U.S. Army

24.3K reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Great workplace
25B - Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Puerto RicoAugust 31, 2015
It have been a great place. US Army had exceeded my expectations. It has been a learning experience to work here and had developed on my technical and leader skills in many ways of me.
Was stationed at Fort Hood also know as the great place I have no idea why
Ammunition Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Free housing, food, clothing, and tons of excercise
Cons: tons of excercise, food was not that great, housing sucked, and clothing constantly ripped
Typical day was sitting at my company for 8 hours waiting to get orders to do something. I learned a lot about warehousing and ammunition. Co-workers where all great. Management was ok most of the time I wouldn't see my first Sgt or Cpt until we did a change of command then I saw both of them daily. The hardest part was being away from family for a year at a time. The most enjoyable was basic training or some know it as boot camp.
My job at (DGRC or Army: Non-Tactical Generator and Rail Equipment)
Electrician (Current Employee), Hill AFB, UTAugust 31, 2015
I loved the Idea that I am their to support our troops. I liked working for (DGRC or Army: Non-Tactical Generator and Rail Equipment). because it was production shop. That we competed with outside contractors
I am tired of all the travelling or being TDY. I am hate staying in hotels I rather sleep in my bed with my wife.
Good place to be with great benefits.
Signal Support Specialist (Current Employee), HawaiiAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Excellent training, Health Care benefits, Education benefits, Paid leave
Cons: Long days
This is a good place to be with good training and team building. Being in the army you will learn how to be resilient and hardworking. Just like any other company, you have favoritism and politics. The best thing about my job is having the camaraderie and respect. With the downsizing every MOS and promotion is getting more competitive.
Secure work enviorment, Great co-workers outstanding work benefits
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, Co-workers
Cons: Hours
Enjoyed the challenge of the job. Great comradery with co-workers. Looked forward to work each day. Great potential for advancement within Company.
A Life Changing Experience
25N Instructor/Writer (Network Technician) (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Skills, Travel, Opportunities, Benefits
Cons: Time Away from Family
It’s an eye opening, once in a life time experience. The opportunities, people, and places expand your horizons to help you overcome situations one can only dream of. I believe that the discipline that is learned in the Army is a rewarding and a life memento. I would do all over again!
Great opportunity
Military Police (Former Employee), Korea, Ft Carson Colorado, KuwaitAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Pay, Opportunity
Cons: 72 hour work weeks
The US Army was the greatest decision and workplace of my young life. I spent years learning, maturing, and becoming a better person as well as an efficiently trained Soldier.
An experience I'll never forget
Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 30, 2015
I served in two different job fields while in the United States Army: my first 3 years as a Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic and the following 4 years as an Indirect Fire Infantryman/Mortarman.

A typical work day consisted of showing up to work at 5:30AM and leaving at 5:00PM each day, though often times we've worked well beyond 5:00PM and before 5:30AM.

As a Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic I learned how to inspect for quality assurance and quality control; perform basic mechanical jobs (i.e. brake jobs, oil changes, part exchanges); utilize a database of detailed parts diagrams and part numbers; handle – more... and keep records of paperwork for more than a hundred vehicles.

As an Indirect Fire Infantryman I learned how to conduct personal and vehicle searches; detain enemies; enter and clear rooms and buildings; handle and equip several different light, medium, and heavy weapons; perform foot and vehicle mounted patrols; operate surveillance cameras; operate vehicle and personal x-ray scanning equipment; shoot, move, and communicate.

