U.S. Army

23.5K reviews

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Love the Military
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Honor, Respect, Discipline
Cons: none
The military is my life and am working really hard to get back in, I had gotten hurt but am ready to get back in. You work hard and as hard as you work you slowly work your way to the top I woke up every morning know that I was somewhere I loved to be.
NA
Sr. Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GAJuly 30, 2015
Nothing to say the learn a lot serving the country. Everything was processed and the military was very challenging and pushed you to the limit. Probably wished I focused more on Civilian living. It would make everything easier to transfer out.
To Lead
Finance /Personnel Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: The opportunity to travel, meet others and learn different culture.
Cons: When you have to say goodbye to other soldiers.
A typical day begins with exercise and then you would be given your daily requirement for your job.
I learned to be motivated, multitask, work with a Team, understand my chain of command, be proactive, work under pressure, pursue my dreams and be a leader.
I worked well with my superiors and learned a lot from them.
The hardest part of my job was when I had to say goodbye to a fellow soldier who had to transition on somewhere else.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with different individuals in different ranks and jobs.
Deployments
RUCK MASTER DATA MANAGER IN UNITED STATES ARMY (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 30, 2015
Long days and be prepared to deploy and go on field training exercises. Know the regulations. Advancements are there if you want them!
Very long and vigorous work hours
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYJuly 30, 2015
A normal work day consists of multiple safety drills with numerous on job scenrios.

Supervising at least 4 to 8 individuals on fuel and fire safety.

Everyday a new event would take place to further ensure training and accomplishments are being fulfilled.

Hardest part of the job is the different weather conditions and unknown flight turns and conditions.

Most enjoyable part of the day is the ability to teach others the craft and allow experiences.
Great coworkers and stable benefits.
OPS Clerk (Current Employee), Eglin AFB, FLJuly 30, 2015
The military has outstanding benefits, stability, and opportunities. I enjoyed some of the people I worked with throughout my career. I had the opportunity to experience airborne operations and deploying to foreign countries.
very demanding
Sergeant (Former Employee), worldwideJuly 30, 2015
This was very physically and mentally demanding. I was a sergeant and supervised over soldiers and millions of dollars worth of equipment.
review
Joint Mobility Operations Officer (Former Employee), Scott AFB, ILJuly 30, 2015
I appreciate the fact that they held my job while deployed for the military although they did not contact my family during my 18 month deployment
Great introduction company
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits and opportunity for promotion
Cons: Unrealistic expectations with little understanding of time restraints, job / work life balance
Being a Human Resource Specialist for the United State Army is a great introduction to Human Resources. I learned many value subjects that furthered my knowledge in HR and allowed me to grow in my filed. Subjects such a data entry into an automated system, promotions and demotions and payroll. I believe it was a great stepping stone into the field and in the civilian circuit.
The Army is a serious of ups and downs and you have to learn to roll with the punches and keep moving ahead
Squadron Postal Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYJuly 30, 2015
Personally I chose not to renew my contract so that i could pursue a college degree. I felt as though I could do more and make more of a difference as a civilian. The Army also has a habit of following you home and becoming your entire life and that's not something I liked.
Great place to get your career started
Radio and Communications Security Repairer (Current Employee), Wheeler Army Airfield, HIJuly 30, 2015
The Army is a place where you are taught the key skills needed to become a professional in any workplace. Also very great college benefits
Great place to be a good worker worker
Equal Opportunity Program Manager (Current Employee), charlotte, ncJuly 30, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: time
Iti was good. The work was very satisfying. Geting to know the other supervisors or people at the organization was the best part of working there.
Best Job I ever had
US Army (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
The Army is one of the best jobs I've ever had, if I had to do it again I'd do it all over again and again. USA land of the Brave and the free
Fast paced enviornment with little-to-no room for failure
Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee), Ft. Bragg, NCJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Leadership experience, ability to move up, international experience
Cons: Shortened time at home, extremely long hours, working in austere environments
The military can be a highly stressful environment but can be equally rewarding. You come in early and you work late. Often I stayed later than anyone else. My superiors tried to alleviate that but there was no getting around it. I was fine with it, that's what mattered to me. Attitudes of co-workers can be extreme either way. Rarely will you find personalities that fair somewhere in the middle. You have to learn to work with each one of them in a different way. Challenging but not impossible. I worked from Private First Class to Sergeant First Class, from Infantry to Special Forces, from a team level to battalion level. The hardest part of the job is waiting for tomorrow to see if you did today right. The most enjoyable was to find out you did. I grew up with a severe stutter. It's not nearly as severe as it used to be. It did not prevent me from becoming a Green Beret. It never swayed the opinions of my commanders when I gave briefings to all senior leadership in my battalion. My opinion of my speech was more important to me than it was to them. Because of leadership like that, I succeeded. I will continue to succeed as a civilian as I have done over the last 17 years in the military.
Too much time away from home
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJuly 30, 2015
-The hardest part is staying overseas in tent for many many months at a time with very few days off. When you do have time off there is nothing to do really
Intense Training to get in shape, Learn new skills, learn how to work with people of all ages and types.
91W Combat Medic (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSJuly 30, 2015
Pros: benefits, holidays, education incentives, various programs.
Cons: wartime
Challenging environment in both training and work sites.
very variable in that respect, having much chance in changing work sites. Continuous training ensures your proficiency at your job.
Great place to gain experience.
Hard not to get in Healthy physical shape.
US ARMY
Quality Control Officer / Maintenance Test Pilot (Current Employee), Camp Humphreys, S. KoreaJuly 30, 2015
Army Aviation is a tremendous career field. There are exciting opportunities to serve in all aspects of aviation all over the world.
Full time employment with all expenses paid travel
Team leader, Investigator, Specialist (Former Employee), Ft. Benning, GA JSA, KoreaJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Interesting assignments, good medical benefits
Cons: High probability of experiencing life threatening situations
The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in the world while having unique experiences. While in the Army I was sent on a deployment to Honduras and realized how fortunate it is to be an American Citizen. While assigned to the northernmost camp in South Korea it was enlightening to learn about the countries culture. The South Korean cherry tree blossoms in the spring, and waving rice in the terraced paddies are two visual memories I well never forget.
Best team on the planet. Engineers- lead the way
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TX; Winchester VA; Kabul, Afghanistan.July 30, 2015
Pros: Three hots and a cot. Blackhawk rides, C-130 spiral to the tarmac, M-4, 50 cal, awesome chow, great friends.
Cons: Trying to get approved for leave, being far from family when they need you.
There is no typical work day. Every day has new challenges, some mundane, some extremely difficult. The variety of tasks, the diversity of people, the sense of accomplishment, and that feeling of "I'm doing something bigger then myself" is a wonderful feeling that you get frequently. Opportunities abound and your efforts will be recognized. Some of the challenges are the tasks you face, peer related, or they have to do with the conditions you find yourself in. Each soldier finds his or her own way to overcome obstacles using the tools the Army gives you. Quite an impressive tool kit.

If you don't think you have personal courage or strength, they will help you find it and turn you into a better version of yourself.
Daily Operation
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Lots of paid vacations
Taking on tasks that challenge my skills and extends my knowledge. Helping people in need that were not self suficent through Information Technology.
Headquarters