laboratory Specialist (Former Employee), Okmulgee, OKFebruary 11, 2015
A typical day started with physical training. Then it went into inventory. I began with the sensitive items and went on to the disposable items.
Rewarding
Second Lieutenant (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 10, 2015
-Rewarding, Challenging
-Logistics/Planning Officer
-Received training on personnel management and support, various computer operating systems, and professional information brief formats
-Qualified on transportation management and planning, water and fuel purification and distribution, warehouse management and organization, ordering and transporting/distributing various classes of supply, and conducting inventories
Great way to learn a trade and gain leadership experience
Military Police Team Leader (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: education and training
Cons: inconsistent work schedule
The Army Reserve is a part-time career that lets you earn extra income and gain leadership experience. Its a great way to help pay for college as well as learn a useful trade.
Fun place to work
Drill Sergeant (Current Employee), Cary, NCJanuary 31, 2015
A fun part time job that provides good benefits. Learn how to train entry level Soldiers. It is a very rewarding position.
US Army is a great Expirenece
Combat Medic (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: excellent training and benifits
Cons: there can be a lot of down time.
Being apart of the Army is a great feeling. It is a brotherhood that a person builds strong bonds while working and training together. A normal workday can be as slow or fast, it all depends on how you take your duties on. The hardest part of a day is the lengthy power point presentations. My most enjoyable times are during refresher training on my medical skills. The class are outstanding, as are the hands on skill labs. Our chain of command is usually really great at resolving issues and when something can't be resolved it goes higher up the chain until it is fixed.
It is an experience.
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (91B) (Current Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 29, 2015
It is an experience working for the military. Every time you go in it varies what you do. We could be fixing vehicles one day then going out and qualifying with out weapons the next.
There was always a sense of pride and team work that went with accomplishing the task at hand.
Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Ft. Jackson, Charleston, South CarolinaJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: i learned the operation of the u.s. military and supply system
Cons: it was part time
I worked in Clothing Supply ordering uniforms after graduating from Basic Training and A.I.T. where I learned to work efficiently using requisite knowledge. Everyone in the Battalion played an important role in maintaining military readiness within their own specialty. The hardest part of my job was going through Basic Training but it was also where I felt the most accomplishment as I surpassed the requirements necessary to graduate. The most enjoyable part of being in the U.S. Army Reserves was the confidence I gained while working with fellow soldiers.
HUman Resources Specialist
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: traveling to different states and other parts of the world
Cons: leaving my family for long periods of time
Reported to drill once a month and performed job duties as assigned. I learned a lot about the military and different cultures. This unit was managed ok, but it could have been better. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The hardest part about the job was always having to leave my family when I had to leave and go to different training areas, and the most enjoyable part was getting to travel to different states and parts of the world and meeting new people.
Career challenging with endless rewards
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Granite City, ILJanuary 24, 2015
Within my occupational specialty. Have been able to grow and lead peers in multiple settings, allowing for their growth and success in the Army.
Good learning experience
Cryptologic Linguist (Current Employee), Tumwater, WAJanuary 22, 2015
I initially enlisted to get my schooling paid for (at least partially), as well as get my foot into the door in the intelligence field. I'd say in that aspect, I definitely succeeded. However, one facet of the Army Reserve that didn't quite fit my needs were the inflexibility in my own personal choices, namely locations I could live or places I could travel to.

In addition, I never really got to see tangible proof that I personally had had any impact or significance on the overall mission. The Army is one big team, and I'm proud to be on that team, but I'd also like to see evidence of my own hard work, and have my own personal responsibilities.
Productive and never a dull moment
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 20, 2015
I had a great experience in the US Army Reserves. I learned how to be a leader and to pay attention to the needs of my subordinates.
Management is the key to assuring a productive work day.
What I enjoyed the most about serving in the US Army Reserves was that it was a great feeling knowing that I was serving my country, and I would not hesitate to do it again if called upon.
I got to experience the world and learned things I never knew.
Professional in customer service and complaints (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: leaving my family
Cons: great pay and benefits
I really love the military. picked up a lot of skills in the military that I never thought I would learn. I also grew up real fast and it got me focused on life at a different angle and pace. Typical days would be PT then breakfast then report to you regular duty area.The hardest part of the job would working in the heat with the uniforms we had.

1 2 3 4 5