U.S. Army
21,569 reviews

U.S. Army United States Employee Reviews

SIGNAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
SIGNAL SUPPORT 25U (Current Employee), CAMP HOVEY,ROKMay 3, 2015
BEING IN THE SIGNAL CORE ITS ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW TO LEARN. MY DAILY ROUTINE DIFFERS FROM DAY TO DAY. IM A COMMO REP FOR MY TROOP OF 120 SOLDIERS. MY DUTIES INCLUDE LOADING AND TESTING SINCGARS RADIOS,BFT2/JCR SYSTEMS,MOVEMENT TRACKING SYSTEMS,SUBMITTING REMEDY TICKETS,MAKING AND RUNNING CAT 5,INSTALLING PRINTERS.
THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IS BEING THE ONLY PERSON TO SUPPORT SUCHA LARGE AMOUNT OF SOLDIERS AT ONE TIME. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB IS THAT I HAVE LEARNED AND EXPANDED MYSELF IN WAYS I DIDNT THINK WAS POSSIBLE.
Either you will love it or you will hate it.
M1 Armor Crewman (Former Employee), VariousMay 2, 2015
The Army as an entity will take care of you and ensure that you are given the opportunity to make something of yourself. The individuals that are in charge at some organizations shouldn't be there, and that is the one downfall: your supervisor may be severely overqualified to do his job, and you will suffer.
Relaxed good environment to work in.
12N Horizontal Construction Engineer (Current Employee), Hurley, WIMay 2, 2015
everyday, show up, take orders and accomplish those orders in a fast safe manner. operate heavy construction equipment with minimum safety hazards.
Loved it
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSMay 2, 2015
Pros: Changed my life for better
Cons: would still be doing it if not for last NCOS
Loved my job, loved doing my job, lots of kinks in the chain on command, dirt poor leader ship at squad level, Enjoyed most of the time spent
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), McChord AFB, WAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: Being away from family
• Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers
• Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met
• Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs
• Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities
• Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans
• Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others
• Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
• Making Decisions and Solving Problems
I like
Hazardous Material Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSMay 2, 2015
I am proud to have worker for the US Army thank you for all the great things you have tought me. I have been in the army for 15 years and will miss it but it is time to leave and be more of a family man.
US Army Veteran
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Jackson, SCMay 2, 2015
Pros: got to see europe and procted our country
Cons: Basic training in 100 degrees weather
A typical day includes
Purchased inventoried items/ equipment, controlled mid/max levels, while maintaining accountability of inventory items, company vehicles, weapons and with a high security clearance in charge of arms room.
managing , and supervised 3-4 logistics personnel on day-to-day operations by showing loyalty, integrity, trust and being a team player.
Maintained supply and arms room, while following processes, policies, procedures of the Department of Defense.
Military
Petroleum Fuel Specialist-Military Police (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Honor and Duty
Cons: Family
I served in 2 branches of service. The Army was a great experience. There is no better place for team building skills. The Navy was by far the most enjoyable. Deployments were only 6 months and being able to visit other countries was educational.
Builds character and traveled the world
High Potential Rifleman (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 2, 2015
Pros: Travel the world
Cons: Away from family
I would provide security for the navy and instruct a course to foreign soldiers. I learned how to shoot really well. Management was a little micro managed. Made some life long friends. Post deployment was not very exciting. Teaching was so much fun.
Productive and very professional enviroment for growth
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAMay 1, 2015
Pros: stability
Cons: away from family
Very good enviroment to work in if you like working with people. I enjoyed myself every minute and loved the experince that i was able to capture while there.
Review
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COMay 1, 2015
I love lending a helping hand and helping others when needed. I'm really good at talking to people especially in rough situations. I love to work and be responsible for big tasks. I have no problem with stepping up or going out of my way to help someone else.
Honor, integrity, confidence, leadership
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Moundsville, WVMay 1, 2015
Pros: training, experience, pride
Cons: n/a
I had the chance to challenge myself both mentally and physically every single day. I learned to work with people from all walks of life, respect for diversity, appreciation for teamwork. I traveled, heard some of the most inspirational speakers. I participated in Special police teams, and was the suicide prevention officer for one of the largest US military installations. The confidence I gained and the knowledge are both things one can only get from a military experience.
Very unique setting and unique people to work with.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 1, 2015
Unforgettable time during my time stationed at Fort Campbell. I learned many things about my job, from replacing engines to transmission to simple service jobs.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Human Resources Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMay 1, 2015
Pros: medical and dental coverage
A fast paced environment where I enjoyed working with numerous individuals with different backgrounds. Supervised daily operations of the organizations decentralized and centralized promotions, legal, administrative actions, evaluations, awards and decorations, and finance actions. I really enjoyed working with the individuals that I encountered throughout the day and miss the camaraderie.
army life
Tactical vehicle mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMay 1, 2015
Pretty standard pt to start, everyday is a run day. 0900 work call with 12 noon lunch. All work all the time. 1700 close of business. standard army lif in between
Military Analyst
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 1, 2015
Served contract honorably and looking forward to the next chapter in my life. Obtained life-long skills, leadership, and discipline characteristics.
Closing
Property and Procurement Manager (Former Employee), JBL, WAMay 1, 2015
The Army is a valuable experience. It teaches you discipline and strong work ethic. The job of a logistician is not glamorous and the hours are long, but you gain valuable insight on the business processes of the DoD.
Great learning experience
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COMay 1, 2015
Pros: Experience, Bennifits
Cons: Schedule
Military service has permanently changed my life in many ways. I will always remain grateful for the experience I have gained and for the opportunity to lead soldiers as a Non Commissioned Officer in the U.S. Army.
Long hours, Fun, fast past, rewarding, demanding.
Squad Leader (Former Employee), LA, Germany, NyMay 1, 2015
Pros: Free meals, Housing, Payed vacations
Cons: Long and unpredictable hours. No one really cares how you feel
Being a infantry man in the US Army Is a mentally and physically challenging Job but can be very rewarding. I learned How to land navigate, operate and talk on radios, lead and control teams, operate mortar systems and mortar control systems.
Very Structured work place, chance to travel to different countries
Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee), TX, CO, GA, HI, Korea, Iraq and AfghanistanMay 1, 2015
Pros: Additional Pay for food and housing. Also very good Medical and Dental
Cons: Long work hours on occasions, deployment to hostile areas for up to 18 months at a time
I enjoyed my 20+ years of active duty, I was able to see several different countries, advancement opportunities were available and was able to take advantage of them.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries