U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Easiest, hardest job ever.
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAFebruary 24, 2018
Good job, decent environment, pretty good leaders. Excellent health insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance. Ability to travel for free. Great experience.
What would you expect from the Military
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 23, 2018
Enlisted personnel have it rough, but the the discipline and exceptional training you receive can be great. That being said, the leadership tends to be individuals who just didn't want to get out, or people who absolutely wouldn't survive in the civilian sector. There are some great people, but simultaneously, there are "reformed" criminals, white supremacists, cultist, and generally strange people abound.
Great Work Place
Military Police (Current Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAFebruary 23, 2018
I enjoy working for the Army Reserves and going in 2 days a month and 2 weeks in the summer is fun. All my work places has interacted well with the time off needed.
Army
Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Provides an individual with a variety of knowledge. Prepares one for anything and allows you to push yourself to your limits. Teaches good team building skills and how to work with a group.
Discipline
Communications Manager / Communications Security (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Very face paced and great experience. Allows for great opportunity, get to see and learn new things. Learn a-lot of new things and hands on opportunities.
Meeting new people
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYFebruary 23, 2018
My time In the Army was mostly fun times and filled with people you will start to love and care about as though they are family. Personally I would strongly recommend people to join the military.
Great opportunities, just wasn't for me
Satcom Operator/Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Whitehall, OHFebruary 23, 2018
Very regimented, so every day (besides differences in agenda) is more or less the same. Management is generally very competent and care for people under their command. Benefits are great, pay not so much.
fast paced environment
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 23, 2018
I want to work in an environment that is fast-paced so that I am not always standing around or having to find something else to do. A fast-paced, going with the flow type of job is the job that I want. I am willing to work whenever, wherever, and however, you expect me to.
Pros
keeping all people busy at all times.
Cons
people get tired more quickly.
Fun and Demanding
CORRECTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Leavenworth, KSFebruary 23, 2018
Its not for everyone, but definitely worth the experience you gain. The individuals you work with are from many backgrounds and cultures. Some can be difficult to work with or for, most of them you'll never forget.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Doing the most with less
Course Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIFebruary 23, 2018
Lots of competing deadlines with not enough time to complete them. There are exceptional leaders as well as terrible ones much like any other organization.
Pros
healthcare, travel
Cons
competing deadlines, 24/7 work approach
Definitely productive and learn life skills
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  EverywhereFebruary 23, 2018
US Army is the best place to work for and you learn so many incredible skills while meeting new people and serving your country. I would recommend working there for anyone of all races
Pros
Everything is amazing
Cons
No Cons
Was the best exoerience of my life to date.
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 23, 2018
I was extremely happy with my Army training and projected career but I had an unfortunate non-training medical incident that forced my Army career to be shortened.
Pros
Army Life is amazing
Cons
I had no cons
US Army
Specialist E4 (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 23, 2018
What can you say? The best Army in the world that will train people for life skills and experiences you cant find anywhere else. The best thing I accomplished in my life.
Good place to learn discipline
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 23, 2018
At work there is no time for horse playing because that'll lead to simple mistakes. I had to learn this the hard way but got control of it. The work place is very fast paced and it helps you get better with your job.
Exceptional Place to Work
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Becoming a soldier is an excellent job and the benefits are unmatched. The tools that you will gain by becoming a soldier are immeasurable and will follow you for years to come.
Pros
Military Benefits
Cons
War
Job experience was top notch
Airframe Structural Repairer (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 23, 2018
It was a great environment for learning and an excellent venture to forward one's career. The best part of the job was being able to have work every day that needed done and the satisfaction that came with completing that work. I learned something new everyday.
Productive work place.
Fire Support Non Commission Officer (Former Employee) –  Schofield barracksFebruary 23, 2018
The army has been a great experience. I recommend it to anyone that wants to be a part of a team and improve our military as a whole. I learned hard work and dissapline pays off.
Pros
A lot of time off
Cons
It is what you make of it!
Organizational Defense Travel Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYFebruary 23, 2018
It is what you make of it!

You are in charge of your own career path and must take control of it right from the start. If you don't then you may have a miserable time here.
Benefits
U.S. Army
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Great job to have, specially if you enjoy traveling and fighting for your country. Very good hands on training, sometimes they lack the right kind of communication or any at all. That can be fixed though.
Pros
takes very good care of you and your family
Cons
spend a lot of time away from family and friends
Army
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wood, MOFebruary 23, 2018
The Army helped me to mature and grow. I interacted with many different cultures and expanded my knowledge and understanding of these different cultures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4
530.8K
415K
35.7K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

58out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at U.S. Army.