U.S. Army
20,790 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

It was the US Army what else can I say.
Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee), Tacoma, WaMarch 29, 2015
Any US military organization, is a good place for young people to start their life. The older you get the harder it is to deal with, deployments, constant relocation and missing important mile stones.
I could describe, what I did but the over all picture of life in the military, in my case US Army is to much for me to put it in a nutshell. I learned a lot about self motivation, dedication and getting along with a cross section of people. Bottom line is you either end up hating it or loving it.
Good learning Experience
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: being able to travel
Cons: unexpected hours to work
To maintain and order supplies for troops assigned to unit, turn in supplies no longer needed or in service. Maintain property records, and assign supplies to soldiers with proper documentation, charge soldiers for damaged or lost supplies while maintaining the funds for quarterly issuance of supplies. Made sure supply department was always in accordance with regulation standards as well as making sure that supplies assigned to unit were never lost or charged.
Productive and learning environment
Power Train Helicopter Mechanic - Kuwait (Former Employee), Camp Buehring, KuwaitMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Getting to work on very expensive aircraft.
Cons: Being away from family for a very long periods of time.
Do inventory of all tools.
Continue the work flow to keep the aircraft from being grounded.
Order all parts that are needed for each phase.
Make sure all chemicals are up to date to be used and ready.
Do inventory of all parts required for bench stock.
Do all priority jobs that are mission sensitive.
Holidays Fashions
Cargo Specialist/Training Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Eustis, VAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, discounts
Cons: Minimum wage
At Holidays Fashions, a typical day would consist of at the start of the shift, I would count down the register to relieve the co-work before me. Then I would make sure that the customers and management are saitisfied, with my service that I provided. I learn to be nice and kind to people, and give them an attitude that is conducive to the enviroment. My co-workers where great. We all had different backgrounds, and worked together to make coming to work, an exciting experience each day. The worst part of the job would be unorganized leadership. The most enjoyable time would be when we come together, and plan functions to spend together as a family.
Great place to work. Its a lifestyle not just a job
Recovery Vehicle Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMarch 29, 2015
Pros: 30 days paid vacation, all federal holidays off, and great benefits
Cons: Seperation from family
In my 20 years of service I have learned to be a better leader as well as a good follower. I learned how to manage a wide range and diverse group of people.

The Army is not just a job but a way of life and in order to be a successful Soldier you must embrace that fact. You do not work 9 to 5 and often times you will make many sacrifices but it is well worth all of them.

I owe the Army a great deal because the organization has shaped me into the man I am today and for that I will be forever grateful!

Army Strong

Michael
Loved the Military
12B20 Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Ft. Devens, Mass.March 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for this company. My co workers were very supportive and there was a great team spirit in the workplace and I felt that this was an overall positive experience in my buisness life.
Great Experience
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Riverside, ILMarch 29, 2015
Had a great time in the service. Learned alot and walked away a better person. Great co-workers made friends that will last a life time.
Productive workplace. Best place to serve this country.
Instructor Writer (Former Employee), Fort Eustis, VAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: The honor to serve this beaytifull country. Good pay, benefits, vacation time. lso the trill of visit remotes areas in the country and around the word.
Cons: Be apart from family for long times.
Is a day to day learning experience. Where you learn to follow first before learning to be a leader. Learned to manage, supervise, and teach personnel on a daily basis. My co workers were dedicated to unit and each others. The hardest part of the job is the end of it. And the most enjoyable part of the job is the supervision, and teaching of Soldiers.
BATTALION VEHICLE MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Fort Stewart, GAMarch 29, 2015
US Army will train you to be the fullest. They will guide you, teach, coach and mentor you to be the best that you can be. The opportunity to go to school is unlimited. The benefits is outstanding.
It was fun
Weapons Mechanic/Inventor (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAMarch 29, 2015
I had fun during my time in the Army and it was an experience I would not trade it for the world! The interactions with different cultures and backgrounds have brought a new insight to my young vibrant life.
Military Police
DESK SERGEANT / MILITARY POLICE OFFICER (Current Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Training, Stability, Insurance
Cons: Deployments, time away from family
The Unitied States Army Military Police Corp is the backbone of the Army that requires honest, intelligent, problem solving Soldiers within the ranks. I had a great time as a Military Police Officer serving in Iraq, Afghanistan and Garrison.
a great place to find out who and what kind of person you are
All Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), ft hood texasMarch 29, 2015
Pros: good friends
Cons: deploying to iraq and afghanistan
the hardest but most enjoyable thing about the army was adapting to new rules and enforcing all the standards. it was a good place to learn leadership as well as team work
Once in a lifetime experience
infantryman I (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: More weekends and longer holiday weekends than a civilian job, great health benifits, money for college
Cons: terrible pay if enlisted, hazardous environments, long field exercises, time away from family.
Infantryman was a high stress environment at all times, with a constant press for time. Through daily operations, tasks, and overall job functions, I was given the ability to further myself under the most harsh conditions in order to better understand my capabilities in the worst conditions possible.
Military life is good
Specialist (Former Employee), Killeen TxMarch 29, 2015
-Early mornings and late nights is my way of life.
-Team work and team management is how I get the job done.
-Show me the work and I won't let the job fail.
-Forklift driving Warehouse operations and large tasks are only part of the fun.
Great Life Experience
INFANTRYMAN (Current Employee), Fort Drum,NYMarch 29, 2015
Great Life experience. I learned allot in the army.
VERY LONG HOURS
I was never closer to any co-workers I have ever had.
You have to be ok with being away from your family for long periods of time/
Wonderful
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMarch 29, 2015
Pros: The healthcare and GI bill
Cons: Some of the people you encouter
The Army is the Army. It has alot to offer but requires alot in return. Was a field artilleryman for 8 years over 2 deployments and i loved every minute of it.
Being able to meet new people and travel.
Utilities Equipment Repairer (Former Employee), Ft. Lee, VAMarch 29, 2015
Being in the Army, you are able to travel to different places that you have never been. A typical day at work would consist of waking up early and attending physical training then going off to do your job. I was also able to make many new friends that I could trust.
Human Resource Specialist
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAMarch 29, 2015
I grew as a more disciplined individual. I assisted Soldiers with their finances, leave, awards, and any other related paperwork for promotion. Soldiers loved my customer service and the ability I had to get the job done. I was awarded several awards for my excellent work In the United States Army.
It was the life of a soldier
Technician & Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free housing, Free meals, Free Health care, Skill set training, discipline
Cons: High stress, low pay, lack of personal time
This position was a high stress environment at all times, with a constant press for time. Through daily operations, tasks, and overall job functions, I was given the ability to further myself under the most harsh conditions in order to better understand my capabilities in the worst conditions possible.
Military Life
Battalion Tasking NCO and SHARP Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Everything provided for you and your family if you need it
Cons: Family Readiness Groups are ineffective
Good Paying Stable job for those it suits. Not for everyone. Must be willing to go anywhere at anytime in the right uniform at the right time and the right place.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries