U.S. Army

23.6K reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Productive work enviroment
Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TexasAugust 2, 2015
Productive and positive work place with supportive management. It's not just about how you get the job done but also how you develop as a person.
U.S. Army
Senior Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Hunter Army Airfield, GAAugust 2, 2015
Amazing opportunity to work with brave and selfless men and women in high stress and rewarding situations. Reliable and well structured organization that values and reward hard work, dedication and excellence.
Awesome experience
Ammunition Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 2, 2015
I loved this life experience. Would definitely go back if i had the chance! Some parts of my job were boring but it all depends on your job.
Productive and fun work place
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Flex Time (hours)
Cons: Healthcare, vacation and sick leave
I enjoy my time working with the military and serving al the Soldier that I meet, and the experience was very rewarding. The experience has impacted my life and I also was an impact in the Soldiers life with my daily duties that I performed for the United States Army.
It's what you make of it.
Operations supervisor, Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAAugust 2, 2015
It's what you make of it. If you a hard head off the street that thinks nobody going to tell them what to do then you in the wrong job.
Automatic Logistics (Former Employee), KY,Nc, and HIAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Career
Cons: none
My job in the army was very productive.I learned how to order parts for the military vehicles in the warehouse.I also learned how to be a leader.I enjoyed having a career.
Productive work place
Ammunition Specialist, Army (Former Employee), Columbia,SCAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Free meals, advanced pay and benefits
Cons: Hot environment
There was never a dull moment and there was always work to be done, everything that was done taught a valuable lesson from taking the initiative to establishing discipline. The work built character and taught you your limits and helped one push past those limits, the managers or drill sergeants were helpful and informative of everything going on. The parts that were enjoyable was the unpredictable schedule it kept me on my toes and there was something different to be accomplished everyday.
Productive Hardworking place
Sniper Team Leader (Current Employee), TexasAugust 2, 2015
The United States Army instills hard work ethic and discipline among its ranks. An organization with great camaraderie and standards which allow it to accomplish a wide range of tasks.
Senior Food Operations Manager
Senior Food Operations Sergeant (Former Employee), Multiple StatesAugust 2, 2015
Responsible for Multiple restaurants and personnel on a daily basis. Training over 120 personnel on cost analysis and food production.
Very productive work environment with a greater purpose
Squad Leader / interim Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 2, 2015
Pros: I enjoyed the responsibilities of being a supervisor and loved the Army
Cons: Being away from home (4 children)
As a Jungle Operations / Survival Instructor and Infantry Squad Leader, I trained, coached and mentored 800 students during 6 week training courses in mountaineering, survival, crossing waterborne obstacles and basic jungle warfighting techniques. I was responsible for directing deployment and employment of personnel. I supervised, educated and collected intelligence information, distributed administrative and training documents; trained subordinate personnel. Throughout my tenure in the Army, I
supervised, and served and lead as a member of an infantry unit of 10-20 persons, trained, coached and mentored students
during 6 week training courses in mountaineering and survival through rough tropical conditions.
A life time experience
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYAugust 2, 2015
Pros: The oppritunity to serve with the best of the best
Cons: Deployments
With 24 years of service it taught me a lot about life and maturing at a young age. Best decision I made and have been proud to serve my country.
Logistic
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNAugust 1, 2015
Provided a full range of operational logistical support across the country and overseas; the work included providing operational logistical support and managing the overall logistic processes in support of Special Operation' mission objectives; leveraging existing networks and expanding others; anticipating mission needs and operational requirements and offering alternatives and advice; and evaluating, redesigning and implementing logistics processes for mission support; Instructed and trained Army personnel in logistics operations.
Experience may vary
United States Infantryman (Former Employee), Joint Base Lewis McChordAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Housing, Enjoyable
Cons: Terrible food, Unpredictable hours, Tough on the body
Joined the Army straight out of high school, broke both my legs and was honorably discharged. Wouldn't go back and change it.
worked on trucks
Motor Transport Operator (88M) (Former Employee), GeogiaAugust 1, 2015
Normally we worked on trucks all day long. we pmcsd trucks to make sure they were running good, the ncos were good about keeping us busy
Job Summary
MEDICAL OPERATIONS DIRECTOR (Current Employee), Killeen, TXAugust 1, 2015
Enjoyed the traveling and what the military opened as far as life culture, experience and people it allowed me to meet. Great organization to learn leadership skills and management along with problem solving skills. Enjoyed the camaraderie and personal development.
Great feeling to serve
FRONT LINE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), KentuckyAugust 1, 2015
It's a great feeling to serve your country, you get to travel and learn many different things. You get to experience different things.
Professional organization offering the best to all Soldiers
Personnel Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COAugust 1, 2015
Best compensation package you can get. Salary is excellent based on time in service. The most team oriented environment you will find for a career.
One of my best journeys in life...
Utility Repair Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Hood TXAugust 1, 2015
The US Army is great experience. On a typical day I had many different tasks. i have learn so many things about myself and others. It was really an eye opener on how dependable and driven I am. There was always a challenge and i am grateful to have experienced them. I enjoyed meeting new people form all cultures and backgrounds. the hardest part of my job was leaving family behind on missions. The most enjoyable part of it was to travel many place within the time that I was apart of it.
The ability to do almost anything.
Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Family environment, wealth of knowledge and procedures performed.
Cons: Hours
As a medic in the US Army you will do far more than a civilian counterpart. With a focus on physical health and a wide variety of tasks in a typical day, it is never dull. While the tasks performed in this job are far too numerous to list, they span from simple IV starts to venous cut downs to surgical airways. The people I worked with here didn't make me feel like a family, they were my family.
A hard Job, that was very rewarding
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Hinesville GA / Watertown, NY / KilleenTXAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Great Co-Workers, Good Pay
Cons: Some leadership
Everyday was a little different. I did security checks of arms room, I also did personnel security clearances.
I learned how to conduct clearances, how to move sensitive material.
I learned to manage my time, and personnel while still getting the job done.
Headquarters