U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 25,364 reviews matching the search
Wonderful place for opportunities and growth
92Y Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 9, 2016
The us army offers the opportunities for growth as well as the knowledge to support individuals as they transition out into the civilian world.
Having comrades in the armed forces are about more than being in the midst of co workers, it is and will always be about a brotherhood. Working with family is what makes this job enjoyable and having to leave them is what makes it the worst.
Loved working for the US Army
Senior Advisor and Group Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAFebruary 8, 2016
Love my time and experiences in the Army. Just did not want to move my family again. I would recommend the Army to anyone.
My day starts at 0410 and usually ends around 1800ish during garrison and while deployed it is a 24/7 job.
Pros
Teamwork and watching subordinates grow on their journey
Cons
missing family
Proud Veteran
Senior Professional Development NCO (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYFebruary 8, 2016
I rate the Army at five stars for allowing me to operate at my full potential while allowing me to serve me country proudly.
good
Personnel Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 8, 2016
Good job that helped to shape the foundation of my life. Taught me disciplines to use later in life. overall great experience.
Pros
good job
United States Army
All Wheel Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 8, 2016
Could not ask for more, The Army is a Life changing experience and can only hope that young men and woman continue to do Outstanding and remarkable things for this great Country.
They Don't do anything for your injuries
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 8, 2016
The job was mostly simple here is something wrong with this piece of equipment find out what is causing it and replace it.
I learned Heavy Equipment repair.
I was left in the dark a lot because management didn't know what was going on.
There wasn't anything notable about my co-workers.
There wasn't anything too difficult while working there.
The most enjoyable part was being able to work with my hands.
Pros
Not too physically demanding
Cons
Terrible health policies.
Walmart
National Guard (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAFebruary 8, 2016
This was my first time working as a loader/unloader and i could not have asked for a better business to start with. While working with walmart i learned the right way as well as fastest way to perform the job, and the skills i learned there i still use till this day.
Best Decision I ever made
Aviation Accountable Officer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 8, 2016
I enjoy working for the government. Helping and supporting the war fighters and mission is my focus. "Nothing fails due to Logistics".
Its the army...
LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 8, 2016
I was a logistics guy I maintained a company and kept is running with all supplies and financials always made sure we were good to go at all times
Fast paced envirorment
Plans and advised the director (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FL 33033February 8, 2016
Managed up to 32 Soldiers in a Special operations environment. In charge of the health and well being and training of all subordinates on and off duty. I have enjoyed all the leadership challenges that I have endured in the last 15 years.

Want to know more about U.S. Army?

Ask a question
Unmatched Experience
Stryker Systems Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WA; Schofield Barracks, HIFebruary 7, 2016
I made bonds that could never be broken, and never be found in another field on a daily basis. I went to work with like minded individuals that sought the same results from every task. The leadership always had the best intentions for all of us in mind.
Pros
Brotherhood; Experience; Meaningful Work
Cons
Time away from family
U.S. Army M1A1 Tank Systems Mechanic / Recruiter
Recruiting Center Commander/ Assistant, Missouri (Current Employee) –  KentuckyFebruary 7, 2016
Proven top level performer. Able to rapidly identify a given situation, develop plans to address deficiencies, coordinate team members to address situation and get results. Effectively communicate and coordinate with employees and customers. Develop and mentor team members.
Productive Workplace
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Stuttgart, ARFebruary 7, 2016
I like the structure of the United States Army and have enjoyed working with fellow coworkers. I was working in a relaxed atmosphere and was allowed to do my job without supervisor intervention.
Come to work do the job and go home a couple of hours later with a feeling of accomplishing great things during the day
Automated Logistics Specialist/ Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day at work for myself is usually very busy, providing customer care, meeting deadlines, leading personnel, attending meeting. I have learned how to prioritize things, everything may not be done immediately but the most important should be completed first. I've lucked out with a great team in my current job, the personnel are cooperative and understand the importance of completed the job right. The only problem I've had is personnel arriving a couple of minutes late to work.

The hardest part of the job is the deployments for 6 months, I can deal with being away from home but 6 months at a time was quit much.
The best part of my job is that I meet people on a daily basis, people of all cultures, beliefs, race, the diversity of people in my current job. I have a chance to learn things from different people from all over the world.
Pros
Healthcare, Vacation days
Cons
Deployments
Productive and good teaching/learning enviornment.
Squad Leader (Sergeant) (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of physical training whether it would be running 2-4 miles every other day or muscular endurance training every other day as well. And this would begin at 6:30am then rolling over to the actual working portion of the day at 9:30am. I've learned the value of teamwork outside of a athletic setting and I better understand leadership and have learned management skills. There is truly no hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable is looking back on the entry position that I entered as and seeing the development of myself and others around me.
The Quality of Life while serving in the US Army for 20 years
74D/ CBRN (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLFebruary 7, 2016
Wake up to go do some physical training for about 1 hour a nd15 minutes then I shower eat breakfast and go to work so my day normally starts at 0600 until 1700. My work day can consist of doing inspection, giving a brief, doing a lot of admin data on a daily basis and following up on support or request for support, make sure that personnel's or equipment are in the right place at the right time failing is not and option. As for training I just have to make sure training is done to standard not to time because all I do is supervise because of the rank I have earn.
Pros
My actions always speaks for itself.
Cons
Getting ready to RET from the US Army after 20 years.
hello
Network Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 7, 2016
hello hello by adele hello hello do the friday on sometimes saturday anytime though we arent fully dogmatic count dogs.
Great Structure.
Aviation Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAFebruary 6, 2016
The Army gives you that firm foundation for being your life. Gives you the opportunity to see exactly what it is you make want to do in life.
Pros
You will always have a steady check. No matter what.
Cons
The job you pick in the Army may not be the job you actually do.
productive work invironment
Team Leader Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HI 96857February 6, 2016
The skills and experiences I learned from serving in US-ARMY to always look sharp, and Take good care of my team, Assemble diverse teams to get a range of perspectives, I quickly discover no one had a lock on the right answers, Investing in relationships for the long term, The relationships formed in the military are lifelong, and serve me well in a business career, willing to listen to everyone opinion that incorporates as many ideas as possible, Stay calm under pressure, Act decisively even with limited information, Carefully plan out the logistics, Lead with integrity, I learned to operate with integrity and high ethical standards, know and can do everything I ask of those how work in my team, Be the expert know the job do the difficult tasks, Give 100% of effort at all time.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Exciting
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KS 66442February 6, 2016
This is the place to be if you want a career that gives you the chance to travel and live around the world, such as Germany or Korea.

4.5