U.S. Army Employee Reviews in United States

Found 31,177 reviews matching the search
as
68W Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 28, 2016
Best experience I have ever had, I feel as if I made a difference in many lives. I was allowed to observe procedures outside of my scope of practice.
It is the outstanding career feel and I believe everyone should participate in serving their country.
Chemical Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 28, 2016
Consistently demonstrate expertise and professional practice with knowin consistently demonstrate expertise and professional practice, excellent report children early we handicapped individuals I was standing in a personal skills and communication skills enjoy working with the public dropped 15 player who effective and self-motivated work independently
Great job
Computer Network Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 27, 2016
Great oppourtunities and lots of fast paced work. lots of chances to elf study and is great for a self motivated person
It takes a lot to be in the 1%
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJuly 27, 2016
The military has good benefits, and you get to travel, serve your country and provide for your family. The military has given a lot of people a chance to go to places they've never been and only dreamed of. Only the strong will survive. The military is only made up of 1% of our popultion in the country.
Pros
Benefits, Housing, traveling
Cons
your job isn't the only thing you do, you always have to answer to someone else
very productive
Unit Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 27, 2016
This was the best experience of my life, i was able to meet wonderful people, i learned about different cultures, i had so much fun, i didn't care for when we went out into the field but i got use of it.
Serving
Medical Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2016
My Military experience was excellent. My family and I traveled around the world and my kids experienced many things not available to most kids. Benefits were great and now that I am retired the benefits continue.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Separations from family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 27, 2016
Being enlisted in the United States Army allowed me to work in a structured environment with guaranteed pay and benefits for me and my four children.
Great Start
PROVOST MARSHAL SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJuly 27, 2016
I enjoyed my time in the Army. I got to serve my nation and learned great life skills. The Certification I gathered from the Army will help when starting a new chapter in my life.
Pros
Benifits, Training
Cons
Hours
The life of a Petroleum Supply Specialist and Human Resources Supervisor in the Army
Human Resources/Training NCO (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 27, 2016
A typical day as a Petroleum Specialist can be long at times with the refueling of trucks and aircraft's. You have to be prepared for any kind of emergencies that could accrue at any given moment. From something small like a minor spill to a huge fire or explosion. As a Human Resources Manager is different because the hardest thing may be a difficult person to help or someone missing with your files. My co-workers were some of the best people I've ever met. Being in the military taught me to watch out for the person next to you at all times. The hardest part about it was being deployed away from my family four separate times ranging from 8 months to 15 months away from them. The most enjoyable times were being able to meet new people and train new personnel and watch them become leaders themselves.
Pros
Healthcare, Education, Travel
Cons
Deployments, Salary
Military
Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 27, 2016
Worked closely with 50 to 100 people daily. Trained soldiers for combat deployments. Long days. Working with multiple cultures. Worked paperwork for myself and other soldiers. Multiple teaching opportunities for subordinate personnel.
Pros
Health Care, Time off, Deployments
Cons
Salary, Away from family
Exciting and fun place to work.
Director of Logistics Plans & Operations (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 27, 2016
Awesome career choice. I loved the co-workers, management was usually pretty good and the hardest part of the job was deployments, during which you get extra pay....all in all, not to bad.
Pros
Great health care and benefits - unmatched in the civilian sector.
Cons
The unpredictability of your schedule is difficult to deal with when planning the rest of your life.
Required Summary
Target Analyst Reporter / TDNA (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 27, 2016
This has been required but I have loved my time in the U.S. Army. I would go back and do it all over again. It is time for me to move on however.
Pros
travel, job security, oppurtunity
US Army changing culture
Aviation Officer (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 27, 2016
The culture in the Army has changed over the last 10 years. When I joined the Army was like a family. Soldiers looked out for Soldier. Currently the culture is more of put yourself first and do what it takes to look better than your peers. I have watched soldiers through their peers under the bus to look better and advance their careers. Senior leadership that keep advancing seem to care more about their careers than what they are doing to their soldiers. I really hope this is just a product of the Army's downsizing and it will go back to the Army that leadership cares more about their soldiers than their careers.
Benefits
Cons
Not at home a lot
Excellent complany to work for.
Logistics Supply Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 27, 2016
Everyday is different but rewarding. The hardest part was leaving and moving on to a different career field. I learned many areas of logistics and how to deal with people of all backgrounds.
Benefits you and your future.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 27, 2016
Being apart panther U.S. Army can be very rewarding for ones career and future. Getting free training, money for school, and plenty of other benefits can approve to be well for you, if you can bare all the conditions.
great service.
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  worldwideJuly 27, 2016
I have learned a lot over the course of my career and the Army gave me the training and opportunities to do so. The days are long and the contributions you make are great, however there is a huge payoff. The hardest part of the job was the deployments.
Pros
Opportunities abound
Cons
Time away from home
Challenging and rewarding workplace.
Fire Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 27, 2016
I enjoyed my time in the military, but I am ready to move on to the transition out of the military. The army taught me disclipline, physical and mental toughness, how to be a leader, and how to adapt and overcome any situation that I am put into.
Benefits
Cons
Time away from family
An independent thinker, team player and a self-starter with strong interpersonal communication and creative problem solving aptitude
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Pentagon, DCJuly 27, 2016
There is nothing like serving in the United States Military Services. The people you meet, the places you go and knowing that you are a part of something greater than yourself is priceless. While being in the military you learn very quickly Live not exist.
experience to have
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJuly 27, 2016
Inspection on equipment, moving heavy equipment, paperwork, ordering parts, training, road testing the equipment that got fixed, equipment services, installing parts, troubleshooting faults
Army
Sergeant/Section Chief (Former Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AK, Fort Riley, KSJuly 26, 2016
Your Army experience will vary depending on your leadership. Overall the moral in the Army is low. This is due to nobody ever knowing what's going on and everything changing daily. Many people in the Army know that there job is very secure as long as they pass the PT test. Therefore many people do not want to do work unless motivated in a positive or negative way. There are many good soldiers but also the same amount of soldiers that are useless. The Army is a good job for someone who has little motivation. I have seen many people be successful even if they do little work or care about their job at all. The main reason I got out was because I was unhappy because I worked really hard and was frustrated to see that people that didn't care about their job be just as successful.
Pros
Benefits, 30 of leave
Cons
poor leadership

4.4