U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 40,863 reviews matching the search
Great experience that introduced to many multicultural situations
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 26, 2017
Military work was fun, exciting and challenging. Not only did I get to work with and experience people from all different walks of life, but I also got to deal with many international cultures and customs. The brotherhood and camaraderie was fantastic. This was an adventure I wouldn't trade for the world. I learned to manage multiple different types of personalities, work in extremely high stress environments and deal with multitasking beyond what most could comprehend. Learning purchasing and procurement skills, product quality control and inventorying in a multitude of different situations and prepared me for any potential challenges I will face in the future. I know from experience that regardless of circumstance, I will rise to the occasion and excel.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Reward for hard work put in wasn't exemplary
Hard days pay off
Chemist (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 26, 2017
The Army is a great job for someone who is looking to better their life. Not only can you make new friends you can become a better person serving your country.
Depends on the unit
Sustainment Automation Support Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 26, 2017
Easy Paycheck, Very Stressful, Minimal time with family, last minute notice on everything, early workdays, no set time when you get off, and cant go anywhere without permission, even with family emergencies.
High paced work enviornment with productive and efficiant operational system
Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Ft. Riley North, KSJuly 26, 2017
Great potential to learn and grow. Professional personel. Fun work environment. Challenging and knowledge based. Ethical standards for all personel.grat health benifits
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Contstantly away from family
Army
Training Instructor/ Training Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAJuly 26, 2017
Do what your told, when your told to do it. Anything above and beyond can either help or hurt your career advancement. I did well, I made it from E1 to E7 in 11 years.
Excellent job
Secretary/Office Manger (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NY 13602July 26, 2017
Highly recommend any federal job. It was stressful but worth it. Working for military as a civilian employee is different in many ways but very rewarding career. I'd still be there but due to serious health issues had to leave the job. I was placed on permanent disability 30 years ago but still have the excellent federal plan health benefits for life and annuity.
Pros
Benefits, pay and advancement opportunities
Cons
Stressful
A tightrope made of candy canes and razor wire
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJuly 26, 2017
Everyday is something new and depending upon where you work and who you work for, could mean your last. Sometimes you get incredible leaders that carry the old values of what the Army should have remained and actually care for and grow their Soldiers but other times you get people who only care for themselves and the perception that they can portray whilst tearing down those around them.
Loved the Army
Radio and Satellite Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJuly 26, 2017
I was proud to serve my country and still will through the civilian life. I do miss it sometimes but I am excited to move on and escalate through my career field.
Stable world of life.
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 26, 2017
Military was able to provide me a place to live, roof over my head, food in my stomache, educatiion and training that help me to be stable enough be strong, aim for the future, and teach me to be a mentor to make a difference for this country. All I need to do was to follow the Army values, follow orders, and protect my country. Proud and honor to server my country and I would do it again, if I could.
Pros
Stable money, education, teaching
Cons
24 hour job, seven days out of the week, away from family
Fast paced adventurous position
Clinical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJuly 26, 2017
High responsibility with the opportunity to work on your own without supervision. Great opportunity to help the community while mentoring others below you.
Work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 26, 2017
I love working for the Army. It has changed my life and made me the leader I am today. Without the Army I would not have the opportunity to lead Soldiers and advance in my military and civilian careers.
What can I say?
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXJuly 26, 2017
It's the Army! what would you expect? You are gone more often than not but you build a camaraderie that is unmatched anywhere else in my experience. I would honestly say that it helped build me to be the person I am today and I wouldn't trade any of my experiences, good or bad, for the world
Its the ARMY
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCJuly 26, 2017
It's the ARMY. Its what you would expect. I wouldn't recomend to anyone unless they are going to make a career out of it or are planning to use there GI bill for college.
Supply Clerk
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJuly 26, 2017
The army is great for some but not for all. Some people can handle the stress of it, some not. I think the army comes down to who your management is. If you have good leadership then it is a great place to work. If you have sucky leadership then your experience will be exactly the same.
Pros
A steady check, free helth care, housing allowance
Cons
too many to list
Productive mental and physical army training
Basic Training (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 26, 2017
It was a amazing experience that I loved. It Was complicated at times but its worth it at the end, it makes you stronger and smarter as a person not just physically but mentally. One of the hardest things being in basic training was being away from my loved ones and trying to push myself to the limit and not telling myself that I cant do it but at the end of it all you tell yourself you can do it.
demanding
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 26, 2017
The US Army can be both fast paced and slow at times. You will spend alot of days working long hard hours in all types of weather. Other days revery relaxed. They somehow find a way to balance everything out
Pros
steady pay
Cons
some days are super long, and there will be times no breaks will be available.
Army Experience
Chemical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAJuly 26, 2017
It was nice getting paid to workout during Physical Training (PT) though early wake ups. Everyone has an opportunity to lead. Its a team effort environment. Networking is great thus meeting people from different places. And lots of domestic and international adventures
Great Opportunities
SIGNAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAJuly 26, 2017
Great job to get your foot in the door with school and other technical classes. Helps build character, leadership and discipline. Great way to network and feel as if you have a family at all times.
Great career
Chief, Operational Training (Current Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJuly 26, 2017
Great career option for single or married life. You get a chance for life long education or work experience. 30 days of paid leave, each year. A chance to see the world and experience cultures you never imagined.
US Army Infantry
Infantryman (11B) (Former Employee) –  Campbell, KYJuly 26, 2017
A typical day at work consists of weapons maintenance, vehicle maintenance and taking accountability of sensitive high value items. I learned how to prioritize and how to work with minimal supervision. Management always did their best to accommodate their soldiers. The hardest part of the job was having to go on long field training exercises for weeks on end without having to see my family. The best part of my job was the brotherhood that I formed with the guys that I served.
Cons
long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4