U.S. Army
17,522 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

U.S. Army
Specialist (Current Employee), Ogden, UTOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great life experience
Cons: very hard on the mind body and spirit
I have been in for over 4 years now and have even been deployed. I do not see myself staying in once my contract is over. I do enjoy training the new guys in hopes it will help them with their future and surviving in the army. I have learned so much from the Army as an Airborne Infantrymen. I have learned a lot about respect and honor, I will never – more... forget what I have learned and I will always have pride in my service. Some of my leaders were not the best and had massive anger issues. Hardest part is the crazy physical aspects of the daily training. – less
Army
PATRIOT Systems Repairer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXOctober 29, 2014
Very busy. Decent pay. Long work hours but good advancement.
Its the Army
Diesel technician and Automotive technician (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 29, 2014
....................................................................................................
A great organization
Supervisor (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 29, 2014
Pros: best benefits
Cons: could die in war
This organization allow the employees to be a part in the decision-making in mission that they receive.
Adventurous and fast paced that provides education and experience
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIOctober 29, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: being separated from my family and love ones for a year.
Being in the military was one my best decision I ever made. The U.S. Army provided me with a purpose, motivation, education and experience. A typical workday would consist of briefing's from junior to the senior staff. What I learned through my career is that not everyone is career minded or dedicated to this profession. Always find ways to progress – more... in your career through education. My executive officers were great mentors and friends that provided me with guidance in becoming the best supervisor I could have been. My co-workers were constantly driven for success and were always very supportive in team project developments. The hardest part about being in the military for me is having to be away from my family for a year to 15 months. The most enjoyable part of being in the military is working as a team to complete a mission and sense of being part of a bigger family. – less
Medical NCO
Medical NCO (91B30) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 29, 2014
Pros: loved the job
Cons: retired
Medical NCO of a trauma Hospital ER
Training and education
Field training
Instructor
Interpreter
Linguist (Former Employee), Camp Phoenix, Kabul, AfghanistanOctober 29, 2014
Major Duties: Working within a team in this counter-insurgency training center, taught classes in How to Work with an Interpreter, Cultural Awareness, Basic Pashto and Dari phrases; translated counter-insurgency strategy and tactics documents from English to Pashto and Dari.
The busiest TRACON in the DoD
Air Traffic Control Specialist (Former Employee), Ft. Rucker, AlabamaOctober 29, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, fun working environment, reliable management
Cons: old facility, frequent communication problems on the north sector frequency
We worked on a rotating schedule, so there were no permanent days off. I really enjoyed the variety of this. Upon arriving at work, the daily routine was to check which position you were assigned to work. We worked positions in one hour increments, and after position relief, you would go check where you were assigned. This went on all day until the – more... workday was over. Typically, all sectors would be open by 8:30a.m., and stay that way until the evening. Since it was such a busy place to work, I feel I became quite a good controller there. The management was relatively easy to work with, and they were quite good at keeping us informed of new or pending operations. All of my co-workers were good controllers, and a few were great. They were all easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was the mental fatigue that would set in by the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the abundance of traffic, and that each sector was different enough to keep out the monotony that so many other professions experience. – less
Time in the field is a good experience
Security Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYOctober 29, 2014
Get up early for physical training at 0630 then be back at work at 0930. Train at work then get lunch, train some more after lunch. I learned accountability and attention to detail. Leadership isnt the brightest. Dealing with information changing at last minute. I enjoyed firing weapons the most.
great job
SPC/ E-4/ 91C-Utilities Equipment Repairer (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 29, 2014
best way to learn skills and great advancement
and many more great things
Alot of new experiences learned
Radar Operator (Former Employee), Ft Campbell, KentuckyOctober 29, 2014
The best part of the army was the companionship that you build with your co-workers because everything that you do, you do together. Ive learned alot of different skills and experiences that i believe cannot be obtained in many other places.
Very intense work environment and highly stressful
Healthcare Specialists/ Combat Medic (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COOctober 29, 2014
I was in charge of many areas with my medical section. From running our daily triage and sickcall. Moving to the clinical aspect, setting up the physicians schedule to screening and examining patients. Entering in patient data to make sure they had it in their electronic medical records for any other future diagnosis and treatment plans.
I have learned – more... my medical fundamentals, with vitals, patient screening and examines, patient data entry, daily scheduling, triage patients, and training people on how to do the job. Overall patient care experience.
Management was good depending on the experience of your manager. I have worked with some that have been a medic for 17 years and use to running a medical section. To some that were only medics for 2 years and never had a medical section before. So I had good experiences and bad.
The hours were hard. They were very long. I was working anywhere from 60 to 70 hours a week. So it was hard to keep up with other events outside of work because it was a lot to handle.
The best part was my patients. I enjoyed helping people and watching the treatment plans works. I found so much satisfaction in watching people how were sick become healthy. It was so rewarding to be a part of that. – less
deciplined and hard word
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYOctober 29, 2014
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: many long hours
ive trained and lead people as well as followed orders and always completed the job at hand
Iraq
Soldier/ Truck Driver/AMVI/Mechanic (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 29, 2014
I loved the army but once again I had to move on and make something else happen. Life was no good as a family man.
Difficult but rewarding experience.
Senior Medic/Instructor (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: away from family
I gained a lot of experience working here. Learned lessons for life.
many opportunities in the military
Sergeant (Current Employee), fort hood texasOctober 29, 2014
Pros: guaranteed pay check, free school, great learning experience
Cons: on call 24 hrs, 7 days a week.being deployed and having to be separated from family from 6-12 months or longer.
everyday there is always some sort of work to do, whether its changing a compressor or just doing a basic recover and charge. I've done a lot of growing up in the last 10 years and am now in a position where I manage 6 soldiers. Most of the people I work with are very helpful and always give a helping hand. The hardest part of the job is getting up – more... so early in the morning. I get up at 3 a.m. every morning just so I can commute to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is actual work. I love working on air conditioning. in my years of service I have been given so many compliments and am very appreciative. – less
Formal and challenging workplace
Electronics Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: mission oriented environment with in a direct environment
Cons: frequent relocation and excessive time away from home
A typical day at work consists of reporting the status of subordinates, managing priorities, attending to the welfare of subordinates, accomplishing the mission and getting results, as well as supporting organizational policies and directives.

I learned how to think critically and specifically, plan, prepare, inspect, and verify. I refined my skills – more... in personnel administration, records keeping, and maintenance management. I was also thoroughly cross trained in network and radio communications techniques and procedures.

I was responsible for:
- Reporting the accountability of a 90 personnel organization to higher headquarters
- Managing the daily status of submitted jobs in a shop of 6 technicians that supported 3,000 personnel
- Physical security and key control for an environment that processed classified cryptographic electronics equipment
- Internal communications infrastructure of an 80 personnel 18 hour rapid response support element.
- Preparing training tasks and situational exercises to develop subordinates

I learned that I really enjoy working with direct people and challenging environments, but most importantly with people who are very organized and methodical.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to deal with having to execute orders that I did not agree with.

I really enjoyed traveling to a place for a specific purpose and executing a mission in the field. – less
Productive, fast paced, enjoyable
Security Escort/ Mechanic/ Infantry (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: medical, taught great values, life lessons
Cons: hard to make rank
A typical day in the Army would start with PT (physical training), then chow. After breakfast you begin your work day. I start out in the arms room checking off all firearms and tactical gear then submit all paperwork. I learned discipline and personal management. My co-workers were brothers to me and still are today, we fought in battle together and – more... worked well as a team. Hardest part of my job is something that I would not really talk about. The most enjoyable part of my job was the time spent with the ones I've gone to combat with and going to the range. I enjoyed my job and strongly believed in what we've done for our country. – less
productive and strict place to work at
cook (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COOctober 29, 2014
Pros: stability sense of pride
Cons: long time away from family
it was high tense you were always on the go. You had to follow orders to a tee. And try to look and sound your best
Work hard for decent pay
Egypt Multinational Forward Observer (Former Employee), NCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: death is very possible.
High stress, Decent pay, not much else to say. The job isn't for everyone and the Army will weed out the bad soldiers.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more