U.S. Army
18,486 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

descent pay, good benefits.
Vehicle Operator (Former Employee), lewis McChord AFB, WADecember 15, 2014
Pros: descent money and good benefits
Cons: combat deployments
good benefits, lot of opportunity for promotion, theres a lot of good and bad.
fun and fast paced
Motor Transportation Operator (Former Employee), Fort Carson, CODecember 15, 2014
I loved everything about my time in the military except leaders who only want the best for them and the select few they liked and favoritism was a big reason why a lot of people never got to be promoted and other got it when they shouldn't have.
Processed medical supply request
Senior Logistics Management Sergeant (Former Employee), Oakland, CaliforniaDecember 15, 2014
Pros: leadership of soldiers
Cons: go to war
Maintained supply and inventory management for medical supplies.
a life style
Infantry, Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Watertown, NYDecember 15, 2014
only join if you're ready to work!....your heart must be in it!! Get a lot of advice...if you join infantry, you will fight. if you are not infantry...you most likely will fight...also depends on the unit you are in though....
Good Job full of honor
Supply Manager (Former Employee), Fort Carson, CODecember 15, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: deployments
I had a good life in the Military. Cant beat the benefits. Long hours and some tough deployments in dangerous areas but would do it all over again.
As an Army Specialist
PatriotLaunchingMissileEnhancedOperatorMaintainer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TexasDecember 15, 2014
Pros: the benefits are worth it. you work hard, and get rewarded. weekends off.
Cons: there are no cons.
Typical day at work would be 05:00 wake up for Physical Training (P.T.) After P.T., is breakfast at 07:30am-09:00. At 09:00 formation, we would start our workday. Everyday in my unit was something different task that we (the Unit) had to do. For instance we would be working in the motor pool all day, the next 24hr. shifts, or working and checking our – more... military equipment. We would not end our day until 17:00-18:00.
What I have learned in the United States Army Active Duty, is the communication is key. I have had many different squad leaders (bosses) demanding the same standard for communication. The military has also taught me discipline and to raise my standards to the highest quality of work possible.
Once my squad leader has had full confidence in me to manage others, I was managing three different soldiers at once. My task at hand was to make sure their pay is correct, make sure they get to P.T. on time, etc..
The hardest part of the job was how demanding it can be, but it was well worth the work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that sense of accomplishment I get when I have work hard for whichever the task may be. Also, I love to work hard and have a demanding job. If I had the chance to enlist again, I would do it all over again. – less
Great co-workers and occasionally a fun atmosphere
Soldier (Current Employee), KentuckyDecember 15, 2014
Overall was a good experience, not anything like the recruiter said it would be. But that was his job to get people to join.
Great place to feel good about what you do
US Army (Current Employee), Bossier City, LADecember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: schedule
Well rounded group, able to adjust schedule constantly. People are very supportive with personal and professional growth. Been with the US Army for 9 years and never a dull moment.
Excellent organization, leadership, mentorship
Recruiter (Current Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 15, 2014
The Army is a more than a job. It is a way of life. Everyday is different. If there is one thing you can count on, it is that things are always changing. The work can be hard, there are challenges, and sometimes even risks, but the rewards are worth it.
Productive and fulfilling environment
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Fort Carson, CODecember 15, 2014
Pros: you get to refine your technical skills
First shift starts at 8:00am and ends at 4:30pm. As an employee the amount of knowledge acquired here is precious. The individuals that work here are all unexpendable.
Good experience
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 15, 2014
Pros: learning to overcome adversity. physical and mental fitness emphasis
Cons: long deployments. uncomfortable body armor.
Being in the Army helps an individual gain interpersonal skills that they may have not learned in civilian life. I don't mean to sound like an advertisement that you would see on television. However, serving in the military is one part of your life that you can cherish and be proud to have been apart of.
Long Hours not enough pay
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYDecember 15, 2014
Not very family oriented, Long hours, not enough pay. Could not find enough time to finish school while I was Active Duty. A typical work day is 12 hours leaving no time for family if you have family. Although the pay isnt all that great, the nemefits are pretty good
Great group of guys to work with.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MODecember 15, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: the army is drawing down so there is little room for advacement for engineers.
I love my job in the Army. I train my soldiers to run all types of equipment to complete major projects for the Army. I save the Army over $1,000,000 every year on projects so they do not have to use a outside source to get the work done. I love getting big projects for my soldiers so that they can learn to be proficient on all of the heavy equipment. – more... The hardest part of the job is making sure we have enough money to complete every project i tell people that i can get done for them. – less
One of my best life experiences
Rifleman/Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCDecember 15, 2014
I had a multitude of jobs within this time frame. From a basic rifleman to a team leader. I served in a few different units and deployed twice to Iraq. I learned how to be a leader and work with even the people I didnt neccessarily like. I had a multitude of different leadership, some good and some bad. The hardest part was getting used to being away – more... from family and not being able to make some basic life decisions. The best part was the experience and comraderie that was shared throughout the ranks. – less
United States Soldier
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYDecember 15, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, job security, leadership experience
Cons: your life is in danger
It is hard, demanding, and sometimes overwhelming however it is one of the most rewarding careers in America today. Although it can be risky, it is worth it to give it a try, even for just one term. You will come out with a lot more than what you went in with.
Exciting, Fulfilling, Hard work, Rewarding
specialist/E-04 (Former Employee), Fort Carson, CoDecember 15, 2014
Pros: comradary
Cons: n/a
Loved being a soldier felt i made an impact in my country. very rewarding worked, everyday was a challenge and always exciting with never a dull moment.
boring unorganized
Infantry Rifleman (Former Employee), ApoDecember 14, 2014
had to deal with favoritism people who didn't know their jobs and did not care about family of soldiers
Interesting and Learning Experience Every Day
Receptionist/Veterinary Technician (Former Employee), Fort George G Meade, MDDecember 14, 2014
Pros: comradery, benifits, education, holidays
Cons: new military, supervisors
A typical day at work would be doing physical fitness from 0700 to 0800, and coming into work at 0900. Would either being running treatment rooms seeing owners and patients, or being up front acting as a receptionist, or would being doing paper correspondence. I learned a lot throughout my time being there and throughout the military. I learned how – more... to be more social, be more confident, and how to interact with people. Became more of an experienced veterinary technician. The hardest part of my job for me involved the Rabies Management Program, some of the owners of the animals were not very compliant at times, but we made it work. The most enjoyable part of my job was satisfying customers, helping animals, and enjoying working with my co-workers. – less
So much fun
Non Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), All Over, U.S.A.December 14, 2014
Everyday in uniform was a blast. I loved working for the military, and doing the things that I did on a daily basis.
Best job I ever Had.
Infantryman (Former Employee), Ft. Benning, Germany, France, Ft, LewisDecember 14, 2014
Pros: excellent character builder.
Cons: conforming to change
I never felt so alive as when I was a soldier. Marksmanship, comradery and teamwork. I loved learning the limits of myself.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more