U.S. Army
20,258 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Hard work with plenty to learn
Senior Writer/Training Developer (Current Employee), Fort Jackson, SCMarch 3, 2015
I love the military it gives a person a great start to life. I recommend everyone that does not have a clue to what they want to do, at least serve your country, while it protects you.
Excellent Place to advance
Operations Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSMarch 3, 2015
Excellent Place to advance and to learn
Management cares about Soldiers and families
Great way to learn different cultures around he world
Great place to learn
Wheel Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GAMarch 3, 2015
A typical work day starts at 0600 to 0730 for accountability and physical training. 0900 motor pool for all maintenance. learned a lot about diesel engines and a lot about hazmat response/ decontamination in a chemical unit
Army life
Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 3, 2015
THE ARMY LIFE CAN BE HECTIC AT TIMES BUT IT HAS TAUGHT ME TO BE A BETTER PERSON. I HAVE LEARNED MORE ABOUT RESPONSIBILITY AND I GOT CHANCES TO TRAVEL.
Loved my job
Engineer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs COMarch 3, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: away from family a lot
This job allowed me to be the rough tomboy that I am. I was allowed to do any job I wanted with out any one saying this is a "mans job". This Job allowed me to travel the world see different things and meet different people that would forever change my life
It was the army
PSYOP Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, CoMarch 3, 2015
Good times and terrible times. It was the Army after all. It did help me become me though. Thats all I have to say about that.
Fun place to work
Audio Visual Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: benfits
Cons: long hours
I learned a lot from this job in particular a lot about helpdesk operations and video teleconferecing. A typical workday would start at 6 am and i would get off at 5 pm. the hardest part of the job is the long hours and the most enjoyable part is getting to see the world.
Good experience.
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 3, 2015
Great experience in my life. I have learned a lot from the experience. I learned a great deal working with people from all across America. Also, you are only as strong as your weakest link.
Excellent place to work
Retention Manager (Current Employee), FT Bragg, NCMarch 3, 2015
Love working here. Always learning something new. Travel to a lot of places and experiencing a lot of new cultures. would like to work in similar environment.
Always served in a productive capacity and was able to work for anyone and motivate others to work for me.
Senior Guidance Counselor (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAMarch 3, 2015
A typical day at work included physical fitness, facilitating the enlistment processes in order for applicants to enlist in the US Army. Provided applicants 20 years of experiences and mentoring to choose the correct career path for them as well as the Army needs. Management was minimal at best. Consistently worked without supervision and little guidance. Learned how to work and treat civilians from a military perspective versus the ways brought up in the Army for soldier to soldier interactions. Hardest working and most loyal and trustworthy co-workers in my entire military career. Most enjoyed knowing that an integral role was played in the first major life decision made by young men and women for the last eight years of my career.
Never forgotten
US Army (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: the brotherhood
There wasn't a typical day. Everyday was different from the next. Being a part of the one percent, part of an unbroken brotherhood. I am proud of my veteran status!
productive workplace with clear and consice guidance
Imagery Analyst (Current Employee), Ft. Riley, KSMarch 3, 2015
Pros: full benefits, time with family, great training
working for the united states military has given me everything i need to be successful after i leave i have been given the best training for my job as well as further training and practice to stay proficient with my job.
You shall become disciplined
Sergent First Class (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMarch 3, 2015
You shall travel the world, but you will have to work many hours and have very little time for family. You shall not get compensated for the extra time you have to put in on a daily/weekly basis.
Traning soldiers
Cavalry Scout (Former Employee), Ft. Benning Ga.March 3, 2015
Start the day of at 4:30 a.m to get to work and stand in formation for accountability. We do P.T (physical fitness training) for an hour and a half which is from 6:00 to 7:30 a.m. Then at 9:00 that's when the work day starts with training the soldiers on their job skills. Giving classes.
My co-workers are the best people to work with you get to meat all types of people from all over the country. With the same work ethic as you.
The hardest part of the job was my deployment, and at the same time the most enjoyable
Great Place to be in
Medical Laboratory Technician NCOIC (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: traveling
Cons: single parent
My typical day was performing physical training and afterwards attend work. I was a lab tech and administration specialist. I enjoyed this job because I enjoy patients. I love helping others when they are in need. I worked in a great environment. I learned disciple by being in the military. This was a weakness for me but it became my strength. The hardest part was being a single parent in the military. But I worked through it and gained from it.
Productive and rewarding.
Recruiting Operation Officer (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I had a rewarding, fulfilling and outstanding military career while I was on active duty. Many of my experiences while service my country help shape me into a strong, compassionate, and hardworking individual and leader. I plan to uses many of the skills and the leadership traits I learned in the military to establish a successful and fulfilling career as a civilian.
Love my country
Chemical Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: stablilty, integrity
Cons: gone from family
Teamwork, dedication, discipline. Hardest part was being away from family. You do things you never thought possible. Push your self to the max and you can accomplish anything.
very productive
Secretary (Former Employee), fort gordon , gaMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits
great experince here i loved it with a passion you meet all sorts of people and get to travel depending on your mos but this not for everyone
Human Resource Specialist 42A (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COMarch 3, 2015
I really enjoyed my the past 6 years of being in the Army. It is a very demanding and there are times that you have to go with out seeing your family. The most enjoyable part was seeing different cultures an helping out your fellow soldier.
Completely different lifestyle
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free college and full benefits
Cons: you're in the military for life
You wake up and do Company PT (Physical Training), then the company will release you to go to work and depending on where you work will determine how long you work.You get a fixed pay with no overtime but you get complete benefits and it pays for your college. The rules will keep changing the whole time you're in. And as long as you're in the right place, at the right time, in the right uniform you're good to go.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more