U.S. Army
20,188 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Fantastic Career
CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HawaiiFebruary 28, 2015
Learned team leadership, group management, engineering, office administration, how to take charge of groups. Every chain of command I worked under was very understanding, competent and accomplished every mission we were given.
Easygoing, fun, honorable work experience
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: predictable work schedules, lunch time, compensation for working 24 hour duties
Cons: field exercises, deployment that took us away from family for weeks to months at a time
I had served 7 years active duty as a healthcare specialist. I had worked both in the U.S. and overseas in Germany and while deployed to Afghanistan. I had established a very diverse network of peers, co-workers, supervisors, commanders, and most important of all, the best friends I could ever ask for. I learned my job well and was successful, though never promoted. I enjoyed that I was well taken care of through many resources that the Army has to offer.
Retiring from the US Army
Senior Observer Coach (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, WAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: job security, working in areas of incresing responsibility, dependable
Cons: lots of family separation
I have spent 24 years and two months in the Army. I am extremely proud to have been a Leader of fine Brave Soldiers during my long career in the Infantry. Leading Soldiers has been the hightlight of my career.
Great place to work with benefits
Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: paid vacations, medical and dental benefits, bonuses
Cons: long work days, deployments
A typical day at work begins at 6:30 a.m. until about 5:00 p.m. I work on record keeping, filing, requesting and receiving supplies and equipment daily. I learned good time management skills and how to work with others. The hardest part of the job was the deployments and long work days. The most enjoyable thing about it is assisting others.
Gratifiying and Productive
Cyber Targeteer (Former Employee), USAFebruary 28, 2015
There is no way to place what I do in the military in a single category. The daily requirements in the military though seemingly standardized are extremely diverse. However every day makes for a gratifying experience.
Fast pace and well rewarding place to work
Housing Manager (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: always something new to learn
Cons: long deployments away from families.
Get to help young soldiers with finding a place to live and greet them as they face new challenges in there career start.

Trained on systems that help manage housing projects and budget.

Great work ethics and team work from all in the office.
Good place to build a career
Military Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Henderson Hall, VAFebruary 28, 2015
After 21 Years of working with the Army, I found the work challenging, yet rewarding. I recommend the military services to anyone looking to build valuable skills while serving their country.
Great experiences
Aviation Operations specialist (Former Employee), Fort benningFebruary 28, 2015
I loved the experience. Would go back if I could. I miss the lifestyle and everything that came along with it. Training and the people I met were awesome.
not for everyone
Satellite Communications Operator (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXFebruary 28, 2015
i loved it at times and hated it at others ... it is a very unique culture. overall i enjoyed my time serving and would do it all over again.
Great Experience
UAS Maintainer (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: great coworkers, good training
Working in the army has been a great experience and helped me to achieve goals in my career to get me a jumpstart on a civilian career.
Great experience
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great health benefits, wonderful teacher aids in my classroom
Cons: long hours
I've enjoyed being a lead teacher for the past three years. I gained so much valuable experience working with people at all levels.
Love teaching young officers
Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Lee, VAFebruary 27, 2015
Teaching leadership curriculum to US Army majors/promotable captains is always a learning experience for my students and myself.
Infatryman
Infantryman (Former Employee), Danbury, CTFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: benefits
its the army cant really say much. followed the chain of command and did what i was told to do. became a team leader. was in charge of 1-2 men and accountable for all of our equipment.
Awesome
Senior Human Resource/Security Manager (Current Employee), Washington DCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
To be a U.S. Army Soldier is to be part of the strongest fighting force in the world. You’ll spend your days training, working and serving together to protect America’s freedoms. You’ll also have time after work for family, friends and personal interests. From recruitment to retirement, the U.S. Army provides a unique lifestyle.

The most important thing you’ll learn as a Soldier is how to become a successful leader. You will be given many opportunities to improve your leadership and teamwork skills as you take on more responsibility and move up in rank. You’ll learn how to motivate and problem solve — to pursue goals with passion, to stand up to challenges, and lead and live with your strengths. You will learn to lead by example.
Productive work place, like a brotherhood
92f (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: brotherhood, working as a team, growing
Cons: long time away from home
Typical day of work requires fueling of aircraft, a lot of classes regarding safety at the work place. It's a very good place to learn and grow. The hardest part of the job would be having to stay away from home for long periods of time, but the most enjoyable part of the job would be the brotherhood within it.
career builder
Human resource specialist (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 27, 2015
with this experience it set a life time of memories. I learned leadership and teamwork. This branch of the military is by far the best.
A mature and driven enviornment
Primary Task Leader tactical field artillery (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: benefits, set schedules and paid holidays/ weekends.
Cons: long work days, unknown formations times, stress, ranking structure
A typical day would include 0630 physical training going onto daily operations either on vehicle maintenance or military topics discussed. Monthly field training in hostile environments for days to weeks at a time. I have met some of my greatest influences and role models in the military.
work and pay
Automated Logistical Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: pay, communication, and oppurtunity
i dont feel as much as we work inn the job titles we are in we get paid enough as of compared to the cilivian that does the same job.
The best of the Best
Senior Personnel Service Sergeant (SFC-E7) (Former Employee), Puerto RicoFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: all are pros
Cons: no cons
There are no words to describe the best job in the word. Proud to be one of his members. If a could have the chance to return I will not hesitate and go forward. I am proud of serving this great super job.
Army is a unique lifestyle
Light wheeled mechanic (Former Employee), NCFebruary 27, 2015
There's up's and downs's, but there is always work. From 06:30 - 18:30 vehicles need to get maintenance. In Afghanistan I was primarily security so the job was completely different. Around the clock schedules to hostile situations. My fellow soldiers and other leadership were amazing to work with. The hardest part of the job was being away so much from my family. I feel the most enjoyable was the experience in combat, and doing something for this country that no other person would do. The camaraderie with this field of work is truly inspiring.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more