U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 35,244 reviews matching the search
Outstanding environment for learning many job skills and life skills
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 23, 2017
Often fast paced with a large list of daily objectives. You MUST work as a team to reach goals and accomplish the mission and any small achievement or mistake will effect your team and the company as a whole.
it was fun
Cavalry Scout (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 22, 2017
well. it was the army. I wanted a job where I would have stories to tell my future grandchildren. I wanted to do something nobody in my family has done sense ww2. so I became a cavalrymen
Best job i ever had
Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 22, 2017
long hours in the field balanced with 3 - 4 day weekends, strong leadership and the chance for advancement at your finger tips. Best job I ever had.
Great working experience
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 22, 2017
hard working environment, with great benefits to the working force. Family oriented. Away from family for long period of time
It is the Army
Aircraft Maintenance Production Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 22, 2017
Great place to learn and grow. Excelent team building enviroment, excelent instructors for teaching new pilots and great duty locations. This is a place to learn to do more with less.
Unlimited Career Opportunities
Cannon Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 22, 2017
The job is rewarding and challenging would recommend this job. Steady income, financial stability, 100% tuition assistance, and unlimited training and career opportunities.
Pros
Potential to grow through training opportunities.
Cons
No overtime, long deployments.
A Culture of strong, proud individuals; the world's greatest team
Private (E1) (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 22, 2017
Having only been a trainee, I only gained so much familiarity, but I met several individuals--other trainees as well as NCOs and officers--that exemplified the best of our nation. I received excellent and detailed instruction in various actions and communications, and had experiences that I will never forget.
Pros
Excellent culture, benefits, and experiences
Cons
Highly demanding lifestyle
Structured, engaging, and fast paced. Always professional
CH-47 Helicopter Repairer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYFebruary 22, 2017
This is a great place to start a career. You can not only learn your job but the work of others. This in turn makes you a well rounded individual that can adapt and overcome any obstacle you face. the environment is fast paced and structured. You are always held to a higher standard and maintain a professional appearance. There is always someone with the experience to help you when your in need and so the job at hand is always completed
Benefits
Cons
Not alot of extra time for family
Greatest part of my life besides my family!
Infantryman/team leader (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILFebruary 22, 2017
The greatest adventure of my life, the best team you will ever meet and the biggest rush of all! I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Pros
meet people, earn respect and learn tons!
Cons
War
The United States Army is a great organization to work.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 22, 2017
My day consisted of starting off with physical activity to keep our bodies in physical condition and always ready for deployment. I learned a multi echelon of things during my time in service but the most memorable moment for me was basic training. I had the opportunity to work with people from different cultures and beliefs. At the end of the day we all were there for one cause. To support and defend our great USA.The hardest part of my job is missing out on special moments with my daughters due to deployment. Graduations and the birth of my first grandson. The next hardest thing was losing a fellow soldier in combat. I love this job because you have the opportunity to learn out side of your field. You are trained and then cross trained.
Pros
Travel the world
Cons
Going into combat
a great work place
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 22, 2017
learned how to work with others. how to be a great leader. The typical day at work consist of checking the U.A.V. for any mistakes. the part that was most fun about the job was getting to meet new people and learn about other cultures.
Army
Mechanic/ prison guard (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 22, 2017
I had served 3.5 years active duty and was deployed 1 of those years also stationed in korea for a year. The military had taught me alot about myself and other when under stressful situations
Pros
travel
Cons
down time
i lved it
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GA 31315February 22, 2017
I loved it should of stayed in longer, if I could go back in I would in a second. it was great it was great you meet new people all the time from all over the world and the benefits are good for you and your family
Pros
guareented pay
Cons
away from family
Good Structure
Equal Opportunity (EO) Advisor/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Ft. Huachuca, AZFebruary 22, 2017
Military has a good structure for individuals to plan out career goals and achieve them. It teaches critical thinking, teamwork and attainment of goals globally.
Great place to start a career.
Information Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDFebruary 22, 2017
A great place to begin (or spend) a career. Benefits are great, and although OPTEMPO is very high and personal freedom is sometimes sacrificed for the needs of the organization, overall job satisfaction is very high.
Pros
Travel, lots of vacation, training and education
Cons
deployments, bureaucracy
Productive work environment and culture
Wheel Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Richardson, AKFebruary 22, 2017
Room for growth and development. I learned discipline, loyalty, and duty. The hardest thing of the job is the sacrifices you make for your country.
Excelent oppurtuniy for motivated individuals
Nuclear Disablement Team Liaison (Current Employee) –  Kirtland AFB, NMFebruary 22, 2017
Been serving for almost 23 years and have enjoyed my time in the Army. Have deployed 4 times to two theaters of operation.
Loved it and miss it
14J Artillery and Missile Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX 76544February 22, 2017
I really miss the service. the comraderie was second to none. Going to different places around the world was a lot of fun too except for the combat zones
best blace i have ever worked.
Diesel Vehicle Senior Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 22, 2017
I loved being in the military. The work place, what I have learned and the brothers and sisters you make. You get to experience things some people never get to in their whole life.
Cons
lots of relocating and being away from family.
Army
Office Clerk/Animal Adopter at Shelter (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYFebruary 22, 2017
You work hard and defend your country. You do what your are told when you are told to do so. You work out together every day with your company that you are assign too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4