U.S. Army
15,587 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

strict and physical
Infantryman (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 29, 2014
Busy, learned to be team oriented and self disciplined. Hardest part of the job was waking up early. I liked training and being fit he most.
Great Experience
Senior Team Leader (Current Employee), Ft Lewis, Wa; Rose Barracks, GE; Ft Campbell, KYJuly 29, 2014
Meet new people, explore the world and gain knowledge and experience that you never dreamed of.
Productive, challenging, disciplined
Ammuntion Handler (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKJuly 29, 2014
The Army is a great opportunity for anyone, serving the country was a great privilege. Day to day routine was all about time management, attention to detail. I have learned incredible life lessons through the army that I wish to bring to the next chapter of my life.
Good benefits
Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJuly 29, 2014
The benefits are great and it is a stable career. Pick your MOS wisely as it will hinder or improve your chances of advancement. If you do not plan to retire make sure you pick an MOS that directly translates to a civilian job.
Incredible and rewarding experience
Captain, Assistant Systems Manager (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKJuly 29, 2014
Pros: everything
Leadership driven, dynamic, focus on training and expertise. Cooperative work environment dedicated to critical needs.
My experience in the military.
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, opportunities
Cons: family separation, hazardous duty
There are many things that I both liked and disliked about the Army.
Much of the training and knowledge that you obtain as a soldier is, in my opinion, crucial to basic survival.
The Army is not always the most organized function in the world, however, when leaders and soldiers come together and do their part, any task can be completely quickly and – more... efficiently. The hardest part about my job was separation from family members, however, I knew prior to serving that was going to be a sacrifice I'd have to make. – less
Waiting on the word.
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 29, 2014
Pros: concistant pay check, benefits, days off.
Cons: being talked down, 24hr shifts, early mornings, lots of standing around for no reason.
The Army is what you make of it. A lot like high school. Make friends, study your Joe notes and you'll do great.
It was great for me
Infantryman, Explosives Dog Handler (Former Employee), U.S ArmyJuly 29, 2014
Pros: oppertunity
Cons: being away from the family
For me the U.S. Army was a great experience. I had the opportunity to do and go places that I would never have had. The best part was the people that I meet. I still call my brothers and sisters till this day and will always.
Adventerous
Food operations manager (Former Employee), Fort CarsonJuly 29, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: disrespect
A typical day at work would be interacting with Soldiers and teaching honor, integrity, and loyalty.
Everyday was a learning experience, not just in job skills but learning crossing training skills.
I've been in a leadership position for 15 years and management for 10 years.
The hardest part of being a soldier was keeping discipline and order for different – more... ethnic groups.
The best part of my job was traveling to different country's and providing help when needed. – less
Good job. Makes a good man better.
Fire team leader (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KyJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: the people and places you work arent always the best.
Good job. Makes a good man better. However not everyone can do it. If you have a strong heart and a stronger body then you'll go far in whatever career field you choose.
excellent experience
military police (Former Employee), multiple bases of residencyJuly 29, 2014
Pros: hands on training, life experiences
Cons: incomming morter rounds often
US Army gave me the discipline needed to succeed in a competitive workforce
Glad I did it, but it's not a life for everyone.
Fire support specialist (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 29, 2014
I met great people, and learned both my physical and metal limits.
Enjoyed the Aircrafts
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 29, 2014
Pros: ordering the aircraft parts. and seeing how they hold the aircraft together.
Cons: having to stay late.
A typical day at work, consist of being a U.S. Army Solider . I had to be at formation in the morning of 05:30 hours. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, we had to stay in shape by doing various exercises. And the following were: push ups, sit ups and running. On Tuesday and Thursday, exercise was not required of us. Monday thru Friday, we had to be in – more... the second formation at 09:00 hours. And after formation, I attended to my job duties as a Logistics Clerk. I ordered aircraft parts for the unit. My work place was at an aircraft hanger. What I learned from management and co-workers was how to work with the soliders who needed aircraft parts. The hardest part of the job was having to stay very late at times. And the most enjoyable part of the job was watching the aircrafts land and take off, into the skies. For the sky is the limit! – less
Productive workplace with constant work and always room for improvement.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 29, 2014
I loved being in the military. It was easily the high point of my life and an experience i will never forget. The job, the people i worked with, and having the honor and privilege to wear the uniform and serve my country proudly.
Productive and Great Experiences
Operation Manager (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 29, 2014
The United States Army is a great way to visit the world and meet other people to learn different cultures. A typical day at work would consist of Physical Training and learning something new each and everday.
Logistician
Transportation and Operation Manager (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COJuly 29, 2014
The privilege to serve my country has been an honor. Being able to be part of a team as strong as the United States Army has instilled values that can not be found in any other organization.
very educational and fun at the same time.
Professinal Soldier (Former Employee), InternationalJuly 29, 2014
This is an opportunity from all young men and women to grow beyond their belief.
Great position and great people
Electronics Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Monmouth, NJJuly 29, 2014
Pros: short commute
Cons: n/a
This job was a great experience. Great people to work with and wonderful opportunities. I lived on the based so my commute was essentially a walk. I learned a lot about acquisition and testing from my team mates and management. The hardest part was leaving and the most enjoyable part was working with such great people on interesting systems.
job experiance
Interpreter/ Translator/ IT Assistant (Former Employee), Herat, AfghanistanJuly 28, 2014
during my employment with the U.S army as a interpreter I have learned and experienced different things, and hard situation while I was going mission with my team, such as, the situation of my poor homeland people in Afghanistan, and interpreting local languages English American , it was awesome I really enjoyed my job with U.S advisors.
Tough but Awesome
Military Police (Former Employee), FT Leonardwood , MOJuly 28, 2014
It is tough
It is awesome
Would go back if I could
Benefits are awesome

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more