U.S. Army
21,307 reviews

U.S. Army United States Employee Reviews

Good job for some and not for others
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Holidays off, job security
Cons: Long hours and under contract.
Every day is something new. You never know what the next day will bring. The days can very from a hard days work with long hours to a normal days work that's over before you know it. Some supervisors support time with family and others not so much. You will have a lot of difference experiences, some good and some not as much. You will learn many difference skills.
Military lifestyle
Automated logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIApril 20, 2015
Pros: Salary, Job security, Travel, Constantly learning
Cons: Family time, On-Call, Mass Punishment
I don't have any regrets about being in the military as some may, it has been a productive and positive experience for me and like any job that harbors such responsibilities comes arduous times and a motivated work ethic to be responsible for yourself, your equipment and the people around you.
Great experience
Movements Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCApril 20, 2015
The 20 years I have spent in the military have prepared me excel in my transition to civilian life. I learned how to work with all types of people from different countries.
best branch to enlist
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 20, 2015
Learn lot going through basic training and AIT for your job training

co-workers are never the same they are from all over the world
Motivated and fast learner
Tech Supply Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYApril 20, 2015
Just recently transition from military to civilian life. Very fast learned. Always on time. Willing to work hard and focus on my work
NA
Center Commander / Senior Recruiter (Current Employee), WorldwideApril 20, 2015
Recruiter
Recruits, determines applicant enlistment eligibility, counsels applicants on enlistment programs and options, prepares enlistment applications and processes qualified applicants to enlist in the Army and Army Reserve; accounts for and prepares Future Soldiers for initial entry training implements and conduct Army awareness programs throughout an assigned area, maintains a network of influencers to include parents, educators and community officials in high schools and colleges, responsible for $45,000 worth of Government equipment.
Fast paced work environment with high energy work days
Development and Training Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYApril 20, 2015
Pros: Highly rewarding
Cons: Unpredictable work schedule
Very rewarding job.
Structured work day for multiple subordinates, to include daily tasks, meetings, and training practices/classes.
Fast Pace and taking initiative
Company Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYApril 20, 2015
Pros: Learning something new everyday!
Cons: Time managing
Learning how to become a great leader and how to manage soldiers.
Get hands on training on what it is to be a Unit Supply Specialist
Learning good traits like accountability and managing personnel & organizational government property.
Organized with excellent job security.
Reconnaissance Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Job security, steady paycheck
Cons: Work hours
No day is ever the same, constantly adapting to new situations, it keeps a person on their toes. Co-workers are brothers and sisters rather than "Co-workers".
US Army Combat Medic Career
Senior Training Developer/Writer (Current Employee), Fort Sam Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Team, Life long frienships developed, senior management
Cons: Extensive work hours, short suspenses
A typical day at work was fast paced with multiple tasks to complete. Team elements were always key to success and also made it much more enjoyable. Camaraderie is above reproach to the point I have life long friendships and honest extended family.

Management was at times challenging, but with team work and genuine care and concern of the team and mission; all was well and accomplished.

The toughest part of the job was multiple tasks coming in at the last minute, though rarely.

Later years of my career, I was assigned to Senior Level Operations and believe I was able to make positive effects which will be long term for the future US Army Combat Medic.
Experience of a lifetime, well rounded personnel and culture. Motivation
Logistician (Former Employee), last JBLM Fort LewisApril 20, 2015
Pros: self-development.
Cons: time away from family (deployments)
Self structured and self disciplined also an opportunity to grown and learn to become better leaders and mentors. I enjoy working together as a team.
Fun, exciting job with lots of opportunities
Assistant Corps Transportation Officer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TexasApril 20, 2015
The Army gave me numerous opportunities for advancement as well as education, the benefits are great and because of them I was able to take good care of my family.
I started out as a Private (E1) and ended my career as a Captain (O3) mainly due to the growth opportunities given to me.
The hardest part of the job is the deployments and having to be away from the family for so long in a foreign country where people are trying to kill you.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the time off when we got home from deployments. There is nothing hard about the Army, you show up in the right uniform at the right time and do the right thing.
Decent Job
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee), Statham, GAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Everything gets executed
Cons: The planning can be off at times
I enjoy working for my NCOs, they take great care of their soldiers. Squad leaders are attentive and they make sure to keep the soldiers intact.
This is where I learned majority of my Life skills
Water Purification Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 20, 2015
A very challenging yet honorable part of my life

I learned to really push myself even when I mentally thought I was inable

Tried my very best to always be accountable

Taught me how to balance life Vice's.
Unlike any other experience
Healthcare Specialist/Combat Medic (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits, Plenty of room for advancement
Cons: Long Working Hours / Days, Strenuous Work Environments, Typically not well paid
As a veteran, the skills and experience gained throughout my medical career in the Army has proven to be an invaluable tool. The sheer amount of knowledge available to me has not been wasted. Let me start off by saying that while the expertise the military has given me came at a cost, the life lessons and deep understanding has been well worth the trade off. I have been able to touch people's lives in a meaningful way and it's caused a love of learning and helping people to grow inside of me that I never knew before.
challenging place to work
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCApril 20, 2015
Pros: training
Cons: deployments
Work in a very faced pace environment that constantly requires multitasking, flexibility, time management, teamwork, integrity, initiative, and commitment to mission completion.
Network Technician, Helpdesk Manager (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYApril 20, 2015
Overall a great place to work. Great benefits and very family oriented. Spent a lot of time traveling as well as working inside the technical field. The overall atmosphere of the job was outstanding and had a great sense of team coordination. Hardest part about the job is the travel away from family. The most enjoyable would be the atmosphere and the ability to learn your job from hands on experience.
loved this job
Corporal (Former Employee), littleton, coApril 20, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: none
General warehouse company, distributed paper products and completed printing jobs to customers from warehouse. Fun place to work. Very family oriented. Management was the best I have ever had.
Best job I ever have
Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Relashionships made along the way
Cons: Depoymets
Typical day at work was challenging and demanding. The military provided me with new skills I did not have. The ability to be a part of a team, a place to learn and grow as an individual and as a leader. My co-workers were people like me that came from different backgrounds and way of life looking to better themselves and to defend our country. It was the friendships made and the satisfaction of seeing other people achieve their goals.
Military
Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAApril 20, 2015
Serving your country is not to be taken lightly. It's very rewarding, but very time consuming and unforgiving. You have to make a commitment.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries