U.S. Army
22,002 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Bulk Loading Specialist
Worker (Former Employee), Lakeville, NYMay 22, 2015
Responsibilities included; unloading bulk sugar (dry and liquid) from imported railcars and tank trailers, mixing products per customer specifications, loading bulk liquid and dry sugar products into tank trailers, forklift used daily to load/unload pallets of liquid/dry sugar, use of laboratory equipment to test quality and content of product, yard movement of 53’ box and liquid trailers.
Service Review
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COMay 22, 2015
Pros: Mentorship, Leadership, Brotherhodd
Cons: None
The 23 years of service have been the greatest experience of my life. I have traveled to over 10 different countries with the opportunity to experience and learn various cultures. I have met a multitude of great people throughout my career and remain in contact with many of them still today as friends and for professional advice. The greatest accomplishment of my career is two-fold. First is earning the rank of Senior Operations Manager after working for years in jobs with the responsibility level of a Senior Operations Manager. Second is the ability and drive I have been instilled with in helping and teaching others. It gives me great pleasure to help others to achieve their best and to resolve their problems and serve as the example of a leader for them to emulate. After my retirement in the next few months I will miss the team building and family environment we lived by.
demanding, rewarding and life changing!
Command Group Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMay 22, 2015
Every day was a new day. Learned lots of new things daily and enjoyed the people around me. Travel was a plus and the whole experience was amazing!
productive, learning work place
Aircraft Electrician (Current Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYMay 22, 2015
take care of patients necessities, attend different kind of activities for residents, provide as much care for residents, fun working environment, entertaining residents a number one priority.
Honored to Serve
Food Inspection Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 22, 2015
A typical day was to inspect the commissary to make sure all the standards were being met for the food prep and storage.

I learned about food inspection

Management was good

Co-workers were fun to work with

I didn't find this job hard at all

I liked being in charge of inspecting the fresh fruits and vegetables
Army
Army National Guard (Former Employee), Crossett, ARMay 22, 2015
Army was a great job. Your day could consist of a number of things when your in the army. Most of this will be training for combat.
Stationed in may place around the world, Korea and Hawaii
Communications Sergeant 25U (Former Employee), Oahu, HawaiiMay 22, 2015
Pros: Unlimited
Cons: People shoot at you
I served for 8 1/2 years and I am proud to call myself a veteran. I was a Communications Sergeant and was a first line leader with three junior enlisted that worked for me. Great bunch of guys.
all wheel vehicle mechanic
Private First Class (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSMay 22, 2015
worked in the motor pool did QAQCs on vehicles monthly. Performed given maintenance. some long hours doing stupid stuff pay is low benefits are pretty good.
Military
Specialist E-4 (Former Employee), Agawam, MAMay 22, 2015
Being in the military I learned how to be a man, a soldier, a brother and friend. I learned how to find and eliminate the enemy. I also learned a lot about doing what is right at all times. I learned to keep a job and there was no flaws. I enjoyed what I did every day it was just time to move on.
Fun, Career Growth, Exciting
Automated Logistics Specialist (92A) (Former Employee), Ft. Irwin, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Free Medical, Dental, Vision, Career Growth
Established and maintained stock records, inventory, material control, accounting, and supply reports
Administered document control procedures
Trained incoming and division based personnel to ensure standardization and competency on all levels
Improved the Logistics Management processes and obtained greater than a 90% accountability rating
Developed and utilized analytical techniques to assess the supply and property accountability program
Created reports using charts, graphs, and diagrams of work methods and procedures for improvement of feasibility of operations
Handled, accepted, and rejected hazardous materials according to regulatory laws
Facilitated the demilitarization of government property, regulatory, and statutory requirements of hazardous waste disposal and processing of reports of survey.
rewarding, & asks a lot from their soldiers.
Motor Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VAMay 22, 2015
Pros: good pay.
Cons: away from family a lot.
Military life is demanding, rewarding, & asks a lot from their soldiers. There are various reasons as to why people would want to enroll into the military life.
Teamwork
Materiel Management Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COMay 22, 2015
Pros: Great way to learn discipline
Cons: Some leadership out for themselves
Excellent organization in which the Soldiers are the future. If Soldiers are led properly then it is the most integral part of the armed forces
Challenging and Rewarding
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMay 21, 2015
Professional and structured environment. Great opportunity to work with diverse groups foreign and domestic. Develops skills sets and professional ethics.
Excellant enviroment with great co-workers
expert M4 Rifleman (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: long hours
On a typical day we focused on physical fitness and continued our training.
My co-workers were full of life and always there to help when needed.
Hardest part of this job was the long hours. sometimes we would work 24-36 hours.
The part I enjoyed most was the people and the fun times we all shared.
Productive and great organization
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TX and Fort Bragg, NCMay 21, 2015
Pros: great work environment, got to meet some interesting people, and great life experience
Cons: long hours
I work for the Army for 7 years and I met some outstanding leaders and soldiers while in and I got to see the world and experience things I would of never experienced had I not joined the Military.
Supervised the Civilian and Military Personnel branches of Winn Army Community Hospital
Deputy Chief Human Resources Division (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work started with a morning sync meeting with my team to discuss upcoming deadlines, statuses of assignments and any concerns involving our mission essential tasks that would need to be addressed. I learned how important it is for information to flow seamlessly both up and down the chain of authority, and that different situations call for different methods of action. I had an exceptionally talented staff. They worked very hard to ensure the division upheld the highest level of customer service around. The hardest part of my job was my departure from the military. I love helping people and that's what I did on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching each member of my staff receive either "Employee of the Quarter" or "Employee of the Year" two years in a row. They made me extremely proud.
eh
United States Army (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 21, 2015
it really is what it is. you take what you give in personally i had fun and have made life long friends and gained life long skills from being a US soldier
Great job
Emergency Operation Center Manager (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKMay 21, 2015
Great job and great people. You need to look into the job you are getting into before you decide on that job. Typical days can range from 8 hrs to 24 hours. I learned Microsoft Office Skills. Management is good if you get with the right people. Co-workers can be good or bad. Working the long hours is the hardest part. Getting the money , medical, housing, and college benefits.
Great place to start a foundation in the workforce
All Wheel Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), EverywhereMay 21, 2015
Get up work out and work hard. Learn to respect everyone. Learn to listen and take orders. Its a driven environment and you have to be constantly working hard.
Productive and family based environment
Military Police (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Ability to grow and help subordinates or peers alike.
Cons: away from family.
The Army is an environment not for all individuals. There are rules and regulations in which need to be followed and conducted. As you advance in the ranks comes more responsibility, I finished my required time needed in the Army and got out with the rank of CPL. I was in charge of 4 soldiers in which I had to ensure that they were mentally and tactically proficient in their jobs and skills. I did monthly counseling's and ensured they were on track with civilian school and military schools as well. Over all it helped me grow in to a more understanding person and a great leader, these traits I can share with anyone in life and in any work force that I encounter.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries