U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 36,465 reviews matching the search
Their are better jobs available
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (91B) (Current Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAMarch 27, 2017
Through the army I've made many connections and met many wonderful people. It had many good and bad times. Serving my country was a honor and something I will always be proud of.
I never wanted to leave.
Apache Longbow Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMarch 26, 2017
The thing about life in the Army, especially for a Non Commissioned Officer is that you are always on. There is always a problem to solve, a soldier who needs you, or a mission to be met. Even with all of that, you will never find a career that brings you closer to your coworkers, teaches you more about yourself, or leaves you feeling quite so rewarded at the end of the day. If I could have never left, I would have stayed, likely for life.
Military Service
Section Chief (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 26, 2017
Best decision I made coming out of high School. Learned leadership skills, motivator, mentor, planning and troubleshooting skills. I was always challenged and went above and beyond duty of service. The workplace culture is a mixture of all races and ethnicity. Learn about teamwork and working with others. Enjoyed everything that I did in the military and adapt to different environment changes while in the military.
Pros
traveling, working with people
Amazing Culture
Battalion Intelligence Officer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 26, 2017
Best people I have ever worked with, but the job itself is, surprisingly, not that exciting or enjoyable the majority of the time. The culture can be arcane and obdurate at times, leading to frustration and inefficiencies.
productive
Health Care Specialist (E-4) (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMarch 26, 2017
Gives you the chance to experience the world and gain skills and ability ahead of your time. Very structure and linear, your everyday will be planned out ahead and mentorship is easy to come by
Excellent place to work
Division/Brigade Operations Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAMarch 26, 2017
On call 24/7, opportunity to get promoted, various culture and diversity, get to see the world, duty in great and hostile places, excellent benefits for employee and their family.
Pros
Room for promotion
Cons
unstable lifestyles
protectingour nation
Team Chief (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMarch 26, 2017
Typical day at work consist of repairing various types of military viechles. Learned how to become a supervisor and a team lead. Work with professional people from different backgrounds. The hardest part of the job was not having the funding to have the equipment ready for missions. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing we where protecting our nation.
Pros
meeting people from different cultures
Cons
lonf hours, and being away from family long periods of time
It is a well diversified job that opens doors for endless opportunity
Armorer (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYMarch 26, 2017
There is no typical day at work because things are constantly changing and it could be different every single say. There is no set task list every day so depending on what your supervisors want you could be doing something completely unrelated to your job.
Pros
The endless benefits
Cons
Not as much free time or flexibility as you'd like, to see friends and family. Also completely random hours.
More Than A career.
Targeting NCO (Current Employee) –  VariedMarch 26, 2017
Excellent culture it truly is a way of life. Everyday is different. The management is different where ever you go. But understand it is a force in Flux.
A life in the Army
Medic (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMarch 26, 2017
I spent 4 years on active duty. I enjoyed every minute of it. There were times that we worked 20 hours in a day. That was the hard part but the discipline and management word hand in hand. If I could have stayed in I would have retired. But my children were young for me to be away from long periods of time.
Pros
It makes you a very responsible person
Cons
no cons
Good Experience
COMBAT MEDIC (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXMarch 26, 2017
The army teaches you to be a self starter and to be reliable. I enjoyed my time in the Army. I made a lot of friends and got to see people that really needed our help.
Pros
Totallyt taken care of
Cons
Long days
Fast-paced exciting career.
Assistant Brigade S4 (Current Employee) –  JBLM, WAMarch 26, 2017
-a great organization which values a strong work ethic

-a unique place to work at, can travel throughout the world during peace and war time

-physical conditioning program included in profession
Pros
Travel, job satisfaction
Cons
Regimented
Embrace the Suck!
Automated Logistics Specialist-Ft (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COMarch 26, 2017
Long day and long nights away from family and friends on a constant basis. It is a physically demanding and mentally straining job. However in the end when you look back even during the bad times I don't believe I would have met some of the greatest people in the world if I never joined.
Pros
You will always get instructions on what you need to get done everyday.
Cons
You have to take orders from stupid people sometimes, and say roger.
It's a valuable site
Communications Security (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCMarch 26, 2017
It could be easier and more options on the indeed app. It's pretty basic as far as the application goes and it's very difficult sometimes as far as very little detail on the application.
Pros
Off on Federal holidays and great ben
Cons
You could work everyday
Infantry
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIMarch 25, 2017
Not for lazy people. Many chiefs and not enough workers. People feel entitled while having nothing to accomplish or show for such entitlement. good work.
Excellent Career choice
Signal Support Staff NCO (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSMarch 25, 2017
Excellent Career choice that teaches an individual disciple as well as basic and advance leadership skills. Strives on keeping individuals physically and mentally fit and instills team work.
Best time of my life
Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKMarch 25, 2017
We worked as a team or individual then felt like a big family. Team work was the best way to get a big job done. When the day was done i felt a feeling of great accomplishment. Sometimes working nights or 24 hr shifts were challenging, but helicopter flights was a rewarding part of the job.
US Army
Early Warning Systems Maintainer/Operator (Former Employee) –  USMarch 25, 2017
Too much politics for advancement. Leadership does not respond to challenging their stances regardless of why or how. Low pay for the type of work performed. Health care was good.
Pros
hour and a half lunch
Professional
Soldier in Training (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCMarch 25, 2017
I only got most of the way through Basic Training before I dislocated my soldier, but it was a good experience. It taught me a lot about teamwork and discipline.
good experience
Field artillery firefinder radar operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXMarch 25, 2017
good experience, takes a tole on tthe body. enjoy the many different type of people you work with. You quickly learn how to work with and adapt to the many different requirements of the Army.
Pros
job security
Cons
physically demanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4