16,016 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Great experience
Team Leader/Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 20, 2014
Morning PT
Learn basic and advanced combat and police tactics.
Management ensured proper training and instilled leadership qualities in subordinates.
A mix of people from all walks of life, helped round me into the person I am today.
Deployments, being away from loved ones.
Jumping from planes
Instructor / Trainer (Former Employee), Ft. Bliss, TexasAugust 20, 2014
Pros: worked with great people, everyday was something new, made great friends
Cons: long days, long periods with no off days, very limited lunch times if any
A typical day as an instructor consist of going into the classroom and setting up the class with the required equipment. Most classes had upward of one hundred students, many of which were higher ranking than I. However, I was always able to hold my ground firmly and keep my students interested and involved. I have also given classes to two and three – more... star generals and their entourage on personal basis. I managed ten specialist for my classes and twenty for my range classes. The day usually started at five in the morning and didn't end until eight in the evening, sometime midnight. Most of my classes consist of classroom instruction and a practical application, to which my students were given a pass or fail. My range classes consist of classroom instructions, practical application of weapons functions, and finally a range qualification, to which my students were scored based on their ability to qualify with each weapon. I loved my job and my time in the military. It was the most enjoyable time I have ever spent with so many different people. – less
Best job ever.
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort HoodAugust 20, 2014
Being apart of the Army everyday is a new journey. Physical fitness was an everyday task. Working out with a group of people you really push your limits competing everyday. I work in the supply shop with a team of people. We where in charge of all the supply for our unit. I had to order supplies, stock, issue, and maintain supplies.
incredible experience
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), ft huachuca, azAugust 20, 2014
had no problems in this job, allowed to do what needed to be done
Very rewarding job
Division Medical Logistics Officer (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 20, 2014
Pros: predictable hours
Cons: job is indoors, if you are an outdoor person you may miss being outdoors.
The Logistics field is a very rewarding field, there are numerous opportunities to advance. In addition you have the opportunity to work in different levels of the organization maximizing the opportunity to expand your knowledge. The hardest part of the job is being sent to a different location however, co-workers make the transition smooth and easy.
Productive work place
Food Service Specialist (Current Employee), Los Alamitos, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: always something new to do
Cons: short breaks
Always something different everyday
learn how to cook things from scratch
I manage over 500+ people
Co-worker was great and excellent worker
Long hours was the hardest part, but got use it.
the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and the people i work with always have great jokes and great to talk to.
Diesel Mechanic
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COAugust 20, 2014
A typical day in the Army consisted of physical fitness each morning at 630 am til 8am
at 9am began work either what you were working on (diesel equipment) or getting a new job to fix
Management I was a shop foreman from 2004 -2014 I was responsible for training, leading and evaluating Soldiers
My co-workers out ranked me.
Hardest part of my job was – more... being deployed
Enjoyable part was coming home – less
wonderful
71Lima (Former Employee), KoreaAugust 20, 2014
to erve and protect while getting an education. I love the people and I would the job
Great organization to work. Proud to serve my country.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYAugust 20, 2014
Great place to serve. The benefits and job security can't be beat. Having the opportunity to serve is something that will stay with you for a life time.
Professional Military Workplace
Counterintelligence Technician (Special Agent) (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TexasAugust 20, 2014
Pros: job security; medical/dental; duty locations; camaraderie; vacation
Cons: constant travel - extremely high optempo at times
I have enjoyed my time in the US Army. For the past 13 years I have worked in intelligence operations management, team leadership, interagency liaison, and training. The Soldiers I have worked with have all been professional making our missions and task all the more enjoyable. The most difficult aspect of my job was a few years ago when I was travelling – more... a lot, Although it did become tiresome, I never stopped enjoying my job. In fact, travelling to conduct missions has been the best part of my military career. As it draws to an end I want to continue to contribute to this field as a civilian. – less
great place to get in shape and a very good social life with new people
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee), Lawton, OKAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free benefits and travel the world
Cons: long hours most of the and going to combat if need be
the u.s. army is a great to start a career and it will give you a boost in the civilian world if you decide to get out or retire. A normal work day be long or sort depending on whats going on but it can be fun its what you make of it. I learned how to be a great leader and trained soldiers and there were good and bad days working with other but teamwork – more... gets the job done. – less
very productive
team leader (Former Employee), fort bragg ncAugust 20, 2014
great place, great career, lots of benefits, lots of friends, always somewhere to go, great relocation oppertunities.
Very demanding
Service and Supply Officer (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: stability
Cons: time away from family
Work begins at 0530 and get off around 630 pm. Have learned logistics and management. The hardest part of the job is deploying and leaving my loved ones for 1 year. The most enjoyable part is working with different people and learning something new every day.
The Army was a positive experience for me.
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Riley KansasAugust 20, 2014
Pros: served my country
Cons: the time away from my family
On a daily basis I would lead and train Soldiers. I performed office duties, including issuing daily tasking, emails, company files. Kept track of over 150 different Soldiers and their personnel records.
I loved the Army
Signal Support System Specialist/Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 20, 2014
The long hours, the brotherhood, the friends, the family, deployments were an acceptable part of the agreement as we all volunteered to sacrifice for the betterment of our country and the people back home. There is nothing bad I could ever say about my time in the Army. It is what it is, drink water and drive on.
Amazing Experience
All Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic/Squad Leader (Former Employee), South KoreaAugust 20, 2014
Experience you receive in the military, you cannot receive anywhere else! It is not for the faint at heart! You must be able to live your job, travel, and participate in warfare. You will meet people from around the world, travel around the world, and learn invaluable skills as well as learn who you truly are.
Erratic and mispaced.
Military Intelligence Systems Maintainer (Former Employee), Ft. Stewart GaAugust 20, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: no control over life
A typical day at work included an early morning work out followed by a morning meeting of the days requirements that need to be met. After that it was going to work to perform my duty as an IT specialist and with my team to ensure all computers and systems were working.

I learned about all things computers and everyday not spent physically working – more... on a system was spent in continuing education of computer systems, electronics, and trouble shooting to ensure as little to no downtime with the computer system.

The hardest part about the job was the long hours and the possibility of deployments. And the most enjoyable part was the relationships that I built with my team members and supervisors. – less
Observer Controller Trainer / Staff Officer
Infantry Officer (Former Employee), US Army Reserve; various locationsAugust 20, 2014
Pros: challenges
A typical day of work meant to teach, coach and mentor US Army units in preparation for upcoming missions or future evaluations, plus to subsequently coordinate, develop and execute missions at operational level. Learned new training approaches, maximization of resources and personnel to achieve a needed level of operational excelence. Co workers were – more... seasoned NCO's and Officers within the Military Police Community. The hardest part of the job was the coordination of all efforts and long hours, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the units achieving the desired band of excelence and preparation for their missions. – less
Operator/.Maintainer (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: college benefits
Cons: location
Training for combat situations, Training on use of Equipment, Setting up and taking down equipment, Driving Large Vehicles, Maintaining equipment.
lots of time spent training
Rank Achieved Specialist (Former Employee), fort hood txAugust 19, 2014
Pros: i got free food
Cons: cant speak with your family much during deployments
a typical day at work would consist of morning PT and formation. then the regular work day would begin with us getting our tasks assigned and we would split into our separate groups to complete the given tasks. I learned how to work under pressure. my co-workers where all some amazing men. the hardest part of my job was the deployments, not knowing – more... whether or not your going to run over a bomb buried in the road. at the same time being deployed was awesome, you didnt have city lights anywhere so it was easy to see the stars. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more