U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 34,282 reviews matching the search
Outstanding you should join if you can.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJanuary 18, 2017
I love the Army and if not for unavoidable consciences would still be there. I received the training to better my life, and wish I could go back.
Great place to grow and learn
Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  All around the worldJanuary 18, 2017
The Army provides young men and women the chance to learn a skill and use that for daily tasks. They will ensure each individual is ready for more responsibility and give them the tools to be successful.
Horrible work environment
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Odenton, MDJanuary 18, 2017
The worst part about this is job is the people.
The management doesn't care about training you to be a great auditor because they are afraid.
Pros
telework
Cons
have to beg to teletwork
job and friends were great
Stryker Systems Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Rose Barracks, GermanyJanuary 18, 2017
Awesome job and experience horrible leadership constant backstabbing leadership only cared about themselves and didn't make any effort to help lower enlisted
Pros
Benefits, Job Stability
Cons
Chain Of Command
The US Army is a grat institution to work with individuals of all backgrounds.
8th Personnel Center Sergeant Major (Former Employee) –  I seved in Hawaii from 1995 to 2009January 17, 2017
The US Army allowed me to grow from a junior Soldier to the senior ranks capable to train, lead, mentor, and train Soldiers for deployments into combat zones.
Outstanding team building opportunities
Company First Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 17, 2017
The military provide several opportunities to develop leadership and management skills, Individuals were able to defines inner strengths and weaknesses and given tools to improve.
Pros
travel opportunities
Cons
Military deployments
Fast paced and a diversified workplace
Operator, Camp Stanley, South Korea (Current Employee) –  Camp Stanley, Republic of KoreaJanuary 17, 2017
must learn to adapt and conform to an ever changing work place and mingle well with cultures from around the world. Traveling around the world meeting interesting people and forming some unlikely frienships
Pros
education, time off, physical training, ability to learn multiple skill sets
Cons
deployments, time away from family
small animal practice on post for the military
Veterinary Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  APO Bad Kreunach GermanyJanuary 17, 2017
being overseas the veterinarian was not only responsible for treatment of the military police dogs, the pets of the soldiers that were stationed there he was also responsible for overseeing the inspection of the food-he was vital part of the USDA inspection team.

there were times when we could go months without seeing any patients due to the fact the vet team was either deployed of conducting field inspections

there were times we would set up "Clinic" in a remote area and families would travel a great distance to see the dr. very different from how things are conducted in the states
Pros
was able to treat at the time the 2 star General Cassey's cat
Cons
the base was closing, had to return to the states
Army
Specialist (Current Employee) –  NCJanuary 17, 2017
The Army was a great stepping stone for me to launch from. I learned priceless skills that will make me a valuable employee anywhere I go. I would recommend someone without direction join and find their purpose.
It was alright.
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJanuary 17, 2017
Has its ups and downs, it's not for everyone. You'll grow a lot and the benefits are nice, but deployments are hard and put a strain. Not to mention you won't get paid much.
Great place, great experience.
Platton Sergeant / Operartions NCOIC (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Work as a Team
Help and assist Soldiers on a daily basis.
Worked with Soldiers on a regular basis helping them with any issues and concerns they may have.
I gained much experience and a greater sense of professionalism working for the U.S. Army
Airborne Infantryman/ Weapons Squad Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 17, 2017
I went through rigorous training events including combat night operations, tactical employment, maneuvering, offensive and defensive strategies, developed a warrior mindset, and Airborne operations.
Miss it.
Unit Supply Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Loved the army and still do just had to do what was right and step aside. great career just still have other things i want to do with my life.
Pros
people. holidays. benefits. pay.
Cons
sometimes very physical. sometimes leadership was bad.
Profesional and Determination
HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Bamberg GermnayJanuary 17, 2017
Working in the Military it is a professional environment and each person in determined to continue to grow as a person and grow within the ranks of the military
Pros
Great learning experience
Active Employment
Lead Custodial (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALJanuary 17, 2017
Cleaning several buildings for thousands of government employees were challenging but became effortless. Enjoyed working with co-workers and assisting them with whatever needed. Several employees, including myself, were eventually laid off.
Hurry up and wait!
Flight Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hunter Army Airfield, GAJanuary 17, 2017
The Active Army is a great Career. It has so much room for growth and improvement in job field. There will always be bad leaders no matter what job you have, but the Army tries it's best to weed out the toxic leaders.
Demading
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Must be dedicated and willing to sacrifice time and efforts for the groups overall goal. Requires the ability to work in several positions with numerous supervisors.
Pros
Team building environment
Cons
limited home time
Great Life changing expierence
NonCommission Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 17, 2017
Constant training, I have learned main life saving skills and what it means to be a team player. Extra long hours sometimes played a difficult role.
A typical Day at the motorpool
Active Duty (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 17, 2017
A typical Day at the Motorpool we conduct command maintenance on all vehicles to make sure they are Fully Mission Capable till Lunch Time and if any vehicles were not completed before lunch they are taken care of after lunch and after lunch we sit around the motor pool chit chatting until either the work day is over or they find something for us to do this always irritated me cause I don't like to waste time sitting around doing nothing I like to do something physically laboring from either pulling weeds, carrying items,sweating from working on vehicles like helping fix them or sweeping the entire motor pool from back gate to the Bay where we keep vehicles that need to be fixed.
Pros
Close to Barracks, great group of people, close to the beach
Cons
Poor quality of food, Lazy days, nothing to do half the time, snotty SNCO's and CO's
Great experience working with different countries
Instructor/Writer Developer (Current Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCJanuary 17, 2017
I supervised five other personnel and sometimes stepped in as the Supervisor. Multi-tasking was something you had to learn. Major responsibility was accountability.
Pros
Travelling to different countries
Cons
Didn't get a lot of holidays off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4