U.S. Army Employee Reviews for Infantryman

Found 1,648 reviews matching the search
Very professional and fast-paced workplace
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSSeptember 17, 2017
The United States Army isn't a place for the weak or faint-hearted. This job requires men who are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice in order to best serve and meet the requirements for their Nation (United States) in a moments notice. You need to be able to and be willing to work with a team in order to accomplish the organizations mission in an effective and timely manner. As our battalion commander always said - second place is a body bag, hoah!
Pros
A brotherhood like none other
Cons
Time away from family often ocurs
The military was amazing
INFANTRYMAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Everything is amazing about being the military. I loved every minute I was active duty. One of the greatest parts was the friend that I made, there are so many different cultures and attitudes that join and the way we all connect is amazing.
Pros
Friends and support
Cons
nothing
It isn't for everyone.
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 16, 2017
My title sums it up well, I think. The Army simply isn't for everyone. It's hard life, filled with long days and even usually tedious tasks that can wear on you.
Pros
Payment and benefits
N/a
E-4 11B, Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GASeptember 15, 2017
Everything about the military is good. You get tons of experience and lots of training for your future. Free schooling afterwards. And much much more.
great
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYSeptember 15, 2017
great experience, get to travel, meet wonderful people and create best friends through out your career and learn and train with your partners to make sure we all come back home safe.
Pros
the people
Cons
missing family
Being a part of something bigger than yourself
Sergeant E-5, Infantry (11B) (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYSeptember 15, 2017
If you weren't at the gun range, doing PT (physical fitness training), or attending a change of command ceremony, then you were probably doing a layout of equipment. The last in that list was certainly the least favorite part of that job. I learned that I enjoyed belonging to a cause that was involved in something bigger than myself. The culture is great if the management is great, and for me it usually was. Hardest part of the job is usually being located away from home/family.
still need to work
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 14, 2017
When your End Time of Service is almost up (6 months less to ETS) the army still wants you to train instead of doing the transition to civilian. this makes the soldier go crazy because it gets hard for them to secure a civilian job in a short period of time.
Leader
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 14, 2017
Typical day at work back then was PT at 0630hrs, , work formation at 0900hrs., Depending on the training schedule is what we would conduct for that week/month. I really enjoyed my military career, most exciting time was when I graduated Ranger school. I had many great memories while in the Army.
Pros
Comradre
Cons
Moving from post to post, loosing freinds.
Working close to people that become family.
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYSeptember 14, 2017
When I joined you eventually grow close to those you work with. It is not the easiest job with all the training, exercise (physically and mentally), not being home much (at company, the field or overseas).
Pros
Benefits, Stable job, Experience you will not get anywhere else, Paid leave.
Cons
Not being home much, Hard work
Infantry
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  GASeptember 13, 2017
You're seriously reading a review on serving in the army? Everyone has different experiences and opinions. Form your own and serve. Rise to the challenge. In my life i have met more people who regretted not serving than those who regretted serving.
Army sucked
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I wouldn't recommend joining to anyone it's stressful kids get away with anything now a days the military is just too soft for anyone to want to be apart of
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Time
Better for building family.
Infantry (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COSeptember 13, 2017
Hardship and dedication must give to the organization. You would report five days in a week from 7;00 am to 17:00 pm. You will learn soldiering skills, manage time and camaraderie. The health care is provided. The hardest part is when you got deployed.
Pros
Free meals
Great learning expierience
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GASeptember 12, 2017
It is a hard job to adjust to. Typical day is pt in the morning and a bunch of tasks throughout the day. I learned communication and how to lead. The culture is fast paced cut throat place. Hardest part is the physical aspect. Most enjoyable was going out training and having fun.
army
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 11, 2017
i enlisted, i served, i got out i carried on with my life. Did nothing for me in real world because its seriously hard to find a job that doesn't think all i know is how to shoot guns.
Tax Dollars at Work
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GASeptember 11, 2017
The majority of my coworkers had nothing to do but go to their barracks rooms and play videogames all day. Very rarely was anything resembling work actually done, and yet they received payment for sitting on their hands and gossiping all day.
America the Great!
Infantryman (Sergeant) (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 11, 2017
The military provides so much stability for a family and provides some of the best benefits. You are welcomed into an amazing brotherhood that lasts a lifetime. I am getting my college degree on the military's dime, it is well worth it.
Army
Infantry Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KY and FT Bliss TXSeptember 9, 2017
Don't do any stupid and you'll go far. Be good at Physical Fitness and know your job. Youll wake up early and go to bed late at times.
Listen to your leader.
Benefits
I enjoyed the Army.
Captain / Infantry (Former Employee) –  VariedSeptember 9, 2017
My service period was years ago and I suspect things have changed dramatically and I know our current service members are strained by an operational tempo that did not exist during my time. That said, the Army provided valuable training, education and experiences that I continue to benefit from. Generally, the leadership was good to excellent. I would strongly encourage young people today to consider the armed forces.
Pros
Excellent training, education and experiences
Cons
Long hours.
Once in a lifetime Experience
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 9, 2017
Creating special bonding moments that will last a lifetime. Learn team building skills, that could save lives! Gives you confidence in your everyday life !
Pros
Free Travel
Cons
Dangerous
You meet the best people in the world
11B Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Being away from loved ones is tough, but if you can get past that you can meet some of the most amazing people in the world, blow stuff up, shoot guns, learn life changing skills like;land navigation, combat life saving, how to properly handle fire arms.
Pros
You're looked up to, free healthcare, free college tuition
Cons
It's like prison

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4