U.S. Army
18,092 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Productive workplace, alwyas on the go
Squad Leader (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYNovember 24, 2014
On a typical day at work we worked out, maintain accountability of our items, and did supply to our mother unit. Our supply runs consisted but not limited to ammunition, fuel, building materials, food. We had great team dynamics and learned to work with each other weaknesses and strenghts, even during last minute missions.
I am soldier for life
Unit Supply Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Carson CONovember 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, professional/life skills, people
Supporting fellow soldiers, conducting inventory, issuing of supplies, placing orders, reviewing budget, securing supplies and equipment, requesting supplies, turning-in of supplies and equipment, coaching, accounting for personnel, conducting inspections/serviceability of supplies and equipment, reporting to unit leadership, conduction training classes,and – more... writing reviews.
I learned life and professional skills. – less
n/a
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, WANovember 24, 2014
It is a great job with good benefits.Prepares and processes recommendations for awards and decorations and arranges for awards ceremony. Pre pares, updates, and coordinates requests for evaluations, to include responding to evaluation inquiries. Prepares and monitors requests for promotions and arranges for promotion ceremony, to include promotion declinations, – more... reconsideration for promotions, and arrange for reduction and removal boards for soldiers on local promotion standing lists. Prepares and monitors requests for reductions, trans fers, and discharges. Prepares and monitors requests for identifica tion cards and tags, leaves, and passes, line of duty determination, MILPER data and information management, orders for temporary duty and travel, personnel processing, personnel Security Clearances, training and reassignment, retention, military and special pay pro grams, personnel accounting and strength management, transition processing, legal, meal cards, training soldier support file, and unit administration. – less
Great job
92A-Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCNovember 24, 2014
I loved my previous job it was a good learning and growing experience. A typical day was physical training, picking up parts and dispatching vehicles....it was fun and different everyday. I learned that things will definitely will not be handed to you. I leaned the definition of hard-work and dedication, I learned what it takes to be successful at the – more... completion of a job, I also learned how to prioritize my work. My management was great I honestly liked everyone. they were there for me when I needed them they looked out for us and had our best interests at heart. My co-workers were great as well. I get along with everyone so my co-workers made that even easier by being there and just being honest and generous in times of need. The hardest part of the job had to be jumping out of planes.The most enjoyable part of the job was just being there with and for everyone helping them when they needed it and just working in the office. – less
Hard work, and you must be very flexible
Battalion Operations Sergeant (Current Employee), Camp Atterbury, INNovember 24, 2014
Learned adaptability and networking skills.
Must be willing to relocate often.
Can and will cause physical injuries that are sometimes uncorrectable.
One must be willing to travel for extended periods of time, however, most of the time it is not over 90 days.
Good work environment
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Bliss TXNovember 24, 2014
Pros: job security/advancement
Cons: long hours
Hard work in a safe working atmosphere. Work long hours with time off depending on the schedule.
Challengeing and rewarding organization
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WANovember 24, 2014
Very fast paced and a great place for advancement. Learned to work in an adverse environment with people from different backgrounds. the most enjoyable part of the job is working in a team concept.
U.S Army
Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee), Columbus, G.ANovember 24, 2014
My typical day in the U.S Army is always busy. I am an instructor and I train soldiers daily on how to be a leader in combat and how to maneuver an M1A1 Tank. Not only do I have to train soldiers daily, but I also have to make sure that foster and environment that is totally safe for training. Other requirements of me at my job are that I have to make – more... sure that my unit is within EPA standard. Environmental is something huge in my line of my work. I have to make sure that all spills and environmental issues are handled properly, log and inform the proper agency. On my job we are very limited on personnel so the hardest part of job requires you to complete multiple tasks on your own. The enjoyable part of my job is that everyone gets along and takes care of each other. – less
Fast paced, very serious and intense
Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXNovember 24, 2014
Training, inventories, physical training.
Management could have been 10 times better.
Co-workers were uptight.
hardest part of the job was being deployed.
most enjoyable part of the job was being deployed
Fun workplace
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXNovember 24, 2014
Spend time learning new ways to accomplish missions with the use of good team work
Fun place to work
Supply SGT (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 24, 2014
Pros: day start at 0520
Cons: start early end early
A Typical day start at 0500 with physical exercise We then get an hour to shower eat and report to work.I Order Uniforms and Supplies for Soldiers.Track order,Conduct inventory of supplies on hand.
