U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 29,542 reviews matching the search
Wonderful
Organizational Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAApril 30, 2016
I enjoyed my time in the Army. It was a tough decision to leave, but I left in order to progress my education in exercise sciences. Eventually, I plan to give back to the military community as a physical therapist.
Great
Medic (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 30, 2016
Great place to figure out what you would like to do with your life. The pay is decent and you leave with benefits towards furthering your education.
Productive place to work
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYApril 30, 2016
Great place to learn the fundamentals of your chosen field at a much faster pace than college. Continous hands on experience
Great career benefits for self and dependents
Human Intelligence Collector (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 30, 2016
It is understood that the task of being a U.S. soldier is not an easy one, so time to wind down is ensured since anyone can be called to work at any point in a 24-hr day.
Pros
Great benefits, financially secure
Cons
Toxic leaders are not uncommon
Its the Army
Aviation Life Support Equipment Repairer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAApril 30, 2016
The army and the military in general is not for everyone but I enjoyed it and think that everyone should have a turn defend our rights as Americans
Professional Environment
RECRUITING OFFICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 30, 2016
Was able to have great leadership responsibilities that constantly challenged and developed my capabilities, all in a positive manner. Was surrounded by the utmost professionals, but was uncomfortable with personnel being able to get promoted to leadership positions without proper leadership skills.
Proud to serve my country
Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 30, 2016
My military experience was life changing and fulfilling. It taught me to survive in hostile situations, interacting with other nations and building life long skills that I continue to use till this very moment. The Army gave me the strength to adapt and overcome obstacles in my life.
Pros
Challenging, Rewarding and Empowering
Cons
Hardships of Wars and the military way of life.
Teamwork encouraged
Logistics Supply NCO (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAApril 30, 2016
The Army is a diverse environment and teamwork is encouraged to accomplish the mission. Workplace environment can be less than stellar. Combat zones are hazardous.
Pros
Pension potential
Positive
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  South KoreaApril 30, 2016
Learning experience is grate changed my life and will go through it another time. Help me understand what war is. learned about comrade and how to understand how life works
Pros
Froends
Cons
War
Military Culture
FINANCIAL LIABILITY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Hunter Army Airfield, GAApril 30, 2016
Professional yet fun. Ever learning and moving forward. Always challenged to go beyond comfort level. Doing it all while defending one's own country.
Pros
Travel and excellent benefits
Cons
Sometimes extremely long hours
U.S. Army review
All-Source Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 30, 2016
I loved being in the Army. Somedays were bad, somedays were good. I guess you just learn to live in the suck and when something great happens you're in awe.
Army
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSApril 29, 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day in the Army. Leadership training and getting to serve others. Senior management is hard to work with. I enjoyed working with like minded individuals.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Toxic Leadership
Fair Treatment
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 29, 2016
Almost everyday we have work loads. I've learned to be more patient than I'm already am. My leaders always make sure we do our work. my co-workers attitude are manageable. I always go with the flow regardless of work load and as long as i get my work done at the end of the day and accomplish whatever task they give me.
Pros
1 hour and 30 mins lunch
Cons
wake up super early and get off super late but its okay.
Lifetime of Experience
Satellite Communications System Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Detrick, MDApril 29, 2016
U.S Army is great organization to learn about not only a career but about life. In the 14 years that I was I was able to meet many different personal and work in many different situations.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Family time
Fun and good Experiance.
Combat medic (Former Employee) –  Washington StateApril 29, 2016
You'll have a full experience good and bad some will leave with heart ache and pain and some will walk away stronger as a being and more sympathetic to others. You must be strong in the heart and body.
Pros
NREMT
Cons
people
Disciplined Work place
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COApril 29, 2016
The Army helped me become a mature adult. It helped me to become disciplined in everything that I do. They have a good work environment. The workplace was professional and casual at times. It was a great experience!
A hardworking enviroment, job, a lot of stress to work around
Food Service, Trainer, Shift Leader, First Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAApril 29, 2016
A typical day would be like going to work at 3 in the morning, making breakfast for anywhere between 300 to 500 soldiers. Making sure that the food gets done on time. Making sure that the bacon and sausage would not get burnt. That everything was done in a timely manner.
I learned a lot from being in the Army and being a cook. It is a very demanding job. There is a lot of responsibility when it comes to cooking. Your boss would sometimes show up, and check to make sure that things were being done properly. That we were using recipes. I had some really great bosses that I worked with. Then again I had 1 or 2 that were really hard to get along with.
Being able to work with the people that I did was a rewarding experience. Because each person had different talents and different ways of cooking. Being a cook with them, you have to work as a team. Else it will be a miserable time back there.
I would have to say that working with the people that I did,was my enjoyable time.
Pros
after lunch, being able to get some down time, free meals, health care
Cons
short breaks, long hours, doing physical training after being on your feet for 12 plus hours
Good team to be on...
Global Operations Integrator (Current Employee) –  Rock Island Arsenal, ILApril 29, 2016
Army careers vary depending on branch (job) but a common thread is that you are expected to pull your weight and live by the Army values no matter what your job is.
Pros
Health care, lots of opportunity
Cons
some degree of toxic leadership
Great experience
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXApril 29, 2016
Great experience with lots of people i will be friends with for the rest of my life. The commitment to excellence and the willingness to follow the Army values is immaculate.
Productive Customer service
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bliss, TXApril 29, 2016
Performed postal operations within the APO. Interfaced directly with the customers to assist them with the mailing their items provided postal finance services to include collection of postage, sale of postage stamps, money orders, and accountable mail services. Conducted parcel inspections to include removal of non-mail-able items, re-packing, taping and sealing, and labeling items for mailing. Distributed mail to mail clerks for assigned units during unit mail call. Performed directory services to include forwarding miss-directed, insufficiently addressed, change of address, and return to sender mail.
Pros
30 days of leave a year
Cons
Deployed

4.4