U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 33,303 reviews matching the search
Amazing life experience and constructive lifestyle
Military Police Officer-Honorable Discharge (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot, ID 83221December 2, 2016
Loved being in the military. Gave me structure, and great opportunities to grow and become the person I am and to work with great people from all over the US.
Dept. of Army
Power Support Repairer (Current Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VADecember 2, 2016
It is not for everyone. You need to know it is a volunteer service so don't go in it if you don't love God and country.

I enjoyed be with so many different people. I learned self discipline and cherished the good moral values of the original design of the military.
Pros
Met many good people
Cons
changed to meet social needs not country needs
Great work envirnoment
Information Technology Specialist (25B) (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 2, 2016
Great. Fun loving people to work around. Great medical and dental benefit, saving plan is also great. Always wonder traveling location and things to do
Its what you make of it
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXDecember 2, 2016
The army was a great stepping stone to better myself and provide me with skills that will help me in my future career path. It can have its ups and downs. Days can be pointless and dull but at the end of it all I had great moments and memories. You will suffer at times, but that helped me when I got out to be more mentally and physically tough. One big negative that I did encounter was the personnel you may have. I tell people that two factors that can determine how well you will like the army is your duty station and unit personnel. My leadership started off well, but when it changed, so did the motivation. Still never regret my enlistment and thankful I joined
Protecting America and building bridges
Regional Trial Defense Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYDecember 2, 2016
I love being a part of The United States Army. It provides a stable life with guaranteed meaningful work experiences and a lifelong love of for growth and mission success.
life in the united states army
Infantryman (11B) (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GADecember 2, 2016
If you're looking for honest patriotic work, then the Military is the way to go. A typical day would consist of an hour and a half if physical fitness followed by a full day of various activities performed in order to maintain mission readiness.

I learned how to project myself in a manner which enabled subordinates to look towards me for mentorship and professional growth.

Management is diverse

being in the military opens you to people who come from all walks of life. you are going to have Very Close relationships with them so try to be polite and show you're genuinely concerned with their professional growth

the hardest part of the job is waking up in the middle of nowhere and finding the motivation to tackle the day professionally and tactfully

the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you and your buddies got the job done.
Pros
30 day paid vacation, benefits, free fitness facilities
Cons
long hours, family separation.
Proudly served
Troop First Sergeant (Senior Enlisted Adviser) (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCDecember 2, 2016
A great organization and a great opportunity to serve. The Army allows young men to grow, mature, and learn. Each organization and each leadership position provided its own challenges and rewards. The amount of leadership knowledge I gained is hard to express in words. As a Soldier one is expected to lead a element at (what could be considered) a young age. As with any job, there were great relationships, mere acquaintances, and not so favorable relationships. Regardless, all interactions were conducted in a professional manner. The hardest part of the job would definitely be separating from family and friends when duty called. The most enjoyable part of being in the military was most certainly being able to see several countries throughout the world.
Us Army
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 2, 2016
I enjoyed serving the United States in the U.S Army, I've learned a lot and became a well deciplined worker. There are a lint of on the job skill requirements needed to be in the army, infantry specifically. From picking weeds, to fixing, and driving, and restoring a $3 million vehicle or equipment.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Flexible schedules
Can be productive and rewarding but very little time with family.
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSDecember 2, 2016
Work starts at 530 AM and continues to at least 5 PM or later. I have had great soldiers working for me and with me. The hardest part of this job is the very long hours and the little time that I can spend with the family. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I can perform my job without issues.
Pros
Healthcare and Housing benefits
Cons
Very long hours with little family time.
Productive and easy going co workers
Chemical Equipment Repairer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXDecember 2, 2016
Lots of training
learned how to manuever through crouds
great leaders
group partnership
everyone likes their job
you get to improve at your job everyday
enjoyed traveling and seeing different places
Lead Baker (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 2, 2016
Work day started 0500 in the morning. Had to wake up early and exercise and then get ready for work. Typical day was 12-14 hours a day working. Great benefits and ability to advance.
Good place to work but you must be able to balance family and the military
Supply Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Fort HoodDecember 2, 2016
On regular day the commander will call me into his/her office. To tell the task that must be accomplished for the day. Ie property turn in, or the status of a flipl investigation.
Pros
Excellent Health Care
Cons
No Sleep
It was a wonderful experience I will never forget
Cannon Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXDecember 2, 2016
i maintained vehicles, learned different life saving skills. Ive learned how to be more independent and how to be a leader. My coworkers were great at helping getting the work done on time and in a professional manner. the hardest part of the job was the weeks and months away from family but it was well worth it in the end. i enjoyed the time ive spent with people from all around the world and learning different cultures and the bond that we still have with each other we will always be family.
Pros
great benefits and experience
Cons
sleepless nights at times
You get out what you put in
Platoon Leader (Current Employee) –  California Army National GuardDecember 2, 2016
Very rewarding if you are motivated to complete the job at hand. If you are unmotivated it is miserable. If you have thought it through I would highly suggest.
Soldier life
Supply Specialist (E-4) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 2, 2016
Quick paced, high energy and team environment. Lots of hard work, focus on physical training and building teams, particularly in times of conflict. Not recommended for everyone but many may find great value in a military career or experience such as ROTC. I enjoyed my service as it helped me with self motivation, self discipline, problem solving, quick thinking/decision making, diversity and crisis management.
Pros
Housing, food, recreation, development, health care.
Cons
Potential dangerous duty assignments and jobs
Great experience
Senior Human Resource Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXDecember 2, 2016
ability to travel and experience different cultures; learning experience in different fields of expertise; subjected to diversity in all areas and different states and countries
United States Army is a great experience
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXDecember 2, 2016
I learned many diverse ideas and methods while serving in the Army. It was a very interesting experience that I will always be proud of. Everyone should serve if given the chance.
Pros
Free health care
Cons
time away from family and friends for months at a time
I can not tell you anything more that you know about US Army.
Track Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXDecember 2, 2016
I can not tell you anything more that you know about US Army.
It was very good experiences and honor to be in US Army.
I learned how to be strong and how to appreciate things that everybody takes for granted.
Its a job
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCDecember 2, 2016
Operates all wheel vehicles and equipment over varied terrain and roadways for support of combat operations. Manages entrucking and detrucking of personnel being transported. Oversees and checks proper loading and unloading of cargo on vehicles and trailers. Secures cargo against inclement weather, pilferage, and damage. Operates vehicle component material handling equipment. Employs land navigation techniques. Knowledgeable with the operation of radios and weapons when they are mounted on the vehicle. Performs vehicle self-recovery and field expedients to include towing vehicles. Corrects or reports all vehicle deficiencies; supports mechanics where necessary. Prepares vehicle for movement/shipment by air, rail, or vessel.
Must have a sense of humor daily
Supervisor / Master Driver (Former Employee) –  Ft Hood, TXDecember 2, 2016
Typical day: Day starts at 0530, PT for an hour or so, shower, eat breakfast, get to work at 0900. Work your daily duties until 1700ish and go home. 5 days week average not including field time.
Pros
Benefits, friends
Cons
deployments, field time, training time