U.S. Army
15,972 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Army
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Provo, utAugust 18, 2014
The army life is a difficult life. You'll gain a lot of experience in things you'd otherwise not have access to, but it's a very regimented and dictatorish in nature. It's not for everyone.
It not for everyone
Specialist - Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 18, 2014
Military is not for everyone. It takes a lot of nerve to do what they do and not many can do it
A great place to find yourself
Sergeant - E5 (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIAugust 18, 2014
Pros: clarity on direction, regular recognition, memories to last forever
Cons: separation from family, routine deployments
Expect to work hard; physically and mentally

You'll get out of it what you are willing to put in
Productive place to work
Chemical Sergeant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: deployment
Military Life US Army Military The camaraderie within the US military is like non other. Deployment to foreign lands is the hardest part. Coming home is the best!
Senior Group Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYAugust 18, 2014
Very positive work experience very demanding job, very physical loved the time I spent in the military serving my country
taught me how to multitasked and work under pressure
Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COAugust 18, 2014
Pros: healthcare, job security...
Cons: short lunch
I love to teach and helping others find their way and work in unison as the mechanical wheels that make a clock work.
Cargo Specialist
88-H Cargo Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, retirement, education
Cons: time consuming, challenging, travel
A typical day in the Army Transportation Corp is very early and very fast pace. Training needs to take place in a very restricted window of time. I learned how important communication plays a role on how effective the training schedule will be. Without my co-workers the job will be slower and room for error will increase. My co-workers are very insightful – more... and motivated to get the job done early in order to uphold the commanders reputation of being on-point world wide. The hardest part of the job would be training 300 soldiers in two days out of the month with limited resources. With the Army downsizing, a lot of funding and resources are not available so there is an abundance of borrowing forklifts, trucks and other equipment from our sister company. The most enjoyable part of my job would be knowing that I am training individuals and giving them skills that they can apply to their civilian lives and find stable employment. – less
Free food
Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Dix, NJAugust 18, 2014
Pros: i got to travel the world
Cons: missing my family
Performed clerical and stock handling duties such as typing documents and maintaining records
Productive, and rewarding
Provost Marshall's Office, Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits and good pay
Cons: long hours, time spent away from the family
Challenging, but Satisfying Work, also there was a different challenge every day.
Productive and room for advancement
Chemical Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYAugust 18, 2014
Pros: organized, healthcare, school assistance
Cons: little free time
Normal work days from 7 a.m.-5 p.m., subject to change due to 24 hour guard duty. Always have classes available to teach soldiers different skills within the military or in society, Management worked with soldiers with not much supervision because the leaders could rely on the team to get the task at hand finished in a timely manner. Co-workers became – more... a family and helped another when in need, including myself. The hardest part of my job was being away from my family. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of me serving our country and the people close to me were proud of me. – less
An awesome experience
Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 18, 2014
Had lots of fun working for the military. Learned a lot about becoming a man. Taught me alot about hand to hand combat and close quarter's combat. Learned how to use a variety of weapons. Our daily job was to learn about security and land navigation.
Fast paced
CORPORAL (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYAugust 18, 2014
Fast Paced work environment. I enjoyed my co-workers and the hours I worked.
Experience as a soldier
Army Leader (Former Employee), Savannah GAAugust 18, 2014
A typical work day as a soldier was challenging. Whether it was working in the motorpool preparing vehicles as a mechanic or daily leadership roles and a Sergeant. Nothing was really hard about this job because everyday was different.
Challenging, Diversity, Fun
Platoon Sergeant/Operation Sergeant (Former Employee), FT Carson, FT RileyAugust 18, 2014
The Army has giving me challenges during my entire 20yrs, from different schools to different countries. Working with different work styles and the diversity with working with different cultures has been very educational and fun to work with.Working along side of so many people and countries to reach each other goals has been a great opportunity.
Great atmosphere
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: 1 and a half hour lunches
A typical work day would start off with my boss and I checking and returning emails. The transportation office in which I work consisted of two people. The best thing about this position is the boss I have. He goes above and beyond to make sure that I was taking care of. The worse part about it was that you was always waiting for other sections/shops – more... to complete your work. – less
US Military
Attack Helicopter Repairer/Technical Inspector (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYAugust 18, 2014
US Military. I served eight years, Honorably Discharged. Projecting the might of US Military Power the whole world.
You learn about yourself and others while serving your the United States Military
Chief Warrant Officer CW2 (Current Employee), KOREA, HAWAIIAugust 18, 2014
Pros: diversity
Cons: less time allowed to spend with family.
I joined the military right out of High School, and I learned about myself, as I found a career field that I really enjoyed. I deployed multiple times to different locations and I performed in extremely high stress level situations and environments.
Great place to learn and travel
Land Combat Electronic Missile System Repairer (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay
A typical day at work I would repair electronic components. I was able to learn how electronics work and how to repair electronic components. The most enjoyable part of my job was traveling around and seeing new places.
Exciteing, challegeing work experiance
Telecommunications Specialist (Current Employee), Ft lewis WaAugust 17, 2014
I lead a group of installers managing the Army's network ensuring cable infrastructure was maintained and operational.
Discipline
Calibration coordinator instructor (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 17, 2014
The are has been a very good job to build discipline. I think that there are a lot of problems with the structure of the company and regulation following.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more