U.S. Army
20,851 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Learning Experience
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COApril 1, 2015
Four Years of honorable ARMY service has taught me valuable life lessons along with the necessary workplace communication and leadership skills to make me an asset to a company.
US Army is more than a job it is a life style.
Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee), WahawiaApril 1, 2015
Pros: Job security.
Cons: It depends on your personality.
In the US Army you are given the opportunity to be as successful as you want. Leadership, loyalty and respect are just a few of many traits that were learned. I have developed a deep sense of responsibility that will carry me far in the civilian world.
The Army is a wonderful place to work.
Warrant Officer (Transporation/Logistics) (Former Employee), OverseasApril 1, 2015
Pros: Family support, benefits and ofters many opportunties
Cons: many deployments
Retired with 27 years in the U.S. Army. My typical day at work was fully engaged and highly motivated to train and complete all mission assigned. My co-workers always seek for new ways to complete our mission. The hardest part of the job was leaving my family for so many years, but the most enjoyable part of the job was servicing my country and being a part of trying to keep our country safe from any harm....
Great opportunity
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Fort BraggApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great Leadership
Cons: No con
Great opportunity and Great Leadership. I really enjoyed learning combative training and social skills. I also enjoyed the different perspective that everyone had to offered.
Great Career
Army Supply Clerk (92Y) (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great health and dental benefits, travel, and school paid for
Cons: Deployments and being away from loved ones
Working in the United States Army was a great an exciting work experience. Able to meet people from all over the world with different cultures and backgrounds. Logistics as my career job I was able to become efficient in that field.
best military and only military to work for
INFANTRY SOLDIER (Former Employee), CAMarch 31, 2015
a typical day is getting up at 5:30 am for physical training and then eating breakfast and then on to training for the day. My military brothers would have your back at any moment. The hardest part were the long nights, but it was all worth it!
Fun atmosphere with great people to work with.
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good leaders, good co workers
Cons: time frames to complete some of the tasks
Enjoyed every aspect of my job. Worked with some amazing men and woman. All NCO's above me were very friendly and fair individuals I know. Never a stressful moment and never a dull moment. Always on the go and always training.
Army
Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 31, 2015
PT in the morning. followed by work. deployment is always a possibility but the money is constant and benefits as well. opportunity to travel to many places
Very Productive
Information Assurance Secuirty Officer (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GAMarch 31, 2015
My typical day at work started every morning at 630 am and didn't end until 5 pm on a normal day but sometimes i would have to stay until 8 pm or later.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Human Intelligence Collector (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYMarch 31, 2015
I have been with this organization for over 20 years. As with any job, it has it's ups and downs. The friendship you build will be life long.
Productive Officers for US Soldiers
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2015
This office serviced every U.S. Soldier to include notary services, qualified legal counsel in times of hardship or general duties. The most enjoyable pat of the job was knowing you were making a difference in a Soldiers life whether it be personal or professional.
A great experience
Signal Support System Specialist (Former Employee), FT. Stewart, GaMarch 31, 2015
Pros: 90 min lunch break, free health benefits and dental.
Cons: Deployments
From 2008 to 2010 I was part the Battalion S-6 Information management officers. Where I troubleshoot the computers and Laptop that belonged to our unit. 2011 to 2012 I was moved to the company headquarter to continue as a Information management officer and as a human resource personnel. During this time I gained experience in using Microsoft words, excel, power point and Outlook. 2013 to 2014 I transferred to the Battalion S-3 where I learned how to file claims for travels and requesting school enrollment for soldiers to have a career advancement.
Great work experience
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Benefits, meeting new people, long lunches, helping others
Cons: job/life balance, unorganized, deployments
A typical day at work is 6:30 am mandatory physical training, at 8:30 am you are released to shower and change and then come back to work at 9:30. From 9:30 to 5:00 I would take care of customer service, answer and direct phone calls, help soldiers make changes to their life insurance policy as well as helping them with any other personnel accounting information.

What I learned from the job was resiliency, how to adapt to a fast paced environment, to learn each job I was taught quickly and to help everyone the best of my ability.

As a Human Resources Specialist you are taught time management is something that is very important. You have tasks handed to you from every angle and there is little down time between tasks.

My co-workers all came from different back grounds. At first it was a challenge and we didn't communicate to each other. After a couple weeks we opened up to each other and created a system so that we were able to get our tasks completed in a shorter amount of time.

The hardest part of my job was the job work and life balance. It was very difficult for me to balance the two out considering we were on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Almost monthly we would do a 24 hour duty. Along with the deployments and scares of what can happen overseas, and the job being so unorganized at all times.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others. I have a passion for helping others and to make their lives easier. I also really enjoy meeting new people.
Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXMarch 31, 2015
Working in the united states Army was eventful everyday it was new way of learning every single day. I learn so many things while serving this country
Exciting and Intutive enviroment
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee), York, SCMarch 31, 2015
Good work environment, every day is something new and exciting. People are respectful and takes care of each other. Command Staff is involved with the unit.
Highly Productive work force providing security all over the world
Force Protection Manager/Personal Security Officer (Current Employee), Fort Knox, KYMarch 31, 2015
- There are no typical days in the Army and thats why i love it

-The skills I have learned while in the Army are immeasurable

-The Army is managed by some of the most competent men and women in the United States

-My co-workers are my friends, my family, and my battle buddies.

- The hardest part of the US Army is leaving

- The most enjoyable part of the Army is sharing a common goal with people from all walk of life, culture, and background
U.S. Army
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), AlaskaMarch 31, 2015
As an Active Duty Solider I spent more of my time in wonderful places and enjoying the life in the military. I deployed to Iraq once to help serve my country.
A fantastic experience and lots of travel.
Texas Army National Guard NCO (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Everything you learn is great and useful and free
Cons: Lots of uniform time and many deployments
Enlisting in the U.S Army, going to training with the best humans; getting trained by the best military personnel ever was a real privilege.

Learning things and being able to open my eyes to so much which I didn’t know in the past. Parents do not know everything so they cannot teach you everything.
Benefits work in the end
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Fort LewisMarch 31, 2015
Was a correctional specialist for the US ARMY for 5 years the job really sucked, but in the end the education and benefits pay off.
Always a different day
Unit Administrator (Current Employee), Perrine, FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: no weekend work
Cons: long days
A typical day at work is anything but typical, there are variations of issues and concerns that must be addressed daily. They range from financial to personal. I learn something new everyday as it is difficult to get all the educational portion of the job complete when needed so it's a learning experience every day. My team is the hardest working team in the Command. I work with some very intelligent individuals and just being on a good team like this makes my day worth it.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries