U.S. Army
22,017 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

about
Manager & Center Commander (Former Employee), Raliegh RecruitingMay 24, 2015
Pros: accountabilty
Cons: long hours
Over 17 years of service. Performed as a Senior Sergeant, An Army Recruiter, a First Sergeant Troop Level and then finally Tasking NCO.
army
Retrans sergeant (Former Employee), Harrison, ARMay 24, 2015
Pros: brotherhood
Cons: time away
love the army got out for family and to find a good job in my home town to and to enjoy life family and friends after 11 years away
US Army
Transportation Manager (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 24, 2015
During the service, I learned management skill, maintaining relationship, and co-operation. It was a good opportunity.
Hard work
Infantryman (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 24, 2015
Being part of a team, and knowing that the person next to you always will have your back, is the best feeling in the world. Knowing that only one percent of the united states join the military makes me happy that i joined.
Great Place
Mission Manager (Current Employee), Springfield, VAMay 24, 2015
Provides work experience and leadership training that are invaluable to a career. Sets the guidelines for what is required for advancement, which allows all members to know what is required to get promoted.
The Best Job for the first 20 years of life
Battalion Operations NCO (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXMay 24, 2015
Pros: World Traveler
Cons: Hurry up and wait
A typical Day at work for PVT-SPC consists of waking up at 0545, and being at PT by 0615. The day of work begins at 0900 and ends at 1700 hours.
A typical Day at work for CPT-CSM consists of waking up at 0430 in the morning, being at work by 0530 so you can review the work that you finished at 1900 hours the night before in preparation for the presentation at 0900.

What I learned from over 20 years of service is that all 7 of the Army values are to be practiced on a daily basis while in and out of the military.

Loyalty
Duty
Respect
Selfless Service
Honor
Integrity
Personal Courage
Excellent enviroments with benefits
Assistant Operations &Training Manager (Former Employee), Fort Richardson, AKMay 24, 2015
Pros: Full Benefits, Free Workouts and Work Challenge
Cons: Poor first line leadership
A typical day at work would be constant updates to keep the Battalion moving forward without hesitation and issues. Co-workers where spot on when challenging issues where upon us. Hardest part of this job would be leaving the family for an unknown amount of time.
very productive
Transmission System Operator-Maintainer (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GAMay 23, 2015
Pros: cheap healthcare
Cons: long hours
the army has great benefits. hardest part about work is PT everyday. I enjoyed my co-workers their. don't expect thing to be easy, the army will always challenge you.
Best Job I ever had
Infantryman 11B40 (Former Employee), Germany and various state side duty stationsMay 23, 2015
Pros: Every day learning
Cons: Civilian not really aspiring to be military soldiers
My experience while serving active duty was actually great. I had two great mentors who inspired me to advance as far as I did. I owe it all to those two great people. On the other hand while I served reserve time I ran into some very bad supervisor, not all mind, maybe two. A typical day for me was meeting and personnel accountability. I learned a tremendous amount about people and leadership. Management in the reserve where civilians attempting to run a military operation with a civilian mentality, coming right out of active service it took me a short while to make the adjustment and fit right in. I had great co-wokers who taught me a lot based on their active service tour. The hardest part of my job was feeling the bumbs and bruises of learning how to apply my leadership skills that acquired during my active service and expecting civilians to understand what I was doing.(Military thinking and Civilians action) that was a challenge in it self.
Protective and safe work enviroment.
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Richardson, AKMay 23, 2015
A typical work day would consist of doing morning workouts, followed by completeing daily taskings such as clean weapons, study tactics and prepare for any jobs that needed to get done next day. Learned to work as a team player and paid attention to detail.
A great career
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COMay 23, 2015
Pros: Team Work, Benefits, People
Cons: Deployments and Family Separation
The U.S. Army or any military sister service will provide you with a great career and great benefits. The only downside to the military is family separation.
work day
General Office Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSMay 23, 2015
Pros: Hour and a half for lunch
Cons: have to wake up early to go to physical training
wake up at 0500 to get to work for pt formation at 0630.
released from pt at 0730
report back to work at 0900
work in office creating files organizing and helpping others
released at 1130 to 1300 for lunch
do the same times from 1300 to 1700
Productive with a lot of opportunity to advance
Specialist (Former Employee), North CarolinaMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: A lot of yelling
6:30 a.m be in formation for physical training, at 9:00 a.m be at work, 5:00 pm you are released. You will travel, and get to meet lots of good people from every corner of the world.
Mission Oriented, family oriented with a no fail mentality
Program Manager (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Having a voice in such an important program that actually has an impact in every soldiers life.
Cons: Competing with other programs, not having a budget for the program
I am charged with the success of the resiliency program for 1.2K employees; ensuring that training is conducted monthly, training is inputted into the Digital Training Management System (DTMS), marketing is consistent with the overall goals of the program and events are advertised to get maximum participation, provide reports to senior leadership of the overall sucess of the program using specific metrics, and that the 30 resilliency trainers are providing quality instruction.

