U.S. Army
18,042 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

It's the Army
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TexasNovember 21, 2014
Pros: steady income, benefits
Cons: 12 plus hour work days, 12-22 weeks in the field, cannot plan family events
Still on active duty cannot say to much as I could get in trouble. It's the Army and it is what you make of it. A person can only sacrifice so much. It put a severe strain on my relationship with my wife and kids and created distance between all of us.
Property Book NCO (E-5) (Current Employee), SCNovember 21, 2014
It is what you put into it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Gives you the opportunity to lead soldiers and gain leadership experience.
hard work with a rewarding experiance
diesel mechanic (Former Employee), WashingtonNovember 21, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits and you get to travle
Cons: long hours
As fun as the military was it is hard work. The hours were long and the hardest part of the job which didn't allow for much of a social life. i did learn better team working skills and discipline.
An all around the world Experience.
Sergeant (Former Employee), N. Little Rock, ArNovember 21, 2014
Pros: wearing my uniform everyday
Cons: going overseas for long periods
A typical day of work can vary to training soldiers, to getting trained on different ideas and prototypes. I learned in the army how to work well with others to complete the mission at hand. I got to the rank of E-5 in my six year of my service. With that being said I know how to follow instructions as well as give and direct them. With being in my – more... position I am not allowed to say what was the hardest part of my job. I can tell you that I enjoyed what I did while it lasted. – less
Best readiness position of my life
WHEEL AND TRACK MECHANIC (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: low pay
A typical day was being up early and pt before starting the day. I learned leadership and professionalism and a certain degree of readiness. My co-workers were Vietnam vets and new troops most well prepared. The hardest part of the job was being away from home. I had a small daughter at home at the time.. Job satisfaction was just doing my job.
army
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: advancement, benifits
Cons: leadership, work schedual
Great opportunity's and benefits. leadership can be less then par.
First Great Mainstream Job
Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TxNovember 21, 2014
For someone coming straight out of high school, Jet-Lube was a great industry to start in my career field as a mechanic. A steady work schedule with awesome benefits. Its is a type of job that keep you on your feet and moving. The manager understood my passion to join the Army and he would not let me get comfortable. He made sure that I was working – more... toward my goal of joining the amry and that is something that I'm thankful for. – less
Great start to your life
Infantry Section Leader (Current Employee), Fort Carson, CONovember 21, 2014
Being in the Army offers you many opportunities to experience different things and meet people from all over the world. The Army lets you know what type of person you are and can show you the kind of person you don't want to be.
U.S. Army
FIELD ARTILLERY AUTOMATED DATA SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXNovember 21, 2014
A typical day at work for me is to establish, maintain and operate communications systems. I assist in preparation of computer center for operation and shutdown. I prepare FAATDS for operation to include cabling, installation, and removal procedures. The field artillery automated tactical data systems specialist leads, supervises, or serves as a member – more... of an activity operating FAATDS in a field artillery cannon battalion, battery, platoon or higher. Inputs initialization data and data base information to FAATDS. Constructs and maintains observed or surveyed firing charts. Operates and performs operator maintenance on FAATDS equipment, section vehicles and generators associated with FAATDS. Performs crew maintenance and participates in organizational maintenance of section equipment. – less
Excellent carrer for driven people.
Armor Crewman, First Sergeant (Current Employee), Texas, CA, KS, LA, KYNovember 21, 2014
Great opportunity to accomplish all your goals if you are motivated and not lazy.
great place to word with job security
Field Artillery Automated Tactical Data System (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXNovember 21, 2014
Everyone should do at least 2 years just to uderstand the military bettter.
I was honored to Serve as a member of the U.S. Armed Forces
Operations Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Leavenworth, KSNovember 20, 2014
Pros: learning experience, benefits and education assistance
Cons: pay
Learned a lot in the area of accepting personal responsibilty, massive leadership principles and skills.
Extremely high strees enviornment, motivation, dedication, with a strict routine and achievable daily goals.
Section/ Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), Ft. Bragg, NCNovember 20, 2014
Pros: long lunch mostly used for additional work, great benefits, job security, and training.
Cons: 70+ hour work weeks, dealing with negative people which can also be a pro in enhancing people skills.
