U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 31,142 reviews matching the search
Very good organization to work and grow.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 26, 2016
1005 of my time spent managing Financial Management Soldiers and their participation in military exercises and disbursing of DOD funds.
Army
Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 26, 2016
The Army is a great organization to get a head start in life. The Army gives you the tools you need to prepare yourself for the future. It gives you the discipline needed to better yourself as a person.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
down sizing of the Army
Over bearing, bad leadership
Infantryman (11B) (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 26, 2016
The army isnt for everyone. You have toxic leadership it can ruin your life. You have so many rules to follow. I had toxic leadership at ft hood. They didnt respect injured personel either.
Nice place to work if you have a perm job if not enjoy your time there.
Heavy Mobile Equipment Body Mechanic/Welder (Former Employee) –  Hooks, TXJuly 26, 2016
Day of work was tedious and could be very busy but decent coworkers helped out a whole lot. Most enjoyable part of my job was knowing i was helping the soldiers.
Description
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 25, 2016
The Army will change you for the better, they promise you benefits and they do provide you benefits. You are exposed to many types of leadership which helps build you up to become the next great leader to accomplish great things for your job and The Army.
Pros
Builds Character, On the job training, Benefits, Leadership
Cons
Constant changing atmosphere
US Army
88M Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time while serving in the United States Army. I was able to travel and live over seas for a year and was then stationed in New York. I was able to learn a lot and to grow as a person in many different ways during my enlistment.
Teamwork
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  HSC, HHB, I CORPS, Fort Lewis, WA 98433July 25, 2016
I worked in the United States Armed Forces, one of the best jobs I ever had. I had trained, mentored, coached and lead Soldiers over 15+ years in different locations in the USA and over 4 Deployments on combat and support our troops in logistics. Teamwork is at plus, nothing get accomplished with out a good leadership. A typical day is to start with a 15 minutes meeting to brief my Soldiers in the tasking and how those tasking are going to be complete, is very important to assigned every Soldier to the tasks. After the day is done, I review it, but is important to lead and teach to let Soldiers know how the task is done.
Pros
Soldiers learn to become the best leaders
Army
Fire Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAJuly 25, 2016
It was alright, never got to do the job you signed up for though, wouldn't trade it for the world. met some real cool people. But had to deal with some real dumb stuff, and you're treated like youre a little kid.
N/a
Patriot Missile Operator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 25, 2016
I learned most of how good of patience I have. I met a lot of good people and had a pleasure of working with them and growing with them.
Pros
lunch, days off
Cons
miscommunication, last minute details
excellent assisted living center
Trained as a Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 25, 2016
The workers were great team members and put the patients first. I was sad to leave but felt serving my country was more important.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
often was called in after hours to help with problems
Productive, respectable work envoirnment
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft.Leonardwood,MOJuly 25, 2016
Serving time in the service taught me the importance of hard work, respect, attention to deal, along with other core values I've attained.The work day constantly varies, always interesting.
Extremely Micromanaged
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJuly 25, 2016
The work is too easy. All you have to do is be at the correct place at the correct time in the correct uniform. Generally the people you work with are amazing. Good leadership is hard to find.
Pros
Long Lunches
Cons
Micromanagment
Working in the Army
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 25, 2016
Starting a day like no other doing what is expected of the employee. I learned a lot of things most important once is how to get job done by working as a team. and keeping the environment safe.
Military Service
AH-64D Apache Longbow Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 25, 2016
I am proud to have served with the best of the best! I think everyone that is able bodied should serve. It can really make your life much better if you pick the right job and get valued skills for when you get out of the military to prepare you for successful life as a civilian.
The best job in the world
Training Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft Gordon, GeorgiaJuly 25, 2016
I was able to travel the world, experience different cultures and meet people from all over the world. I am a people person, and this job was ideal for me. I had an amazing 15 year career that I wouldn't trade for anything.
Pros
Lived in Hawaii for two years.
Cons
Lived in Iraq for two years.
The Military was an honor. I served my country.
Cannon Crewmember (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 25, 2016
Do to the constant time away from my family, I no longer have a wife, and I don't get to see my children often. I did what I had to, and got out.
Fun place to work at.
Florida national guard (Current Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJuly 25, 2016
Pt every morning, then start your work schedule or training or go to the field depending on what's scheduled.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Good experience too mature young adults.
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJuly 25, 2016
Life in the military was thoroughly simple and enjoyable. Be at the right time in the right place in the right uniform is a saying that you get taught early on in how to be successful, I'd say its true to this day. I learned how to cooperate with a lot of people from different and diverse backgrounds, though we may not get along or agree outside of work we were able to work effectively together. Leadership is a bit more touchy of a subject. Its hit or miss in the military, it just depends on how you adapt. A good commander is molded by his Non Commissioned Officers, so its imperative that they are competent and supportive. However if a leader has ineffective Non Commissioned Officers, everyone suffers. The hardest part of military life is always saying goodbye to loved ones for a set amount of time. I enjoyed the bonds of brotherhood I made during my military service.
Pros
Free Healthcare
Cons
changing workhours
perfection
Military (Current Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJuly 25, 2016
very exhausting but an honor to serve this amazing country and to protect my fellow americans. Its not just a job I do its my life and I love doing it.
A lot of hard working
Ammunition Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJuly 24, 2016
worked minimum or 12 hour days and had to learn to be great under extreme stress and solve problems quickly. led soldiers well and learned a great deal from everyone i met.
Pros
stay in great shape
Cons
got injured on many occasions

4.4