U.S. Army
15,160 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Life Changing
Emergency Management Specialist (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKJuly 8, 2014
Pros: shift work, verbal / physical work
Cons: short break, no windows
Garrison- Monday is your only typical day, Mortor Pool. But, everyother week is different depending on your taskings and mission tempo.
Productivity with career growth
Healthcare Professional (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 8, 2014
Great place to start or finish. Be determined to become a leader in this arena of life. If not, you will not want to succeed mentally. Times may get hard but you definitely will recap when times were harder. It's all in what you make it.
Be all you can be
Health Care Noncommissioned Officer (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 8, 2014
The opportunity to serve in the defense of our great Country and way of live is a privilege.
Greatest Experience of My Life.
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, Washington and Rose Barracks, GermanyJuly 8, 2014
Serving in the U.S. has been the greatest honor and accomplishment in my life. Long days and bad weather cannot defeat the underlying pride of serving in our country's military.
Great work enviornment
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 8, 2014
Excellent place to work. Great staff and they are Army Strong.
Twelve years experience like no other
Team Leader Satellite Communication Network (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZJuly 8, 2014
Pros: work various types of people from different backgrounds
Cons: deployments lasting over a year at a time
Supervision of 5-10 subordinates, responsible and accountable for their training, assigning task, scheduling and prioritizing task and ensuring task were completed in a timely fashion. I learned self-discipline, time management skills, how to set the correct example for my subordinates to follow, set high reachable goals for myself and my subordinates. – more... Also, how to communicate and get along with various people from all over the United States and other countries, and also to be self sufficient. The hardest part of the job was having to be away from my family for over year 3 times while in service.
The most enjoyable part of my job was mentoring and training them to succeed and watch them surpass me. – less
Great Opportunity
UH-60 Helicopter Repairer (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYJuly 8, 2014
Great option for those that enjoy change and a dynamic work environment
92a supply clerk
Logistic Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort benningJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good training
Cons: there was a lot of physical work into it
Managed and inventory over $25 millions equipment resulting in zero loss in 2 year period.
Locate and track incoming and outgoing orders resulting on improving receiving and sending process.Improve and organized inventory system resulting in zero loss of equipment.
Produced higher performance standards and enhancing productivity during a period of shrinking – more... budgets. – less
The Army was a great experience for me to grow personally and professionally.
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Baumholder, RPJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free food when working in the dining facility, getting to see new places, meeting new people, gaining personal growth.
Cons: being away from home and in a dangerous area of the world.
There was never a typical day at work. Things were always changing.
Sometimes I worked in a Dining Facility, helping my teammates to cook enough food to feed over 800 soldiers.
Other times I was keeping track of the money in the administration office, and keeping track of the numbers of soldiers coming through the facility.
I learned to always maintain – more... self-discipline, to listen closely and ask questions when unsure of an order, to execute tasks given as efficiently as possible, and to be a member of a team.
Management was decent. Some were better than others, and some were just mind-blowingly great.
My co-workers were a support net for each other. We had each other's backs and made sure we completed our objective together.
The hardest part of the job was the being away from home so often.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see new places. – less
productive and reliable career
Administrative Manager/ Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: ratio between work and family
Processing and updating personnel records
great managerial opportunities
Team Work
Property Book Officer/Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Soto Cano Airbase HondurasJuly 8, 2014
Team building skills and attention to detail. Ability to lead as well as follow.
Intense and fulling work environment
Signals Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Goodfellow AFBJuly 8, 2014
Average days were 4am to 6pm. I am in fact unable to discuss my MOS due to it's top secret natural. I did enjoy the company of my fellow soldier and the leadership of the non commissioned officers above me.
Great Learning Opportunity
Team Leader (25M) (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: housing, medical, dental, vision
Cons: hours, pay-rate, bottle promotin effect
It was a wonderful learning opportunity that allowed me to meet with people from all over the world. It forced me to have to get along with people I wouldn't necessarily talk to. Great way to get your foot in the door for college tution and it's a momentous thing to serve your country with brothers and sisters in arms.
Productive environment with an array of opputunities and expereinces that has
CAPTAIN (Former Employee), Fort RileyJuly 8, 2014
Pros: career mobility
Cons: funding and contracting issues
The hardest part of the job yet interesting was learning how to more with less. The workplace was filled with driven and can-do attitudes to achieve objectives within the mission statement.
Producive and always moving.
Carpentry and Masonry Specialist (Current Employee), Perrine, FLJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch and hotel rooms
Cons: short breaks
Great place, where working with a team definitely matters.
The life experiences you learned from serving your country compares to none.
Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Rucker, AlJuly 8, 2014
Every day you are taught life lessons with those you served with. You are well taken care of with benefits and pay.
Amazing
Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), Leslie, MIJuly 8, 2014
Great travel opportunities to Middle Eastern countries and education assistance.
By far the most enjoyable and rewarding
Desk Sergeant Military Police Patrols (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYJuly 8, 2014
I always enjoyed the time that I spent in the Army and found that I miss it everyday. I made valuable contacts throughout the Army and appreciate all of the guidance that they have provided to me over the years.
It is the military
Helpdesk Manager/Network Security Manager (Current Employee), fort LewisJuly 7, 2014
It is the military, you know what you are signing up for. Good benefits, decent pay, and plenty of time off with three or four day weekends every month.
Productive, challenging fun great place to learn leadership and communication skills
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free health and dental
Typical day we maintained discipline and weapons. The most enjoyable part was going out to the field and fire weapons. The hardest part was a lot of the exercises.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more