U.S. Army
18,137 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Fun work environment all types of different cultures and travel a lot
Training Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKNovember 27, 2014
overall not a bad experience you learn a lot and constantly meet new people
I learned my job technically and tactically.
Company Administrator/Recruiter/Career Counselor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 27, 2014
Pros: work environment with the recruiters.
Cons: not being able to enlist people or give them the job the want, but don't qualify for.
I work with a great bunch of army recruiters who were not only professional, but good people to be around. The hardest part of the job was just arriving on time through all of the rush hour traffic. Also, it is not possible to enlist everyone in to the United States Army. Some people are just not qualified or a good fit for the organization. It was – more... hard to turn people away who truly wanted to serve. I learned how to engage a diverse group of people and handle stress successfully. – less
strong fast pace job
Team Leader/Trainer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 26, 2014
Pros: train with explosives and guns
Cons: stupied orders
training for demolition and tactics for war fare. I learned to teach and train others in all types of environment. the management was good and bad the co-workers varied
Dont do it
Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Carson, CONovember 26, 2014
The army is where dreams go to die. You think you are going to save the world or have an opportunity to go to school on active duty? Get that out of your head right now. If its something you really want to do go for it, but be ready to hate life. Chain of command is usually does not care about your life.
Tough Job
Contracting Officer (Manager) (Current Employee), Ft. Leonardwood, MONovember 26, 2014
Tough environments, and people that you work with. Difficult mix of family time/career.
Typical Day at Work
Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYNovember 26, 2014
Pros: work and meet different personalities, cohesion among peers
Cons: sometimes no lunch, worked on holidays when everyone else was off
My job in the Army was supply personnel. On a typical day when i work in the warehouse if i work in the Turn-in section, i would come in and check my log book for appointments for the day. i would then go the the parts turn in bins and make sure all equipment was appropriately sorted out and ready to go to its perspective location. If i work in the – more... storage section, i would go to stock control and get all my bin tickets and excess equipment prepared to be stored. I would then conduct inventory on all equipment, place parts in its correct storage bin and go to my SAM/E box and update system. When i worked in the Issue section, in the morning i would come in and check with receiving to see what parts came in for our customers. If i had parts i would put them in its correct bins. All of our customers were broken down and identified by DODAACs which stands for Department of Defense Activity Address Code. Some units had more than one. After sorting parts, i would notify all our customers by phone and let them know to come and retrieve their parts. These are typical work day activities for the different sections i work in while doing my job. – less
Interesting
Mortuary Affiars (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VANovember 26, 2014
Being in the military was a very interesting job. Fun at times, but a lot of work. Typical work day would be a lot of training with your gear.
Supply Sergeant was a fun and challenging that require great focus.
Supply Sergeant (Current Employee), Camden, SCNovember 26, 2014
I have learned a lot from being a 92y10 in the Army National Guard.
On a day to day basis as a Supply Sergeant I was required to work with and communicate with higher personnel such as my Captain and other working parts of my unit with graphs, diagram and visual aides to track all shipping equipment.
I follow direct and nonadjustable instructions from – more... safety manuals, regulations and policies from the State and Military codes while meeting deadlines, along with additional instructions that may have been given from the Captain and higher ups.
Multi-tasking was a must, keeping my soldiers gainfully employed and completing all paperwork needed for actions throughout the day while meeting all deadlines.
Even with me working in a high stress work environment I was able to remain focused on required missions while maintaining a calm composure.
Although I was in charge of a small team of soldiers I ensured respect was given up and down the chain of command, thus creating a positive work environment for all.
One of the hardest parts of my job was the last minute changes that required immediate action, but left me with little to no time to complete the task at hand. A majority of the time I was able to complete the mission, but this rush created hostility within the work environment which I also had to address simultaneously.
The most enjoyable moments was to complete my tasks and the fact that my work remained flawless. – less
fast paced and also great working environment with great experiences
chemical specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free food and good conversation
Cons: phydical trainind and body weight
Typical day at work includes Physical Training, workcall and regular duty day.I learned that you should listen to the leadership and do as you are told. All parts of this job is challenging i don't know about hard. The most enjoyable part is comraderie.
Awesome serving the Red, White, and Blue
Operations Sergeant (Former Employee), Joint Base Lewis McChord, WANovember 26, 2014
Pros: awesome work
Cons: no personal life
The best career ever with lucrative opportunities. Advancement is endless if you put your mind to it, but you never have time to develop a personal life
Developed Excellent Leadership Skill
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCNovember 26, 2014
Outstanding workplace that promoted team building and personal accountability. The level of training and support is unmatched by any profession. Was given the opportunity to lead soldier in austere environments on four different continents
many interesting experiences
Med rec specialist (Former Employee), JPCNovember 26, 2014
Pros: world travel
Cons: nearly killed on several occasions
I was in the Army at the height of the Vietnam was. Worked a hospital in Japan for two years. Processed incoming patients from Vietnam. Worked air evacuation when patients shipped to US.
It was difficult to work with patients who were frequently severely mutilated or injured, usually angry or resentful about their experiences.
Eventually, out of survivors – more... guilt, i suppose, I volunteered to go to Vietnam. I ended up working for the Division Surgeon of the 9th Infantry division. – less
Honor to Serve
Infantryman/Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Marrero, LANovember 26, 2014
Pros: working with the public.
Cons: hurry up and wait.
For the past 23 years, all of the hardships and also the good times have molded me into the person I am today. I will be sad to retire and not wear the uniform any longer.

My job in the Army had we work closely with the public of both the United States and with foreign countries and ta was the mot rewarding to me. With the National Guard we helped – more... build schools, rescue people during floods, and maintain open lines of communications via bridges in combat zones. – less
Team enviroment with high responsibility
Section Senior Manager (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXNovember 26, 2014
Pros: lots of exercise
Cons: long days sometimes
A typical day at work started with exercise in the morning, I learned how to work well with others as a team to get important jobs done. I became very close with all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was deploying to anouther country for a long period of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was striving under pressure and getting the job – more... done no matter what it took. – less
U.S. Army
Team Leader, Operations Sergeant (Current Employee), Fort Irwin, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: being in the best job in the world...tanks
Cons: takes away from family when at a training unit or deployed. also ends your career if injured.
Great outfit. A career path that exposed alot of my traits, flaws and abilities. learned to work alongside other nations and definitely learned the language barriers.
Excellent team oriented workplace
Warehouse Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALNovember 25, 2014
Working with the U.S. Army, I learned how to adapt to many challenging situations. I learned great team building and supervisory skill. I was great taking kids straight out of High School and molding them to be productive soldiers. The Army taught me how to be disciplined and mentally tough.
Challanging and Rewarding Position
Chief Patient Financial Servoces (Current Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 25, 2014
Excellent Hospital. Developed information and business systems across Pacific Rim including Japan and Korea
A great way to serve your country.
Army National Guard (Current Employee), Mountain Home, ARNovember 25, 2014
Pros: everything.
Cons: none.
Learn and grow as a person. Make contributions to your team and your country. Learn skills that you will take with you fro the rest of your life.
Honorable Rewarding Job
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXNovember 25, 2014
Joining the Army was one of the best things that's happened to me. I've gained a lot of experience and traveled to many places. It's an honor to serve my country.
Challenging work days
Petroleum Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYNovember 25, 2014
Pros: to be able to work freely.
Cons: physical excise at 5:00 a.m every morning.
We would start our company physical exercise at 5:00 A.M. I would work with other soldiers to get tasks completed. The exciting part of the day getting release early to have time with yourself, family members.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more