U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 35,281 reviews matching the search
Lots of work.
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Spend all your time working and little time with your family. Work 16 hour days frequently. 3-4 day weekend almost every month.
Excellent leadership development
Chief Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Leavenworth, KSFebruary 23, 2017
The Army is a great place to learn, grow and develop leadership skills. The opportunites to expand horizons, learn technical trades and hone interpersonal communication skills are unmatched.
Productive workplace with plenty of opportunity
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 23, 2017
Everyday was different. I would spend weeks training either in the field or back on post. I learned more than I ever imagined. Not only did I learn about my job as a medic but was always cross trained on other jobs in the event I may need to use them. My supervisors were always professional and willing to help me better myself. Not always what I wanted to hear but what I needed to hear in order to get the job done. The hardest part about my job was being gone overseas months on end not knowing if it would be my last months.
Army
Infantry Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYFebruary 23, 2017
Its the Army its what you would expect they took a 18 yr old kid and turned me into a adult. Before the Army I was unfocused, little respect for authority and a child. After 7 years and 3 tours I was training them same kid to be a Soldier I had the respect of my men,leaders and fellow peers
Honored
Translator/Interpreter (Former Employee) –  IragFebruary 23, 2017
I've worked with the us army in Iraq for 7 years and it's been an honor.
I was a translator/ interpreter but I considered myself much more. I considered myself a soldier.
not for the weak at heart
Infantry Rifleman (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAFebruary 23, 2017
5am PT, countless road marches, lots of time in the field training.
brotherhood, perseverance patience, intestinal fortitude.
the best leaders to have
being gone all the time and lack of sleep
the friendships
Pros
accountability
Cons
long days away from family
protecting the United States
Motor pool Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  west GermanyFebruary 23, 2017
We trained on a daily basis to maintain the highest quality of security for the country we love , and the freedom we have. Everyday we made products of the highest quality , filled, labeled , and shipped to. It was a great feeling to take a raw product and produce something that was for the good of family pets.
Pros
working as a team
Cons
not much family time
Great Place To work
Adjutant General Officer/Company Commander (Current Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 23, 2017
Great company
Great part is people
Helping Soldiers
Government related
Strict rule
Physically demanding
Served as the commander, overseeing public affairs, legal actions, publications, finances, internal control systems, professional development, and quality of life
Great Job
Logistical and Maintenance Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bliss, TXFebruary 23, 2017
The military has many missions. Their primary mission of course is to defend the U.S. and U.S. interests. Looking more closely though, you can see that the military does a lot more than simply fight. Some examples of military missions include:
Rescue operations
Medical assistance in impoverished areas
Food & humanitarian relief
Security at embassies and other locations
Policing in volatile areas
Natural disaster relief
Law enforcement
Piracy and drug interdiction
Great Organization to work for
92 A Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYFebruary 23, 2017
Great Learning Experience Opportunity to grow and learn new jobs within the field. great working in the Support ops brigaide. Learn the difference in weapons
Pros
travel meet new people
Cons
away from family
Excellent place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Excellent with excellent benefits for you and your family. Very many oppurtunities. its not a lifestyle for everyone but if it works for you the possibilities are endless
Challenging environment with cross training opportunities
Quality Assurance - Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 23, 2017
Become competent in skills other than your own, such as Power Generation, HVAC, and automotive mechanics. Management can be challenging at times but is rewarding. Opportunities are there if you seek them, most enjoyable part of the job was training those junior to myself to reach their potential. Hardest part of the job was balancing work/family, while trying to further pursue my career goals.
Pros
Job Security, Consistent Pay
Cons
Lack of Overtime, Job placement opportunities
Great life style. Honorable work
Military Police officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAFebruary 23, 2017
If you are looking for a career with purpose, the Army is it. If loyalty, duty, respect mean anything hinges to you- you should look at joining the Army. It's a demanding job that requires a great deal of humility and selfless service. Count the cost before you start
Pros
Travel
Cons
Get shot at
its the military
Combat Medic/Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blackstone, VAFebruary 23, 2017
If you are thinking about the military try army great benefits guaranteed jobs once you choose. Please go active duty though just saying because the reserve and national guard is not worth it complete waste of time and the taxpayers dollars.
Pros
Active
Cons
Reserve
Work environment
Section Chief/ LAN manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COFebruary 23, 2017
Intense work environment that can be somewhat hectic, but because of some of the camaraderie and team oriented mindset among fellow soldiers, the work place was a great place to be.
Pros
Stability, Brotherhood, life experience
Military is A Great foundational career for those unsure
Mechanical Operations Manager Motor Pool (Former Employee) –  Camp Grayling, MIFebruary 23, 2017
Joining any military branch is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants a long term career and to see the world. You won't enjoy the Chain of command if you have any kind of education behind you but you will also learn to enjoy the different opportunities and places you can travel to.
Served with honor
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 23, 2017
My family was all military, so I was too. I did my 4 years and 10 days, and I am glad I did and I'm proud to have done so. I learned map reading, leadership skills, preventative maintenance on vehicles, driving skills, communication and conflict resolution skills. The best part of being in the Army was the family atmosphere, a sense of belonging to something bigger than oneself. The hardest part of the job was not knowing your hours, and being on call 24/7. Still worth the effort and time though.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Hard Work, Brotherhood
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lewis, WAFebruary 23, 2017
The Infantry is only for the strong hearted. Great place to find out what kind of man you are. Great opportunity for someone with strong work ethic...
There is something to do.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  JBLM, WashingtonFebruary 23, 2017
One thing that learned is that timing is everything! Everything you do in the military revolves around time. And three minutes can be very important on a life and death situation.
Pros
You are always learning something
Cons
It doesn't matter what type of weather you are in.
Need to be a hard worker and detailed
Operations Manager/training (Current Employee) –  Knightdale, NCFebruary 23, 2017
A day in the military is unlike any other job. Things are fast paced take a day off and the project you been working on takes a another turn. You have to be open minded ability to get along with other and be able to take criticism learn from and drive on. Multi tasking is the word of the day there is just not one job each day there are multiply jobs. In the morning you be doing slides for your commander in the afternoon maybe getting receive VIPs without any notice. have to be on duty 24/7 and ready to respond even on vacation.
Pros
job security
Cons
high tempo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4