Since I took over the program I have learned to better manage data, improved my recruiting skills in identifying quality soldiers to become resilliency instructors, and my report with senior level leadership.

As the manager of the program I report to the commanders at the senior level positions, giving them information that gives insight as to what problems exist in the units and recommendations as to the solutions to those problems. Once the senior level management decides on which soloution to action, I implement that inot the unit and monitor it's succes based on specific metrics.

I work with the very best in the field of resiliency and together we collaborate through a variety of forums that allows for the very best solutions to be formed.

The hardest part of the job is finding time to brief senior level leadership. In a fast paced environment where there are several priorities that are considered equally important there has to be balance to ensure the success of each program.

The most enjoyable part of the job as the resilliency program manager is teaching young soldiers how to deal with adversity and seeing the "light bulb" come on as they begin to buy into the lessons and then apply them in their everyday lives.
Bulk Loading Specialist
Worker (Former Employee), Lakeville, NYMay 22, 2015
Responsibilities included; unloading bulk sugar (dry and liquid) from imported railcars and tank trailers, mixing products per customer specifications, loading bulk liquid and dry sugar products into tank trailers, forklift used daily to load/unload pallets of liquid/dry sugar, use of laboratory equipment to test quality and content of product, yard movement of 53’ box and liquid trailers.
Service Review
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COMay 22, 2015
Pros: Mentorship, Leadership, Brotherhodd
Cons: None
The 23 years of service have been the greatest experience of my life. I have traveled to over 10 different countries with the opportunity to experience and learn various cultures. I have met a multitude of great people throughout my career and remain in contact with many of them still today as friends and for professional advice. The greatest accomplishment of my career is two-fold. First is earning the rank of Senior Operations Manager after working for years in jobs with the responsibility level of a Senior Operations Manager. Second is the ability and drive I have been instilled with in helping and teaching others. It gives me great pleasure to help others to achieve their best and to resolve their problems and serve as the example of a leader for them to emulate. After my retirement in the next few months I will miss the team building and family environment we lived by.
demanding, rewarding and life changing!
Command Group Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMay 22, 2015
Every day was a new day. Learned lots of new things daily and enjoyed the people around me. Travel was a plus and the whole experience was amazing!
productive, learning work place
Aircraft Electrician (Current Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYMay 22, 2015
take care of patients necessities, attend different kind of activities for residents, provide as much care for residents, fun working environment, entertaining residents a number one priority.
Honored to Serve
Food Inspection Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 22, 2015
A typical day was to inspect the commissary to make sure all the standards were being met for the food prep and storage.

I learned about food inspection

Management was good

Co-workers were fun to work with

I didn't find this job hard at all

I liked being in charge of inspecting the fresh fruits and vegetables
Army
Army National Guard (Former Employee), Crossett, ARMay 22, 2015
Army was a great job. Your day could consist of a number of things when your in the army. Most of this will be training for combat.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries