U.S. Army
21,224 reviews

U.S. Army United States Employee Reviews

Highly motivated work place
Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKApril 17, 2015
Early mornings and sometimes late nights but a lot of motivated and skilled workers. I learned how to be on time and proficient in my tasks.
soldier's life
92A- Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), ft.campbell,kyApril 17, 2015
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: long days, work on holidays or weekends.getting yell at without saying anything
In the armed forces there's not life.there's favoritism,specially the higher ranks.no time to spent with family.it was really a expirienced for me.not recommend to anybody
A great experience
Chief of Intelligence (Former Employee), Osan Air Base, South KoreaApril 17, 2015
Pros: The reward of truly living your dream, and working with great leaders.
Cons: A few bad apples....as there is always those anywhere in life.
When I was a kid growing up in New York and Delaware, I either wanted to be a Police Officer, or serve in the US military.

I earned my degree in Criminal Justice, and was commissioned as an officer in the US Army via ROTC from the University of Delaware in 2002.

I traveled the world (Japan, Korea, Egypt, Australia, France, and Italy) because of the US Army, and that would not have been possible if not for the US Army. I completed a one year deployment in Iraq, where I served as a Intelligence Military Advisor and Trainer to Iraqi Army, Police and Government personnel.

I enjoyed many roles, assignments and duty stations while serving in the US Army for 11.5 years, but the greatest job I ever had was that of a Company Commander, in which I had the distinct opportunity to take care of my Soldiers and their family members.

I will always be grateful to the US Army and its great leaders who helped me to be a better man, and leader. A true honor to serve my country.
Great professional stepping stone and place to advance leadership and developmental skills
Medical Officer (Current Employee), Germany and United StatesApril 16, 2015
Took on what coworkers failed or refused to do leading to an extremely demanding work load, although I was able to keep up no issue, however not an effective way to work your personnel on a regular basis

Not proper career progression at times

Selfish and toxic leadership / not enough proper mentorship

Lazy subordinates

Insufficient and bad healthcare / dental

Not family oriented

Camaraderie and training were the high points

Traveling was exciting and seeing different cultures / exciting and interesting learning more in depth about our culture and the military culture

