U.S. Army
19,349 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Recommended for people that need to work before college
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fort Jackson, SCJanuary 23, 2015
Sometimes can be political. SHARP program is full of flaws. Legal system is not fair. Work is very satisfying. Benefits are the greatest bar none. You gain valuable experience.
Great experience
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 23, 2015
This is a once in a lifetime experience!

The United States Army is not only a great place to begin any career, it is also a wonderful place to develop a successful career.

The culture is wonderful and employees are encouraged to be innovators in everything they do.

You can travel and see the world. There is opportunity to advance in your career and in schooling.

The hardest part of this job is missing out on your family's lives. With the travelling, you aren't going to be working where you grew up and won't always be near family.
Room for advancement and experience.
Health Care Specialist (Combat Medic) (Former Employee), Ft. Huachuca, ArizonaJanuary 23, 2015
The US Army is a great place to experience new things and travel. The training is hard but it prepares you for the world. Most people become better people after their experiences. It is also the best way to give back to the people of this nation.
Production
Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Joint Base Lewis McChordJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: schools, traveling, benefits
Cons: deployments
My Typical day of work consist of Managing a consolidate Motor Pool with making sure all vehicles stay within the guidelines stated by the Department of Defense. My other responsibilities was as a fleet manager to track how much money we spend on parts and equipment for all our vehicles.

I also trained 12 Soldiers in military training. I love working with my co-workers, they made my job less stressful, because they had a grasp on their job.

Hardest part of my job was deploying and leaving my family behind, and adapting to a new environment when being deployed.

most enjoyable was learning about my job as a fleet manager, going to different classes to learn about my job made life easier in the Army.
Great
Team leader/ Sergeant/ E-5 (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 23, 2015
The United States Army was a fantastic learning experience that taught me the power of hard work and dedication. I have met people that will be lifelong friends and developed a skill set that only a few possess. My time in the Army consisted of both the best and the worst times of my life, but it played no small part in making me who I am today.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the diverse group of people that persevered through any challenge, which encouraged me to do the same. It was truly a unique experience.
Made me the man i am today.
(H-60) General Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Army life can be very turbulent but in the long run it did great things for my family and I. However, it’s just time for my family and I to look elsewhere. It teaches you discipline and self worth and how to be a team with everyone
Good experiance
91B Wheel Vehicle Mechanic in the Army (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: uncertain how long we were going to be away from home
A typical day will consist of an early wake up to do some exercise. During the work hours would depend on what the Training Sceduale. We could have anything from Classes to going to the firing range to go shoot some weapons. The co workers were from all walks of life. The hardest part, was the Army is always changing so we had to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. The most enjoyable part was the experience, got to travel and learn skills that can only be trained in.
A way of life
Technical Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 23, 2015
As a soldier you are required to do multiple tasks but you get to choose your main job position.
Professional Organization
United States Army Crew Chief (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: sense of pride, benefits, pay
This career was an honor to have. I attended the police academy daily and it was a training environment. I learned that this job is much harder than it looks and that it takes a special individual to perform these duties. The hardest part for me was leaving the job that I had always wanted. Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to move on.
work in a fast-paced and technology driven environment, has allowed me to quickly advance to positions of increased challenges and responsibilities.
Logistic Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: everything
Through each of my positions, I have gained invaluable experience that would permit me to quickly become a contributing member in your computer support operations.I personally enjoy challenges and feel that my comprehensive technical knowledge will provide you with a skilled and reliable hard-worker who can get results.
Supervisor of a Military Corrections Complex Medical Center
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Leavenworth, KSJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits package(healthcare and housing)
Cons: early work schedule, long days and nights occasionally.
A typical day at work usually consists of arriving to and opening the Health Clinic at 0500 in the morning, Mon-Fri. Being on call at all times for emergency situations. I manage training schedules and provide leadership to 7 Service Members currently. My co-workers are proficient in all aspects of the job because of strong leadership and a great relationship within the section. The most enjoyable part of my job is leading and training Soldiers to be future leaders.
Positive work environment with many opportunites.
Special Security Officer (Current Employee), Joint Base Lewis-McChordJanuary 23, 2015
I've learned many things in regards to security practices and procedures. I've sat in a postion that is far above my pay grade which has allowed me to learn a multitiude of different things.
Receptionist (Civilian services) (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2015
One of the best jobs in my work history. This position showed my second talent for organization, timeliness, coordination and love for people. I was able to meet new people, expand my communication skills and help those around me do the same.
It is truly a life choice to do this job
Strategic Operations Director (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCJanuary 23, 2015
I enjoyed my 11 years in the Army. This is not a job that is meant for everyone. It is a life choice and one that you have to be willing to follow through on.
A boys dream realized
Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Leonard Wood MoJanuary 23, 2015
For as long as I can remember I wanted to be a Soldier, now that chapter of my life has ended, I and ready for the next challenge and the US Army prepared me for that ..
Army Strong
Squad Leader/Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: steady job
Cons: long hours and being away from your family
Being a solider is not just a word but a life style, worth being proud to be called and something that will always remind you why we love our country so much and its people. It can be stressful at times and can be challenging, but worth the experience. Your co-workers are not just co-workers, but your brothers and sisters. The hardest part is being away from your family. The most enjoyable is learning life skills every day.
Rough labor, Long hours, Stressful operations
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: health care benifits, promotions, annual raises, retirement plans, job security
Cons: supervisers, control over entire life, harrasment
A typical day in the states started off with a hour and a half of physical training. We all would get released for breakfast and that took up to an hour. If our supervisors could make it happen, all of our breaks for breakfast, and lunch was an hour a piece. Lunch usually happened mid day sometime around noon. After breakfast, you were then expected to be in the appropriate uniform for the daily duties that were taken place. Once you were where you needed to be, on time, and in the appropriate attire. You're supervisors would check to make sure you had pen and paper, ID card, ID tags, your everyday tools that you needed as a soldier in garrison. Once everyone was taken care of, we then proceeded with the daily work load. Maintenance for vehicles, police calls, weapons training, equipment training, maneuver training, clearing rooms, just classes on how to properly handle combat situations. As a supervisor, I taught my soldiers these classes and skills that I picked up through training and experience. We always made sure everyone was on the same page and if you weren't then we policed you up making sure at the end of the day you were making progress. Then it usually stayed on course like this handling different task throughout the day giving by higher supervisors. Work task or training was our two options throughout our days until we go on actual missions over seas. Up until then, it was supervisors training lower enlisted, taking care of the extra work as needed. Managed by higher supervisors, that managed them, all the way up to our president. I apologize if I have been vague with our "Typical day at work", but if you know anything about the armed forces, you know we have so many different things to handle on a daily. As a soldier it's hard describing our over all duties, because we handle everything ourselves. Our jeeps needed repaired, we had to work on them. If our men got wounded, we fixed them. I don't really know how to explain that, so I apologize.
Army
Quatermaster Equipment Repair (Current Employee), Camp Stanley South KoreaJanuary 22, 2015
Most recently, while working in Camp Stanley, South Korea. I was Senior Pump Mechanic in charge of preforming daily checks on over 65 pieces of equipment. I was in charge of 15 personnel. I enjoyed working with my fellow coworkers in a safe family environment.
Military training in small cohesive environment
Infantry / E-4 (Former Employee), Urbana, ILJanuary 22, 2015
-Working on education to modern military
-Team building exercises
-Multiple training tasks for several environments
-Leadership development
I enjoyed everything about it
Cook, Supply, Chemical Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Washington StateJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free breaks
I enjoyred Being in the Military , cause it made me a better Person.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more