U.S. Army
20,772 reviews

U.S. Army Employer Reviews

Human Resource Specialist
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAMarch 29, 2015
I grew as a more disciplined individual. I assisted Soldiers with their finances, leave, awards, and any other related paperwork for promotion. Soldiers loved my customer service and the ability I had to get the job done. I was awarded several awards for my excellent work In the United States Army.
It was the life of a soldier
Technician & Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free housing, Free meals, Free Health care, Skill set training, discipline
Cons: High stress, low pay, lack of personal time
This position was a high stress environment at all times, with a constant press for time. Through daily operations, tasks, and overall job functions, I was given the ability to further myself under the most harsh conditions in order to better understand my capabilities in the worst conditions possible.
Military Life
Battalion Tasking NCO and SHARP Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Everything provided for you and your family if you need it
Cons: Family Readiness Groups are ineffective
Good Paying Stable job for those it suits. Not for everyone. Must be willing to go anywhere at anytime in the right uniform at the right time and the right place.
Your career is what you make of it.
MECHANICS/FLEET MANAGER (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Free medical treatment, good benefits and retirement.
Cons: multiple family separations, deployments and field training
Typical day starts with an hour of exercise at 0630. Work day is from 0900 to 1700 with 1.5 hour lunch. You learn teamwork is important in everything. Like any job, there are good leaders and some bad. The good thing is that leaders rotate out about every 2-3 years. The hardest part about the military is that you are not in control of your time, and priorities can change at a moments notice. Co-workers for the most part are very supportive, and provide advice on how to improve productivity. Most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits offered.
very strict and aggressive work enviroment
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), JBLM, WAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: benefits, job security
Cons: how deep into your personal life the NCOs get. they know my life almost better then me.
a typical day of work starts at 6:30 am with an hour and a half of exercising. then at 9 am we all meet at the motor pool for morning formation where jobs are given and the rest of the day is planned. from about 9:10 am to 12:00 we work on the assigned jobs till lunch. at 1 pm we return from lunch and continue work until 5 pm when operations seize and clean up begins until finished at which time notes are given out from management and vehicle progress reports are given from the mechanics.
a very productive work place and rewarding experience
88M Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits, Advancements, travel, family
Cons: field duty, away from family for long period of times on ocassion
productive, rewarding experience, educational, physical, and lots of fun and traveling. I loved it, On a typical day we would do PT from 4am to 6am, then to change for the motor pool. I loved learning about my truck and how to fix it. It was hard work trying to break down 400lbs tires. but my co-workers or other soldiers became my family. We did everything together including cry. we worked as a team and we had fun. We traveled a lot. It was the best experience of my life.
Nice Tour
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Doing what I like to do...drive
Cons: 10 mile hikes
My military experience was great. My day consisted of a 5a.m wake up call, exercise with the Company, get trained in my MOS andthen go home. Benefits were awesome. My military experience pretty much helped mold me into the person I am today.
A fun and adventurous job with alot of opportunities.
Heavy Wheeled Operator (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: medical coverage
Cons: uncertain deployments
you would wake up for physical training in the morning most likely run a few miles. followed by either a training event or working at your job. The best co workers you could ask for more like a brotherhood. the hardest part of the job is the mental aspect of the job as most of the challenges will push your mind and body to the limit. I liked to traveling and seeing new places.
Active Duty Experience
12R Interior Electrician (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Living Quarters provided for, Medical Benefits
Cons: Hazardous job sites
Typical day consists of morning PT (Physical Training) after formation for accountability of personnel available for the work day as well as receive tasks and missions to be accomplished either for that day or for the rest of the week depending on the timeline requirements of said task.
I've learned the importance of being apart of a team and working diligently with utmost communication to accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
Working many long work days, even months before being able to take some time off.
Seeing the achievements of all the hard work pay off.
Career and experience
Company Supply-Logistic Supervisor (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 28, 2015
Pros: knowledge, experience, teamwork, management
Cons: none
Through out my years in the military. I learned a lot in the logistic world. Many situations prepared me for the civilian world of logistics management, purchasing, shipping and receiving, and physical security. The real world experiences that I would get from a college education. I got through training in the military.
Great life-learned experiences
AMEDD Student Detachment (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAMarch 28, 2015
The multi-cultured mixture of people of all walks of life created many learning experiences and different ways of life. I absolutely enjoyed my time in the service.
U.S Army, long days most weekend off and never a dull moment
Infantry Mortar team leader (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIMarch 28, 2015
Pros: you get to shoot a lot, great health care, and see the world.
Cons: not a lot of free time.
A typical day at work begins with morning formation at the brisk hour of 0530 to show respect and salute the flag. After that physical training begins for an hour and a half. After you complete an entire day of cleaning training and classes you will be briefed for the next day and released.
During my time enlisted I learned many forms of personal and group security, weapon handling, advanced leadership skills, and problem solving.
Management consisted of soldiers who were once in your place who worked their way up the chain of command so there was always a level of respect that was exchanged between everyone.
When it comes to co-workers being in the army is like being in a big family.
The hardest part of the job is coping with the constant change weather its people leaving of arriving, or not knowing what the next few days will hold.
The most enjoyable part of being in the army is the connection you make with your fellow soldiers.
Great oppertunity for advancement
General Manager (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: ability to advance
Cons: Difficulty in achieving external education
A great organization which meets its country's demands in peace as well as in war. Constantly, challenging and developing its employees in the face of an ever changing environment.
Fun workplace
Patriot missile specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 27, 2015
Great place to work. Amazing people. At times the command needed leadership skills but overall very great chain of command. The best part was always being on the move and seeing new places and meeting new people.
A great experience
Satellite Communications Maintenance Head (Former Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 27, 2015
Unfortunately, it is impossible to write a review for the US Army. Every single soldier's experience is incredibly personal and unique. The only thing that I can say, is that the experience I received and the lessons that I learned are something that I wouldn't trade for the world.
us army
military police officer (Former Employee), Warren, RIMarch 27, 2015
Pros: duty
Cons: injuries
service for the United States is meaning full. I joined the U.S Marines in 2004 and was discharged for having my ear lobes pierced and stretched, errorous enlistment. After 3 month being in boot camp I took a bus home and joined the U.S. Army. This choice placed me where I wanted to go, in both conflicts Iraq and Afghanistan as a 31 B military police. I came home from afghan June 15, 2013 serving my last tour.
My Army Experience
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXMarch 27, 2015
I have served almost 6 years in the Army Reserves, but I have never felt fully satasfied. I love the Army, but when it comes down to actually making a diffrence without jumping through hoops and throwing an amazing circus act just to be seen I do not enjoy it.
I've worked from the bottom and made my way up and it's a very rewarding feeling, especially with my Chain of Command supporting me. Like an other jobs it has good and bad days but bad days are few are far in between.
Learning Expiriecnce, Working and meeting new people
Specialist (Current Employee), Hershey, PAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Healthcare, training, coworkers, missions
Cons: Driving distance, training, coworkers, missions
A typical day in Guard can be both slow and busy. Depending what is on the training schedule for the weekend. We provide food, ammo and equipment to three other companies, we also are the Mechanics of the Unit. You learn to work and meet all kinds of people. You also have many different experiences some bad but most good. The hardest part of being in the Military would be working and dealing with people. Some people really care but the people that don't is what brings a Unit down.
Great career opportunity
Supply Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYMarch 27, 2015
The US Army is a fantastic and dynamic organization. Global and far reaching with great opportunities for growth and self development along with mentorship.
Most diverse and influential places and portion of my life
Lead Administrator /Supervisor/ Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wainwright, AKMarch 27, 2015
Pros: The people I've met
Cons: Being away from family while deployed or otherwise
Met people from all over the world and learned an enormous amount from each of them concerning culture, habits and different ways of life. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Army

The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. – Read more

U.S. Army Salaries