U.S. Army
15,461 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Sumter, South CarolinaJuly 23, 2014
I have been in the United States Army for ten years, and I have loved every bit of it. The Army has helped transform me into the individual that I am today.
Chances given when you have zero experience
Intelligence Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYJuly 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, opporunity, family oriented, time off
Cons: constant moving
Typical day at work while not deployed was relatively easy and close to stress free. You are able to go home everyday to your family or friends. I learned a lot of experience about being an Intelligence Analyst and would likely not have been given this opportunity, without a degree, and enjoyed every moment. My most enjoyable part of the this job was – more... being deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan and feel like I was actually being an Analyst and having an impact on protecting the United States. – less
Great Entry Level Opportunities!
Assistant Support Operations Officer (Current Employee), USAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: health insurance, benefits
Cons: pay, being the army
Great for young people to try out! Start with a short commitment and if you like it, keep on doing it. If not, stay out of trouble and get out. It will only open doors!
Life learning experience
Airborne Infantryman (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJuly 23, 2014
During my 5 years in the Army I learned a lot about myself and my abilities. I learned how to work with a team, follow directions from supervisors and also to work alone using initiative and common sense. The hardest part was years away from home. The most enjoyable would be the strong friendships and life lessons.
Hooah!
Non-Commissioned Office in Charge (Former Employee), TexasJuly 23, 2014
Pros: the experience
Cons: you could die
I love the Army! I learned a lot about how to lead and how to play a mans game. You will also make the best friends of your life and if wanted be able to see the world.
Very Active yet challenginging place to work.
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 23, 2014
I love being a United States soldier. It teaches leadership, discipline and responsibility.
Nothing is typical in the military
Soldier (Former Employee), GlobalJuly 23, 2014
The environment in the military is constantly changing, so it's likely very different now.
Busy and Productive Day
Senior Property Accounting Manager (Former Employee), McChord AFB, WAJuly 23, 2014
There was always a challenge everyday. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and meeting new people. The best part of the job was experiencing and learning new things.
Demanding Career with progressive work envirionment
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee), Ft. Drum, NYJuly 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, education, physical fitness, steady pay
Cons: long hours, weeks of field training
Taught me alot, Gave me a backbone and the skills and education I need to suceed.
great
sergeant (Former Employee), usaJuly 23, 2014
Most enjoyable job had a great time working and defending this country
Always on the mission and finishing the mission as directed/
E-5 SGT USA (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 23, 2014
Pros: paid vacations
Cons: always working no overtime...
My typical day at work would be carrying out the special missions I've had in Iraq and Afghanistan. Many variable missions anything from room clearing, search for high value targets, protecting the innocent on the battle field and other missions within the US Army. The hardest part of my job is being away from family and staying alive to come home and – more... see them. The most enjoyable part of my job would be that I've served my country well and proud of it. – less
Fast pace and Hard work
Combat Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 23, 2014
Not for the faint of heart. Could be called in to work at any time of the week. Different hours each day. Long periods of time spent in the field conducting training.
Challenging Yet Rewarding
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee), JBLM, WAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunity to learn various fields of study, great benefits, steady pay, pride
Cons: long days, hard work, not always doing your specific job, high stress, family separation
My review of my experience in the US Army is best explained in person. I don't think that written words on an online database could give true credit to the US Army. Though I will say that there are many days that pass by where you just want to give up, yet you keep going. Then there are some days that are quite possible the most memorable in your life. – more... You meet people from all around the globe which is a unique experience and can be pretty interesting. The co-workers are more like your extended family, so that is definitely a plus. See my resume for some of the things that I have learned through the military. The most enjoyable part was definitely my deployment to Afghanistan and giving people the opportunity to see their loved ones again. The most challenging part is some of the silliness and redundancies of the organization as a whole. People who've been in my shoes know exactly what I am talking about. – less
great job
Squad Leader (Former Employee), Ft. Carson,CoJuly 23, 2014
Communications
I learned determination
I loved my squad
I was a squad leader
the hardest part was to punish my squad
Productive workplace every hour of the day
Logistics Team Leader (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: get learning experience
Cons: no co-workers most of the time
Beginning of the day I check the appointment book and make sure my work area is clean. Everyday was a busy day and every appointment that made it on time was dealt with in a professional manner. For a long while i didn't have co-workers so I was left to work alone most of time. My higher ups relied on me very much in my section and to make sure customers – more... were being taken care of throughout the day. Hardest part of my job was getting my pallets ready a day before our weekly appointments with the retrograde warehouse. This required me to wrap the pallets, load them up onto our truck, and make sure all the paperwork was done correctly so we had no problems once we left the next morning. I enjoyed my job very much just because I felt very important to our daily routine. – less
GREAT JOB
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Richardson, AKJuly 23, 2014
Not to say but it was a grat experiance! Learn alot about different cultures. Also learn alot about myself great life changing events that came my way what change anything about my journey!
Compenstation/Benefits
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 23, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: missed out on alot of family time and events.
o Processing Paperwork for Suborndinates and mantaining assign equipment and manageing personell/ Soldiers.

o How to wear many different hats.

o My coworkers were awesome.

o Being away from family.

o Learning something new everyday.
Nothing else like it.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: a comradery that must be lived to be understood.
Cons: common sense was lacking from time to time.
I never had a boring day in the army; and knowing how it all turns out I would do it all over again.
Good Co-workers with Good management
Building Manager (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good work and co-workers
Cons: long days
A typical day in Building management consists of repairing the building where needed, coordinating with the government contractors to have more technical requests accomplished. Managing three personnel. Coordinating the set-up and break-down of cerimonies.
typical day
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 23, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: downsizing
day consist of 12-14-16 hours i learned CPR, casualty care, discipline,

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more