U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 31,151 reviews matching the search
Interesting and Unique
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 26, 2016
Like any other job it has its ups and downs but the jobs all vary and experiences also vary depending on your job. As an infantryman theres a more physical focus and you deal with 14-16 hour days unless deployed then it can be up to two days straight.
Pros
Benefits, Job Security
Cons
Dangerous
Great place to show mechanical skills.
WHEELED VEHICLE MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCJuly 26, 2016
normal work days start at 0600 and end around 1900. all different types of diesel and gasoline equipment. I learned a lot about diversity and cultural differences. great place to learn new and different mechanical skills and trades.
Pros
unlimited funds for equiptment
Cons
constant change of work hours.
Learning What Yor Made Of
Private First Class (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 26, 2016
The time I spent in training and meeting so many cultured people and personalities, will last a lifetime. I found out what I am made of and what I was not. I found my strengths to guide me through the tough times and always did my best. It was an experience I will never forget and I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve my country.
great place to work
Mechanic, Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 26, 2016
The army is very structured, but you benefit from this in many ways. You will see many different types of leadership throughout your time in the military, and I suggest you learn from these people.
Summary
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work would be coming in signing in greeting everyone checking what happened while i was gone. Check the days agenda or plans. Have good working co-workers not someone that's gonna drag down your team. The hardest part of the job would be is being away from my ol lady, but in hand a good thing would be i can provide more for them and in return i will earn respect from my peers and family for doing what i would have to do.
Pros
new experiance, new people, new and better life
Cons
being gone for periods of time
Good
Transportation Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 26, 2016
Depends on your unit and MOS or your job on how your experience will be. I think I can say that overall, it was a great experience and I learned a lot about myself and working with others. PT was hard sometimes but so is life, just have to get through it and work your way up and take time to improve yourself. If you can do that, PT and everything else will become easier.
The hardest part of the job
Communications Chief (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJuly 26, 2016
Very demanding travel to various OCONUS location both hostile and friendly however great teamwork and motivation from all soldiers and leaders alike
Pros
Ample comp time during non-deployment rotations
Cons
Family / work offset
Working in the warehouse working
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCJuly 26, 2016
a typical day at work was signing for sensitive parts, processing parts and separating them in there assigned bins. Teaching other soldiers how to do their job, inventory and also sometimes delivering parts to other warehouses around the Ft. Bragg base.
Pros
benfits for soldier and his family
Cons
always away from family.
Gained an amazing amount of character
US Army (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 26, 2016
A typical day in the Army was long. We got up at 6 in the morning to exercise. Then at 9 we went to the chow hall for breakfast, worked until noon and ate the chow hall again, then worked until the end of the day at 5 pm. My superiors where very strict in making sure we maintained that schedule. It was a big test in discipline for me. Deploying to Iraq was even more of a test in that regard. The hardest part was being away from friends and family for such a long period of time but yet I had some of the most enjoyable times. I traveled to many different places in my service with the Army. I really learned a lot about myself.
Very good organization to work and grow.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 26, 2016
1005 of my time spent managing Financial Management Soldiers and their participation in military exercises and disbursing of DOD funds.
Army
Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 26, 2016
The Army is a great organization to get a head start in life. The Army gives you the tools you need to prepare yourself for the future. It gives you the discipline needed to better yourself as a person.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
down sizing of the Army
Over bearing, bad leadership
Infantryman (11B) (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 26, 2016
The army isnt for everyone. You have toxic leadership it can ruin your life. You have so many rules to follow. I had toxic leadership at ft hood. They didnt respect injured personel either.
Nice place to work if you have a perm job if not enjoy your time there.
Heavy Mobile Equipment Body Mechanic/Welder (Former Employee) –  Hooks, TXJuly 26, 2016
Day of work was tedious and could be very busy but decent coworkers helped out a whole lot. Most enjoyable part of my job was knowing i was helping the soldiers.
Description
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 25, 2016
The Army will change you for the better, they promise you benefits and they do provide you benefits. You are exposed to many types of leadership which helps build you up to become the next great leader to accomplish great things for your job and The Army.
Pros
Builds Character, On the job training, Benefits, Leadership
Cons
Constant changing atmosphere
US Army
88M Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time while serving in the United States Army. I was able to travel and live over seas for a year and was then stationed in New York. I was able to learn a lot and to grow as a person in many different ways during my enlistment.
Teamwork
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  HSC, HHB, I CORPS, Fort Lewis, WA 98433July 25, 2016
I worked in the United States Armed Forces, one of the best jobs I ever had. I had trained, mentored, coached and lead Soldiers over 15+ years in different locations in the USA and over 4 Deployments on combat and support our troops in logistics. Teamwork is at plus, nothing get accomplished with out a good leadership. A typical day is to start with a 15 minutes meeting to brief my Soldiers in the tasking and how those tasking are going to be complete, is very important to assigned every Soldier to the tasks. After the day is done, I review it, but is important to lead and teach to let Soldiers know how the task is done.
Pros
Soldiers learn to become the best leaders
Army
Fire Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAJuly 25, 2016
It was alright, never got to do the job you signed up for though, wouldn't trade it for the world. met some real cool people. But had to deal with some real dumb stuff, and you're treated like youre a little kid.
N/a
Patriot Missile Operator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 25, 2016
I learned most of how good of patience I have. I met a lot of good people and had a pleasure of working with them and growing with them.
Pros
lunch, days off
Cons
miscommunication, last minute details
excellent assisted living center
Trained as a Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 25, 2016
The workers were great team members and put the patients first. I was sad to leave but felt serving my country was more important.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
often was called in after hours to help with problems
Productive, respectable work envoirnment
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft.Leonardwood,MOJuly 25, 2016
Serving time in the service taught me the importance of hard work, respect, attention to deal, along with other core values I've attained.The work day constantly varies, always interesting.

4.4