U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 30,130 reviews matching the search
A great oppurtunity for those willing to serve.
15Q - Air Traffic Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMay 25, 2016
I learned many skills that helped me become more proficient and reliable in physical aspects of the job and skills to become an efficient air traffic controller. My superiors helped me become a better person.
discpline
Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  geremanyMay 25, 2016
The authority here went to there head and they used there position to do things that was unfair and not with fair justice.
Pros
discpline
Cons
mis use of authority
Great overall experience with strong leadership
Human Intelligence Collector In-Training (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZMay 25, 2016
Clean barracks, nice facility where I would go to class. Liked the desert locale as well. Strong, firm management. Co-workers were great people for the most part.
Military
Calvary Scout (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMay 25, 2016
Typical military experience. Full range of opportunities. Decent pay as long as your active. Can move up and re-class if wanted.
well worth the while for the long run in the future!
Track Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ft. Carson, COMay 24, 2016
The more you kept your head in the books it made the advancement in rank that much easier, which equates into easier on the back but harder on the brain.
Great Experiences
Inventory and Property Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYMay 24, 2016
A typical day in the army would be waking up at 6:00am for exercising. Preparing for work until 9:30am and sitting in my office ordering supplies for my company, networking with other companies, and accounting for property.
High Speed
Chinook Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 24, 2016
The Army is an excellent place to get a foot hold in life. I loved it 100% I did get injured but made it home. Not for the mentally weak or the scared.
Pros
Comradery, benefits
Cons
N/A
It is the military. You sign up to serve.
13D AFATDS opperator/ TOC crew member (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 24, 2016
This is the military. It's a volunteer service. You make the best of your time in. It is also a great jumping point into college.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Challenge yourself mentally and physically
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIMay 24, 2016
It was tough experience but learned a lot from a follower to become better leader. Leadership is the key and working with comrades built rapports to enhance the experience exciting. It was a personal challenge that I took just to push myself beyond my comfort zone.
benefits
Cons
bad leadership
excellent
91 Bravo Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Devens, MAMay 24, 2016
The Army is a great opportunity for well rounded individuals who need to answer a calling in life. Their are no friends to be found here only family. You will learn qualities such as discipline and the Army values that will follow you your entire life. People will know when they look at you, that you are an United States service member.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Challenging
alot of hard times
enginner (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 24, 2016
the hardest job/life i could have . Missed out on alot of family time. i suffer from P.T.S.D. To much war . i still have flash backs!
Pros
retirement
Cons
made body hurts everyday
A new way of life and opportunities.
Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMay 24, 2016
The US Army gave me an overall chance to see what I could excwl in for my future. The opportunity to obtain my degree, maintain my physical fitness, open my eyes to security measures, and organizational structures. I was able to gain the necessary information to be an exceptional Supply NCO, to teach and train my soldiers to be the same.
Pros
Leading and Education options
Serve Your Country
Aviation Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMay 24, 2016
I can not speak for anyone else on joining the army. no one has the same experience. Join the world's greatest army and find out
For Country and Freedom
Soldier/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMay 24, 2016
The hours were sometimes too rough to work with but not rough enough to live free. Deployments were not always easy but a small price to pay for this Country, yes I will do it again!
Pros
Freedom
Army
25Q Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAMay 24, 2016
LOVED being in the army! would go back in a heartbeat if i could!!! Great environment. They take care of you and your family!
Great Place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Detrick, MDMay 24, 2016
I enjoy working for the US Army. It brings me joy. It is great to wake up each morning and enjoy going to work. I like working with the military.
Great Place to Gain Work Ethic and Discipline
Licensed Practical Nurse Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Various USA and Overseas AssignmentsMay 24, 2016
The military services is a great place gain a good work ethic and discipline. However, there is a lot of politics at play in the military and depending upon who you work for and what their personal bias are depicts the experience you will have in your present assignment. So there is a toss of the coin as to what you get. There is definitely racism and sexism reigning in the military, and if you happen to work for someone who is that then your time at that assignment may be very stressful and will hinder your ability to advance in rank. However, if you are under fair and just people they military is wonderful as long as you abide by the rules... be where you are supposed to be on time, in the proper uniform, and perform the best you can and you will advance through the ranks. The benefits are great, none like them in the civilian sector, medical, housing, schooling and paid on time.
Pros
Retirement paid in 20 years
Cons
Games small minded people play with your career
Challenging but meaningful profession
Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  JBLM, WAMay 24, 2016
I have nothing but good things to say about the Army. It is a noble profession that is highly rewarding. The Army can give you opportunities to grow as a leader and will provide you with life-long lessons that will help to shape your future.
U.S. Army
Network Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXMay 24, 2016
I enjoyed the time I served my country and am looking forward to transferring my skills to the civilian sector. I was able to get experiences in a highly stressful environment as well as a multi-cultural environment. I also had the honors to serve one of the greatest and most respected organization in the world.
Pros
Medical Benefits
A great experience
Evacuation Driver/ Aid Station Worker (Current Employee) –  VariousMay 24, 2016
10 to 12 hour days

NR EMT-B, CPR Certified, Suicide prevention trained

Various leadership styles that taught me what to do as a leader and some examples of what not to do.

4.4