U.S. Army
18,020 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Extremely high strees enviornment, motivation, dedication, with a strict routine and achievable daily goals.
Section/ Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), Ft. Bragg, NCNovember 20, 2014
Pros: long lunch mostly used for additional work, great benefits, job security, and training.
Cons: 70+ hour work weeks, dealing with negative people which can also be a pro in enhancing people skills.
Up at 4:00 am to get to the barracks for room and cleaning area inspection no later than 6:00 am. Physical training from 6:30 - 7:30 am and chow and personal hygiene from 7:30 - 9:00 am. Work call formation at 9:00 am to delegate tasks and game plan deadlines, maintenance, upcoming events, promotions, inspections, clerical work, and personnel management. – more... Lunch from 11:30 am - 1:00 pm at which time tasks are delegated and supervised until close of business formation normally at 5:00 pm. Challenges are both physically and mentally demanding everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching your Soldiers professional progression and watching them achieve their personal goals. – less
Professional work place, caring and fun
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKNovember 20, 2014
Pros: take old food home, worked to our music
Cons: almost no time for lunch break, rare off days, hard to advance, not enough people
A typical day at work would be coming in to work at 5am, standing in a single line facing our manager so he can inspect us on our clean hygiene and work supply for the job. our manger then chooses a supervisor for that day and gives the names of each person that will be working in each section. After the inspection is done each person in that section – more... looks for the product he or she has to prepare for that day and looks for the recipe card to make that product. after all recipe cards are gather for that section each person in that section choose which product they will prepare and start gathering everything they need to make that product. we start cooking the product base on the recipe card. After the meals are all ready we place them in the warmer to keep warm until we open to eat. We also sever the food while backing the food up so we don't run out of food. we continue to do this from breakfast (7:30am -9:00), lunch (11:30am -1pm), and until the end of dinner (5pm-6:30pm). After lunch is done we clean up and our supervisor inspects the all the areas. once we given the ok from the supervisor that each area is clean the manager tell us what time to come in the next morning and we are then release to go.
I have learned how to become a team player and also a team leader. I have learned how to inspect food, people, and equipment to make sure that all things as within the safety food limits so we don't get people sick from eating the food we cook. learned how to supervise, be professional at the work place, but more over I leaned how to do my job well and how to do my supervisor job.
Management was always good and bad. some people wouldn't tolerate mistakes and wrote people up for them, and some would help you to correct your mistake and showed you the right way to do things.
I love each and everyone of my co-worker they work hard to get the job done and so did I. we learned together, ate together, even helped those who were behind in their work load. we banded together and became a family.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get days off. it was stressful working 15 hours every day from 5am to 7pm. we were not like other soldiers getting weekends, and holidays off . we worked harder on holidays to feed people and keep them happy. Just having time off was a blessing.
The most enjoyable part is two parts. the first part was seeing people enjoy the food you made for them and them telling you how much they love your food. and the second is meeting new people from far away land and making friend and family ties with them, people you never would have meet if not for the U.S Army. – less
Excellent job
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee), ColoradoNovember 20, 2014
The work environment is very relaxed for an army position. You work with at least 2 other people and rarely have to go out to the field.
Stable job
Track Vehicle Mechanic / Heavy Wheel Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Carson, CONovember 20, 2014
The Army had its ups and downs, but I am ready for something new.
i have learned alot of different stuff in army
Wheel Mechanic (SPC) (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXNovember 20, 2014
Pros: know when you was getting paid
Cons: phyicial trainign in the morning
days was long but fun

seen different part of the world

learned different cultures
Diverse and challenging work place
Administrative Operations Management (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GANovember 20, 2014
Pros: diversity, good breaks, holidays off
Cons: deployments, long hours
I loved the opportunity to serve my country. The diversity in culture and variety in careers offered plenty of opportunity to learn new skills. I also, learned much about being a professional and what it means to be focused and dedicated to the mission.
Company Supply activities
supply manager (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYNovember 20, 2014
Pros: more opportunities to learn new regulations and laws to improve the job, less supervision.
Cons: no advisors
- Planned daily schedule to supply the company,daily hand receipt holder ( Property owners ) inventory to make sure everyone is accountable for what they sign, order supply and part for the company.
- Work with men and women from different culture and learn from them.
- The hardest part of the job is to make sure the company has 100% of the equipment – more... sign for.
- the most enjoyable part was the friendly environment everyone was willing to give a hand when help needed. – less
Great on the job learning invoronment
Squad Leader/Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Carson, CONovember 20, 2014
Pros: challenging environment
Cons: never at home
A typical day at work is following all rules and regulations.
Tough Job
Cavalry Scout/Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 20, 2014
Combat arms, didn't think it would be easy and it sure wasn't. Had it's up's and down's but I would return in a heartbeat if they let me.
Fun, Challenging
EOD Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Carson, CONovember 20, 2014
Typical day at work involves training team members in various aspects of the EOD field, from teaching classes to hands on learning and running incidents to test their knowledge and skills. Also conducting mandatory Army training and managing the soldiers and equipment valued over 1 million dollars. I have learned to be patient and manage time wisely – more... as there is never enough time in the day to accomplish everything. Soldiers are the hardest part of the day trying to manage their schedules with everything else the army requires you to do. The most enjoyable thing is getting to run actual incidents and blowing things up on the range!. – less
Great opportunity if you do not have any others
Radio Communication Security Repairer (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYNovember 20, 2014
Pros: will learn a trade, awesome benefits while in & when you get out
Cons: depends on where you are stationed
-Will give you a trade
-Will teach you discipline
-Will make you appreciate the little things that you take for granted
A soldiers life
Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VANovember 20, 2014
I've learned so much being in the Army. I've grew mentally, physically, and so have my discipline. i learned combat lifesaver and other military training. I've experience working long hours and and staying up until my job is complete.
Not a terrible job in the long run, just not my cup of tea.
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Carson, CONovember 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, steady pay
Cons: stressful, questionable higher motives
Every day in the United States Army is different from the day before. One day could be boring, lazing off, conducting maintenance on vehicles, weapons, or any other mission essential equipment. The next could be sprinting down a hill taking an objective to move for a strike. Whether it be in training or utilized in action, it was well worth the time – more... put forth. The training is fast-paced and never slows down for a second. It worked for my team and I, then again it's not for everyone. The most challenging days were the days running back and forth on 3 hours of sleep back to back. Moving up and down terrain in stressful environments not knowing how or when anything will change. The people I've met and the leadership qualities I maintained are the reason I look back with a smile on my face. No where will you find another source of camaraderie. – less
Life changing experience
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: very versetile envirement to progress in learning and experience
Cons: requires alot of travel for long periods of time
Morning briefings
Up-keeping and maintaining of issued and new equipment
Classroom training and field exercise
Providing training to new personnel
Planning and reviewing completed work and work to be done for the following day.
The hardest part of this job was to learn quickly how to adapt to new constantly changing work environments.
The most enjoyable – more... part of this job was to learn how to work with variety of different people.
I was happy about being a member of the team that we had. – less
fun, good learning experience
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: could be dangrous at times
learned a lot. us army has a lot to give. it was fun while it lasted. good people and friends and mentors in the us army.
Military Life
Military Police - Sergeant First Class (Former Employee), McChord AFB, WANovember 19, 2014
The work was sometimes arduous and there was not a lot of time for family, but I loved the experience
Productive and fulfilling career
Intelligence Security Manager (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: never home
A typical day was long and hard, yet fun and enjoyable. Co-workers were amazing and became family. Hardest part of the job was being away from my family.
Awesome!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXNovember 19, 2014
Great place to work with plenty of good opportunities. Good opportunities for advancement. Some downsides can be found if you clash with your supervisor, and it's hard to maintain friendships as people get moved around. Otherwise, I enjoyed my time in service.
Great place to be a team member
Recruiter (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: relocate often
-Team building
-Work ethic
Meeting alot of great people was ahuge part of the job. Very diverse.
Productive and fun working environment with room for advancement
Team Leader/Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: room for advancement and being recognized for hardwork.
Cons: working with people that is not a team player.
I've enjoyed working with people that I've met over the years. I'm a team player and a hard worker, I've also had some outstanding co workers and supervisors.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more