U.S. Army
21,246 reviews

U.S. Army United States Employee Reviews

MILITARY
35th Engineer Battalion (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 18, 2015
LOVED MY ARMY CAREER, MEET GREAT PEOPLE, SEE OTHER COUNTRIES, LEARN HOW TO LEAD SOLDIERS, BECOME VERY PROFESSIONAL AND MOTIVATED
Team oriented
Operations Officer (Current Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZApril 17, 2015
Pros: Great Culture
Cons: Not for everyone
I was given several opportunities to excel as a manager for numerous organizations. I consider my successes to be the ability to help my subordinates increase their skills and become productive members of our team.
great benefits
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LAApril 17, 2015
Pros: free education, advancement, retirement
Cons: travel, less family time
great place to work if you can work in a demanding environment. great benefits and opportunity for advancement and retirement
Loved serving my country
Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 17, 2015
Learned discipline and the meaning of team work. Met great friends and and proud to have served my country. Serving in the Army changed my life for the better
flight operations. flight flow aircraft, dispatch, weather reports. Kept a flight hours data base for all pilots and crew members.
Flight Operations Sergeant (Former Employee), Ft. Benning, Honduaras, Ft Hood, Hunter Army AFApril 17, 2015
Pros: I love aviation
Cons: being away from home
I worked in a flight operations center. We received flight plans form pilots and submitted to the flight tower prior to every flight. Once the aircraft was in route we followed through radio. We kept flight hours for both monthly reports and pay purposes. All crew members, pilot and regular crew on flight status received a yearly review of their total hours for the year.
Challenging and Fast-Paced
Brigade Intelligence Officer (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COApril 17, 2015
Five years as an Army officer prepared me for anything. The complexity of the problem sets are the highest any young person (22 for me) can expect. With training and the support of concerned and dedicated senior officers growth and development in the military is tough to beat.
Great place to be a part of a team
Military Police (Former Employee), Canyon Lake, TXApril 17, 2015
Amazing teamwork performance, and overall amazing skills that I have learned over time has led to my success with my life
Disciplined and exciting career field
Team Leader (Current Employee), Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Paid college, full benefits and the honor of being able to say I've served my country.
Cons: long work days, being away from family, possibility of being in hostile areas.
An average work day will consist of at least 10 hours on average but your daily activities will always differ. There will always be set taskings for you to do that will not change but how you go about accomplishing them will change each time. I've experienced a lot in the five plus years I have been in the Army ranging from deployments to Afghanistan down to different ways to work out during the day, each event unique and life changing. As you progress in your career your daily activities will change as well, currently as an NCO it is my responsibility to lead, train and mentor new soldiers and ensure they have the knowledge to succeed in the military as I have. The hardest part of being in the military would be being away from your family, whether that be your direct relatives living in another state or if your married being away from your family during training events and deployments. During my time in the military the most enjoyable part for me has been developing a bond with my fellow soldiers that will last a lifetime, those that I have served with will always be considered my brothers.
Provides the training and environment to grow both personally and professionally
California State Inspector General (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Gain wide variety of skills, knowledge, and attributes
Cons: Can experience lengthy family separations when called upon
A typical day involves working with a lot of people having basically the same values, norms, and professional goals.
Great opportunity for training
Great way to see the world
Offers a wide variety of assignment opportunities
Expects every Soldier to eventually become a leader
Great benefits package
Most enjoyable part of my day is working with people
Depends
NCO (Former Employee), South Korea, Fort Sill, Hood, CarsonApril 17, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: time management
Life in the Army depends on who is in charge of you and where you are stationed. It is not the same everywhere you go. Lesson learned from being stationed at various places. Most of the things done don't make sense as if wasting your time when you could be doing other things like military courses, school, study for boards, and such. Its good but just depends.
It's the Army...
Section Chief (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COApril 17, 2015
Pros: Being a well oiled War Machine.
Cons: Deployments.
Long hours, more time spent working than with your family and the obvious risks. But the comradery is the best part and something you will not find anywhere else.
The military.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COApril 17, 2015
I loved the military. I hated it when I did it but now that I'm out I would give almost anything to be back in. Things that sucked. Hours are terrible. Command is a complete guessing game on who you will have and how they will lead you. Deployments can be the best time of your life or the most horrific and it is always a gamble on which one you will get. You will have to do more Physical training than you ever thought you could. You will endure any and every type of weather imaginable. Food sucks. People will yell at you for anything and everything good or bad. Things that are great. The people you meet and the bonds you will make with last a life time. There is not another job that I have had in my life that could ever come close to the experiences I have had in the military. I got to do some very fun, extreme adrenaline, seat of your pants kind of stuff. I will never forget the people I met, things I did, or life I lived while in the military.
It was a unique experience.
Korean Linguist (Former Employee), Ft Meade, MDApril 17, 2015
This job was a classified job and I can't really say what I did. I was a Korean Linguist for the US Army.
I enjoyed this job immensely.
Great place to start a career
Crew Member (Former Employee), JBLM, WAApril 17, 2015
Pros: paid time off. 4 day leave
Cons: training training and more training
I enjoyed the army while I served. Went to other countries and seen things that I will never forget in a good way. Great way to advance your career if you want to stay in.
Fast paced environment with safety in mind.
Wheel Vehicle (Heavy Diesel) Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COApril 17, 2015
Pros: Salary, Four weeks vacation per year
Cons: On call 24/7, Deployment
Diagnosing and repairing vehicle issues, from lightbulbs to engine replacement. Difficult yet rewarding to keep a fleet of 100+ vehicles operational and task ready. My position currently is to help watch over and assist the less experienced mechanics in their tasks.
Hard work with great people
Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COApril 17, 2015
Pros: everything except communication
Cons: communication with higher-ups
The job itself was not hard, but everything that came with it, was not a cake walk. I had a great time working with great people and I learned a lot. I couldn't have asked for any better co-workers and management. I learned filling skills, computer skills, working with a diverse group of people both in the office and out.
productive and fun work place that praised hard work.
Soldier (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 17, 2015
Typical day at work consisted of different missions that had time frame for completion. Sometimes work came down last minute but with proper guidance and correct usage of personnel there was not a task that couldn't be completed as ask.
Critical thinker, hard worker and people's peron.
Cavalry Scout (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 17, 2015
Pros: Health and dental care. Leave and 4 day weekends.
Cons: Deployments
* There is no typical day at work. You have to flexible to changes and be quick to react. Some of the many things I've learned is working well with diverse groups of people. Knowing to put your feelings aside about a certain individual for the sake of the job. Time management. Lastly how to use different resources to get the job done. Hardest part of the job is being deployed and being years or long months away from the family. Some of the enjoyable parts were getting to know different people. Taking care of one another and just building a strong friendship. There is nothing like having a long miserable day at work but with friends it makes it easier.
Highly motivated work place
Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKApril 17, 2015
Early mornings and sometimes late nights but a lot of motivated and skilled workers. I learned how to be on time and proficient in my tasks.
soldier's life
92A- Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), ft.campbell,kyApril 17, 2015
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: long days, work on holidays or weekends.getting yell at without saying anything
In the armed forces there's not life.there's favoritism,specially the higher ranks.no time to spent with family.it was really a expirienced for me.not recommend to anybody

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries