U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 39,974 reviews matching the search
Challenging but rewarding career.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJune 27, 2017
High stress job with many challenges, yet a rewarding sense of fulfillment. The job requires you to be away from home and family life much of the time.
Benefits
Cons
Hectic work schedule
Productive and learning environment
Medical Logistic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAJune 27, 2017
Environment where there is continues learning of new skills while preforming your job with:
Paid vacation
Hour and half lunch breaks
Free education
I love my job but not the politics of it
fire control enhanced operator/maintainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 27, 2017
Being in the army was great, when I could actually do my job. Most of the time I was told to go somewhere and wait multiple hours on end to just sit on my hands.
Productive and Fast Paced Work Enviornment
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 27, 2017
Receive, inspect, inventory, load/unload, store, issue and deliver supplies and equipment Maintain automated supply system for accounting of organizational and installation supplies and equipment Issue and receive small arms. Secure and control weapons and ammunition in security areas Schedule and perform preventive and organizational maintenance on weapons Operate unit level computers.
Pros
Travel, Healthcare Benefits, Etc..
Cons
Long Hours, Underpaid
typical day at work
Chemical Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hunter Army Airfield, GAJune 26, 2017
It was great gained a lot of leadership experience during my time in the us army. They help you not only become a professional within your career field but also a better person in over all life.
I Loved serving my country.
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 26, 2017
Being in the United States Army taught me a lot about team work. Team work is important to make any business successful. Without the willingness to work together it could make the job stressful for everyone.
Best job Ever!
Battalion Executive Officer (Deputy Director) (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 26, 2017
Opportunity for advancement is supported by leadership. Training is mandatory with every promotion and position you will hold. True feeling of an extended family. Challenging and very rewarding.
Pros
Got to serve my country; unmatched benefits
Cons
Long hours and deployments but worth it in the end
Being a soldier
IT and Radio Specialist (Current Employee) –  Somersworth, NHJune 26, 2017
You learn to become a producing member of society through leadership and ;earning a vital skill that is your everyday job in the Army. Meet all kinds of new people, some you'll adore, some you'll loathe, but that's apart of the job
Positive work environment
Writer Developer Human Resources Specialist Course (Current Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCJune 26, 2017
Serving in the Army for 26 years has instilled discipline and valuable skills on how to deal with constant change and thrive in stressful situations. Serving in the Army has been an awesome opportunity and an honor at the same time.
Pros
Serving my country
Cons
Missing time away from family
Excellent Managment and Work Environment
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Monmouth, NJJune 26, 2017
The best part about working for the US ARMY is knowing that you are working for the Warfighter. The overall culture and environment is very rewarding.
Pros
Salary
Unorganized
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 26, 2017
Lack of common sense. Unorganized, and nothing is ever voluntary. Lots of toxic leadership. Also too much time wasted for nothing, can be unproductive
great place to work for people to start their life in the right direction
Apache Helicopter Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 26, 2017
I joined the army at the age of 18 and I would not change much. I've been able to accomplish so much more compared to my fellow class of 2013. I've earned the right to a prestigious scholarship called the post 9/11 G.I. Bill which waves the burden of high college debt after my time served.
Pros
Great hands on job
Cons
Very little family time
Spent First 5 1/2 Years in the ARMY
Infantry Rifleman, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJune 26, 2017
Lead, supervised and served as a member of an infantry unit of 3 Soldiers, employed individual
weapons, machine guns, and anti-armor weapons in offensive and defensive ground combat.
Used individual infantry weapons, laid field wire, performed basic communication function and
operated communication equipment; utilized camouflage to conceal weapons and personnel;
constructed minor fortifications; performed land navigation; performed preventative
maintenance on weapons; equipment; and some vehicles; made verbal reports and wrote after
action reviews, administered first aid, operated vehicles to transport personnel, supplies and
equipment.
Great experience
Scout Platoon Team leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJune 26, 2017
Great place to learn and appreciate the skills taught. Other than the leadership that cared more about metals than the welfare of the troops its an amazing place to work
Army is very tiring but worth it
Duties - Rifleman (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJune 26, 2017
The army is a very competitive environment. However, you put in your dues and are serving your country with a purpose. You will be put in shape with their vigorous workouts.
Benefits
Cons
Tiring hours
Tough, but worth it if a career life choice
25Q STT Operator and Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJune 26, 2017
Typical day include Physical Training workout starting at 0630 until 0800. Start work day at 0930, go to formation if put out, accomplished tasks of the day, 1130 lunch break, 1300 return to work tasks, 1700 COB.

I've learned you must be resilient in this lifestyle and keep yourself grounded and ready to adapt in an ever changing world.

Hardest part of the job is being away from family and long work days.

Most enjoyable part is being with your brothers and sisters in arms when you need them the most and forging lifelong bonds with them.
Great Job
Government administrator (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 26, 2017
A lot of fun, great opportunities that value education and dedication. The benefits are the best. The people are first class and dedicated to mission accomplishment..
Great place to work.
Soilder (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTJune 26, 2017
The military teaches you many valuable lessons, it teacher you to respect everyone no matter if they are different from you. It teaches you to stay physically and mentally strong and maintain high morals.
Pros
Creating great friendships
Cons
Sometimes it can be very time consuming I
Maintain and Support
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXJune 26, 2017
Sported 509Th Military Intelligence with completing of the mission and by keeping their vehicles up and running. the hardest part of the job was early wake up to perform PT. Over all the most enjoyable part of the day was able to help my brothers and sisters to the left and right of e. working as a group to accomplish the mission with a great set of people has never been so enjoyable.
Team Leader/Sargent (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJune 26, 2017
I loved serving my country. I would not be the man that I am today with out the guidance and assistance from the united states army. It really helped me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4