Learned to be multi faceted in all spectrums
The strength in Training
Ammo Team Chief (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COApril 16, 2015
A typical day at my unit consisted with physical training, weapon skills improvement, and leadership development. I would over see my subordinates to help improve marksmanship, mission readiness and oversee the maintenance procedures for squad vehicles.
Great Job
SECTION SGT OF ELECTRONIC MAINTENANCE SECTION (Current Employee), WAApril 16, 2015
Was great to serve a country in which I love so much. The feeling of doing something for someone else is priceless. Not about the money but about the service and sacrifices.
Productive work environment with many fun activities and advancemennt opportunities
Paralegal Noncommissioned Officer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: Salary plus monthly housing, food and clothing allowance
Cons: little to no notice for missions and unreasonable expectations
The Army is not a typical job so there's really no such thing as a typical day because there are so many things that could go wrong on any given day that could affect your schedule such as post shootings or high-profile court cases which are not really a factor in most normal jobs. Nevertheless, my normal day would consist of (depending on which side of justice I am on) whether its assisting the command to prosecute Soldiers who have violated the Uniformed Code of Justice to assisting Soldiers in finding loopholes in the Uniformed Code of Justice! lol As a Sergeant or above in rank, you are automatically tasks with management of junior Soldiers to include their work-related and personal issues. The army encourage a cohesive relationship with co-workers to achieve any tasks. The hardest part of the job is adjusting to the expectation of the unexpected, meaning you need to be prepared for anything at any given time to include being ready for anything without notice, however, it keeps you on your toes and readily report to undisclosed locations for given tasks, provide information, assist Soldiers, or whatever the mission requires without prior knowledge or training. The most enjoyable part of my job was traveling to different post for specific tasks and team building activities with co-workers. The privilege of being deployed to Afghanistan being exposed to living conditions of a third-world country gave a new appreciating for the things we as Americans take for granted. It change my whole perspective on life with gratefulness.
Rewarding
Sergeant, Squad Leader (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: Camaraderie
Cons: Free time
Hard, yet fulfilling job. Typical consisted of physical training in the morning, and the rest of the day would consist of various tasks, such as vehicle maintenance, tactical training, or admin tasks.
A by the book work place
Unmanned Aircraft System Operator (Current Employee), Ft. Benning, GaApril 16, 2015
have to be a work 15 minutes early so 6:15 work call where we do physical training for a hour and forty five minutes and then take a shower afterwards get breakfast and be at work by 8:45 and work until 5:00 with a hour an a half lunch break
Productive and fun place to work
US Army 92S (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 16, 2015
Many benefits within the job, built close relationships with people, and learned how to multitask and pay attention to detail
Exciting opportunities
Community Life NCO (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: Benefits and travel
Cons: Possible long hours
Provides young men and women with the ability to learn a profession with a great benefits package and educational opportunities.
FRG
Family Readiness Group Leader (Former Employee), fort stewart, gaApril 16, 2015
Being the Leader of the FRG was a great way to be involved with the families and soldier of the US Army. Being apart of what the soldiers daily lives entailed was a amazing experience.
Classroom environment teaching up to 32 soldiers per day
Signal support systems specialist (Current Employee), Ft. Gordon, GAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Set schedule
Cons: Short lunche breaks
Teach up to 32 soldiers per day in automations technology
Learned how to be much more patient with people
Management was very good at keeping instructors informed on changes
Co-workers helped each other and worked together well
Hardest part was teaching the same classes became repetitive
Most enjoyable part was teaching something new and seeing soldiers succeed in what I taught them
productive always moving
Cannon Crewmember (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSApril 16, 2015
Pros: salary based sometime long hours or sometime half days long lunches that are paid, Free benefits through tri-care
Cons: available on request
must love the outdoors and traveling, a lot of great people and knowledgeable. a typical work day would just be doing some things in the motorpool or doing classes, what ever the chain of command that day puts out, this is nothing like how basic training or AIT is its way easier.
Learn something new every day....
Construction Equipment Repairer (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAApril 16, 2015
Pros: You can never stop learning, strong career field
Cons: Working in "ALL" weather conditions...which builds character
In my past 7+ years as a diesel mechanic I have enjoyed the time I had in a rewarding career. No two days are the same and in the field of mechanics you develop and share new knowledge between you and your fellow mechanics which leads to a strong bond amongst each other.

"Team work makes the dream work"
excellent workplace
Behavioral Specialist,Equipment Repairer (Former Employee), missouriApril 16, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: hours worked at times
The long hours away from family with deployments was difficult, meeting a wide range of people made the job enjoyable and exciting. Deploying to a variety of places introduced one to different cultures, and the acceptance of choice between those cultures.
Working with Army
Attack Helicopter Pilot (Former Employee), AlabamaApril 16, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: No Cons
Working with Army was challenging and fun. I learned to make decisions and learned how to be a leader. I also learned aviation tactics and aviation planning.
Great experience
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Hood TexasApril 16, 2015
I was in charge of five soldiers, performed battle drills and marksmanship. Performed what ever task was sent to me with discipline and integrity.
hard but rewarding
Radioman (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYApril 16, 2015
Pros: we become well connected and learn a lot from the vast amounts of people we work with
Cons: theres an over abundance of leadership that can sometimes make plan "difficult"
a typical day at work starts in the morning, we do pt(physical training) for an hour and a half and then prepare for a full day of work. me being the the electronics team, we spend all day performing maintenance checks on all the sensitive electronics equipment such as the radios, the night vision goggles, the thermal sights, the vsat equipment, and the test operating systems. my coworkers are like a second family to me, we work effectively and quickly while learning a lot from each other such as strengths and weaknesses to help improve each other's abilities and strengthen our group. the hardest part of the day honestly is the start, early in the morning things seem slow but we move faster later on in the day an enjoy doing it. the most enjoyable part of it all is being able to work with the great people i have the pleasure of working with.
Army national guard
HUMAN RESOURCES (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 16, 2015
Excellent well rounded positions that fostered a sense of teamwork. Duty locations vary from areas within the United States. Positions are designed to increase responsibility progressively with each duty assignment.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries