U.S. Army
17,249 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

it was a great place to learn responsibility and also learn to work as a team
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), fort drum new yorkOctober 19, 2014
usually we would show up to work recirculate the fuel in the truck and test the fuel to ensure it was ready for the work day. We had to check the lines of our trucks to make sure the area was clean and the all the equipment was lined up. every morning we also have to do preventive maintenance on all equipment and annotate and fix any problems that so – more... happen to come up. The management I was working with during my military career was good people that was always willing to lend an helping hand. – less
a
Strategic Plans and Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Shafter, HIOctober 19, 2014
Pros: traveling, school, and advancement
Cons: staying late, early days, and less family time
A typical workday would be waking up around 5am to go for a run or do some form of a workout then at 9am work would start with your average daily reports such as personal status reports.
Job security is great, leadership is not.
Airborne Infantry Squad/Section Leader (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, North CarolinaOctober 19, 2014
Pros: tests your metal and reaches you to never quit
Cons: micromanagement
Love being part of a team and leading a team. Proud of everything I did and was able to accomplish. The micro managing from people who have never experienced what you did or were doing, was bothersome because it often times unneccesarily made your goal harder to accomplish.
Team leader at 1st BCT (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 19, 2014
Pros: leadership skills, commitment, teamwork
Cons: 24hr shifts, away from family, mental and physical exhaustion exercises
First thing we do is formation and then do pt exercise which consists of different activities. After pt we eat breakfast and get ready for the day. A typical day can consist of different activities and details. The hardest part of the job is the long days.
Served with Honor
Senior Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: everyday was a learning experience.
Required to prepare the Soldiers of tomorrow for the battlefield of the future.
Fun but diffrent life style
TEAM LEADER / WEAPONS SQUAD (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXOctober 19, 2014
You do not get to do you actual job often but when you do you are held to a high standard.
Typical Day
Tactical Data Specialist (Current Employee), Lawton, OKOctober 19, 2014
During a typical day, we are used to long hours, many without meals, and sleeping outside. The Army values hold true in how we are family and brotherhood.
Where I learned to be productive, disciplined and push the limits of my own strength to earn sense of pride in who I am and what I can achieve.
Supply Noncommissioned Officer (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 19, 2014
As a supply technician / audit control specialist my job was to provide services in support of inventory control, storage and distribution, cataloging or supply identification systems, property utilization, or other related supply activities including those associated with multiple automated or manual supply accounting systems. As a supply noncommissioned – more... officer managed organizational materials and resource tracking. Assisted /performed all Property Book operations in the areas of inventory and storage management, and equipment coordination. Ensure the property book sections are all up to date; periodically perform a visual inventory of all items. Establishes hand receipt files and maintains accountability by the use of hand receipt listings. Assure that all authorized property is on hand or has been requisitioned. Coordinate the assignment and transfer of company inventory, schedule, direct and conduct periodic inspections, to insure stock items are serviceable condition, properly stored, accounted for and maintained. The supply sergeant is responsible for identifying and reporting all deficiencies to equipment and or discrepancies to Property Book inventory.
I learned to be meticulous and never take things for granted and always check to make sure. The hardest part of my job was leaving something half done till the next day. I would much rather to just complete the job all in one day rather than wait. I believe the most enjoyable part of my job was the feeling of accomplishment I got when the job was to standard and ahead of schedule. I take pleasure in my work. In the military teamwork is everything. We learn to do the best you can for as long as you can for yourself and the person next to you; battle buddy system. Also that it is more advantageous and useful in life to be flexible and it is to be strong. – less
Loved serving my country
Reconessence Scout (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYOctober 19, 2014
Pros: paid fun
Cons: 20 hour work days
Loved the old Team.
Had allot of fun at the ranges and in the field.
Even the slow days sitting around cleaning weapons with the guys was fun.
Had all this fun and got paid to do it.
Only left top peruse college so I can go back as officer.
Its not all fun and games, there where days I worked harder, colder, more wet, and tired than ill probably ever – more... experience again in my life. – less
11B-Infantry
Sergeant (Former Employee), Killeen, TXOctober 19, 2014
Pros: worked for government
Training in ground combat, Team Leadership, Strategic in battle and Sniper training, Sergeant Training, which included integrating with a new squad, organizing and executing tasks. Deployed to Iraq from 10/05 to 02/07
good learning oppertunity
Abrams Tank Crew Member (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COOctober 19, 2014
being in the military gave me an opportunity to learn and perfect skills that I otherwise wouldn't of been able to. while also being able to have the option to continue my education into other fields of study thru the schools both offered by the military and the benefits gained from being in that allowed me to go to schools after my departure.
Always kept busy, good instructors while in training.
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (91B) (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VAOctober 18, 2014
I liked doing what i did because it was something different everyday. I met a lot of really cool people from all over the world. I was fortunate and had really good instructors while i was in training. The hardest part about it was the amount of pressure i was under while being tested on my abilities, but it kept me focused and got me used to working – more... under pressure. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hands on work that we got to do everyday. I really enjoy getting dirty and working with my hands. It makes me feel like I've really earned my paycheck when it comes around. Unfortunately, I was unable to continue my stay in the Army due to a failed PT run by 5 seconds. – less
Army Life
Private First Class (Current Employee), Fort WainwrightOctober 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: overworked
A day at work is very rewarding. to be able to meet different types of people and all cultures to work together as a team was the best experience of my life
I met a lot of great patrons and loved hearing their stories.
Military Police (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYOctober 18, 2014
This job was by far my favorite. I connected with the residents and loved to make them laugh.
The hard part was getting attached and then one day they just pass on.
Exciting, dependable, and good job security.
Senior Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKOctober 18, 2014
Working for the Army provided me with a lot of experances I would never have gotten any where else, not only in my field but in life itself.
Productive healthy work Environment.
Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIOctober 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, job security, excercise
Cons: long hours
You will learn how to be responsible and lead other. There is lots of room for advancement if you strive to be your best.
Great benefits and experience.
Multimedia Illustrater/ Graphics Designer (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOOctober 18, 2014
Pros: relaxed work hours and work load.
Cons: not much room for advancement. 25m promotions were few and far between.
Real world experience and relative up to date training in designing and graphics.

