U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 32,184 reviews matching the search
Great life experience and will continue to be.
Cable Technician/Installer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 26, 2016
Great life experience and will continue to be. Supplied daily and life values. Met new people and went exciting places. Helped form literal guide lines.
Productive and Great Teachings
11B Infantryman (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 26, 2016
The United States Army provided many great life long lessons, to include moral obligations and a work ethic that rivals many of today's workforce. This institution instills discipline and not only time but cost effective ways to present and solve any problem placed before you.
fun
13F Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Probably the best job I have ever had, it was a amazing and rewarding experience. 10/10 would enlist again. This is filler.
Rewarding work environment
Platoon Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 26, 2016
Dedication required. Long hours expected, hard work put in is extremely rewarding as it allows you to see the ideas you implement take form and make changes in the organization.
fast paced and busy
Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk Naval Station, VASeptember 26, 2016
Being the Armed forces ( US NAVY) is stressful but somebody has to do it. I was proud to serve my country .The hardest part was being miles away from home and missing family.
The best decision of my life
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSSeptember 26, 2016
I don't regret the decision I made. Being in the Army was the best experience of my life. Loved being in the military. Served in the US Army for 20 years
Pros
Education
Cons
Deployments
The military is a great opportunity for single people
Personnel Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  All over America and stationed in Wurburg, GermanySeptember 26, 2016
I found the military a great place to work to meet many different people from various places around the globe. It was an exciting experience and the travel was awesome, as well. Great for singles because you don't have any pressures to do this and or that. You have the opportunity to go to school while serving and get involved in various other activities as well.
enjoyed serving my country
Aviation Apprenticeship Program (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 26, 2016
a typical work day would last 12 hours and i would learn a lot from fellow shipmates and my chain of command each and every day the hardest part of the job would be the absence of my family and loved ones which would be rewarded by the thought of me having the opportunity to serve my country
Retired Military so it was not a bad career
Senior Information Technology Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GASeptember 26, 2016
A typical day at work will consist of typical military stress. I have learned more management skills while dealing with both military and civilian personnel. My co-workers work hand and hand daily to accomplish each task at hand. The hardest part of my job are restrictions put on me to do my job as a System/Network admin. The most enjoyable part of the job is that my personnel and I have learned a new trouble shooting technique.
Pros
Contiguous ability to learn and grow in the Information Technology Field
Cons
The restrictions put on us as Soldiers (former) while working on the Network
Tank mechanic
Tank Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSSeptember 26, 2016
The was very fun with a great work hours. I learned allot and did many great and fantastic things on a daily basis. As long as you can handle authority it a great job.
Pros
Great trade
Cons
Staying clean
Excellent branch to serve in
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 26, 2016
the army as an infantrymen is outstanding... you wakeup early, start working out, for a minimum of an hour and a half.. then training maintaining and refining infantry combat operations.. while in combat the day varies as with the mission...
Pros
solid job, good pay, outstanding brotherhood..
Cons
starting out at the bottom of the totem pole
Fair but impartial
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 26, 2016
US Army is a great career for personel who desire a different experience. I fufilled my time in service had grwat adventures learned mamy skils amx assets to prepare me for my next chosen path outside this career and will use the tools i learn into amu career i choose
Fast Paced, engaging, team building environment
HEALTHCARE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HISeptember 26, 2016
My typical day at work consists of screening, triaging, and treating 30-40 patients, answering phones, preparing and presenting reports, providing lab results to patients. I think the most enjoyable part of my day is the team I work with. Everyone has the patient in mind at all times, and we work together to accomplish every task we are given. The hardest part of the job would be the varying types of concerns we deal with. In the Army, I have seen a lot of different types of ailments, including physical and mental. This has also provided a great learning experience for me.
Pros
Health Benefits/pay
Cons
Not a conducive to becoming an R.N.
Love it. I have done and seen things that the average person will never get to see or do.
Chemical Opeations NCO (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Highly recommend this organization. I have traveled to many countries and met so many different people.
The work is all about learning and training to improve skills in oder to be an efficient Soldier and leader.
Pros
Being away from family
Cons
Lots of learning opportunities
Best Career and lifestyle
Infantry Soldier (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2016
Since I've join the Army it has changed my life and the life of my family. Very proud to be military and get a lot of support.
Great Experience
15T Aircraft Mechanic/Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Virginia, Germany, and JapanSeptember 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time in the military. I was fortunate to have had an amazing opportunity to serve my country. The military is great place to start adulthood because it teaches you responsibility, commitment and much more. You can see it in its core values. The military can give you the opportunity to see the world and experience the different cultures.
Pros
Travel, Diversity, Training, and Benefits
Cons
being away from family
Good to start.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, WASeptember 25, 2016
I found the Army as a good way to start and once I matured and grew after four deployments I decided I did not need it anymore, regardless of how good the pay and long term benefits were. I didn't the lack of respect from management and the unprofessional ways of a lot of the leadership I was around.
Pros
Good pay, Benefits
Cons
Long hours, weekends, over seas.
Productive workplace.
Military Police (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 25, 2016
My co-workers were great people to work with. Management was constantly unorganized with the tasks they had us do. Once we clocked in, there was never a specific time of when we got off of work. For example, my very first week working here I worked from 6am to 6pm. Then I eventually worked a week where I only worked 3-4 hours a day, for a week; and we got paid every week.The tasks, however was usually very easy to complete.
Pros
Paid every week.
Cons
Hours were very unstable.
Great Training
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GASeptember 25, 2016
Long days of had training to turn the weak into the strong and the rambunctious into disciplined soldiers. Would do again.
Pros
free food, lodging, and a personal trainer
Cons
No sleep
Infantryman
Infantryman/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSSeptember 25, 2016
I managed to perfectly balance work and life in the Army, even with deployments. Compensation is good compared to the work actually done, although I have had to sacrifice, missing time with my wife and child away in a third world country for months at a time. Benefits while you're in are great if you use them, and you get to keep some when you get out or retire. Job security has got to be one of the best there is as long as you never get yourself in deep trouble. Advancement in my line of work is cake if you can stand out above 75% of your platoon. Management was horrible at times in my opinion, sole reason for leaving something good. Job culture, best job I ever had.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Being away