U.S. Army
16,620 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Overall This was a very good experience
Audiology Technician & Deputy Section Leader (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: very organized & focused mission. very team oriented.
With a combined staff of military and civilians dedicated to taking care of Soldiers, the new facility can process between 500 to 600 Soldiers a day. The staff works long hours, weekends and even holidays to process military personnel deploying, redeploying, completing quarterly readiness, mobilizing and demobilizing. The SRRC not only processes Army – more... but Navy, Air Force and civilian personnel deploying overseas as well.

Funding for the facility was a collaborative effort between 1st Armored Division, Fort Bliss Garrison Command, WBAMC, and the Directorate of Mobilization and Deployment. Their combined efforts and commitment ensured completion of the facility for efficient Soldier resilience and readiness processing.

Lt. Col. Murray Kramer, officer in charge of 7222nd Medical Support Detachment, currently operating the medical section of the SRRC, said his Soldiers worked diligent hours and on weekends to get the facility up and running. He said they also worked hard to physically construct the medical exam rooms and paint offices to make the building more comfortable and welcoming.

“Soldiers are not here to ‘practice’ mobilizing and demobilizing,” said Lt. Col. Douglas M. Porter, officer in charge of the SRRC. “They are here to train. It’s our job to make sure they are fit to fight.”

The SRRC ensures Soldiers are administratively and medically prepared for deployment and mobilization. Personnel and finance records are reviewed, legal assistance is available, and dependent and beneficiary information is verified, all to provide security for the Soldier and their family. Initial briefings are designed to be straightforward, concise and informative. Staff members assist Soldiers throughout the process and decrease bottle necks as much as possible by controlling the flow of Soldiers to other sections with lesser wait times. The administrative portion can be completed in as quickly as 30 minutes to two and a half hours per Soldier.

The medical section conducts comprehensive reviews of medical records, hearing and vision exams, medical evaluations, and provides immunizations and behavioral health screening of Soldiers preparing for and returning from deployment. Additionally, the SRRC is the only place at Fort Bliss where Soldiers can update their Post Deployment Health Reassessment, a 90-day re-evaluation after deployment to ensure there are no hidden injuries and address any other medical issues that may have appeared. – less
Its the Army
19K10 M1 Armor Crewman - Corporal (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: you grow up quick. it can give you a jumpstart on life.
Cons: hurry up and wait.
Hard work. Very hard work. Being in the Army can teach you a lot about yourself. It pushes you beyond your limits. You learn to do things you would not know existed otherwise. If you don't know how to work in a team, you will either learn quickly or suffer. It is what you make of it, so make it something good.
Loved the Army
Maintenance Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Stateside training and international deploymentSeptember 21, 2014
The military gave me the opportunity to learn and grow into an adult and to understand other people in the world.
A very rewarding career.
Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), Ft. Stewart, GA.September 21, 2014
Pros: a great chance for promotion.
Cons: hazards of war.
The Army is not your typical nine to five job. You learn values leadership and physical fitness of mind and body. The reward is to serve your country with honor.
great place to start and end
Army National Guard (Current Employee), Lenoir City, TNSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: retirement, medical
Cons: somewhat political
I love the Army, and all of the opportunities that it has presented for me.
Great job
Personnel Records Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: compensation, schedule, medical benefits
Cons: pt, and having to get deployed
This was the best job I ever had looking back on it now. I enjoyed my job, my management, and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the early morning physical training. The most enjoyable part of my job was the feeling of importance.
Productive and rewarding workplace
Sergeant (Current Employee), Aurora, COSeptember 20, 2014
• Performs duties as lead supervisor for up to 20 personnel.
• Organization and supervising of day-to-day operations and ensuring of individual member accomplishments.
• Coordination of time and resources for training events and skill building.
• Evaluation of personnel; counseling and mentorship on building professional and personal goals.
• Unit Prevent – more... Leader: Education and training for personnel on substance abuse. Maintained training records, demographics, and developed education plans for quarterly and yearly requirements.
• Safety Officer: Responsible for Safety program comprising of around 120 personnel. Maintained and organized records regarding seasonal training, maintaining safe practices during military training events, providing guidance and mentorship on conduct for groups to perform tasks in a safe, efficient manner.
• Resiliency Training Advocate: Responsible for building and maintaining an environment of positivity through training events and developing individuals’ communication skills and patterns of thinking.
• Provided planning and execution strategies to optimize resources available for over 50 multinational targets – less
Great work environment
Team Leader (Former Employee), Hohenfels, DESeptember 20, 2014
Pros: everything was paid for
Cons: no time with family
Cleaned company area and got ready for any deployments coming up. I learned how to teach people their job if needed. Overall the military was a great work environment
Being a Soldier, learned and trained as Logistician
Senior Logistic Advisor, Management (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: short breaks
Well soldier skit, personnel, and equipment, managed commander property book account, order and research part and equipment for unit mission, turn-in and lateral transfer property from units to units to meet their readiness status. Certified to conduct all logistics process without losing any property.
Great workplace satisfaction
Infantryman (Former Employee), Butler, PASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: great people and life lessons
Cons: long days
A typical work day would be around 12 hrs. long. We would learn Infantry tactics and team skills. Leadership was for the most part good and fair. It was one of the best decisions I made just because of the good people I met along the way. The hardest part of the job was the long hot days in the desert. The most enjoyable part of the day was the range – more... time. – less
US Army
Sergeant E-5 (Former Employee), USSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: occupational hazards
Great work for families that like to move around and meet new people. You can meet a lot of connections by being in the Army.
Excellent opportunity to serve this nation
Medican Lab NCO (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOSeptember 20, 2014
It's the Military. We collection and shipped blood to wound warrior that enable many of them to return home post combat.
long days, but well worth it
Indirect Fires Infantry (Former Employee), JBLMSeptember 20, 2014
fun job, good benefits. you will make friends for life. not enough time to type all the pros
US ARMY
Disbursing Office Agent (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2014
No reason to review because if you decide to go in it's your decision and you will make it what you will.
Best experience of my Life.
Police Officer (Current Employee), Ft. Benning, GASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: help people
Cons: deployments
I have enjoyed my time in the Army, it has been a life changing experience that has enhanced my life. I have had many experiences while in the Army. My typical day is helping people with all kinds of different things, enforcing military and state laws. I have worked with a lot of different people from different ways of live which I believe has also – more... made me a better person. – less
Rewarding job.
Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: travel to exiotic places.
Cons: being away from family.
The Army was a very good experience, and gave me the chance to travel to areas that I would not normally have gone.
A wonderful place to be and work.
Chemical-Biological-Radiation-Nuclear NCO (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2014
The military has teach me how to multi-task and to learn really quickly, with a wide range of jobs I presently am tasked to do. I enjoy it because of that reason. Extremely demanding, especially when I have to complete a task.
Good Experience
Air defense system operator and maintainer (Current Employee), Yelm, WASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: good life experiences
Cons: unpredictable work day
Very good work experience in a variety of areas with a limited amount of training. You work around multiple people and a wide range of supervisors. High and low stress environments make you flexible.
Great Escape
Senior Military Police Sergeant (Former Employee), Germany, Japan, Panama, U.S.A, Iraq, Kuwait, KoreaSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: job security, benefits, retirement
Cons: danger, getting political
If it weren't for the Army launching my life I would have amounted to nothing. Job security and advancement is almost a guarantee if you act right and learn from your leadership.
Challenging and Fullfilling
Logistics Officer (Current Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: doing things and going places most people will never go.
Cons: having to say bye to family to deploy, but it has to be done.
Phisycial Training at 0630 for an hour, work call at 0900 conduct maintenance, training, whatever is on the training schedule. Lunch at 1130 to 1300(1pm). Continue to 1700 (5pm). Enjoy the rest of the day unless there is a duty until 0900 (9am) the next morning,

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more