U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 25,349 reviews matching the search
The Quality of Life while serving in the US Army for 20 years
74D/ CBRN (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLFebruary 7, 2016
Wake up to go do some physical training for about 1 hour a nd15 minutes then I shower eat breakfast and go to work so my day normally starts at 0600 until 1700. My work day can consist of doing inspection, giving a brief, doing a lot of admin data on a daily basis and following up on support or request for support, make sure that personnel's or equipment are in the right place at the right time failing is not and option. As for training I just have to make sure training is done to standard not to time because all I do is supervise because of the rank I have earn.
Pros
My actions always speaks for itself.
Cons
Getting ready to RET from the US Army after 20 years.
hello
Network Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 7, 2016
hello hello by adele hello hello do the friday on sometimes saturday anytime though we arent fully dogmatic count dogs.
Great Structure.
Aviation Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAFebruary 6, 2016
The Army gives you that firm foundation for being your life. Gives you the opportunity to see exactly what it is you make want to do in life.
Pros
You will always have a steady check. No matter what.
Cons
The job you pick in the Army may not be the job you actually do.
productive work invironment
Team Leader Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HI 96857February 6, 2016
The skills and experiences I learned from serving in US-ARMY to always look sharp, and Take good care of my team, Assemble diverse teams to get a range of perspectives, I quickly discover no one had a lock on the right answers, Investing in relationships for the long term, The relationships formed in the military are lifelong, and serve me well in a business career, willing to listen to everyone opinion that incorporates as many ideas as possible, Stay calm under pressure, Act decisively even with limited information, Carefully plan out the logistics, Lead with integrity, I learned to operate with integrity and high ethical standards, know and can do everything I ask of those how work in my team, Be the expert know the job do the difficult tasks, Give 100% of effort at all time.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Exciting
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KS 66442February 6, 2016
This is the place to be if you want a career that gives you the chance to travel and live around the world, such as Germany or Korea.
Great Organization
Senior Talent Manager (Current Employee) –  JBLMFebruary 6, 2016
Even with long days, everyday I was afforded the opportunity to help and mentor people in a variety of different ways; and that to me is a successful rewarding day.
Pros
Promotion opportunities
Cons
Exhausting long days
U.S. Army
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 6, 2016
I enjoyed the Army. The most enjoyable part about being in the Army was the sense of family and community within the company. The people I worked with made work not seem like work.
Changes your outlook on life
Fire Team Leader/Company Armourer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 6, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of anything from jumping out of airplanes, going to a shooting range, practicing skills, classes, fixing vehicles and maintaining a functional work place.
Its the Army
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma, WashingtonFebruary 5, 2016
Being in the military might be a learning experience but its not a job for everybody. You have to be disciplined, hard working, and ready to give your life to them.
Pros
Leave days (vacation)
Cons
name it
Proud to Serve
Parachute Infantry Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 5, 2016
I will miss all my coworkers, but I am glad to not be on call 24 hrs a day and 7 days a week and living out of 2 bags. Over all, it was a great experience.
Not for everyone
Signal Communictions (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 5, 2016
The days some times can be long and stressful, work starts at 6:30 AM and last most days till 5:00 PM. Some day due to job requirement you might need to stay till 10:00 PM. The life experience that you get is invaluable. You meet so many people from across the world in this job or as support personal. It is an environment all to its self
Pros
Medical, and Dental benifits
Cons
Deployments
Us army
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 5, 2016
Maintained a Secret Security Clearance while possesion of over 136 accountable soldiers. Maintained Secret documents to provide leadership for soldiers.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Bad Leadership
More than just a job.
Automotive Maintenance Warrant Officer (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA 98433February 5, 2016
A military service career develops not only hard and soft skills, but also teaches valuable life lessons. This invaluable training will prepare you for whatever future career aspirations you might have.
Pros
Travel, advancement and training.
Pushed to limits
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 5, 2016
Being in the military, made me realize that I could do more than I could imagine. It opened my eyes to different people and different cultures.
Unorganized and Strenuous Environment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Pickett, VAFebruary 5, 2016
The Army isn't what it used to be. Undisciplined Soldiers are entering into the military and we are expected to teach them what their parents failed to.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Ineffective Leaders
Great
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 5, 2016
The Army is a great place to be and thrive. The schedule is always set in stone and I always know what is expected of me. It has taught me so many things about the world and myself as well. I enjoy when it because it gives you a sense of purpose.
Great experience for life
Petroleum & Cargo Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 5, 2016
The military (US Army), is a great life experience for every person on the planet. It help you open up your mind about life, people and your limited view of the world. The unit and post you go to, can change everything you thought about life, race and culture, outside that 50 mile radius you call, home, you been living at your whole life. Join, and see for yourself.
Pros
People, Experiences, Places
Cons
Pay, Places, People
US Army Officer
Army officer (Current Employee) –  Ft. EustisFebruary 5, 2016
Great job. Great benefits. Great mission.

People first, mission always.

The people you work with are committed to the values of the Nation. Funding is bound by election and appointment processes in accordance with the Constitution. It is not a perfect system, but it is the best system of government in the world.

Moving is tough and can be hard on the family. Deployments are tough too. It is a mixed bag. You don't want to miss your family, but you won't want to spend the entire time on the bench either.
Pros
Benefits, Committment to something larger than self
Cons
Time away from family; frequent moves
Productive and Life Changing Experience
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 5, 2016
I've learned and gained a lot of valuable experience during my 23 years of service to our country. I've enjoyed the travel and meeting my brothers and sisters in arms.
Benefits
Cons
Long Deployments
Information Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 5, 2016
Professional environment