U.S. Army
16,809 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

it was great
Chemical Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, ncSeptember 29, 2014
Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Specialists are primarily responsible for defending the country against the threat of CBRN weapons and Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Fun to work for
Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: became a better person
Cons: when a war breaks out
days started at 5 a.m
learned my job as a all wheel mechanic also learned how to be a supply clerk
Management stayed talking to us and helping
co-works stayed on there task into the day ended
hardest part had to be sleeping in the woods
someone always had a joke to tell
Challenging and face paced work environment.
Security Specialist United States Army (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 29, 2014
During a normal work day duties include but not limited to:
Physical training
Enforcing policies and standards.
Daily inventory of sensitive items.
Supervising project completion.
Co-workers worked very well as a team and culturally diverse.
The hardest part about the job is the hours and constant travel and time spent away from family.
The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is serving my community and nation. – less
Great
Air Traffic Control Specialist - Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: many changes
Army changed my values and character. It's great organization.
Army of One!!
Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: no limits!!
What needs to be said here! its the US Army and it was the best job and adventure ever.
Great life experince
Aviation Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 29, 2014
Learned a lot and recommend everyone to join. Teaches a lot about life and the importance.
US Army
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Scranton, PASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: once a month
Cons: once a month
Once a month training. Living as a civilian soldiers. Get to focus on military and personal life.
hard working with pride of work
Team Leader/Instructor/Maintainer (Current Employee), Ft.Benning GASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Do whats needed to complete the task safely and properly the first time. Eager to learn new things to to progress
Very excellent experience
Generator Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free meals, great co-workers, free travel, free college
Cons: poor management
A typical day involved physical training in the morning. after we did personal hygiene, we would go to the motor pool and work on trucks and generators.

The best part of my job was knowing that I was protecting those who could not protect them selfs and serving my country.
Challenging, unique work experience
Tactical Intelligence Officer (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: close working relationship, unique challenges, see the world
Cons: currently less opportunities due to long term restructuring of the force.
I am honored to have served with exemplary soldiers in two deployments, to Afghanistan and to Kuwait/Saudi Arabia. Typical work week/day is 5/10 although on deployment is often 7/15-18. I led several specialized teams with expertise in intelligence, surveillance, and chemical protection.
Warehouse Specialist/ Forklift Operator
Warehouse Specialist/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LASeptember 29, 2014
Downloaded trucks with parts for military equipment. Also made orders for parts to be picked up from military personnal.
it will take over your life
Department Manager (Current Employee), Fort CarsonSeptember 29, 2014
the first few years it's not bad, but once you make the rank of Sergeant you better be completely dedicated because it will require all your time.
A good place to get started
Infantry and Intelligence Team Leader (Current Employee), Various LocationsSeptember 29, 2014
I joined when I was 21, almost 22 because I had no direction in life. The Army offered me many amazing opportunities for which I am thankful.
Challenging environment that necessitates solid teamwork
Senior Satellite Terminal Technician (Current Employee), Waxahachie, TexasSeptember 29, 2014
Regularly inspect and maintain all vehicles, generators, and equipment assigned to unit. Supervise and assist a team of 4-6 individuals in the installation and maintenance of signal communication systems in order to provide a stable voice and data service for subscribers. File and submit all paperwork and forms associated with assigned equipment and – more... personnel.

Due to the wide range of tasks that all soldiers are trained for and expected to perform, I would not say that there is a "typical" day at work. The Army motto is to Adapt and Overcome, therefor we are encouraged to look for creative solutions to any and all problems that are presented

Co-workers all learn to get along and work together despite differences of opinion or backgrounds. We work as a team in everything that we do, and as such we must all maintain our skills to a high standard to uphold the team strength.

I feel the most enjoyable part of the job is how different every day or mission can be. Each new mission presents a new challenge to overcome and keeps me learning new ways to approach a problem. – less
an experience
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), fort hood, txSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: short time with family
I deployed to Afganistan where I learned all about how the army worked as a team. We had to fix vehicles and maintain weapions to complete the mission.
United States Army
Senior Signal Support Manager (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: deployments away from family
Early mornings but great cohesion amongst one another, no organization is like the US Army. Hardest part about being in the Army is being away from our families for months at a time.
US Army
Electronic Warfare Signals Intel Analyst (98C) (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: loved military lifestyle
Cons: susceptibility to injury
I loved the military, until I was injusred and could no longer continue in the Army. I made friends in the Rmy that are still my friends to this day.
As I was in Military Intelligence, I quickly learned a lot about computers, communications, intelligence-gathering, satellite, encryption, etc....
Each experience is different depending on your job
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: job security, benefits, fairly quick advancement
Cons: stressful, wears on the body
Each day starts off with physical training, breakfast, work related to your job, Lunch, more work related to your job, closeout formation. then your off for the day. I learned a lot about myself, and a few things that can help me in civilian jobs. But there isn't a whole lot that demolition training can help you with once your out. Your co-workers always – more... change, there is always a steady flow of people coming and going from whichever company you are attached to. The hardest part of the job depends on you, for me it was putting up with the work that didn't make sense and the terrible treatment I got simply because I was a young single male. But for others it could be the rigorous training, the fast paced environment, or the trauma from war. The best part of the job is the adrenaline rushes, the once in a lifetime experiences, and the lifelong friends you make the live all of the country. – less
military
Company Supply Sergeant (Current Employee), Forest Park, ILSeptember 28, 2014
everyday different duties, and able to complete task as a team.
Productive Organization
Network and Computer Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GASeptember 28, 2014
Productive Organization to learn excellent life skills and job training

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more