Up at 4:00 am to get to the barracks for room and cleaning area inspection no later than 6:00 am. Physical training from 6:30 - 7:30 am and chow and personal hygiene from 7:30 - 9:00 am. Work call formation at 9:00 am to delegate tasks and game plan deadlines, maintenance, upcoming events, promotions, inspections, clerical work, and personnel management. – more... Lunch from 11:30 am - 1:00 pm at which time tasks are delegated and supervised until close of business formation normally at 5:00 pm. Challenges are both physically and mentally demanding everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching your Soldiers professional progression and watching them achieve their personal goals. – less
Professional work place, caring and fun
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKNovember 20, 2014
Pros: take old food home, worked to our music
Cons: almost no time for lunch break, rare off days, hard to advance, not enough people
A typical day at work would be coming in to work at 5am, standing in a single line facing our manager so he can inspect us on our clean hygiene and work supply for the job. our manger then chooses a supervisor for that day and gives the names of each person that will be working in each section. After the inspection is done each person in that section – more... looks for the product he or she has to prepare for that day and looks for the recipe card to make that product. after all recipe cards are gather for that section each person in that section choose which product they will prepare and start gathering everything they need to make that product. we start cooking the product base on the recipe card. After the meals are all ready we place them in the warmer to keep warm until we open to eat. We also sever the food while backing the food up so we don't run out of food. we continue to do this from breakfast (7:30am -9:00), lunch (11:30am -1pm), and until the end of dinner (5pm-6:30pm). After lunch is done we clean up and our supervisor inspects the all the areas. once we given the ok from the supervisor that each area is clean the manager tell us what time to come in the next morning and we are then release to go.
I have learned how to become a team player and also a team leader. I have learned how to inspect food, people, and equipment to make sure that all things as within the safety food limits so we don't get people sick from eating the food we cook. learned how to supervise, be professional at the work place, but more over I leaned how to do my job well and how to do my supervisor job.
Management was always good and bad. some people wouldn't tolerate mistakes and wrote people up for them, and some would help you to correct your mistake and showed you the right way to do things.
I love each and everyone of my co-worker they work hard to get the job done and so did I. we learned together, ate together, even helped those who were behind in their work load. we banded together and became a family.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get days off. it was stressful working 15 hours every day from 5am to 7pm. we were not like other soldiers getting weekends, and holidays off . we worked harder on holidays to feed people and keep them happy. Just having time off was a blessing.
The most enjoyable part is two parts. the first part was seeing people enjoy the food you made for them and them telling you how much they love your food. and the second is meeting new people from far away land and making friend and family ties with them, people you never would have meet if not for the U.S Army. – less
Excellent job
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee), ColoradoNovember 20, 2014
The work environment is very relaxed for an army position. You work with at least 2 other people and rarely have to go out to the field.
Stable job
Track Vehicle Mechanic / Heavy Wheel Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Carson, CONovember 20, 2014
The Army had its ups and downs, but I am ready for something new.
i have learned alot of different stuff in army
Wheel Mechanic (SPC) (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXNovember 20, 2014
Pros: know when you was getting paid
Cons: phyicial trainign in the morning
days was long but fun

seen different part of the world

learned different cultures
Diverse and challenging work place
Administrative Operations Management (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GANovember 20, 2014
Pros: diversity, good breaks, holidays off
Cons: deployments, long hours
I loved the opportunity to serve my country. The diversity in culture and variety in careers offered plenty of opportunity to learn new skills. I also, learned much about being a professional and what it means to be focused and dedicated to the mission.
Company Supply activities
supply manager (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYNovember 20, 2014
Pros: more opportunities to learn new regulations and laws to improve the job, less supervision.
Cons: no advisors
- Planned daily schedule to supply the company,daily hand receipt holder ( Property owners ) inventory to make sure everyone is accountable for what they sign, order supply and part for the company.
- Work with men and women from different culture and learn from them.
- The hardest part of the job is to make sure the company has 100% of the equipment – more... sign for.
- the most enjoyable part was the friendly environment everyone was willing to give a hand when help needed. – less
Great on the job learning invoronment
Squad Leader/Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Carson, CONovember 20, 2014
Pros: challenging environment
Cons: never at home
A typical day at work is following all rules and regulations.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more