U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 35,319 reviews matching the search
Military Lifestyle
Logistic Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 25, 2017
Great benefits and continually challenges you daily. You get the opportunity to interact with a multitude of different individuals and learn different ways to interact.
Mission Focus
Aircraft Electrical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 25, 2017
Mission Focus. Soldier will have the opportunity to travel the world. The option to attend school is also available. Learning additional training outside of your own is available for all Soldiers
Pros
Stability
Cons
Great benefits and all around a great place to work for.
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 25, 2017
By far was the best job i have ever had. Where else do you get paid to see the world. Best benefits out there by far, and free healthcare. The pay was horrible and should be alot more for what every soldier has to go through
Great Job
Mid-level Manager, HR, Instructor, Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 25, 2017
United States Army • Varied Locations Globally • 2006 to 2017
Mid-level Manager, HR, Instructor, Staff Sergeant
• Provided instruction in Human Resource Management Course.
• Provided HR services for more than 800 personnel. Handled finance, leave/vacation, and administrative management. Cross trained personnel on Finance SOPs. Prepared evaluations, trained and mentored personnel.
• Deployed to Afghanistan processing the remains of fallen soldiers and ensuring transport of burn victims and amputees to Germany for skin grafts and additional treatment
challenging but rewarding job.
Petroleum Fuel Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 25, 2017
Primarily responsible for supervising and managing the reception, storage and shipping of bulk or packaged petroleum-based products.
Dispensing bulk fuels and water from storage and distribution facilities
Supervise 11-30 service members at any given time.
How to motivate others and the need for multitasking.
Hardest part about the military going to combat.
The most rewarding part of the job is the people that you work with.
Pros
Free Medical Care
Cons
Gone from home for long periods at a time.
Great Career
Garrison Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Presidio of Monterey, CAFebruary 25, 2017
I've recently retired after 20 years. I began as an enlisted Soldier back in 1984 and worked up to my current rank of LTC. Serving as an Army chaplain was challenging, but also extremely rewarding.
Pros
Great experience!
Army life does not leave room for academic exceptionalism
Medical Laboratory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 25, 2017
The title says it all. If you are enlisted with an advanced education background, leadership often tries to, "humble," you in front of your peers. This, "humbling," is often done to all enlisted, only those with advanced degrees.
Educational and challenging experience
Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAFebruary 25, 2017
Completed Auto CAD and Technical Engineering Training. I learned architectural and soils operations, as well as management skills. The hardest part about this job was working long hours and being away from loved ones.
Pros
Highly educational
Cons
Low work-life balance
extremely organized and team oriented
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 25, 2017
during my time in the army I've learned how important it is to be a team player. In the military there is no individual person there is only a unit working towards a common goal.
Pros
everything is taken care of from food to lodging, and clothes.
Cons
very strict
Building great work sills
Bradley Fighting Vehicle Gunner (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 25, 2017
Being in the Army allowed me to learn many skills that will help throughout my lifetime. The Army has taught me to work under pressure and never give up no matter what the stipulations are. Anyone can learn many things from the Army, good or bad.
N/a
Ammunition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 25, 2017
It's the US Army...greatest fighting force on earth. Not much more to say. The rest is just filler for completing the character minimum for the website!
Typical Day
Weapons Maintenance (Former Employee) –  South KoreaFebruary 25, 2017
Wake up early to perform Physical Training.
Open the shop and begin the day repairing any weapons the Battalion and neighboring Camps needed.
Best job I ever had!
Sergeant First Class (Former Employee) –  United States, Germany, PanamaFebruary 25, 2017
I loved learning about the world at the same time I was seeing and living it. Better than any school book or classroom.

I meet more friends and people I liked than those I didn't or try to forget.

It is what you make it, sometimes that includes dealing with bad leadership as well as good leaders.
Pros
Education, life skills, living in different countries.
Cons
The "Good 'Ole Boy's", Racism, double standards
The best
88L- Watercraft Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 25, 2017
The military provides something many people lack in their lives: discipline and structure. The people who you work with everyday become your family. Best time in my life.
Go for it!
Health Care Manager (Former Employee) –  VariousFebruary 25, 2017
21 Years, 8 months, and 21 days later, I still love it!! No brainer make the most of the opportunity if you can. I will not trade the experience for anything else
Hard work, personal sacrifice, worth every minute
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 25, 2017
Work harder than you ever thought possible. At least 2 days worth of work every day. Regularly accomplish the impossible, and the reward is another impossible task. Work and live with people who you both love and hate, but would willingly die for, and they would for you as well.
Professional and regimented orgnaization.
Assistant Director for Personnel (Current Employee) –  NevadaFebruary 24, 2017
Analyze personnel strength data for personnel to determine current capabilities and project future requirements.
Monitor unit strength status and develop plans to maintain it.
Plan and coordinate policies for personnel.
Manage medical, congressional, family, and special inquiries correspondence.
Manage the allocation, coordination, supervision, and internal arrangement of manpower.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
None.
Move alot
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 24, 2017
Always doing stuff to help your fellow soldiers. Higher ups pretty much give you the run around because they are lost half the time and want you to suffer as well.
Requires of applicant that they have previous law enforcement experience.
Special Agent (Former Employee) –  Panama & Honduras CA, Goeppingen & Berlin GEFebruary 24, 2017
Support member company insurance carriers with criminal investigation of referred suspected insurance claims to be jointly investigated with police for eventual case presentation to a County, State or Federal Prosecutor. Teach when called upon, Texas State Board of Insurance approved, insurance fraud awareness and recognition classes to NICB member company new hire claims representatives. Assist Law Enforcement and Fire Marshal with identification of recovered active stolen automobiles and similar type vehicles, boats and trailers.
Pros
Work with and in a Law Enforcement Environment, decent salary with full healthcare benefits and 401 K.
Cons
N/A
Gave me many life lessons and skills that have made a very direct and positive impact on my ability to articulate and communicate.
Ammunition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 24, 2017
Was certainly a life changing experience that I have gained a great amount of self accountability, articulation and communication that I couldn't find anywhere else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4