U.S. Army
19,386 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

US Army
Military Police (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJanuary 25, 2015
It's the military and sometimes it's just not for everyone. I loved my job while I was in and if I could I would do it all over again. It was great serving my country.
Educational workplace with life experiences and opportunities like no other.
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits, experiences, disapline, motivational co-workers
Cons: long stressful hours. dangerous working enviornments.
No two days are alike. co-workers are from many different walks of life adding color to the work environment.
Job first, family never.
Aeromedical Evacuation Pilot (Former Employee), 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: housing allowance and good pay.
Cons: never ending work days. astounding bureaucracy.
Typical work day starts at 6 a.m. and is supposed to stop at 5 p.m. but regularly goes well past that. Endless meetings and micro management. I was a pilot and never had time to fly. My co-workers were great but upper leadership was terrible. Deploying was the best part of the job because it limited all the bureaucratic nonsense.
First time job
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COJanuary 25, 2015
This job is perfect for kids who are working their way through college. They worked well with me when it came to having certain days off or changing my hours due to college classes. Without Lowe's I would have trouble getting through college.
Fast paced stressful but fun work enviornment
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: helping people and learning medical knowledge
Cons: dealing with death, working a crazy schedule
Working for the Army was a great start to my career. I worked for the Army in a Medical center in the emergency room. Working in the Emergency room has given me the opportunity to learn to work in a fast paced, unexpected, and stressful environment. It has prepared me to be able to adapt to any situation at any given point in time and to learn to quickly adjust. Everyone I worked with were there to help others and worked together to make sure everyone was receiving the care that they needed. The hardest part about the medical field is dealing with people who have irreversible medical conditions and sometimes lose their life while they are in their care. It was rewarding knowing that we did everything we possibly could to try and save that person's life and make a difference in the others.
challengin and demanding, but very rewarding
Logistics Officer (Current Employee), Colorado SpringsJanuary 25, 2015
The US Army has given me solid skills with regards to leadership, management and working in unpredictable environments. It has also given me a solid foundation and expertise in the logistics realm.
Rewarding Career
Specialist (Current Employee), WorldwideJanuary 25, 2015
Learned valuable life lessons as well as management skills while serving in the US Army.
Gained many life long relationships with fellow soldiers while learning to be a valuable member of a team as well as a leader in stressful situations.
Learned many valuable work skills while becoming a professional at my job.
The U.S. Army a step up
88m Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fort BraggJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: always prepared, equipment working proporely, team strong with communication
Cons: breaks are normal but; if your late by a hair of a second. depending on your nco, could lead to a bad counselling, wanting time off from work details putting in a 4187 form, to be aproved to leave over 50 miles from post
Typical Day at work was Physical Training in the morning, first formation for job duties to be issued. Inventory of equipment, pre-maintenance of vehicles and supplies.
I learned how to lead a platoon, Inventory supplies, check work area to ensure safety while working. Management I took notes, ensure work duties handed down were complete and done to expectation. My co-workers I kept accountability of with communication and working as a team in each duty. The hardest part of my job, I honestly did not find anything hard about my job. Other than ensuring soldiers paper work was for school or leave was done right and turned in to the right office.
The most enjoyable part on my job was the completion of a job with my co-workers and our team being notice for a job well done.
no comment
Infantryman (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJanuary 25, 2015
As an infantryman, you train on weaponry, tactics and exercise. I learned discipline, team work and the appreciation of the everyday life.
GOOD EXPERIENCE
Motor transport operator (Current Employee), Garden Grove, CAJanuary 25, 2015
TEACHES YOU DISCPLINE AND TEAM WORK
MAKING SURE YOU KOW THE VALUE OF GETTING TO KNOW THE WORK OF BEING IN A TEAM
government
L Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), fort drum, nyJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: travel and benefits
Cons: not too family friendly
great way to have support no matter where your at! a home away from home
Was Good
Aviation Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: going to war field exercise
I was a helicopter mechanic so we had our good and bad days like any other job would tell anyone don't talk bad about it unless you have served.
is what it is
Senior Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJanuary 25, 2015
its what you make of it, good heath insurance. experience's depend on where you get stationed. collage education isn't always available was in the field for 3 weeks a month, worked with infantry and tankers, got put in a SGT position when i was PFC working the commo.
productive and good workplace
unit supply specialist (Former Employee), fort polk, LAJanuary 25, 2015
a typical day at work is guarding a piece of property or protecting people well being from armed to unarmed post. i learn everyday customer service and time management. usually works alone so no co workers. hardest part will be the standing because of being a wounded vet and all.
Hooah!!!
Recruiter/Retention NCO/Family Readiness Liaison (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: deployments
No job like serving your country. Great educational benefits and positive team oriented culture.
Challenging
M1A1 Abrams Tank Crewman/ Unit Maintenance (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: goverment
Cons: limited family time
Performed field level maintenance involved in the inspection and repair of small arms such as carbines/rifles, grenade launchers, machine guns and pistols, and other accessory equipment. Makes diagnosis and locates deficiencies/malfunctions; dissembles/assembles subassemblies and other components & examine for defect, misalignment and mal-functions; replaces parts and assemblies; modifies small arms by applying modification work orders and replacing parts/assemblies; uses hand and machine tools, gauges and test instruments; conduct inspection tests; and assist other repairers in repair and maintenance techniques. Perform field level maintenance on small arms weapons without assistance to expedite the training process and maintains a proper level of shop stock on the range support vehicle. Operated a forklift to load and unload equipment/materials, and a motor vehicle ranging in size from pick-up trucks to 2 ton capacity to transport personnel, supplies and equipment; completes trip tickets; performs maintenance. *While in the U.S. Army, I was responsible for the well Being of numerous Soldier. Counseling them on Education and Detailed Professionalism by way of Microsoft office, Windows excel, and Windows word processor. I am very proficient with basic computer skills and office equipment, Conducted Monthly and Annual Counseling Packets and Reports on the Counseled individual regarding Conduct, Personal Professional Growth, and Education.
decent
Training and Administrator NCO (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIJanuary 24, 2015
lots of hard work and time away from family. away for years at a time.
Great experience with no regrets
Operation NCO (Former Employee), Schenectady, New YorkJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great experience, makes you appreciate life.
Cons: deployments
Typical day of worth for me consisted of developing training plans for my unit roughly between the hours of 7:30am to 5:00pm.

I was also a Platoon Sergeant over 24+ Soldiers

The hardest part of the job was being deployed overseas away from your family

the most enjoyable part is knowing that i served my country to the best of my ability and making Soldiers successful
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Lab Manager (NCOIC) (Former Employee), Fort McClellan, ALJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: challenging work with good and motivated people.
Cons: subject to working odd and frequently long hours of the day and night.
I was a laboratory technician and worked in different areas... From drawing blood in the drawing room and blood donor center to running tests in hematology, chemistry, bacteriology and assorted other sections to working with the pathologist in performing autopsy's in the morgue and, eventually as the NCOIC (non-commissioned officer in charge) of the entire lab.
Excellent place to work
Intelligence NCO (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Long but excited days to work
Learned to listen and resolve any issues under extreme circumstances
Overall great co-workers in general
Sometimes time restrictions are challenging
Enjoy helping, coaching, leading and teaching fellow soldiers in combat as well as in the peace time

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more