U.S. Army
13,625 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Military life
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, WAApril 18, 2014
Pros: health benifits, dental benifits, paid leave paid travel
Cons: long unpredictable hours.
Being in the military is a career that rewards you based on what you put into it. If you work hard and put forth 100% effort at all times you will recieve advancement.
Great serving for the United States of America
Sergeant Cavalry Scout (Current Employee), Fort stewart, GeorgiaApril 18, 2014
Serving in the United States Army as a active duty member has been one of the best things that I could have ever done for myself, and my family. Typical work day starts off with Physical Fitness session for an hour. I have learned many things through out the 4 and a half years that I have been there. How to stay confident, lead your peers and be ready – more... for anything and very flexible. Hardest part that I can say would definitely being away from your family and being away for things that you have no control over. Most enjoyable part of duty was the brotherhood that you created with your peers, and leaders above you. Because no matter who you are when times are tough they are tough for everyone. – less
Very structured environment. No day was repetitive.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Hohenfels, GermanyApril 18, 2014
There was no typical day in the Army. A lot of things took you by surprise. Mass punishment was the worst part of the Military, because just like everywhere you have your troublemakers. Instead of the trouble maker getting punished, we all did.
Look for a job that I can progress in
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COApril 18, 2014
I am getting out of the Army 01 May 14 and relocating and going back to Scarborough Maine. I dont mind working long hours/ weekends/ or holidays. I am a people person and work well with others. Very organized and well groomed.
Exciting fast pace environment
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCApril 18, 2014
Pros: healthcare, diverse work environment, new educational opportunities, team work
Cons: moving duty locations frequently, being away from family for long periods of time
A typical day at work is receving and varifying all the material and makring sure the accountability matchs to the proper documents and than process them into the data base. I have learned how to work at a fast steady pace, as well as being a team player. I have picked up many skills and trades from my current job and have been keep up to date on education – more... opportunities dealing with my mos. I enjoy working around a diverse group of men and women it allows me to learn about new cultures and traditions. I take pride in working as a team player, helping each other out when needed, and learning from my boss and team members. – less
Excellent place to work
Research & Development SGM (Current Employee), Fort Eustis, VAApril 18, 2014
Pros: travel
My day involves many meetings and managing personnel for aircraft maintenance and testing. My coworkers are part of a solid team and work hard to get great results.The most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to travel and see new places.
Challenging Work environment, with self satisfaction
Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician (Former Employee), GermanyApril 18, 2014
I have learned many different skills while serving in the U.S. Army. I have learned how to manage personnel, time and resources. i also learned the ability to adapt to an always changing situation.
Hard work that can pay off
Special Operations Crew Chief (Former Employee), JBLM, WAApril 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: lots of time on the road
A typical day at work was 14 hours. Hardly worth the salary that was received in comparison to working 14 hour days in other careers. The army teaches loyalty, professionalism, discipline, and respect to top it off. Your co workers are your brothers. You live more time with them than with your personal family at home. The hardest part of the job was – more... always saying goodbye. The most enjoyable part was being able to make a difference in so many lives. whether it was your own through personal growth or the little boy at the airfield who "really wanted to see the helicopter", it was very enjoyable. – less
Fast-paced, unpredictable and productive work environment
25B Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), CONUS and OCONUSApril 17, 2014
Pros: travel, benefits, experience
Cons: time away from home and loved ones, mass punishment
A typical day at work consisted of physical training at 0630 to 0745. 0900 work call til 1700 or later. Management could change at any time along with expectations and policies. My co-workers were very friendly and hard-working for the most part. The hardest part of the job is standing in formation for extended periods of time. The most enjoyable part – more... of my job was the ability to travel and meet all types of new people and I enjoyed serving as an Information Technology Specialist.I learned extensively time management, discipline, organization, cleanliness, and keeping myself presentable at all times. – less
good advancement towards my future, excellent career choice for me to just have been graduating high school
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), schofield HIApril 17, 2014
Pros: amazing benifits
Cons: short time to be spent with loved ones
LONG DAYS, I MET INTERESTING PEOPLE, AND I LEARNED THE IMPORTANCE OF PAYING ATTENTION TO DETAILS
Life Changing Experience
Power Generation Technician (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAApril 17, 2014
Challenging but worth every minute of it . Learned lots of life lessons
Great training and experience
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 17, 2014
•Supervise and train, as well as ensure welfare, morale, discipline and development of at least three subordinate soldiers.
•Maintain combat readiness of various equipment and weapons systems valued in excess of $150,000.
•Supervise Law and Order operations and processing as a Desk Sergeant in a combat environment.
•Provide mounted, dismounted and flight – more... physical security for VIP’s in a combat environment. – less
Loving the lifestyle
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: good team members, treating each other life family
Cons: once a month visits
Its hard to give a Review for this because Being Reserve you dont really see much. But i love being apart of the army , from training to know i have seen a lot about life and having a good team on my side i love being apart of it.
Cook/Server
92G (Current Employee), Lacey, WAApril 17, 2014
a typical day was serving breakfast, and lunch. Co-workers were good to work with. The hardest part of the job was standing on your feet for over 10hrs a day.
very professional atmosphere
Field Artillery Cannon Crewmember (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYApril 17, 2014
had a fun time working for the us army it was laid back I did 2 tours in Afghanistan
Difficult Employer
EMERGENCY CARE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COApril 17, 2014
There is parts of the army that I love, others not so much. I did my four years with them as a combat medic and I learned a lot of very powerful things but none of the information at all was transferable to the civilian world due to budget restraints.,
Service Member
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYApril 17, 2014
Pros: working within a team
Cons: less personal time
“Infantryman,” covers a fairly broad category, encompassing several definitions, and a plethora of responsibilities. On a day to day basis having the ability to give and follow orders is a daily task, giving the experience to work with men and women. From working around schedules to planning out schedules for the week ahead, I was familiar with the – more... men around me. Able to keep track of things going on around me the goal was to know your team as well as individual members. I had to be direct with key tasks and able to be flexible and able to adapt to any change that could occur at a moments notice. Being in the Service gave me a better outlook on things as well as having the sound judgment of interpersonal skills. – less
Fun workplace.
cannon crew member (Former Employee), Killeen, TXApril 17, 2014
I did training course that transforms civilians into Soldiers. Over the course of ten weeks these recruits learn about the Seven Core Army Values, how to work together as a team and what it takes to succeed as a Soldier in the U.S. Army.
Travel the World!
Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VAApril 17, 2014
Pros: free living and food
Cons: long work hours
I loved being able to travel to other countries and meet new people. I met my husband in the Army! I would do it all again in a heart beat. Being in the military has given me a sense of pride I never felt before.
Just another day
Civil Affairs Non-Commissioned Officer (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COApril 17, 2014
Pros: commraderie
Cons: long hours
Most days as a Reservist, have a variety of tasks included from physical training to weapons maintenance and PowerPoint presentations.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more