U.S. Army
22,121 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Infantry
Security Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 29, 2015
Pros: govt assistance whole carrer
Cons: low income
infantry, Fun outgoing fast pace work force. I worked 24/7 on call and regular work schedule. it didn't matter if it was sunny or snow. we still trained on our weapon system and weapon tactics.
Great opportunity to grow
Indirect Fire Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Drum,NYMay 29, 2015
Pros: Get to learn so much
Cons: Can lead to some long deployments
In the beginning the Army can be a little intimidating but once you get through basic training its much like a regular job. You are well compensated not so much money but the food, clothing, benefits, and much more. You meet so many great people who would do almost anything for you including give their life. The hardest part was adapting. I would do it all over if had the chance!
Ok
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee), WorldwideMay 29, 2015
A good life experience that I would not feel comfortable recommending to my children or others in my community regardless of the situation
n/a
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSMay 29, 2015
The army was a very good job. I learned a lot of diff things. I had all types of diff co workers. I liked going to the range in the rain.
Oppertuntiy to serve your country
Senior Advisor / Operations Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort McPherson, GAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Everything about service to others
Cons: Wish I could have continued to serve
Always an adventure
Indispensable training
Life long skills in Leadership
Rewarding duty locations
Live the Military Values
Honor, Leadership and Discipline are proven
great place to get trained
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKMay 29, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: time lines change in a second
we would to pt in the moring and go to work and then have to adjust to different problems during the day and have to cordanate with other units for parts and time for other duties
I was blessed to have the opportunity to serve my country.
Cannon Crew Member (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COMay 29, 2015
When I was in the Army my day would start at 4:00am. Accountability was conducted by 5:00am then we would get our morning briefing. At 6:00am we would conduct physical training (PT) until 7:30am. After PT we were released to shower, change, and eat breakfast. The work day would start at 9:00am and end at 5:00pm if the mission of the day was completed along with all necessary tasks.

I learned time management skills, leadership skills, equipment maintenance, crew drills and responsibilities as an Artillerymen and as an Infantrymen, tactical driving skills, mounted and dismounted tactics and operations, how to maintain and operate the M119 M109 M198 and M777 Howitzer as well as all small arms and crew served weapons. I was able to become very efficient in planning and problem solving while on the move as well as team work and trust in my team.

My "co-workers" were my squad/section and my platoon/battery. A very divers bunch but we all had a deep respect for each other. Not all of them are alive today but I am very thankful that I was able to serve with such hi caliber personal.

The hardest part of the job were the 12 month deployments. Being in combat and away from your loved ones takes its tool on even the strongest of worriers but if I had to do it all over again I would not hesitate to jump at the opportunity.

To me the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing what we were able to accomplish once the mission or task is done and coming back home to the USA!!
Productive and warm enviroment
Staff Sargent (Current Employee), moMay 29, 2015
Worked very well with my military job. They were very cooperative with days that I needed off and always were willing to work with me.
worked at us army
section chief (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LAMay 29, 2015
in the U.S. Army, you're tasked with upholding the Constitution and protecting America's freedoms. But it's not always work — Soldiers have free time just like everyone else to spend with friends and family, or take part in sports or hobbies. Soldiers continually strengthen themselves mentally and physically through Ongoing Training. And most important — Soldiers live the Seven Core Army Values every day.
Great experince
Unmanned Aircraft Repairer (Current Employee), Sierra Vista, AZMay 29, 2015
Pros: The people, The skills
Cons: away from family
The Army grew me as a man and gave me experinces I would have never atained anywhere else. I gained skillls and qualities that will make me an asset to any company
learned respect, discipline,courage, and that i could do anything
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Ft Polk,LA , Ft Hood, TX, Ft Sill, OK, Korea,May 29, 2015
Pros: friendships built for life, memories, what it made me become
Cons: none
You wake up in the morning at go to pt. You exercise either your upper body or lower body. for a hour to two hours. then you go home get cleaned up, eat breakfast, and report to work. You worked with privates all the way up to generals on a daily basis. you were always learning something whether it was job related or task related or life related. you had each others back! The hardest part of your job was going to war or being away from your love ones if you were overseas. the most important if not enjoyable part of my job was to see my soldiers succeed in life. 3 most important things in any company is unity, moral, and pay.
growing opportunity
Acquisition Lead (Current Employee), Picatinny Arsenal, NJMay 29, 2015
diversity and large number of programs to work on. more emerging as technology evolves. new managers with new ideas and plenty of energy to make them a reality.
West Point Cadet
West Point Cadet (Army) (Former Employee), West Point, NYMay 29, 2015
Being a Cadet was a very challenging lifestyle. I was faced daily with a myriad of tasks logistical, clerical, and interpersonal in nature. I learned extensive leadership, computer, scheduling, and personal skills that helped me to become a hard-working, flexible, and adaptive individual capable of facing whatever task put before me. The hardest part of was the hours, for sometimes work could carry on into the early hours of the morning. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction felt from rising to and accomplishing various challenges.
What I did in the Army.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ft. Campbell, KyMay 29, 2015
I would wake up every morning at 0500 and lead anywhere between 9 to 20 soldiers in physical fitness. After our work out our day consisted of training with weapons, trucks and movements. I was deployed three times and seen combat in both Iraq and Afghanistan. I was responsible for safely training my Soldiers for the fight ahead of us. I learned how to be a Leader and to manage and supervise. I also learned how rules and safety work and how to apply it.
A new chalenge everyday
Construction Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 29, 2015
Non Commissioned Officer for 13 years in the most challenging experience of my life. Worked for subordinates in their development both professional and personal, but maintained respect and dedication of personnel though firm authority and mutual respect. Considered by seniors as one of the most effective leader and instructor through success of every assigned position.
worked as a team productive got the job done
patriot air defense (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: great benefits, family
Cons: long hours
Use to very long hours, taught not to quit, big on education, if one goes down we all go down, big team players, never leave without the job complete
J
Quartermaster Soldier (Current Employee), Granite City, ILMay 29, 2015
Good place to work. Instill great qualities. Produce great workers. Always busy and works multiple jobs at once. Other than hurry up an wait you will learn a lot of great skills.
Great Experience
Intelligence Analyst Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMay 29, 2015
While serving in the military I have experienced first-hand in creating accurate detailed intelligence analysis assessments, and producing multi-source intelligence products derived from intelligence data collection, evaluation, and interpretation.
It was my Duty and an Honor to serve my country!
Legal Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, Travel, Comradery
Cons: Away from family, long hours
The Army life is very challenging. Being in the Army allowed me to meet new people and travel around the world. However, the daily duties of the job and having a personal life posed a challenge. It was hard being away from my family all of the time and being moved around constantly. However, the rewards outweighed the cons.
consistently training
Hazmat Materials Specialist/Logistical Supervisor (Current Employee), Richardson, AKMay 29, 2015
Training on down time to improve areas of weakness, which improved work proformance, productivity and safety and environmental standards

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries