U.S. Army
20,157 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Military life in the Army
Collaborate Training Manager (Current Employee), CAINFebruary 26, 2015
By now most employers should have a good idea what servicemembers have gone through. Everyone is different and yet we are pretty much the same.
Challenging and fast pace
COMPANY OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: travel
• Served as organization senior assistant supervisor;
• provided preventive and consumer education to 300 personnel and their family members
• Coordinated support with local agencies to ensure personnel's families were taken care of during difficult times
• Supervised the maintenance and control of equipment worth over $5 million
• Managed the execution of company sustained operations
Demanding yet rewarding job
UAS Standardization Instructor Operator (Current Employee), Annville, PAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free/cheap healthcare, travel
Cons: long days
I have learned so much about myself, coworkers and other cultures in my 7 years in the military. I have done things I did not know I was capable of doing. I've been places I never thought I'd go! The only regret was I didn't do it sooner. Theres nothing I can say about a typical day. Everyday is a different day. That's why it's so great. I have been trained to adjust to any situation. There is so much structure and yet so much that needs structured. I have worked in the absence of leadership with the expectations of success. I will always be able to adapt to my in order to succeed!
US Army
Construction Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee), Various locations including overseasFebruary 26, 2015
I spent 20 years in the army between active duty and reserves. I learned the skills I needed to be a human being and the skills I needed to become productive in whatever I chose to do.
Unforgettable experience
Soldier (Former Employee), TXFebruary 26, 2015
Although i was injured i gained alot. I learned to work as a team and have faith in yourself and others. Hardest part was getting up in the morning and tackling everything.
Very educational experience
Battalion Electronic Warfare Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: open communication
Cons: deployments and time spent away from my family
I would not trade my time in the Army for anything. The diverse areas of business I was exposed to has changed the way I perceive mission accomplishment.
Review
Combat Engineer Team Leader (Former Employee), Knoxville TnFebruary 26, 2015
Looked for IEDS, managed a team of 4 men. The most enjoyable part of the job was the travel. Overall good experience. The hardest part of the job was it was never structured.
Very professional
BRIGADE FORCE PROTECTION OFFICER (Former Employee), Newport News, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Serve as Force Protection Officer and manage the command's force protection and security programs. Provide executive level oversight, short and long-range planning for future missions and the real-time execution of current missions.
* Manage intelligence operations and assigned projects, monitor progress and evaluate performance. Develop strategies to leverage allied nation intelligence capabilities and coordinate the incorporation of their intelligence support into plans.
* Took the initiative and single handedly planned, coordinated and executed the force protection plan for Joint-Logistics-Over-the Shore operations, 2014.
* Reestablished the brigade's emergency management program in an effort to better prepare the brigade for an emergency. Passionately prepared subordinate units for the XVIII Corps Operational Readiness Assessment and as a result, visited every arms room numerous times until they met the standard
The military is good
Administrative Support Supervisor (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 26, 2015
If you work hard and perform, you will get promoted rather quickly. It's not for everybody. Must be willing to compromise and take orders. It's all about the hierarchy.
Army
Soldier (Former Employee), Fort Bliss TxFebruary 26, 2015
A typical day comprised of waking up for pt than going to formation and working in the motorpool. Also have done numerous number of classes dealing from EEO to SHARP
Not the average job
Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXFebruary 26, 2015
High paced environment involving combat readiness training, overrall soldier well being. about 12 hour work days that includes physical training.
Secure
Electronic Repair Technician (Current Employee), Fort BraggFebruary 26, 2015
Secure, decent pay and incentives. A lot of time away from friends and family. It is not the life for everyone. It requires true dedication and commitment.
FSG Analyst - Produced EO (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GaFebruary 26, 2015
A great place to gain training in any field. Great benefits while continuing to gain experience in a profession. But the job is highly demanding and requires a dedication to a mission that some people are not prepared for.
Its the Army
Counterintelligence (Former Employee), Various locationsFebruary 26, 2015
Looking to boost your future and career options? Sign up for a specialty to launch a future career. Take advantage of school.
It was an eye opening experience. I learned certain values that i will carry with me for the rest of my life.
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZFebruary 26, 2015
My typical day at work began at 4am and ended at 5pm. Daily activities included physical fitness and afterwards i went to my daily classes. My superiors were very professional and knowledgeable. The hardest part of my job would have to be making sure everybody was actively engaged. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with different people coming from all walks of life.
Military Lifestyle
Senior Regional Project Manager (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSFebruary 26, 2015
The normal military lifestyle of exercise, discipline, leadership, results focused, hard work, individual and tream work, and combat training. Deployment to worldwide locations.
The US Army was my absolute fav!!!
Battalion Schools and Qualifications Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 26, 2015
I LOVED working in the Army! I was proud of what I did. Too bad they don't keep a closer eye on their commanders. Shame, I would have loved to go Army for life.
A great place to work
IT Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fort Knox, KYFebruary 26, 2015
The Army is what you make of it. If you want to work hard and be a team player then this is the place to be. You will see the world, meet new people and be challenged in ways you never thought possible.
Fun, strict, misleading at times, benefictial to self and family, stressful, a lot of time away from family.
Maintainer/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: the benefits are great along with many other privelages for your family
Cons: not much family time given, always on the go and leadership can be horribly orchestrated/depends on your unit.
A typical day at work is long and tiring but you'll feel accomplished after most business days. I have learned that work doesn't always go as planned so, at any given time be prepared to improvise and be flexible. Supervision and management can be a hit/miss. Depends on how motivated your supervisor is about the job. Hardest part of the job is not having much family time and personal time. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the comradery and friendship/brotherhood thats formed amongst each soldiers.
Diverse, Band of brothers
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits, lunch breaks
Cons: relocations (deployments, training situations)
A set work schedule with little to no change. Everyday is a new challenge, You work together as a team to accomplish every mission. Not a difficult job, just be there at the right place, at the right time, in the right uniform.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more