worked in both USASOC (Psychological Operations) and TRADOC (US Army CBRN School) as a designer.

USASOC work schedules and day to day performances were mild to light work load in garrison in the states and heavy, intermediate work load overseas on deployments.

TRADOC – more... workload and daily schedules were opposite of USASOC. Different environment and overall experience. Me personally, I much rather enjoyed USASOC.

Most enjoyable experiences were the many travel opportunities, cool work projects overseas with real world people and exposure.

Hardest part is being away from family and working in hostile combat zones. – less
Great Opportunity for young leaders to gain experience
Civil Affairs Strategic Planner (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDOctober 18, 2014
Great training for young leaders. Learned a lot about different cultures.
Logistic
SGM E9 (Former Employee), Fort Myer, VAOctober 18, 2014
A sergeant major in the U.S. military is a noncommissioned officer of the highest rank above master sergeant, paygrade E8, and just below warrant officer. It generally takes at least 20 years to attain the rank of Army sergeant major. The Army place great trust in the leadership abilities of their sergeants major. The sergeant major of the Army are – more... the top enlisted positions in their respective services.

Normally, a sergeant major is assigned to the largest Army units, including battalions and aviation squadrons and above. The specific duties of a sergeant major usually depend on the size of the military unit to which he or she is assigned. Within their assigned units sergeants major serve as the bridge between the enlisted troops and their commanders. Sergeants major in the Army units also assist with logistics, drilling and the good order and discipline of enlisted troops. – less
Squad leader
Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Dix, NJOctober 18, 2014
Pros: satisfaction of doing my job and patient interaction
Cons: n/a
Enjoy leading my troops and my job, I have learned allot about clinical duties, working together and leading troops. Most important part of my job is helping people and satisfying customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more