U.S. Army
21,991 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

rewarding, & asks a lot from their soldiers.
Motor Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VAMay 22, 2015
Pros: good pay.
Cons: away from family a lot.
Military life is demanding, rewarding, & asks a lot from their soldiers. There are various reasons as to why people would want to enroll into the military life.
Teamwork
Materiel Management Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COMay 22, 2015
Pros: Great way to learn discipline
Cons: Some leadership out for themselves
Excellent organization in which the Soldiers are the future. If Soldiers are led properly then it is the most integral part of the armed forces
Challenging and Rewarding
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMay 21, 2015
Professional and structured environment. Great opportunity to work with diverse groups foreign and domestic. Develops skills sets and professional ethics.
Excellant enviroment with great co-workers
expert M4 Rifleman (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: long hours
On a typical day we focused on physical fitness and continued our training.
My co-workers were full of life and always there to help when needed.
Hardest part of this job was the long hours. sometimes we would work 24-36 hours.
The part I enjoyed most was the people and the fun times we all shared.
Productive and great organization
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TX and Fort Bragg, NCMay 21, 2015
Pros: great work environment, got to meet some interesting people, and great life experience
Cons: long hours
I work for the Army for 7 years and I met some outstanding leaders and soldiers while in and I got to see the world and experience things I would of never experienced had I not joined the Military.
Supervised the Civilian and Military Personnel branches of Winn Army Community Hospital
Deputy Chief Human Resources Division (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work started with a morning sync meeting with my team to discuss upcoming deadlines, statuses of assignments and any concerns involving our mission essential tasks that would need to be addressed. I learned how important it is for information to flow seamlessly both up and down the chain of authority, and that different situations call for different methods of action. I had an exceptionally talented staff. They worked very hard to ensure the division upheld the highest level of customer service around. The hardest part of my job was my departure from the military. I love helping people and that's what I did on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching each member of my staff receive either "Employee of the Quarter" or "Employee of the Year" two years in a row. They made me extremely proud.
eh
United States Army (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 21, 2015
it really is what it is. you take what you give in personally i had fun and have made life long friends and gained life long skills from being a US soldier
Great job
Emergency Operation Center Manager (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKMay 21, 2015
Great job and great people. You need to look into the job you are getting into before you decide on that job. Typical days can range from 8 hrs to 24 hours. I learned Microsoft Office Skills. Management is good if you get with the right people. Co-workers can be good or bad. Working the long hours is the hardest part. Getting the money , medical, housing, and college benefits.
Great place to start a foundation in the workforce
All Wheel Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), EverywhereMay 21, 2015
Get up work out and work hard. Learn to respect everyone. Learn to listen and take orders. Its a driven environment and you have to be constantly working hard.
Productive and family based environment
Military Police (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Ability to grow and help subordinates or peers alike.
Cons: away from family.
The Army is an environment not for all individuals. There are rules and regulations in which need to be followed and conducted. As you advance in the ranks comes more responsibility, I finished my required time needed in the Army and got out with the rank of CPL. I was in charge of 4 soldiers in which I had to ensure that they were mentally and tactically proficient in their jobs and skills. I did monthly counseling's and ensured they were on track with civilian school and military schools as well. Over all it helped me grow in to a more understanding person and a great leader, these traits I can share with anyone in life and in any work force that I encounter.
My work place is not fun at all
Supervisor (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Free medical, paid leave, signaficant off time
Cons: The operation tempo is always high, If a subordinate gets in trouble you're the blame.
I'm a NCO so everyday I have to make sure my subordinates are in the right place, the right uniform, and make sure they are where they supposed to be at all times.
great place to learn
Optometry/Ophthalmology/Army Medic (Former Employee), Washington DCMay 21, 2015
loved helping other people fun and fulilling work. great oppertunities for advancement. learning oppertunties. Great people to work with. get to meet new and exciting people.
Challenging and rewarding experience
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 21, 2015
Working for the US Army has been an amazing experience. Being a Soldier has truly been the most selfless thing anyone can ever do. I have traveled the world and met some amazing people whom have become life long assets. This has truly been a rewarding experience.
Field Problem
12B Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Bamberg, BYMay 21, 2015
Pros: working with an excellent group of people, area, and experience
Cons: weather
We had a 30 day field problem were the objective was to conquer the enemies position. My original team was only able to complete half of this task. My sergeants were eliminated in the field problem and I was the only one left from my team, where I was re-equipped with a new team and we proceeded to the objective. Because of my expertise and knowledge at my job we were able to push through the objective to help in the ultimate objective of conquering the enemies position. The hardest part of that job was getting a new group of individuals to execute as a team and that team having total trust in me to get them through the obstacle. The most enjoyable part to that problem was the accolades, awards and personal recognition for accomplishing such a task
Great learning environment
Unit Supply (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COMay 21, 2015
Pros: excellant benefits and work environment
Cons: time away from family
The more you put into it the more you get out of it.
Be prepared to be tested in all aspects of life.
A typical CONUS day is a 9-5 work day with PT at 0630.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to travel and see things that a normal civilian will never see.
the hardest part of the job is the time you spend away from your family.
N/A
14T (Former Employee), N/AMay 21, 2015
Operated and preformed preventive maintenance checks and services on vehicles.
Operated a 10-ton crane.
Performed emplacement, march orders and preventive maintenance checks and services on the Radar Set, the Engagement Control Station, the Guided Missile Transporter, the Launching Station and the Guided Missile Canister.
Emplaced and march ordered the Battalion Tactical Operations Center.
Load/reloaded PATRIOT missiles.
great unity
Soldier (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSMay 21, 2015
Pros: great unity
Cons: none
It was a great honor to serve my country. We were well trained and given the tools necessary to be successful on the battlefield as well as life.
productive
Bridge Crew Member (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAMay 21, 2015
Pros: learning
Cons: none
physical training in the am... breakfast and first formation at 0900. motorpool til 1200 then lunch til 1300.. hip pocket training and extra duty or activities til final formation at 1700.
Hard work physically and mentally
Infantryman (Former Employee), Hawaii, TexasMay 21, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Being away from family for years at a time
Wake up at 4:00am conduct physical training to 8:00 am. Then from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm training troops.

I learned how to manage personal and time.

My co-workers where always professional

Hardest part of the job was being away from family for years at a time.

The most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Infantryman/Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Physically demanding
Their is always a mission to accomplish on a daily basis. You will train to be the best at what you do and perform to the fullest of your capabilities and beyond.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries