U.S. Army
19,364 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Great experience with no regrets
Operation NCO (Former Employee), Schenectady, New YorkJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great experience, makes you appreciate life.
Cons: deployments
Typical day of worth for me consisted of developing training plans for my unit roughly between the hours of 7:30am to 5:00pm.

I was also a Platoon Sergeant over 24+ Soldiers

The hardest part of the job was being deployed overseas away from your family

the most enjoyable part is knowing that i served my country to the best of my ability and making Soldiers successful
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Lab Manager (NCOIC) (Former Employee), Fort McClellan, ALJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: challenging work with good and motivated people.
Cons: subject to working odd and frequently long hours of the day and night.
I was a laboratory technician and worked in different areas... From drawing blood in the drawing room and blood donor center to running tests in hematology, chemistry, bacteriology and assorted other sections to working with the pathologist in performing autopsy's in the morgue and, eventually as the NCOIC (non-commissioned officer in charge) of the entire lab.
Excellent place to work
Intelligence NCO (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Long but excited days to work
Learned to listen and resolve any issues under extreme circumstances
Overall great co-workers in general
Sometimes time restrictions are challenging
Enjoy helping, coaching, leading and teaching fellow soldiers in combat as well as in the peace time
hooah
Infantry Soldier/Scout Reconnaissance Sniper (Former Employee), fort drum, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: rangers and snipers
Cons: fat lazy people
guns. bombs. PT. medics. hazing and harassment. the middle east. those are what you get to look forward to in the army. hooah?
Army
Active Duty Soldier (Former Employee), Vicenza, Italy and Ft. Campbell, KYJanuary 24, 2015
There really wasn't a typical day at work. You never knew what was going to happen one day to the next.
The pay was good as long as you had all your bills in order and it was a constant paycheck with benefits.
Went in to be able to pay for school and that was probably the best part along with being able to travel.
A great enviornment to succeed.
Army (Current Employee), sheboygen WisconsonJanuary 24, 2015
A typical day is you start at 7am stand in formation until the co (commanding officer) comes out "manager" he then tells you how the day will be. it can consist of classes, vehicle maintenance, combat training, first aid training ect.. Threw out the day you interact with the fellow soldier getting to know them. messing with the new guys and girls
life learning expericing
Specialist (Former Employee), el paso txJanuary 24, 2015
learned how to manage things in a timely order. working with other people in a daily manner
Good environment to gain Skills
Ground Support Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), Ft. CampbellJanuary 24, 2015
The various skills obtainable vary by job. But a quick overview is time management, stress management, cognizance of your fellows, operating in a high paced, high stress environment.
Exciting work place
Logistics Plans Officer, Captain (CPT) O (Former Employee), Joint Base Lewis/McChord WA 98433January 24, 2015
Pros: discipline
A typical day consists of physical fitness training in the morning and later field, office, personnel management throughout the day. It is a very challenging and very rewarding career which I still practice as a member of the Army Reserve, but this time as a part time career.
Very high paced and strenuous work environment, but very rewarding.
Air and Missile Defense Operator (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free healthcare, education, and decent salary
Cons: family time, always moving locations, high work load
The US Army was a very unique experience for me. It led me into trying many new things, but also had some bad aspects such as family life. I got to travel around the world, but spent lots of days away from home. It taught me very important life lessons, and i would recommend it to anyone.
Medical Coder (GS Employee) (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 23, 2015
My long term experience in the healthcare industry has taught me how to focus on resolution to health care issues. I have assisted Physicians and fellow employees in all types of settings.
Recommended for people that need to work before college
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fort Jackson, SCJanuary 23, 2015
Sometimes can be political. SHARP program is full of flaws. Legal system is not fair. Work is very satisfying. Benefits are the greatest bar none. You gain valuable experience.
Great experience
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 23, 2015
This is a once in a lifetime experience!

The United States Army is not only a great place to begin any career, it is also a wonderful place to develop a successful career.

The culture is wonderful and employees are encouraged to be innovators in everything they do.

You can travel and see the world. There is opportunity to advance in your career and in schooling.

The hardest part of this job is missing out on your family's lives. With the travelling, you aren't going to be working where you grew up and won't always be near family.
Room for advancement and experience.
Health Care Specialist (Combat Medic) (Former Employee), Ft. Huachuca, ArizonaJanuary 23, 2015
The US Army is a great place to experience new things and travel. The training is hard but it prepares you for the world. Most people become better people after their experiences. It is also the best way to give back to the people of this nation.
Production
Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Joint Base Lewis McChordJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: schools, traveling, benefits
Cons: deployments
My Typical day of work consist of Managing a consolidate Motor Pool with making sure all vehicles stay within the guidelines stated by the Department of Defense. My other responsibilities was as a fleet manager to track how much money we spend on parts and equipment for all our vehicles.

I also trained 12 Soldiers in military training. I love working with my co-workers, they made my job less stressful, because they had a grasp on their job.

Hardest part of my job was deploying and leaving my family behind, and adapting to a new environment when being deployed.

most enjoyable was learning about my job as a fleet manager, going to different classes to learn about my job made life easier in the Army.
Great
Team leader/ Sergeant/ E-5 (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 23, 2015
The United States Army was a fantastic learning experience that taught me the power of hard work and dedication. I have met people that will be lifelong friends and developed a skill set that only a few possess. My time in the Army consisted of both the best and the worst times of my life, but it played no small part in making me who I am today.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the diverse group of people that persevered through any challenge, which encouraged me to do the same. It was truly a unique experience.
Made me the man i am today.
(H-60) General Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Army life can be very turbulent but in the long run it did great things for my family and I. However, it’s just time for my family and I to look elsewhere. It teaches you discipline and self worth and how to be a team with everyone
Good experiance
91B Wheel Vehicle Mechanic in the Army (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: uncertain how long we were going to be away from home
A typical day will consist of an early wake up to do some exercise. During the work hours would depend on what the Training Sceduale. We could have anything from Classes to going to the firing range to go shoot some weapons. The co workers were from all walks of life. The hardest part, was the Army is always changing so we had to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. The most enjoyable part was the experience, got to travel and learn skills that can only be trained in.
A way of life
Technical Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 23, 2015
As a soldier you are required to do multiple tasks but you get to choose your main job position.
Professional Organization
United States Army Crew Chief (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: sense of pride, benefits, pay
This career was an honor to have. I attended the police academy daily and it was a training environment. I learned that this job is much harder than it looks and that it takes a special individual to perform these duties. The hardest part for me was leaving the job that I had always wanted. Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to move on.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more