U.S. Army
13,534 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Fun Place to work
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 14, 2014
Job is fun, you are always busy. When you need help on something, your supervisor is there to assist you. Its always a learning experience.
Best career I have ever had
M1A1 Tank Crewman Rank 84 Active Duty (Former Employee), Fort Benning GAApril 14, 2014
Pros: great pay and excellent benefits
Cons: long days
Great career loved every minute of it. Had plenty of chances for advancement. Hated being discharged for medical after War in Iraq. A lot of in your face involvement. Early days and late nights.
Hard Days Easy Pay
HVAC Professional and HAZMAT Officer (Former Employee), Ft. CarsonApril 14, 2014
Early mornings with much yelling and exercise. Long lunch breaks and making decisions.
hard work
Signal Support System Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 14, 2014
hard work on a daily basis, both physically and mentally which at times could become very stressful
U.S. Army
Non NCOs
Going home
Fun work place
Infantry Squad Leader (Former Employee), Killeen, TXApril 14, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: being away from my family
A lot of good people to work with, traveled the world, I met some of the greatest people you could possibly meet
Be a Soldier
Transportation Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCApril 14, 2014
Best option for you and your family. Good Benefits not a whole lot of hours at work
very productive place to work
Army Medic (Former Employee), United StatesApril 14, 2014
typical day would be getting up in the morning and doing PT than the work day would start at 9 a.m. till what ever time it took to complete whatever mission we needed to complete prior to going home for the day.
Telecommunication
Operator (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXApril 14, 2014
Installs, operates, and performs unit level maintenance on multichannel line-of-site and tropospheric scatter communications systems, antennas and associated equipment. Analyzes BIT/BITE diagnostics to isolate faults to the Line Replaceable Unit. Installs, operates, performs strapping, restrapping, preventive maintenance checks and services, and unit – more... level maintenance on communication security devices. Operates and performs Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services on assigned vehicles. Installs, operates, and performs preventive maintenance checks and services on assigned power generators.

Supervises operations and assists team members in the installation and operation of multichannel line-of-site and tropospheric scatter communications systems. Supervises, performs and assists team members in the performance of unit level maintenance on assigned communications equipment. Requests logistical support. Prepares input for statistical and other operational reports. – less
Good place to learn
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYApril 14, 2014
The Army can take a young boy and turn him into a good man if they want to. Teaches you flexability and hard work.
Adventurous
19K Operations Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GAApril 14, 2014
The US ARMY provides a Soldier the experience of a lifetime. You have the ability to travel the world and experience many different cultures. The ARMY also assists an individual to grow both mentally and emotionally.
Good advancement opportunity and benefits
Barracks Program Building Manager (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COApril 14, 2014
It's the Army. It's not a job it's a lifestyle. Great benefits.
A good experience for those who look for it
COIST/RTO (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 14, 2014
Pros: great networking among peers, exciting experiences, jumping out of planes, seeing the world
Cons: inconsistant leadership at higher level positions, getting nickel and dimed by the army, very inconsistant work schedule
Serving in the Army was very exciting and challenging. The Army trains one to get over their fears and get the mission done no matter the tasking/conditions.The Team/Squad leaders are the core of the leadership, but the leadership levels at higher positions had no concept of what the soldier on the ground was going through. This disconnect between the – more... higher echelons and the individual soldier lead to absurd tasking's under the most absurd conditions. The peers, the networking and the mid-level leadership roles was some of the more enjoyable aspects of the job. – less
loved it
Army Medic (Former Employee), United StatedApril 14, 2014
loved serving my country the people I worked with were great
Excellent Leadership and Dedication to Family Life
US Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Killeen, TXApril 14, 2014
I always received positive feedback and constructive advice on my day to day duties. My commanders were extremely caring when it came to their soldier's family life and did their best to accommodate unexpected family situations if they arose, while maintaining an efficient work environment.
Challenging yet rewarding place to work
UAS Instructor Operator/ Standardization Operator (Current Employee), Peoria, ILApril 14, 2014
Everyday is something new. I am leaving Active Duty June 15th and moving to Riverside, CA. I am wanting to use what i have learned in the army world and use it in the civilian.
Unbeatable leadership training
Battalion Staff Signal Officer (Current Employee), FT. Campbell, KYApril 14, 2014
Plan all communications for training events and missions. Entailed Project Management, RF engineering, Satellite, LAN and WAN topologies.

Manage 20 plus Soldiers

Hardest part of my job was short time lines for planning events, this was also one of the most enjoyable at the same time as showed the ability to accomplish a lot in a short time frame.
A typical day in the army
Cook (Former Employee), Fort LeeApril 14, 2014
Pros: get to get in shape, have physical fitness, and get army strong
Cons: away from your family for long periods of time
You wake up at 6 and start your day by going to chow and then you do walking and running and PT. Then you go do your AIT training for cooking or whatever your postion in the army is then you go to chow and do more PT then you line up for roll call and then you get private time to talk on the phone, play games, take a shower, and clean your room. Then – more... you go lower the flag and go to bed and do your patrol for the night. – less
Extremely team oriented
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSApril 14, 2014
Pros: medical benefits and vacation time
Cons: on call 24 hours a day and all year long everyday
It was a very good opportunity for me. I learned how to be a leader and how to work with almost every type of person there is in the world.
Very Intence organization
First Line Supervisor (Current Employee), Newport News, VAApril 14, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: rules
Have to be very flexible on a days work. Many changes are made during day.
Learned how to be very diverse in my job. Managing personnel was a very important aspect of my job.
Coworkers were very diverse also. I learned from coworkers. Allowed me to grow in my field and how to deal with different personalities.
The hardest part of my job was actually – more... dealing with the changes during the work day. These changes allowed me to adjust and still complete what had to be done.
The most enjoyable would have to be being around others at work. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more