Overall, I gained a multitude of experience and a variety of skills. Discipline, Punctuality, Pride, and Respect were just a few of the virtues that were instilled in me. – less
Productive and great place to learn leadership
Petroleum Supply Specialist/ Ammunition Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, WAAugust 30, 2015
A great place that sharpened my leadership skills. I worked with a lot of great guys who were all about team work. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing what the outcome of hard work really looks like.
For all individual willing to serve and volunteer their lives for their countrymen.
Infantry Rifleman (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIAugust 30, 2015
Pros: The chance to serve you country.
Cons: N/A
I am pleased, honored, and proud to say I served in the U.S. Army. I recommend anyone with the heart to serve and venture out into the many different countries to serve. There really isn't anything hard about the job; you get paid to stay fit and travel. The most enjoyable is when gaining experience and being able to teach the new recruits what you learned on the job.
Army Infantry
Training Instructor (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Can never be explained must be lived
Cons: Death, hunger, sleep depervation.
Absolute best career. Early mornings with lots of pain and suffering but wouldn't trade my time as a soldier for anything. Learned life lessons and seen the world. Lost friends in combat but, life went on. Never forgot them, never will.
It was the army.
Food Service Specialst (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 30, 2015
It was exciting learning new things every few days. There is no typical day to day thing, everything is subject to when ever the need fits.
Productive work environment with co workers and with equipment
11 Bravo Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Excellent Leadership, Good Work Ethic
Cons: Didnt get to see family alot
The Army was a great job, I got to do things that I thought I would never do meet a lot of great people across the US, My Company was always there if you needed anything or any help. I was a Team Leader which was like a secondary supervisor, I was in charge of 4-5 sometimes more. We went to the field for training exercises for week's and months at a time, also shot weapons, cleaned them, and fixed them. The part I liked most of my job was the brotherhood we had in the company.
Excellent discipline gaining experience
Infantry Squad Leader (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits, room to grow
Cons: Extremely stressful at times
A vastly diverse work culture coming together to accomplish missions large and small. I've gained many skills from the Army that I can apply in all aspects of my life.
The Army life
Targeting Specialist (Former Employee), Fort BraggAugust 30, 2015
The army was a great experience. It taught me things daily such as, teamwork and communication skills. It pushes you to work hard and to set goals and to reach them.
U.S. Army
Senior Healthcare Specialist, Afghanistan (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Service to the country, education, healthcare
I served in the US Army for 6 years and loved every minute of it. I would sign up again in a heart beat and do everything over again if I had the option.
All 6 years I served as a healthcare specialist and learned how to treat patients in varying levels of distress, and what a learning curve it was. I also learned to manage their families and how to properly talk to patients and describe medical treatments to them when they didnt fully understand.
A once in a lifetime experience.
Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee), Oklahoma National GuardAugust 29, 2015
My experience has been full of meaningful experiences over the past 13 years with multiple deployments overseas and state disaster missions. My leadership qualities have been tuned through times of stress, life threatening times, and also day to day redundancies. I've adhered to the Army values and demonstrate them through my personality and day to day life.
I was a U.S. Army Infantryman.
Infantryman (Former Employee), Different locationsAugust 29, 2015
We trained for combat situations. I learned to pay attention to detail, how to communicate with others in stressful situations, and how to work as a team member.
Great learning experience, builds leadership and honor.
Infantryman (Former Employee), Ft. Lewis, Washington, Ft. Benning GeorgiaAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Guaranteed paycheck, lots of friends, lots of skills
Cons: Sometimes would not get three meals, time consuming, family and friend hard ships
On a typical day we would usually utilize our time to train in weapons training, combat training, leadership skills, physical exercise, getting ready for deployment, and making sure that our vehicles and equipment would be running great and in excellent condition to perform at their best. Most of the time we would go out to the field and do more advanced training in mock situations, go to shooting ranges, and mostly work on our vehicles to make sure they were in great condition at all times. On days we had nothing planned, it would be a majority of different chores to do around our unit, as far as mowing the lawns, cleaning the buildings, picking up trash, etc.
Infantry Sergeant Team Leader
Infantry Sergeant Team Leader (Former Employee), ColoradoAugust 29, 2015
Team Leader in Mechanized Infantry Platoon. Maintained accountability of all equipment, communications, training and mentoring of five man rifle squad. Responsible for personnel management and junior leader development. Directed team through tactical employment during offensive operations.
Headquarters