U.S. Army
16,604 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

A wonderful place to be and work.
Chemical-Biological-Radiation-Nuclear NCO (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2014
The military has teach me how to multi-task and to learn really quickly, with a wide range of jobs I presently am tasked to do. I enjoy it because of that reason. Extremely demanding, especially when I have to complete a task.
Good Experience
Air defense system operator and maintainer (Current Employee), Yelm, WASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: good life experiences
Cons: unpredictable work day
Very good work experience in a variety of areas with a limited amount of training. You work around multiple people and a wide range of supervisors. High and low stress environments make you flexible.
Great Escape
Senior Military Police Sergeant (Former Employee), Germany, Japan, Panama, U.S.A, Iraq, Kuwait, KoreaSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: job security, benefits, retirement
Cons: danger, getting political
If it weren't for the Army launching my life I would have amounted to nothing. Job security and advancement is almost a guarantee if you act right and learn from your leadership.
Challenging and Fullfilling
Logistics Officer (Current Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: doing things and going places most people will never go.
Cons: having to say bye to family to deploy, but it has to be done.
Phisycial Training at 0630 for an hour, work call at 0900 conduct maintenance, training, whatever is on the training schedule. Lunch at 1130 to 1300(1pm). Continue to 1700 (5pm). Enjoy the rest of the day unless there is a duty until 0900 (9am) the next morning,
Army of One!
Food Service Specialist/Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about myself as a person
Cons: ever changing management; you have to adjust
Learn self discipline, Focus on life values, Learn to be a leader. Figure our whats important in your life and where you are going.
produtive and very helping as a growing man
Ammuntion Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 19, 2014
wake up at 5am get ready for pt then we got back to our house shower then its time for 0900 work call. i am in control of the ammo so i have different missions everyday. most days i run the range for my unit and take of all the paper work.
army
AH-64D SYSTEM TECHNICIAN / ADMISSION DUTY (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 19, 2014
Army is essential department! and they work hard but some dude act like children and ruined army life
The greatest fighting force in the world.
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: paid housing, food, and clothing
Cons: short vacations and missed family time
Typical day at work; physical training, weapons cleaning and maintenance, drilled tactical movements, equipment accountability, planning and recon for future drills and training, vehicle maintenance, medical training. Learned a lot and grew as a person, I'm a much wiser, disciplined, and prepared individual since my time in the military.My chain of – more... command was mainly quite supportive. My co-workers and I got along very well together. Hardest part, early mornings doing intense PT before the sun is even up. Most enjoyable part, traveling and the weapons/communication/medical knowledge that you learn. – less
Every day was a different day.
Senior Weapons Squad Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Richardson, AKSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: long deployments away from family, and random call ins alot
A typical day at work consisted of training throughout the squad, weapons maintenance, Uniform inspection, working out, and reporting to higher ups.
New and challenging work everyday.
Ammunition Stock & Accounting Specialist (89A) (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HI, Fort Knox KY, AfghanistanSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: lots of time away from home and family
No day was ever the same for me while I was in the Army. There was always something new either new work that needed to be done or added to an all ready existing project or file, or a new mission that we had to make happen. I was a Sergeant and the most important thing to me was the Soldier's that I had under me. I made sure that they were taken care – more... of and always taught them something new. – less
Hard work and steady training
Satellite Operator/ Maintainer (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HI & Fort Lewis, WASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great healthcare benefits and family care benefits
Cons: not enough time for your family
The U.S. Army is the best place for young men and women to experience real work ethic and develop pride in yourself and your skills while seeing the world through the eyes of someone destined to protect others.
It can be as productive as you want it to be.
G3 Operations Officer (Operations Manager) (Current Employee), Fort Knox, KYSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: delopyments
There is never really a typical unless you choose to not be engaged with the rest of the team.
Best job you can associate with.
Sergeant in U.S Army (Former Employee), U.S/ EuropeSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: your teammates
Cons: training can take anytime. hard to maintain plans.
Everyday you learned something new. The training was vigorously and aggressive drilled into you. The positive thing about being in the military was that you were not alone. I was taught to have everything learned had to be input into everyone to your left and right. This was the only time learning was enjoyable.
Financial Technician Manager (Former Employee), HawaiiSeptember 19, 2014
Long hours and multiple tasks with minimal opportunities and time to complete them.
Great experience
CH-47 Helicopter Repairer (Current Employee), Fort Wanwright AKSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: you learn a lot of different stuff that it will help you succeed in life
Cons: demands too much physical activities
Thats the place to tune your skills, to learn how to be a professional.
It's a great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare housing
Cons: n/a
We would get up do pt then we would do what ever is the task at hand
fun and full of surprises
Weapons Specialist U.S. Army (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYSeptember 19, 2014
Working in the army was a great experience I learned a lot in the army. The management was awesome professional but sometimes to demanding.
Be All You Can Be
Senior Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Sumter, SCSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: multiple job experiences and people from all walks of the world
Cons: completion of service
A senior leader with 20 years of logistics experience serving our country; the People are our greatest assets. I've had the opportunity to work in various positions with increased responsibilities in various conditions. No day is the same.........whether we're requisitioning supplies, repair parts, overseeing maintenance operations, support natural – more... disaster or relocating our capabilities to different regions of the world.
My profession was an advocate flexibility and growth potential simultaneously promoting family along with R & R. – less
Very exciting and challenging
Food Service Specialist/Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Carson ColoradoSeptember 19, 2014
It is a very exciting and challenging opportunity. Recommend for anyone.
U.S. Army
Facility Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 19, 2014
typical army experience.doing pt everyday great co workers and lots of training

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more