Largely dependent on rank and MOS
Truck Commander, Team Leader, Sergeant E-5 (Former Employee), Lincoln, NE, BAMC, IraqNovember 24, 2014
Pros: decent pay and benefits
One of the most rewarding jobs you can have, of you can deal with the stress and lack of life outside of work.
Great organization to start sharpening leadership and management skills
Program Director / Analyst (Current Employee), El Paso, TXNovember 24, 2014
Pros: stability, career progrssion
Cons: deployments
After 20 of service I can say that the Army opened multiple professional and educational doors. The Army is demanding, so you should expect to commit 100% to this profession, it takes a holistic approach to service, family included. All in all, it is worth it.
Army Warrant Officer
Allied Trades Warrant Officer ( Rank of CW2) (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCNovember 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long work hours and deployments.
You are respected among very few senior leaders. The job demands are extreem as you perform labor, manage and lead and provide technical expertise to subordinates and leaders alike.
U.S. Army Squad Leader
Squad Leader (Former Employee), Fort Richardson, Alaska and Fort Benning, GANovember 24, 2014
My military day would consist of me waking up every morning at 5 a.m. and having to be in formation according to rank with accountability of all my soldiers who worked under me by 6 a.m. We would conduct physical training which would consist of running for miles, push ups, sit ups, and other physical exercises until the time of 7:45 a.m we were then – more... given until 9 a.m. to conduct personal hygiene and eat breakfast. At 9 a.m. we would have another accountability formation for our work day. I would then delegate the tasks at hand to my soldiers who volunteered. I would either pack parachutes or do what it is my higher ups told me to do. From my experiences i learned how to work very well and closely with other people. I learned how to be in charge of a group of soldiers who were lower ranking then me. I learned how to take care of the people who worked for and with me and not be afraid to ask questions if i do not know the answer. The people i worked with made my job as squad leader so easy because they knew my position and the power that came with it and i never abused it. Not only did i have the respect of my higher ups who put me in the squad leader position but i had the respect of my soldiers who worked under me and other soldiers as well because I was a leader who did not let people walk all over me. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was when we get new soldiers they would not work as fast and since we always had a quota to meet if it wasn't met by the time of 1700 hours(5 p.m.) people would have to stay longer and me being that I was a squad leader i would stay longer. It didn't me all the time but it does sometimes. I learned to not complain unless it is a serious issue because in the end the platoon SGT or my section SGT wouldn't change their mind. It motivated me to help the new people become fast and show them tricks and techniques to use to their ability. The most enjoyable part other then being on deployment is knowing at the end of the day my soldiers where well taken care of and that i either was addressing their issues or their issues had already been addressed. When i was already leaving the Army it felt good to hear my soldiers say to me, you were the best squad leader I had or that you actually set me straight into becoming the soldier i am now. Knowing that I took regular people and made them into fine soldiers before i left the Army is a wonderful feeling. – less
very productive and taking part in something bigger than yourself
Military police (Current Employee), united statesNovember 24, 2014
performing military functions
working with people around the united states
always love to learn as much as allowed
long hours poor managment
language analyst (Current Employee), san antonioNovember 24, 2014
long hours, great benefits.
room for advancement but not likley
great opportunities from higher education and training
Infantrymen (Former Employee), Anderson MoNovember 24, 2014
• Played a key role as Infantryman across a number of deployments, including responsibility for leading and directing fire team
• Maintained assigned equipment to ensure smooth operations, utilizing exceptional fitness levels to work effectively in challenging environments
US Soldier
Soldier (Former Employee), KentuckyNovember 24, 2014
Opportunities were provided to those who excelled and went the extra mile. Very rewarding career. I suggest this to anyone looking for stability and discipline.
My Army experience was a awesome one. It taught me self discipline and self motivation
92A Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXNovember 24, 2014
I enjoyed this job to the fullest. Working for the U.S. Army open a lot of opportunities and doors for me.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more