U.S. Army
22,098 reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Served country with pride
Parachute Rigger (Former Employee), Fort Richardson, AKMay 28, 2015
Pros: Being a part of something great.
Cons: Physically demanding
Every day began with 6:30 am physical training and then I went to work packing parachutes. This job entailed the upmost focus and responsibility because I was essentially packing live saving equipment for fellow soldiers. It was by far my favorite military experience because it was imperative that I was doing my job well and I could leave work everyday knowing I did my job well. There was a close bond with those that I worked with because we all know we could count on each other to get the job done right the first time. The most challenging part of being a Parachute Rigger was being fairly tired from doing the early morning physical training and then going to work for a full and strenuous day. I eventually got used to it and was in the best shape of my life but it was challenging. I was fortunate to have some great supervisors over me that were well aware of the challenges that came with the job and were able to provide me with mentorship and wisdom.
Amazing Job!
Military Police Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAMay 28, 2015
Pros: everything!
Cons: Nothing
If I could have stayed in the Army I would have went back to Fort Polk. I loved it there! I miss my friends there!! We were like a family there. I miss it a lot.
Being a soldier
All Source Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TexasMay 28, 2015
I loved being in the Army. It was fun, fast paced, and exciting. I enjoyed my daily duties and relying on my team. The benefits are always a plus, but the camaraderie was so much more important to me.
Very educational
Transportation Specialist (88M) (Former Employee), Middle EastMay 28, 2015
This is the type of job that you think you are ready for, but nothing can truly prepare you for something like it! I had the honor of traveling to the Middle East and seeing wonders and people that so few others have been able to.
The job is/was rough, but the rewards and what I took away from it will forever be with me, and I am proud and happy to have them!
Entertaining Place to Work
Special Purpose Equipment Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Non
Cons: Non
I worked a lot and hard. I also did my job well and supervised my soldiers well. Made sure all the equipment was to standard.
Great Experience for the right type of person
Military Police Officer (Current Employee), Ft. PierceMay 28, 2015
The US Army can be a great tool for anyone looking to learn new skills in very dynamic and high paced environment. Great opportunities to obtain a formal education. The career will take you as far as you want it to.
The perfect place to prepare you for a perfect furture
Drill Instructor (Current Employee), Ft Sill OKMay 28, 2015
Thanks to the military, I have all type of skills and training that will prepare me for any and every task that should ever come my way
Training Representative (Current Employee), Fort Rucker, ALMay 28, 2015
The Army was a nice starter career. I am looking to finish my career with a company I can advance in. I learned how to work with many different people on many different levels. I can work in any condition.
US Army
Army Tank Crewman/Mechanized Infantry (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, North CarolinaMay 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits, travel, and the relationships that were built with my soldiers.
Cons: Separation and loss of soldiers.
A typical day at work consist of accountability of my soldiers, logistical paperwork, coordinating daily routines and events. As a SGM I learned to interact with my soldiers in a leadership capacity which in turn helped me to understand my position in management. The hardest part of my job was separation and loss of soldiers. The most enjoyable part of my job was the daily interaction and camaraderie with everyone that I came across in the US Army.
Served my Country with pride.
Section Chief/Force Protection Officer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Personal satisfaction; team goal oriented; multi-functional unit; benefits
Cons: often deployed; limited family time
Service to my Country was my greatest achievement! The military constantly challenged me daily, often multiple challenges simultaneously. Taking care of subordinates provided me the most personal satisfaction. The ability to manage over 30 subordinates while maintaining a safe work environment was challenging, but not overwhelming.
US Army
Management Specialist/ Infantryman (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAMay 28, 2015
I enjoyed being in the Army. I served my country and that's something not everyone can say. Yes, it was hard sometimes but the friendships and brotherhood was unmatched. one can learn all walks of life just from talking to other soldiers.
The Military is what you make of it
Paralegal Specialist (Former Employee), U.S.May 28, 2015
Pros: Job security, travel
Cons: Disrespectful leades and war
The Military is a different culture within itself. Once you get used to life, which is nothing like civilian life, things are good. There are many jobs to choose from within the organization, so pick the one that suits you the best. The relationships you have with the people you meet in the organization are much deeper than the ones you make in corporate America. The hardest part of the job is dealing with some of the arrogant people that out rank you, and tying to do a job during deployments. The most enjoyable part of the job was the traveling and job security.
The army gained me so much knowledge
88M Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 28, 2015
Pros: excellent active duty pay
I learned so much being in the army such as gaining motivational skills, learning mechanics, driving trucks and fork lifts and repairing nght vision scopes. Everyday was different always a different assignment which I enjoyed because it helped me learn so much.
Friendly hard and well trained working environment.
42A Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Jackson, SCMay 28, 2015
Pros: Good help to find a job in the civilian world.
Cons: Could be deployed to dangerous hot spots aroun the world.
I learned to be a well trained BCT and 42A all put together Soldier. In order for anyone else to become one all you have to do is pay close attention to the detail taught by the instructors and have a lot of Respect and Discipline.
Inventory Clerk
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Hopkins, MNMay 28, 2015
• Placed orders on behalf of the unit’s discretion
• Verified quantities received with bills of lading, contracts and
purchase requests
• Ran general inspections on current inventory
• Conducted hand counts on all inventory
• Notated missing or damaged goods
• Maintained automated accounting records in TAMMS
• Issued and received turn-ins for $100K of equipment
U.S. Army
Administration Tech and Supply Specialist E-4 (Former Employee), Fort Jackson, SCMay 28, 2015
The U.S. Army gave me the skills, I needed to be a manager. Leadership, responsibility and hard work was what the U.S. Army taught me. Everyday, I would have to come in and prepare important documents or payroll for our troops. This was important because it was my start into healthcare or human resource management. The hardest part of my job was learning all the forms needed in each subject of interest and the most enjoyable part was working with my coworkers to meet the goals necessary to be successful in the work environment.
•Receive and stock
Section sergeant (Non- Commission Officer) (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COMay 28, 2015
•Receive and stock bulk and package POL products
Issue and dispense bulk fuels and water from storage and distribution facilities to using units
Select and submit samples of POL to laboratory for testing
Perform petroleum and water accounting duties
Operate equipment associated with petroleum and water distribution system and multi-product pipeline system
Fuel and de-fuel vehicles, aircraft and stationary equipment
Take emergency precautions to prevent harm to self and facilities in event of petroleum spillage or fire
The Army thought me team work and discipline
Generator Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMay 28, 2015
Pros: Learning to be a team player
Cons: none
The most enjoyable part of my job at Fort Bragg was learning new skills and working along side some of the most wonderful people on this earth. My superiors and subordinates treated me and my family, like one of them from day one.
Overview
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), worldwideMay 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits such as Health Care, Dental, Housing paid for
Cons: Pay scale. Service members should make more pay to provide for families.
PROs: Great training when it comes to getting the job done. Constant operations and moving pieces.

CONs: Upper management has leadership issues. Certain individuals make leadership positions who do not deserve the responsibility.
Supply Technician (Current Employee), Edinburgh, INMay 28, 2015
Pros: Relationships
Cons: None
Get to work for the best people on earth! No day is the same. Learn new things everyday. Growth potential. Opportunity to travel.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries